: Nightblue gets a player Falsely banned.
Y'all know Riot isn't going to do anything, right? They endorse this behavior, not condone it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Adanim,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=r8QEsH9I,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-09-02T20:24:31.936+0000) > > He's an idiot who doesn't even begin to understand what racism/sexism actually is aside from the obvious. It's actually impossible to be racist towards whites and sexist towards men. Marginalization occurs when a group in power suppresses other groups under the basis of ethnicity/gender/etc. It is impossible to be racist/sexist towards the group(s) committing the oppression So you're saying to me that, since im not black, if I receive hate speech, it ain't racism? Or to put it in simpler terms, if I was black and was the target of racism, it would be racism, but since im not black, if I was the target of racism, it wouldn't be racism? Same with sexism. If I was a woman and said "death to all males" it wouldn't be sexism, but say the same thing and replace males with females and it would be? I'm just trying to understand your point here sir.
> [{quoted}](name=marpatt11,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=r8QEsH9I,comment-id=00090002,timestamp=2018-09-03T01:17:33.898+0000) > > So you're saying to me that, since im not black, if I receive hate speech, it ain't racism? Or to put it in simpler terms, if I was black and was the target of racism, it would be racism, but since im not black, if I was the target of racism, it wouldn't be racism? Same with sexism. If I was a woman and said "death to all males" it wouldn't be sexism, but say the same thing and replace males with females and it would be? > > I'm just trying to understand your point here sir. This is going to be quite a large wall of text to explain my point, so bear with me. The point I am trying to make is that Racism is defined and painted in a dictionary with a very broad brush. Racism is defined as discrimination on the basis of race (ethnic background is what I prefer to use since there are no "races" of humans, humans are all one "race" but I digress on this point). This is the literal definition that is only applicable in a world where everyone is equal. Sexism is the same for sex. Sociology, history, psychology, economics, and politics have defined racism as exerting power over a group of people on the basis of race, and using race as a means to maintaining power. Therefore it is impossible for someone to be racist towards whites, sexist towards men, heterophobic, cisphobic, or christianophobic because those are the groups in power. They exert their dominance every single day in every possible subtle and obvious way that they can, and every person who is a member of any of these groups is guilty of it. If you are white and receive hate speech because you are white, that is not racist. Someone who isn't white is expressing to you their hatred of the oppression of non-whites. White people cannot be targeted by racism because racism is exertion of power that is defined by ethnic background. Whites have maintained all of the political, social, and economic power in the world, and they have done so by telling non-whites that they are lesser than and they behave in ways that reinforce those beliefs. People with "black sounding" names aren't hired as often as someone with a "white sounding" name. It's a fact. A black man at a company meeting has to prove that he is worthy of respect and prove he is worth being taken seriously, whereas a white man doesn't. If a Latino doesn't hire a white guy on the basis of him being white, that isn't racist because the white man still has all of the power in society and therefore can easily find a job where he will be hired. Someone non-white will struggle to find a job anywhere because it is unknown whether or not he/she will be denied employment because of their ethnic background. Affirmative Action is often times considered racist towards whites and sexist towards men because it forces companies to hire non-white and non-male employees. It isn't because those people struggle to find work simply on the basis of them not being white/male and a white/male can and will find another job elsewhere easily. Affirmative Action is racially driven, but far from racist. Let's say that you're in high school and a group of Asian kids beats you up simply because you are white. That isn't racism. They are assholes, they did something wrong, and no one should be physically harmed ever, but it wasn't racist. It was essentially them wrongfully taking out their frustration at a white-dominated society on a white kid. If a group of white kids beat up a Latino because of their ethnic background, it's racist because it's an exertion of power, they are telling this kid "remember your place, it's beneath us." If you are a man and hear "death to all men!" are you afraid it will happen? Do you actually fear for your life? Of course not, because sub-consciously you know that it's not going to happen. If a woman hears "death to all women!" by a group of men, she WILL be in fear because it could possibly happen because men have power over women in our society. On another note, women are harassed and attacked and raped every single day by men who are angry that they aren't getting the chance to exert their power as males to get what they want. These are isolated and extreme cases, sure, but women are blamed for the bad things that happen to them, and men aren't blamed at all. If a woman beat up a man, she will be blamed for it. If a man beats up a woman, it's called into question of whether or not she was obedient or if she was rude to him. So women saying "men are trash" aren't sexist. They can't be. They don't have the power that men do in society. You can't exert and maintain what you don't have. I'm just making the point that we like to use the dictionary definition to call out sexism or racism, but the people who do that are often times white, cis, heterosexual, christian males who claim they are being oppressed. They have power, and they are angry that it's not being recognized and it's not getting them their way. "In the eyes of those with power, equality looks and feels a lot like oppression." You have to push back to make change, it's not a line that is drawn, it's a pendulum. It has to swing the other way briefly before it can equalize. If you still don't agree with me by the end of this, then I can't change your mind or force you to see my way of things (@anyone reading this) but I want to bring light to the fact that if we follow the textbook definition of discrimination, then no change will be made because it is accurate only in a perfect, everyone-is-equal world, and we don't live in such a place. I'm a white, cis, heterosexual male so I can understand the discomfort people may have towards my way of thinking, but it's the only way to be able to fight against discrimination on our end. To recognize that we can't be discriminated because we have all the power, and then accept it and fight to make everyone equal. Brofresco is causing more harm than good. Even though he may feel like he's fighting for equality, he's actually damaging it's chances in the way he's going about it.
Quinzley (EUNE)
: WTF I like Brofresco now.
He's an idiot who doesn't even begin to understand what racism/sexism actually is aside from the obvious. It's actually impossible to be racist towards whites and sexist towards men. Marginalization occurs when a group in power suppresses other groups under the basis of ethnicity/gender/etc. It is impossible to be racist/sexist towards the group(s) committing the oppression
Pika Fox (NA)
: Reality is old masteries system was solved, and just stats. If you give just stats you only have the illusion of choice. Same with runes. Having tons of options doesnt really mean you have tons of options when everything is just +stats. New runes are far better for diversity. It may not be perfect, but the keystones and trees change how you play the game to get said stats. Yes, theres generally going to be better ones optimally, but you do have more viable choice and customization now because you can opt to play your champ entirely differently to get said stats, making more paths actually playable and not just inferior via stat check.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xEBUErGW,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-07-11T15:03:48.090+0000) > > Reality is old masteries system was solved, and just stats. If you give just stats you only have the illusion of choice. > > Same with runes. Having tons of options doesnt really mean you have tons of options when everything is just +stats. > > New runes are far better for diversity. It may not be perfect, but the keystones and trees change how you play the game to get said stats. Yes, theres generally going to be better ones optimally, but you do have more viable choice and customization now because you can opt to play your champ entirely differently to get said stats, making more paths actually playable and not just inferior via stat check. Everything that you have just claimed about stat checking is exactly what happens now but to a massive degree, and it's all that happens in a game like this. Everyone is going to try to find the optimal path that leads them to winning, no one is going to waste their time playing on runes or masteries that are sub-optimal. The new rune system is punishing to players who don't take that ONE build path that actually works on their champion, while in the old system the "one true path" was non-existent (at the very least the line was blurred enough that there were several viable options). The old system had several options for each champion that were equally viable, depending on your role for the team. The bonuses were also smaller than the new system we are on, meaning skill and strategy were the keys to winning. The addition of keystone masteries back during the Marksman update was the first step in removing options/creating only one viable build path and making it so your choices in the time outside of the game determined who won the match. Riot has been so big on this *bullshit* notion of "we want you to feel your rune choices in-game" and sure, maybe it wasn't clear/you couldn't feel the impact of your choices that much while playing the game, but that was the entire point. There were supposed to be SMALL bonuses that didn't have heavy impact on the game. It's at a point where it's made the champion tiers even more separated (what I mean by this is that there wasn't much of a difference between tier 1 champions and tier 2 champions, whereas now it's definitely clear what tier a champion is in and that impacts the game significantly). Riot wanted flashy plays and they wanted to cater to an instant-gratification fan-base (which is inherently toxic and unhealthy), and they got it by ruining the system because they wanted people to be able to see their choices in runes and masteries make an impact in-game, and they wanted people to feel good immediately instead of working for their victories. It's all one-shot city now, and it's boring and frustrating. The old system was better in every single way. The significant balance issues we have now were never this bad until the keystones came into the equation.
: Is the Piltover and Zaun icon also need for this icon? Are they regions ?
> [{quoted}](name=Merciless 1324,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=9wGfmkmk,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-07-06T21:47:10.745+0000) > > Is the Piltover and Zaun icon also need for this icon? Are they regions ? Yes they are, which is unfortunate since most people won't get them since they were so horribly and poorly advertised.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zed genius,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Enw7djV7,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T15:05:40.229+0000) > > all I know is that a serrated dirk(1100 gold) makes you ignore 7 armor, while a cloth armor(300 gold) gives you 15 armor First off, the armor pen Dirk gives is based on level. It can give you up to a total of 10 armor pen at level 18. Second off, Dirk also gives 25 AD and a 40 bonus damage on your next spellcast after killing a unit. By no means does Cloth Armor counter Dirk.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Enw7djV7,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2018-07-05T15:14:50.300+0000) > > First off, the armor pen Dirk gives is based on level. It can give you up to a total of 10 armor pen at level 18. > > Second off, Dirk also gives 25 AD and a 40 bonus damage on your next spellcast after killing a unit. > > By no means does Cloth Armor counter Dirk. Think of it this way: Would you rather have 25 armor negated to 15, or 40 armor negated to 30? Damage outscales resistances, sure, but having SOME resistance compared to none at all still helps you survive. Have you ever won a trade/made a close escape with 20 hp after buying armor? As it turns out it saved your life, even if it doesn't seem like it because damage is really high right now.
: experimenting with them as a toggle on/off. (Might not work though)
> [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=czEchQNg,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-28T23:36:20.741+0000) > > experimenting with them as a toggle on/off. (Might not work though) Is there a plan to fix the animations in between his auto-attacks? All of his animations (abilities, movement, emotes, etc.) are amazing, even the auto-attacks themselves, but in the time between auto-attacks Aatrox stops ALL movement. Visually it's not fluid compared to the rest of his animation set.
: I like the Aatrox rework.
I'm in love with his rework. I only miss his old voice, that was a unique aspect to Aatrox. I'm not a fan of the screaming, I actually found it more ominous that he was calm and collected while in combat.
Leonerdo (NA)
: All that analysis about "the shooter guys and the rts guys" is pretty insightful. League was not made to cater to one specific audience. I just wish you continued down that train of thought. But instead... > I don't really want to blame Ghostcrawler No, it's abundantly clear that that is exactly what you wanted to do. You spent half of the post specifically directing blame at GC for all the problems you mentioned, and ridiculing his career on top of it. Now, please understand, I don't give a shit about Ghostcrawler. He's just some old game-dev who's probably mediocre at his job. (But he's got 20 years experience so they put him in a management position where he spends his time dispensing those 20 years of wisdom to the designers who actually work on the game.) Whatever. But if you base your posts on personal attacks and blame-gaming, you aren't helping anyone, least of all the League community. You're just spouting trash-talk. Or are you actually deluded enough to think the game would get better just because one guy gets fired? I'm honestly sick of this scapegoat, witchhunting crap people come up with. And here I thought the boards were taking a turn for the better, but I guess not.
> [{quoted}](name=Leonerdo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NHsB6mgT,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-06-18T17:57:09.773+0000) > > All that analysis about "the shooter guys and the rts guys" is pretty insightful. League was not made to cater to one specific audience. I just wish you continued down that train of thought. But instead... > > No, it's abundantly clear that that is exactly what you wanted to do. You spent half of the post specifically directing blame at GC for all the problems you mentioned, and ridiculing his career on top of it. > > Now, please understand, I don't give a shit about Ghostcrawler. He's just some old game-dev who's probably mediocre at his job. (But he's got 20 years experience so they put him in a management position where he spends his time dispensing those 20 years of wisdom to the designers who actually work on the game.) Whatever. But if you base your posts on personal attacks and blame-gaming, you aren't helping anyone, least of all the League community. You're just spouting trash-talk. You have to understand that it's entirely sound and reasonable for the community to blame GC for his actions. He may not be one of the employees directly working on the game, but he's the guy who approves everything. He's the guy who tells the actual programmers what he wants and then reviews everything before they go live. He may not the the guy doing the actual balance changes, but he's the mastermind behind all of it. You also have to understand that what is happening to LoL is exactly what was happening to WoW and SC2. He made choices (I won't pretend to know what they are, I haven't played a second of WoW and I've only ever played the SC2 campaigns) that caused a community uproar because it drastically changed the games and created a balancing nightmare. Mistakes happen in the professional world, everyone knows that, but GC was fired from Blizzard because of 2 reasons. 1. No one liked working with him/he was difficult to work with (probably because of the attitude he (in)famously has towards the games he is working on), and 2. he was going to screw up in a big way again and Blizzard wasn't going to allow that to happen. I for one believe that he is incapable of working as a lead designer. He should be in a position where he follows orders, not gives them. Experience in the field is everything, and while he may have 20 years of it, his track record is atrocious. That's why people are mad. We have every reason to be mad at him, because once he became a rioter the game has been drastically falling apart. I don't think it's coincidental considering what happened to him at Blizzard. > > are you actually deluded enough to think the game would get better just because one guy gets fired? WoW and SC2 have been steadily getting better and the feedback has been becoming increasingly more positive since GC was fired. The games are more successful than ever, and have climbed out of their holes that were created by GC and gone even farther than they were before his damage was done. Yes, I believe that a single guy getting fired could save a game and start its healing process.
: can you describe a questionable balance decision that was not fixed before the end of season five when Meddler officially took over?
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NHsB6mgT,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2018-06-18T17:42:28.989+0000) > > can you describe a questionable balance decision that was not fixed before the end of season five when Meddler officially took over? Meddler is the lead champion designer, he doesn't make balancing decisions. He's the guy that gives the thumbs-up when a concept is presented to him, and he's the guy who approves the final product before release. He has no part in the actual balance of the game.
: But y tho
If the laner gets the kill, you tax a few minions (I tend to do the ranged minions in a wave since they are worth the least amount of gold). If you as the jungler gets the kill, there is no reason to tax the lane. It's jungler courtesy.
: Huh. Ive seen it plenty. So many tanks. Didnt frozen mallet or ice born have a similar effect?
> [{quoted}](name=xSightlessx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8XWvMAiJ,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2018-05-03T14:53:17.299+0000) > > Huh. Ive seen it plenty. So many tanks. Didnt frozen mallet or ice born have a similar effect? They are only movement speed slows, while {{item:3110}} is only attack speed slows. I'm guessing it would shut a lot of problematic champions down, but no one really builds it anymore considering that pure tanks aren't that great right now, and bruisers build 3 damage items and then 2 HP + resistance items, not to mention {{item:3143}} {{item:3075}} slow attack speed when you are attacked plus give HP. That alone makes the items seem better overall.
: So you wanna remove one of 2 niche items for mixed damage champs? Like they did with will of the ancients? Also playing around an item is a thing. Aka buying something with grievous wounds against some one with lifesteal ore health regen items. Or mp against others mr. You literally do this every game... Here is a counter to Douche-canooes beyblades. Get items that slow attack speed. Its an attack speed based item for champs that rely on attack speed and on hit effects.
> [{quoted}](name=xSightlessx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8XWvMAiJ,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-05-03T13:47:43.227+0000) > > So you wanna remove one of 2 niche items for mixed damage champs? Like they did with will of the ancients? Also playing around an item is a thing. Aka buying something with grievous wounds against some one with lifesteal ore health regen items. Or mp against others mr. You literally do this every game... > > Here is a counter to Douche-canooes beyblades. Get items that slow attack speed. Its an attack speed based item for champs that rely on attack speed and on hit effects. I don't think people even build {{item:3110}} anymore, I haven't seen it in a long time
: They just need to add a mortal reminder for shields, I dont get why they haven't
> [{quoted}](name=Shablagoo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EneiL83y,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-04-28T04:45:58.553+0000) > > They just need to add a mortal reminder for shields, I dont get why they haven't Or they should make Grievous Wounds apply to shields as well, and up the reduction to 50% like it used to be. That provides some breathing room against Lifestealing and Shields in one go.
: These changes reek of #LC$
It's because MSI is coming up. They are making drastic changes to the game that will benefit the professional scene and shaft the rest of us to make MSI more interesting, and then afterwards they will "fix" it until Worlds, where they will do the same exact thing again. After that, they will blame the state of the game on absurd reasons and call it "uninteresting gameplay," and then use the "uninteresting gameplay" as excuses to change the game dynamic during the following pre-season to make the next year "new and exciting and never-before-seen," which is just a new and even more frustrating slew of problems than years prior. This is a pattern that Riot has followed almost religiously since S4
: HoTs or Smite to replace league ?
HotS is a better version of league in every way except for the flow. It feel slightly more clunky to play and fights are dragged out (usually small trades over and over and then a finishing fight, lasting about 20-30 seconds) whereas league is faster and smoother (fights are usually 5-10 seconds). There are heroes that excel at certain maps compared to others, but you can play anyone and have a fighting chance. The balance team tries very hard to make sure no one is over the top and that anyone is viable. You have multiple build options with the talent system, and if you take the right talents with each other, all talents are viable. The XP system is team-wide, and many people hate that you can’t “solo carry” but that’s the entire point. It’s a team game, you succeed or fail as a team (which should be the point of team games like League, but my opinion on that matter is rarely shared) and it feels like you are always contributing. Comebacks are also common, since kills aren’t what win the game. The other team could have 10 kills on yours, but you are equal in XP. Smite is fun, but the issue is that most cosmetics are locked behind extreme money or RNG barriers. Characters deal only one kind of damage, and items are class-locked in a sense. Only mages and tanks have access to mage items as an example. Most characters are viable, but many require a lot of game time to get experienced with them. It is also super snowbally, and some characters that get ahead are almost impossible to shut down. Games are often decided at the 15 minute mark. I say HotS over Smite, and I think HotS is better than League in almost every way. Just my thoughts, though.
xGunna1 (EUW)
: tank meta is way better than getting one shot by a weaboo zed or kayn or yasuo main
{{item:3153}} {{item:1419}} {{item:3151}} {{item:3036}} {{item:3107}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3091}} "Tanks are broken" Just play champions who can build these items and watch tanks melt.
Rexxiee (NA)
: Where are the ornn nerfs riot
Buy {{item:3153}} + {{item:3071}} and he's basically neutered. Or you could play {{champion:122}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:83}} and make his life miserable.
: Lux W bug Patch 7.20
The shield is supposed to stack regardless, the stack is only doubled when you hit an ally. In the video the shield is only refreshing. In fact, it stacks for about .25 of a second before it resets. It's bugged.
: Why does Rito insist on nerfing AP champs to the point where they can't even deal damage? Lmao. Tanks are already building only 1 MR item (sometimes zero) and become immune to AP damage. They build 3-4 armor items and still get oneshot by AD champs. Clearly AP is the issue here guys.
> [{quoted}](name=LesVitesses,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RqZ16izw,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2017-07-26T16:13:24.789+0000) > > Why does Rito insist on nerfing AP champs to the point where they can't even deal damage? Several factors. Magic damage is stronger during the first 25 minutes of the game due to the fact that magic resistance is harder to come by naturally (magic resistance per level scales far less compared to armor per level). Magic damage also typically comes in bursts rather than in a sustained manner, with a few exceptions, compared to physical damage. That means that there is more down-time for magic damage to be dealt compared to physical damage. Because magic damage comes in bursts, it's going to deal more damage per shot/instance, but there will be less overall DPS, meaning magic resistance items have to have higher values of magic resistance put into them to be able to provide meaningful defense. The issue comes from the fact that Riot want's their games to be shorter, something they made clear at the end of S5, and to do so they need to buff physical damage in the early game (the recent lethality buffs as well as the concept of lethality in the first place) and nerf magic damage in the early game (which just nerfs magic damage as a whole since it's strongest mid-game). Riot also doesn't want mages to be strong because of a few reasons. If mages are strong, they make assassins completely obsolete, and marksmen are always in danger. If mages are strong, then tanks are strong, and that makes juggernauts and divers weaker. Juggernauts, divers, assassins, and marksmen are the most popular classes to play at the lower levels of play, which also makes up about 65% of the player base. Riot is going to make more money if they make J/D/A/M classes stronger by virtue of the players who main the classes buying more skins for those characters (It's also why Yasuo/Lee Sin/Zed/Riven get a ton of skins, they are popular and make Riot a lot of money). If mages are balanced, then every class is balanced, but then J/D/A/M classes aren't "stronger" in an obvious way, and therefore that player base stops purchasing the same amount of content as before. The reason as to why Riot is nerfing mages and magic damage is because they are losing money and/or players because J/D/A/M aren't "strong enough" by comparison, and they want their games to be shorter, so they have to buff physical damage and nerf magic damage to be able to reach that fantasy.
: Fun Realistic Tweak for Malphite
So, Vi's ult but 5x stronger?
: Top 10 champions passed over in the skin department
Those champions are mostly unpopular. with J4 and Taliyah being the outliers. There is no reason for Riot to make skins for them. They payout would not be worth the amount of resources that go into skin design. They would make more money, and more people happy overall, if they just gave skins to the most popular champions. A yorick skin being released will have some people buy it; mains and the guys who collect skins. But if a Yasuo skin or a Vayne skin comes out, way more people are going to buy it and use it. They have a higher player base and more mains. They aren't forgetting these champions. They are making a choice to not give them skins because it would be a waste of time, money, and effort on their end.
: "I fought a house once! Pretty sure I won!" - Galio. Wait a minute...
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2425713
woobeee (NA)
: I wish the new Galio had some sort of blue in his model
I liked the blue from his current model, maybe add some touch-up work here and there on the base skin of the rework? An homage to the old Galio? Or better yet, a traditional skin. I think he deserves one.
: its called her kit
> [{quoted}](name=sssssyyyyyzzz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=98VIqN9p,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-01-17T06:44:28.253+0000) > > its called her kit What I think is hilarious is that Poppy was designed with the idea in mind to shut down mobile threats to keep the backline alive. Now they are nerfing her because she does her job and they were all "Oh shit, she actually does it well" (her last line of nerfs were literally because she was shutting down mobile fighters). All they need to do is increase her Q cooldown and mana cost. The reason she is so strong and does so much damage is because her Q is up every 3 seconds due to her main build path easily hitting the 30-40% CDR mark. The ability itself doesn't do that much until you get hit with it 3 times before your second rotation of spells comes back up.
Elikain (EUNE)
: All 5 of the champions you mentioned needed reworks. Don't understand what was your point about mentioning that fact. Skarner and Morde were among the first in the class changes to receive them so it's understandable that the first champions might've missed the mark as it was Riot's first attempt at doing it. And after a while, they did gather the data from their earlier work, which brings us back to outstanding champion VGUs, mentioning Fiora, Poppy, GP and now Warwick. Champions like Skarner and Mordekaiser were determined to be in need of a larger update, which they'll receive in due time. >Mid season 5 was fantastic! Nearly every single champion was a viable pick Don't believe you. League has never had a period where everything was viable. There was probably a period of time where the most champions were viable, though.
> [{quoted}](name=Elikain,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AXXRyjTm,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2017-01-12T00:26:32.556+0000) > League has never had a period where everything was viable. > There was probably a period of time where the most champions were viable, though. That was patch 5.15. Right before the Juggernaut update. The only problematic champions at that point in the game were {{champion:67}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:41}}{{champion:268}} , since it was the patch that nerfed Cinderhulk into a good spot, and even then {{champion:79}} and {{champion:268}} weren't that difficult to deal with while {{champion:41}} and {{champion:67}} were banned every game so you never saw them. And even if you DID see them, there were at least multiple options to deal with them. Bans were based on what champions your team was going to play, not eliminating all of the power picks and then picking the rest like the game is now. Every other champion was in a solid spot except for {{champion:20}} {{champion:44}} and {{champion:28}} , and these guys would STILL have a better opportunity to win and provide for a team compared to the lowest tier of champions during the last year. Class updates and Keystones for the sake of "Meaningful choices" is another bullshit excuse for Riot to swap champions in and out of the top tier of power for professional diversity and making the most money. The reason why they buffed the damage classes all to hell and nerfed the tanks is because there are more people out there who play mostly the damage classes compared to the tanks/supports, and if those classes are on the stronger side, Riot believes that the game will be better overall and they will make more money out of it. Supports are strong because having strong enablers makes playing the damage classes that much more enjoyable, since you won't be dying as often as before and you can be more careless while still demolishing a team.
: They push torwards jungler ganking, because they don't like those powerfarm times (Remember Devourer Yi?). Sure, they pushed it torwards that way of lots of ganks, but it doesn't mean they're completely against the idea of ganking now that there are problems.
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Mercy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6EEOM3RE,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2017-01-07T22:01:34.949+0000) > > They push torwards jungler ganking, because they don't like those powerfarm times (Remember Devourer Yi?). Sure, they pushed it torwards that way of lots of ganks, but it doesn't mean they're completely against the idea of ganking now that there are problems. And now they are changing the jungle again so that ganking isn't going to happen as often, while at the same time buffing Yi because he is weak right now. A Yi resurgence is on its way.
: Pretty sure Riot isn't looking for a necessarily "balanced" game, but one that's always changing. They want to constantly change the meta in order to keep it from getting stale.
> [{quoted}](name=Zethera Densetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6EEOM3RE,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-01-06T19:17:41.548+0000) > > Pretty sure Riot isn't looking for a necessarily "balanced" game, but one that's always changing. They want to constantly change the meta in order to keep it from getting stale. You nailed it. This is exactly it. In the beginning they wanted a game where you could pick any champion and succeed with them (kinda like HotS or DotA), but their ~~desire~~ obsession to be different from DotA forced the game into a series of swapping champions in and out of the top tier. They want top-tier diversity, not universal diversity. The part that really angers me, however, is that they routinely lie to us about it.
: I Know The Game Is Far From Balanced Right Now But.....
They change splash arts upon community request because they know they will make more money off of the skin if they do so. Riot has not legitimately cared for us as players for the last 4 years, only as customers.
: but heroes of the storm is a good game
> [{quoted}](name=Dunkin Darius,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zmOtN0Jh,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-12-31T06:16:11.057+0000) > > but heroes of the storm is a good game And has also been a better designed game since it was released.
dominusx (EUNE)
: Game right now is in a state
This has been an ongoing problem with this game for the last 3 years. Riot believes that a good game design is one that consists of tiers of champions while rotating champions in and out of the top tier. They don't care about balance, they care about who is in what tier and for how long. For example, they nerfed Ziggs so hard that he is almost unplayable so he wouldn't be played Season 5 at the professional level, while also buffing Viktor so he would take Ziggs' place.
excodar (NA)
: Don't You Love When You Get Autofilled and The Role You Wanted Goes 4/11?
I can't change your mind or perspective on the matter, I realize that, but people are going to be out of their comfort zones in this game when they practice a new champion or role. It happens all the time. If you let your experience be ruined by forces outside of your control, which is the main reason why people hate this system, your experience declines. We become better teammates and players when we stop attacking people for having rough games and stop letting their game ruin ours. Most of our learning occurs when we are out of our comfort zones. This system is not bad at all. It may make you unhappy, but that's an attitude and perspective issue.
excodar (NA)
: Don't You Love When You Get Autofilled and The Role You Wanted Goes 4/11?
You can't guarantee that you would have done better than the person who was in the role you wanted. Riot put the Autofill system into place because not enough people were playing support and the queue times were too long trying to find someone who queued up for the support role. This system is actually a really good system overall. If you don't like playing support, that's fine, but this is a team game and you have to be able to play it as such. Also, someone who only plays 1-2 roles is not a good League of Legends player, they are a good player in those roles. A good League of Legends player plays all 5 roles in the game. Autofill forces people out of their comfort zones and helps make them better players.
: Honestly, Hecarim, Lee and Zac all need some prettt decent nerfs right now
Lee Sin is really strong right now because of the changes to armor pen and stealth. He does have high early game damage, but he falls off pretty hard later in the game to the point where he is just an Ult-Bot. It is hard to deal with him early for many champions simply because they don't have the same level of power in the first 10 minutes compared to him. But that doesn't make him worthy of nerfs. I see more Lee Sin players struggle to be effective these days compared to season 4. Hecarim is in the same ballpark as Lee, but instead it was the changes to Trinity Force and Ghost and the addition of CotC that made him stronger. He doesn't fall off as hard as Lee, but he doesn't have the damage to really do anything against a coordinated team in a late-game teamfight. Nerfs to CotC will put him in a good spot. Zac complaints actually confuse me. If he fails a single gank he falls way behind and his damage after the 15 minute mark is abysmal unless he goes with AP items, and if he goes with an AP item or two he is sacrificing tank stats, making him easier to kill. And if you see Zac on the other team just pick Alistar or Thresh. They can completely prevent him from hitting your team. He isn't nearly as bad as he was in season 3. He is impactful, sure, but I don't think nerfing him is the right call. CotC nerfs will fix him, for the most part. All 3 of these guys also really benefit from the experience cheese that you get from Krugs more so than most other junglers. Once they fix that I think a lot of the problems with them will go away.
: Top 3 mythical creatures
Are you trying to tell me that Dragons and Unicorns don't exist?
Wuks (NA)
: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! (+ Elementalist Lux Giveaway?)
Happy Thanksgiving! Aside from the standards (family, friends, a roof over my head, etc, all of which I am incredibly thankful for) I am truly thankful for 2 things in particular. First, my father and his health. over the last 11 years he has been incredibly sick with an Autoimmune disorder that has yet to be identified, and it has been slowly deteriorating his health over time. In the last month he has finally started to show improvements to some new medicines and treatments and has been better in the last week than he has been for over a year. I am incredibly thankful that he is doing so much better, and that he has begun to win the battle against this disorder. Second, my students and co-teachers. A year ago I began to volunteer at a middle school as a assistant band director and math tutor. This opportunity has helped me realize that I want to be a teacher, and as a result I have started going to school to be just that, and I was offered a job at the school as an EA until I get my teaching degree, and afterwards I will become the new band teacher. The kids are wonderful and have been improving so much since I have arrived, and every day I wake up I am excited to work with them and it is it best feeling in the world. I also choose the number 73, which is the best number (according to Dr. Sheldon Cooper).
Crett (NA)
: Whenever Riot comes out with a new champ I die a little inside
They do it to prevent another explosion of "Assassins building defense and still killing people in less than one spell rotation". They are also trying to prevent the chaos that was January-March of Season 5, where the meta was 3 tanks, a utility mid, and a carry. It's to make playing tanks a tactical choice rather than having it be the same every game. That issue that comes up is that tanks become utterly useless when there is too much %hp/true damage running around, and it isn't helping that they keep adding these mechanics into more and more kits. If they took a break from that for a while we wouldn't have any drawbacks.
: To my jungler that forgot smite
I may have a different opinion compared to most, but you should have taken the potential loss rather than have him AFK. It was his choice, but he probably did it thinking that you guys wouldn't be mad at him or blame him for a loss. However, you guys should have taken the loss and the loss of LP instead of having him AFK because he lost all of his ranked rewards from past seasons, plus he lost the opportunity to get rewards this season, plus he lost a massive amount of LP, and he got placed in a low priority queue for a high amount of games. Though I respect him for making the choice, he should have just played the game regardless. He would've had less of a loss.
LeagueL (NA)
: Black Alistar, King Rammus!!!!
If you notice in screenshots 7 and 10, the response from Riot is the exact same. Word for word, punctuation, right down to the same size of text response (in other words if you put one on top of the other, it would be a perfect match). They were automating their responses in these two cases, so who's to say they didn't automate more of them. You were arguing with a bot at some points in this entire scenario. They didn't even take the time to write out some of their responses. Ridiculous.
Elisheva (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rubbery Skrub,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MzvrIcAp,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2016-09-11T21:20:58.885+0000) > > I'm hyper sensitive when the deaths of millions are trivialized. Don't worry, so is a lot of the internet.
> [{quoted}](name=Deiformis Ira,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MzvrIcAp,comment-id=000100020004,timestamp=2016-09-12T17:43:12.290+0000) > > Don't worry, so is a lot of the internet. Rightfully so, considering it isn't something to laugh or joke about at all.
: >Would you feel the same way if it was about a club named Crus4dor? Or Mao Zed0ng? Or STALlN? Are you actually trying to say that the Crusades were on the same level as the Holocaust? Because if you are you need to get educated like right now...In fact, the crusades did a lot more good for the world than harm, and that's true for both sides. Unless you're talking about a different crusade, ofc, but as far as I know, the only crusade that is known by that name are the Christian attempts to retake Jerusalem.
> [{quoted}](name=MonkeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MzvrIcAp,comment-id=0001000200010001,timestamp=2016-09-12T07:02:54.140+0000) > > the crusades did a lot more good for the world than harm That is your opinion, and one that isn't shared by many who aren't Christian, and even so, many Christians don't agree with it (if they even know about it in the first place).
Xeruon (NA)
: {{champion:1}} * Has a simple, easy to learn kit. * Isn't overloaded * Counters hyper-mobile champions, which are usually the ones with overloaded kits {{champion:25}} * Simple Kit, easy to learn * Shuts down hard pushes, mobile champions, and CC engages Granted, champion picks aren't counterplay but I still felt like mentioning this.
> Granted, champion picks aren't counterplay but I still felt like mentioning this. Counter-picking is the first step to counterplay. I don't get why people say it isn't. Counterplay is using what is available to you to give yourself an advantage and shut down another champion, and counter-picking is exactly that.
ßoy (NA)
: What is everyones favorite thing about their main?
{{champion:99}} I'm a sucker for light mages, in any game Her kit caters to my preferred mage playstyle perfectly Her personality radiates intelligence and a positive attitude She was the second champion I played {{champion:78}} She is absolutely adorable She always positive and friendly Her story is the definition of Dramatic Irony, and that's epic Her joke delivery skills mimic mine
: That Rageblade... why...
> [{quoted}](name=Raid Boss Morde,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=EEoKJVUb,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2016-06-13T06:15:48.954+0000) > > That Rageblade... why... To get all 3 instances of the Q out faster for more burst and faster nuke-age.
: Ergo, assassins should be feast or famine. So yes, I agree, not as much with Leblanc as I do with Shaco since I honestly believe Leblanc has too much mobility to be considered risky, Shaco has his mobility tied to his decieve and thus far clearer windows of weakness, than Leblanc who can chain dashes and dash resets. Why Riot ever got the idea to make assassins safe, or packed with utility is beyond me, the idea itself is fundamentally flawed and has created balancing nightmares out of this world all for the sake of a playstyle that just doesn't make any fucking sense. {{champion:105}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:238}}
> [{quoted}](name=SlaktarTasken,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ls2ewKOB,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2016-05-09T21:21:37.373+0000) > > Ergo, assassins should be feast or famine. > So yes, I agree, not as much with Leblanc as I do with Shaco since I honestly believe Leblanc has too much mobility to be considered risky, Shaco has his mobility tied to his decieve and thus far clearer windows of weakness, than Leblanc who can chain dashes and dash resets. > > Why Riot ever got the idea to make assassins safe, or packed with utility is beyond me, the idea itself is fundamentally flawed and has created balancing nightmares out of this world all for the sake of a playstyle that just doesn't make any fucking sense. > > {{champion:105}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:238}} Assassins are Feast or Famine. The issue lies with how easy it is to "Feast" on the other team. Every single assassin in the game, including the ones considered substantially weaker than their assassin buddies ({{champion:28}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:56}} to name a few) is an absolute terror when they get ahead. They dictate the entirety of the game. Their team plays around them and their ability to pick people off easily, and the enemy team has to base all of their decisions around where the fed assassin is on the map. However, too many assassins have too many tools to prevent themselves from starving. A {{champion:238}} who is 0/7 in lane is pretty laughable and useless. Same with {{champion:7}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:245}}. The issue lies with how easy it is for most assassins to prevent themselves from not getting fed. Too high base states, too much utility, too many escape opportunities. That's the issue with assassins. It is too easy to "Feast" and too easy to prevent suffering from a "Famine".
: Zed got an item-based buff, but...
I'm confused, what about Zed needs to be fixed in the first place?
: Do you remember all your pentakills? I don't!
About a year and a half ago I created a Google.doc with a list of all of my pentakills. At the point that I made it I didn't have very many under my belt, so starting the list was easy, and now whenever I get one it's just a click away.
Rioter Comments
ßoy (NA)
: Free Boards signatures for anyone who wants one :)
I would love one! Lux is my favorite champion hands down. Would love a Lux themed signature :3 Maybe her baton for the "i"? The rest is up to your creative mind ^^
Jasiwel (NA)
: 40 second death timers at 23 minutes are not okay.
The game is different now. Death timers before really didn't matter all that much until very late into the game. Now they mean more a lot earlier. That's not a bad thing, it's different than what it has been for years. That's the issue with everyone this season; the game has changed enough so that we aren't as familiar anymore. That's not a bad thing. Every complaint about towers, death timers, and gold progression just translates to "I don't like how the game is because it isn't what I'm used to, and instead of changing and adapting I'm just going to ask for it to be changed back to what I know and complain when it doesn't happen". Adapt. It's different, and it is definitely frustrating when things aren't going the way that they have in the past, but it doesn't mean the changes are bad.
Show more

Adanim

Level 188 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion