: Teamfight Tactics patch 9.15 notes
I'm still waiting on a bugfix that actually makes the scouting commands actually work like they're supposed to. {{sticker:darius-angry}}
: TFT just reminded me why I quit Hearthstone
Bro. I agree with you on Hearthstone being an RNG fest (even more so than Vanguard, with its nickname Lucksack Vanguard), but TFT is not even close to that. It's about managing your picks and your gold economy. Spend too much money early I guarantee you'll be out of the game by Stage 3. Pick the same units as everyone else they'll stop showing up. These are fundamental things.
: It's not a bug, you just can't move the camera...
> [{quoted}](name=Gamebit Gaming,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=OjfvNhVB,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-06-29T03:02:06.950+0000) > > It's not a bug, you just can't move the camera... We'd probably believe that if there weren't key bindings mapped to the actual command "Scout Player to Left/Right" in the options.
: That is just plain awful you've gotta deal with a terrible disease like that at (what I assume to be) such a young age. It's unfortunate that a PR stunt to combat the bad publicity Rito received earlier in the year is what makes you quit the game though. I get it, it does feel like the game has been left for dead for casual players while it's completely catered to the pro scene, but using this PAX thing, which in my opinion isn't a big deal at all, as your dog whistle to stop playing... man, idk.
> [{quoted}](name=Gramps aka Doug,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u70Ftzpn,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:01:11.462+0000) > > That is just plain awful you've gotta deal with a terrible disease like that at (what I assume to be) such a young age. > > It's unfortunate that a PR stunt to combat the bad publicity Rito received earlier in the year is what makes you quit the game though. I get it, it does feel like the game has been left for dead for casual players while it's completely catered to the pro scene, but using this PAX thing, which in my opinion isn't a big deal at all, as your dog whistle to stop playing... man, idk. I'm 28, to answer your first question. As for your other statement...eh, it's a fair assessment. If it were only PAX and/or only Daniel Klein, I'd view it is rather petty myself. No, it's just everything else on top of it. The toxicity, the lack of what feels like true upward mobility in ranked (though hey, I'm Bronze, so what the hell do I know), and just stress in general. I want to be able to get home after school (I went back to school this fall just for the sake of having a new challenge) and be able to at least halfway enjoy myself even in ranked situations. Overwatch actually has been more pleasant than I remember it being, and I've actually been thinking that if I get my hands on more money later on, I'll jump into some fighting games. Guilty Gear and DFBZ come to mind.
: I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but they never cared. No large business does. It's the same reason Hollywood produces so many crappy movies: the pool of available customers is large enough that they can get away with anything. Multinational corporations aren't Ye Olde Sandwiche Shoppe that _has_ to care about each customer because there are only so many people in the neighborhood and if they don't buy sandwiches every day the shoppe is _screwed_. Why do you think that kind of business fails so often? Meanwhile, a film studio puts out a one-star sequel. Perfect! A few million in theater sales, a few million in domestic DVD sales, a few million in foreign markets, steady income from streaming services... A well-known video game company pisses off a million people? Perfect! The 30 or 50 or 80 million remaining players make that exodus literally not matter. The company is still buying their gold-plated shark tank bar. And don't get me wrong: like I said, this goes for every large company in the world today, not just Riot. I'm sorry you went through all of this. =\\ By the way, take another look at "though the situation for me is a bit more dire for me than I was now." I'm a technical writing major; that's what I do. ¯\\\_(ツ)\_/¯
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u70Ftzpn,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:54:21.434+0000) > > I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but they never cared. No large business does. It's the same reason Hollywood produces so many crappy movies: the pool of available customers is large enough that they can get away with anything. Multinational corporations aren't Ye Olde Sandwiche Shoppe that _has_ to care about each customer because there are only so many people in the neighborhood and if they don't buy sandwiches every day the shoppe is _screwed_. Why do you think that kind of business fails so often? > > Meanwhile, a film studio puts out a one-star sequel. Perfect! A few million in theater sales, a few million in domestic DVD sales, a few million in foreign markets, steady income from streaming services... A well-known video game company pisses off a million people? Perfect! The 30 or 50 or 80 million remaining players make that exodus literally not matter. The company is still buying their gold-plated shark tank bar. And don't get me wrong: like I said, this goes for every large company in the world today, not just Riot. > > I'm sorry you went through all of this. =\\ > > By the way, take another look at "though the situation for me is a bit more dire for me than I was now." I'm a technical writing major; that's what I do. ¯\\\_(ツ)\_/¯ Yeah, I only noticed that like five minutes ago. I'm alt-tabbing with some other stuff at the moment.
Rioter Comments
Kinopio (NA)
: Lag spikes after patch 8.6 (Haste user)
Same. I've got Verizon FiOS here and it seems like I've had this issue all week. In fact, I just got out of a game where my ping was 70-110 when my resting ping is around 60 thanks to the new mesh network we've set up in the house, and the lag got so bad I was disconnected SIX TIMES (had to quit the game and reset) and had to reset the client at least three of those because there was no response from the network. According to lag report, Verizon (or at least the guys in my area) have a gold star and most of my connection issues in the past just come from faulty wi-fi (and I'd been trying to make the jump to ethernet, which isn't that hard, I'm just missing a couple of things), but I haven't seen lag issues this bad since S5. I suspect this may be because of the in-game voice chat overloading the servers, because voice chat will take up a HUGE amount of data/memory even when you're NOT using an in-game client. I was playing a game with a couple of guys over Curse back in the day and I was having lag issues up the wazoo.
Rioter Comments
: Sure. I'll be happy to clear the air. I post this message wherever I can as it helps some who are open while also mostly shutting up the Yasuo haters who aren't tl;dr people. Please read this as it talks about your problem. There are a few tips that people already know about facing a Yasuo; poke his shield off with autos, he's weakest right after his tornado is gone, and he's weak to ganks. I'd like to go into more detail. The key to beating a Yasuo in lane is proper minion management, and proper management is different depending on whether you're a ranged or melee champion. As a ranged champion, you want to keep the wave in 1 of 2 places depending on Yasuo's health relative to yours. If Yasuo is ahead or even, you want to keep the wave frozen a bit outside of your own tower, so that he has to go into tower range to order to hit you. You can basically do whatever you want to him if the wave is in this spot because you can simply retreat into tower range if he tries to go onto you. However, if you're ahead of him in health, you want to start a slow push, so you can poke him whenever he tries to CS and you'll have a buffer of minion support if he tries to all in you. In this case, he can't do much either. For a melee champion, you want to slow push pretty much all the time. Yasuo is extremely vulnerable to being all inned by melee champions when he's trying to CS, and a good Yasuo will try to do a slow push of his own to discourage his opponent from attacking him. One important thing to understand is that while enemy minions are oftentimes Yasuo's best friends since he uses them to dash, they are also one of his biggest weaknesses since he's required to tank them in order to trade. If you can bait him into tanking a lot of minions with some kind of defensive ability like an ori shield, you can very easily come out ahead in trades, provided you don't panic, keep autoing, and hit some extra free damage on him when he tries to get out. Generally speaking, a Yasuo will always want the wave in 1 of 2 places. He either wants a slight minion advantage on his side so he can get free opportunities to poke with Q, but not so many more minions that the wave gets frozen outside the enemy tower. A good Yasuo will bait you into hitting minions with AOE abilities to push the wave back towards him if it starts to get too close to tower, allowing him to be aggressive again. The other position is for when Yasuo has a lead on his opponent; he will want to freeze outside of his tower, leaving a long trail of minions to dash through so he can all in you if you try to walk up to CS. The key to beating Yasuo is to keep the wave where you want it to be rather than the way he wants it to be, or there's not a whole lot you can do as a lot of champions. Other general tips for beating Yasuo include: Ask for ganks, an aggressive Yasuo player is very easy to bait and kill if he isn't strong enough to 1v2 already. Take exhaust as a combat summoner if your kill pressure on him is low, it’s a great way to neutralize his aggression in lane as well as neuter him in teamfights. If Yasuo misses his tornado, that is the time to be aggressive. His Q is on CD, he has no CC for a while, and his ult, by extension, is unavailable. And if Yasuo gets too aggressive in lane and messes up when trying to trade, all in him right then and there. If you get a lead against Yasuo, most champions will be able to zone him out heavily since he's a squishy melee only champion with no escape and no natural sustain.
> [{quoted}](name=Dabrick01,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XMajivbQ,comment-id=002a00000000,timestamp=2016-12-08T13:17:33.556+0000) > > Sure. I'll be happy to clear the air. > > I post this message wherever I can as it helps some who are open while also mostly shutting up the Yasuo haters who aren't tl;dr people. Please read this as it talks about your problem. > > There are a few tips that people already know about facing a Yasuo; poke his shield off with autos, he's weakest right after his tornado is gone, and he's weak to ganks. I'd like to go into more detail. > > The key to beating a Yasuo in lane is proper minion management, and proper management is different depending on whether you're a ranged or melee champion. As a ranged champion, you want to keep the wave in 1 of 2 places depending on Yasuo's health relative to yours. If Yasuo is ahead or even, you want to keep the wave frozen a bit outside of your own tower, so that he has to go into tower range to order to hit you. You can basically do whatever you want to him if the wave is in this spot because you can simply retreat into tower range if he tries to go onto you. However, if you're ahead of him in health, you want to start a slow push, so you can poke him whenever he tries to CS and you'll have a buffer of minion support if he tries to all in you. In this case, he can't do much either. > > For a melee champion, you want to slow push pretty much all the time. Yasuo is extremely vulnerable to being all inned by melee champions when he's trying to CS, and a good Yasuo will try to do a slow push of his own to discourage his opponent from attacking him. One important thing to understand is that while enemy minions are oftentimes Yasuo's best friends since he uses them to dash, they are also one of his biggest weaknesses since he's required to tank them in order to trade. If you can bait him into tanking a lot of minions with some kind of defensive ability like an ori shield, you can very easily come out ahead in trades, provided you don't panic, keep autoing, and hit some extra free damage on him when he tries to get out. > > Generally speaking, a Yasuo will always want the wave in 1 of 2 places. He either wants a slight minion advantage on his side so he can get free opportunities to poke with Q, but not so many more minions that the wave gets frozen outside the enemy tower. A good Yasuo will bait you into hitting minions with AOE abilities to push the wave back towards him if it starts to get too close to tower, allowing him to be aggressive again. The other position is for when Yasuo has a lead on his opponent; he will want to freeze outside of his tower, leaving a long trail of minions to dash through so he can all in you if you try to walk up to CS. The key to beating Yasuo is to keep the wave where you want it to be rather than the way he wants it to be, or there's not a whole lot you can do as a lot of champions. > > Other general tips for beating Yasuo include: Ask for ganks, an aggressive Yasuo player is very easy to bait and kill if he isn't strong enough to 1v2 already. Take exhaust as a combat summoner if your kill pressure on him is low, it’s a great way to neutralize his aggression in lane as well as neuter him in teamfights. If Yasuo misses his tornado, that is the time to be aggressive. His Q is on CD, he has no CC for a while, and his ult, by extension, is unavailable. And if Yasuo gets too aggressive in lane and messes up when trying to trade, all in him right then and there. If you get a lead against Yasuo, most champions will be able to zone him out heavily since he's a squishy melee only champion with no escape and no natural sustain. Wow, that's...very impressive. Cool beans. Thanks for the tips.
: Most players agree that Yasuo is unfun to play against. Well obviously, Yasuo has a skill cap and people are too stupid to learn how to play against him. I'm just saying that if the general playerbase weren't scrubs who could manage a minion wave, Yasuo would never be raged against. When he becomes a regular in pro play to the point where he is busted there, then we can talk. Pro players know that Yasuo is super easy to get around, but no one gives a fuck about that since they got their asses handed to them by a good Yasuo.
> [{quoted}](name=Dabrick01,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XMajivbQ,comment-id=002a,timestamp=2016-12-06T13:53:36.552+0000) > > Most players agree that Yasuo is unfun to play against. Well obviously, Yasuo has a skill cap and people are too stupid to learn how to play against him. > > I'm just saying that if the general playerbase weren't scrubs who could manage a minion wave, Yasuo would never be raged against. > > When he becomes a regular in pro play to the point where he is busted there, then we can talk. Pro players know that Yasuo is super easy to get around, but no one gives a fuck about that since they got their asses handed to them by a good Yasuo. Well, clearly seeing as you know what is what, maybe you could resolve this issue and tell the general playerbase how Yasuo is easy to get around instead of being a coquette about the whole thing, I think that would definitely improve things. Wouldn't you? Or am I going to have to start digitally pulling teeth?
: I mean... people were saying tsm is going to win world.... don't say they weren't "serious" like u guys said Jensen wasn't serious about his twitt.
At least Jensen learned his lesson after Faker smacked some sense back into him. I get the feeling he won't do it twice in the second game.
intrinsc (NA)
: Hauntzer has played a lot of characters in Spring and Summer including Irelia, Gnar, Ekko, Swain, as well as those you mentioned. I think TSM was at their best when they gave me a little more resources to Hauntzer and he'd go off.
Maybe so. But Swain isn't meta anymore, I think Gnar was banned, and Irelia's better served in pick comps than straight fights. I do like Ekko, Ekko used to be the counter to Poppy and would've worked better in the game against RNG than Jayce. Seriously, why Jayce? He had no business being in that team comp.
justoh (NA)
: ***
No it isn't. That format you're talking about, at least as far as hockey goes, is only for the regular season. And even then situations where teams win regular seasons but collapse in playoffs are nothing new. Exhibit A: 2012 NHL Playoffs, where the Los Angeles Kings (6th Seed) defeated the Vancouver Canucks (1st Seed). Double round-robin tournaments are much more fair. Magic: the Gathering tournaments do this, too. Fencing tournaments around the world use a round robin system, too. I know you're having trouble trying to compartmentalize, but revamping the system to this degree is unfair to every other team, including CLG and Cloud9. I will not let you handicap the rest of NA just because TSM threw away their game against SSG and had no answer for Uzi's Ezreal.
: RNG and SSG join the final eight
Truth of the matter is, TSM failed to meet NA's (and their own) lofty expectations, and I think it all came down to that blown game against SSG. I still don't know what they were thinking, going with that Zilean. That whole comp was a failure to launch and you have to wonder if it was panic-picked by Bjergsen or Biofrost, when it would've been smarter to pick a champ that could fight Viktor better than Zil. I was wondering why they didn't just flex the Karma mid for Bjerg and put Biofrost on Trundle or Alistar or some other secondary tank to protect against all that damage. But they still lost, and forced themselves into a situation where they had to gamble their own tournament lives against RNG, who's easily one of the dark horses in this. And if you put yourself in a position where you might lose, you might lose unfortunately. Cloud9 is going to be hard-pressed getting out of Group B, but if anyone's got a chance of getting out of groups, they do. Impact has a deeper champion pool than both Darshan and Hauntzer (do they play anything either than Poppy and Kennen respectively?), Meteos has had more time to practice that Lee Sin (and potentially force the ban so he can get Rek'sai or Zac) and Jensen, assuming he's done being cute in lane after the SKT game, should have a backup pick if Syndra gets banned.
: Ethernet vs. WiFi: Ping, Packets, & Playing Better
I couldn't even play on an ethernet connection because of firewall issues.
: I respectfully disagree with this. Yes, this season has plenty of problems (many of which I've openly criticized riot about), but you are wrong in thinking that being better / skill has nothing to do with it. Seriously, dynamic queue or bad players can screw you over in the short run, sure. But if you can't get back to a rank, or can't climb for some reason for an extended period of time, it's not the people of the system at fault. It's you. Look to your own game play and improve. I don't want this to come off as harsh, but making a guide to get carried and suggesting it's impossible for your own skill to make the difference is ridiculous. I can understand preferring normals and aram. They aren't related to the post though / to ranked. I think most players couldn't care less about being carried in a normal for example. But in ranked, it ruins the competitive integrity. You're basically getting gold without earning it which feels awful for anyone who has gone out of their way and worked to earn their rewards :/.
> [{quoted}](name=Lazypeon100,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qix4hawM,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-20T20:54:09.778+0000) > > I respectfully disagree with this. Yes, this season has plenty of problems (many of which I've openly criticized riot about), but you are wrong in thinking that being better / skill has nothing to do with it. > > Seriously, dynamic queue or bad players can screw you over in the short run, sure. But if you can't get back to a rank, or can't climb for some reason for an extended period of time, it's not the people of the system at fault. It's you. Look to your own game play and improve. I don't want this to come off as harsh, but making a guide to get carried and suggesting it's impossible for your own skill to make the difference is ridiculous. > > I can understand preferring normals and aram. They aren't related to the post though / to ranked. I think most players couldn't care less about being carried in a normal for example. But in ranked, it ruins the competitive integrity. You're basically getting gold without earning it which feels awful for anyone who has gone out of their way and worked to earn their rewards :/. See, that part where you said the fault lies with the Bronze players? Let me give you a reality check. I only started playing ranked in S5 (currently waffling between Bronze IV and V), but I've been playing since release, so I know how to play the game. I wanted to get halfway serious about ranked this season because I wanted to play with my friends (most of them are Gold) while I was in college. Whenever I asked them, their advise was all different depending on who I asked. I'd watch Huzzy's Unranked to Diamond series in between classes in the hopes of learning a few things. Well, I learned a few tricks. Mostly work on CSing (which I knew already), wards (I'm probably the only guy in Bronze who still wards, and even then I'm bad at it), and not overstaying when you're lower than 25% HP in lane (which was actually new to me, but that's a really hard habit to break). Didn't really help. I tried taking advantage of longer games to play champs that scaled better into mid-late game (Caitlyn/Ashe over Lucian) or snowballed early (LeBlanc over Ahri, which was kinda painful considering I main Ahri). The results are too mixed for my liking: I either get super-fed and win, or I crash and burn and everyone reports me for feeding. So when you tell me to look at my own gameplay and improve, it just makes me want to punch you in the face. Not because your advice is bad, but that it's the ONLY advice anyone ever gives me. You may be right, but you're not helping, either, and that just makes me more frustrated. And the worst of it is, I'm convinced the only sure-fire way to climb is to have a coach, and not all of us have money to burn just learning to play video games at a higher level for almost no benefit.
Lothian (EUNE)
: 27 minutes back on twitter Jeffrey Lin ‏@RiotLyte We intend on putting in new timings for every phase in Champ Select to speed things up; however, stability is #1 right now. #LeagueOfLegends What an important announcement -_- But : Another thing about e.g. the date, the time of re- opening? BTW.. from B2 to B4 (5wins , 5 loss) ... Thx riot.
> [{quoted}](name=Lothian,realm=EUNE,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=28aUeeGd,comment-id=00b2,timestamp=2016-01-24T20:37:03.350+0000) > > 27 minutes back on twitter > > Jeffrey Lin > ‏@RiotLyte > We intend on putting in new timings for every phase in Champ Select to speed things up; however, stability is #1 right now. #LeagueOfLegends > > What an important announcement -_- But : Another thing about e.g. the date, the time of re- opening? > > BTW.. from B2 to B4 (5wins , 5 loss) ... Thx riot. I'm not even playing any more ranked matches until it's fixed. I'm already 1-4, and the one win I had was when I was playing my pretty-much-unstoppable mid Ahri. I tried my hardest in the meantime but I can't help it if I'm one of two people on my team with any brains.
: Chicago Connection Clinic Megathread [Closed]
Location: Indio, California ISP: Verizon Initial Ping: 30-45 New Ping: 70-90 Truth be told it hasn't been bothering me all that much, aside from the odd sluggishness or framerate drop, but yesterday I got disconnected from a game and now today I'm losing connection to PVP.net for five-ten minutes at a time at intervals, which has REALLY been screwing over matchmaking.

AGreatBigGoose

Level 148 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion