: Lux feels oppressive in bot lane. Please don't hate me.
I'm not very amazing at the game (although I do think I have a good mind for game design and balance), but even I'm aware of keeping my space away from Lux and dodging roots (which isn't that hard, projectile speed isn't amazingly fast). My biggest problem with her is just that Lux has such strong CC that she can easily lock enemy ADCs out of farming effectively. It's much easier to farm when playing against other supports like Thresh and Morg, for example.
Rioter Comments
: Your post makes you come across as a hypocrite. It makes me wonder if they appear to be "smug" because you never shut up.
> [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7LOaPV6A,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-12T06:35:57.558+0000) > > Your post makes you come across as a hypocrite. It makes me wonder if they appear to be "smug" because you never shut up. I think the post is aimed towards people like you. People who lack empathy when it comes to being new or having bad games are probably the ones perpetrating the bad behavior outlined in the post.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Kokua (NA)
: I only report those who I believe truly deserve it. I let a lot of mild attitude slide. If anything, I'd leave lesser offenses up to someone else or the system to catch. A single report is all that's necessary for a single game, multiple reports don't make the offense any greater. If it's bad enough, the system will pick it up even without a report. If I'm on, it's because I have the intent to play a game. I jump into games almost immediately after logging on. If I do not intend to play another, I generally log out shortly after the game ends. Hence why I may miss notifications.
> [{quoted}](name=Kokua,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=m8EBe3Vw,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-06T13:51:19.856+0000) > > I only report those who I believe truly deserve it. I let a lot of mild attitude slide. If anything, I'd leave lesser offenses up to someone else or the system to catch. A single report is all that's necessary for a single game, multiple reports don't make the offense any greater. If it's bad enough, the system will pick it up even without a report. If I'm on, it's because I have the intent to play a game. I jump into games almost immediately after logging on. If I do not intend to play another, I generally log out shortly after the game ends. Hence why I may miss notifications. Fair enough.
Kokua (NA)
: I've personally never had an IFS notification, though I've never sat around hoping to see one. It's possible that I've had them without noticing/caring. In my opinion, It's not my business to know whether or not my report led to punishment. I'm happy knowing that it at least gets tacked on to their history of negative behavior.
> [{quoted}](name=Kokua,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=m8EBe3Vw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-06T13:36:50.126+0000) > > I've personally never had an IFS notification, though I've never sat around hoping to see one. It's possible that I've had them without noticing/caring. In my opinion, It's not my business to know whether or not my report led to punishment. I'm happy knowing that it at least gets tacked on to their history of negative behavior. That's strange, you've never gotten a random one at the very least? I think I've gotten extremely rare instances where IFS mentions it punished someone I reported at any time prior, but it was usually after a game that didn't really have issues. I admire your attitude towards knowing the fate of people you reported, though. No sarcasm intended if it ends up sounding like it, but I'm nowhere near an upstanding player like you. I'm perhaps a bit vengeful regarding toxicity.
Rioter Comments
: This might be a longshot but..
Wait, you said something about "I'm trolling". That's sarcasm right? My brain feels frazzled right now, I think it's supposed to be sarcasm but I feel confused as to what I read. Not your fault, I'm just dumb right now. Good luck on your ticket.
Rioter Comments
: They should get rid of perma bans completely and allow all perma bans to be appealed as well. This is a dumb feature for a game that people spend a lot of money on.
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HIEoTKZU,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-30T01:54:48.510+0000) > > They should get rid of perma bans completely and allow all perma bans to be appealed as well. This is a dumb feature for a game that people spend a lot of money on. This is a terrible mindset. You shouldn't be able to buy your way into special treatment regarding standards of behavior. That being said, I wish the system itself could be overhauled to be more lenient because I've seen a couple extremely borderline cases of permabans where I thought Riot was too overboard with their judgement.
: Can we please put the "safe space" argument to rest?
I think the argument is that Riot is babying its players (which I do tend to agree with). That being said, Riot is a private company and can thus impose their own rules. While I don't like the spirit of the rules, I do like the effects of them. I think it forces the playerbase to become more sportsmanlike. I do think the mob mentality of the Player Behavior subforum needs to be addressed though. I feel like anyone who does support free speech (including me) ends up being buried in a barrage of downvotes. That being said, that's to be expected for anyone who expresses an unpopular opinion though. I think it creates a chilling effect on honest discussions of the IFS.
: I got chat restricted after someone stole my lane and I asked to get him reported
Mod put it perfectly, but to hopefully add on some more helpful information, multiple Riot employees have told me via email NOT to call for reporting someone, as that's bannable. For harassment I assume. I feel bad for you since your situation really sucks (asshole teams always suck), but like @AeroWaffle said, I would also recommend draft pick. Also, I think reporting someone for lane stealing is a tenuous report at best. I'm pretty sure that unless you're stealing a role in Draft Pick, where people explicitly choose their roles, stealing a lane in Blind is more BM than anything. It's not a true rule in the sense that Draft's roles are, so your report might be weak. Try to restrain yourself from calling for reports in the future. Good luck, my guy.
Ekitaih (NA)
: I understand what you’re getting at here. I also know who you are referring to. I’ll simply say this: Toxicity is truly a person by person basis. One person that you call a “moron” might just laugh it off and not report you. Someone else might find it disrespectful and report you. As far as rules for Riot, they are quite ambiguous. There is no clear definition, as you say. But it’s not about making mistakes. It’s about having a pattern. Say you call someone a “f**king moron” for 30/35 of your games, vs someone who only did it for 1/35 of their games. The one who did it 30/35 of his games would have a harsher punishment. Out of fear of name shaming, I will not say the person’s name in the other thread. However I will say this, he’s had several warnings. Permabanning is used as a last resort option. He was given ample opportunity to change his ways, but instead he continued on his path of bullying. Using “moron” and “delusional” was only a couple of his many issues. Arguing in game chat is most times seen as a negative environment and as we all know, that is a reportable offense. It’s not conducive of a positive game and can be very distracting to other players. Blaming team mates (something he also did) is also seen as negativity and griefing. Ultimately you just have to be a decent human being and apply the “just walk away” rule. Mute, report, and move on. Ever heard of “The better man walks away”? Apply that to League chat and you won’t have any problems.
> [{quoted}](name=Ekitaih,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Eyp2U5MI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-15T08:08:16.722+0000) > > I understand what you’re getting at here. I also know who you are referring to. > I’ll simply say this: > Toxicity is truly a person by person basis. One person that you call a “moron” might just laugh it off and not report you. Someone else might find it disrespectful and report you. > As far as rules for Riot, they are quite ambiguous. There is no clear definition, as you say. But it’s not about making mistakes. It’s about having a pattern. Say you call someone a “f**king moron” for 30/35 of your games, vs someone who only did it for 1/35 of their games. The one who did it 30/35 of his games would have a harsher punishment. > Out of fear of name shaming, I will not say the person’s name in the other thread. However I will say this, he’s had several warnings. Permabanning is used as a last resort option. He was given ample opportunity to change his ways, but instead he continued on his path of bullying. Using “moron” and “delusional” was only a couple of his many issues. Arguing in game chat is most times seen as a negative environment and as we all know, that is a reportable offense. It’s not conducive of a positive game and can be very distracting to other players. > Blaming team mates (something he also did) is also seen as negativity and griefing. > Ultimately you just have to be a decent human being and apply the “just walk away” rule. Mute, report, and move on. > Ever heard of “The better man walks away”? Apply that to League chat and you won’t have any problems. Great reply. I didn't read the entire thread, so the OP in question might have hidden some of his other transgressions. However, the advisor's replies regarding the more ambiguous parts of OP's argument were admittedly slightly worrying for me. I hope I'm not deluded when I say I've almost completely reformed since my instant 2-week ban, but I do like to put it how I see it. When I see an asshole truly being an asshole, I tell said asshole to shut it. And not always so kindly. Of course, I won't be resorting to hate speech.
: Have you ever thought about why exactly you flame so much and if you are toxic from the getgo or need a trigger? I mean this as a serious question because it seems like you're not the typical "I throw a tantrum over a video game" type of flamer. Do you flame because you get angry at your teammates when they mess up? It's normal to get annoyed and some people feel the need to become verbally toxic because of that but if this scenario is the case and it's really as severe as you say it is then you're probably having anger issues that need to be solved via a therapist or anger management. Do you flame because you enjoy the drama? I know somebody who LOVES to create drama between people so he becomes super toxic just because he indulges himself in negativity. It's like a thrill to him. Or do you flame because you like to debate? I'm not trying to sound therapeutic or anything but maybe you need to find out the cause for your toxicity first in order to be able to fix it. For now the best thing you can probably do is step away from League for a while.
> [{quoted}](name=iGaveUpAtLast,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=R1vypiAB,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-15T04:51:10.091+0000) > > Have you ever thought about why exactly you flame so much and if you are toxic from the getgo or need a trigger? I mean this as a serious question because it seems like you're not the typical "I throw a tantrum over a video game" type of flamer. > Do you flame because you get angry at your teammates when they mess up? It's normal to get annoyed and some people feel the need to become verbally toxic because of that but if this scenario is the case and it's really as severe as you say it is then you're probably having anger issues that need to be solved via a therapist or anger management. > Do you flame because you enjoy the drama? I know somebody who LOVES to create drama between people so he becomes super toxic just because he indulges himself in negativity. It's like a thrill to him. > Or do you flame because you like to debate? > I'm not trying to sound therapeutic or anything but maybe you need to find out the cause for your toxicity first in order to be able to fix it. > For now the best thing you can probably do is step away from League for a while. Nothing wrong about being therapeutic. Reading this was weirdly very enjoyable for me.
Rioter Comments
GodCarry (NA)
: Riot Support's Response to my Permaban Ticket
As far as I can tell, even people usually have told me profanity and negative language in and of itself is fine as long as it isn't being used to harass someone. i.e. >You're a fking inting POS Saying that to a teammate simply doing bad would be harassment and grounds for a ban. >Stop taunting them, you look like a fking idiot Saying that to a teammate who's BMing constantly would probably not be worthy of a ban. Or something like that. I feel like, based on the OP's provided evidence, he didn't deserve a ban, but I didn't read through all ten pages of the thread. Can we get someone higher up to clarify the situation? Like, either a Tantram {{summoner:11}} or a reverse {{summoner:11}} ?
Hawckey (NA)
: ***
>Selling pot and getting into fist fights shouldn't land you in prison or life IMO By itself, a true statement. But after three chances and you're still doing it? Honestly, yeah it sucks but you had three chances. Rather foolish imo. Privatized prison sucks, but you know what sucks more? Criminals. >To say that this game has higher standards than others is bullshit. Uh, people get banned for violating these standards you know. That's literally what standards are. Unless you mean community standards. In which case I agree with you. The community isn't so great. >why wouldn't you suggest for Riot to find another solution aside from banning Besides making the game an investment by not making it F2P, not really too many options. But that's just an element of an F2P that doesn't have pay-to-win, isn't it? Besides banning, there really aren't any options. People value less what is easily obtained. You can have the same experience regardless of level (which is great for games in general, but leads to less value placed on accounts).
Hawckey (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Hawckey,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EIngAhBN,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-04-18T15:19:45.849+0000) > > Ignore the ppl replying, Riot's banning policy is extremely rigid and makes no sense whatsoever, nobody should ever get PERMA banned just for general flaming, no other game does this. after all these years their game is still toxic as hell and they have never considered another approach, yet people will defend their 4 step punishment policy as if it works. It literally reminds me of the 3 strike rule in California where if you get caught dealing drugs 3 times you're in prison for life. No matter how light the crime is it will still be the same punishment at the end, which for some reason the reddit and boards community is cool with Well, you *should* be put in jail for life for getting caught three times selling drugs. Drugs have the power to ruin someone's life, and it creates a horrible positive feedback loop of dependency. Besides, you get three chances. If you haven't learned by then, honestly you deserve to go to jail for being a complete dolt. Also, LoL simply has higher standards. If the community is so toxic compared to other games (which I agree on), the standards should be higher if anything to ensure better behavior. Especially since the game is so ubiquitous; if it can run on a toaster and is free, you're going to have assholes in the game. Higher standards and stringent banning reduce the number of said assholes. I've been banned for two weeks once for complaining about the enemy's JG with homophobic speech. If anything, I've come to appreciate the standards this community and this board have. It's made me less toxic in games overall, and I've come to become more empathetic. It's as simple as "Treat others how you'd like to be treated." Took a hard lesson, but I'm glad it happened, in a sense. I hope your time on the boards teaches you the same.
RallerenP (EUW)
: > I have never been chat restricted, or had any disciplinary problems except for ONE other time in which i was 2 week banned. Although i did not understand why my first punishment was a 2 week ban i understood i was toxic and i accepted my punishment. You get a 14 day ban in cases of extreme toxicity. (Such as using hate speech or telling people to kill themselves.) > Vaskalair: im not flaming Ehm > Vaskalair: toxic idiot nami Vaskalair: report nami afk Vaskalair: report nami trolling Vaskalair: hard stuck Vaskalair: gold support main That's flaming. You're using the report tool as a weapon. You spend too much time arguing with your teammates and it negatively impacts the game, earning you a punishment. --- On the 14 day reform card you are warned that the next punishment would be a permaban. You didn't take the warning, so you got permabanned.
> [{quoted}](name=RallerenP,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EIngAhBN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-18T12:12:21.478+0000) > > You get a 14 day ban in cases of extreme toxicity. (Such as using hate speech or telling people to kill themselves.) > > Ehm > Vaskalair: report nami afk > Vaskalair: report nami trolling > Vaskalair: hard stuck > Vaskalair: gold support main > > That's flaming. You're using the report tool as a weapon. > > You spend too much time arguing with your teammates and it negatively impacts the game, earning you a punishment. > > --- > > On the 14 day reform card you are warned that the next punishment would be a permaban. You didn't take the warning, so you got permabanned. Put it better than I could have. Like, the chat logs this guy copypasted are literal, liquidized ass-AIDS. Hell, I've reprimanded people in team chat telling them to stop being so toxic for less than this.
: If you go off on toxic team mates, no matter what you are liable for punishment. Riot's policy is mute, don't respond and report at the end of the game. If you don't it's your choice but you can get punished. I know people get frustrated, I'm a person myself. You are being delusional, and your response shows it clearly. If you believe the report system takes shit out of context, and punishments are unjust, then ask the fucking support team instead. They are also people so they won't take it out of context and listen to your whiny baby complaining. :) Your behavior shows how toxic you are, and delusional. You believe ur the hero, ur the savior of this "toxic" community while you do nothing but complain. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}} {{sticker:katarina-love}}
I figured this thread was finally dead, but I suppose you bothered to revive it. You're intellectually lazy, to be quite honest. It's fine to echo Riot's opinion, but you're using it as a hammer to shut down any sort of open debate. >If you believe the report system takes shit out of context, and punishments are unjust, then ask the fucking support team instead. You do realize that's the point of this forum, right? To offer a space for discussion regarding Player Behavior?... >You are being delusional You're stuck in your echo chamber, and you're unable to understand a simple concept like the purpose of this forum. I'm well within my rights to express an opinion. Also, kindly explain to me what exactly I'm deluded about. My only argument is that Riot consider the human aspect of the game when handing out instabans (which I believe is the case, regardless, but a fact that I was unaware of at the time) and to ask for greater leniency. If anything, you no longer have any grounds to call me delusional. My own attitudes to toxicity have hardened greatly in these last 3 months. I still feel a bit of sympathy, but I believe retaliation in general is just foolish. Of course, don't fool yourself into believing you won the argument. Your arguments were hollow and derivative of every other toxic person on this subboard; even if your points were up to snuff, the way you addressed me ensured that I would never take you seriously. >They are also people so they won't take it out of context and listen to your whiny baby complaining. :) Your behavior shows how toxic you are, and delusional. You believe ur the hero, ur the savior of this "toxic" community while you do nothing but complain. Jeez, you're sure passionate about your ad hominem. I'd prefer that the forums adhere to, if anything, a higher standard than the Summoner's Code, but you've gone far below that. Way to ignore the substance of my argument, characterize me as a whiny shmuck, and try to paint me as someone I've never considered myself to be. A "hero"? You must be in a bad state of mind. No, I'll put it bluntly. You're toxic. You might think you're not. You think you're a paradigm of the Summoner's Code, here to uphold it in what you see as a shitty thread. But you've resorted to low, low blows. You're awful. Ah, and I figured I'd take the time to edit to point out that your use of emojis is highly counterproductive. No one takes you seriously. You're like the one person that tries to make a good politlcal point on Twitter and then ruins it by adding a sassy emoji or something.
: Why i don't play support much anymore
Sona's have their place in ranked still. Could be a lower ranked type of experience, but I just got completely outlaned by a Cait and a Sona as Trist since both had such heavy harass. I'd say she has her uses as a hard counter, since Trist has bad poke imo. But anyway, on a related topic, do people not have enough brain cells to realize hard countering is a thing and sucks to play against? I hold my tongue the entire game even though jungle and top lane make bad misplays, and then they take a dump on me. Not fun.
Kei143 (NA)
: If it's just a 10 game chat restriction, it would have put you at honor1. You'd have to get punished twice (or 14-day ban direct) to become honor0. I don't think that you getting CR10 twice within 3 months time of the system coming out is possible (it might be, you never know), as it does take an average of 3 months playtime to drop a punishment tier. So I'm inclined to think that there is some disconnect in information / memory here.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=y2tdz8x0,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-13T17:46:49.598+0000) > > If it's just a 10 game chat restriction, it would have put you at honor1. > > You'd have to get punished twice (or 14-day ban direct) to become honor0. > > I don't think that you getting CR10 twice within 3 months time of the system coming out is possible (it might be, you never know), as it does take an average of 3 months playtime to drop a punishment tier. So I'm inclined to think that there is some disconnect in information / memory here. Wait, holy shit, you can eventually drop out of a punishment tier? I mean, I've become a lot nicer and I like it that way, so it's not an issue, but the impending doom of instaban scares me since I was 14-day-ban direct.
: Preparation for ranked (or rather, the lack thereof)
I think part of it is just having your ranked MMR stabilize near the end of placements; I did much better during the last few games. Of course, that could be due to playing at off-hours (1AM-3AM). Granted, League of Legends is WAY, WAY different from, say, OW, but role distinctions are similar. I guess I'm bringing over my flex playstyle into League, partly because when I started placements, ranked was so unfun I really had no clue where I even wanted to start (I was pretty outmatched every time) or just suffered from a lack of focus and/or gamesense. I presume regardless of how dissimilar the games are, both OW and LoL players disapprove of "one-tricks". Maybe I'm thinking *way* too far ahead into the future, but that seemed like a terrible idea. Assuming the ranked system works as intended (and I do believe that, for the most part; I have little sympathy for those who complain about "ELO hell" or the like), people I'll be facing theoretically should be at least at similar levels of play as me. In that case, wouldn't learning multiple champions be worthwhile? If skill is similar, the extra edge in having counterpicks seems invaluable to me (again, bad analogy, but i.e. knowing how to play both a hitscan like McCree/Soldier 76 or projectile character like Pharah based on the situation really helps). Of course, my skill levels are much, much different in LoL and OW, not to mention the myriad of different dynamics going on in LoL vs OW. I'm not trying to discount your advice; in fact, I really appreciate that you took the extra step to go through my own match history. It's just that I'm thinking long-term, and I want to make sure I not only improve right now in the short term, but make sure I'm viable as a player in the future.
Rioter Comments
Laura ß (NA)
: All of you white knights saying you rather have a bad player make me laugh, In a game where you are playing randoms who cares if my teamate types shit as long as he knows what the fuck he is doing and actualy trying to win is much better than having a bad player trying to win butjust cant. ''Toxic'' players are more competetive and not trying to be all kiddy kindly with randoms he will probably never see or play ever again. Grow up people, and just because a person is toxic in a game doesnt mean he is or will be IRL if he was playing in the same room as you. Im pretty toxic myself in chat but in person im a chill guy so please all of you fuckers trying to be white knights and because your feelings get hurt in a video game YOU are the toxic ones.
> [{quoted}](name=chamaman,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ObONkji3,comment-id=0035,timestamp=2018-02-02T02:40:38.427+0000) > > All of you white knights saying you rather have a bad player make me laugh, In a game where you are playing randoms who cares if my teamate types shit as long as he knows what the fuck he is doing and actualy trying to win is much better than having a bad player trying to win butjust cant. ''Toxic'' players are more competetive and not trying to be all kiddy kindly with randoms he will probably never see or play ever again. Grow up people, and just because a person is toxic in a game doesnt mean he is or will be IRL if he was playing in the same room as you. Im pretty toxic myself in chat but in person im a chill guy so please all of you fuckers trying to be white knights and because your feelings get hurt in a video game YOU are the toxic ones. Look man, I'm normally someone who supports completely unfiltered chat, but quite frankly, you're out of line here. Some of us aren't that competitive. I go into ranked knowing I'll get my ass kicked because placements suck and unranked gives you zero preparation whatsoever. So I don't tilt that much. In that case, given the flaming I'll inevitably get, I'm happy to see a teammate that's still nice to me after all the trouble. Quite frankly, I don't believe your claim that you're a "decent" person IRL when your tone here is absolute garbage and it seems that your in-game behavior is just as bad.
Mordius (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CrazFight ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wyT77RqE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-31T04:07:03.642+0000) > > You most likely received many previous penalties and this was the last straw. Its likely tantram will come in here and {{summoner:11}} you, unless your the rare case. > > Although these chat logs don't seem to bad, you were giving up early by continuing to say "ff" over and over again. Also demanding your team to open mid. This is the second time I've seen you write this in a thread. Tantram hardly ever comments on boards, I'm not sure why you think this is the case.
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wyT77RqE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-01-31T04:21:43.537+0000) > > This is the second time I've seen you write this in a thread. > > Tantram hardly ever comments on boards, I'm not sure why you think this is the case. Look sir, we can hope, OK? Tantram's {{summoner:11}}'s make me nut really hard.
: Adding a new "vote kick" feature in champion select phase
I can just imagine the qualms people will have about playing off-meta heroes. Even in Overwatch, where *pro players* played off-meta heroes and let them shine to their full potential, people would just castigate, bash, throw games over teammates choosing off-meta heroes like Bastion and Widowmaker. I'm afraid to think about what'll happen if there's a votekick function in LoL. Besides, League's main selling point is its diverse roster of playable champions. A votekick will simply just make picks even more restrictive to the current meta. It defeats the entire purpose of the game.
Rioter Comments
Aranax (NA)
: Increase in Penalty for breaking summoners code, especially people who afk.
Downvoted for extreme vagueness. By Summoner's Code violations, you could be referring to being AFK (already handled by LeaverBuster automatically; are you asking for even more punitive measures?), toxicity, hacking/botting, etc. Are you asking for harsher punishments for all of these categories? But since the focus of your thread seems to be AFKing, I'm personally against harsher punishments. Emergencies happen. Admittedly, a good majority of the player base is juvenile. I'd rather not have a teenager have to choose between a ban and helping his mother with the groceries. Who knows, maybe your cat knocked over some important item or something. Maybe you spilled a glass of water on your keyboard. My point is, stuff happens. Maybe some empathy on your part can alleviate your frustration with AFKers. Granted, some people do ragequit and announce in chat that they're AFKing until the end of the game. But there's already a report function for griefing.
Arammus (EUW)
: is it toxic to recommend someone glasses when he asks if he needs them?
I have a lot of grievances with the IFS, but if anything, this game in and of itself probably won't get you a CR, but a consistent pattern of this probably will. By all standards, you were being negative. It's just not bad enough to warrant an instant punishment. Just make sure you're overall a decent player and try to avoid negativity of all kinds. Try to avoid criticizing teammates at all, just to be safe. If you look at it from the teammate's perspective, they might just be having a bad game. Having people breathe down your neck really sucks. Some empathy never hurts when you're about to start spewing negativity in chat. Don't get me wrong, I feel you. Riot is way too restrictive (I'd personally avoid censorship as a whole, "hate speech" and all), but the current state of the community is that the IFS and the report system are *extremely* sensitive to any toxicity. I understand your frustration, but I'm just trying to give you a safe, conservative opinion.
: He made new account and before he got to that elo he fucked a certain number of players. Smurfing is something that ruins matchmaking. We have enough problems with elo boosters, trolls, toxic tilted kids and dumb matchmaking algorithm. We don't need another thing to get fucked by, which smurfs do on daily basis.
> [{quoted}](name=T4underbolt,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kAaQefOY,comment-id=00030002000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-25T11:27:00.844+0000) > > He made new account and before he got to that elo he fucked a certain number of players. Smurfing is something that ruins matchmaking. We have enough problems with elo boosters, trolls, toxic tilted kids and dumb matchmaking algorithm. We don't need another thing to get fucked by, which smurfs do on daily basis. If you're good at the game (i.e. talented, etc.), you'll do that anyway. That's part of climbing. If smurfs are such a huge issue, you should be having them as often on your team as you have them on the other. The fact that you see it as a problem only on the other team suggests you're having trouble climbing to your own inability to. I'm not trying to be rude here, but that's simply the definition of a ranking system. For the most part, smurfs shouldn't be a huge issue if you factor in logic and assume you're at your appropriate skill level.
: most ridiculous chat restriction i have ever seen in my life.
I swear these Rito {{summoner:11}}s make my {{item:1058}} grow even needlessly larger.
: Yeah dude. So instead of losing LP yourself on main account because you decided you wanted to be a one trick and now you want to change roles, you punish 9 other people because what you do and what you want is more important than fair game and matchmaking for other people. Go play in normals for handful of games to get grip of the role and then go for ranked on your main account. It's your choice and you should get consequences of doing this not other people. Players who smurf with that cheap excuses are still mentally not responsible kids who only care that they want their candy and if their family won't have anything to eat they don't care.literally every freaking smurf. Go back on your main and stop ruining games for other people.
> [{quoted}](name=T4underbolt,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kAaQefOY,comment-id=000300020000,timestamp=2018-01-25T07:41:54.627+0000) > > Yeah dude. So instead of losing LP yourself on main account because you decided you wanted to be a one trick and now you want to change roles, you punish 9 other people because what you do and what you want is more important than fair game and matchmaking for other people. Go play in normals for handful of games to get grip of the role and then go for ranked on your main account. It's your choice and you should get consequences of doing this not other people. Players who smurf with that cheap excuses are still mentally not responsible kids who only care that they want their candy and if their family won't have anything to eat they don't care.literally every freaking smurf. Go back on your main and stop ruining games for other people. Quite frankly, your rage-filled ranting and propensity to overgeneralize shows your own lack of mental maturity than anything else. Your reading comprehension is rather poor as well. OP said they made a new account to specifically practice other roles. This means in fact, that account would be their "true" rank in the first place assuming they played roles more evenly overall. This is one of the tamest examples of a smurf I've ever seen.
: I don't think boosting is the biggest problem, it is quite rare and in my opinion there is no malice behind it, the booster just wants to quickly get the game over with and move on. Boosting is simply selling a service for which there is a demand, I'd imagine if climbing felt more like working towards a goal as opposed to an exercise in keyboard snapping frustration boosting wouldn't be as much of a problem. Smurfing is another story entirely however, people really only create smurfs for one reason: to beat up on less skilled players. I can't understand why Riot tolerates smurf accounts, you have players in gold or plat who decide that instead of getting better to climb higher they will just create a smurf and beat up on new players. Finally after turning dozens of new players away from league because their first foray into PvP was a grey screen simulator the smurf finally gets tired and quits league entirely. I can't understand why Riot tolerates people beating up on rookies and driving away new players but letting a bronze player get boosted to silver is so unforgivable that Riot spends countless man hours trying to stop it.
> [{quoted}](name=Chaos Open,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kAaQefOY,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-01-24T19:07:59.160+0000) > > I don't think boosting is the biggest problem, it is quite rare and in my opinion there is no malice behind it, the booster just wants to quickly get the game over with and move on. Boosting is simply selling a service for which there is a demand, I'd imagine if climbing felt more like working towards a goal as opposed to an exercise in keyboard snapping frustration boosting wouldn't be as much of a problem. > > Smurfing is another story entirely however, people really only create smurfs for one reason: to beat up on less skilled players. I can't understand why Riot tolerates smurf accounts, you have players in gold or plat who decide that instead of getting better to climb higher they will just create a smurf and beat up on new players. Finally after turning dozens of new players away from league because their first foray into PvP was a grey screen simulator the smurf finally gets tired and quits league entirely. > > I can't understand why Riot tolerates people beating up on rookies and driving away new players but letting a bronze player get boosted to silver is so unforgivable that Riot spends countless man hours trying to stop it. Boosting is a far larger issue than smurfing. With boosting, whoever then owns that account: - Continually sits on that account simply to gain access to ranked rewards post-season (best-case scenario but also most unlikely, what's the point of having thicc Victorious skins if they're never used?) (also I don't know if there's rank decay in this game, I'm not as familiar with LoL ranked system as I am for OW and CSGO) - Then loses consistently throughout a number of games and ends up being a burden in ranked games due to the inflated rank he/she doesn't deserve and eventually ends back up where they deserve to be anyway - Intentionally goes to a high rank in order to troll massively in what is more likely to be higher stakes for ranked matches - Very rarely, boosted account just does well simply because they may have had trouble getting out of MMR hell (unlikely, as 95% of the time, ELO hell doesn't exist in *any* game, whether it be OW or CS) Also, smurf accounts aren't made for the sheer reason to take a dump on less experienced players. - In Overwatch, I use a friend's unused account as an alternate to practice Genji. I'm not that good with Genji, and besides, the account's at a rank where I previously had trouble digging myself out of anyway (although that might say more about my previous skill level than it does about my skill with Genji). It's also useful for playing with less experienced friends.
: I will surprise you, but do you know what is the best way to ignore somebody? To actually ignore him, not writing him anything ;) Hope your finger doesn't hurt from pressing those buttons m8 :)
> [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Lx7nAidk,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-01-25T01:45:07.024+0000) > > I will surprise you, but do you know what is the best way to ignore somebody? > To actually ignore him, not writing him anything ;) > > Hope your finger doesn't hurt from pressing those buttons m8 :) Some of us have a sense of pride that gets pricked every time low-lifes intentionally mess with us. Seems like it's a sense of pride you don't have, since you're lowering yourself to writing unhelpful troll replies on this forum.
: Toxicity would honestly curb itself if Riot showed that people who intentionally trolled other people's games (troll picks, double jungling nonsense, etc) without teammate's consent actually yielded some sort of punishment. When you hold one element of toxicity higher than the rest, the one that "doesn't matter" is bound to be exploited, inciting the former out of most players. To be clear, I believe it is equally damaging to a game to be 0-15-0 and nice than it is to be 15-0-15 and a jerk.
> [{quoted}](name=Leona Helmsley,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=03xdAwIM,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-01-24T01:07:14.796+0000) > > Toxicity would honestly curb itself if Riot showed that people who intentionally trolled other people's games (troll picks, double jungling nonsense, etc) without teammate's consent actually yielded some sort of punishment. > > When you hold one element of toxicity higher than the rest, the one that "doesn't matter" is bound to be exploited, inciting the former out of most players. > > To be clear, I believe it is equally damaging to a game to be 0-15-0 and nice than it is to be 15-0-15 and a jerk. That's actually a really good point. Maybe your reasoning explains how "soft trolling" (i.e. that which isn't blatantly obvious to the IFS) is so much more rampant than blatant slurs.
: WORST COMPANY AND COMMUNITY
I'd be a hypocrite for telling you to calm down when someone acts toxic towards you, as I've historically had trouble with that myself, but seeing this is your third account banned, I don't feel sympathy for you. I'll probably be castigated for this, but I take a relatively sympathetic/empathetic stance to many of the people on this particular board. Honestly, the fact that you don't deserve even my sympathy speaks volumes about your toxicity. If you will retaliate, retaliate. I won't stop you. But do it in a civil manner that isn't toxic. And keep it short if possible. They say the number four in Chinese is a homophone for death or something. Hopefully your fourth account signals the death of your toxic pattern of behavior.
: >But I feel like you're insinuating that I, myself, have complained my own previous ban was unjustified. Nowhere did I say that. If that wasn't your intention, my apologies. No, I wasn't, my usages of "you" were in every instance directed at our hypothetical banned player, not you the person reading. I should have been clearer on that. >But if their story is so easy to unravel, why post in the first place? Like I said - people think that this game is like every other game where you're free to be the biggest shitheel you can possibly imagine with no consequence. They think their ban is a mistake, so they come to the boards to try to convince Riot or community members otherwise. Then, they read around for a moment, figure out that the fuckup is on them, and either post anyways with excuses (very common) or edited chatlogs (less common, and then we get to see Tantram swing by with the full logs - funny they usually don't bother replying after that). I have no qualms about saying League is the only game with a somewhat functioning player behavior system, but I'm not sure if that's damning with faint praise on Riot's part or incredibly damning on the rest of multiplayer games that aren't targeted at small children. (from this point forward, "you" means the person controlling the "A Cynical Asian" account) >You can argue all you want about me having bias, and yeah, of course I do. But don't pretend to be this magnanimous, outside observer when you're willing to sweepingly generalize me into this group of genuinely toxic individuals. Right. The thing about your story is that you say you got an instant 2 week vacation. There are only two things that cause those with regard to chat, being slurs and suicide encouragement. Given you didn't say what it was specifically, I can only guess, but In one thing we are different: You resorted to either racism or telling someone to end their lives over a video game, I have not, and neither has most of the player base. So I "sweep you into that group" based on nothing but your own reprehensible behavior. So kindly spare me the "projecting" lecture, and that goes double while you make thinly-disguised "but the IFS is so mean" posts while using every single banned player talking point while saying "but my ban was justified" out the other side of your mouth. It's utterly transparent. The moment I put a foot out of line far enough that I decide to advocate suicide or call people the N-bomb over a video game, you're more than welcome to call me the biggest hypocrite to ever live. Until then, blow it, and your barely-concealed insults, out your ear. >Why not consider your own bias? And what bias would that be? A player who doesn't want the chat here turned into the garbage fire that exists in most other games? Someone who thinks suicide and racism are not small matters? What perceived bias would you have me correct? >Again, you can complain about my bias all you want, but your consistent usage of words with negative connotations (hormonal teenagers) and stereotypes only shows that you're here to confirm your beliefs that there is no spectrum of toxicity. There's a spectrum alright, but you're the one who wound up on the upper echelons of it, said it was justified that you got banned as a result (good), and then wrote a tl;dr post about how unfair the system is. (????) Not gonna lie, you're sending mixed messages here. Further, consider that this game is rated T. Children with low self-control are likely a significant portion of the player base. >I'm intensely libertarian and have very, very strong First Amendment beliefs. Apparently those libertarian beliefs do not extend to what private companies choose to do on their private property? Otherwise why bring it up? >However, I believe it's more than fair to share my criticisms of it, and your insistence in summarily sweeping aside my own argument shows your own self-serving intentions as a virtue-signaler. Your criticisms are tired, shallow, and bring nothing new to the table that hasn't been spouted a thousand times on this board by someone who got a ban they rightfully had coming. As for your "thin skinned" "elitist" "projecting" "virtue signaler" rhetoric, I say the system, with the exception of being far too lenient and evadable, is damn near perfect.
>And what bias would that be? A player who doesn't want the chat here turned into the garbage fire that exists in most other games? Someone who thinks suicide and racism are not small matters? Other games with unmoderated text chat (mainly CSGO and OW, two games with playerbases that rival that of LoL's and also have popular appeal to younger players, and also games that I have experience with) don't have the problem with toxicity that LoL does in-game. Any toxicity that does pop-up is either stifiled quickly, or unlike LoL, players refuse to be toxic in the first place. On the other hand, LoL has a *culture* of toxicity. And with hundreds of hours in LoL, CS, and OW, it's more than fair for me to make a comparison. >So kindly spare me the "projecting" lecture, and that goes double while you make thinly-disguised "but the IFS is so mean" posts while using every single banned player talking point while saying "but my ban was justified" out the other side of your mouth. It's utterly transparent. The moment I put a foot out of line far enough that I decide to advocate suicide or call people the N-bomb over a video game, you're more than welcome to call me the biggest hypocrite to ever live. Until then, blow it, and your barely-concealed insults, out your ear. Barely concealed insults? If anything, you've been the one to ratchet up the ad hominem quickly. Your arguments are just as thinly-disguised "but isolated instances of toxicity are so bad" comments. You've thrown context out of the discussion just like every other player I've criticized on your side of the debate. Furthermore, have you considered the possibility of stepping out of your ideological cage and even considering the possibility that some of the "banned player talking points" are at all possibly valid instead of sweepingly referring to them disdainfully as such? Unlike you, I've avoided both in-game and on these forums in resorting to ad hominem. You don't have any valid criticisms besides calling my own criticisms transparent and shallow; way to go criticize shallowness with more ambiguous, vague statements. Until you can come up with a valid argument that doesn't consist of insinuating I'm one of those "hormone-fueled" teenagers you like to generalize punished players as, why don't you stick to staying inside your echo chamber? >And what bias would that be? A player who doesn't want the chat here turned into the garbage fire that exists in most other games? Someone who thinks suicide and racism are not small matters? What perceived bias would you have me correct? How about misconstruing my arguments towards leniency towards bad language as advocacy for the aforementioned toxic behavior? At this point, you're reaching for perceived shortcomings in my argument that fulfill your prejudices. Your logic or your reading comprehension barely reach juvenile levels. >Apparently those libertarian beliefs do not extend to what private companies choose to do on their private property? Otherwise why bring it up? I'll give you this one. Pointless context. It was meant to refer to my general point of view on offensive language in general. Not just in-game, I am highly against censorship. >There's a spectrum alright, but you're the one who wound up on the upper echelons of it, said it was justified that you got banned as a result (good), and then wrote a tl;dr post about how unfair the system is. (????) Not gonna lie, you're sending mixed messages here. Further, consider that this game is rated T. Children with low self-control are likely a significant portion of the player base. It's completely valid for someone to simultaneously accept one's punishment and still offer criticism on the method of punishment. Also, another instance of stereotypical insinuations implying I'm one of those children you like to talk so much about. >Your criticisms are tired, shallow, and bring nothing new to the table that hasn't been spouted a thousand times on this board by someone who got a ban they rightfully had coming. As for your "thin skinned" "elitist" "projecting" "virtue signaler" rhetoric, I say the system, with the exception of being far too lenient and evadable, is damn near perfect. Your claims are just as old, overused, and skin-deep as those that've been spouted countless times on this board by someone condescendingly responding to the multitudes of people on this board offering their criticisms of the IFS and the toxic culture of LoL in general. Quite frankly, at this point, I don't even know if you're here to offer an actual response without making yourself feel like a good boy. You've done nothing but characterize my criticisms as shallow (in essence, self-defeating, circumlocutory ad hominem) and write in a tone that's condescending and inflammatory. In fighting toxicity, you've responded in a toxic behavior; good job, I hope you feel proud of yourself. At this point, unless you truly give me valid reasons to reconsider my viewpoint or clarify convincingly that you did not mean to write condescendingly (in which case I will attempt to reread your post with a clearer mind to determine if my bias led me to misconstrue your writing style), I'm going to stop responding to any further comments you leave. To finish with a slightly more conciliatory note, I fully respect your ambitions to create a better gaming community with less toxicity, but I cannot reconcile that with the smug behavior you've shown and your inability to recognize that punished players have just as much of a right as "clean" players to offer their input regarding the system's measures to combat toxicity.
: Scripting Twitch+Lulu premades are terrorizing diamond+ soloQ again
Heh, get rekt by scripters, can't relate since I'm NA and can't reach Diamond-level skill anyway :') Jokes aside, that sounds horrible. How does scripting work anyway though? The godliest kiting known to mankind? Insanely quick ability inputs and combos and whatnot? Farming master?
: how did you transfer your account to JP? I thought JP wasn't included among the list of regions you can transfer to? (also what happened to that feature? can't seem to find it in the client anymore). Did they allow you to transfer your skins when you transferred your account from NA to JP the last time? Maybe it's because you told your teammates to open their eyes which could be seen as racial slur? XD
> [{quoted}](name=EssenceOfPoo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A9EHnwuc,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-01-22T11:26:29.991+0000) > > how did you transfer your account to JP? I thought JP wasn't included among the list of regions you can transfer to? (also what happened to that feature? can't seem to find it in the client anymore). Did they allow you to transfer your skins when you transferred your account from NA to JP the last time? > > Maybe it's because you told your teammates to open their eyes which could be seen as racial slur? XD OH MY GOD. I deadass laughed out loud. Good catch, lmao
: Season 5 or 6, I forget. A genuinely honest post how the clock was ticking down on the final day before season ended. He/she was on final promo game and needed one last win since there was no more time to do the necessary games again. Final half hour or something. They merely MENTIONED this in /all. They did not ASK for a win, the enemy simply, out of generosity, forfeited the match. So struck with kindness, they posted on the forums praising the community at large for having wholesome people to do something so selfless for a total stranger. It was immediately met with the worst reception you could think of. Hundreds of downvotes, flooded with toxic remarks as far as the eye could see, and just all-around a circus. Yet we have had posts in the past that try to JUSTIFY the abhorrent behaviour of some of League’s most disgusting individuals (and not just Tyler1) because they were, and I use the term loosely, “entertaining” on Twitch and YouTube. If a popularity contest dictates how much a significant amount of the vocal community reacts positively vs negatively, we cannot take it seriously in the absolute slightest.
> [{quoted}](name=MediocreAatroxNA,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=03xdAwIM,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-01-22T18:01:33.133+0000) > > Season 5 or 6, I forget. A genuinely honest post how the clock was ticking down on the final day before season ended. He/she was on final promo game and needed one last win since there was no more time to do the necessary games again. Final half hour or something. > > They merely MENTIONED this in /all. They did not ASK for a win, the enemy simply, out of generosity, forfeited the match. So struck with kindness, they posted on the forums praising the community at large for having wholesome people to do something so selfless for a total stranger. > > It was immediately met with the worst reception you could think of. Hundreds of downvotes, flooded with toxic remarks as far as the eye could see, and just all-around a circus. > > Yet we have had posts in the past that try to JUSTIFY the abhorrent behaviour of some of League’s most disgusting individuals (and not just Tyler1) because they were, and I use the term loosely, “entertaining” on Twitch and YouTube. > > If a popularity contest dictates how much a significant amount of the vocal community reacts positively vs negatively, we cannot take it seriously in the absolute slightest. Heh, I smell saltiness from people who lost their promos. Jokes aside, this seems to be a huge issue with LoL in particular. There's this weird mob mentality when it comes to enforcing player behavior, and I don't know where it stems and I'm not sure if I've ever seen it in other communities.
: Toxicity is probably the biggest problem this game has in regards to its surviveability. 'Game's too toxic' is the reason my friends leave gaming sessions about half the time. I wish the filters were more sensitive to plain-simple bad sportsmanship. Maybe after someone's been through a game spamming 'lol' and 'ez' and 'you're bronze' in allchat their chat could be turned off for a game? Without it adding a point for future punishment. So that repeat offenders learn to can it. Because no-one wants to be around that. And I have to disagree with voicechat. I've been into quite a number of random discords, just to see what they were like. Just as toxic but 50 times more awkward to deal with.
> I wish the filters were more sensitive to plain-simple bad sportsmanship. Maybe after someone's been through a game spamming 'lol' and 'ez' and 'you're bronze' in allchat their chat could be turned off for a game? Without it adding a point for future punishment. So that repeat offenders learn to can it. Because no-one wants to be around that. A system like that would be amazing, but this is probably some stuff from like, 2050. I feel like a system this sensitive would require machine learning or something, given the use of abbreviations, slang, and number of possible ways to say something toxic. Then again, bad sportsmanship seems to follow predictable patterns in the games I've seen, so perhaps this isn't too far off.
: Yes and yet anyone who tries to bring these things to light among the community will be told just how much they suck, how much they need to shut up and sit down because X item, X build, or They will use WIN/LOSE rate on a team game. People go on and on about how this is a team game, yet the moment you bring up that it is possible to lose a match because your mid laner fed them to 6v 30 because they didnt get their way....SUDDENLY, MAGICALLY its not a team game. Suddenly your win/lose rate is YOUR fault, your team played no part in it. And Yes rather than suggest "Hey that item doesnt really work, a better alternative would be >insert item<" No, instead you get the pleasure of hearing some adult-toddler who thinks they are the Best player EVAH on the game tell you "Damn you suck, You need to refund your skin and go die in a hole" and then they will jump to the other team "Hey, report our X for intentional feeding, thanks" and the sad thing is, this community is such a collection of Sheep that yeah, they usually will. Only ONCE did I see someone on the other team have the spine to actually say no. I was playing support and having a bad game. I was like 0/3 or something. Teemo starts flooding the other team with "Report the support for feeding" Someone on the other team said "Is Report the support teemo speak for "I'm a 1/8 teemo and need someone to blame to take the heat off myself" That is why usually when I am in a match, unless its Blatant and obvious, I dont report people for "feeding" because to me, there is a difference between INTENTIONAL FEEDING and Being OUTPLAYED (You played good, they played better. Suck it up and just deal with it). I will usually even tell them. "I see no feeding, you lost the match and so need someone to be the sacrificial lamb" because that is usualy the case They lost the match But they cant handle the bruised ego So of course, throw someone under the bus, throw someone as a sacrifice so the rest of the team can go back to patting themselves on the back and telling themselves how "perfect" of a player they are.
> That is why usually when I am in a match, unless its Blatant and obvious, I dont report people for &quot;feeding&quot; because to me, there is a difference between INTENTIONAL FEEDING and Being OUTPLAYED (You played good, they played better. Suck it up and just deal with it). I will usually even tell them. &quot;I see no feeding, you lost the match and so need someone to be the sacrificial lamb&quot; because that is usualy the case > They lost the match But they cant handle the bruised ego > So of course, throw someone under the bus, throw someone as a sacrifice so the rest of the team can go back to patting themselves on the back and telling themselves how &quot;perfect&quot; of a player they are. Agreed af. I have absolutely no patience for people who yell "Report <player> for inting". Have you never had a bad game yourself? It grinds my gears so much when I see this lack of empathy. If you've tried your best in a game but you failed, would you like someone breathing up *your* rear end telling you you're inting? Yeesh.
sangesland (EUNE)
: I have a nephew who's 13 years old now. He loves playing on his computer. But, I will NEVER recommend this game to him, despite how much I enjoy playing it myself. At least not til hes old/mature enough, ~18 years. The toxicity in this game is just shocking. 1 failed gank or death in lane and "I'm gonna F### your mom" "F### you noob. Learn to play idiot." etc etc etc. I report it every time. But last time I got a feedback that someone had been punished was over 2 months ago. And considering how it doesn't seem to be decreasing I take it my reports are worth 0, sadly enough. Because of the community I personally hate trying out new champions. Despite watching videos and reading guides on how to play that champion I will most likely underperform the first few games. And oh boy am I in for a shitstorm then. We all know what happens to a player who loses the lane 2/7. He gets flamed to hell and back and then reported for intentional feeding. I would love for riot to be WAY harder on the toxicity. Both by muting and banning. And I'd also love to have the tribunal back. Maybe only allow players whos account is X years old and with few toxicity flags/reports. Or allow them to function as a GM of sorts (like in WoW).
> [{quoted}](name=sangesland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=03xdAwIM,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-01-22T12:25:53.805+0000) > > I have a nephew who&#x27;s 13 years old now. He loves playing on his computer. > But, I will NEVER recommend this game to him, despite how much I enjoy playing it myself. > At least not til hes old/mature enough, ~18 years. > > The toxicity in this game is just shocking. > 1 failed gank or death in lane and &quot;I&#x27;m gonna F### your mom&quot; &quot;F### you noob. Learn to play idiot.&quot; etc etc etc. > I report it every time. But last time I got a feedback that someone had been punished was over 2 months ago. > And considering how it doesn&#x27;t seem to be decreasing I take it my reports are worth 0, sadly enough. > > Because of the community I personally hate trying out new champions. Despite watching videos and reading guides on how to play that champion I will most likely underperform the first few games. And oh boy am I in for a shitstorm then. > We all know what happens to a player who loses the lane 2/7. > He gets flamed to hell and back and then reported for intentional feeding. > > I would love for riot to be WAY harder on the toxicity. Both by muting and banning. > And I&#x27;d also love to have the tribunal back. Maybe only allow players whos account is X years old and with few toxicity flags/reports. > Or allow them to function as a GM of sorts (like in WoW). I feel you. Nothing wrong with your statement here at all, I have no clue why you'd be downvoted. For clarification, do you mean a Tribunal as in, cases involving players with long histories and RP spent should be handled separately in a Tribunal-like system? Or as in, this new Tribunal system itself should have none but the best of the best pillars of the community as judges? Then again, both of my interpretations here sound great to me.
: If the player is giving FEEDBACK, and gets reported for it, There should be NO punishment. You punish players for trying to actually help each other and you really CAN stop calling this a team game. As long as someone isnt being rude about it, you shouldnt be punished for telling someone something they dont want to hear. EVERY player on this game seems to think they are perfect, any player who offers feedback in game (As you said with the "why fight there" example) is seen as offensive "How DARE YOU tell ME I am flawed!" Everyone thinks they make no mistakes. So again, it doesnt matter how badly a player wants to imagine they are perfect and flawless, an LCS world champ just waiting for thier contract in the mail. Players shouldnt be punished for providing Constructive criticism, as these players often dont want to hear it (as It bursts their bubble of how "OP" they think they are)
> [{quoted}](name=HavokDash,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=03xdAwIM,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-01-22T12:16:49.785+0000) > > If the player is giving FEEDBACK, and gets reported for it, There should be NO punishment. You punish players for trying to actually help each other and you really CAN stop calling this a team game. As long as someone isnt being rude about it, you shouldnt be punished for telling someone something they dont want to hear. > > EVERY player on this game seems to think they are perfect, any player who offers feedback in game (As you said with the &quot;why fight there&quot; example) is seen as offensive &quot;How DARE YOU tell ME I am flawed!&quot; > Everyone thinks they make no mistakes. So again, it doesnt matter how badly a player wants to imagine they are perfect and flawless, an LCS world champ just waiting for thier contract in the mail. Players shouldnt be punished for providing Constructive criticism, as these players often dont want to hear it (as It bursts their bubble of how &quot;OP&quot; they think they are) This, by itself, sounds great. I'll qualify your statement here. In my humble opinion, I feel like consistent criticism could be construed as toxicity and backseat driving. At one point, you gotta just let it go. They might already be frustrated and hopelessly behind (what looks like a sure kill time and time again can go wrong if the enemy player is sufficiently fed). I personally avoid providing criticism myself because it might make me look overly authoritative in chat. And I've had a couple bad games myself, especially on champs I main. I won't lie, it gets really really annoying to have people imply you're bad at your own main in team chat. I agree with you, as long as you keep criticism to a reasonable amount and consider the issue from the other player's point of view.
: Agreed. The instant feedback system seems to have significant problems which are negatively impacting reasonable players. Seems like there are simple changes they could make to improve the system. For example, for instances where one player is consistently giving feedback to the team ("why fight there? You should fight under tower!" etc) and is reported for it, a short ban can be applied. Any permanent bans for chat functions should be reserved for horrible language (racial slurs, hate speech, etc). And should always be subject to review, especially when accounts have purchased RP.
> [{quoted}](name=Sweet Sayonara,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=03xdAwIM,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-01-22T11:42:41.222+0000) > > Agreed. The instant feedback system seems to have significant problems which are negatively impacting reasonable players. Seems like there are simple changes they could make to improve the system. For example, for instances where one player is consistently giving feedback to the team (&quot;why fight there? You should fight under tower!&quot; etc) and is reported for it, a short ban can be applied. Any permanent bans for chat functions should be reserved for horrible language (racial slurs, hate speech, etc). And should always be subject to review, especially when accounts have purchased RP. Yeah, I remember seeing your own thread. You played in JP right? Again, I feel like *perhaps* the caps did it for you, but again, that was nowhere near reasonable ban material.
: > LoL has earned its well-deserved reputation as one of the, if not the most, toxic gaming communities out there Someone didn't play on the original XBOX Live service... {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
> [{quoted}](name=Triistana,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=03xdAwIM,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-22T11:32:08.108+0000) > > Someone didn&#x27;t play on the original XBOX Live service... > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} Oof, I started playing the Xbox 360 Live service around 2013, and that was already pretty bad. Ahaahah, I was really really toxic in my teenage years myself. If that was bad, I can't even imagine the cancerous depths of the early 2000s and the OG XBL service.
: > [{quoted}](name=A Cynical Asian,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=03xdAwIM,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-01-22T10:16:33.074+0000) > > So, I've read some of the posts on the Player Behavior forum. And it seems to be the same pattern every time I read posts. > > You want to discuss toxicity on these forums? It seems there's a condescending undercurrent among some of those who reply to other posts on this board. Confirmation bias is really bad. You got banned for toxic in-game chat? Too bad, too sad, you deserve it 100%. More like 99.9999%. The truth of the matter is, most of the posts here are complaining about their (completely justified) and they think they'll be able to wheedle either the community into agreeing with them or Riot into undoing it. It's funny, someone's chatlog will show them acting like the worst AOL troll circa 1993, and then they come here and suddenly the good english and manners come out in stark contrast to the chatlog. I mean damn, if you'd talked like that all game, you wouldn't be making a "i got banned" thread. **Most bans _are_ justified.** 8 years of good behavior can and should be able to be thrown away by a single instance of telling someone else to kill themselves over a video game. Good behavior and honor is the baseline expectation, not some above and beyond thing. > - I can't even tell anymore if the community just lacks thick skin, Yup, there it is, excuse #3,297 on the big list of "reasons why this ban is bullshit rito pls". Surely this has never been said by anyone in a ban thread. At the end of the day, _most people_ can manage the herculean task of not telling other people to kill themselves over a video game. Those that can't are both a minority, and a problem that needs solving. If anything, I submit that Riot is entirely too lenient, giving people who have no real desire to change their behavior no less than 4 chances to do so before finally telling them that their shitty behavior is no longer welcome here. >Especially those of us who were unfortunate enough to get a two-week ban are walking on 1 millimeter tightropes. Fortune doesn't factor into it. Your behavior does. Your actions, not the roll of a dice. I don't mean to make this personal, but this speaks to a fundamental problem in your understanding. If you got banned for your chat, you weren't "unlucky" or "unfortunate". Your willful behavior, hitting enter, striking keys, hitting enter again, was done in an unacceptable way. Riot doesn't care if you pound the wall, your desk, yell every obscenity known to man out loud in your stream. What they do care about is subjecting everyone else to that garbage. You (collective) have plenty of outlets for your rage, yet you (collectively) choose the one that makes the game shittier to play and is most likely to get you in trouble. Why on earth would you (collectively) make that decision?! It's lack of maturity and self control. There is no other option. Too many hormonal teenagers (mentally or physically) who have been taught by other games that there is no recourse for telling someone else how badly they did their mom last night. Too many communities where telling other people to kill themselves or making threats is just handwaved as "kids being kids" or "not a big deal" or worse, "normal". Too many people who were never raised to understand that you treat people with a modicum of respect by default, even if it is "just a game". This isn't one of those other communities. The only reason there's so much angst here is because those behavioral standards are enforced. #It's not acceptable, there are standards here, they will be enforced, and no amount of demeaning the community as "elitist" or "thin skinned" is going to change that. Comments like these reveal your bias. Hell, the fact that you think it's about being "thin skinned" rather than "sportsmanship" shows a complete disconnect in your beliefs vs what the IFS actually sets out to do. >Newer players are misled by promises of diverse gameplay (the 450 BE selection of champions is stagnant, the weekly rotation somewhat helps but encourages unrefined gameplay without ever giving newer players a chance to truly master a champion they find fun) This is largely ameliorated by the new BE system. As someone climbs levels, they will be getting enough BE and shards to unlock a a few champions that they encountered in rotation.
> [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=03xdAwIM,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-01-22T19:49:22.085+0000) > > More like 99.9999%. The truth of the matter is, most of the posts here are complaining about their (completely justified) and they think they&#x27;ll be able to wheedle either the community into agreeing with them or Riot into undoing it. It&#x27;s funny, someone&#x27;s chatlog will show them acting like the worst AOL troll circa 1993, and then they come here and suddenly the good english and manners come out in stark contrast to the chatlog. > > I mean damn, if you&#x27;d talked like that all game, you wouldn&#x27;t be making a &quot;i got banned&quot; thread. I don't know if I'm being overly paranoid here; I'm sorry, I really just can't trust this community when it comes to honest discussions of toxicity. But I feel like you're insinuating that I, myself, have complained my own previous ban was unjustified. Nowhere did I say that. If that wasn't your intention, my apologies. > **Most bans _are_ justified.** 8 years of good behavior can and should be able to be thrown away by a single instance of telling someone else to kill themselves over a video game. Good behavior and honor is the baseline expectation, not some above and beyond thing. It probably is just response bias, but from the number of times I've scrolled through this forum, a lot of bans are very, very unfortunate. I personally think I didn't deserve a two-week ban for what I did (but I'll take the punishment, it was wrong in the end, as I've said before), but I've seen people do far less than me and report being banned. Of course, it's completely plausible that these people are lying. But if their story is so easy to unravel, why post in the first place? Quite frankly, I'd prefer to believe that these people aren't that deluded. To me, this means one of two things: either this community has a large population of delusional people trying to keep their genuinely toxic accounts, or the IFS is overhanded. > Yup, there it is, excuse #3,297 on the big list of &quot;reasons why this ban is bullshit rito pls&quot;. Surely this has never been said by anyone in a ban thread. You can argue all you want about me having bias, and yeah, of course I do. But don't pretend to be this magnanimous, outside observer when you're willing to sweepingly generalize me into this group of genuinely toxic individuals. Why not consider your own bias? Also, sorry to be this blunt, but learn to read. At no point did I argue that my ban was unjustified. This is merely an observation about the general state of the community. Perhaps you're projecting. > At the end of the day, _most people_ can manage the herculean task of not telling other people to kill themselves over a video game. Those that can&#x27;t are both a minority, and a problem that needs solving. If anything, I submit that Riot is entirely too lenient, giving people who have no real desire to change their behavior no less than 4 chances to do so before finally telling them that their shitty behavior is no longer welcome here. > > Fortune doesn&#x27;t factor into it. Your behavior does. Your actions, not the roll of a dice. I don&#x27;t mean to make this personal, but this speaks to a fundamental problem in your understanding. If you got banned for your chat, you weren&#x27;t &quot;unlucky&quot; or &quot;unfortunate&quot;. Your willful behavior, hitting enter, striking keys, hitting enter again, was done in an unacceptable way. Riot doesn&#x27;t care if you pound the wall, your desk, yell every obscenity known to man out loud in your stream. What they do care about is subjecting everyone else to that garbage. You (collective) have plenty of outlets for your rage, yet you (collectively) choose the one that makes the game shittier to play and is most likely to get you in trouble. Why on earth would you (collectively) make that decision?! > > It&#x27;s lack of maturity and self control. There is no other option. Too many hormonal teenagers (mentally or physically) who have been taught by other games that there is no recourse for telling someone else how badly they did their mom last night. Too many communities where telling other people to kill themselves or making threats is just handwaved as &quot;kids being kids&quot; or &quot;not a big deal&quot; or worse, &quot;normal&quot;. Too many people who were never raised to understand that you treat people with a modicum of respect by default, even if it is &quot;just a game&quot;. Again, you can complain about my bias all you want, but your consistent usage of words with negative connotations (hormonal teenagers) and stereotypes only shows that you're here to confirm your beliefs that there is no spectrum of toxicity. > This isn&#x27;t one of those other communities. The only reason there&#x27;s so much angst here is because those behavioral standards are enforced. > #It&#x27;s not acceptable, there are standards here, they will be enforced, and no amount of demeaning the community as &quot;elitist&quot; or &quot;thin skinned&quot; is going to change that. > > Comments like these reveal your bias. Hell, the fact that you think it&#x27;s about being &quot;thin skinned&quot; rather than &quot;sportsmanship&quot; shows a complete disconnect in your beliefs vs what the IFS actually sets out to do. I'm intensely libertarian and have very, very strong First Amendment beliefs. Thus, I'd personally avoid ALL filters and handle toxicity on a case-by-case basis much like CSGO's Overwatch system or the old Tribunal system. But I understand this isn't Riot's goal. I merely want to turn the dial down. In all replies, I've seen your own bias shine the entire time, consistently misconstruing my beliefs and warping them to fit your own narrative of toxic people whining about not having the privilege of being toxic. This is NOT what I'm looking for. In fact, I do think the IFS for the most part serves as a net positive for the community. However, I believe it's more than fair to share my criticisms of it, and your insistence in summarily sweeping aside my own argument shows your own self-serving intentions as a virtue-signaler. > This is largely ameliorated by the new BE system. As someone climbs levels, they will be getting enough BE and shards to unlock a a few champions that they encountered in rotation. Perhaps this is just my old IP-hoarding habits carrying over. I also don't know the exact specifics of the BE system (i.e. does it treat newer and older players differently, etc.). Good point, sparse as it may be.
: Diary Submission from a former toxic player (Posted from my Perma-banned Account) *Long Post*
The problem is, your pattern of behavior was severely consistent. My biggest problem lies in the Instant Feedback system's potential to automatically, with no human intervention, permaban for relatively isolated, one-off incidents. Good on you, I guess. I won't lie though. A few mistakes, and you have my sympathy. Being not tilted isn't that easy. But you've been so toxic for so long in the past. I can only wish you luck on your newfound path in being a positive member of the community with your latest account.
Show more

A Cynical Asian

Level 55 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion