: > [{quoted}](name=EdenEntern,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=b1wkLr5p,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-15T04:17:54.442+0000) > > Upvoted for your legit rank {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that gem.
> [{quoted}](name=Towboat421,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=b1wkLr5p,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-01-15T09:00:43.015+0000) > > Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that gem. Most tarnished diamond NA
Almighty (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Yetii Rider,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VcUwGiKi,comment-id=00130000,timestamp=2016-07-14T22:20:16.082+0000) > > Is there a reason you've nailed down? Is it her healing, or her speed boost? > > If the problem is her damage, couldn't you simply disable Sona's ability to buy Sheen? It's extreme, but it's been a problem with her in the support role for years now and if the item is holding you back from giving her actual decent numbers without breaking her, why not just cut it out? If we are going to balance the game by disabling items for certain champions we better start with the cancer known as {{item:3124}} {{champion:67}} _Almighty._
> [{quoted}](name=Almighty,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VcUwGiKi,comment-id=001300000003,timestamp=2016-07-16T17:23:21.119+0000) > > If we are going to balance the game by disabling items for certain champions we better start with the cancer known as {{item:3124}} {{champion:67}} > > _Almighty._ I've literally never seen a single Vayne get this.
: > [{quoted}](name=Aeolian Melodies,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VcUwGiKi,comment-id=00130000000000030000,timestamp=2016-07-16T19:08:54.420+0000) > > Eh... take a shot at her and it's removed, basically she is paying mana to have mobility boots. Janna has that level of speed just for having W up... Not necessarily, it's 'until damaged' so it's not exactly like Mobility Boots (disabled upon combat). Janna isn't comparable. Janna has skillshots and a higher skill ceiling. Janna needs the speed, whereas Sona can hardly fuck up, all her abilities are auras. Her weakness should be her slow speed to where you can catch her. That's gone now.
> [{quoted}](name=Vlyse,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VcUwGiKi,comment-id=001300000000000300000000,timestamp=2016-07-16T22:43:41.608+0000) > > Not necessarily, it's 'until damaged' so it's not exactly like Mobility Boots (disabled upon combat). > > Janna isn't comparable. Janna has skillshots and a higher skill ceiling. Janna needs the speed, whereas Sona can hardly fuck up, all her abilities are auras. Her weakness should be her slow speed to where you can catch her. That's gone now. Janna has 1 skillshot, and you could argue that Sona needs the speed more than Janna since Janna's shield > Sona's heal and shield to protect herself, and Janna can self-peel a lot more reliably and more often than Sona can. Janna is also tankier than Sona, and has better MS to begin with.
: Patch 6.14 notes
And BTW the Sona hotfix is a lot bigger than many people may think. They're making her last rank E value (self buff) worth 1% more than her 6.14 value for rank 1 (for a 1 point-wonder ability, let's keep that in mind), and her max rank W is now equivalent to her rank 4 ability in 6.14. These changes are a lot bigger than you think for a champion who is such "stat-check" heavy as Sona, and besides, these changes are not targeting the right thing. Instead of making E a waste of a point until the player is forced to invest 1, and instead of making her W feel completely shitty unless you spam 7 casts in a row (assuming your ally does not take an ADC AA while you are healing him up because that's sure to cancel at least 1 cast worth of HP), they need to hit (if not remove) the CDR values of her ult. That is the root of the problem. Admit it was a terrible idea and take it away or tone it down severely. What makes Sona insane mid and late game is not the fact that single-cast W or E are insanely powerful, what makes her insane mid and late game is the fact that these abilities find themselves on a sub 4 sec CDs (URF values!). It's the constant spam that makes 6.14 Sona overwhelming. Hitting the actives of W-E is the wrong way to attack the problem, you're just going to make her feel less rewarding to play, while making her as oppressive when she gets to her URF stage.
: Patch 6.14 notes
Typical Riot nerfing the wrong thing. (talking about the Sona hotfix). The problem is the free CDR on ranking up R, not her W or E values, which were finally feeling good to use (though for W you had to have censer+athene's+wsb too...). Knowing them is is the beginning of the end where she will get nerfed to the point of gutting because they won't be men enough to admit that the CDR on ult was a terrible idea to begin with. And I like that champions can be broken right before the worlds to the point of monopolizing the ban phase for all the goddamn championship games (IE Morde, Fiora, Darius, GP with their reworks last season), but Sona can't be stronger than average for more than half a patch, lmfao. Double standards so good.
: I push the sightstone buy back on Sona. Two yellow trinkets is still fine if you're not hard pushing. I grab Tear and mobis before I buy the SS and finish upgrading Coin.
> [{quoted}](name=DarkRitual,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f7GxVJes,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-07-16T11:23:23.459+0000) > > I push the sightstone buy back on Sona. Two yellow trinkets is still fine if you're not hard pushing. > I grab Tear and mobis before I buy the SS and finish upgrading Coin. I'm not sure what tilts me the most with this comment. - delayed {{item:2049}} - {{item:3070}} rush on support - using {{item:3301}} on Sona Decisions, decisions...
: Do we have stats for number of wards killed ?
> [{quoted}](name=redfeenix,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ipQaLoX3,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2016-07-16T17:25:06.389+0000) > > Do we have stats for number of wards killed ? yes on the website
: Really? I thought it went for {{champion:16}} better. I build it as one of her first two complete items normally. All heals then buff, even the ult for the entire team. Great to mid-team fight to turn the tide, or right at the start to wipe people out. I mean, 6 second buff when Raka's heal can reset in 3 seconds easily? that's a constant buff.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Zudane,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ipQaLoX3,comment-id=00060000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-16T14:52:57.567+0000) > > Really? I thought it went for {{champion:16}} better. I build it as one of her first two complete items normally. All heals then buff, even the ult for the entire team. Great to mid-team fight to turn the tide, or right at the start to wipe people out. > > I mean, 6 second buff when Raka's heal can reset in 3 seconds easily? that's a constant buff. Lol you need to ult to apply the buff to everyone. Sona needs to press W every 4-5 sec and tag allies. She can keep her team permanently buffed if she wants to.
: > [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VcUwGiKi,comment-id=001300000000,timestamp=2016-07-14T22:41:06.621+0000) > > Not sure yet. Healing amount was being kicked around by some of the Live Gameplay team as a likely culprit, they're still looking into it though. It's her self permaspeed E that is the root of the problem. For a champ that required positioning before, she no longer has to worry about it. Combined with a kit that has minimum room for actual error. Healing/support Sona might be the problem, but I've always played her as a hit-and-run mage. The reduction in Q damage doesn't even matter, because when your Mobi's is disabled after you flash run in to chunk someone for the kill, you can run out of any sticky situation with E. If your Mobi is disabled by creeps, you can still run someone down with E to kill them. Again, her kit has minimum room for actual error. The only thing she had to worry about was her positioning. The self permaspeed E has solved her only weakness, whether you are for support sona or AP sona. Both are overtuned now b/c of E.
> [{quoted}](name=Vlyse,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VcUwGiKi,comment-id=0013000000000003,timestamp=2016-07-15T06:01:53.095+0000) > > It's her self permaspeed E that is the root of the problem. For a champ that required positioning before, she no longer has to worry about it. Combined with a kit that has minimum room for actual error. Eh... take a shot at her and it's removed, basically she is paying mana to have mobility boots. Janna has that level of speed just for having W up...
Meddler (NA)
: Not sure yet. Healing amount was being kicked around by some of the Live Gameplay team as a likely culprit, they're still looking into it though.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VcUwGiKi,comment-id=001300000000,timestamp=2016-07-14T22:41:06.621+0000) > > Not sure yet. Healing amount was being kicked around by some of the Live Gameplay team as a likely culprit, they're still looking into it though. I've played her a couple of times and my healing done is roughly the same as pre-changes. Perhaps if the game lasts very long she heals much more due to lower CD, but IMO you should be targeting the CDR on ult (which is what is making her QWE overbearing imo) rather than target W and/or E themselves... the CDR is the culprit, if you nerf W-E she will still be problematic late game due to spam, and she will feel pretty bad to use early and mid game. E especially FINALLY feels good to use, please don't obliterate it.
: > [{quoted}](name=RedCyclone,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u0Er0Any,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-07-16T03:45:11.219+0000) > > 2. Sona has a history of being mishandled i dont know if riot buffed her at all in the last year, but there was a point where sona had less starting armor than a minion. LESS STARTING ARMOR THAN A MINION. let that sink in before imagining how frightening the idea of sona changes is
> [{quoted}](name=vampirekid13,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u0Er0Any,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2016-07-16T11:48:24.532+0000) > > i dont know if riot buffed her at all in the last year, but there was a point where sona had less starting armor than a minion. > > LESS STARTING ARMOR THAN A MINION. > > let that sink in before imagining how frightening the idea of sona changes is She has received no direct buff since her rework if I'm not mistaken. She did not have less starting armor than a minion, she had less starting HEALTH. That was old Sona with armor+MR aura on W, they balanced her around the fact that she had it on permanently (which she did not since she had to cast other spells XD).
Daxterr (NA)
: I honest to god got 100-0 by a sona Q+auto attack the other day.
> [{quoted}](name=Daxter420,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u0Er0Any,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2016-07-16T10:22:31.394+0000) > > I honest to god got 100-0 by a sona Q+auto attack the other day. how long did you afk in that game, her damage actually got nerfed (at least as far as a single combo does)
: As an ARAM player i dislike Sona with a passion. Give her decent gold income and she is a monster with healing and poke. A lot of other mages can't compete.
> [{quoted}](name=Poorly Dressed,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u0Er0Any,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2016-07-16T10:04:14.519+0000) > > As an ARAM player i dislike Sona with a passion. Give her decent gold income and she is a monster with healing and poke. A lot of other mages can't compete. That's because she isn't a mage.
: He's subpar now and no he didn't dominate for 5 seasons straight. He's garbage tier now and people still complain about him. I bet you're one of those idiots
> [{quoted}](name=Savage Bear,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u0Er0Any,comment-id=000c0000000000010000,timestamp=2016-07-16T16:37:33.269+0000) > > He's subpar now and no he didn't dominate for 5 seasons straight. He's garbage tier now and people still complain about him. I bet you're one of those idiots Neither did Sona. Her reign was 3 seasons (the 1st 3), and that was back when there were so little supports champs to begin with, and you needed to be able to do stuff with 0 items as a support because you were a walking ward dispenser. Oh, and that was pre-rework too.
: > [{quoted}](name=BlackGuilmon,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u0Er0Any,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2016-07-16T15:26:27.761+0000) > > I don't think that's possible. Minions have 0 armor and MR. You are probably thinking of when her stats were bugged so she had old stats when using the classic skin instead of the updated ones, so she was squishy AF. Nah, I think I know what he is meaning but he is calling it wrong, she never had less armor the a minion, but she did have a time she had 2 more effective health then a melee minion at the time melee minion: 445 HP, 0 Armor. which is 445 effective health. sona had 410 HP 9 Armor which is 446.9 thats the squishiest I can remember her which was season 1 or two? Ibeen a while
> [{quoted}](name=Nobody1111,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u0Er0Any,comment-id=0001000200000000,timestamp=2016-07-16T18:19:08.974+0000) > > Nah, I think I know what he is meaning but he is calling it wrong, she never had less armor the a minion, but she did have a time she had 2 more effective health then a melee minion at the time > melee minion: > 445 HP, 0 Armor. > > which is 445 effective health. > > sona had > > 410 HP 9 Armor > > which is 446.9 > > thats the squishiest I can remember her > which was season 1 or two? Ibeen a while S3 nerfs I believe.
Eedat (NA)
: Why are the boards so sensitive about Sona?
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u0Er0Any,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-07-16T03:12:36.902+0000) > > Why is it that whenever you say anything about Sona you immediately get bombarded by downvotes and hateful comments from 50 DJ Sona icons? Why is it that even in the past when Sona had a 53% win rate and 7% pick rate Sona players always still insist "Sona is gutted" and "she has an ***extremely*** small player base"? Why is it that when you point out that Sona is obviously way too strong on this patch, people still insist she isn't? > > Let's be honest. Sona is way overtuned on this patch. Pick your poison on which site you use, but Sona is floating around a 57% win rate across all ELOs with around a 20% pick rate now. And no, win rate isn't everything. **However** if you factor in her play rate quadrupled you must also agree that her average skill level has gone down. Having her average skill level go down while her win rate explodes upwards is a pretty good indicator that she is extremely strong right now. > > So can we stop pretending she is still fine on this patch? Instead of sticking heads in the sand and insisting nothing is wrong, can we discuss what could be done without destroying her? I've played this champion since early season 1 and I have to play blind pick now to get a chance at playing her because she either gets banned or 1st picked by a sheep riding the OP wave, it's crazily annoying. Personally I'm pissed because I knew from the get-go it would come to this and Riot decided to ship the buffs anyway. The free CDR on Crescendo is a mistake that's going to make her a pain to balance (Riot could not even manage it without that), and as a result everything she does is going to get tailored against that CDR, her whole values are going to get re-balanced with her late game fantasy in mind, and eventually her early and mid are going to suck so hard her late game fantasy will be impossible to achieve. They should never have given her the free CDR on ult. WTH were they thinking??? Doesn't Riot hate free stats??? And they should have waited a few patches before shipping buffs (especially on W) considering that the new healing itemization (Athene/Crucible/Censer) already helped her a whole lot (her win rate jumped 5 ranks on champion.gg after 6.13). They should've let the dust settle and see if she still needed love after that, I mean we waited nearly 2 seasons to see her get any buffs, what was the rush all of a sudden? I love the W and E changes. W feels good to use and not just a waste of my mana, E does not feel like I'm just wasting a skill point to enable Tempo. Increased aura range makes it much easier to tag allies in fights, and really make you feel like the buffer you should be. These changes are killing "walking ult" Sona and "Q-Staccato OTP" Sona and bringing utility Sona back to the table, and I LOVE it. I am sincerely worried that W-E are going to get gutted to oblivion because Riot is going to be too stubborn to revert the Crescendo changes, which IMO would be the absolute best course of action. Admit you were wrong, give her back the aura increase on leveling up ult (which made more sense thematically), or find something else that does not make her that ridiculous. There is no way they are going to find a spot where the CDR matters enough that you feel good about it without making Sona overbearing.
Meddler (NA)
: Win rate data can be pretty misleading, day 1 data especially. With a jump in win rate like that though it's often an indication something's worth looking at. In this case that's Rammus's Q stun duration, which is bugged and lasting longer than it should. We'll definitely fix that in the next patch at the latest, might or might not hotfix before then (checking to see if there's a major bug that's hotfix worthy by itself we could piggyback a Rammus fix on).
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VcUwGiKi,comment-id=00010004,timestamp=2016-07-14T22:17:15.290+0000) > > Win rate data can be pretty misleading, day 1 data especially. With a jump in win rate like that though it's often an indication something's worth looking at. In this case that's Rammus's Q stun duration, which is bugged and lasting longer than it should. We'll definitely fix that in the next patch at the latest, might or might not hotfix before then (checking to see if there's a major bug that's hotfix worthy by itself we could piggyback a Rammus fix on). Remove the stupidly OP free CDR on her ult and let the rest of the changes be. The only mistake that was made was adding that, she has no downtime on her abilities which would be ridiculous for any support. I've been a Sona main since the day I downloaded this game, and that CDR from Crescendo is the single worse thing that was ever done to her. Keep it and you will never be able to balance her in a way that she is useful and run to play without being ridiculously oppressing.
: It's legitimately difficult to not overbuild CDR now
Tell me about it, as a support main I can never get Ionians boots because I'd be garen-teed to waste money.
NoPaxt (NA)
: She was played at MSI 5 times total by 3 different teams. Went 4-1, so-NA was what got CLG to the championship.
> [{quoted}](name=Stark of Wrath,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WEXMZrrG,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2016-06-30T21:59:18.540+0000) > > She was played at MSI 5 times total by 3 different teams. > Went 4-1, so-NA was what got CLG to the championship. Yet they did not pick her in the finale.
: Except Annie, Veigar, and Zyra have no way of getting on to you. Veigar and Zyra have to hit a skillshot, while Annie's really short ranged. They have to blow flash to get to you, if you're positioning correctly. Talon and LB, meanwhile, have a much easier time getting onto someone, what with their dashes and Talon's ult. As such, Talon and LB can burst you much more often than Annie, Veigar, or Zyra can, so they can't have the CC that those three do.
> [{quoted}](name=Hellioning,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Amfv4GyQ,comment-id=00000000000100010000,timestamp=2016-06-30T22:55:01.776+0000) > > Except Annie, Veigar, and Zyra have no way of getting on to you. Veigar and Zyra have to hit a skillshot, while Annie's really short ranged. They have to blow flash to get to you, if you're positioning correctly. > > Talon and LB, meanwhile, have a much easier time getting onto someone, what with their dashes and Talon's ult. > > As such, Talon and LB can burst you much more often than Annie, Veigar, or Zyra can, so they can't have the CC that those three do. Talon and LB's (minus using W-R simply to reach you) gap closer's range are comparable to Annie's and Veigar's spells, inferior to Zyra's spells. They don't need to GET to you because they have RANGE. Being outside of Annie's range, especially, means you're outside of xp range.
Meddler (NA)
: It's the combination of mobility, CC that stops you reacting and burst. The champions you've listed there don't have the same positioning power that assassins do. Ahri's an exception, with strong reposition on a long CD and soft reposition regularly. She's got one of the least reliable CCs as a result (skillshot that stops on first target, giving a lot of counterplay in lane especially).
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Amfv4GyQ,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2016-06-30T22:15:05.968+0000) > > It's the combination of mobility, CC that stops you reacting and burst. The champions you've listed there don't have the same positioning power that assassins do. Ahri's an exception, with strong reposition on a long CD and soft reposition regularly. She's got one of the least reliable CCs as a result (skillshot that stops on first target, giving a lot of counterplay in lane especially). But many of the champions I listed have the range to compensate the lack of mobility. Ahri even happens to have both. Yasuo's mobility has no CD if he has multiple target at his disposal. Annie, Veigar and Zyra have their hard CC disable on a very large AoE. Annie's Tibbers stun is near impossible to avoid without stellar ping and burning Flash. I would gladly face pre-rework Kass or LB with her old silence rather than Annie in her current state (which incidentally is the state where she has been forever, since apparently you guys think she should be immune to nerfs despite standing for everything you're supposed to hate about champion design, her kit's more binary than any champion's, past or present, that I can think of). When I look at Kassadin especially, I see the shadow of a great champion, everything he had was nerfed for the sake of his mobility, then the mobility got nerfed to the point where Kassadin is extremely underwhelming until he's almost fully geared, at which point everyone is powerful anyway.
: Because Assassins silencing you during the half second they're bursting you is what they don't want to happen.
> [{quoted}](name=Postal Badger,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Amfv4GyQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-30T21:28:51.057+0000) > > Because Assassins silencing you during the half second they're bursting you is what they don't want to happen. Yes {{champion:1}} how dare champions with burst {{champion:63}} have cc so you can't fight back while they're killing you {{champion:103}} I mean imagine how lame {{champion:134}} if many champions with burst could do that {{champion:90}} wouldn't it be a scandal {{champion:157}} so outrageous {{champion:143}} holy crap the game would be unplayable {{champion:45}} I swear {{champion:34}} it would be unbearable {{champion:112}} . At least with pre-change Kass and pre-changes LB you could run away since you were only silenced.
: Would you move into a house someone just died in?
Yes if I wanted the house to begin with and if everything has been cleaned (because... 50 cats and a rotting corpse...) and such. I would not mind as I do not believe in ghosts. I however would probably not move in a house where someone I knew (family, friend) died because that would just feel weird, and I would be constantly reminded of them. My cousin's best friend died in my uncle's house when we were 14 or so, and to this day I still think of how awkward he must've felt living in the house where his friend died.
5050BS (NA)
: And yet with 50 less AP then other AP mid laners she can do the same damage because of her passive crap. I so hope it is what is getting nerfed.
> [{quoted}](name=LordTulkus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Pzs5y6FY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-30T19:31:02.958+0000) > > And yet with 50 less AP then other AP mid laners she can do the same damage because of her passive crap. > > I so hope it is what is getting nerfed. 1) Her passive requires her to AA, forcing her to take risk 2) That's a major overstatement 3) There are tons of mid laners more successful than her atm, nerfing her is ridiculous 4) Her Q damage is getting nerfed not her passive which I believe is actually getting a boost
: > [{quoted}](name=JedditeIsARAM,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=E3hL7bHE,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-06-30T14:25:48.357+0000) > > ITT: kids who don't recognize the key ingredient difference between carbonated water and soda. Except I was referring to still water and understand that carbonated water is Pepsi without the flavoring syrup.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=E3hL7bHE,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2016-06-30T14:41:36.005+0000) > > Except I was referring to still water and understand that carbonated water is Pepsi without the flavoring syrup. http://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/is-carbonated-water-bad-for-you Plain carbonated water is the same as still water, it's just bubbly.
Eedat (NA)
: except Sona was completely fine the entire time and the only people who complained she sucks were "Sona mains". You need to realize that any time **any** change is made to a champ, the mains will without a doubt, **ALWAYS** complain. I mean even the Sion mains complained about the Sion rework which was Riot's single best rework to date
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WEXMZrrG,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-06-30T21:37:08.746+0000) > > except Sona was completely fine the entire time and the only people who complained she sucks were "Sona mains". You need to realize that any time **any** change is made to a champ, the mains will without a doubt, **ALWAYS** complain. I mean even the Sion mains complained about the Sion rework which was Riot's single best rework to date So damn fine no one picked/picks her. Hell even the guy featured in the recent "ask a Sona main" NO LONGER PLAYS HER and switched to other picks a long time ago -.-
NoPaxt (NA)
: It's range and utility is too good. You cannot use a minion shield like you can with Morg/Blitz/Thresh. Translation, the spell is too safe for the results. Low risk with a high reward.
> [{quoted}](name=Stark of Wrath,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WEXMZrrG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-30T20:58:25.156+0000) > > It's range and utility is too good. > You cannot use a minion shield like you can with Morg/Blitz/Thresh. > Translation, the spell is too safe for the results. Low risk with a high reward. Don't stand directly behind a single creep then. This is such a knee-jerk nerf to a champion that has already been blasted out of high elo play, wtf. Meanwhile, Malz & Vlad still perma ban status.
: i am not entirely sure but i would assume for tanky supports it would have to do with how much you have contributed to the team by objectives taken, damage soaked up for your team, kill participation etc. for utility supports i would say more along the lines of cc landed, heals given, plays made and again kill participation and objectives taken. i believe i have gotten an s rank on nami cause i landed a large amount of bubbles got a lot of clutch waves and heals and kited the enemy team a lot allowing for more objectives to be taken across the map and so on.
> [{quoted}](name=drake102nd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Bl8r39JM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-30T21:13:26.925+0000) > > i am not entirely sure but i would assume for tanky supports it would have to do with how much you have contributed to the team by objectives taken, damage soaked up for your team, kill participation etc. > > for utility supports i would say more along the lines of cc landed, heals given, plays made and again kill participation and objectives taken. > > i believe i have gotten an s rank on nami cause i landed a large amount of bubbles got a lot of clutch waves and heals and kited the enemy team a lot allowing for more objectives to be taken across the map and so on. There's no way the system can calculate your clutch healing and awesome bubble-landing skills, however for sure the fact that you nailed those gave you a bunch of assists and helped your team win, which is very valuable in the calculations.
: How Do I Get S Rank Support?
**If you want to get it by playing a good support:** low deaths (ideally less than the average of your champ) tons of assists (ideally more than the average of your champ) good kill participation % high participation in objectives (towers, dragons, barons) placing & killing wards (though I don't think this weighs heavily, it is taken into account, so better do it right) **If you want it the easy way and could not care less about playing support correctly:** awkward amount of kills (read: steal some kills, generally a minimum of 3 to get above the average of your champion) build damage if your pick allows it (Lichbane Sona, full AP Morg, etc), the system values doing damage (ideally more than the average of your champ in that role) consider zz'rot and/or banner to get CS without being present to farm a lane, thus getting more cs than the average *insert champ you are playing here* as support and boosting your score on the same train of thoughts, if playing a mage support it should be easy for you to snag a decent amount of cs after the laning phase when sieging, pushing, or trying to protect a tower, thus boosting your score because "omg such cs he must be a GOD ZYRA SUPPORT!!!" Alternatively, you could pick a champion no one actually plays support, since the system will have virtually nothing to compare you to, if you do good you should get insta-S rankings.
Vacus (NA)
: My favorite is on supports. "Oh you went 0/0/20 on a support? A, git yourself some gold" "Oh you went 7/12/10? S+++++"
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rT2hYdJ5,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-06-30T19:19:44.509+0000) > > My favorite is on supports. > > "Oh you went 0/0/20 on a support? A, git yourself some gold" > > "Oh you went 7/12/10? S+++++" yeah -.- the worst offender is Janna, the average Janna has such a good support kda (low kills low deaths tons of assists) that you either have to be phenomenal or steal 3+ kills to get above s-. The mastery 7 tokens are so elusive on her, just got my last yesterday and I play her more than any other champ.
: This whole champion mastery thing is super toxic.
You'd probably get S rank with jg Sivir as soon as you do good because the rating system is heavily based on how well you do compared to the average player with that champ in that role, and since no one plays jg Sivir it has nothing to compare you to, so if you do good you're automatically awesome.
Leafie (NA)
: If "guns don't kill people, people kill people..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC03hmS1Brk
: Everyone is a Yasuo/Azir main The idea of these threads is to promote the lesser picked
> [{quoted}](name=RedCyclone,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EMEusNz5,comment-id=00560001,timestamp=2016-06-01T17:21:19.358+0000) > > Everyone is a Yasuo/Azir main > The idea of these threads is to promote the lesser picked so lesser picked that even the guy featured does not pick her pickception
: Ask a Sona Main - BloodWater - Completed
Time to come across like a bitch but... "Ask a Sona main" rofl. No offense to him as a player, but I'm not sure how the guy's supposed to be a "Sona main", she is not in her top 3 mastery (Thresh, Janna and Braum are) and she isn't even listed in his "in progress" champs (Blitz Naut Lulu Morg Nami are), so... well... more like "ask a dude who hasn't played Sona in 2 years" -.- the guy literally plays every support BUT Sona. Is she so unpopular that Riot could not even get their hands on a high elo player who actually plays her regularly - and if so, did that not open their eyes to anything? Rito might as well make me a "ask a Thresh main" thread, I don't play him but hey, who cares???
SHSLdiva (NA)
: i main nami and holy lord have you ever tried to run to lane with nami? it's actual hell i apologize so often for being so slow i need this speed...
self-cast E as you are moving towards your lane but yeah the fish is slow :/
: I mean, it shows that you were skilled enough with you champ to easily do better than your average champion's player by a LARGE extent. Yes, as time goes on I do believe players will just eventually get lucky games on champions and be able to get it without truthfully being skillful. But they were dedicated enough, so these will only be rarer cases.
S and S+ may show that (thoguh this is very flawed for supports as it values KSing a whole lot), but blue essence is quite the opposite, it shows that you do well on various champions. It's counter-intuitive.
: > [{quoted}](name=Best Kog NA,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8LAfusJA,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-29T15:25:40.204+0000) > > I don't think offering chromas should be included with masteries. Chroma packs probably don't work on every single champion. I'm thinking instead of a free skin, how about an icon of the champion's picture? Riot has said they won't do this because it would be confusing if you were loading into game with a different champ icon from the champ you're playing. It might be possible to only allow you to equip the icon while you're playing the champ, or just have it fall back to a different icon when you're not playing the champ.
> [{quoted}](name=Hyrum Graff,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8LAfusJA,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2016-05-29T19:13:59.678+0000) > > Riot has said they won't do this because it would be confusing if you were loading into game with a different champ icon from the champ you're playing. > > It might be possible to only allow you to equip the icon while you're playing the champ, or just have it fall back to a different icon when you're not playing the champ. Just how stupid does Riot think their player base is?
: getting S with a mage support is really easy IMO, i've got 11 chests with support champs i still dont know what the fk i did in those game, guess i'm a good support (no, i'm not i always miss 80% of my skills shots)
> [{quoted}](name=kaltenashes,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=5Q1vnijp,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2016-05-29T16:07:47.185+0000) > > getting S with a mage support is really easy IMO, i've got 11 chests with support champs > > i still dont know what the fk i did in those game, guess i'm a good support (no, i'm not i always miss 80% of my skills shots) Mage supports do good damage which means you get kills. Kills yield a higher score. Depending on how common your mage pick is for the support role, it might be very easy to get a S rating because if you are playing, say, Vladimir support, there are probably very few people the system can compare you to, so any time you do decent you will be above average and get easy S and S+, as opposed to highly played support champions like Janna or Thresh who have a good average kda based on many games played, so you really gotta be extraordinary for kill participation or just KS like a mofo to get S or S+.
: I have no problem getting S with Tanks... http://s33.postimg.org/ntqi4i7mn/tokens.png
As a Janna main I feel you. It feels so retarded that I have to KS (which a good support should not do) out of my mind to get tokens. I should be getting them for playing a good Janna - lots of assists, few deaths, good participation in objectives and good vision control. Nobody should give a F about my damage to champs and how many random kills I snagged. > [{quoted}](name=RogueWill,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=5Q1vnijp,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2016-05-29T14:56:04.176+0000) > > I have no problem getting S with Tanks... > > http://s33.postimg.org/ntqi4i7mn/tokens.png Out of them only Sej is an actual tank. Vi is a bruiser, Annie is a mage, Diana is either an assassin or an AP bruiser depending on her build.
: I don't think offering chromas should be included with masteries. Chroma packs probably don't work on every single champion. I'm thinking instead of a free skin, how about an icon of the champion's picture?
> [{quoted}](name=Best Kog NA,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8LAfusJA,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-29T15:25:40.204+0000) > > I don't think offering chromas should be included with masteries. Chroma packs probably don't work on every single champion. I'm thinking instead of a free skin, how about an icon of the champion's picture? champ icon for summoner icon with mastery 7 pls
: Hey Riot I'd like to get mastery 7 on Lulu by playing Lulu
And I'd like to get rank 7 on Janna by playing support properly but the calculation value getting more kills than the average Janna so much that KSing is the way to go.
: Let’s talk Smurfs, Snow, and Bans in Ask Riot
Please give one ban per player or at the very least move the bans to pick 1-2-3 because pick 4-5 already have the advantage of being able to counterpick and pick with much lower odds of getting countered. Getting 1st or 2nd pick sucks now that roles are guaranteed.
Zuil (NA)
: Work With Your Damn Jungler
Work with your damn laners.
: The most fustrating thing about Aurelion Sol
The most frustrating thing about him is that he gets to have a non-conditional AoE stun on a basic ability with decent base size that can be increased to retarded proportions and {{champion:37}} can't get buffs because "Crescendo is OP".
: One tiny change for Soraka
http://champion.gg/champion/Soraka You are asking for buffs on a champion that has over 55% win rate in plat+ elo (with her average player base having roughly 50 games on her, about half of the average playerbase of the second winrate support, Janna). She is in dire needs of _nerfs,_ forget any buff.
Grunt666 (NA)
: Time to correct the myth that typing something to a teammate makes them "play worse"
Some people are more sensitive than others. Some will willingly troll and feed if you complain about their play just once. Nothing good can ever come out of trash talking a teammate, so just don't do it.
: Can we do something about Tank Akali please?
For all the crying I see I haven't seen it in game even once.
: There are a lot of cool, stunning splash arts that are coming to the NA client from China's.
They're finally switching Tempest Janna's artwork to the Chinese? yay
Chamiel (EUNE)
: Bots don't use summoner spells.
They don't have keystones either (at least the ones from custom games).
: If you could watch the first game of league you played
Yes although I remember it very well. If I could replay it, I would, if only to replay pre-rework pre-40 nerfs Sona just one time </3
Show more

Aeolian Melodies

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion