: > [{quoted}](name=DARCKD00M,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wdsohpEH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-07T07:08:20.511+0000) > > all those people asking for this are just troll who wanna be able to get lvl 30 without playing a single SR game then go into ranked and ask how to play regular league, ridiculous right? i bet riot will make it happen! why would someone be playing TFT if they have no understanding of regular league of legends. it feels my weird to me that i can load up league of legends and play a game mode that doesn't give me exp but can take as long a summoners rift match.
> [{quoted}](name=Young prince,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wdsohpEH,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-10T11:58:38.586+0000) > > why would someone be playing TFT if they have no understanding of regular league of legends. it feels my weird to me that i can load up league of legends and play a game mode that doesn't give me exp but can take as long a summoners rift match. You severely underestimate toxic individuals or very selfish players. They have no regard to how the team feels or what the team wants. They will play how they want because they want to. I've seen a lot of players flat out pick a champion they aren't good with and even counterpick themselves because they want to play X champion.
: Why don't people test their internet connection before they enter a Ranked game?
> [{quoted}](name=Linda de Mol,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4nEG7KMy,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-13T13:42:58.660+0000) > > If I could get a dollar for every time I played with an ally who had a ping of 1000, I would be rich as hell now. > > I don't believe this internet problems all suddenly start once you get into the game. Most of them must have had issues before entering the game. > > So many LP have I lost because people play with a huge ping and they aren't afraid to spam it the entire game. Because you don't expect your internet service to be trash especially if you've been playing fine all week. Then on some random day your internet is freaking out or isn't playing nice with riots servers is not your fault. Do you take most of the blame for the loss? Yes since it is your problem and you created a problem for the rest of your team.
: SO I own a skin...but in champ select says I don't....
: You nerfed Inspiration sustain.. It's time for Domination
I'm tired of going blow for blow with a champion and my ignite or minions can't finish the job for a 1 to 1 kill because of triumph or whatever rune that heals you on champion takedown.
: Unpopular opinion: yes healing is too good right now, but so is access to practically unlimited mana
You can't really address unlimited or high mana gains without hitting champions without resources. Being gated by cooldowns is a joke when everything has cdr on it. At least mana champions have to play around something being cooldowns and mana cost.
KazKaz (OCE)
: You do realise that there are Play4Fun players in League, right? :) Not everyone plays to win every single game and sweats down to their last pore.
> [{quoted}](name=KazKaz,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=77d7gT3h,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-03T01:32:45.776+0000) > > You do realise that there are Play4Fun players in League, right? :) > > Not everyone plays to win every single game and sweats down to their last pore. Why would you play a competitive 5v5 game and not try to win every game you play?
: ARAM Ranked but you choose your champion
If you pick your champion it's no longer an ARAM so I'm not sure what you're asking for. Maybe a new game mode is what you actually want.
: God I miss Zyra...
I honestly want her old Q and run animation back. I feel the same about fiora as well. I'm not a fan of this weird game walking animation.
Ryelic (NA)
: Which meta was the best meta?
: Why can mordes ult be cleansed with qss etc.
: Do You Enjoy Autofill?
I don't mind auto fill. Playing on non pre-made teams I've accepted long ago I won't always get what I want. In the days of getting in the pick/ban phase and people typing out their lanes autofill/last pick was usually support anyway. Personally the way I learned to handle it is actually find a champion or two you enjoy playing from each role and play it if you get auto filled. Jungle and support are the least popular roles and someone has to do it. Also from playing MMOs with dungeon queues ect the queue times for non jungle/support would be pretty high and people will then complain about the queue times. I would like riot to take the time to show us the number estimates on queues if auto filled got removed or even conduct a week or two long trial with players involved.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Bad Touch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0odMAdjx,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-22T00:01:42.907+0000) > > Simply put the older players hate it because it's not the game we started with. There is very little left of the League from Beta-Season 2. League was a fairly slow paced macro strategy game where games often went over the one hour mark. You won through accumulating small advantages over the course of the game. Modern league is "first one to lose an inhib should FF." A single bad fight anywhere post 20 minutes and you lose an inhib and generally baron. A second lost fight and you lose multiple towers, a second inhib and generally nexus. > > The newer players hate it because they are 15-25 and hate the world. Yeah, because doing nothing but waveclear and farm for 40+ minutes and then having a single fight dictate who won the game is soooooo much better.
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0odMAdjx,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-22T01:08:01.094+0000) > > Yeah, because doing nothing but waveclear and farm for 40+ minutes and then having a single fight dictate who won the game is soooooo much better. I'd rather build up my champion and fight with the most power available to me than having to pick champions that are very effective early and mid game. Getting stomped in the first 15 means is mostly a GG. If you get stomped and don't FF you better hope and pray your team knows how to stop the bleeding because I tell you what in my elo they don't and will continue to skirmish and chase people even when we are down 10-15 kills. Early game champions decide how the game is going to go. It's either going to be GG at 15 or they won't do anything and the game can maybe hit 35-40 mins.
: What noob mistakes did you make starting out?
> [{quoted}](name=Impractical1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7GfxLhxY,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-19T15:02:52.815+0000) > > Just wanted to get some other players experiences when they first started the game. > > For me personally I started whatever season yasuo came out and was the first champ that I actually bought, because I mean he was a badass swordsman/samurai dude. But for the life of me I could not figure how his ult worked besides reading it multiple times. (Mind you this is like my third game of league ever) and also how his q stacking worked until a few games. > > Also one of friends recommended that I try out Lee sin as a starting champion. Yeah I'm pretty sure he was trolling me. But I did and started to learn jungle. Now this was before you could upgrade your jungle item and smite champions so I would run to gank a lane and spam my smite button on enemy champions trying to figure out why it wasn't working and not doing like 600 damage to them. Took me reading it a few times to finally figure it out that champions are indeed not monsters lol. > > And I think the last facepalm I did was I was adc one game because all the other roles were called. Me having no idea what an adc was I googled it really quick and best answer I got was a champion that does attack damage. So I was like okay too easy, and locked in tryndamdere. You can imagine how that leaning phase went. > > Anyways I think that's about it until I can think of anymore, you all have similar experiences or [removed by moderation] ? Lol I wanted my abilities to hit harder so I stacked as much ability power as possible. No matter the champion, I saw damage as optional if you wanted to play around using regular attacks but I figured using abilities at a distance would be the better option.
: Opinion: "fun to play against" is the most bullshit term to ever exist
> [{quoted}](name=Abibyama II,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Iy9q3Oyd,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-18T13:43:57.495+0000) > > Literally nothing is fun to play against except the ones you beat, because you beat them. > > "Fair to play against" and "counterplay" are more appropriate I'd have to say this isn't true. I use to main old irelia and I actually enjoyed going against rivens because it was a skill match up for me and my elo at the time. Because x decision costed you to lose a trade and mess up your lane due to riven exploiting your mistakes. Nowadays I don't get that from any real match up and I'm still pretty salty about the irelia rework because I actually really liked her simple playstyle. All in all I do feel like league is moving towards if x is picked Y will surely stomp and win the lane with ease.
: We need to do something about normal game's
> [{quoted}](name=Son of spartar,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=X8a3L7ZR,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-14T22:05:58.236+0000) > > I'm really starting to hate this game man, cause its either play ranked or bloody play normal's. Mord rework is out, so i want to try him out, don't really want to play in diamond + rank game's and feed to oblivion. So the next best option is normal's, can't play draft because the camp is going to get banned or most likely picked by some one else. So that only leaves blind pick which is trash, yes i can get my champ most the time, but the match making is so unbalanced i'm not even testing the guy out. My team is already feeding to hard for me to really get any build going or even try be useful, i just want to have a decent game with the champ where the game ins't a bloody FF 15. I'm spending more time surrendering then getting above 3 items. Basically you have a few options which are blind or customs and don't want to do it. I don't see a problem with league at all in that regard. Riot has in fact given you tools to potentially play the champion.
: > [{quoted}](name=AetherFlow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nVMEaWE0,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-06-05T23:48:54.104+0000) > > From my understanding of this you were okay with getting a free kill off a support because they couldn't defend themselves. No one's going to complain about a free double kill but I think it's a good thing supports can somewhat hold their own especially in the aftermath of a fight to help clean up. > You mean that I'm okay with a role having a weakness it was designed to have? OF COURSE! lol. That's like me being mad my ADC can't kill their zed or annie w/o being one shot.... they aren't supposed to be doing that so of course they cant. I played support my first 3 seasons on this game when apparently > Support was a role no one wanted to play and this ^ is okay. This logic of X is unpopular soooooo DAMAGE BUFFS is the reason damage is high in this game to begin with. Power creep over multiple seasons of players not comprehending that everything doesn't need to deal damage. Support classes in any MOBA style game is always the underpicked role because people want to carry. That's how it is. Breaking the game so something is more popular or flashy is just dumb. Did we not learn this from akali and irelia? We tried the whole dmg buff thing to makes tanks popular in season 5 and they were the only playable class the entire season. When do we learn that making things extra flashy or giving them damage is NOT how you balance popularity? > Support was a role no one wanted to play because if you ended up having to face off or defend a tower it wasn't any fun seeing you couldn't do anything about it. That's the point of the role.... > This is one of the gripes I have with yummi she literally is a free kill if her adc is killed That's the point of the champion...... Here is the overall issue with your argument. You don't want to play SUPPORT. You want the power of a solo laner but the gold convenience and cheap builds of a support. A real SUPPORT player (aka all the support players between seasons 1-6) understood their role was never meant to be able to 1v1 a solo laner or 2v1 the enemy bot if the adc dies. Next your going to tell me my adc should be able to 1v1 zed because it's more fun? For who? The zed? I don't think so. Supports now being able to almost double kill the enemy bot when ahead is part of the huge reason every bot lane goes 0-10 or 10-0. There is way too much damage and the second an ADC mis-steps they lose half of their HP and both summs because A SUPPORT has the power of a mid lane mage but gets gold for free and has the least expensive items in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=I Play This Game,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nVMEaWE0,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T12:53:34.648+0000) > > You mean that I'm okay with a role having a weakness it was designed to have? OF COURSE! lol. That's like me being mad my ADC can't kill their zed or annie w/o being one shot.... they aren't supposed to be doing that so of course they cant. I played support my first 3 seasons on this game when apparently > > and this ^ is okay. This logic of X is unpopular soooooo DAMAGE BUFFS is the reason damage is high in this game to begin with. Power creep over multiple seasons of players not comprehending that everything doesn't need to deal damage. Support classes in any MOBA style game is always the underpicked role because people want to carry. That's how it is. Breaking the game so something is more popular or flashy is just dumb. Did we not learn this from akali and irelia? We tried the whole dmg buff thing to makes tanks popular in season 5 and they were the only playable class the entire season. When do we learn that making things extra flashy or giving them damage is NOT how you balance popularity? > > That's the point of the role.... > > That's the point of the champion...... > > Here is the overall issue with your argument. You don't want to play SUPPORT. You want the power of a solo laner but the gold convenience and cheap builds of a support. A real SUPPORT player (aka all the support players between seasons 1-6) understood their role was never meant to be able to 1v1 a solo laner or 2v1 the enemy bot if the adc dies. Next your going to tell me my adc should be able to 1v1 zed because it's more fun? For who? The zed? I don't think so. > > Supports now being able to almost double kill the enemy bot when ahead is part of the huge reason every bot lane goes 0-10 or 10-0. There is way too much damage and the second an ADC mis-steps they lose half of their HP and both summs because A SUPPORT has the power of a mid lane mage but gets gold for free and has the least expensive items in the game. Actually I played primarily Leona support because I like the all in engage and when I saw the rise of Annie support and zyra I switched to mages because they had an advantage I didn't and that was the ability to actually kill someone. I want support to be viable in the sense they don't solely exist to bolster and baby sit their adc. I want support to be respected in the sense they will be killed or even doubled if they play incorrectly and I don't mean 2v1 diving a Leona. Being under picked is healthy and it's going to happen but it's not okay to have a role that's ignored. In Dota there are a lot of different things a support can do that they can afford to generally do lower damage and league doesn't have that option. Yummi being a free kill is champion design but that shouldn't inherently be the defined role of a support based champion and that's to simply roll over and either die or give up objectives uncontested. That's the main reason I believe people play mage supports and that's because they have the ability to fight back and be a threat. No one wants to be useless when alone. I don't want the lane power of a laner but the reason support is in this state is because true support champions simply get outclassed. You can save the adc with shields or make the statement of we do more damage combined than you do so back off. When true supports offer more that's when they will be picked more. Until then damage and big numbers is what matters. This is not to say true supports don't work in league because they do and they have a place in the game and in certain situations. In a solo Q environment you simply can't trust other people to do their jobs and mage supports that slowly build damage can potentially carry when the adc fails or gets put too far behind. Personally I won't steal kills on purpose but if I see they are failing to secure kills or don't have the potential to carry I will start sneaking in some kills to bolster myself to see if I can carry instead.
: Which champion is the least played
I forgot kog and kalista even existed. I only see them in arams.
SirEnds (NA)
: What tilts you the most?
When the jungler doesn't realize what his role is. The reply that tilts me is "it's not my job to win your lane for you" meanwhile they haven't even attempted to gank the enemy with them overextended hitting my tower.
: Honestly fuck supports now, their damage increase over time has made bot lane snowball way too hard... Every supp in the game does rediculous dmg right now. Watching my thresh damn near 1v1 an ADC he hooked while I just last hit him for kill was the wtf is this role moment. Watching enchanters beat the shit out of a BF sword draven. Like even jannas fucking W max damage needed nerfed..... support dmg is an issue when someone like janna is getting damage nerfs.....what??? An ahead meta support can zone both the enemy AD and the enemy support by themselves. Why is this not being looked at? Anyone who blames support for them not climbing any more needs to be permabanned because this role is actually insane for the lack of micro-mechanics. Supports used to be the king of "heres this champion I brought to you, please end him" now it's more like "fuck you marskman, Ima 1v1 this scrub, try to last hit if you can loser".
> [{quoted}](name=I Play This Game,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nVMEaWE0,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-06-05T14:10:46.280+0000) > > Honestly fuck supports now, their damage increase over time has made bot lane snowball way too hard... Every supp in the game does rediculous dmg right now. Watching my thresh damn near 1v1 an ADC he hooked while I just last hit him for kill was the wtf is this role moment. Watching enchanters beat the shit out of a BF sword draven. Like even jannas fucking W max damage needed nerfed..... support dmg is an issue when someone like janna is getting damage nerfs.....what??? An ahead meta support can zone both the enemy AD and the enemy support by themselves. Why is this not being looked at? Anyone who blames support for them not climbing any more needs to be permabanned because this role is actually insane for the lack of micro-mechanics. > > Supports used to be the king of "heres this champion I brought to you, please end him" now it's more like "fuck you marskman, Ima 1v1 this scrub, try to last hit if you can loser". From my understanding of this you were okay with getting a free kill off a support because they couldn't defend themselves. No one's going to complain about a free double kill but I think it's a good thing supports can somewhat hold their own especially in the aftermath of a fight to help clean up. Support was a role no one wanted to play because if you ended up having to face off or defend a tower it wasn't any fun seeing you couldn't do anything about it. This is one of the gripes I have with yummi she literally is a free kill if her adc is killed in a 2v2 and had little to no chance at maybe sniping one kill. During a tower seige if her adc does get slain she literally sits there and has to watch without being a threat.
Moody P (NA)
: "I am counterpicked but I'm playing safe and letting him push. Surely my jungler will help me soon"
I never really understood letting top lane get bullied out of lane. If top is losing but isn't feeding then getting them a kill or even having jungle presence might be enough to turn it around. Some junglers acknowledge that top is looking rough but has no presence on the map. I don't think anyone is asking for the jungler to win their lane but you're supposed to be a wild card to give your laners an advantage randomly. A losing lane and a feeding lane is different. I won't gank a lane that fed 4 kills before 10 mins.
: I quit a few months back because damage was too high. How is the current state of the game?
A simple search or browse would of answered this question for you.
Lan Fan (EUW)
: Any "No meta" thing is troll until a pro plays it, and it's annoying
The people that get paid to play the game discover new tactics that work and with math and strategy behind it. Average Joe that wants to go aftershock jinx has no real idea as to why it's viable or isn't viable. Also the average Joe is doing that nonsense in games where people aren't trying to practice builds or have the skill capable of overcoming the shortcomings or weakness of doing a bad build. To you or anyone like you the meta is annoying but there's a meta for a reason and going against the meta doesn't really help you much in some cases it can help with odd picks or picks people don't or match against often. More often than not a champion out of Meta is for a particular reason.
: What is one skin you always forget exists?
: Dear jungler, stop mental booming at everything.
I'm sure there's more to the story than kayne losing scuttle. It's no reason to afk or rage quit but I'm pretty sure he just didn't get it in time.
: The old season was hell to climb and it felt really bad. You would win like 3 games gain like 25 mmr lose 1 game and drop 40 mmr. It was absolute hell trying to climb in rank i like LP and the ladder system much better its way more transparent and effective at placing people.
> [{quoted}](name=Reckless Anubis,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5T8A0YLV,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-27T06:13:35.989+0000) > > The old season was hell to climb and it felt really bad. You would win like 3 games gain like 25 mmr lose 1 game and drop 40 mmr. It was absolute hell trying to climb in rank i like LP and the ladder system much better its way more transparent and effective at placing people. You know it still works the same way right? You literally just can't see it happening because it's disguised with LP/divisions.

AetherFlow

Level 130 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion