Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Akaash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N1tIdBOE,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-12-03T03:51:18.191+0000) > > Yes, this is why we shouldn't fine companies for breaking the law, because the customers have to pay for it!!!!! Companies should be allowed to do whatever they want without penalty!!!!!! > > > Do you see how that sounds? Hypothetically, what if riot was innocent and settled to make the matter go away ASAP? Hypothetically, what if riot had bad lawyers who wove the white flag on a winnable case? Hypothetically, what if not all of the accusers were being honest? Hypothetically, what if riot settled not because they were guilty, but because they were terrified of a jury? Settling doesn't always mean you are guilty of a crime. Here's some more food for thought. When an underfunded government agency isn't able to keep up to regulations because it doesn't have money and is found out, another government agency comes in and fines them. How does that help the situation?
> [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N1tIdBOE,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T04:14:44.467+0000) > > Hypothetically, what if riot was innocent and settled to make the matter go away ASAP? > Hypothetically, what if riot had bad lawyers who wove the white flag on a winnable case? > Hypothetically, what if not all of the accusers were being honest? > Hypothetically, what if riot settled not because they were guilty, but because they were terrified of a jury? > > Settling doesn't always mean you are guilty of a crime. > > Here's some more food for thought. When an underfunded government agency isn't able to keep up to regulations because it doesn't have money and is found out, another government agency comes in and fines them. How does that help the situation? Hypothetically, what if riot had tons of money and could easily win the case if they were innocent, but know they were clearly not and decided to settle because losing the case would cost them tons more money and PR damage than if they just settled. Oh wait, that's what actually happened. Looks like I don't need to rely on flimsy hypotheticals.
Rioter Comments
: That $10 million is going to have to be paid for by the players one way or another. Not good.
> [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N1tIdBOE,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-12-03T01:09:14.612+0000) > > That $10 million is going to have to be paid for by the players one way or another. Not good. Yes, this is why we shouldn't fine companies for breaking the law, because the customers have to pay for it!!!!! Companies should be allowed to do whatever they want without penalty!!!!!! Do you see how that sounds?
afmghost (NA)
: Who came up with the idea to make LED headlights?
I kinda forgot these were a thing. I got 5% tint in my rear window so I just see orbs of light instead of being blinded. Tint your windows, it's worth it.
: How is ChickenWrap even still a MOD/Specialize?
I think CW is a wet fish. But he's still a GDer and should actually be a mod for GD.
: I'm the last of my friends.
It happens people grow out of games or don't have time for them anymore. Game is 10 years old, most of my friends are boring people who just focus on work. But if you keep on making new friends it's not so bad.
: Mods & U: Misconceptions about why we hate Boards users (The answer might surprise you (we don't!))
Oi CW, you know what some of my removals are for. Which category do I fall into?
: What champ looks like they would eat orphans.
: Me: Hi I've had this login name since January of 2010
I mean... My account name is blocked because of my EUW account name. Both are on the same email address... This is like bronze elo of security checks.
: I need the help of a diamond - challenger player with lots of expierience
The best thing you can do to climb is to win more games. The best way to win more games is to take objectives (like turrets and dragons) A lot of lower elo players will win a fight and then go back to farming. This is wrong. After you win a fight you should be trying to get something meaningful that will help you end the game.
: allow rank shaming (serious post)
Imagine asking for rank shaming and thinking that plat is high elo.... Diamond only, no backtalk.
Ulanopo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Akaash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=0002000000010001,timestamp=2019-11-25T01:37:27.222+0000) > > You legit gave me a warning for telling someone to get good. I legit gave you a simple removal **without warning**. >OK kid, let's get something straight. I'm going to be honest, this is like some puffed-up dude at a bar going on about how "alpha" they are. Nobody who is actually tough, smart or confident has to tell you those things. Do you really think this sort of argument is going to affect how I moderate, because all I do is shake my head and laugh. >No one cares about how much a mod suspends other players, all we care about is the reasoning for the suspensions. I beg to differ. The person I was responding to - the OP - explicitly said I was moderating GD too often. >If Eva and Jikker suspend more players and with better reasons than you do, it doesn't make them trigger happy. It makes them better mods than you are... And that's because they understand the atmosphere of GD. Have you considered what having "GD culture" be defined by letting people be anonymously rude over the internet says about the people who use it? I mean, I have. I'm one of the people who fought tooth and nail for the expanded guidelines for GD. I'm one of the people who thinks that a slightly more relaxed space is a good thing, even if I don't use it. The catch there, of course, is "slightly." You don't see the back end and what people try to get away with. We have to maintain the standards we have or else the board will turn into something just as bad as YouTube or Facebook comments. And, yeah, the OP remains completely wrong about ModSquad because, again, I see the things they did back in the day. I get that there will always be some people who will disagree with moderation. I respect that opinion, even as I continue to do the best I can for all the Boards, including GD. _(I also think it's funny how people forget I don't go trolling GD for things to remove. Everything I remove from GD is the result of encountering it in the queue, which means that at least one other person who is in GD thought it was a problem.)_
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=00020000000100010000,timestamp=2019-11-25T02:03:09.885+0000) > > I legit gave you a simple removal **without warning**. > I think you missed the point. It's not about the severity of the punishment. It's about the reasoning for it. > because all I do is shake my head and laugh. > I'm going to be honest, this is like some puffed-up dude at a bar going on about how "alpha" they are. Nobody who is actually tough, smart or confident has to tell you those things. (You were upset that my phrasing was condescending and then you ended your retort with a condescending phrase, so I just snipped the first part of your post and read it back to you. It's kinda ironic, but people generally don't see that they're being a hypocrit unless it's explicitly pointed out to them) > I beg to differ. The person I was responding to - the OP - explicitly said I was moderating GD too often. > > Have you considered what having "GD culture" be defined by letting people be anonymously rude over the internet says about the people who use it? I mean, I have. I'm one of the people who fought tooth and nail for the expanded guidelines for GD. I'm one of the people who thinks that a slightly more relaxed space is a good thing, even if I don't use it. > I read the OP again, it says nothing about how often you moderate, just that other people should be doing it instead. It's not necessarily about being rude, it's about being snarky. And snark goes together with online forums like vapidity with reality TV. > The catch there, of course, is "slightly." You don't see the back end and what people try to get away with. We have to maintain the standards we have or else the board will turn into something just as bad as YouTube or Facebook comments. And, yeah, the OP remains completely wrong about ModSquad because, again, I see the things they did back in the day. > I was on GD when every night there was hardcore porn on GD, and people made games out of seeing how long it would last. That was when we really needed moderation. But trying to regulate snarky people doesn't make sense. We used to have pendragon come on the forums and snarkily explain to people why they got banned. > I get that there will always be some people who will disagree with moderation. I respect that opinion, even as I continue to do the best I can for all the Boards, including GD. > > _(I also think it's funny how people forget I don't go trolling GD for things to remove. Everything I remove from GD is the result of encountering it in the queue, which means that at least one other person who is in GD thought it was a problem.)_ I mean, you might be a good mod overall, but not a good mod for GD. It's the same thing with that one guy who was active on the memes and games forum.
Ulanopo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-24T22:39:26.027+0000) > > How is one person responsible for 80% of removals? That either means you're spending exorbitantly more time on the boards moderating than all of the other boards moderators *combined*, or it means your filter for "what is acceptable" is significantly more stringent than the rest of the GD mods. If it's the former, then I'm sorry. If it's the latter, then that seems to indicate there's a problem with you in particular. We have plenty of GD mods here that are native GDers. Maybe they would have removed that post, too, and that would be fine if so. But there is something drastically wrong when the majority of removals on GD are being handled by a single outsider. That's observation bias on your part. I don't generally handle GD. I'm much more likely to be found in PB or Gameplay. I also don't do the majority of the moderating. Funny story: I was bored a couple months ago and ran some stats. Want to know the mods most likely to suspend a poster? Evangele and Jikker. Both "GD natives" who are much more active on GD than I am.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-11-24T23:45:42.877+0000) > > That's observation bias on your part. I don't generally handle GD. I'm much more likely to be found in PB or Gameplay. I also don't do the majority of the moderating. > > Funny story: I was bored a couple months ago and ran some stats. Want to know the mods most likely to suspend a poster? Evangele and Jikker. Both "GD natives" who are much more active on GD than I am. OK kid, let's get something straight. No one cares about how much a mod suspends other players, all we care about is the reasoning for the suspensions. If Eva and Jikker suspend more players and with better reasons than you do, it doesn't make them trigger happy. It makes them better mods than you are... And that's because they understand the atmosphere of GD. Also I'm going to post this right here. https://gyazo.com/40a2adebdeaccf8c39e170da5984537b.png You legit gave me a warning for telling someone to get good.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akaash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZmIEM5bX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-23T22:27:27.579+0000) > > The game is being balanced around VGC instead of casual play, and the best way to refresh competitive is to remove pokemon. > > It's amazing that all the stupid ultrabeasts are gone. and yet you can get a beast ball post game.
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZmIEM5bX,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-23T22:36:58.176+0000) > > and yet you can get a beast ball post game. High level collection is about getting pokemon in certain rare balls. So yeah, this game has a lot of features that aren't for casual players.
Cloud273 (NA)
: The fact that these pokemon games are selling well is EXTREMELY disturbing...
The game is being balanced around VGC instead of casual play, and the best way to refresh competitive is to remove pokemon. It's amazing that all the stupid ultrabeasts are gone.
xGvPx (NA)
: Is the Akali hoodie for real?
In fairness, if you removed the R Key and all the text, and just replaced it with a single "Supreme" it'd prob be $500
: Unlink ARAM mmr to Summoners Rift mmr
Just get good. If you get to a good enough aram MMR you will only play arams with high aram elo players instead of just high elo players. Or realize that aram is a for fun gamemode, so it doesn't really matter.
Julevi (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=CallieDog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=v08EEQg6,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-07T07:28:09.731+0000) > > report someone everygame for the stuff they say in chat, I know its petty but if I am going to get a chat ban for the bare minimum then others will be getting reported for bare minimum. So let me get this straight: you are quite pissed that you get banned for "passive-aggressiveness" but still seek revenge and therefore report people for stuff that doesn't even bother you? "Riot" (=employees or the automated system) usually doesn't check the chat without a report/ticket. Another PLAYER reported you for your behaviour and apparently it was enough to warrant a punishment. Now you take on their role and report other people out of spite?
> [{quoted}](name=Julevi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=v08EEQg6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-07T07:48:18.995+0000) > > So let me get this straight: you are quite pissed that you get banned for "passive-aggressiveness" but still seek revenge and therefore report people for stuff that doesn't even bother you? "Riot" (=employees or the automated system) usually doesn't check the chat without a report/ticket. Another PLAYER reported you for your behaviour and apparently it was enough to warrant a punishment. Now you take on their role and report other people out of spite? Person he reported should have been banned. Doesn't matter if he was banned or what he was banned for. It's not like he's switching sides or getting revenge, he's just giving a pointless story about how he was banned.
: The Most Kills you ever got in a game!
I can't remember all my games, but I do have this ancient screencap from ranked season 1. https://gyazo.com/4d5000d54550c170dc5c345d89169bd2.png
: What is wrong with Riots security? PERMABANNED????
So let's be honest. Online security is kinda a mess, but it's probably not riot's fault or even your own fault. https://haveibeenpwned.com/ That website can help you find out if your email has ever been potentially compromised. But also, there's tons of stupid things that happen that allow people to steal accounts. For example, neopets stored passwords in plaintext and has been hacked several times. Or my personal favorite is that hotmail is literally the biggest PoS ever. They delete inactive accounts... so if another user makes an account with the same username, they can use the reset password function every website has to steal every account you had associated with that email. And when you adult instead of email hacks you realize this happens with identity theft and there's not much you can reasonably do about it.
Akaash (NA)
: Is there an FAQ for the 10 days of gifting?
At least that's a little big of information, but a timeline would be really nice. My work trip is roughly 2 weeks long :(
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=DartExplosion10,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uZvtHMv9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-12T15:29:52.007+0000) > > ?? https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2142090.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Michael-Jackson.jpg Weird lips, tiny deformed nose, high cheek bones, large space between up lip and nose, smallish oval resting eyes, and unnatural, freakishly pale color. I wonder if LS isn't bleaching his skin here. In Asia women bleach their skin pale and avoid the sun.
> [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uZvtHMv9,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:59:53.142+0000) > > https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2142090.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Michael-Jackson.jpg > > Weird lips, tiny deformed nose, high cheek bones, large space between up lip and nose, smallish oval resting eyes, and unnatural, freakishly pale color. I wonder if LS isn't bleaching his skin here. In Asia women bleach their skin pale and avoid the sun. Reminder that Michael Jackson had a skin condition that made parts of his skin lose pigment, he only dyed his skin to even it out. Don't be a dick about other people's medical conditions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo
: ARAM AFK Abuse
There's actually a bug right now where the game crashes while loading in. It's happening constantly to my friends and I, and if no one lets you know that a game has started you could be super late entering.
: League is almost 10 years old, send your oldest game screens !
https://oimg.photobucket.com/albums/v625/batosia95136/Thebestrating.png I have a really good one that showed how toxic the game actually used to be, but I can't post it because I'm too lazy to filter names.
: Looking for a strong pair of audio headphones, preferably with a good microphone below $200.
Astrogaming headsets are underrated. They're pricey, but I can leave mine on all day without issue. Also you can get wireless ones so you can yell at your friends while you poop. (and or hear queue popping when you go get a snack or something)
Rioter Comments
: 967 skins with 4 more on the way what should the 1000 be?
Wait... we don't even have 1K skins.... I have over half the skins then, yikes. https://gyazo.com/dcc84ed20934e3b805533896fbb0d0d2.png
: It's lovely of Riot to give lesser-known artists opportunities but...
Most live performances don't sound the same as studio versions. There are few exceptions to this like Brendan Urie from Panic at the Disco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ-t1bEjfUw
: Some questions on MMR and lp gains
MMR works fine. LP is a mask to protect the egos of bad players. LP always people to keep their gold ranking even when their MMR isn't near gold. LP is what's at fault, and riot doesn't want to change it because baddies would start to cry.
: "there!league's anti-cheat bullshit doesn't allow it to be virtualized. bots and scripts solved (::"
Just because people can steal your bank information online doesn't mean you should give your credit card number to random people. Likewise, just because people found a way around an wall, doesn't mean riot should tear down the wall. Even though I agree that league should be on linux, your logic is flawed, to the point where I doubt you even use Ubuntu.
: Riot: Toxicity is against the rules.
Elo shaming is against the rules on the boards. But if you get into a game you can call people bronzies as much as you want, as long as you don't insult them in any other way.
: PLEASE BAN SMURFS!
Without smurfs, new players would actually have no one to play with and queue times would take hours.
enshine (NA)
: I find it hilarious how "nAmE aNd ShAmE" is still banworthy
Naming and shaming is a joke even without op.gg. In this thread, I clicked on OP's username. (1 click) I then clicked on OP's match history (2 clicks) I then clicked on their last game played (3 clicks) In 3 clicks I got to this game: https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3116229826/2249865829632224?tab=overview If riot wanted to actually enforce naming and shaming. They would have to remove all content where people complain about their teammates, which honestly isn't a bad idea since that's garbage content anyways. Honestly, naming and shaming probably has a good usecase, but some of the moderators aren't smart enough to know when something qualifies or not. For example, if I played with this dude who frequently is on the forums, let's call him porktortilla, and he played tristana by jumping into the enemy team and instantly dying. It would be naming and shaming for me to go to the forums and spamming the video of him playing like soggy toiletpaper. However posting a screencap of some randoms playing poorly isn't meaningful, and honestly doesn't mean anything more than people complaining about their last game in text. Also I'm aware that I gave my example dude the name porktortilla and only referred to him with pronouns afterwards, but it doesn't make sense to name and shame someone if they didn't have a name.
: Login Rewards!
Log in rewards are a joke. It's literally to clickbait people into staying on a game. Instead riot has a first win of the day, which requires you to play.
: "I'd rather have a 10 minute queue and be put as my role than a 2 minute queue and be autofilled"
Yeah sure... if it were 10 minutes no problem. In mid to high Diamond though, it would be closer to an hour. Honestly, riot should go back to the original ranked system with no role selection where instead of being a whiny baby, you just had to learn to play other roles.
: That’s a lot of games. How long ha e you been playing?
> [{quoted}](name=Polaris I,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7sP2EXjs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T02:51:51.755+0000) > > That’s a lot of games. How long ha e you been playing? Since season 1. I think the first champion released when I started was irelia or lux?
Rioter Comments
nixx031 (EUNE)
: What does it take to get normal teammates in promos?
There are some people who keep their MMR at elo threshholds and will lose games if they have promos players on their team. btw, when are you planning on queuing up?
Rioter Comments
: Does Riot have any company integrity or good corporate practice?
It's standard business practice in the tech industry. Also, fuck the tech industry.
Joneecc (NA)
: 53 minutes. Why release it if your servers can't handle it?
> [{quoted}](name=Joneecc,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EkV7IvVA,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-06-27T02:50:45.076+0000) > > 35 minutes. Why release it if your servers can't handle it? Every highly anticipated online game has server issues. No one builds servers just to handle the first day flood of people.
sina1382 (EUNE)
: when will iran accounts unbanned?
When world leaders stop having dick slinging contests.
Spotty (NA)
: why doesnt twitch ban girls with their chest exposed?
Imagine being such a shitty person that exposed skin offends you.
: Can We Address Red-Side Bot-Lane Camera Disadvantage (2nd Turret)
Uhhhh, using fixed camera is a skill related issue. Red side has a massive advantage in bot lane. Caitlin traps are bonkers when you can put them under the tower and perpendicular to minions.
: What female ranged champions are frail looking but is a fighter and can fight up close?
: Can someone go over and check my Perm Ban for me?
If you say something that is %%%'d out you definitely deserved the perma-ban.
: The State Of California Is Investigating Riot Games For Gender Discrimination
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TRq3OnEt,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-14T03:54:16.053+0000) > > ------------------- > > Crap like this is why I refuse to give Riot money. It's crazy how many people will give a pass to Riot's ridiculous and, frankly, illegal behavior yet bash other companies who work ethically like Epic Games. > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} > > I can't think of a single videogame company who has had THIS many scandals in a row yet remain in business. Can you? Most companies have way more scandals, you just aren't aware of them. Maybe you should read the news more. Doesn't make what riot does right. But pretending they're unique shows massive ignorance.
: QoL Change For the Next Event
> [{quoted}](name=Fighter Ignite1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=upif0Jfk,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-09T21:40:49.289+0000) > > I have this awkward amount of tokens: > https://i.imgur.com/8up1NAy.png > I don't have enough to get something like a champion shard or icon. I'm not going to buy key shard since I have so many keys: > https://i.imgur.com/eAv7ClC.png > So my only option is to buy blue essence 34 times and the open all the 'chest,' which can take awhile. My simple solution is to reduce for the next event (for anyone who might get something awkward like this like me) is to make it so you can also buy 100 BE for 10 tokens. I'd like to reiterate that not only can you only buy 10BE at a time. But after you buy it you can only redeem 10 BE at a time. You literally have to redeem the award twice. The first gives you 10 1BE shards. The second lets you redeem 10 BE shards at a time. What the fuck.
Show more

Akaash

Level 270 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion