Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Add3PT (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2zAttQz7,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-09T06:42:46.515+0000) > > Two replies in one. First of all, no LCS is not where "committed player's tournaments" are. There are thousands of players that will never play in LCS but still want a tournament game mode. Furthermore, why does someone *have* to be that skilled to get into these committed tournaments? You can "guarantee" all you want but the abundance of "low rank tryhard tournaments" for lack of a better name proves your guarantee is completely wrong. > > **** > Well, for one, the chance someone breaks their wrist "wacking it" is next to none. And what happens? You substitute someone before the tournament starts. If one of your team members is so stupid to do something that causes them to have to drop out in the middle of the tournament, that's on them and the team leader for managing the team improperly. Clash is a one day tournament - team changes are allowed in between days, simply not in between games. If you can't have someone commit to 3 hours, don't let them on your Clash team that weekend - plain and simple. And if something *does* happen in the middle (very very rare anyway) that someone absolutely must leave, then a substitute is not likely to fix that problem. > > Keep in mind this - substitutes would *never* be allowed to be on multiple teams - i.e. you would have to find someone that is willing to **completely forego Clash for a day on the off chance you need them to substitute**. The only people who would be doing that are those not committed enough in the first place anyway, so there's no sense in it being implemented. Well we aren't talking about that. Somebody above implied that clash outside of beta will not have swapable teamates outside of tournament days, and that was how it was intended. I also agree that you should not allow swaps in between games. A bit of miscommunication there it seems. But yes, LCS is ONE place that committed players tournaments form. If they can't make it into LCS there are other options. When I used to play in S4 and S5 there were tournaments for all skill level players and rito used to actually give them hundreds of thousands of RP in order to support those tourneys in the form of prize pools. As far as I know, they discontinued supporting those at the end of S5. That being said I'm almost positive there are junior pro and low level tournament options out there that are more restrictive on rosters.
> [{quoted}](name=Add3PT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2zAttQz7,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-12-09T07:19:12.746+0000) > > When I used to play in S4 and S5 there were tournaments for all skill level players and rito used to actually give them hundreds of thousands of RP in order to support those tourneys in the form of prize pools. As far as I know, they discontinued supporting those at the end of S5. That being said I'm almost positive there are junior pro and low level tournament options out there that are more restrictive on rosters. The name of the organizer was Victorious Gaming (VG)
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Add3PT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2zAttQz7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-09T06:33:07.857+0000) > > At the end of the day, LCS is where the committed player's tournaments are. There are also high level pro junior tourneys out there. I'm sure there are also third party tournament brackets (I know there used to be). The fact of the matter is that tier IV players (iron-gold) have absolutely no incentive or reason to be so committed that they prioritize their gold 4 elo games over their family/work lives. If you are the type of person that wants that, I guarantee you're a needle in a hay stack. Two replies in one. First of all, no LCS is not where "committed player's tournaments" are. There are thousands of players that will never play in LCS but still want a tournament game mode. Furthermore, why does someone *have* to be that skilled to get into these committed tournaments? You can "guarantee" all you want but the abundance of "low rank tryhard tournaments" for lack of a better name proves your guarantee is completely wrong. **** Well, for one, the chance someone breaks their wrist "wacking it" is next to none. And what happens? You substitute someone before the tournament starts. If one of your team members is so stupid to do something that causes them to have to drop out in the middle of the tournament, that's on them and the team leader for managing the team improperly. Clash is a one day tournament - team changes are allowed in between days, simply not in between games. If you can't have someone commit to 3 hours, don't let them on your Clash team that weekend - plain and simple. And if something *does* happen in the middle (very very rare anyway) that someone absolutely must leave, then a substitute is not likely to fix that problem. Keep in mind this - substitutes would *never* be allowed to be on multiple teams - i.e. you would have to find someone that is willing to **completely forego Clash for a day on the off chance you need them to substitute**. The only people who would be doing that are those not committed enough in the first place anyway, so there's no sense in it being implemented.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2zAttQz7,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-09T06:42:46.515+0000) > > Two replies in one. First of all, no LCS is not where "committed player's tournaments" are. There are thousands of players that will never play in LCS but still want a tournament game mode. Furthermore, why does someone *have* to be that skilled to get into these committed tournaments? You can "guarantee" all you want but the abundance of "low rank tryhard tournaments" for lack of a better name proves your guarantee is completely wrong. > > **** > Well, for one, the chance someone breaks their wrist "wacking it" is next to none. And what happens? You substitute someone before the tournament starts. If one of your team members is so stupid to do something that causes them to have to drop out in the middle of the tournament, that's on them and the team leader for managing the team improperly. Clash is a one day tournament - team changes are allowed in between days, simply not in between games. If you can't have someone commit to 3 hours, don't let them on your Clash team that weekend - plain and simple. And if something *does* happen in the middle (very very rare anyway) that someone absolutely must leave, then a substitute is not likely to fix that problem. > > Keep in mind this - substitutes would *never* be allowed to be on multiple teams - i.e. you would have to find someone that is willing to **completely forego Clash for a day on the off chance you need them to substitute**. The only people who would be doing that are those not committed enough in the first place anyway, so there's no sense in it being implemented. Well we aren't talking about that. Somebody above implied that clash outside of beta will not have swapable teamates outside of tournament days, and that was how it was intended. I also agree that you should not allow swaps in between games. A bit of miscommunication there it seems. But yes, LCS is ONE place that committed players tournaments form. If they can't make it into LCS there are other options. When I used to play in S4 and S5 there were tournaments for all skill level players and rito used to actually give them hundreds of thousands of RP in order to support those tourneys in the form of prize pools. As far as I know, they discontinued supporting those at the end of S5. That being said I'm almost positive there are junior pro and low level tournament options out there that are more restrictive on rosters.
Add3PT (NA)
: Adding Alternates for Clash
At the end of the day, LCS is where the committed player's tournaments are. There are also high level pro junior tourneys out there. I'm sure there are also third party tournament brackets (I know there used to be). The fact of the matter is that tier IV players (iron-gold) have absolutely no incentive or reason to be so committed that they prioritize their gold 4 elo games over their family/work lives. If you are the type of person that wants that, I guarantee you're a needle in a hay stack.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2zAttQz7,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T18:44:48.891+0000) > > At the end of the day that just means you want exclusivity. Unfortunately for you, this is a business you’re dealing with, not the olympics, and the players are people, customers, with real lives. What will happen is Riot will do whatever brings them the most money. Unfortunately for you, that tends to be what keeps the most customers happiest. > > You keep using phrases like “want” and “commit” but you don’t seem to _want_ to realize or accept that a lot of people may _want_ to play, they may even _commit_ to playing, but the end result may be that they cannot keep the commitment. When there needs to be 5 people coordinating to make this happen, the probability of such a person being on a team increases significantly. This doesn’t just make that one person feel bad, it makes their whole team feel bad. It doesn’t just make it inconvenient for that one person, it makes it inconvenient for the whole team. > > You don’t _want_ to accept it, but other people may _want_ something but have other _serious real life issues_ come up. I know it’s hard to understand that I could be called into the hospital without prior notice. Or that one of my friend’s might have an issue come up at the fab. That’s not “[lack of commitment],” and that’s not a lack of desire to participate in the whole of clash. That’s a _need_ and our society runs on _needs_, without them, you wouldn’t be able to play out your _wants_. > > TL;DR: your desire for exclusivity doesn’t exceed other peoples’ desire to participate/desire for ease of access. People have real life responsibilities that could even mean lives on the line, trying to deny them their own personal lives/fun because you think they didn’t “want to commit,” is a _real show of character_. Trying to deny other people convenience that would not serve to harm you in any way just because you want exclusivity could only be said to be selfish for lack of a better, more intense synonym. Not every product a business offers will be tailored to every one of their customers. As an example - airlines offer first class, business class, premium economy, "extra legroom economy", regular economy, basic economy... do you really think they're trying to get every customer with every single product? No. That's why they offer multiple products, to appeal to multiple customer bases. There are many players who prefer to play in a competitive manner - they may *only* play League to play in third party run tournaments with full teams of 5. They don't want blind matching. They don't want the "for fun" modes of ranked/normal games. They want a mode that is truly competitive - that every single person in the mode is there to win. That is a very sizable population - and there have been many posts over the years of people who leave the game simply because there *isn't* a mode such as Clash. You are not the customer Riot is attempting to get with Clash. Period. You need to accept that in life there will be products that simply are not designed for you. Not every product is going to be designed for you. If Riot makes it more appealing to you by making substitutions in/out every game a possibility, then Riot is making it *less* appealing to those who want a true "competitive tournament" game mode. Just because you *want* this does not mean that Riot is going to give it to you at the expense of not giving these other players what *they* want. In fact, it appears that **you** are the one who desires exclusivity - you desire that everything is exclusively crafted to be as appealing as possible to **you** - regardless of what others care about/want.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2zAttQz7,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T18:58:06.855+0000) > > Not every product a business offers will be tailored to every one of their customers. As an example - airlines offer first class, business class, premium economy, "extra legroom economy", regular economy, basic economy... do you really think they're trying to get every customer with every single product? No. That's why they offer multiple products, to appeal to multiple customer bases. > > There are many players who prefer to play in a competitive manner - they may *only* play League to play in third party run tournaments with full teams of 5. They don't want blind matching. They don't want the "for fun" modes of ranked/normal games. They want a mode that is truly competitive - that every single person in the mode is there to win. That is a very sizable population - and there have been many posts over the years of people who leave the game simply because there *isn't* a mode such as Clash. > > You are not the customer Riot is attempting to get with Clash. Period. You need to accept that in life there will be products that simply are not designed for you. Not every product is going to be designed for you. If Riot makes it more appealing to you by making substitutions in/out every game a possibility, then Riot is making it *less* appealing to those who want a true "competitive tournament" game mode. > > Just because you *want* this does not mean that Riot is going to give it to you at the expense of not giving these other players what *they* want. In fact, it appears that **you** are the one who desires exclusivity - you desire that everything is exclusively crafted to be as appealing as possible to **you** - regardless of what others care about/want. I don't see how not allowing subs is unappealing for anybody? What happens when one of your team members breaks his wrist wacking it (let's be honest, more likely to happen that way in the LoL playerbase) 30 minutes before your tourney starts and you have to find a sub. You'd be upset if your team was on a high winning streak. If you claim you wouldn't want subs in that situation then you are probably just arguing for argument's sake...
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2zAttQz7,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T16:16:54.659+0000) > > ??? The current clash every day **is** it’s own thing. And Clash isn’t designed to be something everyone participates every day in. > > I’m at a conference right now and barely was able to participate yesterday because it was the first day so not much will be going on. I’ll be lucky if I’m able to participate the rest of this cup. I _know_. However, the plans for clash _originally_ were to make it something you need to participate in _every time_ with _no substitutions_. If you wanted to keep going but one of your teammates was missing the next week, your options were to _give up_ or _kick your teammate and replace him, after which he would lose all the rewards he had built up_. And as it stands that clash design is what Riot will be going with after this _clash global BETA_. These rules are _specific to this beta_ and will not be instated for the official launch, hence all the more reason OP’s request is important.
> [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2zAttQz7,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T16:28:26.715+0000) > > I _know_. However, the plans for clash _originally_ were to make it something you need to participate in _every time_ with _no substitutions_. If you wanted to keep going but one of your teammates was missing the next week, your options were to _give up_ or _kick your teammate and replace him, after which he would lose all the rewards he had built up_. And as it stands that clash design is what Riot will be going with after this _clash global BETA_. These rules are _specific to this beta_ and will not be instated for the official launch, hence all the more reason OP’s request is important. So this one of style is going to be removed after beta? I feel like the beta should reflect the real deal so that they might see how big of an issue it is ;-;
Rioter Comments
rujitra (NA)
: AFAIK they made a change after the very *first* Clash to make them "one day cups". You don't get any increased prizes for playing more than one day - you simply get a second chance. Yep. Just confirmed that each tournament bracket is its own thing - changing teams between days is completely allowed and doing so does not hurt you in any way. As such, all you have to do is ensure that your team is available for 3 or so continuous hours (for 3 or so games in a bracket) and that's that. There really isn't any need for alternates.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2zAttQz7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-08T07:02:30.287+0000) > > AFAIK they made a change after the very *first* Clash to make them "one day cups". You don't get any increased prizes for playing more than one day - you simply get a second chance. > > Yep. Just confirmed that each tournament bracket is its own thing - changing teams between days is completely allowed and doing so does not hurt you in any way. As such, all you have to do is ensure that your team is available for 3 or so continuous hours (for 3 or so games in a bracket) and that's that. There really isn't any need for alternates. Oh wow awesome, tysm dude. Couldn't find a lot of info on clash to be honest :/
Rioter Comments

Add3PT

Level 49 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion