: > [{quoted}](name=Celestial Lion12,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WsAje986,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-26T15:38:45.099+0000) > > first of all stop playing zed and morgana jungle. those champions belong in a lane. > Also, you seem to have decent kda and cs but still cant win, which suggests a problem with macro play, you fight to take objectives, if winning a fight nets no objective then dont fight at all. > stop first timing champions in ranked, get good at them in normals first. > taking turrets is always huge, opens up the map. My friend game hopped to league WAY before I did and is a pro coach and analyst today, he said I should learn in ranked win or lose and I am hesitant to go against his advice on that one because he has a very successful LoL career
> [{quoted}](name=Brony Gaymer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WsAje986,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-02-26T16:05:32.567+0000) > > My friend game hopped to league WAY before I did and is a pro coach and analyst today, he said I should learn in ranked win or lose and I am hesitant to go against his advice on that one because he has a very successful LoL career By learning only in ranked you're tanking your MMR to the point that it makes ranked more difficult in terms of climbing. You should still practices new champs in normals because climbing in ranked is about maximizing wins while minimizing losses.
: This makes me wonder if you see this emotional attack as a concious decision on the part of the void/void entities, or maybe as a sort of evolved response, the void just doing what works without any recognizavke intelligence? I want to clarify because my view of the sunborn falling; a natural response of a psyche, even one as strong as an Ascended's to something like the void, could be phrased as "the void attacking their positive emotions", For me it comes down to deciding if what happened to the sunborn was a reaction to the void, or a result of proactive steps taken by the void, conciously or not. Sorry to ramble, I just really like understanding how different people interpret these things.
> [{quoted}](name=Grinning Idiot,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5xcsNgao,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-10-15T18:52:49.050+0000) > > This makes me wonder if you see this emotional attack as a concious decision on the part of the void/void entities, or maybe as a sort of evolved response, the void just doing what works without any recognizavke intelligence? > > I want to clarify because my view of the sunborn falling; a natural response of a psyche, even one as strong as an Ascended's to something like the void, could be phrased as "the void attacking their positive emotions", > > For me it comes down to deciding if what happened to the sunborn was a reaction to the void, or a result of proactive steps taken by the void, conciously or not. > > Sorry to ramble, I just really like understanding how different people interpret these things. Np, I'm busy atm so just as rambley. I meant the stripping away of positive emotion in a more wartime sense. That during battle would be focused more on a need for survival, feelings of desperation, rage, and desires for revenge would be common. Basically the Ascendant would be so full of a range of emotions in various intensities that if the Voids corruption were to assault all of them equally then the weaker feeling would get picked apart first. It wouldn't be a coordinated or planned attack by the Void just a standard response to attack all aspects of a being and peel off what you can
5050BS (NA)
: Step one to fix Yasuo toxic play style
His theme is moving like the wind then hitting like a tornado. That's just a straight up nerf, and a major one especially since the CD would start after the last E cast on a 22 second cooldown.
: How were the Darkin corrupted?
I think it's more a literal loss of self, as seen in the fall of Ithaca story. How the warrior lost bits and pieces of his name until as the void broke him down into nothing. Ascendant are more powerful than an average human so it stands to reason that it would be much harder to strip away their identity so the void did something more interesting, it pulled at their positive emotions, because I'm sure the Ascendant weren't abundantly joyous while fighting the abominations of the void. Any Ascendant that couldn't overcome the terror that they experienced moved on to become more and more aggressive until the infighting and use of body warping blood magic became commonplace and the humans dubbed the warring gods, Darkin.
Ahris (NA)
: Just demolished a Ahri regular as someone who never really played Fizz
I have never praised someone for playing Fizz and never will.
: Since we can lose games in bronze 5 0 lp and win games as rank 1 challenger......
: why is riven there?
> [{quoted}](name=elo trash,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=hvn8TtRb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-10T16:13:18.311+0000) > > why is riven there? I get it. +1
: Problem is now players that got banned on start of season wont get rewards cus they didnt play enough to grind honor lvl, before it was if you got banned in last 3 months and it was corect way to do it since it made players to be better to team mates on end of season
> [{quoted}](name=Way0fTheWanderer,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zK2aZPtY,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-10-10T10:53:41.862+0000) > > Problem is now players that got banned on start of season wont get rewards cus they didnt play enough to grind honor lvl, before it was if you got banned in last 3 months and it was corect way to do it since it made players to be better to team mates on end of season Then they should either play more games to get back to honor lvl 2 or wait until next season and avoid a ban. It's not that hard.
JetRam (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=v5LzyqYR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-10T10:35:43.436+0000) > > So they're banning people for insulting/harassing others through use of the chat. I'm not seeing an issue yet Putting an emote in the chat isn't harassment or insulting. It's an emote.
> [{quoted}](name=JetRam,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=v5LzyqYR,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-10T10:37:16.008+0000) > > Putting an emote in the chat isn't harassment or insulting. It's an emote. But people were posting it with the intention of insulting them. It's like someone going on a 10 minute, passive aggressive ramble about how good their immune system is while in front of their obnoxiously sick friend. It might not be directed at them but it's still being an asshole and would easily get you kicked out
: What is this BS with end season rewards???????????
That's how it's always been, getting banned has always lost you season rewards it's just that now Riot tied them to the honor system so people can recover and get their rewards back
JetRam (OCE)
: Riot Games Twitch is currently BANNING users using memes and meme emotes
So they're banning people for insulting/harassing others through use of the chat. I'm not seeing an issue yet
ZenWoR (EUNE)
: Everything about AUTOFILL
Auto fill is necessary because people just don't want to be flexible. If someone keeps getting autofilled into support then they should learn to support or at least hav a basic grasp on that and every role so they won't be a detriment to their team. It's why I'm a top/jungle main but hav three support champs I can play well enough in case I get autofilled.
: The [Emu War](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War). No contest.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xbQPP47e,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-06T14:37:56.657+0000) > > The [Emu War](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War). No contest. Beat me to it
SS1986 (NA)
: The word report should be a ban word
Then I wouldn't be able to play News Anchor Vi "This is Vi, reporting in from the River. We've got a nasty dunkening coming to the Rift. Find out where it'll land at [timestamp]"
: > [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QwYJgdY6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-06T13:50:45.924+0000) > > There's a mentality difference when it comes to gaming in the USA and Korea. There is not just ONE difference between the US and Korea which is toxicity. The OPs statement could still stand. I would argue that NA is the region where they need to change and improve their mentality,but that's a different story for a different kind of thread. And you realize the op didn't even specify the region on which flame "will not bring victory". In this context he was talking about every region basically. > Korea might be better if they were less toxic. You don't know that. > However, in a culture that is far more accepting of esports than the US, plus having ping that is representative of the LCS ping (5 ping vs 30 I hear is big) are all factors that they get to live with. True,but my point still stands.
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QwYJgdY6,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-06T14:11:11.916+0000) > > I would argue that NA is the region where they need to change and improve their mentality,but that's a different story for a different kind of thread. > NA does need to change it's mentality but on esports in general. In South Korea pro gamers are akin to celebrities compared to here where gamers are still stigmatized and every time there's a shooting someone brings up gaming. People aren't 100% willing to go pro here because compared to football, a player won't get rich while gaming. We lose out on a lot of talented potential players because of that. > And you realize the op didn't even specify the region on which flame "will not bring victory". In this context he was talking about every region basically. > You cannot say that the OP didn't bring up specific regions as a response when someone brought up that you mentioned region based toxicity. That's shifting the goalpost > You don't know that. > You don't know the opposite > True,but my point still stands. > Only superficially. There will always be more than on factor to this issue due to cultural diffrences. Pros in Korean servers are still celebrities and high elo players are treated like tv actors not sweaty nerds. That's a lot of pressure on some of those people, topped off by the non gaming culture that surrounds their upbringing. In a complete vacuum, OPs statement is 100% correct. Flaming someone will not suddenly make them play better, at best it'll hav them ignore the person flaming them an at worst they afk making it a lose/lose situation in the long run.
: The skill in ARAM is getting used to all champs and doing good in team fights with them. Hey I'm just saying, it'd be fun.
> [{quoted}](name=Edward Owlhunter,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=X8QFj3tF,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T05:31:46.179+0000) > > The skill in ARAM is getting used to all champs and doing good in team fights with them. Hey I'm just saying, it'd be fun. Until you run into a team of {{champion:76}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:267}} and get poked down all game
woobly (EUNE)
: Yeah, I saw Necrit's video too.. But this is an area of the game that is unexplored and can be experimented with. Riot is obviously out of ideas to create an abomination called "Assasin Support" so why not try it? And why can't we have better vision with some champions than with others? Redcon lore isn't really a valid statement...
> [{quoted}](name=woobly,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LyRJl0m6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T12:49:36.433+0000) > > Yeah, I saw Necrit's video too.. > > But this is an area of the game that is unexplored and can be experimented with. Riot is obviously out of ideas to create an abomination called "Assasin Support" so why not try it? > And why can't we have better vision with some champions than with others? Redcon lore isn't really a valid statement... Because the champ would hav to be complete garbage stat wise in order to be viable because of how much better it is than every champion in game. Vision is a universal constant, only modified by wards. A champ with better vision gains more information on enemy movement, where they placed deep wards, advance warning on ganks, knowledge of a jungler trying yo sneak dragon/herald, etc. That alone would break the champion in organized play unless the rest of their kit was trash to compensate. Take the "abomination," as you call him, Pyke for example. He deals a ton of damage and shares gold but his trade off is being really squishy because he can't gain hp which hurts him as a melee champ. Leona has stuns for days but her trade off is needing someone to follow up on her engage due to her passive and all in nature. A "more vision" champ would need a trade off like extremely low movement speed or short AA range to compensate for giving their entire team a vision buff (typing/pings exist so yes it would be a team wide vision buff)
: So appearently saying the game is less enjoyable when Assassins are Strong is a Violation of Terms?
1. Mods here aren't Riot employees, just volunteers. They hav no real connection to Riot 2. Did you only say that and word it in that exact fashion? I've seen these complaints before and they usually start off well but quickly devolve into useless argument and name calling. 3. Ranged Tops aren't fun to play against and if someone presents that argument and everyone has a civil discussion about it then the thread stays up
: > [{quoted}](name=Darth Karto,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEMoteZj,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-10-03T16:33:37.331+0000) > > Harem is the best fkingv genre I do enjoy harem manga. Mostly because harem basically enforces romance + comedy. But Apparently the author didn't want to do another harem manga but since Love Hina was such a hit that's what the producers or whatever wanted so he just slowly started adding in a bunch of action until it changed.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEMoteZj,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-10-03T17:57:06.227+0000) > > I do enjoy harem manga. Mostly because harem basically enforces romance + comedy. But Apparently the author didn't want to do another harem manga but since Love Hina was such a hit that's what the producers or whatever wanted so he just slowly started adding in a bunch of action until it changed. Sounds like Rosario+Vampire.
: People who get banned usually view league as a hobby\ and accounts can last up to 1-2 months so 15-30$ a month for a hobby isn't even that bad if we're talking realistically. I'm not here defending "toxic players" I'm just showing some points. People spend more then 100$ on other hobby's a month
> [{quoted}](name=VALUABLE PLAYER,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Xb3EX6eT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-03T13:26:48.735+0000) > > People who get banned usually view league as a hobby\ and accounts can last up to 1-2 months so 15-30$ a month for a hobby isn't even that bad if we're talking realistically. > > I'm not here defending "toxic players" I'm just showing some points. > > People spend more then 100$ on other hobby's a month Except that's it's still a waste of money to keep staring over. I draw and spend roughly 60 bucks a month for art supplies. Losing a sketch book sucks because I lose time spent on my drawings and money spent on those supplies. Therefore I stop losing sketchbooks by being more careful with them as to not waste my investment. Getting banned from league runs the same logic, waste of time and money that could be better spend playing the game on one account with all previously unlocked content or spend playing a game that the person enjoys.
: Banning accounts the right move?
Yes because eventually that toxic player realizes that they're wasting time and money by buying/leveling accounts.
geeklove (NA)
: Venom is the only good superhero movie coming out this year
> [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oAxmt2QX,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-02T11:48:13.653+0000) > > Venom is the only good superhero movie coming out this year I highly doubt that. It's just Sony trying to cash in on the Marvel hype, still, while also making a franchise. They've movies planned for a bunch of Spidey's villians most of which hav no chance of success because they lack context without Spider-Man around. Kraven is just a poacher and idk how Sony plans to make a movie with him as the person we'll be rooting for. Basically this is a cash grab at best and at worst it's Sony trying to get Disney to buy their movie division by showing that they hav worth thanks to all of their ideas.
lazurazz (NA)
: My First and Last Post
None of those poll numbers hav enough zeros for me to pick one of the options :/
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XwELkugA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-02T00:13:55.273+0000) > > Riot does not overturn bans that are not improperly placed, so I'm afraid I don't have good news for you. > > Additionally, unless your behavior was EXTREMELY toxic you are not banned for four games, but rather for a pattern of behavior that persisted despite several warnings. seriously i know a guy who like... went into a game and started being all hitlery and he only got a 2 week how fucking toxic do you have to be to get perma'd first shot? the answer is likely threats
> [{quoted}](name=T3H UB3RN07,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XwELkugA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-10-02T00:23:34.417+0000) > > seriously i know a guy who like... went into a game and started being all hitlery and he only got a 2 week > > how fucking toxic do you have to be to get perma'd first shot? > > the answer is likely threats Most of the time all it takes is not learning a lesson. OP was probably toxic for a long time and got the final ban hammer then realized "Oh shit, that money I spent on this game is officially wasted."
: Calling the boards constructive is like calling me diamond, it's straight up untrue. The boards are completely flooded with angry and hateful posts
> [{quoted}](name=Happy Love Pile,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=Qg8roeXl,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2018-10-01T22:50:11.791+0000) > > Calling the boards constructive is like calling me diamond, it's straight up untrue. The boards are completely flooded with angry and hateful posts It was "better" eariler in league's lifespan. In that Reds came around more often but that got spoiled by some players not liking an aspect of the game and complaining that Riot employees spent too much time on the forums instead of fixing the game. Then when they tried to do that, only giving info on big updates, people complained that Riot didn't talk to us. It was a vicious cycle that lead me to believe that as of now, Riot employees only comment on posts about the game when they hav a definite answer to the topic, or just want to dick around with peeps in lore threads.
: as an ADC main i kinda have an insight into this.. ADC players are always shit on as the "cry baby" position.. and told we're "being babysat" but at the same time always expected to have these amazing numbers.. if you're an ADC and your KDA isn't positive (assist don't count for some reason) people will talk so much shit.. even if i'm 0/3/17 all they'll see is the 0/3.. and be like "You're such a bad ADC" blah blah blah.. and so that mindset gets burned into us, that we have to have this amazing KDA or else we aren't contributing (even if we're helping in other ways) ADC is a thankless role.. you're expected to carry (literally in the name Attack Damage Carry), but at the same time noone wants to help you get fed enough to make it happen.. people are really toxic to ADC mains for this reason, then get upset when we get toxic back because of how toxic they are to us.. and WE get labeled the toxic role.. so even if you're a good player and YOU realize that the ADC doesn't have to have the kills, they're probably worried about how other people are gonna look at them.. they wanna save face and have this amazing KDA.. the boards are so guilty of this.. anytime you make a good argument, someone will go and look at your match history and KDA and judge your entire point on that, even if your match history doesn't reflect your skill at all.. unfortunately KDA doesn't reflect skill because of situations like this one.. anyway.. i'm sorry that happened to you..
> [{quoted}](name=JoeAnarchy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=LwmUcQRl,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-30T06:24:49.380+0000) > > as an ADC main i kinda have an insight into this.. > ADC players are always shit on as the "cry baby" position.. and told we're "being babysat" but at the same time always expected to have these amazing numbers.. if you're an ADC and your KDA isn't positive (assist don't count for some reason) people will talk so much shit.. > even if i'm 0/3/17 all they'll see is the 0/3.. and be like "You're such a bad ADC" blah blah blah.. > and so that mindset gets burned into us, that we have to have this amazing KDA or else we aren't contributing (even if we're helping in other ways) > > ADC is a thankless role.. you're expected to carry (literally in the name Attack Damage Carry), but at the same time noone wants to help you get fed enough to make it happen.. people are really toxic to ADC mains for this reason, then get upset when we get toxic back because of how toxic they are to us.. and WE get labeled the toxic role.. > > so even if you're a good player and YOU realize that the ADC doesn't have to have the kills, they're probably worried about how other people are gonna look at them.. they wanna save face and have this amazing KDA.. > > the boards are so guilty of this.. anytime you make a good argument, someone will go and look at your match history and KDA and judge your entire point on that, even if your match history doesn't reflect your skill at all.. > > unfortunately KDA doesn't reflect skill because of situations like this one.. > > anyway.. i'm sorry that happened to you.. I agreed with this at first, and still sorta do, until I thought about how ADC is the most babysat role in game. If an ADC gets an early game triple then most players will see that as a great play but completely ignore the support setting up that play. They get priority in ganks because of dragon causing most junglers will gravitate towards bot side/top laners teleporting down to help them. ADC is far from a thankless role, people just got tired of having that role be so important to a match yet hav players think they aren't important enough
NemeBro (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Udm70dsW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-30T03:01:39.064+0000) > > Camille is a top laner and unless I missed a few patches, she's been picked primarily as a top laner since release. https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/diamond/plus/champion/Camille/ She is picked primarily as a jungler these days. And the issue people have with Camille jungling is that her ganks are out of this world low counterplay, especially if she has ult.
> [{quoted}](name=NemeBro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Udm70dsW,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-30T03:05:35.152+0000) > > https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/diamond/plus/champion/Camille/ > > She is picked primarily as a jungler these days. > > And the issue people have with Camille jungling is that her ganks are out of this world low counterplay, especially if she has ult. Guess I missed a few patches then. Point still stands though, that some champs are strong under certain conditions and some are just obnoxious, old top Quinn being an example of the former and tank fizz being an example of the latter(though against melee back in the day top quinn was hyper AIDs)
: > [{quoted}](name=Slythion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V2YgoVsb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-30T02:15:34.952+0000) > > a counterargument to that would be > > "If I manage to get close to an enemy and put myself in danger for this 0 range ability, I feel like it should do more damage than a randomly nidalee spear who has the safety of insane range and can be spammed at 0 risk" > > You tell me if either argument would be healthy to follow as an absolute rule you do realize that nid has to pounce in as a squishy target to use takedown which does WAY more damage than her spear. dont try to talk to me about "putting your self in danger" the whole reason nid was reworked was so she was FORCED to "put herself in danger" the fact of the matter is i still need to land a max range spear for even my takedown to deal decent damage
> [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V2YgoVsb,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-09-30T03:01:13.728+0000) > > you do realize that nid has to pounce in as a squishy target to use takedown which does WAY more damage than her spear. > > dont try to talk to me about "putting your self in danger" > the whole reason nid was reworked was so she was FORCED to "put herself in danger" > > the fact of the matter is i still need to land a max range spear for even my takedown to deal decent damage Before Nid was throwing nuke tipped spears and one shotting people so Riot reworked her a bit and shifted her powet into cougar form to balance her Spears loss of damage. They did most , see 99%, of her damage to the point that she was just chucking em from the fog of war and casually killing enemies that were at 60% or less hp. On that note, why can Ezreal/Varus/Ashe just throw skill shots out at me while I'm forced to walk towards them to use my abilities? I may hav a dash but all three of those champs hav slows, stuns or blinks that make landing skillshots easier. Why does Riot punish my melee champ by needing to be in melee range to function
: Why can Camile still jungle again?
Camille was advertised as a top laner on release my dude. Urgot got play top for the same reason Quinn did/does so Riot tooled him to function better top but he can still easily ADC, he's just better against non ranged opponents. Tank Fizz and similarly Tank Yasuo got nerfed because they could build only defense and still duel very very very well. That build path got nerfed because it was unfun to deal with a mobile brick house with sharp forks glued to it. Pyke has long CDs to stop him from being a solo laner. His kit really good and with his ult and perma hp recovery he'd be a good top laner and beyond beastly jg. He was made as a support and is being kept there. Taliyah got nerfed for being a really good pick. That's meta shifts. Riven used to be the best Mid laner in game and now she's barely relevant outside her mains. Nothing new here. Camille is a top laner and unless I missed a few patches, she's been picked primarily as a top laner since release. I don't really see an issue with her getting into another role unless the argument is "Why do some champs get forced out of builds/roles?" In which case the answer is that some champs are OP under certain conditions and need rebalancing. Tl:dr Meta Shift, sleeper OP, power creep prevention.
David 777 (EUW)
: Looks @ Precision tree > **Legend: Tenacity** > Gain 5% − 30% (based on Legend stacks) tenacity. ¿¿ why is this here ?? And so much more like this one. Upvoted.
> [{quoted}](name=David 777,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=QhFE1BkE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-29T21:50:33.141+0000) > > Looks @ Precision tree > > ¿¿ why is this here ?? > > And so much more like this one. Upvoted. I always assumed it was for a game hunter type feel but it would fit better in Resolve, a tree about resistances
Rioter Comments
: Wow, it's great to see actual evidence that people can troll and int all they want as long as they don't use the chat. Good thread.
> [{quoted}](name=Knickolas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=177UU6Va,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-29T20:57:01.865+0000) > > Wow, it's great to see actual evidence that people can troll and int all they want as long as they don't use the chat. > > Good thread. It's more like proof that you can't get banned for just playing off meta, that some people's off meta builds are just them being inflexible asshats. OP is a chill persom with a weird playstyle, nothing wrong with that.
: Which is more likely to provoke complaints: Playing above average, playing average, or playing below average? Are you arguing it is unnatural for people to complain about things they disagree with? Poor play is a vast concept. For instance, better champion balance can result in less poor play and toxic people. Simply banning people is not going to solve problems. Especially when they can just get a new account in less than a minute.
> [{quoted}](name=mlm olo mlm,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2iT0QZj8,comment-id=00060000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-29T02:57:24.323+0000) > > Which is more likely to provoke complaints: > > Playing above average, playing average, or playing below average? > > Are you arguing it is unnatural for people to complain about things they disagree with? > > Poor play is a vast concept. For instance, better champion balance can result in less poor play and toxic people. Simply banning people is not going to solve problems. Especially when they can just get a new account in less than a minute. Except complaining in and of itself isn't necessarily toxic. I've complained about players messing up, I've had friends complain about players messing up and only one of us actually got a punishment for it because they crossed the line between voicing their frustration and being a toxic dick hole about a situation. So yes, poor play will get complaints but so will average and possibly abover average play if the person complaining lacks the self control to calm down and not keyboard warrior. On that note, my argument is that poor play is going to happen because there has to be a losing side in every match of LoL. That's a 100% constant. That fact doesn't mean someone should throw a tantrum every time a teamate dies to a gank or a jungler misses smite, their lack of self control has nothing to do with a person making a mistake. So yes it is unnatural for someone to complain about something as trivial as playing a game badly to a degree that they need to be removed from it. It shows that the person lacks self control
: @Riot, Championship Riven
Wait, I thought only the 2012 one got the golden crown?
: Because there isn't a difference between killing two birds and killing two entire species of birds?
> [{quoted}](name=mlm olo mlm,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2iT0QZj8,comment-id=000600000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-29T02:04:26.560+0000) > > Because there isn't a difference between killing two birds and killing two entire species of birds? What are you even going on about? I'm just watching you constantly red herring your way through a conversation without at all backing up your point. On topic, poor play doesnt cause toxicity, at all. Inting might if a person is blatantly trying to get a rise out of someone but a player trying their best but still failing causes nothing. How a player chooses to react to that is entirely on them. Also, assuming your point is correct, how does Riot cut down on poor play? What's the definition? Bronze is full of bads so should we just ban that entier division so less people will be toxic?
: Two Week Ban For First Offense
The rules are very clear and easy to understand. General toxicity gets a tier one ban which stacks up to a tier 4 perma but certain zero tolerance words or phrases will earn harsher punishments, straight up to the tier three 14 day ban. Similar to real life, getting multiple tickets will get a person punished and eventually jailed if their behavior continues though certain actions will avoid fines and skip straight to jail time. It's not that complex and any complexity in the system is only there so trolls don't find a way to abuse the system.
en2que (EUW)
: Position MMR made the game EVEN WORSE
Yes it is lol. My dude I can hav 10 different phone numbers today and my service provider wouldn't bat an eye. Phone verification would do nothing. Also, how would smurfing rates go up since Riot clearly stated that LP, and I'm assuming MMR, would splash over so as a player rises in one rank they climb slightly in all others. ALSO, that new MMR system isn't out until next season last I checked. Literally nothing is different right now.
: Tbh what Ekko is using is not magical itself. Hextech uses magical crystals (and lab-made ones so it's not magic) to power his device the same way we use electricity
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HWvAQABI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-28T07:57:09.606+0000) > > Tbh what Ekko is using is not magical itself. Hextech uses magical crystals (and lab-made ones so it's not magic) to power his device the same way we use electricity If it was just a crystal powering his tech I'd agree but Ekko's crystal his the source of his time manipulation abilities while his tech focuses it's energy and allows him to jump accurately. The crystal is like the internet and Ekko's gear is a computer, it allows him to choose where he wants to go
CrowV2 (OCE)
: Jinx's actual issue
She probably has some combination of schizophrenia, psychosis, and multiple personality disorder, her guns being her other personalities. My theory is that after living in Zaun for so long, he guns were the only things that kept her safe and that were 100% reliable in her eyes. So due to her being a high functioning psychopath with schizophrenic tendencies and thanks to Zaun being a pretty grim place deoending on where you live, as her friend's and allies left her because she was odd, died cuz Zaun, left Zaun all together because, again, Zaun, her psyche shattered and created a reality where her weapons were her friends that would always be there for her and support her while the world around her became her playground. She also only dislikes Vi for abandoning her, she actually hates Cait because Caitlyn stole her friend,
Loboshl (NA)
: fortnite is a huge money grab and the devs suck
I legit liked the idea of a class based horde mode type game Epic was initially pushing for. Then Battle Royale hype happened and my hype died because I know that devs and publishers always follow the money. Being honest, I doubt save the world mode will be released and if it is it'll be an after thought. Best case scenario, it gets completely canned, worse case is it gets released and neglected to the point that it'll be there but never worth playing.
Arthem69 (NA)
: Do you want sjw's to be all over the boards complaining about racism? I have a feeling that's exactly what would happen.
> [{quoted}](name=Arthem69,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HWvAQABI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-28T05:26:46.409+0000) > > Do you want sjw's to be all over the boards complaining about racism? I have a feeling that's exactly what would happen. On that note I think Riot should go for it. Not for the sake of pissing off sjws but because if a story is well written, the characters are well developed and the plot isn't 100% a political soap box then no one should be able to tell an author what they can and cannot write. Ez vs Ekko would be amazing, the Zaunite kid who struggled his whole life vs the entitled rich kid who shows off for attention. Both find powerful magical items and hav to learn to how to use them in both a literal and metaphorical sense. Ekko would hate Ezreal because of how self centered Ez is and Ez would only acknowledge Ekko in passing though still be horribly dismissive of him. Though it would be a sort of friendly rivalry because despite those differences they would also see that deep down both of them desire to be noticed, Ekko as a Zaunite equal to any Piltovern and Ezreal by his parents. Yada yada, at their core they're the same character and would play well off of each other on a personality level. Also my current headcanon is Ezreals gauntlet letting him perceive but not follow Ekko's time jumps while he's close enough to him and acting friendly towards him in hopes of borrowing the Z-Drive and leading to hijinks ~~which causes Ezreal to get time displaced leading to the pulsefire future~~
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9cPYV8zz,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-09-28T04:30:34.536+0000) > > League isn't eSports. It's a video game. It's more similar to a pickup game at your local rec. Or a tournament. Still not competitive. It's recreational. Ranked is competitive.
> [{quoted}](name=General Kenobi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9cPYV8zz,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-09-28T04:33:58.109+0000) > > Ranked is competitive. Competitive yes but still a game. Until money is on the line based on ranking standard ranked is not an esport, just a game with a tier list. Think of it this way, if a group of friends is playing DnD and one guy keeps being an absolute dick all the time they might ignore(mute) him at first but eventually they'll stop inviting(ban) him to games because they don't want to deal with his behavior. That's what banning is, it's removing people from the game that cannot seem to take the hint that their actions are ruining the fun for others, whether that fun be goofing off or working towards a goal.
: Tristana And class reworks are champions reworks. Which would be. Vlad Darius Sejuani Graves Mf Maokai Garen (just had a ult change) Morde Skarner
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mxIdtA3w,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-26T21:15:59.123+0000) > > Tristana > And class reworks are champions reworks. Which would be. > Vlad > Darius > Sejuani > Graves > Mf > Maokai > Garen (just had a ult change) > Morde > Skarner That's not every Rework though... Also Sejuani had her passive, W, E and R changed my dood
Seen (NA)
: If you have a three loss streak on the same day
I agree that people should take a break if they lose three ranked matches in a row but not be forced to take said break.
: > [{quoted}](name=QuQubs,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eAj8PEE7,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-25T13:22:10.627+0000) > > It's easy to fix as well. > > If you are AFK longer than 5-10 mins, you are the only person receiving a LP loss if you lose and when you win, you will get little less LP. > > I don't know, sounds balanced to me. My only problem is trusting Riot to do it bug free. lol Especially with me watching all their bug fixes that leave me thinking "Wtf, how the heck is that possible?" Like skins stealing other VO lines from other skins on other champions.
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eAj8PEE7,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T13:25:45.445+0000) > > My only problem is trusting Riot to do it bug free. lol Especially with me watching all their bug fixes that leave me thinking "Wtf, how the heck is that possible?" Like skins stealing other VO lines from other skins on other champions. Because that's how bugs work my dude. Fixing a bug with Tiamat could break Sion's Q. Fixing that could bug his VO. Fixing that could cause no issues with him but randomly hav dragon permanently gaining AP as a match progresses. Code, and especially the massive amount of code/coding that keeps this game running, isnt something that you can always just fix. It's a numerical stack of dominos waiting for one to fall so they can effect the next number in line.
QuQubs (EUW)
: That's true in higher elos. If Riot thought hard about it, they would come up with something I'm sure! I'm not in a high elo so I don't want to come up with a solution on something I have no knowledge on.
> [{quoted}](name=QuQubs,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eAj8PEE7,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-25T13:25:42.414+0000) > > That's true in higher elos. > > If Riot thought hard about it, they would come up with something I'm sure! > > I'm not in a high elo so I don't want to come up with a solution on something I have no knowledge on. The already did think of something, leaverbuster and reporting. The best thing Riot can do is stop players from continuously AFKing because any system put in place to reduce LP loss will be abused by a very large part of the community. It's why Flavor of the Month picks exist, because when they hav the option people will take the easy win by picking whatever is best/easiest.
QuQubs (EUW)
: Why are we punished for an AFKs?
Players would still bully others in hopes of forcing someone to afk. It would get worse in higher elos where the population is scarce so if a group people qued at the same time, though not in the same lobby, there is still a chance they could end up playing together and hav one afk for their buddy.
: When is it okay to add "kun" at the end of someone's name?
When you're speaking Japanese. No other time.
Atgo (EUW)
: > Except Jayce never hurt anyone and saved Piltover from Viktor’s robots. Thats just wrong lol. This is what happened: > After a toxic event in the Sump saw hundreds of men and women in the Factorywood transformed into rabid psychotics, Viktor was forced to use a powerful soporific to sedate the victims and bring them back to his labs to try and undo the damage. The toxins had begun to eat away portions of their brains, but Viktor was able to slow the degenerative process by opening up their craniums and employing machinery to slowly filter their bloodstreams of poison. The technology available to him wasn’t up to the task, and Viktor knew many people were going to die unless he found a way to greatly enhance his purgative machinery. > > As he fought to save these people, he detected a surge in hextech energy from Piltover and saw immediately that this could give him the power he needed. He followed the powerful energy surge to its source. > > Jayce’s lab. > > Viktor demanded Jayce hand over the source of this power, a pulsing crystal from the Shuriman desert. But his former colleague refused, leaving Viktor no option but to take it by force. He returned to Zaun and hooked the strange crystal to his machinery, readying a steam golem host for each afflicted person in case their body gave out under the stress of the procedure. Empowered by the new crystal, Viktor’s machines went to work and, gradually, the damage from the toxins began to reverse. His work would save these people - in a manner of speaking - and had Viktor retained more than a fragment of his humanity, he might have celebrated. As it was, the barest hint of a smile was all he allowed himself. > > Before the process could complete, a vengeful Jayce burst in and started smashing the laboratory with an energized hammer. Knowing an arrogant fool like Jayce would never listen to reason, Viktor ordered the automatons to kill Jayce. The battle was ferocious, and only ended when Jayce shattered the crystal Viktor had taken, bringing the entire warehouse down in an avalanche of steel and stone, thus ending the existence of those Viktor was trying to save. And for this, Jayce returned to Piltover, feted as a hero.
> [{quoted}](name=Atgo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5r0EzJge,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-24T22:14:33.816+0000) > > Thats just wrong lol. > This is what happened: More reason as to why Jayce is one of my most hated characters in the game. Viktor just gets treated as his villain despite literally everyone beating Vik like a dead horse. Viktor could easily be a good person if someone recognized that he's not 100% demented and just talk to him instead of seeing him as EVIL CYBORG ROBOT GOD
: Mage mana regen nerf was uncalled for and questions the balance team's competence
Show more

AnAggravatedPimp

Level 35 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion