: Champions are allowed to have strengths and weaknesses. Darius is _meant_ to have favorable matchups into most melee champs, because that's what he's good at. This is not to say that he doesn't have weaknesses, and ignoring these doesn't mean they don't exist. Like, is Caitlyn also "cancer" (-_-) because her auto range is longer than Lucian's? Is Jarvan "cancer" if he ults onto a non-mobile, Flashless champ? Is Baron "cancer" because it provides a buff to the team that kills it? ("Where is the counterplay here? It's either kill Baron or lose!") Take another look at where you draw the line between legitimate advantage and cancer.
Sorry but nowhere in my post was "QQ Darius is a hard matchup". He's not just "good vs melee"--that's Renekton you are thinking of. Darius is "either I make you useless merely by existing or you pick a champ that counters me and the role is reversed". That's called binary aka bad design. His rework made it slightly less terrible, but he still is definitely very much plagued by the same issues.
: Y'all can detect OP's sarcasm but not mine. You're sarcasm peasants.
M3TH0D (NA)
: Thanks for all you do, Riot, but...Wins/CS/Takedowns/Item Sets/Grief
A bit more melodramatic than what passed through my mind (More like "Wtf? Well... shit" for me), but yeah, otherwise thinking the same thing. On the other hand, OP.GG getting a lot more use from me now lol. Maybe Riot felt like they could skimp on features for now since 3rd party sites already do the same thing, but if that ain't lazy I dunno what is.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akaliholic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Oy3gNcBy,comment-id=00010000000000010000,timestamp=2017-04-25T21:17:11.676+0000) > > Yes, and all that applied BEFORE the rework. My point is that he's still almost as unhealthy as ever. > > Sure you can beat him. Doesn't mean that he's suddenly healthy. Not much has really changed from the old Darius to now in terms of what his opponents can do against him. And it was pretty much unanimous back in the day that release Darius was pretty much the most toxic and worst designed kit ever. "all that applied BEFORE..." No it doesn't. Before the rework his Q was instant making it near impossible to dodge, and even if you did only get hit by the handle darius didn't care because it applied a bleed stack anyways for his ultimate. His W was a monstrosity that gave him unparalleled early game dueling with its slow AND cripple. His E was bullshit (though one could argue that's old code and not old darius's design).
You're replying to something completely different than what I'm talking about. I was saying specifically that all the less-than-ideal things that EndlessSorcerer listed as so-called counterplay were things you had to do to deal with him even before the rework, and they are still all you can do against him now if you don't have one of the champs that has tools to handle him. Not much has changed in that regard. What you are saying doesn't really stack up even if it was on topic though, because it's not like you can now suddenly do something against a Darius if you weren't able to before the rework. He's still an incredibly binary match-up for most other melees, and beating on him relies on him being bad more than you being good. Sure, he has SLIGHTLY more wiggle room if you are facing him, but the argument is whether or not the rework successfully made him significantly more healthy, and the answer is; No, not really.
OHminus (NA)
: {{champion:80}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:78}} You were saying about no melees being able to beat Darius top?
No, I wasn't saying about "no melees". I said "few". Also, you're completely wrong on two of those.
: There are a very large selection of melees that go even with or beat Darius The only ones he stomps on for free are tanks and Yasuo
Simply not true. Unless you only face bad Darius's. The number that cannot do anything against a well-played Darius is much much more than just tanks and Yasuo.
Looknook (NA)
: I will agree that Darius is a pain to play against if your Melee and even more so if you play a tank. However I do not agree that playing against Darius is binary. It might not be fun but there are options, like staying away, playing safe in lane, utilizing slows and stuns to keep him from moving. I'm sorry if my post came off as saying Darius is perfection cause I don't think that. Rather what I meant was his update succeded because it made Darius able to do more things that Darius players wanted to do rather than changing the champ or giving him some weird gimmick as so many other champ updates have done.
It's fine if you want to say that, and I'd agree. But that doesn't make him healthier. Health = How well he fits into the game without breaking some aspect of it: In this case, reasonable ability to outplay him as a melee champion. The only other character that is as bad as Darius in that regard is pretty much Quinn. Who is admittedly even worse in some ways, but at least falls off incredibly hard in trade.
: Counter-play involved strategies/tactics one may use to defeat him. Playing safely, outnumbering and kiting are all valid forms of counter-play. This is a strategic team-oriented game; not everything must be handled in straight 1v1 fight to the death.
Yes, and all that applied BEFORE the rework. My point is that he's still almost as unhealthy as ever. Sure you can beat him. Doesn't mean that he's suddenly healthy. Not much has really changed from the old Darius to now in terms of what his opponents can do against him. And it was pretty much unanimous back in the day that release Darius was pretty much the most toxic and worst designed kit ever.
: While he is annoying to fight, that isn't really related to being a successful rework. They stayed true to the champion's thematics, personality and playstyle while making him healthier for the game. In that respect, they were quite successful.
Except your argument for "healthier" is "now he has counterplay". But he really doesn't. Not if you are melee and not one of the select few that has the tools to deal with him. Counterplay for Darius is same as it's always been "go ranged or go home" or "kill him as a team". Counterplay involves "possibility of victory if you outplay him". But that's not really there unless he's just reeeally bad or you just happen to counter him with your champion. He's still a failure because he's still binary: Either you have the tools to deal with him... or you lose.
Looknook (NA)
: Why Darius's Gameplay Update Succeeded Where So Many Others Have Failed
Except that Darius is still full-on cancer for most melee matchups. It's also incredibly easy for him to get 5 stacks on you any time you try to trade with him thanks to his grab and insane slow. Unless you have a very strong hit-and-run type of kit, there's no counterplay here because he can 5-stack you any time you try anything against him. And I'm pretty sure "dont get hit by the edge of his Q" has been the deal since he was released--so that has nothing to do with the rework--but its a bit of a stupid idea for counterplay regardless since being up in his face is usually suicide as well. I don't think we should consider Darius to be a success. Just "slightly less cancer than before". :P If it wasn't such a well articulated post I'd almost assume sarcasm tbh. Darius is not really in a good place at all. Still in a "Ban if you want to play melee top" place.
: 10 bans on the horizon, lets bid farewell to Lee Sin and Yasuo
Don't ban Yasuo! I win more games vs Yasuo than any other champ!! He's my Meals-on-(Wind)Wheels.
: How can i get an S+ on teemo top
Like everyone, to get the best possible grade you need near perfect CS. That's the part that most people fail on.
: He didn't take it out of context, the context is there for those who comprehend. Buddhism (just like Jesus' christianity originally) was about absolute submission. As Christian you cannot judge because even mass murderer might be but a tool in God's perfect plan. You don't know their feelings. You don't know their purpose. Thus you shall not judge. In same way, Buddhism was about avoiding attracting (bad) karma by good behaviour which was defined as submission. Not that I'd agree with those philosophies.
Except that what I said was to not gloss over the fact that the behavior is inexcusable, and he brought in Buddhism to try and gloss over it. Go figure. But Buddhism doesn't excuse being an asshole, nor does it condone ignoring the suffering of those abused by assholes. He may personally be able to put up with it, but in emphasizing that fact he's neglecting the fact that not everyone can.
: > Don't gloss over the fact that that is simply inexcusable behavior. I have no problems tolerating such behavior. The following is a snippit of Buddhism: "Punna, the Sunaparanta people are fierce. They are rough. If they insult and ridicule you, what will you think?" "If they insult and ridicule me, I will think, 'These Sunaparanta people are civilized, very civilized, in that they don't hit me with their hands.' That is what I will think, O Blessed One. That is what I will think, O One Well-gone." "But if they hit you with their hands, what will you think?" "...I will think, 'These Sunaparanta people are civilized, very civilized, in that they don't hit me with a clod.'..." "But if they hit you with a clod...?" "...I will think, 'These Sunaparanta people are civilized, very civilized, in that they don't hit me with a stick.'..." "But if they hit you with a stick...?" "...I will think, 'These Sunaparanta people are civilized, very civilized, in that they don't hit me with a knife.'..." "But if they hit you with a knife...?" "...I will think, 'These Sunaparanta people are civilized, very civilized, in that they don't take my life with a sharp knife.'..." "But if they take your life with a sharp knife...?" "If they take my life with a sharp knife, I will think, 'There are disciples of the Blessed One who — horrified, humiliated, and disgusted by the body and by life — have sought for an assassin, but here I have met my assassin without searching for him.' That is what I will think, O Blessed One. That is what I will think, O One Well-gone." "Good, Punna, very good. Possessing such calm and self-control you are fit to dwell among the Sunaparantans. Now it is time to do as you see fit."
We should all strive to be personally immune to other people's bad behavior, but that doesn't mean we EXCUSE it when it's done to people around us. GJ taking Buddhism out of context though.
: Older generation: If your friends jump off a bridge, will you aswell? No. Newer generation: If your friends jump off a bridge, will you aswell? That is offensive. You shouldn't make light of suicide. Someone might actually do it.
You know, I hate PC culture as much as the next guy, but getting pretty tired of the people on the opposite side taking things out of context and excusing all manner of bullshit. Everybody is responsible for their own feelings and decisions yes, but that goes both ways and means the speaker can be held responsible for speaking carelessly and being a dick. Guess what? Back in the old days, they also had this concept called "common decency". Something that has also been lost along with thick skins apparently. Simply put: Don't tell people to KYS. That's just being a full-on asshat. Don't gloss over the fact that that is simply inexcusable behavior.
: Words only matter as much as people allow them to. If someone really would kill themselves over what some stranger on the Internet says, then under no circumstance should they be using the Internet whatsoever.
Sorry but that's false. You don't put all the responsibility for a crime on the victim, and likewise you don't pretend like the speaker has no responsibility to watch his own words. If you say hurtful things, you are in the wrong, no matter how much you think that somebody else should be able to "take it like a man". It's not a matter of political correctness or some bullshit, just basic human decency.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akaliholic,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=GycKAhdT,comment-id=00060000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-22T04:20:28.597+0000) > > By that logic you have no business starting with the premise that it IS working either then. As apparently no personal opinion on the matter is valid no matter how well-founded. Except it's very evident that it is, judging by how the country, y'know... Is a functioning socialist country. Same thing with Denmark and Finland, Sweden, Norway...
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=GycKAhdT,comment-id=000600000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-22T04:23:24.704+0000) > > Except it's very evident that it is, judging by how the country, y'know... Is a functioning socialist country. > > Same thing with Denmark and Finland, Sweden, Norway... Depends on your definition of "functioning" lol. Unless by that you very generously mean "not imminently on the verge of collapse" then no, it's not "very evident". There are major caveats to all the countries you just name-dropped. The question isn't whether a country can survive with socialist systems in place (it can, somewhat, under certain conditions), it's whether or not said systems are healthy or ideal for the people living there in the long term. To a certain extent social safety nets can be workable and valuable, but when the government tries to have a hand in everything it ultimately spells trouble for the people one way or another, and Canada in particular is definitely not a shining example of everything going great. :P
: > [{quoted}](name=Akaliholic,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=GycKAhdT,comment-id=000600000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-22T03:50:00.629+0000) > > So first you assume I have no experience with what I'm talking about, and when it turns out I do, you move the bar and pretend that that experience is irrelevant to the conversation. Nice. > > Sorry but personal views are what conversations are made of. Nobody says anything that is not reflective of their own personal view, so it's silly to try and counter with that. All I said is that having seen it first-hand, I'm not a fan of what they have to deal with. But your personal views are not a direct reflection of how well a country is doing. Just because _you_ don't like it doesn't mean it's not working. You can't say Socialism isn't working for Canada simply because you don't like what's happening.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=GycKAhdT,comment-id=0006000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-22T03:54:54.854+0000) > > But your personal views are not a direct reflection of how well a country is doing. Just because _you_ don't like it doesn't mean it's not working. You can't say Socialism isn't working for Canada simply because you don't like what's happening. By that logic you have no business starting with the premise that it IS working either then. As apparently no personal opinion on the matter is valid no matter how well-founded.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akaliholic,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=GycKAhdT,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-22T02:46:07.150+0000) > > The irony of this statement, seeing as how I'm a random person on the internet you have no idea about period. > > In fact, I know firsthand what its like in Canada, and can safely say I'm not a fan of what they have to deal with as a result. So your _personal_ view on Canada and disagreement with how its running means that Socialism isn't working well for Canada? I had no idea that's how it worked.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=GycKAhdT,comment-id=00060000000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-22T03:03:46.874+0000) > > So your _personal_ view on Canada and disagreement with how its running means that Socialism isn't working well for Canada? > > I had no idea that's how it worked. So first you assume I have no experience with what I'm talking about, and when it turns out I do, you move the bar and pretend that that experience is irrelevant to the conversation. Nice. Sorry but personal views are what conversations are made of. Nobody says anything that is not reflective of their own personal view, so it's silly to try and counter with that. All I said is that having seen it first-hand, I'm not a fan of what they have to deal with.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akaliholic,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=GycKAhdT,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-04-22T01:27:31.751+0000) > > Not really, no. Oh, I had no idea you were Canadian!
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=GycKAhdT,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2017-04-22T01:34:37.892+0000) > > Oh, I had no idea you were Canadian! The irony of this statement, seeing as how I'm a random person on the internet you have no idea about period. In fact, I know firsthand what its like in Canada, and can safely say I'm not a fan of what they have to deal with as a result.
: It's working pretty good for Canada?
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=GycKAhdT,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-04-21T18:38:39.456+0000) > > It's working pretty good for Canada? Not really, no.
: wait what? great potential? id agree that moon has some potential but the rest of the team? they have been around forever and none of them are really improving so idk how you think they will become some great new team. id bet most of the team isnt on the roster next split.
I'll admit, most of them are mechanically mediocre players. But strategically they are honestly pretty decent, and a lot of their flaws could be worked around if they focus on improving their strengths. Mechanics matter in winning at worlds vs Koreans and such, but you can easily take NA finals just with good strategy. With how much experimentation we've seen from them this season, I think it'd be underestimating them too much to say they don't have potential to get a lot better. Don't focus too much on the individual performances, because that's only half the story in this game. (Though tbh, I feel like Balls is unfortunately a weak link, but other than that I think they can work with their current roster) I'm not saying they are really going to the top or anything though. Just that they can at least put up a good fight for NA finals eventually.
: Anyone scared to see their favorite champions reworked?
Yes. Supposedly Akali is fairly high priority for rework, but Riot has only hurt her identity and viability the more they screw with her. I'm SOMEWHAT content with the way she is now even though she's pretty weak and clunky, but I definitely worry that any major changes to her would completely miss the mark on what she is supposed to be and what keeps people like me faithful to her. So I'd kinda rather Riot just leave her alone even if it means leaving her weak.
Adalvar (EUW)
: I think that the this goes to show that some AP items {{item:3146}} {{item:3285}} and now {{item:3100}} are a tad too homogeneous in their capabilities. When characters like {{champion:103}} and {{champion:7}}, who have no AA modifiers, still make use of Lich Bane, or when Luden's Echo, which should primarily be a siege based item, was being used universally, maybe it goes to show that AP item passives should be made into more situational cases overall
Tbh, Gunblade should be made 50/50 AP/AD rather than skewed toward AP the way it is now. And then characters like Akali and Teemo who normally build pure AP after Gunblade should be changed so that they can viably choose to supplement it with additional AD purchases the way Jax and Kayle can. (Though I can't really see Akali ever building the kind of AD items that Jax and Kayle like; BoRK, Guinsoo's, etc, it'd be cool if raw AD was viable on her, like Maw or Bloodthirster)
: why are they boring? Redemption offers supports the ability to snipe kills make plays and have an impact. Too bad the fed yi cant braindead roflstomp games anymore?
They are boring. I play AP Sona, which is capable of being effective without Redemption, but any time something goes wrong I hear "GG no Redemption useless Sona". Redemption just doesn't fit my playstyle, so I shouldn't feel pressured into buying it due to it outclassing other options. Pretty sure that's not Riot's goal with support itemization. :P There are plenty of other interesting options for many supports, and all should be on the same level rather than one or two "super items".
: Friendly Reminder about using the Honor System
The problem with the honor system is that there is no reward for honoring people. Humans are selfish in general, most only will use a feature if there is something in it for them. And to make matters worse, many people feel like its all their team's fault when something goes wrong, which makes them very unlikely to want to do something positive. Riot needs to rebuild the system keeping those two things in mind.
dakm102 (NA)
: Well then............
Yeah agree, but I still have hope because I believe FlyQuest has really great potential. And Moon has shown himself to be a bonafide badass in the Jungle. Maybe one of the best Junglers in NA LCS. None of the 3 games that Fly lost were true "shutouts". They definitely made TSM work for it, and in fact, in a few of the games, if Altec's Ashe arrows had been more on point, the games might have gone in a completely different direction.
: > Teemo shouldn't really be a main consideration here. He's not a true hybrid. But he is. His main source of damage is his auto attack, and E posion. his effective build: {{item:3006}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3115}} {{item:3022}} {{item:3085}} {{item:3124}}
No, not really, his build does generally include Gunblade because its such a damn good item and he can make use of it, but Teemo is much less compatible with AA-enhancing items than Kayle. You need to build him almost Full AP to be effective. Void Staff, Liandries, etc. At higher levels I've never seen a Teemo do well with the build you suggest. A hybrid is an AP character with more than 1:1 scaling on bonus AD. Teemo has 1.0 AD ratio (just his AA), Akali has 2.9, Kayle has 2.4+, Jax has over 3.0 and a massive ASPD steroid, Evelynn has 2.2, etc. Those are the characters that Gunblade should be designed around. Akali has always just been the main user of it because she's such a weak champion that she relies on its active and spellvamp to be even remotely decent. Jax and Kayle have always been able to get away with ignoring it and focusing on items that do more for their damage.
: "Legacy client being removed next week." Well hello to you too, bugs and crashes.
Do they even realize there is a blatant and serious bug with the rune page interface atm...?
: Gunblade on teemo has been core for a while now, and he's on of the very few champions in existence that can benefit heavily from a hybrid build along with Jax and kayle. As the only hybrid item in the game, this item should basically be built for him, so making it melee only doesn't make very much sense.
Bro. Akali is the iconic Gunblade user. She's been the main user of it for as long as it has existed and it has never once NOT been a part of her core build. Don't troll me by talking about Teemo. Teemo shouldn't really be a main consideration here. He's not a true hybrid.
Meddler (NA)
: Not sure yet, that's why it's on our list of things we need to assess now so later we can make better changes if needed. Its effectiveness certainly varies a lot champ to champ, it does also just have a lot of raw stats for its cost though.
Please make sure Akali gets appropriate compensation if a nerf on Gunblade goes through. She's the only champ in the game that is so weak she relies on Gunblade's raw power to be viable.
: NERF_AKALI (3)
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Akaliholic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yz9hahi8,comment-id=0012000100000000,timestamp=2017-04-13T00:45:33.584+0000) > > If its happening enough for people like me to randomly run into it in ranked, thats magnitude enough. That's one game out of something like 1.5 million that would be played today. That's not enough. > Its one thing to lose LP to stuff that is your fault or the fault of your ISP (or other people's)---thats out of Riots hands. no it isn't, extremely aggressive action against people with bad connections or who afk would reduce further games that would be damaged by them. It's always a question of how much harm is done by the action vs. how much harm is prevented. There are also other reasons the champion might not be disabled i.e. the cheat may not actually be Xerath specific and disabling him would just move people towards using the exploit in a different way
None of what you are saying addresses the real point: No amount of cheating in a competitive environment is tolerable. Not even 1 game. Internet/ISP problems are not Riot's responsibility to fix, cheating IS. That's a no-brainer. If Riot knows what is causing it they have responsibility to make sure that someone who goes out and picks up the script can't just starting ruining games at their own pleasure. Maybe its not just Xerath, but thats pointless speculation on our part. All we know is that Riot should do whatever they can to immediately prevent further cheating in ranked play. If disabling Xerath would have that effect, then they should disable Xerath in ranked. People could still play him in normals; the issue is that there should be NO room for any cheating in ranked no matter how few people it affects. I'm an Akali one-trick and I would say the same thing if it were Akali who was causing the issue, even though she's largely the only character I play in ranked. Also, its not just one game, its definitely at least dozens--possibly even hundreds--in NA alone. And that 1.5 million figure you throw around refers to the entire world, not the NA region.
: What. Stop pulling random numbers out of your ass and assuming what Riot is or isn't doing and why. You are operating 100% on assumptions. You realize I said "Not COUNTING the people complaining about it on the forums", right? If I as a single player am personally acquainted or have talked in game to multiple people who have run into it multiple times and have run into it myself, that suggests more than just being one of the "unlucky few".
That's not tiny. You don't understand what you are saying. Ranked is supposed to be a competitive space. Even if this was exploited "only" in 0.1% of all games, that would be 0.1% too many. Its fine to leave him enabled in normals, but Riot has a responsibility to make sure NO cheating WHATSOEVER is possible in ranked. Period. Also, I'm currently playing in Gold. Not Diamond. What are the odds that I personally know of 5 different matches where its been exploited as a single player out of thousands? Not that high. Either thats a rather extreme coincidence or this actually affects a fairly respectable chunk of the sample size. The forums mean nothing. I'm not appealing to the forums for proof and neither should you.
: What. Stop pulling random numbers out of your ass and assuming what Riot is or isn't doing and why. You are operating 100% on assumptions. You realize I said "Not COUNTING the people complaining about it on the forums", right? If I as a single player am personally acquainted or have talked in game to multiple people who have run into it multiple times and have run into it myself, that suggests more than just being one of the "unlucky few".
"No you are not" is not a valid rebuttal. Everything you've said is literally "I think that this must be the case and will decide that what I think is actual evidence". You have no actual grounds for any of what you are saying. I have no way to know for sure that my conclusion is correct, but I have SOME real reason to believe it is, unlike you.
: What. Stop pulling random numbers out of your ass and assuming what Riot is or isn't doing and why. You are operating 100% on assumptions. You realize I said "Not COUNTING the people complaining about it on the forums", right? If I as a single player am personally acquainted or have talked in game to multiple people who have run into it multiple times and have run into it myself, that suggests more than just being one of the "unlucky few".
No, I'm operating on anecdotal evidence, not assumptions. Learn the difference. Neither mean anything concrete, but one can be inferred from, the other is just asspulling.
Sukishoo (NA)
: The forum is a TINY TIIIIIIIIIINY group of people. There's like 500-1000 players MAYBE that use it at most. The game has over 60 Million, so again it's not an issue cause Riot hasn't felt the need to set up and address it instantly cause it's only affecting a very minuscule part of the game's population. And out of that there's like 10 threads. And with 1 person saying they run into it a few times also cuts back on how many people run into it and how much it is affecting others.
What. Stop pulling random numbers out of your ass and assuming what Riot is or isn't doing and why. You are operating 100% on assumptions. You realize I said "Not COUNTING the people complaining about it on the forums", right? If I as a single player am personally acquainted or have talked in game to multiple people who have run into it multiple times and have run into it myself, that suggests more than just being one of the "unlucky few".
Sukishoo (NA)
: Where's yours?? yeah that's what I thought.
How about the fact that I'm just a single player but I've run into it once myself and personally know two others who have run into it TWICE EACH. That doesn't count all the people on the forums starting to complain about it. Yeah that's not conclusive proof, but its more than what you got. Troll.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Then you obviously know nothing.
You are the one who knows nothing actually, because its not just a handful out of millions. Its many more than that. You are assuming its not that widespread, but in fact it is.
Quepha (NA)
: I've lost games due to dcs and bad ping. While I agree there should be harsh punishment for players who continue playing without getting their connections in order, that does not mean I think anyone who ever dcs or gets a lagspike should be instantly permabanned. There is an appropriate level of response for this issue. Permabanning everyone who abuses what is obviously a cheat? Absolutely, without question. Disabling a champion for the entire playerbase who honestly and fairly play that champion dozens of thousands of times every day? That depends on the magnitude at which the abuse is occurring.
If its happening enough for people like me to randomly run into it in ranked, thats magnitude enough. Its one thing to lose LP to stuff that is your fault or the fault of your ISP (or other people's)---thats out of Riots hands. It's another when its Riots fault for having a clearly abused bug in the game and you as a player have to suffer the loss for it. People not being able to play Xerath would be unfortunate, but thats less unfortunate than losing games to cheats that you might have won in an environment that is supposed to be competitive.
Quepha (NA)
: It doesn't sound to me like the exploit is actually that widespread. It would be ridiculous to shut down a champion played dozens of thousands of times per day over less than 100 matches.
You say that, but you might think differently if you were one of the people unlucky enough to pointlessly lose LP to it. Its widespread enough if dozens of people are spamming it in ranked and cheating literally dozens of games each. When it happened in my game the guy was like "already happened to me multiple times so I decided to just do it myself and quit the game after".
: I meant were his other team mates being jerks too?
Was just one other person that I remember, but oddly the rest of his team didn't want to report him. I was slightly amazed that people are so desperate for freelo that they'd forgive hacking if it works in their favor.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akaliholic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=X47ZE2ZQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-04-12T08:18:42.901+0000) > > Lol. Surprised to see myself name-dropped. But yeah, Riot needs to get on this ASAP. The Xerath's buddies were laughing in allchat and quite happy to be boosted by a hack. Was it just his duo partner or were the whole team dush? Usually when the enemy see a person who is intentionally feeding on my team and I ask them to report them since it is obvious they are purposely walking down mid they would usually encourage it and be cheering him on.
: People duoing players abusing the Xerath script should be perma ban INSTANTLY.
Lol. Surprised to see myself name-dropped. But yeah, Riot needs to get on this ASAP. The Xerath's buddies were laughing in allchat and quite happy to be boosted by a hack.
: For everyone complaining about the Xerath bug:
In the meantime people like me are losing LP in ranked from this BS. Is that acceptable? Better to just disable him. Its not just a select few that have access, random people are picking it up and using it in ranked.
: Thanks for raising visibility. We will be investigating this ASAP.
Just lost a ranked game to it. Why have you not disabled him with such an absurdly intrusive bug? Losing LP to this shit is not cool. I hope you guys have plans for compensation.
: Do yo see any quality games anymore ?
People have been saying this since season 1... its an age-old complaint that has never been entirely true or false, and it's not any more true today than it was at any time in the past 7 years. Good games happen from time to time, but they've always been rare because its not the nature of a 5v5 solo queue to generally provide them. That's something any veteran player should have come to terms with by now. You being bored and bitter is not the same thing as the game actually getting worse.
: Sorry, I'm just a filthy support main. And when I do go top, it's with Soraka, Morgana, Lulu, or the like. But excluding my odd-ball picks, aren't *most* top lane match-ups like this?
Nope. Panth is especially absurd because his harass is brutal and impossible to avoid and his "chunk your entire healthbar" combo is guaranteed. He literally deletes you from the lane if he gets ahead and you are playing one of the many champs that he counters. Cant even farm under turret thanks to his passive allowing him to not even care about your turret.
Rhyvin (NA)
: Can we get announcer packs?
This is something I suggested almost 7 years ago back when the game was still starting up. No idea why its not been done even now since it be such easy money for Riot. You'd think it'd be a win-win for everyone, so I've not the faintest clue whats going through their heads.
Show more

Akaliholic

Level 69 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion