: > [{quoted}](name=Alevity Xiaku,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=suyPjXqk,comment-id=0001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-07T22:49:19.756+0000) > > You can't just pay programmers more money to get them to solve bugs faster. Also it's different people working on different parts of code. Like the front end people aren't the back end people and the front end even has ui people and functionality people. There's lots of shit that goes into development and you umbrellaing it all into "lol just pay them more" is quite immature. I didn't say pay the programmers more i said put more resources into that department. If they need X amount of programmers for Y amount of time, give it to them. If other departments need to suffer for a bit, so be it. The game running should be priority 1.
> [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=suyPjXqk,comment-id=00010000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-08T01:03:31.532+0000) > > I didn't say pay the programmers more i said put more resources into that department. If they need X amount of programmers for Y amount of time, give it to them. If other departments need to suffer for a bit, so be it. The game running should be priority 1. Another person looking at someone else's code will have an even harder time figuring out what the code does AND the bugs from the code. It's much easier for the person who wrote the code to debug it themselves. So no, hiring more developers won't fix bugs any faster. Finding and fixing bugs is a puzzle and there's not simple solution you can google. You essentially created the problem either with improper logic OR even something on the back end. Say some data you fetch has some object type, but you yourself don't work on that part of the code. So while you wrote some code assuming all the objects you fetch are of some type and the code fetches an object that is NOT that type, then it WILL crash. And you're gonna ask "why can't the developer just look at the backend and fix it themselves." Well first of all, you need to test to even figure out that's the problem, but secondly in code for privacy sake and ease of use, we use a technique in coding called abstraction. Essentially it hides away underlying code and libraries and such. So your function doesn't have access to see parts of the code despite it USING that code. Because your function should not be tampering with the lower level code. So a developer who makes the mistake of fetching the wrong data type doesn't have access to view the data types from whatever they're calling. Thus, they'd need to contact whoever worked on THAT code and it could be legacy code. So even the people working on the backend haven't touched this code. And on top of this, doing something as simple as fetching an open object type or switching the data type of the problematic object could break the game even more. Taking in an auto assigned object could still have type casting errors later on in some code. Say you auto a float value, but later in the code that object is used to set an integer value. Then that float either needs to be cast, and thus truncated, or it will crash. Now I'm not sure if you're gonna read this, but fixing code is not as trivial as hiring more people or paying employees more. People need to figure out what broke and how to fix it and there is no guide for doing this.
Cräfty (EUW)
: A message from a jungler to all lanes!
Ok there's no way to guarantee that the lane will be set up for a gank at level 3 because the enemy laner can also manipulate the push of the wave. So you shouldn't complain if you say you're gonna gank at level 3 and the lane isn't set up for it, just don't gank that lane. Frankly speaking I don't care about junglers that much. They come and go out my lane, I'll look at pings but I don't expect ganks and typically play differently if I have no way of getting away from an enemy gank. If my flash is up, I don't care if the enemy wants to gank me. I win games from team fights typically so all I care about is that the jungler participates in those. Laning phase is just setting the situation of the mid game so I don't really sweat how it goes. People feed or get fed, that's about it. I determine skill as if you know how to respond to the conditions of the game. I wouldn't say there's strict rules for how to play with you jungler, everyone plays in their own way with their own champions. I don't think people want to feed in games, it just happens it's how league works.
: Yer telling me that in YEARS they cant fix some blatantly obvious bugs? If a skill is going through someone its obviously collision detection or something connected to it.
> [{quoted}](name=Glorious Teemo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3fN0xdIo,comment-id=000d000100010000,timestamp=2019-11-07T20:47:21.975+0000) > > Yer telling me that in YEARS they cant fix some blatantly obvious bugs? If a skill is going through someone its obviously collision detection or something connected to it. If it's collision detection then it's even MORE difficult to fix. Graphics are what the word sounds like, graphics. They are composed of graphs, hundreds of millions of GRAPHS, you know y = mx + b GRAPHS. It's all math but in 3D space because a computer can imagine nodes in 3D space. Yes, graphics are just nodes and edges with direction to draw pixels with colour using these distances as reference. Collisions are when these graphs touch each other. But of course every 3D model is not simple straight lines. They are a curve typically depicted by several small straight lines to create what looks like a curve to us (so it's simple calculus). That small segment might barely touch the segment of another object. What happens if there's no room for them to touch? What happens when it overlaps in one frame but not in the next frame? I assume there's some type of edge cases implemented to make a more general detection of what is "collision". Because a pixel perfect algorithm is computationally expensive and would cause a lot of jankiness (look at mario 64) if we did do it specifically but with truncated values. Collision detection is probably one of the most expensive things in a physics engine. It's not trivial and if there's some exceptions because of a glitch, it'd take more than writing a one line of code saying "if morg Q collides with object then stun object for X seconds". That one line or one function of code isn't the entirety of the program. There's hella lower level shit that creations the building blocks of what "collides" means or even what "stun" means in the engine.
K3ars3n (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Alevity Xiaku,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=suyPjXqk,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-11-07T15:37:37.329+0000) > > Spoken like someone who's truly never programmed before. Bugs happen you can't replicate every scenario and throwing more money isn't gonna make developers magically learn the solution to a bug right away LET ALONE find what is causing it. You're also grossly exaggerating how much the client breaks, for the most part it runs fine for how fast they ship updates. Releasing a skin is not the same as finding a bug and fixing it. Bugs in programming happen because computers do not use human logic, so as HUMANS when we write some code, we think it'll work. But, there could be some nuance thing that does not play correctly because computers are like really capable 3 year olds. It'll do exactly what you write and sometimes we don't think about certain things because we can infer them as humans. Computers don't infer (except really low level kernel or architecture level logic like adders). > > A common mistake in programming is not accounting for when you get a result of 0 or null. As humans the thought is that it should spit out false or do nothing or whatever you'd assume null or 0 means. But if you never program the function to take care of 0 or null, then the whole thing will crash when it receives a 0 or null. That's how stupid computers are. Think about that, every time there's a text box and you hit enter with no text in the box, the programmer has to code that null means do nothing. Otherwise, it would crash. So chill. Money won't do shit, programmers as people have to dig in and figure out what is going on with the code and that takes an unknown amount of time. "programmers as people have to dig in and figure out what is going on with the code and that takes an unknown amount of time." And Money, correct? Time is money my incorrect spouter of nonsense. They could fix the code, but it takes time and money. Money not currently allocated to fixing this problem. Money they don't have in this budget. Money that they will need to TAKE from elsewhere to give it to the coders in order to fix THIS issue.
> [{quoted}](name=K3ars3n,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=suyPjXqk,comment-id=000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-11-07T17:52:48.741+0000) > > "programmers as people have to dig in and figure out what is going on with the code and that takes an unknown amount of time." > > And Money, correct? > Time is money my incorrect spouter of nonsense. They could fix the code, but it takes time and money. Money not currently allocated to fixing this problem. Money they don't have in this budget. Money that they will need to TAKE from elsewhere to give it to the coders in order to fix THIS issue. You can't just pay programmers more money to get them to solve bugs faster. Also it's different people working on different parts of code. Like the front end people aren't the back end people and the front end even has ui people and functionality people. There's lots of shit that goes into development and you umbrellaing it all into "lol just pay them more" is quite immature.
DemiMax (EUW)
: Gotta love the "Oh yeah? Well I wanna see you do better!" argument. You don't need to know how to code to identify a bug and say that it needs fixing. People know that bugs happen, the larger the project the higher are the chances that bugs will slip through the cracks in the process of making said project. You don't need to have coded a game to know that something isn't right when Morgana's Q goes through an enemy, neither does it take away your right to voice your concerns. Seriously... {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
> [{quoted}](name=DemiMax,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3fN0xdIo,comment-id=000d0001,timestamp=2019-11-07T12:36:45.963+0000) > > Gotta love the "Oh yeah? Well I wanna see you do better!" argument. > > You don't need to know how to code to identify a bug and say that it needs fixing. > People know that bugs happen, the larger the project the higher are the chances that bugs will slip through the cracks in the process of making said project. > > You don't need to have coded a game to know that something isn't right when Morgana's Q goes through an enemy, neither does it take away your right to voice your concerns. > > Seriously... > > {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} Just because you see a bug doesn't mean you know why it happens. And the biggest problem with fixing bugs is figuring out WHY it happens. Because it's not a simple change of a value (it can be) but hell the more simple the broken part is, the harder it is to find it because we are humans. We are smarter than computers, computers just run instructions. If we as humans assume something should work when we code and it doesn't, then it could take days or weeks to figure out what we did wrong. And nothing can speed that process up. Experience sure, but League is constantly evolving adding new things adds new logic. Maybe it all works as intended and the Morg Q didn't hit because of the isometric perspective, maybe it's a latency exception, maybe you're just mad you missed? Plenty of my bronze friends say there's a glitch when really I just saw them miss. There's many times I use Lux laser and it hits nothing because of the perspective. Honestly league is consistent enough to give its ranked system some credibility. But I dunno maybe kids these days haven't played the older games with REAL glitches and bugs in them. Back when the standard of polish wasn't "it needs to be perfect."
: > [{quoted}](name=Aurelius Maximus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=suyPjXqk,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-07T00:08:03.152+0000) > > people who make 3d models do not program. > people who write lore do not program. > People who design champions do not program. > etc. > > Among programmers, you can't just add more people to a team and it magically works better or faster. there is a sweet spot for the number of people needed for certain projects, throwing money/people at code doesn't make it work better. 9 women can't deliver a baby in one month. The arguement of "make less money and focus on bugs" has always been whack. Lets see your perfectly working client that has millions of players globally that never goes down. The client was running this morning. You can't catch every bug in testing. Beleive me. >I know I know, different departments and whatnot, but you can take money from those departments and reallocate them to the client department I address this in my original post. Yes you can throw more money at it and yes you can fix it, its not a question of can they, but will they. They wont. It would cost them a lot to actually go through their code and rebuild it. All I see from people is excuses, yea you can't catch every bug thats true, but that only counts towards new things. When you have a game thats 10 fucking years old, you shouldn't have a problem with every fucking patch doing the exact same thing. At what point does it go from "oh you can't catch every bug" to "you need to fix what is broken"? Because to me it seems like that point is long gone... seeing as its been 10 years and 3 clients...
> [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=suyPjXqk,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-07T07:44:18.636+0000) > > I address this in my original post. Yes you can throw more money at it and yes you can fix it, its not a question of can they, but will they. They wont. It would cost them a lot to actually go through their code and rebuild it. All I see from people is excuses, yea you can't catch every bug thats true, but that only counts towards new things. When you have a game thats 10 fucking years old, you shouldn't have a problem with every fucking patch doing the exact same thing. At what point does it go from "oh you can't catch every bug" to "you need to fix what is broken"? Because to me it seems like that point is long gone... seeing as its been 10 years and 3 clients... Spoken like someone who's truly never programmed before. Bugs happen you can't replicate every scenario and throwing more money isn't gonna make developers magically learn the solution to a bug right away LET ALONE find what is causing it. You're also grossly exaggerating how much the client breaks, for the most part it runs fine for how fast they ship updates. Releasing a skin is not the same as finding a bug and fixing it. Bugs in programming happen because computers do not use human logic, so as HUMANS when we write some code, we think it'll work. But, there could be some nuance thing that does not play correctly because computers are like really capable 3 year olds. It'll do exactly what you write and sometimes we don't think about certain things because we can infer them as humans. Computers don't infer (except really low level kernel or architecture level logic like adders). A common mistake in programming is not accounting for when you get a result of 0 or null. As humans the thought is that it should spit out false or do nothing or whatever you'd assume null or 0 means. But if you never program the function to take care of 0 or null, then the whole thing will crash when it receives a 0 or null. That's how stupid computers are. Think about that, every time there's a text box and you hit enter with no text in the box, the programmer has to code that null means do nothing. Otherwise, it would crash. So chill. Money won't do shit, programmers as people have to dig in and figure out what is going on with the code and that takes an unknown amount of time.
: no what can i do when i have a dog team that feeds when i shit on my laner i just got out of silver few days ago and i am now gold 3 for the most part i think games are better because i get shit teams less often but it still happens
Gold is the same as silver tbh you don't get better players. Sometimes you lose, but if you can't carry hard games you gotta get better. It's ok to admit you have room to grow it's a climb after all.
Whiisp (NA)
: You missed the point completely. Please read. We're not talking about removing toxicity as a whole here. We're talking about removing it in that aspect alone. Of course people will still dodge... like.... OF COURSE. lmao. Thing is, people still dodging will be people who will have longer queues over time, so it's up to them. We remove one of the dodge causes and one of the troll aspect. I'm not gonna write a 1k words text to help you read between the lines here as well for stuff that is grasped and commonly understood at Diamond+. You will have to do that on your own time, once you reach that rank. Cheers
lol queue times don't only exist for diamond players nor does toxicity and autofill. If I had to wait 30 minutes for a game and have to dodge, I'm not gonna wait another 30 minutes. Because the probability someone else dodges is still the same either way. Toxicity isn't caused by autofill it's caused by players who don't want to win the game either way. There's a difference between queuing and getting dodges that accumulate to waiting 30 minutes (which I doubt but lets roll with it mr.diamond), and knowing every time I queue I have to wait 30 minutes. Because that's what low priority queue is like and that makes me not want to play the game anymore. Riot isn't gonna make a change that causes most players to want to quit. And newsflash, the boards are not most players. I still think you grossly misunderstand how much longer queues would be if autofill was taken out. Especially at higher elos. The distributions of intended roles are not even. Someone else stated it perfectly, if there's 10,000 top laners and supports and the rest are mid, adc, jg players online, then only 10,000 games are possible while everyone has to wait. Autofill allows so any of those thousands of people to at least be put into a game. You already see it in Overwatch where queuing for damage is a lot longer than the other roles. Someone losing their mental in a diamond game occurs just as frequently it's a coinflip and should just be inherent to playing league at this point. So you'd rather have dodges and trolls AND long queue times? Or shorter queue times, and the occasional bad game or dodge?
: Silver 2 promos so fun!
If you deserve to climb then you should be the best player in the game every time. If you're matched with 9 other silvers and you think you're gold then you should be better than the 9 other players. Thing is you have 4 bad players and they have 5 bad players. If you don't think the 5 enemy players are bad then you don't think you deserve to climb which means you need to improve. Ranked climb is about consistency. Outlier games happen but if you made it to promos, why can't you just make it again? I demoted to Gold 3 from Gold 1, but I'm not gonna blame teammates. I just know I can get back to Gold 1. And from there, I know Golds are trash so I should make it out. You need the confidence, don't blame your teammates, they're supposed to be worse players than you.
Whiisp (NA)
: Suggest you read it again!
I'm telling you that people will still dodge and troll games. Making longer queue times will not prevent people from being toxic. If anything they could be MORE toxic because they waited 30 minutes to get in a losing game. Also what about one tricks like me who will dodge regardless?
: Can we tone down damage and make league require skill again?
Skill expression is in not getting hit bro. You play a squishy champion? Expect to die in one mistake. You make up for it with the calls and responses to win the game. You're playing a strategical game, not a game where you get fed and stomp team fights for 20 minutes...And if the enemy team is doing that, then go get some objectives and let your team die while they stall it out. If you're fed, hold off the team fight while you get someone else to split. Every time you die you should ask yourself what you coulda done so you didn't die. Not act like another player isn't allowed to kill you. The game isn't supposed to be tailored for you to win. You can choose Malphite too if you want.
Whiisp (NA)
: I'm Seeing a Crap ton of comment about how the queue time would be this and that and that it would not work etc etc. Keep in mind, this post is mainly to bring attention to the way it's projecting toxicity and trolling in way more games than it should and the fact that 30 seconds queues should not be a thing at this elo if it gives you too many auto fills. It can certainly wait 5 more minutes to give better quality in more games than right now. This post is not necessarily to debate what stats would do to queue times or whatever, but to make Riot realize that something needs to change in order to remove the negative game experiences happening. If that means keeping auto fill but adding something else that works ? Listen... AWESOME, go for it. But nothing is being done currently to address this issue other than the overwhelmed tribunal and their lack of severity. A lot of people are fine with being auto filled and will not troll if they end up being filled and this happens to both team so it's ''kinda fair''(What makes it unfair is when you have a jungler filled and they have a top filled, then role power makes a difference). And that is totally fine because game quality if they try is still there. I don't have a problem with people sucking on a role more than anything. I have a problem with people joining champ select, get filled and then if it is not dodged and they die once, they call gg and leave the game at 3 minutes because they don't like the role therefore don't want to play A GAME, if it's not fun to them.(And that's one occurrence) The Other Ideas in the vote is mainly targeted for this as I also seen many comments bringing suggestion about different system like role preferences, 3 roles selection etc. Keep bringing those. **Something simply needs to change**, and the root cause of it is the way auto fill work **at the moment**, not how it is meant to work in a perfect world. (Yes it's a player base issue, but all riot can change is their system, they can't change their players. Only listen to them.)
Riot can't make players play the game correctly. If someone doesn't take the game seriously that was their decision to do so. The only incentive is LP and the prospect of getting banned, as well as leaver buster. If these are not enough, there is no system to make other PEOPLE do what you want.
: I'm in Masters right now and I shit you not 90% of my games have at least 1 autofill. I'd much rather have a longer queue time than play a game where there are autofills. I essentially have to already wait 2 to 5 dodges before a game starts anyways. I RARELY start a match from the first champ select. And because you run into the same people often, people will ban the champion you showed in the previous champ select. Absolute bonkers playing with/against autofills.
This wouldn't change if queue timers were longer. You'd just have longer queue times AND have people dodge or ban your champion.
Whiisp (NA)
: As much as Auto fill is a good concept on paper, it ruins too many games [Diamond 2+ (Diamond+)]
I don't think you seem to understand how exponential the amount of time to queue would increase given the fact that the system would no longer be allowed to boot 5 potential players into a necessary role. It's not just a few minutes, it adds for each player who cannot be swapped. And if you've ever been on low priority queue you will understand that at a point, it deters you from wanting to even play the game. Imagine if every single queue was low priority queue. Because that's what you're asking for. People will still fail to queue increasing the timer. And then people won't want to play the game. Getting rid of autofill won't stop trolls just like the threat of banning their accounts won't stop them. Trolling and toxicity are a state of mind capable by any player in any game per situation. For example, I only play Lux so the probability I dodge is pretty high, but depending on my mood or if I'm duo'd with someone I might not dodge. There's no pre-embtive measure to determine how people will act because we have free will and with that, the potential to act irrationally. Dodging exists in blind pick and game modes that are NOT serious, ARAM, even URF. It's not exclusive to ranked. But queue time is constant through all these game modes. Theoretically the number of times you have a bad game is an outlier to your average games given you've played enough games. So really this comes down to the mentality of players not liking to lose. But if people could accept that losing is a part of ranked, then the need to dodge would be gone. At least the frequency. Now think about how impossible what I just said is. There will never be a point in league where everyone is fine with losing. This game is competitive by design. So removing autofill wouldn't solve this issue. It would instead just lead to longer queue times AND dodges. Leading to, well people quitting. Because I promise you, whether I get autofilled or not, someone like me is probably going to dodge just because I can't play Lux.
Zemasu (EUW)
: "We are removing login screen so you can log in faster"
You guys are like complaining that iOS 13 is slow because you use an iphone 5s...Riot can attempt to make it more barebones but if the client was already opening slowly, its gonna open slowly now.
: > I bought my SSD for $60 for 512gb and a 256gb one is $30 How much, pray tell, would it cost for me to replace my 2 4 TB HDDs with an equivalent storage space in SSDs? How long, pray tell, do you believe it takes me to type my password? 1 second? Maybe 2? How long do you think the new client takes to load up before loading the actual client? More than 1 second?
> [{quoted}](name=WTBeGirl100EUhr,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uxjIEa7u,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-10-30T16:15:57.075+0000) > > How much, pray tell, would it cost for me to replace my 2 4 TB HDDs with an equivalent storage space in SSDs? > > How long, pray tell, do you believe it takes me to type my password? 1 second? Maybe 2? > > How long do you think the new client takes to load up before loading the actual client? More than 1 second? You can still access your existing hard drive from the SSD version of windows they'll just show up as D and E drives. You can put league exclusively on the SSD so it will run faster itself. Installing windows on an SSD only takes like 15 minutes. But the point still remains, hard drives are extremely slow compared to SSDs boot time is super reliant on your drive's read speed. The client opens slow because your hard drive is slow. Not because the client is slow. It's the same as the hang time before you can open apps when you turn on the computer. Windows isn't slow, your drive is slow. Optimisation cannot speed up read speed, only compress the number of processes necessary to run the function. If the bottle neck is read speed you cannot speed this up through optimisation. I am in computer science lol the way people talk about optimisation in games is at such an abstract level its funny. Code isn't magic, run time complexity isn't really relevant to the speed at which the hardware can actually read the data no matter how much recursion or alternate sort functions nor expanded loops you use. Mind you the prices of SSD I posted are NVME drives. A SATA SSD is even CHEAPER. If you can spend $20 on skins you can spend $20 on a drive. And you should already be looking at buying a new laptop after a few years. Or, replace the hard drive with an SSD to give it some new life. A laptop that is $500 today will have an SSD. SSD are not expensive luxury hardware anymore their prices have dropped drastically.
: > [{quoted}](name=Alevity Xiaku,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uxjIEa7u,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-29T15:34:26.802+0000) > > That's gotta be like a low spec problem because my shit instantly opens up league. I recently put an nvme ssd in my system. You should probably try it out. I don't think it's riots job to tailor their launcher to potato computers. The added convenience is definitely there this is much much faster. I don't even need to click that big play button it just instantly launches me into the home screen of the league client. > > I thought this thread would be complaining about the load screen artwork not being seen. But it just sounds like your computer is garbage if you're saying it's slower than typing your password. for one, relying on SSD shouldn't be a thing for gaming. It's supposed to be a bonus, especially when their prices are a lot higher While hardware is important, it's always a bonus. If a program is well made, it can account even for bad rigs...that was part of league's original plan, able to run on 2 ghz you can buy at your local store cheap computers with relatively little change to the game itself, the requirements have now gone up to 3 ghz by the way, making things rely on the consumer ENCOURAGES a bad product. If you want an example, quite a few modern games that look like they could run on the original Nintendo Entertainment System use ridiculously higher system requirements just due to code being less optimized another example, products that were released as physical media had to be properly inspected for quality because the "patch it later" mentality was not a thing A classic example is every Bethesday game. Although they make great games, there are about a million different ways that things go wrong. With the latest Fallout 76 content, people spent $100 for a storage unit that deletes your items
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uxjIEa7u,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-10-29T15:49:59.102+0000) > > for one, relying on SSD shouldn't be a thing for gaming. It's supposed to be a bonus, especially when their prices are a lot higher > > While hardware is important, it's always a bonus. If a program is well made, it can account even for bad rigs...that was part of league's original plan, able to run on 2 ghz you can buy at your local store cheap computers > > with relatively little change to the game itself, the requirements have now gone up to 3 ghz > > by the way, making things rely on the consumer ENCOURAGES a bad product. If you want an example, quite a few modern games that look like they could run on the original Nintendo Entertainment System use ridiculously higher system requirements just due to code being less optimized > > another example, products that were released as physical media had to be properly inspected for quality because the "patch it later" mentality was not a thing > > A classic example is every Bethesday game. Although they make great games, there are about a million different ways that things go wrong. With the latest Fallout 76 content, people spent $100 for a storage unit that deletes your items Um any laptop you buy today has an SSD I bought my SSD for $60 for 512gb and a 256gb one is $30. If you cannot spend $30 to swap your hard drive then expect programs to open slowly. That's just how computers are. It's not a developer's job to develop for the worst spec if it's a high level program like an app. They cannot predetermine how fast your slow computer will open a program, only how fast the spec will open the program because it is tested to the spec. Not you low spec computer. It's an added bonus to be able to run it on low spec but it's not an expectation. League never said their game is designed to run on any low end computer. They said they have been dropping support for older OSes contrarily. Your fallout comment is irrelevant.
: That's gotta be like a low spec problem because my shit instantly opens up league. I recently put an nvme ssd in my system. You should probably try it out. I don't think it's riots job to tailor their launcher to potato computers. The added convenience is definitely there this is much much faster. I don't even need to click that big play button it just instantly launches me into the home screen of the league client. I thought this thread would be complaining about the load screen artwork not being seen. But it just sounds like your computer is garbage if you're saying it's slower than typing your password.
> [{quoted}](name=Alevity Xiaku,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uxjIEa7u,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-29T15:34:26.802+0000) > > That's gotta be like a low spec problem because my shit instantly opens up league. I recently put an nvme ssd in my system. You should probably try it out. I don't think it's riots job to tailor their launcher to potato computers. The added convenience is definitely there this is much much faster. I don't even need to click that big play button it just instantly launches me into the home screen of the league client. > > I thought this thread would be complaining about the load screen artwork not being seen. But it just sounds like your computer is garbage if you're saying it's slower than typing your password. So you're gonna downvote instead of just admitting your computer is old?
Zemasu (EUW)
: "We are removing login screen so you can log in faster"
That's gotta be like a low spec problem because my shit instantly opens up league. I recently put an nvme ssd in my system. You should probably try it out. I don't think it's riots job to tailor their launcher to potato computers. The added convenience is definitely there this is much much faster. I don't even need to click that big play button it just instantly launches me into the home screen of the league client. I thought this thread would be complaining about the load screen artwork not being seen. But it just sounds like your computer is garbage if you're saying it's slower than typing your password.
Pranglar (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Enderah,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=08AvEQOq,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2019-10-27T22:12:42.984+0000) > > I don't mean to undermine your performance but I highly doubt a kda of 13.5 would kill the game ! It's just that it happened EXACTLY after my game was done, look at the screenshots. I dont think its the KDA qouta, just the amount of kills. I still have to say that I would be extremely suprised if it was because of my game. Also, it didnt kill the game, only the match history service
> [{quoted}](name=Pranglar,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=08AvEQOq,comment-id=000600010000,timestamp=2019-10-27T22:15:03.499+0000) > > It's just that it happened EXACTLY after my game was done, look at the screenshots. I dont think its the KDA qouta, just the amount of kills. I still have to say that I would be extremely suprised if it was because of my game. Also, it didnt kill the game, only the match history service I've played bots and gotten like over 95 kills and no deaths this kda wouldn't crash the server.
AdamrCc (EUW)
: The elder dragon execute outright invalidates champions such as Warwick and Olaf.
Elder is a late game camp to end games. If you getting executed you already lost the game.
ßlameMyADC (EUNE)
: Craftable "Victorious Skin" Token instead of an unwanted Skin.
Why can't we just get a victorious skin for our most played champion for that rank season? EDIT: I just thought about how you could have a high winrate on a champion you played 3 times so actually I mean most played
: > [{quoted}](name=kaijukitten,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PeZLcjxg,comment-id=00160000,timestamp=2019-10-25T05:09:42.020+0000) > > I think allowing people to vote on what Champ they think most deserves Victorious is a very good idea. Don't agree because we'll then get victorious Lux or something like that. Maybe they could vote Champions and then they can pick one of the most voted that also meets the requirements to be Victorious.
Rioter Comments
: Please Show Us Which Order Drakes Will Spawn In During Champ Select Next Season.
I don't need people dodging champ select constantly because they're little bitches who can't play around the situation of the game. Who cares if a champion has an advantage due to drakes? It's as relevant as their advantage due to the team comp. If you blame a loss on what drake spawns then you don't deserve to climb lol
: Just another complaint about matchmaking that I really hope is addressed in the preseason.
Any plat in a gold game I just assume has bad MMR and is in a losing streak so they're probably tilted or about to demote. I don't consider them plat players tbh. They're more likely to feed than a silver in a gold game. The silver probably has a good winrate. Every game is an instance, play to the situation. I don't think matchmaking is that bad. I think people just see people with bad games and blame that instead of looking at their impact in their own games. Been playing a lot of silver/bronze games with friends. The offset of a silver or bronze is easily fixed if you play well enough yourself.
Lapis (OCE)
: What's more fun to you? Playing lots of champs, or just one?
: Every class has a blatantly op item except for tanks.
: i keep moving while stunned
Had this happen when I snared an Ashe as Lux. She just slide back and my ult missed.
Rioter Comments
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: It won't stay like that forever though... it'll more than likely drop down drastically since she isn't as strong as she used to be.... not by a long shot. Riot forces her into mid, hyper mobile assassin mid laners force her out of mid - a perfect recipe for a 0.2% pick rate champion.
Can't wait for people to stop picking and banning Lux. This "nerf" is actually a buff to real Lux mains cuz we hit our ults. That 100% AP scaling have been delicious :9
: Mid is the most que up role in the game. Why don’t you pick a different role if support is a throw away role like you said?
> [{quoted}](name=robotmaster,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XRAA7I7E,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-20T04:53:34.384+0000) > > Mid is the most que up role in the game. Why don’t you pick a different role if support is a throw away role like you said? any secondary role is a throw away because it's a whole separate ladder I don't really care about
Rioter Comments
Newhook (NA)
: Sometimes this game feels like a hostage situation.
I think you're just giving up too early. There's no such thing as being "useless" in this game. At the very least, your existence helps shift priority and also you can rotate to defend waves that are pushing in. Your attitude of "we lost cuz I'm useless" is precisely that negative attitude. See, in lower elo and heck even just in general, you can win games from behind. Just cuz you had a bad early game doesn't mean it's decided. All that decides is how DIFFICULT it will be to win the game. Winning from behind is harder because it requires, for one not making the gap in gold larger, and two you need to be able to recognise enemy mistakes to capitalise on them and close that gap in gold. Too many times do I see late game champions with weak early games losing to lane bullies and giving up. Your job isn't to win lane, it's to scale late while the lane bully will eventually fall off. Come backs are possible, you just need to play the game right to achieve them. If your attitude is that you will lose, you will play to lose the game. That is facts, that is literally what tilt is. Playing worse than your best. And how are you gonna win a game if you aren't playing your best? How are you gonna win a more difficult game if you believe you're gonna lose? You're just gonna make yourself lose. And you can't just give up on your team and hope you win the next game by winning the lottery and having all lanes win. What happens if you lose the next game? Are you going to keep giving up in every game that isn't a free snowball stomp? That would mean you don't intend on winning 50% of your games, which would mean you don't intend to climb. Take this punishment to evaluate your mental state of games. If people aren't surrendering it's because they think they can still win the game and they need YOU to contribute to win the game.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
koshkyra (NA)
: I wish riot would just talk to us
They do respond. They said they change the meta so the game won't get stale. And they've been saying they want to lower game time. It's a shitty meta, but it is their game and they're deliberately make the meta like this.
: Ok, I agree that people should focus on what they can do about something rather than make excuses, but that doesn't change the fact that they're right to argue that blitz hook visuals should be made to better match the hitbox or vice-versa.
Like I said earlier, even if they did change the animation it wouldn't change what you mechanically have to do to dodge the skillshot. You know how to dodge morg q the same as blitz, but the particles don't look the same. So really whether you can dodge either is the same movement, so even if they did change blitz's hook size, those instances of getting hit by the hook would be the same. I still don't think that seeing an open hand or larger hand would make the same people who fail to dodge change how they dodge.
: People Who Complain about Hitboxes are Funny
All these people downvoting and blaming hitboxes instead of thinking "oh I shouldn't be this close to the skillshot anyway." But oh well, this is league. People don't like when people say things are mistakes.
Cocho (NA)
: You're wrong on the 2nd one. It is hitting because skillshots at the end lolipop. Meaning its a line, then at the end, it turns into a circle with a width larger than that line. Varus wouldn't have gotten hit if it was just a line. His hurtbox was out of the skillshot line. I know its a mechanic, but I think getting hit by it feels like bullshit.
I know about that. I'm saying why that hitbox still hits varus even though he appears much further from the hook than he is. His hitbox is at the center. So imagine a pill shape there, and the hook is the lolipop shape. They touch, so he gets hooked. He's not far enough.
: You're arguing as if people's ability to dodge or not dodge skillshots is an inherent trait that works the same way all the time. In reality, most people can dodge skillshots most of the time. The reason people are frustrated is because sometimes skillshots don't behave consistently with regards to how they should behave based on the visuals we can see of them. And they have every right to be frustrated. Blitz hook is one of the most egregious cases, but there are others too sometimes. Quit bashing on people just for having problems with hitboxes. You're not making yourself look like you are superior to them at all, but rather the opposite.
The point is that if a hitbox is that close to you then you were gonna get hit by it anyway. People can make mistakes, getting hit by that frustrating blitz hook is a mistake. Instead of blaming the visuals, think about why it hit you.
Bijeesny (EUNE)
: > The game is an isometric perspective, the visuals aren't aligned with the hitbox anyway at certain angles because certain angles are optical illusions relative to the hitbox. Not many people know this, that's why they're upset. Even while knowing this, you can't play consistently around it. If Riot makes it so visuals are aligned with the hitbox, it would feel much more rewarding to hit, and to dodge a skillshot. Not to mention there are some champs whos skillshots are deadly and can connect just because of this, like Thresh, Blitz and Naut.
I don't think they can change it. Because what determines how the particle should come out? There'd have to be math done to adjust the particles to every position the particle could come out at. You as a player just have to try to be far enough to account for if the particle coming out is off. I like to assume every skillshot is huge regardless of the champion, ability, skin, etc.
Lakrosin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Alevity Xiaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QzoHZgtV,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-23T16:51:43.570+0000) > > Regardless, there's enough time to move to the side when the animation starts assuming her ping isn't bad. I agree with this. > [{quoted}](name=Alevity Xiaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QzoHZgtV,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-23T16:51:43.570+0000) > > Even if the hook had a bigger model, she's still not in a position to dodge the hook. She should be further to the side, but she is not. This assumes the hitbox doesn't match the animation AND **opens at the end of the skill**. In which case, you still haven't said open hook. You need the hook to open at the last mili-second or blitz would have grabbed the minion. However,** it doesn't even show that even though it probably happens**. This is like showing someone throw a spear then it breaks into mini spears at the last mili-second. Sounds awfully deceptive and odd, no?
You can complain all you want but you get hit by skillshots that land on you. That's how the game is coded lol. There's tons of champions with skillshots and tons of different skins. You dodge skillshots all the same regardless of the particles.
Cocho (NA)
: Plz tell me the players in these videos shouldve side stepped them.
First one is isometric perspective. Second on is that even though varus leans forward when he walks, his hitbox is still in the center. That's not a champion away from blitz's hook.
: > [{quoted}](name=Alevity Xiaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QzoHZgtV,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-23T16:55:20.077+0000) > > I get the sense that everyone downvoting don't know that you're supposed to side step skillshots and would rather blame the hitbox than the fact that they didn't know to dodge the skillshot in time. Translation: 'Everyone who disagrees with me is a biased, ignorant and immature idiot who thinks that they shouldn't need skill to outplay their opponent' _Ad Hominem - (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining._ _Straw Man - an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument._ Edit: the last bit here was rude and a little bit condescending, so I removed it.
I mean plenty of people can dodge skillshots fine. The specifics of hitboxes kinda doesn't matter considering you dodge all skillshots the same way and all skillshots have different hit boxes. But okay.
Cocho (NA)
: Sometimes you have to be close to it and take risks lol. If I'm in a situation where I get a kill (or more) guaranteed if I dodge the skillshot, I'm gonna got for it because I know I'm going to dodge it most of the time. I might even think it's not even a factor because of positioning of opponents or minions, but some bs happens. Your whole argument is terrible. I need to be in range of blitz hook sometimes. We aren't all lux one tricks lmao Please tell me this isn't bullshit. This one is some next level perspective. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e40LJvv7qLs&feature=youtu.be This one is the hitbox lolipopping at the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysy4GS2Aqkw I can know why it happened, and still call it bs
If there's a risk, then you have to calculate whether it's worth it if you don't dodge the skillshot. Sometimes it's not worth it. Typically you want to bait a skillshot before going in close because of that risk. I don't think you need to be a Lux one trick to side step abilities.
Lakrosin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Alevity Xiaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QzoHZgtV,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-23T16:51:43.570+0000) > > Regardless, there's enough time to move to the side when the animation starts assuming her ping isn't bad. I agree with this. > [{quoted}](name=Alevity Xiaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QzoHZgtV,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-23T16:51:43.570+0000) > > Even if the hook had a bigger model, she's still not in a position to dodge the hook. She should be further to the side, but she is not. This assumes the hitbox doesn't match the animation AND **opens at the end of the skill**. In which case, you still haven't said open hook. You need the hook to open at the last mili-second or blitz would have grabbed the minion. However,** it doesn't even show that even though it probably happens**. This is like showing someone throw a spear then it breaks into mini spears at the last mili-second. Sounds awfully deceptive and odd, no?
Even if the skill shot had a hitbox that was 1 unit wide, you should still be trying to dodge to the side as much as possible given the travel time of the particle assuming you aren't getting zoned or CC'd. You want about a champions distance or more away.
: If every champ had the same sized hitbox and every particle matched its hitbox perfectly you'd be able to consistently tell whether something will hit or not. That's not how it is though. It doesn't feel consistent so that makes it feel kinda random. Ideally you just move clear away from the skillshot to avoid the ambiguous situation which is what you're suggesting players should always do, but that doesn't help the game feel good or consistent.
If you consistently dodge skillshots properly like I said, then it is consistent cuz you don't get hit by anything. Regardless of how large the particle looks. All videogames have inconsistent hitboxes. That's kinda the difficulty in genres like platformers. But if you time your positioning safely, there's a good amount of space for you to avoid something like that. When you're close enough that hitboxes clip eachother, then you're too close regardless. I mean this is a game with skins for every champion, no champion looks exactly the same. You can't rely on what the particle look exactly, but your knowledge of the actual range of a move. Just don't be too close, the instances where the hitbox is "inconsistent" is the same as if you got hit anyway. You shouldn't be that close regardless.
: I get the vague sense that you're leaving a few statements / assumptions out of that statement.
I get the sense that everyone downvoting don't know that you're supposed to side step skillshots and would rather blame the hitbox than the fact that they didn't know to dodge the skillshot in time.
Lakrosin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Alevity Xiaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QzoHZgtV,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-23T16:47:21.439+0000) > > If you can't see how she isn't too close to the hook and how she doesn't move perpendicular to the hook, then you deserve to be hit by skillshots like this. Still waiting for your logic to proceed to the next stage. Inb4 denial of minion being closer. You had one job. Say two words. Open. Hook.
Okay, here's some logic. Even if the hook had a bigger model, she's still not in a position to dodge the hook. She should be further to the side, but she is not. So she gets hit. Even if blitz's hand was wider, she still was walking towards him at a slight angle to the left. Instead of a direct line towards the left, like you're supposed to dodge skillshots. In both cases she would get hit. Does the hand being larger mean she'd go directly to the left? Probably not, because the skillshot still appears to move straight forward and her movement doesn't indicate that she knew to go to the left in time. If she already knew that blitz wanted to hook there, she would have not been in the range to begin with. Regardless, there's enough time to move to the side when the animation starts assuming her ping isn't bad.
Show more

Alevity Xiaku

Level 129 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion