: Pyke's Q stuck in channel
Actually noticed this in a few games but didn't realize it wasn't just me having a derp
: > [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=0005000000010000,timestamp=2019-02-01T05:03:55.754+0000) > > Right... According to the shitty system we complain about. Ok? Thanks for saying what I said! "But someone else blah blah blah" does not excuse your behavior. Chat logs on a reform card only show the punished player's chat messages because that player's own behavior is the only part of the match they were responsible for, and they need to take responsibility for their actions.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00050000000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-01T05:10:05.873+0000) > > "But someone else blah blah blah" does not excuse your behavior. Chat logs on a reform card only show the punished player's chat messages because that player's own behavior is the only part of the match they were responsible for, and they need to take responsibility for their actions. But the actual game impacting troll walks away fine. WHICH IS MY FUCKING POINT LOL. no wonder na sucks the reading comprehension levels are laughable. Also if it wasn't in the ToS that retaliation isn't ok would you be white knighting for riot or no? Cause we all can agree that if someone's flaming telling someone to kill themselves or some other form of actionable trolling then they should be called out and addressed so that punishment for their ACTIONS can be meted out appropriately. But at this point telling the enemy team in post game that this little fuck was following you around in jungle stealing your camps and emote spamming gets you banned while he walks away unscathed lol it's completely fucking unfair to the other 9 players in the game and it happens consistently
: > [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-01-31T23:53:51.831+0000) > > Yeah when someone is flaming the piss out of you in team chat you're not allowed to say out loud that he's a troll and deserves a report that's more reportable than inting which is why this system is fucked ~~Yeah when someone is flaming the piss out of you in team chat~~ **_you're not allowed to say out loud that he's a troll and deserves a report_** Other people's behavior is not relevant. One's own behavior is relevant. Screaming that your teammates are trolls and insisting that everyone report them is not acceptable behavior.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000500000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T04:56:02.637+0000) > > ~~Yeah when someone is flaming the piss out of you in team chat~~ **_you're not allowed to say out loud that he's a troll and deserves a report_** > > Other people's behavior is not relevant. One's own behavior is relevant. Screaming that your teammates are trolls and insisting that everyone report them is not acceptable behavior. Right... According to the shitty system we complain about. Ok? Thanks for saying what I said!
Modi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Apricot Jams,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bOqt4mtO,comment-id=000000000000000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2019-02-01T02:42:17.137+0000) > > Ah, right, so everyone's personal experiences are meaningless in your book. Good on you. Your personal experience is the opposite of mine, hence the fact that it is anecdotal, **which is no different than my experience**. Both are neither confirmation nor refutation of any theory. an·ec·do·tal (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.
> [{quoted}](name=Modi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bOqt4mtO,comment-id=0000000000000000000000010000000100000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T03:11:32.100+0000) > > Your personal experience is the opposite of mine, hence the fact that it is anecdotal, **which is no different than my experience**. Both are neither confirmation nor refutation of any theory. > > an·ec·do·tal > (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research. Then by this logic you're not providing evidence that riot isn't okay with letting banned people start over and spend money and be toxic all over again. So I can assume they are..? Your experience is only anecdotal after all. Let's argue semantics instead of talking about real issues with the game lol
: > [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hT5i0ueo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-01T02:13:42.666+0000) > > Yes based on my own experiences I routinely have highs and lows in streaks instead of consistent win for loss game to game. And all within the exact same rank while my invisible mmr flops around like a fish out of water. > > Enforced? Probably not. Unintentionally happening? Absolutely A coin will routinely have heads and tails in streaks instead of consistent heads for tails toss to toss, and a penny has no mmr. That's not an error, that's probability acting exactly as it does.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hT5i0ueo,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-01T03:20:52.728+0000) > > A coin will routinely have heads and tails in streaks instead of consistent heads for tails toss to toss, and a penny has no mmr. That's not an error, that's probability acting exactly as it does. Except this is league of legends and not a penny
Rabetż (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=AnObL88Z,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:33:00.231+0000) > > Your ranked matchmaking has been busted for years because you refuse to address trolling/ afks in a meaningful way other than banning people for hurting feelings. All of these changes will effectively fail at alleviating player frustration unless something is done to fight back against the actions (not words!) of people ruining games. Trolling/AFK's have nothing to do with matchmaking; those people exist in every ELO. You also have to understand it's harder to detect when someone is actually feeding intentionally/trolling or really just having a bad game. As for the "hurting feelings" argument, I partially agree with you; the punishment for saying certain things shouldn't be a permanent ban from the game, unless you really over-do it. The punishment should be a permanent chat restriction/ban. Also, your words can and will effect your games; your or your enemy's team morale is a big factor in whether you win or lose.
> [{quoted}](name=Rabetż,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=AnObL88Z,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-02-01T03:06:57.812+0000) > > Trolling/AFK's have nothing to do with matchmaking; those people exist in every ELO. You also have to understand it's harder to detect when someone is actually feeding intentionally/trolling or really just having a bad game. As for the "hurting feelings" argument, I partially agree with you; the punishment for saying certain things shouldn't be a permanent ban from the game, unless you really over-do it. The punishment should be a permanent chat restriction/ban. Also, your words can and will effect your games; your or your enemy's team morale is a big factor in whether you win or lose. Plenty of threads out there with the argument that incompetence on riots part or the excuse that it's too hard no point rehasing it here I was just giving my feedback as the post requested
Tennousu (NA)
: I never understood why people get angry at a 50% chance at winning a game. Isn't that the most fair way? If matchmaking decides **_Not_** to go for 50-50, that means that one team implicitly has a greater chance of beating the other, even if its something miniscule as 51-49. Good for the 5 people on the better team, but not for the 5 people on the team that has a lesser chance of beating them. If that was actually the case, I guarantee you people would be complaining that Riot's matchmaking is even more biased than they already do, for deciding that one group of players should have the scales tilted in their favor.
> [{quoted}](name=Tennousu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hT5i0ueo,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-02-01T02:38:44.767+0000) > > I never understood why people get angry at a 50% chance at winning a game. Isn't that the most fair way? > > If matchmaking decides **_Not_** to go for 50-50, that means that one team implicitly has a greater chance of beating the other, even if its something miniscule as 51-49. Good for the 5 people on the better team, but not for the 5 people on the team that has a lesser chance of beating them. > > If that was actually the case, I guarantee you people would be complaining that Riot's matchmaking is even more biased than they already do, for deciding that one group of players should have the scales tilted in their favor. Because when you're in silver you need to win an overwhelming amount of your games to consistently climb but then you go on a 10 or more game lose streak with some trolls or afks mixed in and it's hard not to tilt at any outside influence that might effect your win rate. It's not impossible that riot has algorithms in place to push you way above your mmr or place you with losing streak players to try to push you back down.
: Stuff I miss about League...
Anyone else find it odd they buffed vayne and everyone's pissed about it and the new big skin for the event is vayne? Riot gets points for transparency I guess
: Just because you remember something doesn't mean it happened. Classic Nelson Mandela / Bearenstain Bears effect. You need to have hard, empirical evidence to make any claims, your memory that can be faulty is nowhere near good enough.
> [{quoted}](name=mtothe6thpower,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bOqt4mtO,comment-id=0000000000000000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T02:40:18.640+0000) > > Just because you remember something doesn't mean it happened. Classic Nelson Mandela / Bearenstain Bears effect. You need to have hard, empirical evidence to make any claims, your memory that can be faulty is nowhere near good enough. Where are your hard facts that riots behavior management is shit?
: > [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bOqt4mtO,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-02-01T02:17:55.225+0000) > > Actually, I like this thread better than some others. > > My personal peeves are - > > "WE NEED A REPORT BUTTON IN CHAMP SELECT AND IN GAME AND POST GAME AND OUT OF GAME AND WHILE WE'RE SLEEPING." > > "WHY DON'T INTERS GET PUNISHED. THIS VEIGAR WAS 2/4/12 IN MY GAME AND HE WAS CLEARLY INTING AND HE GOT **ME** BANNED WTF RITO!" Thank you. Finally someone who can put their emotions aside and read thoughtfully.
> [{quoted}](name=Apricot Jams,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bOqt4mtO,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T02:35:25.174+0000) > > Thank you. Finally someone who can put their emotions aside and read thoughtfully. Few and far between. No one wants to hear any rational discussion on any topic that has negative connotations towards the game without "hard facts". Do I look like fucking Rick Sanchez do I need to pull out my whiteboard and explain to you mathematically that the behavior management of this company punishes people for words not actions? I've never had an account banned btw I've been playing on this one since early in the games life I believe 2009 so our anecdotal testimony in this court of law counts for something and marginalizing it for your arguments convenience doesn't make it moot.
: Your ranked matchmaking has been busted for years because you refuse to address trolling/ afks in a meaningful way other than banning people for hurting feelings. All of these changes will effectively fail at alleviating player frustration unless something is done to fight back against the actions (not words!) of people ruining games.
> [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=AnObL88Z,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:33:00.231+0000) > > Your ranked matchmaking has been busted for years because you refuse to address trolling/ afks in a meaningful way other than banning people for hurting feelings. All of these changes will effectively fail at alleviating player frustration unless something is done to fight back against the actions (not words!) of people ruining games. I see that any feedback that isn't completely positive is unwanted got it thought police thanks for clearing that up lol
: Do you believe that Riot is enfocing a 50% winrate by intentionally matching you with bad teams?
Yes based on my own experiences I routinely have highs and lows in streaks instead of consistent win for loss game to game. And all within the exact same rank while my invisible mmr flops around like a fish out of water. Enforced? Probably not. Unintentionally happening? Absolutely
Xidphel (NA)
: Which is why it EVENTUALLY only gets you standard punishment -[going up the punishment tiers](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286)- while the other nets you... an instant 14-day ban? What? Unless you mean it'll get caught faster. Unless the bot can read minds from a player from a random part of the world, that player, if he plays his cards right, will be able to hide his INTentions and not get caught. Meanwhile, someone who makes a scene is easier to spot.
> [{quoted}](name=Xidphel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-02-01T02:00:15.124+0000) > > Which is why it EVENTUALLY only gets you standard punishment -[going up the punishment tiers](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286)- while the other nets you... an instant 14-day ban? What? > > Unless you mean it'll get caught faster. Unless the bot can read minds from a player from a random part of the world, that player, if he plays his cards right, will be able to hide his INTentions and not get caught. Meanwhile, someone who makes a scene is easier to spot. ... Which is where a lot of the player frustration comes from and what I'm arguing is empirical evidence of a flawed system but oh well
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:15:37.384+0000) > > There's a dozen posts or so per day. Many of these posts, but not all, are coming from punished players or from the same players everyday. > > There's the better side of tens of millions of monthly players (read: closer to 100 million than 50 million). A dozen out of millions is not a lot at all. > > And you don't have to call them out specifically. It is completely fine for you to black out their names and post screenshots of match history and stats pages that prove they're trolling. You're unwilling to do so because you can't Also the reason it's usually from punished players is because they're frustrated that their games are routinely ruined and yet they get in trouble because they typed words in a chat box with near 0 impact on the mechanics of the game. How many people do you see on boards complaining that they got punished for trolling? Literally 0 (if you exclude the inting sion snafu a while back haha) it's all about chat. When people initially complained about toxicity in league it was rarely for chat and mostly for peoples actual in game actions.
> [{quoted}](name=Xidphel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000001000000000000000100010007,timestamp=2019-02-01T02:01:28.174+0000) > > Good luck being an anti-rito zombie though. > > Also, we're not digging for your arguments for you. If you can honestly claim you've played at lower elos and weren't plagued by trolls then good for you you got lucky and I'm genuinely happy for you. If you've played silver and are unlucky like I am then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about without me digging through match histories throwing images out there of someone with a bad score so you can just argue that scores don't indicate trolling. It's a moot argument either you accept my personal experiences from 10 years of play or you don't, that's on you and if you don't trust me, a random on boards, then that's fine! Can't say I blame you. But I'm not sure why I'd be here if my experiences weren't legit so.. again that's on you
Yenn (NA)
: Is it really necessary for Sylas to have both a shield and heal?
: Riot's Discipline System: The Illusion of Quality
The issue with the counter argument and actually the op argument is that both assume blatant malicious intent from riot. It's possible that both of you are right in that riot knows that this could generate more money and are therefore apathetic about reversing bad punishments or being too open handed on people who barely did anything wrong. But I don't believe they're out there identifying paypigs and banning them. No one thinks Dr evil took riot over ffs. It's just a clear argument that they see it as an added benefit of their poor player reformation system. Still getting afks and trolls in nearly every single game but it's rare they call me bad names so there's that I guess...
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:15:37.384+0000) > > There's a dozen posts or so per day. Many of these posts, but not all, are coming from punished players or from the same players everyday. > > There's the better side of tens of millions of monthly players (read: closer to 100 million than 50 million). A dozen out of millions is not a lot at all. > > And you don't have to call them out specifically. It is completely fine for you to black out their names and post screenshots of match history and stats pages that prove they're trolling. You're unwilling to do so because you can't Also the reason it's usually from punished players is because they're frustrated that their games are routinely ruined and yet they get in trouble because they typed words in a chat box with near 0 impact on the mechanics of the game. How many people do you see on boards complaining that they got punished for trolling? Literally 0 (if you exclude the inting sion snafu a while back haha) it's all about chat. When people initially complained about toxicity in league it was rarely for chat and mostly for peoples actual in game actions.
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000001000000000000000100010004,timestamp=2019-02-01T01:20:23.034+0000) > > so i give you examples and you offer...nothing? lol what a waste of time > > see ya later{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} > > good luck not getting punished in the future Read my above comments where I say that posting numbers will do nothing for the other guy and you'll get it after a few reads.. also I'll never be punished because I have a ticket out to riot to delete my account because of how much this game has devolved over time. Good luck being a rito zombie though{{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: Riot's Discipline System: The Illusion of Quality
BTW before anyone pulls this BS about punished players complaining please know that I have a support ticket out to riot requesting my account be deleted because this game is ass and riot is the new EA
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:15:37.384+0000) > > There's a dozen posts or so per day. Many of these posts, but not all, are coming from punished players or from the same players everyday. > > There's the better side of tens of millions of monthly players (read: closer to 100 million than 50 million). A dozen out of millions is not a lot at all. > > And you don't have to call them out specifically. It is completely fine for you to black out their names and post screenshots of match history and stats pages that prove they're trolling. You're unwilling to do so because you can't Also the reason it's usually from punished players is because they're frustrated that their games are routinely ruined and yet they get in trouble because they typed words in a chat box with near 0 impact on the mechanics of the game. How many people do you see on boards complaining that they got punished for trolling? Literally 0 (if you exclude the inting sion snafu a while back haha) it's all about chat. When people initially complained about toxicity in league it was rarely for chat and mostly for peoples actual in game actions.
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000001000000000000000100010001,timestamp=2019-02-01T01:03:37.241+0000) > > oh you want examples? > > > > > now its your turn, prove to me that RIOT doesn't do anything Right... Go play a dozen games and I promise either someone on you or their team will int, afk, pve jg, avoid team fights etc. Claim riot is doing something all you want, shits still happening at an alarming frequency
: there's a fucking literal fuckton of fucking ways to say fuck without directing it at someone
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=0002000000000000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-01T01:05:28.044+0000) > > there's a fucking literal fuckton of fucking ways to say fuck without directing it at someone You're a hero man captain literal here to the rescue
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:15:37.384+0000) > > There's a dozen posts or so per day. Many of these posts, but not all, are coming from punished players or from the same players everyday. > > There's the better side of tens of millions of monthly players (read: closer to 100 million than 50 million). A dozen out of millions is not a lot at all. > > And you don't have to call them out specifically. It is completely fine for you to black out their names and post screenshots of match history and stats pages that prove they're trolling. You're unwilling to do so because you can't Also the reason it's usually from punished players is because they're frustrated that their games are routinely ruined and yet they get in trouble because they typed words in a chat box with near 0 impact on the mechanics of the game. How many people do you see on boards complaining that they got punished for trolling? Literally 0 (if you exclude the inting sion snafu a while back haha) it's all about chat. When people initially complained about toxicity in league it was rarely for chat and mostly for peoples actual in game actions.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000001000000000000000100010000,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:59:55.021+0000) > > There's quite a few, but many of them delete their threads after the community points out it's clear they were trolling. I wish the moderators would not allow the players to do this, but they can and do. There's still quite a few up if you just look. > > And the other thing - most people banned for trolling don't try to come complain on the boards because they know it's a legitimate punishment. Oh well again sitting here arguing facts with someone like you is pointless. Was citing my own personal experiences with 10 years of league under my belt which counts for nothing in this court of law. But it still counts for my personal frustrations with the game and the community being toxic as fuck and just getting worse year after year. Again if you don't experience these issues then you're lucky and more power to you. If you do experience it and are just fanboying then again, don't choke on the Kool aid
: Riot's Discipline System: The Illusion of Quality
We both know that the fanboys will be all over this post to down vote it into oblivion with little to no input other than veiled toxicity. Some of us know you're right though. EA lite edition Riot games will die off sooner than later
: Today I had to Dodge a Game
Just play support when you're up for auto fill. Doesn't matter how you do and then your auto fill requirement is good for a few games. Shitty solution to a shitty system!
Red Fr0st (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=AnObL88Z,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:33:00.231+0000) > > Your ranked matchmaking has been busted for years because you refuse to address trolling/ afks in a meaningful way other than banning people for hurting feelings. All of these changes will effectively fail at alleviating player frustration unless something is done to fight back against the actions (not words!) of people ruining games. It's just a game, why you have to be mad
> [{quoted}](name=Red Fr0st,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=AnObL88Z,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:39:27.828+0000) > > It's just a game, why you have to be mad Define mad. 0 anger in my above post just criticisms that are well deserved I believe.
rujitra (NA)
: There's a dozen posts or so per day. Many of these posts, but not all, are coming from punished players or from the same players everyday. There's the better side of tens of millions of monthly players (read: closer to 100 million than 50 million). A dozen out of millions is not a lot at all. And you don't have to call them out specifically. It is completely fine for you to black out their names and post screenshots of match history and stats pages that prove they're trolling. You're unwilling to do so because you can't
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:15:37.384+0000) > > There's a dozen posts or so per day. Many of these posts, but not all, are coming from punished players or from the same players everyday. > > There's the better side of tens of millions of monthly players (read: closer to 100 million than 50 million). A dozen out of millions is not a lot at all. > > And you don't have to call them out specifically. It is completely fine for you to black out their names and post screenshots of match history and stats pages that prove they're trolling. You're unwilling to do so because you can't Also the reason it's usually from punished players is because they're frustrated that their games are routinely ruined and yet they get in trouble because they typed words in a chat box with near 0 impact on the mechanics of the game. How many people do you see on boards complaining that they got punished for trolling? Literally 0 (if you exclude the inting sion snafu a while back haha) it's all about chat. When people initially complained about toxicity in league it was rarely for chat and mostly for peoples actual in game actions.
: Ranked 2019 — /dev Update #2
Your ranked matchmaking has been busted for years because you refuse to address trolling/ afks in a meaningful way other than banning people for hurting feelings. All of these changes will effectively fail at alleviating player frustration unless something is done to fight back against the actions (not words!) of people ruining games.
rujitra (NA)
: There's a dozen posts or so per day. Many of these posts, but not all, are coming from punished players or from the same players everyday. There's the better side of tens of millions of monthly players (read: closer to 100 million than 50 million). A dozen out of millions is not a lot at all. And you don't have to call them out specifically. It is completely fine for you to black out their names and post screenshots of match history and stats pages that prove they're trolling. You're unwilling to do so because you can't
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:15:37.384+0000) > > There's a dozen posts or so per day. Many of these posts, but not all, are coming from punished players or from the same players everyday. > > There's the better side of tens of millions of monthly players (read: closer to 100 million than 50 million). A dozen out of millions is not a lot at all. > > And you don't have to call them out specifically. It is completely fine for you to black out their names and post screenshots of match history and stats pages that prove they're trolling. You're unwilling to do so because you can't False I'm unwilling to do so because I'm lazy, prove otherwise. /S Again trolling is hard to prove with post game metrics so doing so is a fools errand. Anyone who has ever EVER worked in any field with customer feedback knows that it is overwhelmingly negative. That being said, many people are even lazier than I am and don't bother posting about it because they know it's equivalent to screaming into the void. Anecdotal evidence is just as effective as any hard data I am capable of presenting to you so I'll just let it go. My friends all quit, people quit on a daily basis and I've already put in a support ticket to delete my account because this community has just demolished my will to play. Again I know it's not match histories showing you specific instances of people being twats but if you can stand there and tell me you don't get people trolling your games then good on you. Don't choke on the Kool aid
CC Vyra (NA)
: tired of top lane
Try playing bottom lane either role lmao it's so bad down there I just ban junglers at this point
aruke (NA)
: hardstuck bronze
Once you get placed into a low rank it's nearly impossible to climb without uninstalling the game. Trolls literally everywhere.
BradNo (NA)
: I am willing to pay Riot Games $5 a month to get good players on my team.
"trolls don't exist you just need to git gud" - every weeb ever
: > [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:03:00.812+0000) > > Very few players yet it's a daily topic on boards hmm.. Boards represent only a tiny fraction of the entire community though. ----- > I routinely get people doing troll shit in my games and if I call them out specifically I'll get myself in trouble. Correct. Targeting and calling them out in chat serves no purpose. All you have to do is report them in the post-game screen and move on. Let the system take care of the rest.
> [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:04:49.712+0000) > > Boards represent only a tiny fraction of the entire community though. > > ----- > > Correct. Targeting and calling them out in chat serves no purpose. All you have to do is report them in the post-game screen and move on. Let the system take care of the rest. And yet my friends list is full of grey names because they say they can't handle the toxicity. Again must just be the tin foil hat interfering with riots signal haha. It may serve no purpose other than asking them to stop but that's punishable too so gee idk why have text chat at all. And the issue is that the report system does nothing when you go next and the same shit happens again on your team or the enemy team and ruins the game... Again.
rujitra (NA)
: That's not proof. Provide proof of this. Because I do play the game. As do millions of other players. And very few have this attitude you do that everyone is a troll. So if you think there's so many trolls, start providing proof.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:00:30.407+0000) > > That's not proof. > > Provide proof of this. Because I do play the game. As do millions of other players. And very few have this attitude you do that everyone is a troll. > > So if you think there's so many trolls, start providing proof. Very few players yet it's a daily topic on boards hmm.. I'm not going to sit here and prove trolls to you mathematically. I routinely get people doing troll shit in my games and if I call them out specifically I'll get myself in trouble. Isn't baiting not allowed periscope?
: That's true; saying something alon the lines of "I'm so fuckin fed" ain't gonna hit you with a ban. Spamming only "fuck" could probably get you a punishment. And they've mentioned many times that swearing isn't an issue, but insulting others is.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00020000000000000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T23:47:11.367+0000) > > That's true; saying something alon the lines of "I'm so fuckin fed" ain't gonna hit you with a ban. > > Spamming only "fuck" could probably get you a punishment. > > And they've mentioned many times that swearing isn't an issue, but insulting others is. And here we go periscope moderating the pain away as soon as anyone says anything that might hurt feelings lmao
: OP, you weren't permabanned for one game with bad behavior. You were permabanned for one _more_ game with bad behavior. One month between telling people things like "xin just shut up and stop losing the game for us," "why are you such an ass," and "report xin zhao" is just more poor behavior than the system is set to tolerate. Given that you had just been suspended and warned that this was your last chance, it just didn't look like you were taking it seriously.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-31T23:51:41.128+0000) > > OP, you weren't permabanned for one game with bad behavior. You were permabanned for one _more_ game with bad behavior. One month between telling people things like "xin just shut up and stop losing the game for us," "why are you such an ass," and "report xin zhao" is just more poor behavior than the system is set to tolerate. Given that you had just been suspended and warned that this was your last chance, it just didn't look like you were taking it seriously. Yeah when someone is flaming the piss out of you in team chat you're not allowed to say out loud that he's a troll and deserves a report that's more reportable than inting which is why this system is fucked
: That's true; saying something alon the lines of "I'm so fuckin fed" ain't gonna hit you with a ban. Spamming only "fuck" could probably get you a punishment. And they've mentioned many times that swearing isn't an issue, but insulting others is.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00020000000000000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T23:47:11.367+0000) > > That's true; saying something alon the lines of "I'm so fuckin fed" ain't gonna hit you with a ban. > > Spamming only "fuck" could probably get you a punishment. > > And they've mentioned many times that swearing isn't an issue, but insulting others is. There aren't a lot of ways or reasons to say fuck in game unless you're saying it at someone. Man you guys are so literal though like of course I can say fuck all I want (without spamming) it's the idea that words in league hurt but actions don't.
rujitra (NA)
: If it's so easy to see, you should be able to provide concrete proof. If you can't, then I've got a pink unicorn to sell you for the low, low price of $10.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-31T23:46:57.417+0000) > > If it's so easy to see, you should be able to provide concrete proof. > > If you can't, then I've got a pink unicorn to sell you for the low, low price of $10. Go play the fucking game and unless you're just a riot fanboy then you'll see why there are posts about trolls on a daily basis for about 10 straight years with 0 improvement. But you know, I'm just toxic so my words and the words of MANY other players with negative experiences don't count lol Again, condescend all the way up the fuck out of my face haha
Mejays (NA)
: Is this Banter or is this considered Toxic behavior that would get me banned in the future?
rs531 (NA)
: Anyone wanna help me with my Term Paper about league of legends?
Could be a psychology study on addiction to shitty games
: Make Remakes better/Losing LP for afks
"but if you make it so you don't lose lp when a teammate leaves people will abuse it" - every weeb ever
Jamaree (NA)
: Make sure to notice the difference between and actual troll and someone who is having a bad game.
A troll having a bad score is irrelevant but it's the easiest metric to use when venting frustration. The majority or the time people say someone is trolling it's because they're being a pve jg and laughing when you get ganked. Or following you in jg to steal camps. Or some other fuckery you can't prove unless you watch replays which isn't realistic. Must easier to say they went 0/12 but you know people aren't allowed to say the community at large has cancerous tumors festering everywhere, they just need to git gud lmao
: > [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T21:46:13.213+0000) > if you say fuck too many times, you will get chat restricted or more. fact That is fiction.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000200000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-01-31T23:22:15.396+0000) > > That is fiction. That is FACT. By my own experiences lol so please tell me I'm wrong. Though I should say that it has to be contextualized a little. Saying fuck at someone, for being a fuck. Autoban and not the German kind
: > [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T22:56:59.621+0000) > > Don't bother he's just an anus people accuse him of working for riot lol I'm pretty sure anyone on these boards who thinks the discipline system works either doesn't play the game, works at riot or most likely both.
> [{quoted}](name=Apricot Jams,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T23:17:38.304+0000) > > I'm pretty sure anyone on these boards who thinks the discipline system works either doesn't play the game, works at riot or most likely both. "No dude you're just toxic" - every weeb ever
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00040000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-31T23:09:45.745+0000) > > False Proof?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000400000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T23:15:58.560+0000) > > Proof? Proof you flame people and dont get in trouble?
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Apricot Jams,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T22:51:25.425+0000) > > In my experience it's very true, but go on, i'm curious to hear your perspective. I have been playing this game since before season 1. I have been here every system, I haven't been banned a single time for chat. I did get a leavebuster ban for playing with a shitty laptop that was prone to overheat and turn off though to be fair. I say fuck and curse in chat all the time, if someone is clearly trolling or does a stupid play, I just shrug it off and just report, HOWEVER, if they troll or make a stupid play and blame me, then I flame them. I repeat, never once again ban, restricted, or even punished. If you ONLY retaliate against people who are the actual problem, you won't get banned. When you retaliate against everyone, including people just having a bad game, then yeah, yeah you will.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=0004000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-31T22:58:23.476+0000) > > I have been playing this game since before season 1. I have been here every system, I haven't been banned a single time for chat. I did get a leavebuster ban for playing with a shitty laptop that was prone to overheat and turn off though to be fair. I say fuck and curse in chat all the time, if someone is clearly trolling or does a stupid play, I just shrug it off and just report, HOWEVER, if they troll or make a stupid play and blame me, then I flame them. I repeat, never once again ban, restricted, or even punished. If you ONLY retaliate against people who are the actual problem, you won't get banned. When you retaliate against everyone, including people just having a bad game, then yeah, yeah you will. False
rujitra (NA)
: I'd like to know where you purchased your crystal ball so I can get one myself, if you wouldn't mind sharing.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T22:30:46.038+0000) > > I'd like to know where you purchased your crystal ball so I can get one myself, if you wouldn't mind sharing. You don't need a crystal ball to see that there are trolls in the majority of the games but please condescend some more because you are special lol
NahDaddy (NA)
: Aren't you the guy that (complained?/inquired) about a thread that was taken down? I'm curious why you brought up skin sales. Your argument can be said for any and all champs. More champions sell more skins nowadays, even those who aren't overloaded with stats.
> [{quoted}](name=NahDaddy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hMJ8lsGW,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T22:06:43.280+0000) > > Aren't you the guy that (complained?/inquired) about a thread that was taken down? I'm curious why you brought up skin sales. Your argument can be said for any and all champs. More champions sell more skins nowadays, even those who aren't overloaded with stats. I'm not that guy but k
Xidphel (NA)
: No it ain't.
> [{quoted}](name=Xidphel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-31T21:53:43.949+0000) > > No it ain't. solid counterpoint{{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T21:39:35.531+0000) > > you can fuck directly off, not interacting with a troll Whose trolling, we have all had games where we just feed. A single bad game shouldn't be a cause for banning because we all have them. People who have a history of that stuff, yeah, do it, but one game's worth of feeding shouldn't get you in trouble.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WQEPzhh6,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T21:42:50.231+0000) > > Whose trolling, we have all had games where we just feed. A single bad game shouldn't be a cause for banning because we all have them. People who have a history of that stuff, yeah, do it, but one game's worth of feeding shouldn't get you in trouble. you routinely jump onto boards and play devils advocate just to get a reaction out of people. youve done it on my posts before and youre doing it here. we have all had bad games. fact there are people out there straight inting game after game while not being toxic in chat, they get by just fine with no punishment. fact if you say fuck too many times, you will get chat restricted or more. fact my score is irrelevant to the people who intentionally ruin games and get no punishment for it. FACT
: Stuff I miss about League...
do you have any idea how many $kins zed sells now compared to before though?
: Permanently banned off one game
you can go 0-11 in 15 minutes as orianna jg but as long as you say "gg guys sorry i just had a bad game" you can routinely ruin every game you play with 0 consequences say fuck an arbitrary number of times and riot will press charges
Show more

Alim Thedas

Level 101 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion