: Also typical of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about to use a lot of words to say absolutely nothing. Better is quite clear in this case: less likely to cause an accident. For the game, it's less likely to lose. You're right that it makes your mind wander, but wrong that it only happens during actions that would normally do so. It's more dangerous because your mind will wander when you need to be paying attention. You can go on with your actual hate speech without even having any indication that I'm a man. "but I'll let your own demonstrated complete lack of nuance on the topic speak for itself."
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=000000030001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T00:04:06.425+0000) > > Better is quite clear in this case: less likely to cause an accident. That's one of the parameters yes, but considering most people have never gotten into a consequential accident even once in their life, "well they've never crashed" isn't the first thing anyone thinks when they're trying to determine if their friend is a good driver. Again, your lack of nuance gives your though processes zero real-world application. > You'e right that it makes your mind wander, but wrong that it only happens during actions that would normally do so. It's more dangerous because your mind will wander when you need to be paying attention. This simply isn't true for most people if they're focused on the game. If you're claiming otherwise, you're literally arguing that the huge number of people out there who play very well while high don't exist, or you're claiming that all of these people have only ever played while high so they don't have a point of reference, which is completely absurd, and is exactly where your lack of nuance lands you every single time you try and make a point here. I called it mansplaining because almost all of the same characteristics still apply. You only choosing to address the only one that didn't is totally petty/pedantic.
: Can I have LP back if riot acknowledges someone threw my game?
Issues like this would affect everyone equally more or less, so your MMR is more likely to be correctly represented without a bunch of hand-holder systems that can be exploited like that in place. I'm on board with things being as consistently fair as possible for the individual, but only if it actually results in a more accurate MMR, which I don't think this kind of a safeguard would actually achieve. Remaking already has a very specific set of criteria that need to be filled out, and the only reason that works is because it happens right near the start of the game before we start actually scribbling on the board.
: So when did they change Master Yi to be able to outright IGNORE stuns and knockups?
> [{quoted}](name=GentlemanGhidora,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=jYA2L0X7,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-20T02:10:02.318+0000) > > I just got out of a game where an enemy Master Yi was, as the title suggests, ignore every bit of hard cc we threw at him. Like, for example, I would knock him up and as the VERY FIRST LITTLE PIXEL of him starts to rise up from the knockup, he Q's, does full damage to me, then autos me twice and I'm dead. Our Yuumi was able to, in countless team fights, able to hit every single wave of her ult on him (and he wasn't even ult'ing, himself), yet his character would pause for an absolute micro-second, barely noticeable but it still hit, and he'd just Q whatever was nearby (sometimes champs, sometimes minions), and kill everything. I bet if you recorded the replay, those numbers would be a little different. {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} Quantum physics, man
: > [{quoted}](name=VolatileAkali,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-20T11:32:13.614+0000) > > That is a minuscule amount of people. But if someone is regularly feeding while admitting his high. They should get chat restricted or a 2 week banned. lol chat restriction lmfao hahahaha what?
> [{quoted}](name=Original Sin,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=000100000003,timestamp=2019-05-20T23:15:53.803+0000) > > lol chat restriction lmfao hahahaha > > what? Just people who haven't yet grown out of their lalalala fear for plants the media gave them
: Kinda typical of someone who doesn't know how the drugs actually effect performance on coordination tasks to say, "nah man I'm totally a better driver when I'm high." It's extremely childish to used the experience of feeling fine WHILE under the influence as your argument.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=0000000300010000,timestamp=2019-05-20T22:28:35.036+0000) > > Kinda typical of someone who doesn't know how the drugs actually effect performance on coordination tasks to say, "nah man I'm totally a better driver when I'm high." > > It's extremely childish to used the experience of feeling fine WHILE under the influence as your argument. The reason video games are pretty good when you're high is because video games are made to require as little physical movement as possible. Being high also doesn't really affect physical coordination that much, especially when all you're doing is piddling your fingers on QWER and moving your mouse a few centimetres around a mouspad that you know better than the back of your own hand. Additionally, even to take this to an extreme: there's nothing to suggest one couldn't be a better driver when they're high. It's illegal because we just need everyone on the same page at all times on the road, but you're still just throwing words around without properly defining them. "Better" means what in this scenario, less likely to slip up and flip the car over? More polite/closer to the speed limit? There are a million different parameters that can determine how "good" someone is at driving, and it's perfectly reasonable to assume any of these traits could be either enhanced or inhibited by your physiological response to the drug. For most people, driving is a nearly mindless activity that invites your mind to wander, which is dangerous if you're high. Playing League is the exact opposite of that, hence why any enhancements you get from the drug are actually able to be put to good use there. [removed by moderation]
: Well, no. If you're going to go into a game knowing you'll be inting, you can''t make that excuse. When you do something stupid under the influence, you pay the consequences. "No officer, I was just drunk," isn't an excuse. You don't wanna get in trouble for smoking, play a game where there aren't rules against assisting the enemy players.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=0000000300020001,timestamp=2019-05-20T22:25:51.821+0000) > > Well, no. > > If you're going to go into a game knowing you'll be inting, you can''t make that excuse. > > When you do something stupid under the influence, you pay the consequences. "No officer, I was just drunk," isn't an excuse. > > You don't wanna get in trouble for smoking, play a game where there aren't rules against assisting the enemy players. Who said anything about knowing you'll be inting beforehand? If the problem at hand was caused by them being drunk, yes. If it wasn't, then it's a bad analogy because driving while drunk is illegal regardless if it was related to the incident. Just because it's illegal while driving doesn't mean it should also be disallowed during League.
: Holy fucking shit this guy is fucking stupid. OMFG i didnt know these people existed, you hear about them. WOW. So you are saying that eating a banana is impressive? Because you know, its subjective so someone somewhere could believe that it is, so then it is? ... smh > I cant say that I'm just as good as a team because we both couldnt beat the same opponent. Because that's just a brash assumption. But this is literally my fucking point u inbred holy fucking shit i must keep myself from reading your absolutely crazy stupid shit MIND FUCKING BLOWN IM NOT EVEN JOKING {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
> [{quoted}](name=5ogtredveogheit,realm=EUW,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=TxAucn08,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:51:41.355+0000) > So you are saying that eating a banana is impressive? Because you know, its subjective so someone somewhere could believe that it is, so then it is? ... smh If the objective was staying alive and you had a choice between harvesting a banana and a dragon, it's probably safer to eat the banana, even though the dragon is more difficult and spectacular. I am allowed to be equally as impressed with their decision-making ability to choose the banana given how much better of a decision it was given the objective at hand, assuming the choice to be flashy and kill the dragon was a tempting one. The banana isn't necessarily Garen, but let's say it is in the context of it being a good pick given the team comp or matchup. Are you now going to tell me I'm not allowed to determine what I'm impressed by? Or is your fascination for fast-paced outplays (as opposed to the "slow-paced" outplay of playing garen under tower against someone who would really like it if you didn't play garen under tower) the only kind that matters?
dboy225 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Demon King Maou,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KYUeQk5E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-18T02:08:45.079+0000) > > Nice try, guy. > > ... > I struggle with this myself and have come very close to perma bans a couple times from me finally snapping and chewing out my team. > > Truly, I am sorry to hear you lost all of the progress my friend. Especially when you spend that much on the game over the years silently supporting it and hoping that **One Day** They'll fix matchmaking or atleast make a que exclusively for these players instead of allowing it to go unchecked and entice nice people down a dark and lonely road to self annihilation. > > Over the years i've lost several friends to this fate and they never returned out of newfound spite for the game and it's community. > https://66.media.tumblr.com/76b749ccf30071620a66b2ce1fd3f9de/tumblr_mlbb91MUJa1s5jjtzo1_500.gif i said something like that before... they need to make a mode for people who are willing to pay a subscription to play. because if people are spending some of their hard earned dollars on it to play. i believe that alone would drastically reduce overall toxicity in that mode. and maybe the subscription fee would ensure the people paying for it that they will do more to remove people who go in to matches with the sole intention of starting shit with people instead of getting along and working together. i don't know maybe its just me... but i have never found it hard to keep my mouth shut in a match unless it was to try to just strike up casual and friendly conversation, but even that always ends up resulting in people getting butt hurt and trying to pick fights. in all my 5 years that i have played this game i never went out of my way to start shit with someone just because of how they were playing or just because they did something in the match that i didn't like. the only time i ever ever went off on people was to put them, and their dumb ass bully like ways in check. or to defend someone else that gets jumped on with the same stupid shit. and yeah after almost 5 years of off and on play and being lv 250. i have decided to put this game away for good myself. and have just been on the boards venting some of it. and trying to find other reasonable people who may understand.
> [{quoted}](name=dboy225,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KYUeQk5E,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-05-20T06:01:12.715+0000) > > i said something like that before... they need to make a mode for people who are willing to pay a subscription to play. because if people are spending some of their hard earned dollars on it to play. i believe that alone would drastically reduce overall toxicity in that mode. and maybe the subscription fee would ensure the people paying for it that they will do more to remove people who go in to matches with the sole intention of starting shit with people instead of getting along and working together. The problem is that that leaves the free game for any newcomers a toxic cesspit. Not the best idea probably. Creating any kind of a money divide in the gameplay department (who you play with) also, to me, isn't very ethical considering how popular the game is in poorer countries.
: kalistas ult yuumi does not want to be in the middle of the enemy adc and support for when the support chucker chucks u at them only way It would be beneficial for yuumi is if to save her but kalistias want to ult u in for the knockup
> [{quoted}](name=Bulletproof Car,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=niPATxdE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:46:57.581+0000) > > kalistas ult yuumi does not want to be in the middle of the enemy adc and support for when the support chucker chucks u at them > only way It would be beneficial for yuumi is if to save her but kalistias want to ult u in for the knockup Yuumi/Kalista is like a stupid long-range guaranteed engage though, not to mention you get a knockup + root.
NY64 (NA)
: Ranking chip brands
Really depends on the flavour for me, since some brands do some flavours a lot better than others. I can't even pick an order since my tastes are so balanced lol, but I probably end up with Ruffles, Dutch Crunch and Miss Vickey's as brands most often.
: > [{quoted}](name=Adsolution,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4m20WMXq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:11:18.660+0000) > > There is no MMR decay as far as I know, you just have to lose to fall. There is, at least in Ranked. If your LP drops your MMR is also dropping, I forget if it takes a week or a month but there is a timer on it and playing 1 game is enough to reset it. MMR works similarly in normal games so having an MMR decay sounds possible.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4m20WMXq,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:20:02.975+0000) > > There is, at least in Ranked. If your LP drops your MMR is also dropping, I forget if it takes a week or a month but there is a timer on it and playing 1 game is enough to reset it. MMR works similarly in normal games so having an MMR decay sounds possible. Ah okay, thanks for correcting.
Cloud273 (NA)
: RIP grumpy cat...
{{sticker:sg-janna}} {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
: It's pretty clear-cut if you admit to it. And if someone admits to it when it's not even true, then they're definitely stupid enough to warrant a ban anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:19:29.343+0000) > And if someone admits to it when it's not even true, then they're definitely stupid enough to warrant a ban anyway. That literally makes no sense. Weed is hip and it can be a funny and relatable thing to mention as a result, especially to lighten the mood if they're not playing well and happen to be high. Everyone who smokes knows it doesn't really matter for most people, so the anger/frustration on your part is just ignorance.
: It's pretty clear-cut if you admit to it. And if someone admits to it when it's not even true, then they're definitely stupid enough to warrant a ban anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:19:29.343+0000) > It's pretty clear-cut if you admit to it. Flat out wrong, unless you assert that being high has some kind of natural correlation with a decline in play quality, which it doesn't. Sobriety as a headstate for gaming isn't inherently more whole or superior. This entire thread relies on assuming this correlation, which is extremely childish to anyone with actual experience.
en2que (EUW)
: Why was Akali buffed on ARAM?
>Why was Akali buffed on ARAM? Because Riot has data and Akali doesn't have a 90% winrate on ARAM. I don't often see good Akalis on ARAM, so you're probably unlucky
: You might not be able to believe this but, impressive really isnt as subjective as you think. I'd say the best yardstick to measure by is what an average person finds difficult, if only a few humans are able to do it, its impressive. And by that, impressive isnt subjective. Some things are objectively more impressive than others. 2 rally drivers, one in your old skoda and one in my fresh as fuck 06 modded to 300bhp gti, They cross the finish line at the same time. Because, the skoda driver was really good at driving and the other guy just had a fast car. Im outplaying garen, and garen has his turret, so we come out of lane roughly even, except for the fb i took which made him hide like a bitch, and the crabs ive been stealing. I could say that im just as skillful as an incredible footballer because neither of us were able to defeat a certain team. Just because our actions lead to the same result, doesnt mean our skill level is equal. Doesnt really work like that. The fact of the matter is that, most of the time, pretty much all the time i would say, the garen simply realizes that shit, i cant do anything about this guy, better just play under turret, or he simply gets pushed in because he isnt able to walk up without being shit on. theres no intricate thought process behind his actions, its just the only option he has, given his skill level. Just because its possible for something to happen because someone is skilled doesnt mean it must happen only when someone is skilled. In this case it very rarely is because the garen is skilled. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} You guys...
> [{quoted}](name=5ogtredveogheit,realm=EUW,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=TxAucn08,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:06:28.352+0000) > > You might not be able to believe this but, impressive really isnt as subjective as you think. I'd say the best yardstick to measure by is what an average person finds difficult, if only a few humans are able to do it, its impressive. And by that, impressive isnt subjective. > > Some things are objectively more impressive than others. 2 rally drivers, one in your old skoda and one in my fresh as fuck 06 modded to 300bhp gti, They cross the finish line at the same time. Because, the skoda driver was really good at driving and the other guy just had a fast car. Im outplaying garen, and garen has his turret, so we come out of lane roughly even, except for the fb i took which made him hide like a bitch, and the crabs ive been stealing. > > I could say that im just as skillful as an incredible footballer because neither of us were able to defeat a certain team. Just because our actions lead to the same result, doesnt mean our skill level is equal. Doesnt really work like that. The fact of the matter is that, most of the time, pretty much all the time i would say, the garen simply realizes that shit, i cant do anything about this guy, better just play under turret, or he simply gets pushed in because he isnt able to walk up without being shit on. theres no intricate thought process behind his actions, its just the only option he has, given his skill level. Just because its possible for something to happen because someone is skilled doesnt mean it must happen only when someone is skilled. In this case it very rarely is because the garen is skilled. > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} > > You guys... You're not spitting logical truths like you keep saying you are, and you're projecting _really hard_, coming at this whole thing from a very narrow point of view. What's impressive to me is one's ability to calculate and win a game. If they knew picking Garen under tower into your [not garen under tower] will be the safest choice for them to win the game, and they win largely in part because of it, that's arguably impressive for sure. The term "game mechanics" is an umbrella term for anything you can do to affect the outcome of the game using the game itself. I'm like 100% sure you know you're eventually gonna end up talking yourself into a corner here. This is an argument as old as time itself, and I feel like you're not going to be the first one ever to debunk it.
camomonk (NA)
: Returning after 5+ years
There is no MMR decay as far as I know, you just have to lose to fall.
: I’m sorry Riot but you needs to fix your shit...
> sorry to break it to you {{sticker:sg-janna}} riot owned?? {{sticker:sg-janna}}
: Would you, as a new player, have continued playing this game if...
I have a powerful desktop and have very rarely had client issues there. Even on my GT 650 laptop they're uncommon. Am I just lucky squared or something? Sure, it lags and glitches here and there. but it's screwed me over at champ select maybe like 3 games ever out of thousands, in complete honesty. I started playing at the beginning of S8 and the vast majority of this still applies, so yes. The critical error thing in replays though - I only had that popping up a whole bunch after the last patch, so it'll probably be fixed very quickly. Almost never happened to me before, so I don't really think it's a worthy one to bring up.
: http://www.lol-wallpapers.com/artwork/female-draven-2/
> [{quoted}](name=Call Me Draven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7bmKIBsl,comment-id=0023,timestamp=2019-05-20T20:40:22.978+0000) > > http://www.lol-wallpapers.com/artwork/female-draven-2/ hey it's sivirivenjinx also we need a men thread pls. found 1 this whole thread and that isn't good enough alternatively, everyone post selfies
: PSA for those unaware of the rare weather situation today
We live in a beautiful soup vortex onion, just chilling at the bottom of a gas layer near the outside. The same kind of pressure that keeps us upright and lets us breathe and hear, with a little motivation, can tear us and anything we can dream up to shreds.
: Please do NOT buff Yuumi
Thank you for this thread. Finally, the only thread on the entire board where people actually understand this champion.
: Playing High/Drunk in Ranked should be bannable
I won't play ranked unless I'm high since I play better when I am. Maybe report me for not being high if I'm 2/15, right? "THEY ADMIT IT!" "they" is about as descriptive as incels are about women.
: Is Riot no longer supporting intel integrate graphics on a mac with bootcamp?
I have a 2012 MacBook Pro with Bootcamp as well, though I have a GT 650 in mine, and it runs better on macOS than it does on Windows for me (probably just worse Bootcamp Nvidia driver support). Unfortunately I can't test out disabling the 650 for you since I'm actually getting some data recovered on it, but I'm pretty much 100% sure it's an OS issue on your end, since it's still a generic 3rd gen Intel CPU. I've had friends get the error though, but it was never actually driver-related.
: Vote on Yuumi's difficulty
Personally I clicked with her instantly, and initially I'd have given her a 1, but after seeing a million Yuumi players hardly ever use her W to its full potential as an target remove/dash/positioning tool, I'll probably bump that up to a 2.
NWA6197 (NA)
: Am I being too dramatic? Because I am deep in my feelings right now.
I hope you get your account back since that's actual nonsense. Good luck.
: Taliyah passive VS Death dance
> [{quoted}](name=JP2PIRATTRZECI,realm=EUNE,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=W0z4x9up,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-19T09:07:50.966+0000) > if this works this way why does Summon Aeras/Comet dont proc? Aery (I think) can't proc Death's Dance (and vice versa, I think) since then they could endlessly proc each other due to Aery not having a set cooldown.
: I am talking aobut LP loss and gain dude. I did not say that in what I wrote but that is a lot of what I meant.
> [{quoted}](name=wickersmith,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ZPZE4TUo,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-19T02:53:57.863+0000) > > I am talking aobut LP loss and gain dude. I did not say that in what I wrote but that is a lot of what I meant. Alright, though I guess I'm still interested in hearing how you delt with the emotional stress part (my other question)
Rioter Comments
: I Got Chat Restricted too Many Times.
_"WHEN are they going to reward players for constant GOOD gameplay"_ That's exactly what the honour system is for - it's a teammate-decided reward for you, much like how reporting is the opposite - but you can't get the actual loot from being honoured if you have a restriction, which is the position you're in now. Riot prioritises your attitude over your gameplay. How did you deal with your "emotional stress" in-game while your chat restrictions were ongoing? The idea behind a chat restriction is that, in forcing you to live without chat for a while, you can hopefully figure out to deal with said emotional stress in other ways.
: Is this punishable?
If it's a tickable box in the report window, especially explicitly, yes. He inted/griefed, which are both explicitly tickable boxes, so yeah, definitely punishable. In her case, probably not the right decision, but definitely not punishable on its own.
: This I dont agree with this ban, My other Chat Bans I understand.
Combination of the amount you were writing and what you were writing. I'd have reported you, because not only did you directly insult your teammates, you kept it up for the whole game and had no interest in actually using the chat for what it's there for, and instead clogged it up. It might not seem that bad to you, but it's probably good to reevaluate what exactly "not bad enough to be ban-worthy" means when half the playerbase would never even go 10% as far as you did here.
: "Excuses" to Feed, Encounters.
A teammate once wrote in chat they just found out their dad died and then started feeding...
: To be able to enlarge the mini-maps even more
Whenever I edit the config files it still ends up clamped to 1.0 when I get in-game. Is that the case for anyone else? Really annoying seeing as half the time I'm playing on Windows with 200% scaling, and League's scaling does not seem to work properly on Windows (works perfectly on macOS though), resulting in unreadably tiny HUD elements. I have to fun fullscreen and turn the res down by half, which forces me to run the client in the smallest size too or else it breaks when coming out of fullscreen and I miss the post-game. Even by default, like the OP, I'd have the minimap bigger than the default size.
Hoosier1 (NA)
: Early Surrender
I understand the frustration with other users not answering your question in concept, though with how angry your first post came off ("some stupid reason") and how angry you got with others for not answering your questions, you're just strengthening their beliefs that you're asking because you would flame the FF'ers if you could. That's exactly how it looks to me too, and I 100% believe it. That's exactly why you weren't getting answers. Phrase the question differently next time and you won't get 11 downvotes.
: Do I deserve a punishment for this?
Most of that easily fits the definition of flaming, which is one of the directly reportable offenses, so yes.
Fasolasi (EUW)
: Top lane joke
Sounds like you should play Teemo/Vayne/MF/Riven top. I just read a thread about 0 seconds ago with someone saying they're super good and OP top-laners.
Kei143 (NA)
: Well, Yuumi's power is more subtle, so people don't feel the oomph as much as someone flashy like Leona or Blitz. No suprise that people don't appreciate her as much. You just need to get really good with her and it will shut people up. If you can control the laning phase and allow your ADC to free farm, then they won't complain. But please don't just stay attached to your bot laner partner firing off Qs and say you are helping. That essentially makes you a 1v2 bot lane and you lose out on alot of pressure.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=I1GrfTx6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-18T23:15:03.098+0000) > But please don't just stay attached to your bot laner partner firing off Qs and say you are helping. That essentially makes you a 1v2 bot lane and you lose out on alot of pressure. I'm kinda dumbfounded this is what I see a lot of Yuumis do. I love her kit because there are a number of unique things you can do with the ability to dash to a teammate and become untargetable, you just have to be a little creative or she'll feel kinda useless.
: Some playstyles of champs need to be removed.
AP Shyvanna is so funny I never want it to go away. I love the fact I actually see it now and then. My biggest problem are champions like Fiddle who aren't even good right now and rely on their E chunking out the enemy offscreen, and will still win fights on occasion due to the closest thing in the game amounting to RNG (barring Shaco, though they literally _just_ removed Shaco's RNG, so yo)
: GREAT GAME
> [{quoted}](name=hi im unreformed,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=fcmi4Zgc,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-18T12:55:34.285+0000) > oh, but you flame them? type one word that is deemed “toxic”? boom, instant chat restrict/ban. Huh, it's almost like it's nearly impossible in a lot of cases to tell a troll from someone who's playing really badly but trying without an eyewitness, and it's really, really easy to identify flaming in a reported chatlog.
Mistiya (NA)
: Releasing her in such a poor state has permanently ruined Yuumi's first impression.
Hey, this is great! I love playing her, usually getting my ADC ultra fed, and this just means people aren't going to be spam-picking her as often until they figure out how to use her properly. The fact you can be full health and pop out to tank skillshots on a dime is reaaaally good, and one of my favourite things about her, and can completely turn a fight around, not to mention her ult is basically a 100% unavoidable engage/disengage if you have flash. Also, you make up for the lack of auto range by being able to instantly stick to your ally and become untargetable. You're able to get a little bit closer and dip out on a dime. I agree her abilities deal too little damage, but that wasn't the biggest problem in the world to me except in some matchups.
AR URF (NA)
: I'm going to predict everyones experience for now and forever.
TT's about the map? Sounds like you don't don't respect TT. Let me tell you about TT, TT is a game of chance - you pray your team has less bots than the enemy's - and you just roll with what you've got. You're way, way cooler than Rift players, because you like that kind of thing.
: This is an OBJECTIVE BASED GAME. Game doesnt give a fuck how "fed" you are....
> [{quoted}](name=Freaktory,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=LAv1AwV5,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-18T21:09:13.160+0000) > Each kill you get does not magically destroy a tower for you. AB SOLUTE NONSENSE {{champion:142}} {{champion:142}} Last game, a few seconds after my 16th kill as Zoe support in 15 mins, their Nexus just blew the fuck up. {{champion:142}} {{champion:142}} Idk why but clearly your wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Paragon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KYUeQk5E,comment-id=00020001000100010000,timestamp=2019-05-18T19:11:16.869+0000) > > It sounds like you're flaming people you disagree with. Telling someone they're bad or incompetent or something similar hardly qualifies as flaming. > > Yet many people on this game view criticism as flame which seems to be a very poor definition of flame. In fact, I'm pretty sure calling criticism flame is meant to be pejorative in order to reduce the perceived legitimacy of what's being said. > > For example, on my main account I was in a game with all players in the plat 2-diamond 3 range. We had an adc who went 0/15. I told him he was a troll and wasting my time. I got a chat ban for that game. He was a diamond 3 player going 0/15. He was in fact trolling and he was in fact wasting my time. Yet undoubtedly you consider what I said to be flame because it was " aggressive". > > I understanding having a bad game, but double digit deaths with like 10% kill participation isn't having a bad game. It is deliberately destroying the game and calling someone out for doing it isn't "negative". We're not going to lose the game or ruin the game experience when somebody is running it down mid because we called them out on it. The game has already been ruined. The rest of us are just trying to come to terms with the frustration generated by a player who will probably escape the punishment system because Riot doesn't act on intentional feeding reports. > > But it's fine. Call me a flamer. .. Tons of people call it criticizing when in reality they've provided no corrective feedback whatsoever. And even if you are providing corrective feedback, the nice way is going to get you listened to more. It's also just nice. "I told him he was a troll and wasting my time." Case and point. Also, I doubt you were banned for saying **just** that. I mean, heck, you also got banned for only saying "GG better support wins" too. What luck, banned both times for exactly one phrase. They're a troll and venting your frustration is like giving them a pat on the back and telling them to keep doing their thing. Moving on is the best option. Most people don't bother flaming trolls, or each other for the matter. Riot's troll detection system is shit. Hiring people to look at it individual reports is asinine due to the sheer number of false reports. If anything, they should try and improve it, but that doesn't seem to be a focus for them. You're probably a flamer. You say you were banned for exactly one phrase (and have now said it twice) and that really seems a bold-faced lie. But if not, I'm sure the boards would just eat up those one phrase chat-logs so why not take the 5 minutes to request and post em later? Or maybe you already have? Link?
> [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KYUeQk5E,comment-id=000200010001000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-18T23:22:09.291+0000) > > .. > > Tons of people call it criticizing when in reality they've provided no corrective feedback whatsoever. And even if you are providing corrective feedback, the nice way is going to get you listened to more. It's also just nice. > > "I told him he was a troll and wasting my time." > Case and point. Also, I doubt you were banned for saying **just** that. I mean, heck, you also got banned for only saying "GG better support wins" too. What luck, banned both times for exactly one phrase. > > They're a troll and venting your frustration is like giving them a pat on the back and telling them to keep doing their thing. Moving on is the best option. Most people don't bother flaming trolls, or each other for the matter. > > Riot's troll detection system is shit. Hiring people to look at it individual reports is asinine due to the sheer number of false reports. If anything, they should try and improve it, but that doesn't seem to be a focus for them. > > You're probably a flamer. You say you were banned for exactly one phrase (and have now said it twice) and that really seems a bold-faced lie. But if not, I'm sure the boards would just eat up those one phrase chat-logs so why not take the 5 minutes to request and post em later? Or maybe you already have? Link? I agree. There is no context in which telling someone they're incompetent does not qualify as flaming, because it's unnecessary and, by definition, destructive. Pretty amazing how some people can go on forever without doing even a bit of 1+1=2, but a whole lot of 1+1=5=789.
Nice Try (NA)
: Thank you for the memories Riot Games Im sorry i couldnt improve and be less toxic. (Please Read)
I don't think permabans for anything said in chat make sense in concept. Penal systems are centred around reform, not karma/punishment, so I don't see how giving someone a 6 month chat restriction or something isn't waaay more helpful than a permaban, because then they'll be forced to play with no means of being toxic for a very long time. I got a 2-week ban a while ago (not for flaming, just saying goofy inappropriate stuff in All chat while drunk), and while, yeah, it did teach me not to ever do that kind of thing again, I don't really have much toxicity in me, and so that kind of thing worked, and I felt like I deserved it. For people like the OP who clearly struggle with it a lot more, I think the system is very damaging. While I really don't like to make assumptions about data I don't have, and while I've read their reasoning on why they punish the way they do, it doesn't really cover much ground - certainly not how banning someone from the game is a suitable reaction to them abusing the chat, even a lot. This isn't real life where you can't control every aspect of what someone can and can't do and have to settle with coarseness, this is the internet, and _disabling his chat completely_ fixes the problem at hand _without_ disabling his whole account and will probably result in him learning to become _less_ toxic. This is obviously basic psychology, and I don't think it makes sense for people who cherrypick psychological reasoning to be in charge of determining what punishments are handed out for what infractions. I know "1-2-ban" for generic infractions has been a standard in everything for a long time, but it's a purely dismissive, emotionally elitist approach the world just decided to agree upon because you can explain it in half a sentence, and isn't more practical or efficient than other far better, more inclusive methods. Part of me wonders whether it's literally just so they can milk more money out of permabanees who, if they love the game enough, will re-buy everything they lost. That would be reeaally shitty. I don't have that many criticisms for the way Riot does things, but this is definitely one of them, even though it could apply to almost any other company. It's just that League is a modern game that's been going for 10 years straight, so permabans have far more weight to them than they would in most other games. It's unrealistic to expect them to go over cases by hand, but that's exactly why I advocate for chat restrictions for chat-related infractions. No exceptions. If anyone feels toxic people deserve to be put lower on the priority list because they're toxic, no. They're an inherent, expected part of activities like League, because we all have different personalities. People just don't generally enjoy toxicity - I hate it but understand it - but I wish them the best, and setting all my irrational malice aside, I don't want to see them actually inhibited from playing the game. The rules can give them the ultimatum, but that doesn't mean it makes sense, and and both he whoever wrote the rules know that.
Esdese (EUW)
: Who said that, you? They sure as hell haven't developed something close to an artificial intelligence because they can't even set up a decent client. Also ... People say Siri learns what the user wants and starts detecting patterns of behavior and you know what? It doesn't do jackshit imo. It's always about keywords, even if it embraces sentences a little differently when such a keyword is connected to others, it still doesn't think about nor understand the whole topic. Much less the chat.
> [{quoted}](name=Esdese,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KYUeQk5E,comment-id=0002000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-18T14:43:50.220+0000) > > Who said that, you? They sure as hell haven't developed something close to an artificial intelligence because they can't even set up a decent client. Also ... > > People say Siri learns what the user wants and starts detecting patterns of behavior and you know what? It doesn't do jackshit imo. It's always about keywords, even if it embraces sentences a little differently when such a keyword is connected to others, it still doesn't think about nor understand the whole topic. Much less the chat. Love it when people try and label a bad piece of technology with something they themselves have no experience with (unless they've done rigorous ban-testing) while giving totally arbitrary definitions for how the AI should work, as if hybridising keywords and machine learning isn't a thing. And then claim a client they designed in 2014 which for all intents and purposes works great and is very pretty to look at has literally anything to do with their chat AI, let alone some negative association. You're like my friends who go on rants about Riot nerfing champs they like or something when Riot's the one with the actual data. You have none. Intuition, especially intuition this completely silly and random, isn't a substitute. Stop being jealous you never got a tour of their studio when you wanted it!
: Because it goes completely against the nature of the mode. If people would put their brain to work for a second, they'd realize that for any lobby that does **not** ban Fiddle, the odds of encountering him are increased. "How do we combat this mathematical dilemma?", you ask? Easy. Just ban him every single game, along with Lux, and Veigar, and Ziggs, and Vel'Koz, and Blitzcrank, and Pyke, and Xerath, until _all_ of the champions that people thoroughly enjoying playing are no longer on the table. Do you see the problem here? Or do you need to get stuck with Evelynn, Skarner, Rek'Sai, Ivern, and Udyr for a few more weeks to wrap your head around it?
I get fed every single game with Eve on ARAM, you guys just gotta make it work for you. I think ARAM bans are unnecessary since the chance of your ban even being effective is far lower than on Rift where you actually have team comps and roles, and as such you're just more likely to see permabans in ARAM, which isn't good. That's why Riot's heavily balancing each champion now.
: You replied to a comment literally discussing shirtless Sylas, then we have Taric, Braum, Ezreal, Ekko, Jayce, Swain, Lee Sin, and Rakan. I'm sure there are people out there who have a thing for Gragas, but those are the same type of people who have the hots for Shyvanna or Lissandra
Gragas is explicitly fat and ugly though. Lissandra and Shyvanna are still identically proportioned to almost literally every other human female champ in the game.
trash15 (NA)
: The problem with only showing sexy waman isn't that they don't show enough sexy men. It's just not enough variety/ representation.
My favourite example is visible age: is there a single female champ that _clearly_ looks over 25, aside from Illaoi? And yet we have Zilean, Ryze, Singed, and so on. Sure, Camille is technically old, but she's augmented herself to retain youthful looks for no real reason other than for an old female character to somehow still be sexy. Almost every single female champ has 100% identical body and _especially_ facial structure to the next. Most of them basically look like essentially the same model in different getups. Even Darius and Draven have distinctly different facial structure despite being brothers. Jayce has completely different facial structure too. So does Lee Sin. So does Gragas, so does Yorick, so does Taric. And then you look at the non-human characters. Even the non-human female characters like Shyvanna and Lissandra are basically just the same skinnytits model, again, in costumes.
ak521 (NA)
: What's the smallest time First turret has been destroyed for you?
I mean, 3:39, when both the botlaners are AFK.
Show more

Adsolution

Level 234 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion