: this community is great
So whats the summoner name you used in clash, just curious
: Clash - Great Game mode, not enough Tiers
Funnily enough, this issue was mentioned 4 months ago and received multiple feedbacks from similar players but was disregarded ([Link](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/E0GWydiR-clash-match-making-system?comment=0000) \). Currently the issue is that if you're a team full of low-elo players, you will be excluded from the entire Clash experience because Tier 4 is distributed around gold/high-silver players and Clash is STRICTLY tier based. So regardless of how similar of the ranking your team is as a Bronze player, you will ALWAYS be faced with gold/high-silver players in Tier 4.
: The only real details I can find about matchmaking in Clash seems like matchmaking goes beyond Tiers. This ([Link](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/E0GWydiR-clash-match-making-system?comment=0000) \) comment from a Rioter seems to indicate as much, anyway. It may just be that there weren't enough players for Clash to matchmake perfectly when people had issues. > I totally understand and feel your pain. Clash draws together so many different people, and with rolling start times its really hard to ensure even match making (you need a very large pool of people to evenly distribute the curve). You are right in that Riot has not said much about how matchmaking works, so I guess we aren't sure exactly how it works
> [{quoted}](name=Schlenkat,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=UIEATusg,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-08T04:34:38.862+0000) > > The only real details I can find about matchmaking in Clash seems like matchmaking goes beyond Tiers. This ([Link](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/E0GWydiR-clash-match-making-system?comment=0000) \) comment from a Rioter seems to indicate as much, anyway. It may just be that there weren't enough players for Clash to matchmake perfectly when people had issues. > Wrong, matchmaking is strictly tier based. Because there are not enough people in lower elo participating, Rioter said that it is harder to balance out people in low-elo due to distribution of the curve, hence a wide-range of players in Tier 4 is distributed around gold/high-silvers. > You are right in that Riot has not said much about how matchmaking works, so I guess we aren't sure exactly how it works It is already confirmed in FAQ that tiers are "bottom-weighted", and you will be matched with teams in the same tier. How matchmaking works is a non-trivial factor as the problem stands if a team full of low-elo players have to face against gold/high-silver players.
: Regardless of how Riot handles matchmaking in general, I'm talking about being the only Bronze player on a Gold team and ranting about being against Gold and P4 players. What kind of ranks would have been acceptable for a team of G1, G2, G2, G4, and B2?
Aight, seems like you don't understand it, and you keep going back on the 4 gold players talking point. Let's say you form a team full of bronze, and you will be placed in Tier 4, however Clash is tier based matchup which means your opponents will always going to be high-silver/gold. And that is substantially worse. So what's your point? It's not only about being the only bronze player in a gold team. Hypothetically if you form a team of bronzes, you're not going to have fun in Clash.
: I think matchmaking is working properly. Your teammates here were G1, G2, G2, and G4. Riot has said *many* times that matchmaking will be weighted toward the best players on your team. The enemy players were never above P4, which is very reasonable for a team that's mostly G1 and G2. If you want Clash to be closer to your skill level, find a Clash team that's closer to your skill level.
You do realize we're matched against teams based on Tiers, not our mmr right? I understand that our mmr determines the tier we are in, but regardless of team's rank, if you're in Tier 4 bracket as a low-elo palyer you are basically screwed. Period.
: CLASH IS A JOKE AND NOT A GOOD ONE
I agree, I'm bronze for 5 seasons and this is something that low-elo players have to go through today. It's either you get lucky or you get absolutely dominated by gold players. I've already submitted a ticket to propose a new Tier 5 or balance the tiers so that gold players play in Tier 3. edit: typo
Rioter Comments

Admiral 3edn

Level 130 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion