: why does baron do a shit ton of damage if your behind him?
Baron does more damage when you're behind it because that is the safest spot to defend Baron from contest. So it's a deterrent to be in the safest spot...Also it points out the strength of red side vs blue side. If the whole team is behind Baron, how can the other side of the map contest as easily Vs the other side of the map where Dragon is.
: Ohmwrecker ideas
I honestly Love this idea. Only sad part is everyone you play with is new and is like What the Fuck is your build. ESPECIALLY, if the game doesn't go well. I think the item could be buffed a bit or at least cost less. I do wish more ADC's were better. Since if you go in and even ping the item, 70-80% will be skiddish and not understand that you have just won them the game with the tower dive. I just wish people had more game sense. That item is lane prio, but still is useful with certain power spikes
: Autofill supports
I don't know how rational making a new queue would be because the majority, if not all people would rather queue up for what they picked. One example I think hits home with everyone is that if you ever play with the same people and everyone is like I only play top, Mid, or jungle or blah, then it's fair to say that other people want to try those roles. For someone to always get a certain role, especially when you play with multiple people, doesn't seem to give anyone any understanding other then their lane. A side note though. I do agree that games tend to feel awful when someone doesn't know the role, but who's fault is it really. Is it the games, or a person's game knowledge.
: Disgusting Shen Build / Super-Shen
What lane do you play this shen?
: Its Kayles only chance against fiora early. Vitals trigger when fiora damages the enemy from the direction. **Damages**. You dont damage an immune target. As to the nullify vs cancels.... Cancel means it flat out ends. Cancelling her ult would mean the vitals all dissapear. Nullifying means that it has 0 effect. But still occurs.
I don't think your point is wrong or bad but an ulti that has a time limit should at least be able to heal you. because you can always choose to save that last vital until the ulti ends. Also Kayle is much stronger then fiora early. lvl 1 you could take advantage of Kayle...even level 2 or 3 depending how you manage you lane control, but Kayle is actually stronger then people think. you can be immune to damage and still be hit. you can also be immune to damage and have people heal off you. honestly, it seems to be a lazy animation fix. Kinda like Fiora vs garen. It is pretty hard to see the vitals on Garen when he spins, especially dependant on the skin choice you use!
: nullifies.
I'm not trying to be rude but look, Nullify literally means to cancel out. you can look it up for yourself. lets just hope the Dev's fix this gameplay issue. Otherwise I'm banning kayle every game
: Pretty sure the ult doesnt cancel, she just makes vital procs immune till the end of her ult.
Pretty sure that means to cancel though. If they're not available, then what would you call it?
Rioter Comments
CriStyLe (EUNE)
: I hate nasus so much
Who do you play top lane?
Rioter Comments
Heckster (NA)
: Reconnect to game win = lose LP
I feel like this is a punishment to Higher elo players. Some people I know say they get fed and then if someone pisses them off they just leave the game and act like they don't care. Me thinking to myself you cared about getting to Diamond LOL. So in all honesty I feel there is a higher % of people not affected by this mindset and It should change. Happened to me a couple times and usually in important games that would move into promos
Anatera (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mortismo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sAZl7Xqn,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-28T18:13:21.512+0000) > > your connection your responsibility Shut the hell up, this didn't happen in previous seasons, you dickhead.
Yo finally someone with a mind comments. Godbless you
: > [{quoted}](name=A i Bot 0,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eJOEE3Tf,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-27T12:24:23.436+0000) > > Pantheon is a scaling champ now IMO. Maybe people haven't learned how to play him yet...I'm trying him top lane thats the problem,he is not a scaling champion,his early game is weak and his late game is also weak because he does not have that much damage,any toplaner you can think of performs better than him
I just feel like maybe people fight at weak points thinking they should try and match them. Panth is like old irelia
Kai Guy (NA)
: Trying to walk my talk.
Supports can climb depending on what boots they buy...if you buy Mobi's and sit in lane, You're trolling. Gotta buy boots for how you play. I think Mobi's is a good buy for support especially if you are healthy enough to do plays and not die
: Honestly I don't want this because people need to get better at pinging and this is practice. Theres so many times your doing somethign where you can't scan the map like a fight, your ally is spam pinging omw then when the fight is over you see him only half way through the river. Rule of thumb, if you wont be there in the next 2 seconds, don't ping.
Your example of not wanting this is perfect... For my example that Imagine pinging and knowing they are in range. Like Imagine if Pings could give you distance away. Hell maybe even a small timer. That's prolly not going to happen but just think about that. People on their way could give a real clue on how far they are. That's exactly what his ult could be.
: Masters+
What runes and Starting item do you run...Hopefully you are smart enough to not take Corr pot
: The reason he isn't played in high elo is because: - Old Pantheon had a high impact early game, whether top, mid or jungle. Not many could withstand the Q spam or go for trades with him (melees i mean). - Jungle Pantheon specifically had a scary early since at any point he could walk into lane with his really high base MS and click target stun you. - New Pantheon doesn't really seem to have a strong point. I'd say his level 1 is his strongest due to Mortal Will with his Q. After that his other spells just have way too long of cooldowns while not outputting burst appropriate for those long cooldowns or having the means to survive the wait. - Not only does he not have his crazy early anymore, but he also doesn't scale that well either. Don't get me wrong, he scales decently, but even compared to "early game lane bullies" such as Renekton or Rengar he just gets hard outscaled. - Q spam is considerably less efficient in the early game. This is better for game health imo, but for Pantheon's viability it's a killer since he didn't really get anything to replace that early power.
Panth is strong...People should take a closer look at their runes and starting items
: > [{quoted}](name=A i Bot 0,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eJOEE3Tf,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-27T13:11:46.177+0000) > > What Runes for top lane did you see as the best? PTA, conq, even HOB. Items bruiser, assassin, or hybrid. But none of these choices matter, as even with 13/0/8 kda lead and stomping their lanes, these challengers struggle to carry because pantheon doesnt scale enough at THEIR ELO, and from that point, they just pray to get carried. Seems panth suffers from identity crisis. Anything panth top does, any other top does it better. Support looks strong but for the wrong reasons. Riot said they wouldnt be "satisfied" if pantheon ended as support. I don't care much personnally, i'm trash player, so it doesnt matter at my level, i'm enjoying panth. I can play pantheon any role and probably make it work, because my opponents are likely to do as much mistakes as me :D I was pointing out that panth seems to be very unsuccessful at higher elos.
gotcha. Makes sense
: > [{quoted}](name=A i Bot 0,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9Ipr3d2T,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-27T13:18:36.965+0000) > > What do you mean before? I've never seen it display it. Also you just posted something in the RIP Pantheon asking for what I'm asking for Hello, The pre rework pantheon, when you pressed ult, it displayed a blue circle for your allies, giving them 3-4 seconds to prepare. Then as pantheon takes off, it would display red circle to opposing team. Also pinging your R displayed who was in range. New pantheon, it seems nothing is displayed for your allies, so its quite difficult to setup ganks. Nowadays, i tell my teammates that if i start spamming OMW, its my ult. Works ok.
oh I gotcha...Didn't think about the pre rework
: Before you could do that, and it also displayed 2 seconds earlier for your allies. It is only displayed for ennemy team now. R is just inting ult.
What do you mean before? I've never seen it display it. Also you just posted something in the RIP Pantheon asking for what I'm asking for
: Successful rework, make otp quit the game. It seems the problem is for these challenger players, that pantheon, whatever the build, or runes, falls wayyyy too hard of a cliff past level 13 at their elo. Laning phase is ok. But after that; he is litterally useless even with a big leads on kills because he scales so poorly. They feel he has no lategame whatsoever. E is invincible but it does no damage. Any mobile champ, or semi decent team will just chest tank e, wait it out or outmanoeuver him. (Personnally, i like e not doing damage and being a real shield) Q tap crit is a good change, there is no incentive to throw charged q with the increased cooldown. Now make R display for allies as well plz, like before, so panth can setup ganks in solo queue. Spam pinging on my way is a bit unclear at times. The good thing is that adjusting him is more in the numbers, the kit itself is neat. He need a slightly better scaling, not to be overpowered. There is hope.
What Runes for top lane did you see as the best?
: RIP Pantheon mains
Pantheon is a scaling champ now IMO. Maybe people haven't learned how to play him yet...I'm trying him top lane
Jesi Oni (EUNE)
: Or maybe dont ping if you are not in range...
True, but I think it's important for faster play
: So like genuine question for Jungle
You might try changing your route to hit lvl 3 faster to impact your lanes sooner. Try starting w/e bot side buff first, Example( blue side is botside. You start blue then do small wolves, Leave big wolf. Go to raptors and do red, then gank)...Yourr timing should be really fast and may help get you an unexpected gank. Basically reverse this clear if your botside is redbuff
Rioter Comments
: thats because kayle procs klepto much more consistently then ezreal, as most of her matchups are vs. melee champions which skews the numbers slightly. but if you pit her against niche matchups like kennen, teemo, or neeko, she procs it much much less then your OP actually seems to imply.
did you say she gets that much gold because she procts kelpto..No she literally gets bags of gold constantly through lane because of Riot's Coding giving her more Rng for it. Also her abilites proct it so much...and I do not think she procts it more then ez...that's very doubtful considering it's the aa that gets the proct. Another thing you aren't thinking about what I posted . She literally get 700 plus gold before 10 minutes from klepto. THAT IS BROKEN AF!!!
Rioter Comments
mack9112 (NA)
: But the mmr system is placing them correctly and if you continue to play well the system will allow you to skip particular ranks. Your mmr can rise and fall rather quickly depending on game by game scenarios as the matchmaking system tries to adjust as quickly as possible to create even games. If you allowed for your rank to jump back and forth as fast as your mmr did all value of the rank system would be lost.
Did you say the Value of the ranked system would be lost if you jumped in the division that your mmr is in that would actually mean the ranked system is working!?
mack9112 (NA)
: Your own matchmaking shows that the silver players are performing just as good as you or Even better why should they not be in your matches ? Mmr is a real thing and it surpasses division rank
that's not what I asked you.
: The reason most people are stuck in silver/gold
Wow people are really on here writing stories lol...Yet don't get the concept of the argument posted. They even look at the stats as if games are won off stats. AND LITERALLY All the posts here talk about stats. I can't even believe people will downvote a post like this
mack9112 (NA)
: I am explaining that your mmr directly relates to who you are matched to and not your division rank. And both of our play historys show that the silver players who do play in our gold matches deserve to be there.
So you think silver 3 should be in a Gold 2 game. You also think it's my MMR as if I'm the only one in the game, as if you really understand anything about how match making is. You are throwing the same lines you're thrown. Do you even think for yourself
: YASUO BROKEN
He may have been strong that game, but he is one of the lowest winrate champs according to LoL. Also Waveclear lets yasuo do pretty much nothing. Best thing he can do is ward enemy jungle and possibly fight. Quick question do you know any other champion that has to rush boots to be viable, so boots shiv and IE. That's pretty costly. plus he's a melee champ that can push, which makes him easy ganks. You probably don't know when to wave clear yourself or when to trade. Depending on who you pick and how you position yourself makes all the difference. yet if you laned vs Irelia, Akali, Kat, fizz, Talon, Zed, blah blah. How can you reasonably take anything from yasuo
: How do I get out of bronze?
Play Fiora with grasp Demolition bone plate and overgrowth. I take Dmination tree 2nd, with taste of blood and Ravenous. I'm sure you're thinking sorcery tree for the movespeed on the ult, but that's not really good with grasp and this rune page isn't ult reliant, Far better IMO. Then just look up a build guide. Get you Tiamat when you feel like you want/can just push into your lane opponent. If you get good with frioa, I think her kit will help get you back up the ladder. She is also not really banned ever
mack9112 (NA)
: If you play every game with the perception that every teammate I have is trash and they have to listen to me because I am superior then I don’t know what to say other then fix the attitude and you will have a far better winrate. You have to stop and think for a second that you are being matched with silvers for a reason. Look at my last ranked match my team was myself a gold 2 silvers and an unranked vs 4 golds and a plat ... we crushed them.
Man you're just trying to sound spiteful now. I don't go around as if I am superior to anyone. but more often then not the fight that I try to get my team to come to is successful if they all come at the point. to your point of matched with silver dude. If i'm going for gold 2, that means I'm WINNING! You have one memorable game that your pulling out of nowhere acting as if the silvers did anything. You should stop an think about how you just like to argue and not see the point I'm making. Do you even understand what I'm saying. Can you read at a decent level and understand arguments. I can't tell, but from what you're saying, it doesn't seem like it. You just seem like an undercover riot employee trying to convince me that Silver 3 players should be in gold 2 games
mack9112 (NA)
: Your argument is that in your ranked games the gold players have to carry the silver players that are matched in there games. In your last 20 matches three of them are ranked and in those 3 matches all but one silver player performs above or equal to the gold players in that match. It shows that mmr matching is working as intended irregardless of the division rank.
No it isn't...It's just showing you that mmr system is actually broken. Literally, word for word, what you said has no meaning to what I stated. ok cool they didn't do poorly on paper, but you're not in the game telling these rugrats what to do because they are playing foolishly. Also most of those games I am the reason they did well. CLosing Games out is very hard for people to do. That's why people can't climb Mystery for you solved. Whether you feed in lane, you can be absolutely useful and win the game, but people have to listen(Participate)
: Gold ISN'T that much above silver any more. They changed up ranks, meaning they have different values than they did in the past. Not only have they added in Iron, they dropped to 4 divisions in each rank. That means a Silver 1 or 2 player is much closer in skill to a Gold 4 or 3 player than in the past.
I think you aren't considering the massive pool in silver 2 and 1 to gold 4. Like I'm competing for gold 2 There should never be a silver 3 in my game...Do you know how many games and people there are that are playing. just from population size that should be enough. ALso now this is the kicker just because you're beating silvers, what makes you think you should have to try and beat gold 3 and gold 2's...you need to do the time and rank up into gold to do that
mack9112 (NA)
: I mean in your 3 ranked games from your last 20 matches the silvers players in those matches played pretty well indicating there mmr is simply enough to play with golds ...
Literally everyone who sees your post is now dumber
Kai Guy (NA)
: Oh, on this we are Agreed mostly. It can be fringe if some ones attempting to minipulate the system, Like I once wanted to make a Bronze account and then dodge as needed to fail every promo so that my MMR always grew but my LP became static. I though it would be hilarious to see folks lose their shit when that account hit their games. Riots got a system in place for LP catchup to MMR sadly so I never bothered. (edit. I also don't like smurfing. Huzza pub stomping, an old gamer tradition of toxicity.) The reasons for this are likely related to a few things. Duoing is an easy culprit to see. Check op.gg. Look for if theres a duo W high gap. When yes... theres your problem. Far as other situations. To the best of my knowlage you can find issues from the following. Making games to fast by having range widen is an issue, you need a tight range in MMR to keep accounts into fair ranges. Having K factor be to high early on flucates players into and out of ranges to fast. Riot can do this and get away with it because LP system, so rubber banding accounts for the first 10-50 games is a potential way to reduce the overall # of matches but does cause chaos for the matches. You can compensate players by treating a high K factor gap similar to a placement game where you reduce MMR risk on accounts with low uncertainty because of a high uncertainty teammate. But this is behind the curtains and makes 0 impact on the quality of the match + it wont deal with player perception especially if its a hidden bit of the system. Starting MMR values and LP out of placements are not accurate to each other. (this year riot did not let your Tier drop after earning one off a placement game so you could sink in your MMR pretty far but have a higher Tier.) Main thing i want folks to walk away with is that Duoing is the simplest thing to instantly address. Make it off MMR ranges. This will remove a very common very frequent negative impact on matchmaker.
good words...I just hope it stays more abnormal then common as it is now. so my mind is like who do I even play anymore lol
Kai Guy (NA)
: If riot wanted more people out of silver into gold then they have options already available. 1 be able to just shift starting MMR for new accounts to be say silver 1. All newbies and weak players will now boost up more folks as they sink down. Smurfs will get above and away from eating up MMR for low and mid silver unless they actively try to lose games to slow their climbs. 2 Manipulate the ladder during a soft reset because they chose the values accounts get rounded too. 3 1 sided Slant MMR to favor a Tier. Any one under that tier has higher MMR gains then losses 100% of games. Artificially pushes accounts up. This impacts MM negatively by creating higher uncertainty IMO so I don't recommend it 4 They set what MMR each Tier is expected to represent, just lower that.
that's a fair opinion but what's really happening in games are different gold 2 and 3 shouldn't have silver 2 and silver 3 in their games
Kai Guy (NA)
: To an extent as LP gains are lower then MMR gains your going to see divisional gaps into your games, and a high uncertainty accounts Tier will commonly be inaccurate to their skill. Op is correct that Good MMR MM requires a good Range. Make matches to fast by increasing the range is problematic. Duoing destroys this range and is why I have been telling people that MMR systems are good and function but Riots has some problem areas, like how duo is off tiers not hidden MMR. I don't think its unreasonable to ask for that restriction to be in place and to be off the same range MM considers Fair. As previously mentioned Tiers move slower so bottom of S4 can have Bronze MMR then que with a gold player with Plat and MM has to compensate for this massive range somehow. Not ideal. Then there was the new starting MMR + new Tiers which realistically is going to sink the entire ladders Values to be lower.
This is a good point, But I would like to see More Buffs if Riot wants more people out of Silver and into gold. If people from higher divisions have to carry lower divisions, You need to be playing Strong Champs. Champs that people play in gold and silver
: Or simply nerfing him wont stop low elo from banning him anyway. They will never stop banning him regardless of his state.
: why nerfing yasuo wont fix yasuo
This is pretty accurate. I have been waiting for nerfs just to play him more, but honestly There are so many other strong champs right now. yasuo is already very weak. He's really good at waveclear and trading with people who have bad positioning or who lack waveclear, but this makes him easy gank since he will be pushed, so really this game just has a jungler problem
: I'm Gold 3, and I've gotten unranked players in my game, so basically Riot really doesn't care about the ranking system, they just made the code simplified enough to use the vast pool of users versus creating code that would narrow down the ranking system.
You seem like one who has had to grind a ton of games as I have
Seen (NA)
: Silver 2? I'm lucky if I get that. I'm sitting at a solid gold 4 but I'm getting put with silver 3-4 team mates while the enemy team is gold 3+. Wtf matchmaking. And my silver teammates aren't smurfs, they're literally garbage.
yeah I see a lot of smurfs in almost every game. Fresh level 30 account...Maybe they are level 40-50 and got the champ they want to one trick. Low ban rate but good. I just thought gold was so much above silver. Like you get a reward just for being in gold and now it just seems like hey we have some silver people in our game again. How do I get them to listen
: I see a lot of this in my own games. Gold players in my silver games. It usually doesn't mean much, just that they're queued with someone in silver. It's honestly not that much of a difference if you ask me though. I've seen some gold players int the hell out of a solo lane.
True it may not seem much of a difference just from what we can usually assume, but if you are actually silver and have not yet improved and are going against someone who has improved, it makes a difference. even a few seconds. Mostly it's in closing games out
: > [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aUTMiIEj,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-19T12:59:00.007+0000) > > For those who don't have the required skill to carry 5 people(including themselves) silver is just going to stay a gamble. > > I said that already... but that is not what this thread is talking about. > > I'm talking about strictly low elo. > low elo, even if you are good enough it's gonna be a gamble to climb. and i am strictly trying to explain to you that that is the system in place and it AFFECTS every elo not silver not gold not iron only... ALL OF THEM
honestly you are just ranting here. You are saying what Juicebox already said! Your mind is in a completely different place and you want to make your opinion sway when you aren't even talking about the same thing LMAO. JuiceBox is literally saying there's so many people in silver to gold, that there's a big discrepancy of skill and match ups. It's like the world of fighting. You have professional and then say there's underground. You might see some really fantastic underground fighters. But it is a coinflip. So no reason to impose so hard
Rioter Comments
: Looks like the projectile was already on the way, de-targeting doesn't do anything for stuff already on the way. Edit: Looks like I was mistaken (I did a little searching once I thought about Fizz jump operating differently). https://www.reddit.com/r/KaynMains/comments/7vqjff/killed_in_ult/ It seems to be a bug.
wow interesting....seems this is old lol
: Looks like the projectile was already on the way, de-targeting doesn't do anything for stuff already on the way. Edit: Looks like I was mistaken (I did a little searching once I thought about Fizz jump operating differently). https://www.reddit.com/r/KaynMains/comments/7vqjff/killed_in_ult/ It seems to be a bug.
you're right it was on the way, but that has to be a bug... It can't hit you when you ult. that's part of making the best of his ult
Rioter Comments
Show more

A i Bot 0

Level 300 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion