: Flex? you called me a kid.
I did. Don't be so insecure. No one cares about your degrees or whatever either, so chill out.
: I'm 35, have 4 college degrees and make $118k. 2. You literally just went for "Support Karma" to tell us people can't catch "IBG Top Karma." Do you see the problem here? Itemization/Runes totally different? IBG Top Karma auto attacks. Ie; she's in range. Support Karma pokes and stays far far back. BIG difference. If IBG Karma is staying safe and no one can "Catch her," she's definitely not using her IBG at all. Difference between Support Karma and IBG Karma is about 187 Move speed, 60% More damage, more team shield utility (For the support Karma)
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oQETVdLH,comment-id=001800000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T15:14:16.928+0000) > > I'm 35, have 4 college degrees and make $118k. > > 2. You literally just went for "Support Karma" to tell us people can't catch "IBG Top Karma." > Do you see the problem here? Itemization/Runes totally different? > > IBG Top Karma auto attacks. Ie; she's in range. > Support Karma pokes and stays far far back. > > BIG difference. > > If IBG Karma is staying safe and no one can "Catch her," she's definitely not using her IBG at all. > > Difference between Support Karma and IBG Karma is about 187 Move speed, 60% More damage, more team shield utility (For the support Karma) Weird flex but okay Mr. degree holder.
: So basically, to win an argument, you're trying to say: Any legitimate examples of hard counter lanes are null and void "Because they should have been reworked/nerfed in the first place." And yeah. They kind of do. Or they go Morde top. Or they go Yorick. Yorick Trashes Karma.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oQETVdLH,comment-id=000a00000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T15:17:01.376+0000) > > So basically, to win an argument, you're trying to say: Any legitimate examples of hard counter lanes are null and void "Because they should have been reworked/nerfed in the first place." > > And yeah. They kind of do. Or they go Morde top. Or they go Yorick. Yorick Trashes Karma. Nah I could care less. I just think you put up a poor example. You were blaming people for picking a melee top, which top lane pretty much is, into a ranged champ. That's like blaming people for picking their mage main into an assassin, when most of the time the assassin gets picked after the fact they picked their mage. Same thing top. Someone picks Darius, the other person drools and picks some shit like Karma and dances around all game untouched. Point is, don't blame the people when change my actually be in order.
: The counterplay is to actually fight her? Any BC builder can dominate IBG Karma simply by catching her. Karma can catch a runner even without IBG. You do realize you're crying about a champ with innately low damage, low durability, and low late game impact on said build? Compared to champs who can 1v5 like Zyra? Contrary to belief, Karma's cooldowns are pretty substantial early game and cost a lot of mana. She can lower her R cooldown, but her BASIC cooldowns are actually considerable and leave windows for abuse. If Darius catches Karma, she's dead.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oQETVdLH,comment-id=0018000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T14:46:32.762+0000) > > The counterplay is to actually fight her? Any BC builder can dominate IBG Karma simply by catching her. Karma can catch a runner even without IBG. > > You do realize you're crying about a champ with innately low damage, low durability, and low late game impact on said build? Compared to champs who can 1v5 like Zyra? > > Contrary to belief, Karma's cooldowns are pretty substantial early game and cost a lot of mana. She can lower her R cooldown, but her BASIC cooldowns are actually considerable and leave windows for abuse. > > If Darius catches Karma, she's dead. 1. I'm not crying. You kids use "crying" too much and incorrectly. People made this thread and are commenting on it with good and valid points. That's NOT crying. 2. Who's going to catch Karma? I just went against a Karma support and it took 4 people to successfully "catch her." Everyone knows she easily pokes and backs off while taking very little if any damage at all. So you're saying to just "catch her"? That's it? Sweet! Why didn't any of us think of that?
: Exactly. Yet that is what Mid lane is by definition.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oQETVdLH,comment-id=000a000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-18T12:59:47.470+0000) > > Exactly. Yet that is what Mid lane is by definition. Uhh no. Zed should've been dealt with because anyone was able to use him way too easily. Miss your Qs? No problem! They still pop. That's not how a champ should be. If you miss, you should not be rewarded for it. Plus, if you think about it, sometimes the opponent DOESN'T pick the immobile mage into Zed (or melee champ into ranged.) Sometimes, they get first pick and can't help who they get picked into. So it's not like people go "Oh Karma top? Sweet I'll pick Darius top." Point is, change happened for a reason. IBG should be changed to melee only.
: You do realize the circle scales with your armor? Malphite can have an Zyra ult-sized IBG Slow circle. And that's where it's powerful. Karma's is so small, it literally only affects .25-.5 seconds of movement on the target it hits, because they walk off it.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oQETVdLH,comment-id=00180000,timestamp=2019-06-18T14:10:08.780+0000) > > You do realize the circle scales with your armor? > > Malphite can have an Zyra ult-sized IBG Slow circle. And that's where it's powerful. > > Karma's is so small, it literally only affects .25-.5 seconds of movement on the target it hits, because they walk off it. Meanwhile she procs the spell from her slow when the ibg fizzles away and proceeds to root (or whatever it is) you. Rinse and repeat until you either die or become so low you have to run off.
: I'm so sorry you chose to use a melee vs a ranged champ.... Not the item's fault.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oQETVdLH,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-06-18T00:13:14.234+0000) > > I'm so sorry you chose to use a melee vs a ranged champ.... > > Not the item's fault. That's like saying "I'm sorry you picked an immobile mage into {{champion:238}} . Not the champs fault."
: Sorry but Iceborne is not even CLOSE to as influential to win conditions as Sterak's Gauge. -Adds no base stats -Adds no shields. -Adds no Tenacity. Iceborne is literally a defensive stat stick. That's it.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oQETVdLH,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2019-06-18T03:05:19.139+0000) > > Sorry but Iceborne is not even CLOSE to as influential to win conditions as Sterak's Gauge. > > -Adds no base stats > -Adds no shields. > -Adds no Tenacity. > > > Iceborne is literally a defensive stat stick. That's it. -Adds armor -Adds slow -Adds damage proc Not busted on certain ranged champs? ({{champion:43}} {{champion:81}} )
: Did anyone ask for karma buffs?
After seeing the Karma cheese, I really became lost as to who the hell I should be banning now. {{champion:223}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:92}} Like who the hell do you pick to ban? It's so bad that I don't even think about {{champion:157}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:84}} anymore.
: Make frozen gauntlet melee only please?
Why hasn't Riot made this change already? It's been YEARS that people have been asking for this to be a melee only item. I'm genuinely curious as to why they haven't done it. Some balance issue we aren't aware of? Would it throw some champs out of wack? Believe me, I'm on board with wanting this to be a melee only item. I'm just wondering why it's been so long that this item has gone without being changed to melee only. Pure laziness?
: > [{quoted}](name=Akrid415,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=0007000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T05:51:36.824+0000) > > Becaaauussssse it ruins the match for the FOUR other team mates? It ACTUALLY creates a negative experience for the other players? It's toxic? I've went over this already. > > I wouldn't go AFK and expect someone to go "Oh it's cool guys. Sometimes people get mad and sometimes they leave so don't worry about it." Quit trying to defend this behavior. > > I'll say it again, people get insta-suspended for typing out some known words and phrases even though there's a perfectly good mute button to use (and of course report after). INSTANTLY suspended. But not for an action that actually effects the game and screws over the others? Makes zero sense. Because at the end of the day, this is a game. No one is saying you have to like it, or act all hunkie-dorie "It's ok". What we're saying is to be an adult about it. Keep in mind, Riot's system doesn't care who leaves or why. You can't tell me you've never dc'ed or had to leave a game. And I can almost guarentee at least some of those were games where it could look like a ragequit. From the attitude you've been showing in your posts, you would be the first person coming here complaining abou a ban from your own system.
> Because at the end of the day, this is a game. No one is saying you have to like it, or act all hunkie-dorie "It's ok". What we're saying is to be an adult about it. > I think we all know this is a video game. It doesn't mean that we should just forgive and forget "just because it's a video game." If that's the case, go tell everyone who's asking for nerfs and other changes to forget about it, because this is just a video game. You're making this sound way more serious than it needs to be. It's extremely simple, yet you're trying to twist this as if it's affecting / ruining my life or something. So save your preachy "be an adult about it" garbage. Nothing I said was out of line of indicative of being childish. It was a legit question and something I feel should happen to people. Not hard. > Keep in mind, Riot's system doesn't care who leaves or why. You can't tell me you've never dc'ed or had to leave a game. And I can almost guarentee at least some of those were games where it could look like a ragequit. I really don't understand what you're not grasping here. I keep repeating myself and you keep doing the same. Re-read my post and re-think what you just wrote in regards to leaving a match or being dc'd from a match. I'll let you figure it out. If you can't, then please just stop posting. You're going in circles about something that has NOTHING to do with what I've asked. Read it slowly if you need to. > From the attitude you've been showing in your posts, you would be the first person coming here complaining abou a ban from your own system. > I don't know what attitude you're talking about. Because I curse? Because I feel strong about what I posted about? Deal with it. BTW, I am honor level 3 right now with no fear of reports or punishment. I barely type anything in matches if at all regardless of what's happening. So you're way off the mark with yet another one of your comments. Don't make assumptions about people you know nothing about.
: No, you're being downvoted because this screencap does not in any way shape nor form prove that they said it to you, just that they said it.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2ohKe68E,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-13T22:20:08.422+0000) > > No, you're being downvoted because this screencap does not in any way shape nor form prove that they said it to you, just that they said it. Does it matter who they say it to? As long as they said it, shouldn't that be punished? If not I'll just go into matches saying anything and everything but tell everyone I'm just talking to myself.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akrid415,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=00070000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T05:03:51.002+0000) > > I don't get why it's hard for people to understand this: they would be punished if they ADMIT to leaving the match while playing, which is EASILY verified via CHAT LOGS. > > Example Chat log: > > Player 1: You all are soooo bad > Player 1: ff15 > Player 1: so bad > Player 1: well maybe if you ganked I wouldn't be losing > Player 1: fuk this im out l8er nerds > > A SUMMONER HAS DISCONNECTED > > > Pretty damn obvious what the intent is there. This is EASILY verified by chat logs. If they say all that and get a power outage (that's really reaching btw), then oh well they shouldn't have been toxic and threatened to AFK in the first place. And why *should* they instaban for this? Sometimes people get mad. Sometimes people leave. Sometimes people do both. It's frustrating and annoying, but it happens. If you think it needs more than a standard LB penalty, report him. Then move on with your life and forget the guy.
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=000700000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T05:31:00.128+0000) > > And why *should* they instaban for this? Sometimes people get mad. Sometimes people leave. Sometimes people do both. It's frustrating and annoying, but it happens. If you think it needs more than a standard LB penalty, report him. Then move on with your life and forget the guy. Becaaauussssse it ruins the match for the FOUR other team mates? It ACTUALLY creates a negative experience for the other players? It's toxic? I've went over this already. I wouldn't go AFK and expect someone to go "Oh it's cool guys. Sometimes people get mad and sometimes they leave so don't worry about it." Quit trying to defend this behavior. I'll say it again, people get insta-suspended for typing out some known words and phrases even though there's a perfectly good mute button to use (and of course report after). INSTANTLY suspended. But not for an action that actually effects the game and screws over the others? Makes zero sense.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akrid415,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=000700000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T03:57:34.201+0000) > > Right, which still doesn't get punished unless there's a pattern of said behavior. That's the reason for this whole post, in case you decided to skim through it rather than actually read it. I get that you want faster punishments to hit for ragequits. It's still not possible to reliably tell ragequits from accidental/unplanned leaves. Someone could be raging and still have a power outage. They can say nothing and do a hard reset on a router to simulate an outage. They rely on behavior patterns to decrease the rate of incorrectly applied bans.
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=0007000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T04:19:13.464+0000) > > I get that you want faster punishments to hit for ragequits. It's still not possible to reliably tell ragequits from accidental/unplanned leaves. Someone could be raging and still have a power outage. They can say nothing and do a hard reset on a router to simulate an outage. They rely on behavior patterns to decrease the rate of incorrectly applied bans. I don't get why it's hard for people to understand this: they would be punished if they ADMIT to leaving the match while playing, which is EASILY verified via CHAT LOGS. Example Chat log: Player 1: You all are soooo bad Player 1: ff15 Player 1: so bad Player 1: well maybe if you ganked I wouldn't be losing Player 1: fuk this im out l8er nerds A SUMMONER HAS DISCONNECTED Pretty damn obvious what the intent is there. This is EASILY verified by chat logs. If they say all that and get a power outage (that's really reaching btw), then oh well they shouldn't have been toxic and threatened to AFK in the first place.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akrid415,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-13T19:47:24.946+0000) > >snip > > 2. I specifically stated I wanted people who INTENTIONALLY AFK'd to be punished, which is EASILY verified by the chat logs (you know, "gg 15 Im afk" that kinda thing.) Which would fall under Negative Attitude/Giving Up.
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=00070000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T00:04:43.765+0000) > > Which would fall under Negative Attitude/Giving Up. Right, which still doesn't get punished unless there's a pattern of said behavior. That's the reason for this whole post, in case you decided to skim through it rather than actually read it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akrid415,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-06-13T16:18:11.322+0000) > > I just don't like how riot doesn't actively punish people for shit that ACTUALLY effects the outcome of the match. You can say ONE trigger word and get punished immediately yet if you curse at your team and AFK, nothing will happen unless you "show a pattern." Shit is just weak as fuck and makes zero sense. Ok, so how do you teach a monitoring system to tell the difference between a new player and someone faking it to troll? Between intentional feeding and being completely outclassed? Between someone who leaves for an emergency or power outage and ragequitting? And to complicate matters, if players can't tell the difference between mistakes and trolling, how do you expect a machine to do better?
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-06-13T17:00:29.790+0000) > > Ok, so how do you teach a monitoring system to tell the difference between a new player and someone faking it to troll? Between intentional feeding and being completely outclassed? Between someone who leaves for an emergency or power outage and ragequitting? > > And to complicate matters, if players can't tell the difference between mistakes and trolling, how do you expect a machine to do better? 1. I have no idea, I don't get paid to do that. There's people who are hired and get paid to figure that stuff out. 2. I specifically stated I wanted people who INTENTIONALLY AFK'd to be punished, which is EASILY verified by the chat logs (you know, "gg 15 Im afk" that kinda thing.)
: If I'm in a games with some talking about giving up, complaining about failed surrenders, or announcing they'll leave/afk, I report them for Negative Attitude (giving up). Otherwise, I just let LB handle it and forget them by the next game.
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-06-13T07:12:53.059+0000) > > If I'm in a games with some talking about giving up, complaining about failed surrenders, or announcing they'll leave/afk, I report them for Negative Attitude (giving up). Otherwise, I just let LB handle it and forget them by the next game. I just don't like how riot doesn't actively punish people for shit that ACTUALLY effects the outcome of the match. You can say ONE trigger word and get punished immediately yet if you curse at your team and AFK, nothing will happen unless you "show a pattern." Shit is just weak as fuck and makes zero sense.
: Match making, contrary to popular belief, is incapable of knowing ahead of time what players will perform well and which ones will not at any given moment. Statistically speaking, as long as you perform consistently well, the odds will actually be in your favor because that makes one less feeder, one less AFK, one less troll on your team as opposed to the enemy team whose team might roll 1 or more out of the 5 players they have as opposed to the 1 or more of 4 players on your side. And performing well isn't just about KDA. It's about knowing when and where to ward. When to roam. When to recall. When to make trades with the enemy. When to push lane. When to freeze lane. When to engage the enemy. When to disengage the enemy. Recognizing what your champion is supposed to do given the compositions of both your team and the enemy team and then dedicating yourself to doing that. And if your jungle, how best to clear camps. What camps to clear and when. When to invade or not to invade (usually with a team with no less than 2 hard CC abilities at level 1). When and where to gank. When to ignore allies and seek out advantages elsewhere (fullmute all works wonders if you jungle). And at any role you need to know what is and is not safe to do. Look at the Rift and consider it a chess board. In chess there's a thing called control. And, in every game, the winner is usually the player who gains as much control over the board as possible by strategically moving their pieces forward. Players battle against each other to try and move their pieces at control points without risking losing those pieces. Eventually one player will have several pieces pushed beyond the center of the board, the neutral zone if you will, and that will grant them majority control over the board and the game. In every game of league, the neutral zone is everything between the first turrets. But as teams capture turrets, they begin to gain control over and lose control over certain areas of the map. The more turrets gained, the more control you have over the map and the better chances you have are of winning. The less turrets you have, the less control you have over the map, and the less likely it is you will win. Being pushed into base makes it difficult to contest drake and baron but not impossible if your team coordinates as five to ward and attack. On the same coin, pushing the enemy up to their base does not guarantee you a baron and taking one out as a team places you and your allies in a very vulnerable state, making it a high risk high reward venture that, sadly, often goes to waste. Even in a losing situation, if you've a clear head, you can find and exploit an enemy's mistakes for a victory. Capitalizing on enemy mistakes and making the most of your advantages is how you win. You don't win by chasing fleeing stragglers for seconds at a time. You let them go and, instead, help yourself to an objective. Chasing an enemy no matter how sure the kill is a waste of time unless you can secure in less than 3 seconds. And dying for a kill when it's merely a one for one trade usually isn't worth it because it puts both teams down a player even if it's the support getting their ADC that kill. Guess what? The adc now lacks peel and is likely pushed to the enemy turret, blissfully ignorant to the enemy jungle ready to pounce on them because the adc no longer has any peel. There are times when it's worth while to exchange one for one, usually for an ACE or for an objective, but it'ss only worth it if it gives the team something more substantial than one player receiving a small amount of gold and another notch on their belt. Some people claim that Match Making progressively matches you against players with increasingly better skill than you based on their MMR so that eventually you supposedly reach your current skill level of players until you improve. And while this is true to an extent, it has been noted that even high ranking players play exactly like silver and gold players and so, the difference in skill is actually negligible.I've read that obvious mistakes are made at all tiers of play, game-costing mistakes. You could try finding yourself a duo to assist you in reducing the total number of losses you suffer, but it has to be someone at or above your skill. Because when you are with a partner, you are often placed against enemies the system recognizes as being above your skill if only slightly in order to offset the advantages of having a partner.
> [{quoted}](name=Chocolate Frost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ap6nONl5,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-13T03:01:42.234+0000) > > Match making, contrary to popular belief, is incapable of knowing ahead of time what players will perform well and which ones will not at any given moment. Statistically speaking, as long as you perform consistently well, the odds will actually be in your favor because that makes one less feeder, one less AFK, one less troll on your team as opposed to the enemy team whose team might roll 1 or more out of the 5 players they have as opposed to the 1 or more of 4 players on your side. > > And performing well isn't just about KDA. It's about knowing when and where to ward. When to roam. When to recall. When to make trades with the enemy. When to push lane. When to freeze lane. When to engage the enemy. When to disengage the enemy. Recognizing what your champion is supposed to do given the compositions of both your team and the enemy team and then dedicating yourself to doing that. > > And if your jungle, how best to clear camps. What camps to clear and when. When to invade or not to invade (usually with a team with no less than 2 hard CC abilities at level 1). When and where to gank. When to ignore allies and seek out advantages elsewhere (fullmute all works wonders if you jungle). > > And at any role you need to know what is and is not safe to do. Look at the Rift and consider it a chess board. In chess there's a thing called control. And, in every game, the winner is usually the player who gains as much control over the board as possible by strategically moving their pieces forward. Players battle against each other to try and move their pieces at control points without risking losing those pieces. Eventually one player will have several pieces pushed beyond the center of the board, the neutral zone if you will, and that will grant them majority control over the board and the game. > > In every game of league, the neutral zone is everything between the first turrets. But as teams capture turrets, they begin to gain control over and lose control over certain areas of the map. The more turrets gained, the more control you have over the map and the better chances you have are of winning. The less turrets you have, the less control you have over the map, and the less likely it is you will win. Being pushed into base makes it difficult to contest drake and baron but not impossible if your team coordinates as five to ward and attack. On the same coin, pushing the enemy up to their base does not guarantee you a baron and taking one out as a team places you and your allies in a very vulnerable state, making it a high risk high reward venture that, sadly, often goes to waste. > > Even in a losing situation, if you've a clear head, you can find and exploit an enemy's mistakes for a victory. Capitalizing on enemy mistakes and making the most of your advantages is how you win. > > You don't win by chasing fleeing stragglers for seconds at a time. You let them go and, instead, help yourself to an objective. Chasing an enemy no matter how sure the kill is a waste of time unless you can secure in less than 3 seconds. And dying for a kill when it's merely a one for one trade usually isn't worth it because it puts both teams down a player even if it's the support getting their ADC that kill. Guess what? The adc now lacks peel and is likely pushed to the enemy turret, blissfully ignorant to the enemy jungle ready to pounce on them because the adc no longer has any peel. There are times when it's worth while to exchange one for one, usually for an ACE or for an objective, but it'ss only worth it if it gives the team something more substantial than one player receiving a small amount of gold and another notch on their belt. > > Some people claim that Match Making progressively matches you against players with increasingly better skill than you based on their MMR so that eventually you supposedly reach your current skill level of players until you improve. And while this is true to an extent, it has been noted that even high ranking players play exactly like silver and gold players and so, the difference in skill is actually negligible.I've read that obvious mistakes are made at all tiers of play, game-costing mistakes. > > You could try finding yourself a duo to assist you in reducing the total number of losses you suffer, but it has to be someone at or above your skill. Because when you are with a partner, you are often placed against enemies the system recognizes as being above your skill if only slightly in order to offset the advantages of having a partner. I get all that, it's stuff I already do which makes it frustrating when I lose to people with shitty micros / macros.
: Some recommend that if you lose more than once in the same couple hours to take a break from the game. Then return to it later refreshed after a meal, a nap, a good night's rest, a walk or a jog, a hot shower/bath, an hour of television, etc. Anything that isn't league and helps you to relax and re-energize. It may not prevent any further losses, but it will help preserve your mental and physical state and that can be enough to give you the edge you need to turn a game you would have otherwise surrendered around in your favor. At least that's the theory.
> [{quoted}](name=Chocolate Frost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ap6nONl5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-12T17:06:21.770+0000) > > Some recommend that if you lose more than once in the same couple hours to take a break from the game. Then return to it later refreshed after a meal, a nap, a good night's rest, a walk or a jog, a hot shower/bath, an hour of television, etc. Anything that isn't league and helps you to relax and re-energize. > > It may not prevent any further losses, but it will help preserve your mental and physical state and that can be enough to give you the edge you need to turn a game you would have otherwise surrendered around in your favor. At least that's the theory. I get that, but what kills me is that it seems like no matter how well you play you're going to hit a losing streak. No matter what. Why is that even a thing? I cannot stand playing my ass off only to have the other team pull a win out of their ass. It's very frustrating. This is exactly why I don't thing win rates mean jack shit. You could be an amazing player with horrible luck when it comes to team mates and their macros.
Rioter Comments
: it's not easy to get banned for flame either if u are not stupid i am showing some reform and got back to level honor 1 again and i hope i don't go back to my dark paths again suspending people for few afk games seems unnecessary and excessive if it were the same person doing it always in ur games maybe they deserve a harsher punishment but if it's different people every time...come on i understand that situation would make u so mad but u can't ban people for few afk games
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-06-12T02:31:03.213+0000) > > it's not easy to get banned for flame either if u are not stupid i am showing some reform and got back to level honor 1 again and i hope i don't go back to my dark paths again > > suspending people for few afk games seems unnecessary and excessive if it were the same person doing it always in ur games maybe they deserve a harsher punishment but if it's different people every time...come on i understand that situation would make u so mad but u can't ban people for few afk games I think you're missing the context of this post. I want people who INTENTIONALLY AFK to get punished (you know, "gg15" "I'm afk" "gl im out" type of shit.) That's COMPLETELY different than someone who has internet problems, life issues, whatever. Same goes for language. Someone who's just generally toxic needs to show a pattern before punishment, which they can avoid (just as you've stated.) But the exception would be racial / mental delayed / self harm terms. These get punished right away, and rightfully so. I feel the same should be for people who, again, INTENTIONALLY AFK. Their intentions are pretty obvious if the chat logs are read, so I don't get why Riot can't implement the same punishment for that. Just screws over the whole team. Not cool, not fun.
: they are, no exp is guaranteed whether they got long priority queues or not if they afked enough that is and not for 30 seconds and guaranteed lp loss in ranked even if their team wins what do u want more?
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-12T02:09:26.181+0000) > > they are, no exp is guaranteed whether they got long priority queues or not if they afked enough that is and not for 30 seconds > and guaranteed lp loss in ranked even if their team wins > > what do u want more? Oh I don't know.....maybe have them suspended? It's easy to do it for people who say a *GASP* bad word, but for someone who intentionally leaves and screws the team over they won't do it? That makes no sense at all. Punish 'em the same.
: Sir imma need to ask you to chill the duck down. Also, https://giphy.com/gifs/cbc-funny-comedy-kEK66eKT7FhPrlDsk6 You see... Leaving a game isn't equal to hate speech. Riot doesn't want anyone to feel stuck in a game. I don't want to feel stuck in a game. No one wants to feel stuck in a game.... Which is why the punishment system is more lenient with AFKers. No matter how you feel, you must consider how most people feel.
> [{quoted}](name=Relax I am noob,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-12T01:27:25.389+0000) > > Sir imma need to ask you to chill the duck down. I don't need to do anything, so drop the passive aggressive attitude. > I don't want to feel stuck in a game. No one wants to feel stuck in a game.... Which is why the punishment system is more lenient with AFKers. Leaving the game AFFECTS THE MATCH. It ACTUALLY AFFECTS GAMEPLAY. There's a MUTE BUTTON for people who get sensitive towards certain phrases and words, so use it and report / punish em afterwards. Feeling stuck? What about the other 4 people in the match who just got fucked over by someone leaving? It's bull shit. Intentional AFK should be immediately punished. Not this weak ass low queue crap.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Akrid415,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-12T01:08:19.410+0000) > > WHAT IS LEAVERBUSTER? > LeaverBuster is a system we have implemented in order to discourage Summoners from repeatedly leaving matches and/or idling during gameplay. Summoners who exhibit this behavior and have a trend of leaving/idling in games will be placed in a low priority queue. > > WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I LEAVE A GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME? > After the game, you will see a pop-up with a LeaverBuster warning. You must follow the prompt on screen in order to queue and play additional games. This does not mean that you've been punished, this is merely a warning. After leaving several games, you'll receive a notification that you've entered the low priority queue. > > This is weak as shit. I already knew they needed to have a pattern of said behavior. I'm sure people easily avoid this by not going AFK often. In cases where people are blatantly leaving, I agree, but there is a net for those times when irl just does come up. I’m not saying we should be ok with it, but at times, shit does just happen.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-12T01:21:29.542+0000) > > In cases where people are blatantly leaving, I agree, but there is a net for those times when irl just does come up. I’m not saying we should be ok with it, but at times, shit does just happen. I'm perfectly fine if it happens out of someone's control i.e. internet issues, life issues whatever. It's when someone BLATANTLY says theyre going to AFK gg15 and all that shit. THATS what bothers me and imo should be immediately punished just like bad language is. AFK actually affects the match.
: > Why aren't AFK's IMMEDIATELY punished? Because Leaver Buster is what issues punishments for afks. i wish it would issue bans if the system finds they afked maliciously
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-12T00:26:35.723+0000) > > Because Leaver Buster is what issues punishments for afks. i wish it would issue bans if the system finds they afked maliciously Yeah they're so quick to punish someone for language but not someone who leaves and screws the whole team over. Makes no sense.
: Not true. A behavior can be identified by even reports. If they get reported e every time they afk eventually they'll get the punishment
> [{quoted}](name=Relax I am noob,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-12T01:12:49.543+0000) > > Not true. A behavior can be identified by even reports. If they get reported e every time they afk eventually they'll get the punishment But that's my problem. It takes MULTIPLE reports and even then they just get placed in a low priority queue. It's stupid as shit. If someone INTENTIONALLY AFK's a match, it should be the EXACT same punishment that people get when they use racist language. Them going AFK ACTUALLY affects the match's outcome. Someone spouting hate does not, and I can very easily mute them and report later.
: I assure you they get punished one way or another. For more reference I recommend searching the leaver buster system.
> [{quoted}](name=Relax I am noob,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E9h9bztH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-12T00:25:47.067+0000) > > I assure you they get punished one way or another. For more reference I recommend searching the leaver buster system. WHAT IS LEAVERBUSTER? LeaverBuster is a system we have implemented in order to discourage Summoners from repeatedly leaving matches and/or idling during gameplay. Summoners who exhibit this behavior and have a trend of leaving/idling in games will be placed in a low priority queue. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I LEAVE A GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME? After the game, you will see a pop-up with a LeaverBuster warning. You must follow the prompt on screen in order to queue and play additional games. This does not mean that you've been punished, this is merely a warning. After leaving several games, you'll receive a notification that you've entered the low priority queue. This is weak as shit. I already knew they needed to have a pattern of said behavior. I'm sure people easily avoid this by not going AFK often.
Rioter Comments
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Akrid415,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oxO8gAgM,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-05T05:36:22.371+0000) > > Lately Ahri with glacial shroud, ekko, ori, vlad. Also having the enemy jungler constantly hover around their laner messes with me. The ahri matchup revolves around dodge the charm so learning to use your shadows defensively is very important but if both players play the situation well there isn’t much kill potential and you are better off to roam. Ekko you have to predict the bubble to win trades. Ori will try to zone you with her ball but you should be able to poke her with your shurikens and shadow. Vlad is similar to ahri that there is not much kill potential so you are better off to roam. As for jungling it so your responsibility to correctly ward and keep track of the jungler if you know the camp they start at you should always have a general idea of where they are since they will rotate top to bot to clear the camps.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oxO8gAgM,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-06-05T16:27:00.084+0000) > > The ahri matchup revolves around dodge the charm so learning to use your shadows defensively is very important but if both players play the situation well there isn’t much kill potential and you are better off to roam. > > Ekko you have to predict the bubble to win trades. > > Ori will try to zone you with her ball but you should be able to poke her with your shurikens and shadow. > > Vlad is similar to ahri that there is not much kill potential so you are better off to roam. > > As for jungling it so your responsibility to correctly ward and keep track of the jungler if you know the camp they start at you should always have a general idea of where they are since they will rotate top to bot to clear the camps. The dodging part is pretty difficult for me though when they use that bull shit glacial augment. It's like training wheels for landing skill shots. One auto and I'm slowed a fuck ton, which of course is when the charm is tossed out. I can out roam but eventually the Ahri out scales. I don't know of a more definitive way to stomp that out. It's not like the Ahri players are amazing either, that's what frustrates me.
mack9112 (NA)
: What matchups do you struggle with ?
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oxO8gAgM,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-05T05:22:41.575+0000) > > What matchups do you struggle with ? Lately Ahri with glacial shroud, ekko, ori, vlad. Also having the enemy jungler constantly hover around their laner messes with me.
Rioter Comments
SirEnds (NA)
: What tilts you the most?
Losing streaks regardless of how well you play.
Divin1ty (EUW)
: Darius with Aftershock and Ghost.
> [{quoted}](name=Divin1ty,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=30VuQ24u,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-04T20:53:19.825+0000) > > Darius with Aftershock and Ghost. I thought Aatrox counters Darius?
: {{item:3123}} {{item:3076}} {{item:3165}} {{summoner:14}}
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=30VuQ24u,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-04T20:49:13.910+0000) > > {{item:3123}} > {{item:3076}} > {{item:3165}} > {{summoner:14}} Those are pretty obvious, but they don't feel like they do shit. Maybe it's my champ pick though.
Rioter Comments
: Why would you complain about the Mid laner with the lowest damage between all mid laners? Her safety comes because her damage is too low compared to other champions If you bait her ult , then go roam , do something , you already made her useless for the next 130 Seconds.
> [{quoted}](name=Kitsune Kawaii,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TBWfqrOK,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-06-03T20:37:59.354+0000) > > Why would you complain about the Mid laner with the lowest damage between all mid laners? > Her safety comes because her damage is too low compared to other champions > If you bait her ult , then go roam , do something , you already made her useless for the next 130 Seconds. Go roam as she clicks Q to wave clear and shove the tower? Right. I don't understand why people are defending her so much. Hate Zed, defend Ahri.
: its her coupled with glacial. before it was discovered she was never higher then ~52% winrate. also its cause shes not actually all that mobile before level 6.
> [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TBWfqrOK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-03T18:08:32.459+0000) > > its her coupled with glacial. before it was discovered she was never higher then ~52% winrate. > also its cause shes not actually all that mobile before level 6. That's my problem with her though. She's SUPPOSED to be weak pre-6 or when her ult is on CD. With that stupid ass glacial augment, she's able to essentially frozen mallet you with her ranged autos to keep you from gap closing. Even IF you gap close, she's able to kite and escape with that stupid rune. Couple that with her ult and you ain't ever catching her. Just too damn safe.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Guzergus (EUW)
: I don't get the downvotes. You have a pretty reasonable argument here.
> [{quoted}](name=Guzergus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YMKcQcpA,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2019-05-16T15:52:51.254+0000) > > I don't get the downvotes. You have a pretty reasonable argument here. Are you competing with them to see who gets the most down votes?
mack9112 (NA)
: ive won plenty of games my bot fed just as many as i have lost. Your decision making in those instances will determine that match
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vKp7rf69,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-14T01:50:57.762+0000) > > ive won plenty of games my bot fed just as many as i have lost. > > Your decision making in those instances will determine that match Like what specifically? I feel like most matches where my bot is playing poorly, I lose. Yeah there's those random times we still win but majority of the time we lose. If you got tips how to counter that, I'm all ears.
: Make ARAM completely random.
I'd like it to be completely random. Its MUCH more fun that way. Adds to the funny factor since people will be fuckin up skills and what not. Tired of all the try hards who go out of their way to make ARAM accounts and re-roll for good comps. I play this mode to avoid the rift bull shit, yet ARAM is now a bull shit mode of its own.
meepsson (EUNE)
: Yasuo
I'm tired of wasting bans on him. It's been nice not seeing him in matches so I dont need to watch him perma dash and spam tornados while thinking he's cool as shit, but I shouldn't have to perma ban him to keep him at bay.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I just ban Aatrox, since he's the first champion on the roster. Some people want to face an "annoying" champion Zed or Yasuo. Honestly, TF shits on Zed in lane, start boots + pot 4, 2 armor runes. Take minion dematerializer (or the biscuit rune) and stopwatch. Build tabis > catalyst > armguard. Zed will never one shot you, in the early game. Harass lvl 1 when he goes for minions. Let him push, but once he's lvl 3 he'll be so low that you can just zone him completely off of farm. I think TF is the best counter to assassins in lane. Cass shits on Yasuo or at least goes even once she gets tear and beyond. Bait Yasuo into jumping onto your wave to get to you. Wait for him to use his dash ONTO you before you throw out Q. Then, just kite his ass. You heavily outdamage him in extended trades, because he can't touch you once he uses his dash ONTO you (because you know that he can't dash again if he just used it on you, then you can just Q where he is standing). You can create distance between you and Yasuo from Q ms boost + PHASE RUSH. If he throws out windwall, you can still outmaneuver him, or force him to back the fuck up. When Yasuo throws out 3rd Q as Cass, press R since he will be facing you during that slightly long cast animation time. Throw out a w > Q > Espam = gg. If R is not up, just press w when he throws out 3rd q. He can't ult, and you can fuck him up. Against Leblanc, play Syndra. The counterplay is to push against her (be mind of Jungler), since her waveclear is so shit, while using e to disengage any Q> w from her. Matchup is so easy, not even funny. When she Q you you know she wanna W. So just Q> W her. Even if you miss q, E will proc the stun. Make sure to aim your QE at her w pad if she does manage to tag you with QW, however. Some people don't ban because they want to face an "annoying" champion. To be honest, facing a Zed, Yasuo, Leblanc makes the lane more fun for me. I personally hate farm lanes, and facing an assassin makes the game more fun, even if you occasionally get shit on. Because it feels good to be under pressure a lot, not just cruise through a boring laning phase. A Yasuo is not impossible to win against. Zed, is not impossible to win against. Syndra shits on Zed pre-6. Though after 6 you gotta be more careful. Then again, I'm only gold elo, I've probably haven't met extremely mechanically talented Zeds, Yasuos, Leblancs. But this is my 2 cents on their counterplay. Plus, you are going to face them eventually, so why ban them? The best feeling is to shit on these champions. Give yourself a chance! Though, I mainly ban Zed if I am autofilled, since sometimes I do not want to deal with a Fed zed as Nidalee support....
> Honestly, TF shits on Zed in lane, start boots + pot 4, 2 armor runes. Take minion dematerializer (or the biscuit rune) and stopwatch. Build tabis > catalyst > armguard. Zed will never one shot you, in the early game. Harass lvl 1 when he goes for minions. Let him push, but once he's lvl 3 he'll be so low that you can just zone him completely off of farm. I think TF is the best counter to assassins in lane. > I don't know what Zeds you have played against but TF into Zed is terrible.....for the TF player. I don't think I've ever lost to TF as Zed.
: Ok. First, the answer is because you do not always know exactly who you are going to go and many times you kind of want to pick to help your comp so there is no reason to ban someone. In example say you're support and you are thinking about playing Thresh, Nami, or Pyke. If you go Thresh then you REALLY want to ban Morgana. If you go Nami then you're going to want to ban an all in support like Alistar or Leona. If you go Pyke then you are really going to want to ban a mage support like Brand or Zyra. Even more so if you see the enemy pick Thresh then you can just pick Morgana. But often times people don't hover champions and many times their hovers get banned. So, it is better to just ban no one, keep all your options open and pick either to help your comp or counter your enemy laner. Second, there really aren't that many wildly unbalanced champions in this game. Kayle is a little ridiculous right now but other than that you can counter pick everyone. This is why I have never for the life of me understood why people permaban certain champions. In example, Darius, Draven, Yasuo, Zed, Teemo, Vayne, Riven, Fiora, Master Yi, etc. Everyone of these champions have hard counters and the overwhelming majority of them are actually ridiculously underpowered. The champions who actually deserve perma banned are the champions with very few counters. These champions usually have a win rate around 52%. In example, right now Ahri, Kayle, Urgot, Jinx, Malzahar, and Morgana are all very ban worthy right now.
> Ok. First, the answer is because you do not always know exactly who you are going to go and many times you kind of want to pick to help your comp so there is no reason to ban someone. In example say you're support and you are thinking about playing Thresh, Nami, or Pyke. That makes no sense. You want to help your team comp with your own pick yet you won't pick a ban to take out someone who's extremely strong? > > If you go Thresh then you REALLY want to ban Morgana. > > If you go Nami then you're going to want to ban an all in support like Alistar or Leona. I get what you're saying and it's not new, I think everyone knows that. This is season 9 though, so counter picks aren't as relevant as strong meta picks. I would MUCH rather face Morgana as Thresh than risk going against Pyke, having him become fed and running all over the map clicking R. I've had success with it, but Pyke is just a pain in the ass. Same goes for a numerous amount of other champs. > But often times people don't hover champions and many times their hovers get banned. So, it is better to just ban no one, keep all your options open and pick either to help your comp or counter your enemy laner. I don't hover my champ, so if one of 'em gets banned oh well. Key phrase being ONE of them. No reason to have ALL my options open. I'm not a one trick and I don't think most people are. It's very common to have at least 2-3 champs you're comfortable playing in your lane. I've never had a problem fitting any one of them into my team's comps. I adjust accordingly. Plus, picking a ban has absolutely nothing to do with the odds of your own champ being banned so that makes no sense (unless its a strong meta champ.) > Kayle is a little ridiculous right now but other than that you can counter pick everyone. This is why I have never for the life of me understood why people permaban certain champions. In example, Darius, Draven, Yasuo, Zed, Teemo, Vayne, Riven, Fiora, Master Yi, etc. Lol, what hard counters? Then you go and say that {{champion:25}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:103}} are ban worthy? I mean whatever floats your boat but I'd much rather see {{champion:157}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:555}} get banned.
: Pros ban because they have set team compositions laid out before them. If they suspect the opponent will optimize for a comp, they will ban it out. Pro players also have multiple stages of banning where players ban then pick then ban etc. No, I am not saying I understand the game better than pros. I'm saying that banning is required. After all, how did I reach my rank if it was disadvantageous to not banning?
> [{quoted}](name=OneBarrel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YWWEHuUG,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-04-17T20:16:36.659+0000) > > Pros ban because they have set team compositions laid out before them. If they suspect the opponent will optimize for a comp, they will ban it out. Pro players also have multiple stages of banning where players ban then pick then ban etc. No, I am not saying I understand the game better than pros. I'm saying that banning is required. After all, how did I reach my rank if it was disadvantageous to not banning? But why do they ban then if there's no advantage to it? According to you, it doesn't matter so who cares what comp they go for. They should be able to counterplay, itemize and adapt right? IMO, that's PART of counter play. Take away whatever strong meta champ the enemy team is probably going to pick and put your team at an ADVANTAGE. We all know in our elos that people LOVE playing the flavor of the month till it's nerfed. BTW, diamond 4 isn't that high, don't toot your own horn.
Show more

Akrid415

Level 227 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion