Rioter Comments
: Dominion, dunkey, old draft pick theme and old runes. There's more but who has time to list them?
> [{quoted}](name=WyvernEgg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Tg1vvopo,comment-id=004f,timestamp=2019-10-29T02:53:39.713+0000) > > Dominion, dunkey, old draft pick theme and old runes. There's more but who has time to list them? Ditto. I miss the old draft pick where you just called your role. I'm not perfect at all roles, but I do know counter picks and sometimes I like to play ADC if I counter my lane opponent. It made the skill floor for each position a lot higher and I started losing interest after that.
Jamaree (NA)
: People wanna act like there weren't complaints about the long haul games could get into back when 40 minutes was the average, but whatever at this point.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ag9w7m1Q,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-29T03:15:28.505+0000) > > People wanna act like there weren't complaints about the long haul games could get into back when 40 minutes was the average, but whatever at this point. Man, don't you miss season 4 and 5 when you'd win the early game and then you'd just have to stand around for another 20 minutes waiting for no reason to close out the game even though the enemy couldn't do shit to stop you?
: Did Riot get rid of Champion Spotlights?
I think I remember that happening. Phreak said fuck that shit.
rujitra (NA)
: Did you ignore the clear warning when you got your 14 day ban that **any further misbehavior** would be a permanent ban?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eEmEZbeP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-20T23:54:27.079+0000) > > Did you ignore the clear warning when you got your 14 day ban that **any further misbehavior** would be a permanent ban? Yeah, I had this warning on my old accounts after a year of playing and it was never a problem again. Which is not to say this was deserved. I mean, the dude got banned for typing. The only thing bad here is saying he threw the game.
: Hello GD, I think it's time for a fun positivity selfie thread!
Damn dude, > [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aLAE88q4,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-20T18:16:40.298+0000) > > People are being rude and mean lately so I think we should be supportive and kind instead! Show me those faces -- y'al are beautiful (except you, you know who you are). > > This is me 'n' bae @ the West Edmonton Mall a few weeks ago! It was a ton of fun getting to spend time with her since she lives... In an entirely different country. > > https://puu.sh/EuQwC/55f7806ea3.png Dude, what did I say? You've got a smoking hot girlfriend from outside the country, you're Alpha as fuck. I love it when I'm right.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EVEel4J7,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-16T05:19:49.965+0000) > > Yeah, but it was a Mustang. How much are Mustangs where you are from?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EVEel4J7,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-16T05:20:11.592+0000) > > How much are Mustangs where you are from? They're pretty cheap used and known to break easily. Obviously the GTs are a little more. They're also really expensive insurance-wise because they're relatively cheap and accessible you have irresponsible people who don't make a lot of money who get excited and smash them up. Drive through a trailer park some time and count the number of Mustangs you see.
Jamaree (NA)
: Police auctions. Friend personally got a Mustang for 250 bucks, he honestly could have gone cheaper but he assumed other people would haggle it and started in a range that would keep other lowballers out.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EVEel4J7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-16T05:11:03.063+0000) > > Police auctions. > > Friend personally got a Mustang for 250 bucks, he honestly could have gone cheaper but he assumed other people would haggle it and started in a range that would keep other lowballers out. Yeah, but it was a Mustang.
Rioter Comments
Jesi Oni (EUNE)
: Fact that there is timer on it and you have to complete as much easy ones as fast as possible and leave hard ones for later (never) is only proving that this is stupid test for 'cheaters' rather than accurate measure of intelligence. Unless you count 'too hard - give up' as display of intelligence~ Then we should have surrender button since first minute in this game.
> [{quoted}](name=Jesi Oni,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sREK0kEl,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-15T14:07:29.784+0000) > > Fact that there is timer on it and you have to complete as much easy ones as fast as possible and leave hard ones for later (never) is only proving that this is stupid test for 'cheaters' rather than accurate measure of intelligence. > > Unless you count 'too hard - give up' as display of intelligence~ Then we should have surrender button since first minute in this game. Yeah, you tell 'em how how badly done and unreliable their 100 year old test that reliably predicts job success and intelligence capabilities is. I'm sure you know better than they do and the reliable results from decades and decades of studies are untrue.
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sREK0kEl,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-14T21:59:15.110+0000) > > https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4557354/ > > It's pretty universally recognized as a predictor of ability and job performance. Basically every study ever conducted shows this to be true. > > I kind of believe if you don't believe IQ tests are predictors of performance then you probably have a below average IQ. High IQ low performance reporting in. How many do we need to overcome your "probably" weasel word?
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sREK0kEl,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-14T22:29:56.253+0000) > > High IQ low performance reporting in. How many do we need to overcome your "probably" weasel word? That's just the way I feel. No reason to get mad or defensive about it, bro.
: What do you guys think about IQ test
>It is these corrected correlations from meta-analyses that are almost universally cited in favor of IQ as a predictor of job performance (and, by implication, that IQ really does measure something that can be called intelligence or general ability). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4557354/ It's pretty universally recognized as a predictor of ability and job performance. Basically every study ever conducted shows this to be true. I kind of believe if you don't believe IQ tests are predictors of performance then you probably have a below average IQ.
CLG ear (NA)
: what's with the girl though
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-13T11:42:03.106+0000) > > what's with the girl though Posting pictures of pretty young ladies for the thumbnail is kind of my thing, bro.
Rioter Comments
Zee Zone (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T23:51:52.261+0000) > > Well, they've stated it isn't profitable or sustainable, nor do they think it ever will be profitable, so I'm going to take their word for it. > > But sure, lets say it is a profitable. Quantify how bad it is to have to click the Epic launcher rather than Steam or Origin or Uplay. Rank it on a scale from 0-10 on how bad that is, if you'd be so kind. More than happy to help but your point of view on the issue at hand is too narrow imo. Just to give an example (and his might seem like a sudden jump in topic but its part of my major rn and the best example i have on the top of my head): The question at hand is to broad but your asking for a narrow answer, similar to asking the question "Does electric cars produce and CO2?" At first glance the answer is an obvious "No, they produce nothing since hey're electric" however that's only partly true, since we didn't take in to account the production of the cars and batteries themselves + the factories that operates the whole production. Apply the same logic to the topi at hand and all the sudden "Quantify how bad it is to have to click the Epic launcher rather than Steam or Origin or Uplay." Is too narrow of a question compared to the topic. It was ever about the inconvenience of having to launce an extra launcer or making an extra doubbleclick, its abut the introduction of the exclusivity tactic among the same console and market (in our case separation in PC games when there should be none except compatibility performance wise). The inconvenience itself i'd say between a 2-8/10 (depending on the client performance, purchase issues and lacking features compared to other stores, all of which are valued differently depending on the person) For me it would be more of a 3/10 since i don't pay for the games so loosing money isn't an issue for me. HOWEVER introducing the tactic of exclusivity among PC games is highly unfavorable (profitable or not) and risks ruining the industry in one way or another, a 10/10 would be an understatement. If they want to stop most of the hate they should ditch the whole exclusivity altogether asap, just sayin' edit: my ranking form 0-10 isn't like yours. i go with 0 being least annoying/ problematic to 10 being most annoying/ problematic, aka the lower the scale the better.
> [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-14T00:30:20.040+0000) > >Apply the same logic to the topi at hand and all the sudden "Quantify how bad it is to have to click the Epic launcher rather than Steam or Origin or Uplay." Is too narrow of a question compared to the topic. It seems like your entire previous post revolved around just that, so I asked to specify and put a value on it. Obviously it's not the whole story. That's what the list of pros and cons is for. To put a value on each element then add up the sum total at the end. >The inconvenience itself i'd say between a 2-8/10 (depending on the client performance, purchase issues and lacking features compared to other stores, all of which are valued differently depending on the person) Client performance is a different metric. Purchase issues is a different metric. Lacking features is a different metric. Getting free games is a different metric. Devs getting additional funding to make games better is a different metric. You rate each detail and then at the end you add up each to see if the net is positive or negative. Not to sound too condescending, but are you really telling me the idea of a pro and con list is foreign and difficult for you to understand? >edit: my ranking form 0-10 isn't like yours. i go with 0 being least annoying/ problematic to 10 being most annoying/ problematic, aka the lower the scale the better. I know. That's why I asked you to rate from 0 to 10 rather than 0 to -10, I figured it would be easier for you to understand.
Zee Zone (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T15:33:42.948+0000) > > Yeah, you don't have to worry about that. Epic has said they can't continue buying exclusive content because it will be too pricey. All launchers have issues when they're launched, Origin, Uplay, Battlenet, Steam. I've just never seen this level of hatred before. Until they actually stop they'll keep getting hate, and understandably so. If it was just a mediocre client or a few purchase issues i doubt they'd get as much hate as they are rn however the biggest issue its the exclusivity contracts. It's a tactic that has te potential to ruin a whole industry by just bringing the practice up as a "reasonable" means of profit. They introduced the idea and are rolling with it, yes it might be too expensive for Epic Games now but what about later? What prohibits them when they become more profitable or worse yet another company with a bigger budget to use such a practice?
> [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T18:53:03.483+0000) > > Until they actually stop they'll keep getting hate, and understandably so. > If it was just a mediocre client or a few purchase issues i doubt they'd get as much hate as they are rn however the biggest issue its the exclusivity contracts. It's a tactic that has te potential to ruin a whole industry by just bringing the practice up as a "reasonable" means of profit. > > They introduced the idea and are rolling with it, yes it might be too expensive for Epic Games now but what about later? What prohibits them when they become more profitable or worse yet another company with a bigger budget to use such a practice? Well, they've stated it isn't profitable or sustainable, nor do they think it ever will be profitable, so I'm going to take their word for it. But sure, lets say it is a profitable. Quantify how bad it is to have to click the Epic launcher rather than Steam or Origin or Uplay. Rank it on a scale from 0-10 on how bad that is, if you'd be so kind.
Zee Zone (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:31:17.789+0000) > > Hey, no problem. No one's perfect. Feel free to let me know what you don't like and how bad you think it is. What i don't like? The exclusivith approach to their bussoness. How bad i think if can get? Extremely bad. Its just a bad approach to bring exclusivity among the same console (it's not the same as exclusivity among dofferent consoles). One look at the anime streaming industry to the west and you see why this is just bad news all around. The likes of Crunchyroll, instead on working on becoming a better streaming service to wncourage people to use their services that way, the buy shows and make them wxclusive and thus force people to use their services whether it's a bad service or not. This encourages laziness by the companies, why work on becoming better than the bare minimum if people will be forced to come anyways for show X or Y? Well they don't and the result is a customer torn appart amongst too many bad to mediocre services and ofc piracy is just sth that will exist forever since not eveyone is willing to subscribe to +5 different services just to watch one show on each. Apply the same logic to the gaming industry and what Epic Games is doing will be the downfa fo the pc fgaming market. Many people are already complaining about the problems that their client is suffering from problems. If this hecomes common the PC gaming industry will suffer from the same fate as the anime one, a bunch of different companies with different medioce clients buying the exclusive rights to di fferent games. Wait till subscriptions become a thing where instead of buying the game itself you pat a monthly fee for an entery to their entire game library. "Want to play 2 different games but each of them exists on a different client? Well get ready to pay up." is what i don't want to become a reality, one that already is in the anime community. And btw I'm only getting the free games on their store for that sole reason. You can say I'm taking advantage of them since it's pretty obvious that they offer free games to encourage people in the future to pay later on. I know for a fact that i won't spend a dime, might boost their numbers in one way or another but never giving them a profit.
> [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T11:07:46.965+0000) > > What i don't like? > The exclusivith approach to their bussoness. > How bad i think if can get? > Extremely bad. > > Its just a bad approach to bring exclusivity among the same console (it's not the same as exclusivity among dofferent consoles). > One look at the anime streaming industry to the west and you see why this is just bad news all around. > > The likes of Crunchyroll, instead on working on becoming a better streaming service to wncourage people to use their services that way, the buy shows and make them wxclusive and thus force people to use their services whether it's a bad service or not. > > This encourages laziness by the companies, why work on becoming better than the bare minimum if people will be forced to come anyways for show X or Y? Well they don't and the result is a customer torn appart amongst too many bad to mediocre services and ofc piracy is just sth that will exist forever since not eveyone is willing to subscribe to +5 different services just to watch one show on each. > > Apply the same logic to the gaming industry and what Epic Games is doing will be the downfa fo the pc fgaming market. Many people are already complaining about the problems that their client is suffering from problems. If this hecomes common the PC gaming industry will suffer from the same fate as the anime one, a bunch of different companies with different medioce clients buying the exclusive rights to di fferent games. Wait till subscriptions become a thing where instead of buying the game itself you pat a monthly fee for an entery to their entire game library. > > "Want to play 2 different games but each of them exists on a different client? Well get ready to pay up." is what i don't want to become a reality, one that already is in the anime community. > > And btw I'm only getting the free games on their store for that sole reason. You can say I'm taking advantage of them since it's pretty obvious that they offer free games to encourage people in the future to pay later on. I know for a fact that i won't spend a dime, might boost their numbers in one way or another but never giving them a profit. Yeah, you don't have to worry about that. Epic has said they can't continue buying exclusive content because it will be too pricey. All launchers have issues when they're launched, Origin, Uplay, Battlenet, Steam. I've just never seen this level of hatred before.
: Permanently Banned, was this enough to ban me permanently? Is this fair?
I dunno, I say a lot of shit and I've never even gotten a warning. So, it's not like this was the only game this happened to you in.
CLG ear (NA)
: now if only Froskurinn wasn't there
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uZvtHMv9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-13T00:14:33.969+0000) > > now if only Froskurinn wasn't there Her neck tattoo really bothers me. She'd be so much hotter without it. I used to listen to her on Thorin's shows and I wanted to like her. She was energetic and everything, but I just can't follow what she's trying to say easily. You know, I'll play a game of ARAM and listen to his shows as a podcast, so I'm a little distracted, and she was just difficult to follow in that sense.
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uZvtHMv9,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:59:53.142+0000) > > https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2142090.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Michael-Jackson.jpg > > Weird lips, tiny deformed nose, high cheek bones, large space between up lip and nose, smallish oval resting eyes, and unnatural, freakishly pale color. I wonder if LS isn't bleaching his skin here. In Asia women bleach their skin pale and avoid the sun. "unnatural, freakishly pale color" Are...we looking at the same picture of LS? That's literally just a normal skin color.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uZvtHMv9,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T00:17:44.445+0000) > > "unnatural, freakishly pale color" > > Are...we looking at the same picture of LS? That's literally just a normal skin color. http://i.imgur.com/SQsXCU4.jpg https://s3.dexerto.com/thumbnails/_thumbnailLarge/ls-responds-critiicsm-joke-female-league-of-legends-players.jpg He's wearing makeup in the first picture, and even then he's still freakishly pale. The dude is just unnaturally light skinned.
Akaash (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uZvtHMv9,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:59:53.142+0000) > > https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2142090.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Michael-Jackson.jpg > > Weird lips, tiny deformed nose, high cheek bones, large space between up lip and nose, smallish oval resting eyes, and unnatural, freakishly pale color. I wonder if LS isn't bleaching his skin here. In Asia women bleach their skin pale and avoid the sun. Reminder that Michael Jackson had a skin condition that made parts of his skin lose pigment, he only dyed his skin to even it out. Don't be a dick about other people's medical conditions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo
> [{quoted}](name=Akaash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uZvtHMv9,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-13T00:18:34.847+0000) > > Reminder that Michael Jackson had a skin condition that made parts of his skin lose pigment, he only dyed his skin to even it out. Don't be a dick about other people's medical conditions. > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo Yeah he did. The guy isn't a God. He was the greatest singer and dancer of all time and he was hot when he was black, but he was freakishly pale in the end. Just like LS.
: Anyone know any free strategy games?
Red Planet. It's free on Epic right now. Get it while it's hot!
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:24:35.802+0000) > > I can't relate with being angry on these. That's a 0 to me. Are both of those a 12 to you? Really? Installing a launcher and taking 30 seconds to create an account is the same as pay to win mechanics or having to buy loot boxes to unlock Darth Vader in Battlefront? Oh, loot boxes and p2w is just another can of worms. I would need a separate fucking measure for them. And yes, installing a launcher is annoying, because those stupid things are weighing more and more, and i'm unable to get a better internet where i live. Making a new account is also a lost cause, i have so many fucking passwords now that i need to keep them all in a fucking trapper keeper.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:57:37.774+0000) > > Oh, loot boxes and p2w is just another can of worms. I would need a separate fucking measure for them. Well that's exactly my point. There are things that are way-way worse in the gaming industry and being angry about downloading a launcher or creating an account doesn't seem reasonable to me.
: ??
> [{quoted}](name=DartExplosion10,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uZvtHMv9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-12T15:29:52.007+0000) > > ?? https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2142090.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Michael-Jackson.jpg Weird lips, tiny deformed nose, high cheek bones, large space between up lip and nose, smallish oval resting eyes, and unnatural, freakishly pale color. I wonder if LS isn't bleaching his skin here. In Asia women bleach their skin pale and avoid the sun.
: > [{quoted}](name=AtGenuwhine36,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lZdvmJBp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:07:56.071+0000) > > When a mod puts his stream in gd instead of the streamers section as well breaking its own rules. Man league never does change does it ? GD has been a place to put steams since forever, and I was allowed to do it before I became a mod -- so has everyone. This has never been against the rules. > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lZdvmJBp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:09:48.532+0000) > > Not gunna lie, Chickenwrap seems to be the only decent mod around these parts and he's alpha as fuck, albeit a nerd. Imagine using Boards and not classifying yourself as a nerd.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lZdvmJBp,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:41:59.273+0000) > > ? GD has been a place to put steams since forever, and I was allowed to do it before I became a mod -- so has everyone. This has never been against the rules. > > Imagine using Boards and not classifying yourself as a nerd. Bro. I'm just a no-life alpha male. I'm not a nerd.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:05:47.093+0000) > > Yeah, I agree, insofar, I actually hate Nintendo for this. I don't want to buy a 300 dollar piece of shit piece of hardware just to play one developer's games. It's the 300 dollar crappy hardware, that's the barrier I don't like. What's the barrier to entry for Epic exclusivity that makes it a burden to you? And how would you quantify that barrier on a scale from 0 to 10? Prices, which are worse than Steam when exchanged into my country's currency, installation of ANOTHER fucking launcher, and then being forced to make another account just to play a game i enjoy, because stupid devs sold out and made their game exclusive to that one platform. So, i guess 12 on your scale.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:11:00.734+0000) > >installation of ANOTHER fucking launcher, and then being forced to make another account just to play a game i enjoy I can't relate with being angry on these. That's a 0 to me. Are both of those a 12 to you? Really? Installing a launcher and taking 30 seconds to create an account is the same as pay to win mechanics or having to buy loot boxes to unlock Darth Vader in Battlefront? >Prices, which are worse than Steam when exchanged into my country's currency I'll take your word for it. That would suck, I'd definitely take some points off for that. Could you give some examples of such?
: Whelp, back to streaming.
Not gunna lie, Chickenwrap seems to be the only decent mod around these parts and he's alpha as fuck, albeit a nerd.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:44:20.906+0000) > > I never felt that way. None of my friends feel that way. I'd hazard a guess most people don't feel that way or even know it happened. Most people don't go on forums. > > Besides, are you looking at this from Epic's standpoint or your own? I'm looking at it from a general consumer's standpoint. Epic already has a shit ton of bad PR because of exclusives, because of the subpar storefront, because of the leak, it doesn't help people's confidence to go towards it then. If they want to compete, they have to do better then just saying "We have more money then steam."
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:04:16.423+0000) > > I'm looking at it from a general consumer's standpoint. Epic already has a shit ton of bad PR because of exclusives, because of the subpar storefront, because of the leak, it doesn't help people's confidence to go towards it then. If they want to compete, they have to do better then just saying "We have more money then steam." Cool. Lets quantify it now.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:49:41.265+0000) > > If I'm a fanboy or troll for asking to quantify why you dislike something, then maybe you just don't have good reasons to dislike something. I hate exclusivity, so i'm not using something that forces me to comply to it. See? I have a good reason. And it's better than your list of pros and "cons"
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:01:37.227+0000) > > I hate exclusivity, so i'm not using something that forces me to comply to it. See? I have a good reason. Yeah, I agree, insofar, I actually hate Nintendo for this. I don't want to buy a 300 dollar piece of shit piece of hardware just to play one developer's games. It's the 300 dollar crappy hardware, that's the barrier I don't like. What's the barrier to entry for Epic exclusivity that makes it a burden to you? And how would you quantify that barrier on a scale from 0 to 10?
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: Oof, i smell a fanboy.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:34:36.661+0000) > > Oof, i smell a fanboy. If I'm a fanboy or troll for asking to quantify why you dislike something, then maybe you just don't have good reasons to dislike something.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:30:21.679+0000) > > It's obituary? > > I hear what you're saying. I'm just asking you to quantify it. Good and bad isn't binary. It's not either good 1 or bad 0. Some things are worse than others. > > A few people, for a short period of time getting kicked off Epic because they had issues with the cart, then they quickly got their issue resolved isn't a full blown 10 out of 10 on the badness scale. *clutches pearls* you got kicked off the system for a short period of time and they resolved your issue quickly? That would be a 0 to me, that just isn't a big deal. Conversely if every customer was locked out of playing their games and couldn't get a refund for a month, then I'd be like, yeah that's some shit you shouldn't forget, but that didn't happen. > > You see, things have nuance and depending on what happens depends on appropriate reaction. You can't afford problems like that when starting a new product like that because then you have people asking "Why should I bother coming here when I don't have to deal with these problems over there?"
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:40:35.627+0000) > > You can't afford problems like that when starting a new product like that because then you have people asking "Why should I bother coming here when I don't have to deal with these problems over there?" I never felt that way. None of my friends feel that way. I'd hazard a guess most people don't feel that way or even know it happened. Most people don't go on forums. Besides, are you looking at this from Epic's standpoint or your own?
Zee Zone (EUW)
: And i'm here like: I'm against their practices... ######but Epic Games offer good games for free and that's hard to beat for me
> [{quoted}](name=Zee Zone,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:26:15.234+0000) > > And i'm here like: I'm against their practices... > ######but Epic Games offer good games for free and that's hard to beat for me Hey, no problem. No one's perfect. Feel free to let me know what you don't like and how bad you think it is.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:12:22.772+0000) > > -10, you're going to have to explain that one to me. You're talking about Oklahoma City Bomber, 9/11, holocaust/domor level bad? > > Even if we scale it down to the world of gaming, I don't think having some issues with the cart at launch and then customers contacting customer service thus straightening out their issues is equal to, say, pay to win microtransactions or rushing out games before they're complete so they turn out to be shit, or shutting down servers right after a game launches so hundreds of thousands of people are out in the cold forever. > > You're going to have to elaborate on why it deserves that level of awful. Rating like this is so obituary and what even are these comparisons? Ignore the rating period, just list out the pro and cons and all of them. This comes from expectations we should all have from a market just period. You can't release a product trying to beat a competitor and have nothing over them EXCEPT having more money. That isn't anyway to beat someone. I just expect better from Epic, it doesn't matter how big or small the problems are, they are problems that are there, that shouldn't be there if they want to beat Steam.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:20:58.531+0000) > > Rating like this is so obituary and what even are these comparisons? Ignore the rating period, just list out the pro and cons and all of them. This comes from expectations we should all have from a market just period. You can't release a product trying to beat a competitor and have nothing over them EXCEPT having more money. That isn't anyway to beat someone. I just expect better from Epic, it doesn't matter how big or small the problems are, they are problems that are there, that shouldn't be there if they want to beat Steam. It's obituary? I hear what you're saying. I'm just asking you to quantify it. Good and bad isn't binary. It's not either good 1 or bad 0. Some things are worse than others. A few people, for a short period of time getting kicked off Epic because they had issues with the cart, then they quickly got their issue resolved isn't a full blown 10 out of 10 on the badness scale. *clutches pearls* you got kicked off the system for a short period of time and they resolved your issue quickly? That would be a 0 to me, that just isn't a big deal. Conversely if every customer was locked out of playing their games and couldn't get a refund for a month, then I'd be like, yeah that's some shit you shouldn't forget, but that didn't happen. You see, things have nuance and depending on what happens depends on appropriate reaction.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T20:56:54.419+0000) > > You don't know how to rate something on a scale from 0 to 10? Fine, -10 for both because I expect better from someone trying to enter a market.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:05:49.645+0000) > > Fine, -10 for both because I expect better from someone trying to enter a market. -10, you're going to have to explain that one to me. You're talking about Oklahoma City Bomber, 9/11, holocaust/domor level bad? Even if we scale it down to the world of gaming, I don't think having some issues with the cart at launch and then customers contacting customer service thus straightening out their issues is equal to, say, pay to win microtransactions or rushing out games before they're complete so they turn out to be shit, or shutting down servers right after a game launches so hundreds of thousands of people are out in the cold forever. You're going to have to elaborate on why it deserves that level of awful.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T20:49:25.417+0000) > > Sure, cool story, how do you quantify it? Is that a negative 10, you're flamingly upset and it keeps you up at night? Or is it like, meh that kind of sucked for a few people when the store opened and the fixed the problem, so it had no effect on me personally and can never have an effect on me. So more like a 0. I don't even understand your scaling is or how it works and it really just comes off as being purely bias then really having a real ground to stand on. It doesn't matter if it sucked for a few people or everyone, we expect better just period. I haven't bought anything on Epic yet, but I personally don't have anything against Epic like most people do. HOWEVER, when looking at these things, you need to be fair and impartial and you can't just ignore the problems that people do have with the system.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T20:52:30.190+0000) > > I don't even understand your scaling is or how it works and it really just comes off as being purely bias then really having a real ground to stand on. It doesn't matter if it sucked for a few people or everyone, we expect better just period. I haven't bought anything on Epic yet, but I personally don't have anything against Epic like most people do. HOWEVER, when looking at these things, you need to be fair and impartial and you can't just ignore the problems that people do have with the system. There are different levels of bad. If someone steals your pen, it's not as bad if someone kills your mother. Thus your reaction to both should be different. So, lets quantify if Epic Games Store is really that awful. Is it a -10, Stalin or Hitler level bad? Or does it have more upside than downside? I'm open to changing scores in the OP, interpretation, and adding more negatives if you can make a convincing argument.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T20:49:25.417+0000) > > Sure, cool story, how do you quantify it? Is that a negative 10, you're flamingly upset and it keeps you up at night? Or is it like, meh that kind of sucked for a few people when the store opened and the fixed the problem, so it had no effect on me personally and can never have an effect on me. So more like a 0. I don't even understand your scaling is or how it works and it really just comes off as being purely bias then really having a real ground to stand on. It doesn't matter if it sucked for a few people or everyone, we expect better just period. I haven't bought anything on Epic yet, but I personally don't have anything against Epic like most people do. HOWEVER, when looking at these things, you need to be fair and impartial and you can't just ignore the problems that people do have with the system.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T20:52:30.190+0000) > > I don't even understand your scaling is or how it works and it really just comes off as being purely bias then really having a real ground to stand on. It doesn't matter if it sucked for a few people or everyone, we expect better just period. I haven't bought anything on Epic yet, but I personally don't have anything against Epic like most people do. HOWEVER, when looking at these things, you need to be fair and impartial and you can't just ignore the problems that people do have with the system. You don't know how to rate something on a scale from 0 to 10?
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T20:38:05.915+0000) > > Sure, how do you quantify that though? For instance, no shopping cart isn't on the same level as lack of cloud saves. Also buying games quickly is a long solved issue. Are you still super upset about it? Yes, because I expect better from a storefront at this point. If a new supermarket chain wanted to compete with Wal-mart, they can't have a sloppy start and just expect people to forget their early transgressions, that isn't how you run a successful new business venture. I want Epic to succeed, competition is a good thing for consumers, but they need to do it properly and we can't overlook their failings or we will just end up with another Steam.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T20:46:13.433+0000) > > Yes, because I expect better from a storefront at this point. If a new supermarket chain wanted to compete with Wal-mart, they can't have a sloppy start and just expect people to forget their early transgressions, that isn't how you run a successful new business venture. > > I want Epic to succeed, competition is a good thing for consumers, but they need to do it properly and we can't overlook their failings or we will just end up with another Steam. Sure, cool story, how do you quantify it? Is that a negative 10, you're flamingly upset and it keeps you up at night? Or is it like, meh that kind of sucked for a few people when the store opened and the fixed the problem, so it had no effect on me personally and can never have an effect on me. So more like a 0.
Jamaree (NA)
: I can feel the bias. Some cons, subpar storefront for the day and age, no wishlist, can only buy one game at a time and if you buy too quickly, it can register it as someone trying to take your info and null all your transactions. The fact that Epic is trying to bully out Steam rather then create a better service so people WANT to go to Epic. Case in point with those indie devs, if you say no to their exclusivity deal, they won't let you on their storefront. They don't want competition, they want a strangehold.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZMm9EQqx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-12T20:29:30.332+0000) > > I can feel the bias. > > Some cons, subpar storefront for the day and age, no wishlist, can only buy one game at a time and if you buy too quickly, it can register it as someone trying to take your info and null all your transactions. > > The fact that Epic is trying to bully out Steam rather then create a better service so people WANT to go to Epic. Case in point with those indie devs, if you say no to their exclusivity deal, they won't let you on their storefront. They don't want competition, they want a strangehold. Sure, how do you quantify that though? For instance, no shopping cart isn't on the same level as lack of cloud saves. Also buying games quickly is a long solved issue. Are you still super upset about an issues that's been fixed?
Rioter Comments
: People are nuanced and you should learn to forgive people and Riot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7CWEE3ZAWs Chris Brown where he dances like Michael Jackson.
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fiNpgkVJ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-12T07:15:58.866+0000) > > I'm aware. I think they should pay something to moderate the boards. Then you don't get some no life insecure depressed incel becoming a mod and abusing their power. You get a normal presentable human being with appropriate social skills doing the job. Like The Curator who was the bomb.com. At least with The Curator you knew what the fuckin' rules were and why they had those rules. Let's not conflate "no life insecure depressed incel" with incompetence, please.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fiNpgkVJ,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T07:22:10.435+0000) > > Let's not conflate "no life insecure depressed incel" with incompetence, please. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.
CLG ear (NA)
: sneaky K/DA akali
Sneaky is hot af no homo of course.
Rioter Comments
: I understand the point you're trying to make, but I'd like to point out a flaw in your reasoning. using math that was discovered by a scientist is not the same as listening to music that is sold by an artist. A scientist cannot sell his or her math function in the same way as an artist can sell his or her art. The concept of royalties that have to be paid out every time a song is played isn't the same. So with Chris Brown the reason why people say that by listening to his music you're supporting him is because he is financially sustained by the royalties that he receives from every time his song is played on the radio and every CD or MP3/4 that is purchased. So the point is that if you disagree with someone then why are you helping them survive and live a better life by paying their bills and allowing them to be successful when by doing the opposite society can reduce their influence in the world and promote a "healthier" alternative. It's basically a way to systematically wipe beliefs and behaviors out of society by refusal to promote it through creating abnormal obstacles that otherwise wouldn't exist. ---------- So to compare to Einstein you'd have to bring up something that Einstein patented. Like a model for a refrigerator or something that is "einstein's" patented brand. ---- regardless - morals are not transitive to goods and services simply because a person creates them nor are they transferable simply because a person partakes in those goods or services.
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iq9oAANh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-12T07:39:30.615+0000) > > I understand the point you're trying to make, but I'd like to point out a flaw in your reasoning. > > using math that was discovered by a scientist is not the same as listening to music that is sold by an artist. > > A scientist cannot sell his or her math function in the same way as an artist can sell his or her art. > > The concept of royalties that have to be paid out every time a song is played isn't the same. > > So with Chris Brown the reason why people say that by listening to his music you're supporting him is because he is financially sustained by the royalties that he receives from every time his song is played on the radio and every CD or MP3/4 that is purchased. > > So the point is that if you disagree with someone then why are you helping them survive and live a better life by paying their bills and allowing them to be successful when by doing the opposite society can reduce their influence in the world and promote a "healthier" alternative. > No, when you promote Chris Breezy's product, the music, you're supporting his endeavor to make good music. When you buy one of his products, you're not supporting his actions that he himself apologized for and admits were wrong. If you take this to the logical extreme, everyone's done something wrong, and you shouldn't purchase any products or services from anyone lest you support someone's who's not perfect. > It's basically a way to systematically wipe beliefs and behaviors out of society by refusal to promote it through creating abnormal obstacles that otherwise wouldn't exist. That's not how this kind of thing works. If Breezy and Rihanna were advocating and proud of punching Brown while he was driving thus Brown punching Rihanna in the face, then I'm on your side. When both admit they're wrong and made a mistake, then you're not wiping out a belief or a behavior, because no one is advocating that kind of behavior. > regardless - morals are not transitive to goods and services simply because a person creates them nor are they transferable simply because a person partakes in those goods or services. I agree, good devil's advocate, except the Einstein nitpick.
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fiNpgkVJ,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-12T07:08:29.705+0000) > > You know what it probably is. They probably disagree with China's political censorship and because Jennifer420 made a joke about China not censoring, which is something the disagree with, they deleted it. Which is pretty fucking ironic. They do the same shit China does. Your post here demonstrates exactly what I think they're afraid of: giving the impression that they're taking sides.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fiNpgkVJ,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T07:19:42.967+0000) > > Your post here demonstrates exactly what I think they're afraid of: giving the impression that they're taking sides. Why do we even have to guess why they do the things they do? This shit never happened when The Curator was around. You remember the old forum? It was the wild, wild west. It was amazing. There was such a ridiculously high level of traffic and there wasn't crazy levels of moderation. One of my comments was deleted and I was banned for a day because I called Rengar's kit gay. Whatever, fine. No one gave a shit back then about moderation, because they were just looking for heavy things like porn or off topic subjects. That's your job, mods. Make sure there's no child porn or egregious shit. Not to squint your eyes and say, "Hey, if I'm disingenuous, could I possibly make this comment I don't like fit against the rules?" or "OMG, I get to exert some sort of power now! I feel so much better about my life now!"
: The moderators are unpaid volunteers that frequent the boards and are essentially given their position through popularity. It has nothing to do with their morals. It's the equivalent of a secret society of elitists. If you want to become one all you have to do is volunteer and not have a history of abusive behaviors (that can be tracked back to your account). https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/FJr1kR84-board-update-volunteer-team-community-roles
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fiNpgkVJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-12T07:09:23.448+0000) > > The moderators are unpaid volunteers that frequent the boards and are essentially given their position through popularity. It has nothing to do with their morals. It's the equivalent of a secret society of elitists. If you want to become one all you have to do is volunteer and not have a history of abusive behaviors (that can be tracked back to your account). > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/FJr1kR84-board-update-volunteer-team-community-roles I'm aware. I think they should pay something to moderate the boards. Then you don't get some no life insecure depressed incel becoming a mod and abusing their power. You get a normal presentable human being with appropriate social skills doing the job. Like The Curator who was the bomb.com. At least with The Curator you knew what the fuckin' rules were and why they had those rules.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fiNpgkVJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-12T06:36:36.942+0000) > > moderation here seems to become more and more random. i made a joke about china not censoring anymore and it got deleted for "political discussion", but theres literally a thread since 3-4 days now where someone photoshopped the riot fist on a chinese flag. > thread still exists cause you know, chinese flag + riot isnt political. > > all i ask for is the mods not trying to become lolreddit mods. I don't know why that thread (and other threads about that topic) are still up. They're just political. There's nothing LoL-related about them. Some of them were deleted, but I think that was because they were low-effort, not because they clearly violated the rules about political threads. Really perplexing. My best guess is that the mods are afraid of what will happen if they're perceived as silencing one side of the topic, even though they'd only be silencing it because it's political, not because they support one side or the other.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fiNpgkVJ,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-10-12T07:00:36.941+0000) > > I don't know why that thread (and other threads about that topic) are still up. They're just political. There's nothing LoL-related about them. Some of them were deleted, but I think that was because they were low-effort, not because they clearly violated the rules about political threads. Really perplexing. My best guess is that the mods are afraid of what will happen if they're perceived as silencing one side of the topic, even though they'd only be silencing it because it's political, not because they support one side or the other. You know what it probably is. They probably disagree with China's political censorship and because Jennifer420 made a joke about China not censoring, which is something the disagree with, they deleted it. Which is pretty fucking ironic. They do the same shit China does.
Rioter Comments
: moderation here seems to become more and more random. i made a joke about china not censoring anymore and it got deleted for "political discussion", but theres literally a thread since 3-4 days now where someone photoshopped the riot fist on a chinese flag. thread still exists cause you know, chinese flag + riot isnt political. all i ask for is the mods not trying to become lolreddit mods.
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fiNpgkVJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-12T06:36:36.942+0000) > > moderation here seems to become more and more random. i made a joke about china not censoring anymore and it got deleted for "political discussion", but theres literally a thread since 3-4 days now where someone photoshopped the riot fist on a chinese flag. > thread still exists cause you know, chinese flag + riot isnt political. > > all i ask for is the mods not trying to become lolreddit mods. I'd bet the thread had tons of upvotes and your comment had none. They do feel like reddit mods.
Rioter Comments
Show more

AllenPCarlson

Level 139 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion