: > [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9KvjnBBR,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-12T02:00:35.440+0000) > > always? {{champion:19}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:12}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:78}} and i'm pretty certain i'm missing tons of other reworked champions. Warwic was broken. Karma was broken. P/b in pro Soraka wasn’t reworked. One thing changed Alister was broken at his rework. P/b in pro Gangplank had a 100% p/b rate in pro after his rework. Maokai was okay I guess. Poppy was also p/b in pro.
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9KvjnBBR,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-12-12T03:33:50.906+0000) > > Soraka wasn’t reworked. One thing changed One thing changed? I don't know how you can say only one thing changed when only one thing stayed the same. Her old passive increased healing based on her target's missing health and mana. Her old Q hit all enemies in an area around her dealing damage and lowering their magic resistance stacking 10 times. Her old W was a targeted heal that gave bonus resistances and did not cost health to cast. Her old E restored an ally's mana or silenced an enemy.
: Still that udyr does not understand how the new dragons work or he would have got 4 of them for the mega buff.
Udyr can't get dragons when my bottom lane was winning pretty hard and keeping it warded. You need bottom lane pressure to get dragons if the enemy keeps them warded.
: i mean you were a rammus vs a jungling udyr...udyr took 1 dragon..he was bad he should have eaily had 2 to 3 dragons over a rammus.
I was not Rammus. Rammus disconnected. I was Taric.
AdamrCc (EUW)
: Why the fuck does Galio even exist?
Rioter Comments
: New champions in hextech loot
They can be found and disenchanted for bonus essence while they are worth more.
: When you discover the Ultimate YI build.... 37-9-8 TWO PENTAS AND ONE QUADRA
Must be rough when nobody builds grievous wounds until 30 minutes in.
K4t4Kyto (EUNE)
: What about Aphelios
"Before we go, make sure to hold on to your poison because everyone's new favorite edgy boy (and his sister), Aphelios joins the Rift in 9.24!" 9.24 is 12/11 to 12/24
: i feel like if they keep it a HP-less item then it really needs some form of active to make it better because as it stands its only good on like {{champion:44}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:54}} and only because they benefit the most from Armor in one way or another
It is by far the best armor item on {{champion:31}} and usually what I build on {{champion:111}} when I play him top lane.
: TFT is far too luck based right now.
Please do explain how I've been top 2 in about half of my recent games. It isn't because I'm lucky. It is because I use what I get. Your problem is that you are going for things. Don't go for things until you just happen to get them.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tl69Mq0v,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-12-10T07:43:20.324+0000) > > {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} > > 2 games ago against full AD we won 4v5 after Rammus disconnected and my Yasuo went 0/9. They surrendered after realizing they could no longer kill me after getting 436 armor. I started 1/5/0 this game btw. > > https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3230185840/209287161?tab=overview > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daRHSFJqH-4&feature=youtu.be You did that without Thornmail, holy fuck that is hilarious.
I don't really like thornmail unless I need grievous wounds. Randuin's is better defensively and the active is really useful in team fights.
: Tanks pretty useless with Lethality ontop of true damage
{{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} 2 games ago against full AD we won 4v5 after Rammus disconnected and my Yasuo went 0/9. They surrendered after realizing they could no longer kill me after getting 436 armor. I started 1/5/0 this game btw. https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3230185840/209287161?tab=overview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daRHSFJqH-4&feature=youtu.be
Rioter Comments
HalexUwU (NA)
: How do you play against himerdinger adc?
As support there is the option of going Sion. He can knock the turrets back into a useless position with his E without having to kill them. Tahm can do this as well but he has to get closer to do so.
iiGazeii (NA)
: You rush Seeker's Armguard before anything else, then move on to your main item. That item is insanely stat efficient, and once fully stacked, completely cancels out their first two lethality items for 1100 gold. Your damage potential doesn't go out the window if you take the Stopwatch rune + Biscuits. You lose out on a few minor offensive benefits for a safer early game. What DOES throw your damage out the window is feeding an assassin. Mages outscale assassins. Your job isn't to beat them in lane, it's to survive them. If you don't die to them and just farm, you'll end up stronger than them.
Armguard is so good that I build it on tanks and just sit on it all game. I don't know why mage players don't understand this.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Not every OTP is you. I don't play Nidalee all that much and i love her skins. I make it a point to get as much of her skins as i can, mostly through sales. There's an easy solution to your particular problem - Don't open your chests. But why are you not allowed to earn them, if your performance is good enough (and consistent) on Taric alone? The point is that the ENTIRE REQUIREMENT is for people to earn S- ranks for chests. Riot wants good performance. But good performance on 50 champions instead of just 50 good performances? Why do people need to play 50 champions? Why force it? The Hextech system is for EVERY PLAYER, equally. Right now, it's not an equal distribution because players who diversity their S- ranks are PREFERABLE to players who don't BUT still get S- ranks. Loot was clearly made for EVERY player in mind, it doesn't make sense to have 17 different restrictions placed on it, just so people can earn 1 chest, in a very special circumstances. There's also no need to make them earned differently on ARAM, as in the less champions you have left to earn the chest on, the more and more difficult it is to RANDOM them, and then get an S- in those tiny number of games. This practically makes a few chests (in a large champion pool of earned chests) unobtainable and people are forced to play SR instead.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UAMHNRAY,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-12-09T15:47:03.456+0000) > > Not every OTP is you. > I don't play Nidalee all that much and i love her skins. > I make it a point to get as much of her skins as i can, mostly through sales. > > There's an easy solution to your particular problem - Don't open your chests. > But why are you not allowed to earn them, if your performance is good enough (and consistent) on Taric alone? > > The point is that the ENTIRE REQUIREMENT is for people to earn S- ranks for chests. Riot wants good performance. But good performance on 50 champions instead of just 50 good performances? Why do people need to play 50 champions? Why force it? > > The Hextech system is for EVERY PLAYER, equally. > Right now, it's not an equal distribution because players who diversity their S- ranks are PREFERABLE to players who don't BUT still get S- ranks. Loot was clearly made for EVERY player in mind, it doesn't make sense to have 17 different restrictions placed on it, just so people can earn 1 chest, in a very special circumstances. > > There's also no need to make them earned differently on ARAM, as in the less champions you have left to earn the chest on, the more and more difficult it is to RANDOM them, and then get an S- in those tiny number of games. This practically makes a few chests (in a large champion pool of earned chests) unobtainable and people are forced to play SR instead. Riot put in a way to abuse the system as well though. My friends do it all the time. If they have a chest available, they can pick whoever they want and just have me play Taric top because I get an S in probably 2 out of 3 games on him. If I wanted to I could do that right back. Just join a friend playing on their main to farm chests.
PB4UAME (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RMW7qx8Y,comment-id=000000000000000100000001,timestamp=2019-12-08T01:23:04.819+0000) > > This is why I play a "bruiser" who mitigates significantly more damage than an average tank while providing cc and utility to my team. Here is a clip from last night when I went 1v4 (more of a 1v2v2) without a completed item against a team that was all fed except for my laner. I was only 2/2/2 at the time while Nunu was 7/2/2 and Caitlyn was 3/1/4. Most bruisers are freelo for me and I welcome a meta where only bruisers are in top lane. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZbIl0S1sCU > > Also, as to your other comment, I've been banning Ryze lately. He has always been stupid but now he is actually being picked. For what it's worth, Taric is a Warden, which is a sub class of tank.
> [{quoted}](name=PB4UAME,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RMW7qx8Y,comment-id=0000000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-09T07:25:47.393+0000) > > For what it's worth, Taric is a Warden, which is a sub class of tank. Name another warden that beats people to death with auto attacks. The only reason he is classified as a warden is because of his utility. In the client it actually lists him as a fighter and not a tank.
: *checks reddit* *front page has 3 esport posts total; mostly posts about clash, bugs, or bitching* ???
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JqNpjoLf,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-08T20:15:56.025+0000) > > *checks reddit* > > *front page has 3 esport posts total; mostly posts about clash, bugs, or bitching* > > ??? I did the same. I saw about twice as many personal gameplay videos than I did mentions of esports.
Linovy (NA)
: Question About Counterpicking Websites
In the case of Warwick vs Gragas, I don't think it is so much a counter pick as it is that Gragas is just not in a very good spot right now while Warwick is fairly strong after his Q and W buffs. Gragas in particular only does well in 2 matchups which are Sejuani and Malphite. The win rate difference is just because Warwick is currently stronger so there is no need to overthink it. Just play the game as you normally do and you should outperform.
Hotarµ (NA)
: _My_ favorite thing about reworks is the minuscule amount of players that enjoyed their (usually very niche) champion so much that they start acting like the newer version, with it's higher playrate and/or winrate, is an objective failure. Not to mention that most reworks generally succeed in removing problematic elements, which of course, those dedicated players don't believe ever existed. Yes, not all reworks are perfect. You have a right to be upset about the old version being changed (as do I with Shen) but it happened for a reason, a reason which benefits more than a handful of players. ... Oh, right. "Eggsdeeeeeeeeee."
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zzLRIEl6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-08T01:48:37.136+0000) > > _My_ favorite thing about reworks is the minuscule amount of players that enjoyed their (usually very niche) champion so much that they start acting like the newer version, with it's higher playrate and/or winrate, is an objective failure. > > Not to mention that most reworks generally succeed in removing problematic elements, which of course, those dedicated players don't believe ever existed. > > Yes, not all reworks are perfect. You have a right to be upset about the old version being changed (as do I with Shen) but it happened for a reason, a reason which benefits more than a handful of players. > > ... > > Oh, right. "Eggsdeeeeeeeeee." My favorite thing about the Galio rework. Pre rework he went the entirety of existence without any major balance changes and stayed around 51% win rate for years. After his rework, they gutted him then buffed him then gutted him then buffed him then gutted him then buffed him and every time they gut him his pick rate drops to about the same as it was pre rework and his win rate is around 45%. The only way new Galio is viable is if he is broken and in said cases he is quickly put back into the landfill. They also did a great job making him into a "tank" when his most picked items are {{item:3152}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3285}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3102}}
Flamdron (NA)
: Best one-trick top laners
The highest win rate top laners with 50+ ranked games played are Cho, Yorick, Mundo, Olaf, and Garen. Overall, Cho is the highest and has 9.5% higher win rate with experience than his average win rate total (second highest of all champions). This tells me that he is the best champion to be one tricking in top lane.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Why are Hesxtech Chests STILL tied to champions?
Why should a one trick even care about chests? I play almost exclusively Taric and am currently sitting on 36 keys with 4 chests available. I don't care in the least because I already have every skin for Taric and at least one skin on every other champion I play like Amumu, Cho, Tryndamere, Nautilus, and Mundo.
: > [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AoLZsnJk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-08T18:45:43.017+0000) > > And if someone doesn't know how to play mid, how is playing a melee going to help them? That just means they get zoned even *harder* from the wave when the enemy picks up any kind of advantage. At least melees can roam to other lanes and won't open mid by themselves. That's the issue. A lot of melees have powerful tools like Yasuo where despite going 0/4 they can still carry and help with ganks.
> [{quoted}](name=FCJAAAAGOOOO,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AoLZsnJk,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-08T19:30:17.375+0000) > > At least melees can roam to other lanes and won't open mid by themselves. That's the issue. A lot of melees have powerful tools like Yasuo where despite going 0/4 they can still carry and help with ganks. Roaming has nothing to do with being melee and everything to do with mobility and wave control. Ahri and Leblanc are way better at roaming than Cho will ever be.
Anîma (NA)
: Short Anonymous Survey on Stress vs Age and Personality
Wow...high schoolers need to lighten up. Most of the survey takers are 14-18 and most say they are highly stressed. I view life like this. I know where my next meal is going to come from and I know I have a place to live. What reason is there to be stressed out about?
Crashyy (EUW)
: +9 adaptive force, 8 armor, 6 magic resist, 15-90 HP...It's boring.
You just have to be a cool kid like me https://i.imgur.com/C3v4gA3.png[]
: > [{quoted}](name=2Charmnot2Charm,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RMW7qx8Y,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-12-07T22:45:18.969+0000) > > At the very least Poppy and Ornn shouldn’t have issues coming back. > > Kelpto got deleted and conq lost it’s true damage. Neither of those are why solo lane tanks are not viable, they are actually less viable than last season. Tanks will currently don't and never will beat bruisers 1v1 unless they are fed and even then it's iffy. Conqueror no longer having true damage doesn't change that. Plus this season your solo laners have to be your carries due to EXP changes so picking a solo lane tank is just not in your best interest.
> [{quoted}](name=LightswornLance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RMW7qx8Y,comment-id=00000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-07T23:06:12.811+0000) > > Neither of those are why solo lane tanks are not viable, they are actually less viable than last season. Tanks will currently don't and never will beat bruisers 1v1 unless they are fed and even then it's iffy. Conqueror no longer having true damage doesn't change that. Plus this season your solo laners have to be your carries due to EXP changes so picking a solo lane tank is just not in your best interest. This is why I play a "bruiser" who mitigates significantly more damage than an average tank while providing cc and utility to my team. Here is a clip from last night when I went 1v4 (more of a 1v2v2) without a completed item against a team that was all fed except for my laner. I was only 2/2/2 at the time while Nunu was 7/2/2 and Caitlyn was 3/1/4. Most bruisers are freelo for me and I welcome a meta where only bruisers are in top lane. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZbIl0S1sCU Also, as to your other comment, I've been banning Ryze lately. He has always been stupid but now he is actually being picked.
: His highest WR is Conq+inspiration secondary, which is 54%. PTA has 51% - 52.5%. Conq has 51.5% - 54%. The overall for the two keystones is 52.15% for PTA at 5% pick, while Conq is 52.6% at a massive 90% pick. Conq is clearly better in every regard.
Leagueofgraphs says conq+inspiration is 51.5% while PTA + resolve is 54.2%
Raffyk (NA)
: The Ranged Conqueror Change is an Unbalanced and (Near)Game-breaking Nerf to Urgot
Funnily enough, Urgot's highest win rate keystone is Press the Attack, not Conqueror. Maybe they are doing you a favor by nerfing it and Urgot players will start taking PTA.
Rioter Comments
BBKong (NA)
: Champs That Are Underrated Design-Wise
A lot of Taric mains are going to disagree with me here, but I think he has great gameplay design. He has very powerful abilities and all-in potential but there is counter play built into it. His E and R which are both extremely powerful abilities have a delay on them to leave room for counterplay. Here is the part that other mains mostly disagree with though. Taric is highly impeded by a .25 second self stun whenever he casts an ability that isn't his E. I like this aspect of him because while being one of the strongest duelists in the game (1.4 attack speed at level 1), he is highly susceptible to be kited. It is annoying getting kited on him but would quite honestly be unfair to his enemies if he didn't have this self stun in his kit. I think all champions should have clear weaknesses like this.
ZachiOH (NA)
: QWER DF NOT WORKING?!
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support/JKd602O7-keybindings-dont-work-until-i-relog-in-about-25-of-my-games?comment=0000
: > [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N1tIdBOE,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-12-04T05:27:16.996+0000) > > Also if you don't know what a right to work state is, that is a government system that enables employers to hire whoever they want for whatever they want and fire people for whatever they want. An employer could literally say "I don't like looking at your face so don't come back to work." They can also pay people whatever they deem fit and if the employee doesn't like it, they are welcome to look for a different job. You don't know what right to work is either. Right to work laws are anti-union laws that ban closed shops while requiring the union to still represent everyone. You're mixing it up with at-will employment (which isn't a government program), though with the caveat that at-will states can restrict firing for certain reasons. California, for example is an at-will state, however it has numerous laws stating what you can't fire people for.
> [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N1tIdBOE,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2019-12-04T07:56:20.368+0000) > > You don't know what right to work is either. Right to work laws are anti-union laws that ban closed shops while requiring the union to still represent everyone. You're mixing it up with at-will employment (which isn't a government program), though with the caveat that at-will states can restrict firing for certain reasons. California, for example is an at-will state, however it has numerous laws stating what you can't fire people for. I guess I should have phrased that differently. It isn't a government program (I said system). It is a lack of a government system with any kind of regulations. This is of course assuming that the occupation in question is one that does not require any kind of specific licences. An employer in the health industry couldn't hire someone without a license to practice medicine. This does not mean however that this employer couldn't hire a less qualified person for a job in discrimination against the more qualified candidate which would be a dumb move and no sane person would do anyways. The biggest reason I like being in a right to work state is that "equal opportunity" really means "special treatment." An equal opportunity employer in my eyes is just a company that hires to fill the minority employee quota passing up the people who would be better suited for the job because they don't have something that makes them different (minor ethnicity, disability, etc.)
Kelvynn (NA)
: TFT feedback from a new platinum player
I don't see a problem with spatula in the first round. You are actually gimping your early game by taking it round one before you have any champions to supplement it with. Having the bonus stats or effects from actual items in the first rounds is far more important than having a "maybe I can get mage Annie or light Yi 20 rounds from now." It can work out and be great, but it is also a huge gamble and will likely lead to you getting 8th place before getting the exact thing you want.
: Why does Karma still have only 40% AP ratio on her Q?
Maybe because her RQ has 130% AP ratio which is 50% more than Orianna's ult while having about a 10 second cooldown when she is played properly.
: What are some nastiest matchups that can make people regret living?
{{champion:122}} vs {{champion:36}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:14}} If Darius gets a single kill, you don't get to play the game. He will freeze lane and if you even try to get close enough for experience he will use ghost to kill you and your team will blame you for "inting" thus making it so you are forced to give up on levels and items in hopes that your team can carry you.
: PLS nerf solo lanes!!!
Just a side note, the jungle is actually a 12% exp buff for champions who can clear camps on spawn.
: Even If I constantly farm and ignore the game I'm still 3 levels behind top and mid
The only way you are 3 levels behind is if you are doing terrible. I included some of said terrible games in the list and as you can see, I clearly deserved to be 3 or more levels behind just based on performance. There is something wrong with you if you think a 0/9 Amumu doesn't deserve to be 3 levels behind a 14/1 Syndra. https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3223254861/209287161?tab=overview Same level as my solo laners and 2 levels up on enemy mid https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3221675590/209287161?tab=overview 1 level behind the 15/3/10 enemy top laner https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3218725735/209287161?tab=overview 3 levels up on the enemy top laner and 1 level up on my top laner https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3211137012/209287161?tab=overview Same level as enemy mid laner Now for some bad games: https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3206553680/209287161?tab=overview 1 level behind enemy solo laners https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3223289678/209287161?tab=overview 4 levels behind enemy solo laners but 1 level behind my mid https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3210782804/209287161?tab=overview 3 levels behind behind enemy mid but 1 level behind my solo laners
: Riot Settles Lawsuit, Will Pay Every Female Employee Since 2014 With $10 Million Fund
If women are so disadvantaged at Riot, why don't they find a job elsewhere? Things like this make me glad I work in a right to work state in a field of work that is 99.99% men. This "harassment" and "bro culture" is a daily part of the job site in most construction crews. If this is worthy of a suit, people would probably do time in jail where I work. (light tap on the balls with hammer handle when people are looking away, knocking the wind out of each other with a gut jab, shooting staples at people from a "safe" distance, many, many.....many sexually themed jokes, etc.) Also if you don't know what a right to work state is, that is a government system that enables employers to hire whoever they want for whatever they want and fire people for whatever they want. An employer could literally say "I don't like looking at your face so don't come back to work." They can also pay people whatever they deem fit and if the employee doesn't like it, they are welcome to look for a different job.
Proxhawk (NA)
: Honestly more and more lately it used to be maybe 1 every 10 game or so now it seems like I'm getting 4 in a span of 10 games. but it changes from time to time but its been more and more lately.
You still haven't given a single specific example in the entire thread. You are just going in circles never answering the question of what are these trolls doing. Saying that there are many forms of it and that you see it in almost half your games hasn't satisfied the question of what "it" is. Is "it" someone playing a build that you find to be sub optimal? If that is the case, let us have you look at these 4 games. In which ones am I trolling? https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3210782804/209287161?tab=overview https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3210643049/209287161?tab=overview https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3219699325/209287161?tab=overview https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3218702882/209287161?tab=overview
: Ofc i'm not against doing stupid things in normals, never have been never will be. But I don't believe ranked to be the place for it, everyone should be playing at 110% and giving it their all in ranked with meta champs in lanes they belong. Am I the only one who feels this way...?
> [{quoted}](name=JayisthenameDFA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2jaEfbdF,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-03T03:00:06.893+0000) > > Ofc i'm not against doing stupid things in normals, never have been never will be. But I don't believe ranked to be the place for it, everyone should be playing at 110% and giving it their all in ranked with meta champs in lanes they belong. Am I the only one who feels this way...? So you are saying that I should be first timing Camille top rather than playing Taric top when I have 1.1 mil mastery on Taric?
BigIdea (NA)
: You can try to rationalize your argument however you want and convince yourself kog and ornn and their synergies are comparable, but the results speak for themselves. There's a reason kog is the core champ of an S tier synergy that consistently wins games even when facing 3 star units while ornn and electric are rarely top 4 finishers. If you're honestly not convinced, try spamming 4 electric ornn to find out how that goes for yourself.
I do spam electric when I find it. In my match history with the electric bonus, I have 2nd, 5th, 8th (died before finding Zed), 1st, 3rd. My strategy is usually one of the following with me always going for chain vest first round: If I get thornmail: Braum, 4 warden, 4 mystic If I get frozen heart: Zed, 3 summoner, 4 ocean, 2-4 electric If I get red buff: Sivir, 4 blade master, 4 desert If I get crit/attack speed items: Nocturne, 3 assassin, 2-4 steel, 2 desert
: I'm confused. What is the difference between this and Trap Claw? Like theoretically the only difference I see is Poison not being procced. Summons are spells, should break it in theory. Infernal Hot Spots only trigger after ability cast.
You described how this is different than trap claw. Summons would not break the shield and would be rendered completely useless until one of the other units like Brand breaks it or if Annie happens to drop Tibbers on top of the shield when she summons him. As it stands, poison and burn are the only things without a counter. Glacial can be countered by qss, mages can be countered by dragon claw, low mana costs like Kindred and Ezreal can be countered with ionic spark, healing can be countered by red buff or morellonomicon, assassins and rangers can be countered by thornmail and frozen heart, high impact abilities like veigar and malphite can be countered by trap claw, and poison can be countered by absolutely nothing. If someone gets a Singed in a poison build it is basically game over unless someone's star units just outclass the poison user.
BigIdea (NA)
: - requires that you draw an electric lux - earliest you'll achieve 4 electric is stage 4 (more likely stage 5 or probably never due to first condition), while preds are completed with tier 1 and 2 units - ornn has to receive or deal critical strikes - 500 is much less than 900 there's a reason nobody complains about electric ornn
Complaining about 900 damage from a tier 1 due to a bonus when 2700 damage had to be dealt first seems just as rational to me as complaining about Ornn doing 500 damage with electric buff. The chance of a 1 star Kog Maw executing a tier 3 tank unit is far smaller than the chance of acquiring electric Lux. On the 500 is less than 900 part, that is only assuming that the electric buff only procs one time and is also assuming that a high health target is being executed. It is pretty rare to have units with more than 2k hp in order to have an execute of over 500. As for proccing the electric buff on Ornn in general, you should read what his ability does. It gives his target(s) 50% increased chance to be crit.
Rioter Comments
BigIdea (NA)
: I agree with OP. IMO, it doesn't matter that predators require units to get reach 1/4 health. A tier 1 unit should not be able to dish out 900 damage in any situation, not to mention being able to do so unequipped. They are low cost, trash tier for a reason. Not enough thought or testing was put into the predator synergy.
What about an Ornn doing 500 damage AoE without a cooldown or condition?
: It's a trading keystone. You use it for aggressive lanes where you need to trade repeatedly with the end goal of forcing your opponent out of lane or to kill them. If you get 2 procs of grasp in an all in it will generally outperform PTA. With how long Conqueror takes to stack at level 1 (with a few exceptions like Riven and Cassiopeia) it is by no means "far superior" as if you go into the fight with grasp primed you'll have proc'd it twice before they have conqueror stacked. If farming is your focus, runes like Fleet Footwork are usually much better. Grasp falls off. Hard. In team fights it can be difficult to proc it at all and you're often only getting the health (which is generally not very much) as value. Referring to it as a "scaling keystone" when the best scaling keystones in the game are like Conqueror and Electrocute is just... wrong.
I am talking about Taric specifically here. Taric has 1.43 attack speed at level 2. A stun and 4 auto attacks fully stacks conqueror in about 3 seconds. Taric's stun lasts 1.25 seconds meaning that he is only stacking against a responsive enemy for 1.75 seconds. Conqueror gives 13 ad at level 2. That is an increase of 19 dps or 19 health at 4 seconds, 38 at 5, 57 at 6, 76 at 7, 95 at 8, and so on. In the Pantheon fight, I procced grasp twice for a total of 27 damage. I'll straight up do the math for conqueror damage with the exact number of auto attacks present. In the level 1 trade, I landed 8 auto attacks for a total of 50 conqueror stack hits at 60 base damage mitigated to 43 damage. At level 2, there were 5 auto attacks for a total of 20 conqueror stack hits at 26 base damage mitigated to 18 damage. In total, conqueror would have done 61 damage while grasp did 27. Now we look at healing. Grasp healed for 18. During the time that I would have had conqueror fully stacked, I did 177 damage which would have been 202 with conqueror. This would have given me 30 healing. TLDR; in the pantheon fight, grasp did 27 damage and 18 healing. Conqueror would have done 61 damage and 30 healing in the exact same scenario.
: Grasp is first and foremost a laning keystone and the scaling element of it exists because they needed to increase its powerlevel to make it equal to other runes when it was adopted into Runes Reforged and giving it more laning power would have made certain tank picks and Gangplank completely overbearing in lane. It is debatably the strongest laning keystone in the game and Conqueror is one of the worst at level 1/2.
Grasp is the best keystone for a lane where farming is the focus. It is garbage in an all-in where it only gets procced one or maybe two times. In those situations, the 3 keystones I mentioned are far superior.
LexC100 (EUW)
: Where is the skill in this game?
The skill in TFT is using what is given to you or using what is statistically easily obtained based on what the other 7 are taking. Items are also something given to you. If you get 2 daggers and 2 bf swords to start with, you don't want to go wardens. The opposite is also true. If you are given 2 chain vests, a negatron cloak, and a giant's belt, why would you even try to build around rangers or mages? You are not going to win every single game as there is a lot of luck involved to get first. This does not mean you can't consistently place top 4 though.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pw2udJHH,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-12-01T19:00:51.734+0000) > > Taric can do it right at 5 minutes with {{item:3070}} {{item:1041}} {{item:1039}} without losing hp. Taric can also win duels at that point while taking dragon against most other junglers if he can switch dragon aggro over to them. > > > Pardon the sound. My comp just updated and my headset didn't work for some reason so it was picking up noise through the laptop microphone. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHJMFN0HT1I I've never seen a Taric jungle before. I don't really know about this one, but for something that's completely off meta and all, it's too risky to play especially for me.
Also if you question his ability to duel early game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhor0-8Pu0U&feature=youtu.be This was using a scaling keystone (grasp) instead of press the attack, conqueror, or aftershock to 1v1 a diamond 3 pantheon who used ignite on me while I had teleport.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pw2udJHH,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-12-01T19:00:51.734+0000) > > Taric can do it right at 5 minutes with {{item:3070}} {{item:1041}} {{item:1039}} without losing hp. Taric can also win duels at that point while taking dragon against most other junglers if he can switch dragon aggro over to them. > > > Pardon the sound. My comp just updated and my headset didn't work for some reason so it was picking up noise through the laptop microphone. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHJMFN0HT1I I've never seen a Taric jungle before. I don't really know about this one, but for something that's completely off meta and all, it's too risky to play especially for me.
Why is it risky because it is off meta? Just because nobody plays it doesn't mean that it isn't good. I find Taric to be vastly superior as a jungler or top laner than as a support and I have 1.1 mil mastery on him. In jungle, you don't have to worry about Taric's weaknesses which are poke and mana sustain. Blue buff basically erases his mana dependency and Taric excels at all in fights which are all there is in the jungle. Taric is probably the best champion in the game at 2v2 fights and I clearly demonstrated that he has a safe and efficient clear. https://i.imgur.com/AcI8XOm.png
Show more

AlienPrimate

Level 225 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion