: You... Get anxiety attacks because of honor flares? I'm a bit confused. What is it about it that makes you feel that way? Is it the fact that players may have higher expectations of you if they see that your mastery is high, or what your honor level is high? Bc even though last game you did well, you may not do well this game? Just trying to understand. Maybe you can ask Riot to lock your honor level at 2??? Honor lock IS possible so who knows, they may do that for you. Highly doubt they will but if you're submitting a ticket anyway it's worth a shot to ask.
I get anxiety attacks when there are any distinctive features attached to myself that I didn't deliberately and knowingly put there, because I don't like to stand out in any way. I feel the same way about an honour flair that I would about someone tattooing that same symbol on my forehead.
usul1202 (NA)
: Interesting, never met someone like that. I do pay attention to mastery a lot when playing seriously, I like that they added that. Maybe I just play with more apathetic people tho.
I don't doubt that apathetic people exist, but unless everybody in the world is completely apathetic, then I'm still garnering some level of attention that I **flatly do not want** with these things. The option to hide them is all I ask. Everybody else can still wave them about all they choose.
: I feel like these kinds of things you never hear in-game. This is an isolation of the Voice Over and nothing else, which is not how it is presented in-game. I've felt this way about past voice filters then never think about it again because in-game this is not precisely what it sounds like. Background noises like this aren't picked up as well on in-game audio. I could be wrong, but that's my take. Hear it in-game before anything.
I'll wait until it's in-game gladly, but I'm still raising the concern in case the "EEEE" noise **is** the in-game noise.
usul1202 (NA)
: No problem, I figured I'd ask because tbh, I can't remember the last time I noticed a loading screen flair beyond "oh, that's a thing. Forgot about that", and I know my friend noticed far more than me on stuff like that. Ultimately, I think that's the reason you get backlash on here though. To most people they are invisible in plain sight, and so your request seems like a no factor that would take up engineer coding time for no reason (and, let's be honest. Adding that fix would break something >_>). If your current setup in life is working for you, I wouldn't recommend changing it for something small like this. I also get that the input of anxiety isn't something you can just flick off with a switch. It may be something you can acclimate your mind to though, by more actively looking at player behavior in game. Your experiences may differ from mine, but how often do you see someone comment on another players flair? (excluding when they came out, they were all the rage then).
I play with a friend heavily who always takes the time to notice and comment on every Mastery and Flair in the loading screen every single game. This may skew my perceptions, but it means my answer is "every time".
zPOOPz (NA)
: The fact you think it needed your **consent** implies you think you are **entitled** to have control over it.
Where did I say I thought it _needed_ my consent? I just don't like that it didn't _have_ it.
: This is no different from color blind settings, except this affects ALOT more people. Sound is a huge problem in League, we have almost no control over specifics, except to turn them off. I have sensitive hearing, a lot of sounds in League hurt because they are ether too loud or too high pitched, and I have NO WAY to turn some of them down or off without turning everything else off. For example, when you try to cast a spell when it's off cooldown, that ding hurts my ears so I have to have my sound down lower than what I want. Volibear is way too loud. Thank goodness he's getting reworked soon but there are others too.
Good to know it's not just me.
zPOOPz (NA)
: > Yet again, I find myself making a post because I have loading screen flairs without my **consent**. lolwut, you are not **entitled** to anything on Rito servers
Did I say the word "entitled" anywhere? I did not _consent_ to the loading screen flair, it was placed, I have taken steps to remove it. Never claimed to be entitled, just factually describing the events.
usul1202 (NA)
: Honest question (and I promise, I mean no ill will by it), are you on anxiety medication? I ask because my best friend used to have severe anxiety that really mitigated their ability to enjoy day to day life. It took a while and trying 4-5 different meds to find the right ones but while they still have the anxiety, small stuff like this don't bother them anymore and they're much happier.
No offense is taken. I am indeed on anti-anxiety medication. It helps to the point where I can be here, on the forums, posting for the things that I feel the game would be improved by, despite the fact it seems to consistently get me vitriol and confusion. However, I don't consider the continual flair, match after match, to be a "small" thing, I guess. But your honesty and openness is appreciated, and if I were not on medication already, your question would have helped me, so thank you. :)
: I'm sorry, but I don't have to respect your opinions, nor do you have to respect mine. I have to accept that you **have** opinions. The fact that you're looking toward a MASSIVELY-MULTIPLAYER GAME as a source of stress relief and escapism is very confusing to me. It goes against what you're trying to achieve.
You don't have to. I was asking if you did. As for treating an MMO as stress-relief and escapism... Yes? Isn't that what the entire point of escapist fiction like video games **is**? I personally find stress relief in being the support, in helping people around me, in making them better. This is best achieved in a video game that is online and features other players. This also ties in with me not wanting attention at all. I'm not wanting to be the star of any show. I'm much happier being the Soraka, quietly healing and not making waves, to the Draven, all eyes on them.
: Some people's hearing are just more sensitive than others. The only way to fix this is by lowering your sound. In the settings there should be a bunch of sound sliders such as sound for music, voices, effects...etc. You can just adjust the slider for voice, and re-adjust them whenever you play a different champion. Riot can do something if they could and want, but I dont know what
They could, maybe, deaden the ringing noise or change its pitch or relative volume, so that Aphelios's voice lines are still accessible even with the ringing at a bearable volume for those people with sensitive ears. Or they could remove it altogether. Or they could class it as a sound effect rather than a voice line, although that would only move the problem elsewhere. Or they could do something else I haven't thought of. I just wanted to bring the issue to their attention. :)
Kei143 (NA)
: But ... pretty much everyone is h5. I'll find it strange when people aren't. Plus I've never had anyone point out my honors in my games, so what attention does that bring to you? If you really don't want people to know, get yourself dropped down to honor2. No flairs there. Even if you dropped down to h1, you can still get S rank chests. You just get keys at 1/3 of the rate of any other honorable player.
I honestly wouldn't know what attention having honours would bring me, because ever since the system has been implemented, I've been presented with three functional choices: Choice A: Submit tickets asking to be temporarily chat restricted down to H1 every time I hit H3, so I never have a flair showing at all. Choice B: Stop playing. Choice C: Play, but have continual anxiety attacks every time I see the flair. I chose Choice A. However, while you are correct and I had the penalisation wrong, I still would like not to be penalised for wanting this basic human right afforded to me is what is meant to be stress-free escapism. Every time I submit said ticket, I'm told, "Hey, maybe post about this on the boards." So I do.
: You are asking for special treatment for what is essentially a "you" problem. I hate to be the one to break it to you - but sometimes in life you have to adapt to the communities that you're part of. What's even more bizarre about this is that you don't want POSITIVE attention. Why in the world would you not want your current team to know that other strangers thought you were honorable? That's a benefit. This is the kind of rigidity that can cause strain in friendships, relationships, and jobs. You need to reflect on this.
Let me try this. I don't understand your desire for this kind - or any kind - of attention in what is meant to be escapism, i.e. somewhere free of stresses. It makes no sense to me, nor to many other introverts the world over, I'm sure. However, while I don't **understand** your desire for it, I **respect** your desire for it, as I understand that not everybody is me. If our situations were reversed, I'd be advocating for you to have a toggle feature that I do not understand the point of. Can you respect that not everybody wants attention, even allegedly "positive" attention? Can you understand the request in that light? (As an aside, I'm slightly perturbed by the assertion that not wanting to stick my behaviour on a flag and wave it about above my head is "rigidity".)
rujitra (NA)
: ***
What I _want_ is for my actions last game, with a completely different group of people, to have no bearing on _this_ game. I'm not trying to make **anybody** adapt to my own desires, I'm asking for the option of not having **them** make me adapt to **theirs.** What desire am I forcing you to adapt to, by asking for the right to decline honours/turn off loading screen flairs? Purely my own, nobody else's.
: Worst comes to worst, you can just turn the champion voice off and still get to play him :)
Possible, but highly un-ideal. I personally think that voice lines are one of the highlights of the game. But yeah, it's my last resort option. :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Allein Dovienya,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=h0QmZEl6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-27T14:42:56.961+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNDX60k0mBA > > Before **EVERY** voice line, there's two sounds - a nice set of ethereal whispers, and a high pitched ringing sound. > > Can you hear them? I see what you mean. Interesting because while I can hear that pitch coming in after the calm/etheral sound it is not disturbing to me. Now you may be more sensitive to it which means there is other people who may be too sensitive to it too. I sadly can not do much about it but maybe a Rioter can help if they see it and wish to reply.
I do realize that everybody's ears are different, but when discussing it with some friends, they recommended posting it here on the boards in hopes that a Rioter would indeed see it. I have slim hopes of it being changed, though - the Mastery Emote sound and many Emote sounds were not changed, and it took years for a "mute pings" option to be implemented, although I'm still holding out hope for a "mute pings but still see them" option.
: Is it possible to give an example? Link a video maybe and tell us which line or give us a timestamp? I have seen gameplay of his and his preview and no where did I see any sound issues so it might as well be your pc's fault.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNDX60k0mBA Before **EVERY** voice line, there's two sounds - a nice set of ethereal whispers, and a high pitched ringing sound. Can you hear them?
: > I didn't consent to sharing. lol...you don't have to consent to share anything, it's not private or personal information. This game isn't for you.
This game, that I love playing, and that makes me happy in so many ways that here I am trying to get the one thing that makes me unhappiest in it changed, isn't for me? Based on what metric? And information, about my personal playstyle (worthy of honouring), isn't personal? Huh? But even ignoring that, why should what I did last game have any bearing on this game? Isn't one of the points of a MOBA that each game is disconnected?
: Sounds like a multiplayer game isn't for you. You're upset that people see that you're honorable??
I like multiplayer games just fine; my main objective in them is to help people and allow them to shine and do better, a goal I cannot realistically achieve in single-player games. I don't believe that what I did **last** game should have any bearing on **this** game, though, and information about how I was last game causes expectations and gives information about myself I didn't consent to sharing.
: {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
I don't want attention. Having honour flairs (and mastery badges) is attention. I'd like to have the option to hide them, or opt out of getting them in the first place. Does that clear up any confusion?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Allein Dovienya,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r1AhFTt0,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-16T15:23:07.182+0000) > > I agree, and that lends your hypothesis more weight than a random person's, or even my own, but as you said, you don't know. I do expect that you're right, though. All I said was that I don’t know their specific procedures. If they had no procedures or very few procedures, their company would have died immediately no questions asked. And we already know they have good play testing features considering they’ll test even relatively small things like a tweak to a skin or loading flair in the PBE before sending it out.
I feel like we're going a bit in circles. I'm agreeing with you, I just think the specific level of annoyance and nonsense necessary for this change to be implemented is an unknown variable. It's almost definitely some level of annoyance and nonsense necessary, though.
: > [{quoted}](name=Allein Dovienya,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r1AhFTt0,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-16T15:09:39.627+0000) > > I entirely agree with your post, although I will say again that none of us really _know_ how much work it would be for Riot. We can _hypothesize,_ but none of us know for sure. > > I fully expect it would be a serious change, though. I'm aware of this. I just think it would be one that is worth doing, which I know most people disagree with. I mean, as somebody who codes and has worked in quality management, I’m not really hypothesizing. I’m telling you that even small changes require a lot of work. Sure, I don’t know Riots specific procedures, but I know that any company dealing with coding has quality management procedures.
I agree, and that lends your hypothesis more weight than a random person's, or even my own, but as you said, you don't know. I do expect that you're right, though.
Kei143 (NA)
: Just don't bank on it being that "soon".
I'm in no way banking on it being soon. I **wish** it were soon, but I am not realistically expecting it **ever,** let alone soon. I mainly made this thread because each time I ask in a ticket about things of this nature (honour resets, etc), I get told to make a thread discussing it. So I've gotten in the habit of doing so about once a year, during or just before preseason.
: > [{quoted}](name=Allein Dovienya,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r1AhFTt0,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-16T14:00:27.730+0000) > > Are you saying that you think spending time on small and reasonable QOL fixes is an unworthy aim for Riot? > > (Not an attack, just clarifying a point of your post) I believe the issue is more of how many people request a QOL change. If the majority of the player base is asking for one change and a minority is asking for another change and Riot only has enough resources to allocate to one QOL change (because of testing, more dire issues, bugs, etc), Riot is going to side with the majority. Sure, a toggle sounds easy in theory, but you also have to consider how it would interact with the rest of the client and the possible bugs of removing banners for everybody, resetting honor/masteries when used, etc which means playtesting is required and Riot needs to take possible bugs and their fixes into consideration as well. Riot having limited resources means they need to spend their time wisely.
I entirely agree with your post, although I will say again that none of us really _know_ how much work it would be for Riot. We can _hypothesize,_ but none of us know for sure. I fully expect it would be a serious change, though. I'm aware of this. I just think it would be one that is worth doing, which I know most people disagree with.
Kei143 (NA)
: It's not as much small of a task as you think. First things you need to consider is the client (lol.exe) and the game (pvp.net) are separate platforms. So there will need to be cross coding for both platforms to recognize the intent. The code itself isn't that difficult. But then there's the testing to make sure that such code doesn't crash the client or the game with different rigs and setups. Have to make sure it works for PC and Mac, the different versions of windows and iOS. The UI has to change as well, that normally just just involve the UX staff, but it might involve artists as well. Then there is the deploy, the communications to let people know such feature exsist, the translation. Finally there is the monitoring to make sure it doesn't crash the other reigon's client and game. All that to make 0.005% of the population happy. While it is doable, the higher ups probably have a higher priority for the engineers, like getting chat enabled during loading screen. It might be something they add when they decide to do a bunch of client-ingame customization features together, like self mute button, /muteall button in the client. Which might happen in the coming future.
I was saying "small" in reference to the post I was replying to saying it was small. As I mentioned above, I'm under no illusions about this request being a simple one. I do, however, think that it is a worthy QOL change, the same as you yourself mentioned in your last paragraph, in fact. :)
Kei143 (NA)
: Look at the dev blog videos on the client about the new season. If blitz grabs you as soraka, you are supposed to swiftly and calmly hit that qss, flash, silence, star call and ~~run~~ stroll away to safety. No need to panic and button mash and execute your escape in the wrong order. Afterall, Soraka is not a "faceroll on keyboard" to win champ.
Well, now I'm extra glad I've never played ranked, because I never wanted a border. And I know the protocol for being grabbed on my highest-mastery champion, but there's still the moment of terror as a successful grab into a team generally spells death, and many things about the aforementioned plan can be unavailable or go awry.
Kei143 (NA)
: So what's going to happen in S9 when everyone can see your highest rank? Granted everyone within your team might have the same rank, so how does it matter? The honor ones ... every has them as well. As long as you aren't the first ones to hit to hit a new honor level, you won't stand out.
Oh holy heck, please tell me you're trolling me and that's not a legitimate thing that's coming in S9. I mean, I've already been playing less because of these things, but... The amount of terror you just instilled in me is more than a Soraka who hears a sudden Blitz grab noise from the fog of war.
Jo0o (NA)
: It’s all about rate of return. For such a large player base, any change to the client is going to have high overhead in terms of testing, troubleshooting, and monitoring. Doing this for the sake of a minuscule portion of the community is a tough sell. It also opens the floodgates for other small and reasonable client change requests, which causes that much more work for Riot.
Are you saying that you think spending time on small and reasonable QOL fixes is an unworthy aim for Riot? (Not an attack, just clarifying a point of your post)
Jo0o (NA)
: I respect your desire, sure. I just don’t think there’s a realistic solution to it, because your desire is so niche.
Alright, in what way is a hypothetical toggle of "Show loading screen flairs and badges"/"Don't show loading screen flairs and badges" unrealistic? I understand that it's probably not as simple as a single line of code, and if that's the reason that Riot comes down from their ivory cloud and rules that it ain't gonna happen, that's cool. But seeing as neither you nor I can realistically assert whether or not that is the case, are there any other ways in which you consider it unrealistic?
: Most people have these things, you really aren't standing out unless you're going out of your way to mention it.
Again, I fully accept that it's probably something in my head that is making me reflexively jerk away from anything that remotely draws attention. It's a comfort issue. I'm not comfortable having these badges stuck to my metaphorical chest without consent. Is that something understandable? I'm very sorry if I'm conveying myself poorly.
Jo0o (NA)
: I just don’t see it. I’ve been an avid online gamer since the early days of Starcraft and damn near lived in WoW, and you’re the first person I’ve ever seen asking for more tools to hide your accomplishments.
Alright; that's fair enough. I ask you - are you capable of respecting that people like myself **do** exist? I can respect and applaud your right to show off your accomplishments, alien as that is to me - can you understand my desire to hide them? Some people don't want attention. There's a reason I'm going nearly a year between these threads - because it's about as often as I can make myself that central to peoples' attentions. I play WoW too, and I don't raid anymore, partly due to the increasing attention and documentation of it. Lots of other games, too, but always the maximum anonymity options.
Jo0o (NA)
: I’ve never had my honor level commented on, and nobody has mentioned my mastery level since around season 5-6. I get the desire for privacy to an extent, but a large company like Riot isn’t going to implement a feature for only one person to use.
I would imagine that more than just myself would use it - this is the kind of system that would be used by a lot of people who aren't game to make a fuss on the forums like myself, as that is the kind of thing that, surprise surprise, people who want to avoid attention generally don't do. I'm just doing it because someone has to or the system never gets assessed. However, even if only one person used it, privacy is kind of something that people should be permitted, even in games.
: I've literally never had anyone comment on my Honor or Mastery level, I'm very skeptical that it's causing any problems other than what you're projecting onto them yourself. If someone is harassing you *for any reason*, Mute and Report them.
The amount of issues I've had with my Honour and Mastery badges are minimal because I avoid using them for the most part, using the methods laid out above. However, my ultimate issue is less about harassment and more about comfort in relative anonymity and lack of attention-drawing things attached to myself without my consent. The badges being visible is enough of a deterrent that they are actively influencing the way I play due to discomfort. This is not something I enjoy. I miss playing League unrestricted by them. Is that entirely in my head? Probably, yeah. Is it an unreasonable request to make, though? I don't think so.
Rioter Comments
: "You need not follow, but you must witness." Azir radiates such power with this voice line.
More the deliveries than the lines themselves, but there's a particular line from each of my two mains that really strikes a chord. {{champion:497}} "We don't want your harmony. We want our freedom." {{champion:16}} _"LIVE."_ Particularly that Soraka ult line, it just sounds like, well and truly, Soraka Wishes (heh) nothing more than you survive whatever tragedy is befalling you at that moment.
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
I have a single change to patch in, as it was left out in a weird counterplay-shuffle. "Soraka: Wish now removes Grievous Wounds again." It was removed when GW only changed self-healing, then didn't get changed back when that did.
Minarde (NA)
: >And, while one may disagree, I think that that boasting of prowess with a Champion is core to the idea behind Mastery, especially with MR6+, where the prerequisites for those levels are scoring S-'s and S's. I do indeed disagree with that concept. Personally, Mastery functions much like the old profile badges for takedowns, matches won, and so on. They're neat stats to look at, but mostly meaningless otherwise. For one thing, there's no way to lose Mastery levels. Following your example, there's no way to tell whether you're a badass with Leona now or if you were a badass Leona player before and haven't touched her in a year. It's especially concerning when champs have been reworked, yet players have retained their Mastery levels. Furthermore, even with MR6+, there's no guarantee of consistent good play. It only requires 5 S-ranks, regardless of how long it takes. Someone with 5 S-ranks in 5 games gets MR7, just like someone with 5 S-ranks in 5000 games. Secondly, Mastery level is independent of MMR. Who's a better Leona: a Silver MR7 or a Diamond MR5? There's also multiple queues with separate MMRs, which adds to the confusion. Someone with a high Solo rank could fairly easily farm Mastery tokens in their low-rank Normal or Flex games. (Or high-rank Normal farming in low-rank Solo or some other combination). They'd be earning their Mastery tokens more with individual ability than with champion skill. Finally, Mastery levels 6 and 7 are only available on classic SR. Someone could be a jaw-dropping, godly Draven on Treeline, but their hard work and skill wouldn't matter solely because they're not playing on SR. Naturally, it could be argued that they're not learning the expected Draven skillset by not playing on SR. However, as I mentioned, Mastery doesn't imply mastery or skill. Someone could typically be terrible at a champion, yet grind enough games to luck out with tokens. Unless Riot addresses these issues, Champion Mastery is neither impactful nor worthwhile beyond the occasional "oh, that's kinda neat" reaction. Sorry about the tangent.
This is all precisely what I have been saying for as long as the system has been out, and yet I have never been able to articulate it as clearly as this. Thank you.
: At first I thought OP was being ridiculous but when I actually think about it they make a good point. You shouldn't be forced to advertise your mastery and honor. It should be a perk we have the option to select.
Thank you for looking past my alleged ridiculousness. :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Allein Dovienya,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fBErZhoV,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-01-12T14:30:32.264+0000) > > I did indeed. I explained the situation and my desire for privacy and anonymity, and that the only way I'd found to get rid of the flair was to get a chat restriction or temporary ban. A member of the Support staff gave me one and immediately removed it. It was very nice of them. Gotcha. Just to be clear though, they didn't give you a permanent chat ban / unbind your enter key?
They did not. They gave me one and immediately removed it - it was purely for the purpose of deranking my Honour.
: Yea I don't see the problem with letting people hide those things if they so choose. BUT WAIT!!!! You asked Rito for a chat mute and received one?? That's awesome. I tried asking for one a while back and got rejected. FeelsBadMan
I did indeed. I explained the situation and my desire for privacy and anonymity, and that the only way I'd found to get rid of the flair was to get a chat restriction or temporary ban. A member of the Support staff gave me one and immediately removed it. It was very nice of them.
: I feel I shouldn't be banned.
> [{quoted}](name=razzorblade,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rM1XLHxs,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-01-12T04:18:47.411+0000) > >I may have muttered "kys %%%" ~~~ > [{quoted}](name=razzorblade,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rM1XLHxs,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-01-12T04:18:47.411+0000) > >"14-Day suspension" Your overall statement is correct - The system IS flawed. 14 days is not nearly long enough punishment for that kind of behaviour.
: Honour and Mastery Badges
I'm glad that I have helped illuminate a disconnect in your thinking. New information and perpectives are the most valuable things in the world to me, and I hoped I have enlightened you. I'm glad you can see my point on the question. I would merely like to say, though, that while people like me who actively want it are the ones who are the initial voice, it's people like _you,_ the people who wouldn't use it but can respect that somebody else might want to, who generally make the main bulk of the voice in such things. I personally don't like being the voice speaking out for changes like this - as I have taken my time to explain in this very conversation, I don't want to be the center of attention - but somebody needs to do it. But the real impetus of change, both in video games and in broader issues, isn't going to come from the few people who are going to speak up with misgivings - it's going to come from the general populace who speak in support of those people who they may not agree with, but can definitely respect their right for things. Like, in this case, privacy, even in the microcosm of a video game. I have to say, with this being my third thread on this issue, each at a different point of the Honour System's existence, you are by far the most pleasant person I have spoken to about the topic. Please keep that mindset and composure intact on these boards. You make them a better place.
: I don't think Mastery would be quite as impactful or worthwhile if it wasn't shown. It's easy to play a Champion well and confirm to yourself - on a game-to-game basis - that you excel with that Champion, but Mastery is meant to announce that skill to others. I could tell people that I'm a badass with Leona every game, but nobody would really have any proof until I've already dominated. With Mastery banners, on the other hand, I have my teammates aware from the gate that I've accrued some wealth of experience with Leona, that they can trust in my intuition and ability. I may have already known that I can rock the Solari goddess, but Mastery lets me boast it to others without having to say a word. And, while one may disagree, I think that that boasting of prowess with a Champion is core to the idea behind Mastery, especially with MR6+, where the prerequisites for those levels are scoring S-'s and S's. I couldn't really imagine the Champion Mastery system would be worth much outside of the Hextech Chests if the banners were to be hidden. But, at the same time, I'm also aware that higher Mastery Ranks do produce some sort of expectation for some players. God knows I'm liable to catch some flak if I go about getting beaten as Azir - I'm MR7 with him, I'm supposed to be good with him. But, regardless of player expectation, I still feel the whole point of Mastery is to pronounce yourself as having some degree of skill and dedication to a Champion. --- While I can agree with the bit about one's play in a prior match has no bearing in a new one, I kinda have to say that the point is a little moot. Honor really has no bearing on any match - any flairs just tell people "well, this person is whatever level above 3, and someone liked them, so I guess they're patient and p/ okay players". I'm still not wholly sure how I feel about Honor being visible to enemies (despite Ranked accolades and Mastery not being so), but I suppose it's there just to stand in until they can do proper work on the Honorable Opponent option again. Though I admit, it would be nice for players to hide their Honors from enemies, due to the (rare) possibilities of abuse based on Honor. --- Huh. I'd forgotten you could have your Ranked accolades hidden. Nevertheless, there's a fair amount of information one could gather about a player through Summoner mouseovers and Profile searches. Your profile (and the mouseover) display the Champion you've played the most recently, and the mouseover shows your most frequent role. Although the mouseovers I think are only available in the post-game lobby (or they could be exclusive to Friends list, I dunno), and I doubt anyone would really care to do Profile searches, so I suppose my major point is moot. All said, though, and I apologize for this, but I don't think I can really see from your perspective on the issue. It could just be my own proud personality, but I just can't really wrap my head around wanting to keep that kind of stuff under wraps. I do hope that this discussion gives others something to weigh between our two viewpoints, though. I apologize once more for my inability to gain perspective, and I thank you for your patience and respect. Have a nice day/night.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fBErZhoV,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-12T05:18:37.714+0000) > > I don't think Mastery would be quite as impactful or worthwhile if it wasn't shown. It's easy to play a Champion well and confirm to yourself - on a game-to-game basis - that you excel with that Champion, but Mastery is meant to announce that skill to others. I could tell people that I'm a badass with Leona every game, but nobody would really have any proof until I've already dominated. > > With Mastery banners, on the other hand, I have my teammates aware from the gate that I've accrued some wealth of experience with Leona, that they can trust in my intuition and ability. I may have already known that I can rock the Solari goddess, but Mastery lets me boast it to others without having to say a word. > > And, while one may disagree, I think that that boasting of prowess with a Champion is core to the idea behind Mastery, especially with MR6+, where the prerequisites for those levels are scoring S-'s and S's. I couldn't really imagine the Champion Mastery system would be worth much outside of the Hextech Chests if the banners were to be hidden. > > But, at the same time, I'm also aware that higher Mastery Ranks do produce some sort of expectation for some players. God knows I'm liable to catch some flak if I go about getting beaten as Azir - I'm MR7 with him, I'm supposed to be good with him. But, regardless of player expectation, I still feel the whole point of Mastery is to pronounce yourself as having some degree of skill and dedication to a Champion. > > --- > > While I can agree with the bit about one's play in a prior match has no bearing in a new one, I kinda have to say that the point is a little moot. Honor really has no bearing on any match - any flairs just tell people "well, this person is whatever level above 3, and someone liked them, so I guess they're patient and p/ okay players". > > I'm still not wholly sure how I feel about Honor being visible to enemies (despite Ranked accolades and Mastery not being so), but I suppose it's there just to stand in until they can do proper work on the Honorable Opponent option again. Though I admit, it would be nice for players to hide their Honors from enemies, due to the (rare) possibilities of abuse based on Honor. > > --- > > Huh. I'd forgotten you could have your Ranked accolades hidden. Nevertheless, there's a fair amount of information one could gather about a player through Summoner mouseovers and Profile searches. Your profile (and the mouseover) display the Champion you've played the most recently, and the mouseover shows your most frequent role. > > Although the mouseovers I think are only available in the post-game lobby (or they could be exclusive to Friends list, I dunno), and I doubt anyone would really care to do Profile searches, so I suppose my major point is moot. > > All said, though, and I apologize for this, but I don't think I can really see from your perspective on the issue. It could just be my own proud personality, but I just can't really wrap my head around wanting to keep that kind of stuff under wraps. > > I do hope that this discussion gives others something to weigh between our two viewpoints, though. I apologize once more for my inability to gain perspective, and I thank you for your patience and respect. Have a nice day/night. I'm not saying that those who want the auto-boast option of their Mastery should have it taken away - I'm merely saying that for those people for whom it is merely a record log of their progress on the champion, an option to _remove_ the boastful option should be implemented. I really don't care about the expectations it forms or whether or not everybody else wants to have the automatic boast about their skill on Leona, Azir, Rakan, etc. That's really their business. But it's _my_ business whether or not I want to advertise like that myself. I'm afraid that on the honour point, I don't understand one of your statements. You say that you think Honour should be hidden from the enemy because of the admitted chance for abuse based on it. Do you think that because you wind up on the same team as somebody, they _won't_ abuse you based on it, if they are the type of person who is inclined to do so? Your apology for not feeling as I do is noted, but my ultimate question to you is this: I personally feel that your perspective of wanting to show off your skill as Leona, to use the stated example, is completely bewildering. However, I respect your right to have that **option** available to you. While I do not agree, cannot comprehend it, and think that it is alien, confusing, and strange, I also think that if that is what you want to do with the information you have about your Leona skill as marked by Mastery, I think you _should_ be able to wave that flag on your loading screen slice. Can you respect that I _don't_ want to wave that flag, and wish it wasn't automatically planted on my slice? I return your gratefulness at the respect and manners you have shown.
: I can see where your coming from because when i see a m7 i think that their gonna play well immediatly and get pissed when they dont but if i see no mastery then i wont expect anything but for the honor badge its not actually that important because honor doesnt actually reflect wether your nice or not just if u play well
> [{quoted}](name=Master2139,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fBErZhoV,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2018-01-12T04:16:50.812+0000) > > I can see where your coming from because when i see a m7 i think that their gonna play well immediatly and get pissed when they dont but if i see no mastery then i wont expect anything but for the honor badge its not actually that important because honor doesnt actually reflect wether your nice or not just if u play well It's not even about that, mainly, I just don't feel that how I played _last_ game has any relevance on _this_ game. And I wish I could be afforded my privacy and lack of attention. I want to be known as "The support with the hard-to-pronounce name" and whatever I earn **IN** a given match.
: Is that not the purpose of Mastery, though? To work hard and proudly display your skill with a given Champion? Hiding the Mastery banner would kinda run counter to what Mastery is. I could kind of see hiding Honor, though, but I imagine if they did allow it, at most it'd be hiding Honor from the enemy team. Honor is really just small stuff - congrats, someone liked you last game for one reason or another. The flair doesn't stick, and if it's really an issue, you could ask people to just not honor you. (though, I suppose that in and of itself would be counterintuitive, since you're asking people specifically not to honor you, which would draw attention to yourself, and on top of that it risks folks being sarcastic and honoring you anyway - so...Ultimately, getting Honored isn't something you can really avoid.) Besides that though, you seem to be extremely focused on Honor and Mastery as "violations of privacy", but...What about Ranked accolades, like Borders, Profile Insignias, Summoner Icons, or other things that are ridiculously easy to view, like your Summoner Level? Even a brief mouseover post-game will tell you a lot of info about a person. Who they've been playing a lot of recently, what role they've been focusing on, their Summoner Level - etc. - there's just so many things that I feel align with your statements of "lack of respect for privacy" that you're kind of passing over. I'm not saying I disagree with you, though - nor do I really agree, to be honest. But, if you're going to start talking about flairs and badges being disrespectful to one's privacy, it might pay to look at the larger picture.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fBErZhoV,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-01-12T04:16:19.127+0000) > > Is that not the purpose of Mastery, though? To work hard and proudly display your skill with a given Champion? Hiding the Mastery banner would kinda run counter to what Mastery is. > > I could kind of see hiding Honor, though, but I imagine if they did allow it, at most it'd be hiding Honor from the enemy team. Honor is really just small stuff - congrats, someone liked you last game for one reason or another. The flair doesn't stick, and if it's really an issue, you could ask people to just not honor you. > > (though, I suppose that in and of itself would be counterintuitive, since you're asking people specifically not to honor you, which would draw attention to yourself, and on top of that it risks folks being sarcastic and honoring you anyway - so...Ultimately, getting Honored isn't something you can really avoid.) > > Besides that though, you seem to be extremely focused on Honor and Mastery as "violations of privacy", but...What about Ranked accolades, like Borders, Profile Insignias, Summoner Icons, or other things that are ridiculously easy to view, like your Summoner Level? Even a brief mouseover post-game will tell you a lot of info about a person. > > Who they've been playing a lot of recently, what role they've been focusing on, their Summoner Level - etc. - there's just so many things that I feel align with your statements of "lack of respect for privacy" that you're kind of passing over. > > I'm not saying I disagree with you, though - nor do I really agree, to be honest. But, if you're going to start talking about flairs and badges being disrespectful to one's privacy, it might pay to look at the larger picture. The purpose of Mastery as far as I can see is a record of how much you've played a champion. I like this. Does it need to be advertised, though? I don't see how that is crucial to its point. The honour flair bugs me more because I personally feel that however I played LAST game, it has exactly zero relevance THIS game. And yeah, you've hit the nail on the head with no way to really avoid it. As for the other violations of privacy, Ranked rewards can be removed already by submitting a ticket so nobody can see them. Summoner Level is unfortunate, and I'd like an option to hide it too, but it made less of a difference until recently when it capped at thirty. You choose your own summoner icon and name, so I don't consider them violations. The important thing is what you do and don't have the ability to CHOOSE. But the honour flair and mastery badge are both something that is _actively advertised_, and that's the core of my problem.
: I'm really not understanding. Why is it a bad thing to have people know you are honorable or enjoy a champion?
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fBErZhoV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-12T03:59:22.570+0000) > > I'm really not understanding. Why is it a bad thing to have people know you are honorable or enjoy a champion? I'm asking for the option to not advertise it. I prefer to keep my privacy, keep my head down, and draw no attention to myself. Going into a game with a badge showing "This person plays a ton of Rakan" and a flair showing "And they were nice to people last game" is attention that I flatly _**don't want.**_ And honestly, the lack of respect for my privacy has been making me play less and less League and _I don't want that._ I like playing League.
Rioter Comments
: Deliberate Toxicity
Updating the situation, in case anybody else shares this issue: I submitted a ticket, and Riot proved themselves willing to give me (and then immediately remove) chat restrictions, to lower my Honour rating. This means that I'm temporarily locked out of Hextech, but it's still a better solution than anything else.
scazzman (NA)
: does afk lower honor? if so. whenever you get honored. just force a remake in the next game. you won't hurt anyone, however you will get slapped with LPQ eventually
I don't know. If anybody does, I'd be delighted to know. (Although it doesn't change the fact that I have to go into the to-be-remade game with an honour badge, currently)
Show more

Allein Dovienya

Level 70 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion