Rioter Comments
: Is General Du Couteau ever gonna factor into the lore again?
Probably come back whenever they decide to release Talon's lore. Which has been a long time, so I hope it's soon. But then again...I hoped it was soon back in February during Swain/Noxus's update...
: Were all remade champs worse than their original?
Talon's rework is considered to be the best rework out of all the assassin reworks.
Khabith (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Andevar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=53BdEbhX,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-01-18T01:23:50.230+0000) > > Imagine if you played the champ and learned him first before coming to the boards to complain after you lost a game to him. check my match history, I havent faced him in a while, its just straight facts that he is a poorly designed champion
> [{quoted}](name=Khabith,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=53BdEbhX,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2019-01-18T05:00:03.160+0000) > > check my match history, I havent faced him in a while, its just straight facts that he is a poorly designed champion "I haven't faced him in a while" Yet you come here claiming that you have "straight facts" about a champ that you haven't played as or against in a long time? Makes sense.
Khabith (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Andevar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=53BdEbhX,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-01-18T01:23:50.230+0000) > > Imagine if you played the champ and learned him first before coming to the boards to complain after you lost a game to him. Learn how to play him... level 2 all in, get dusk, play like a b*tch while still one shotting, ive been playing this game long enough to know exactly what he does, he isnt healthy for the game
> [{quoted}](name=Khabith,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=53BdEbhX,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-01-18T03:57:04.383+0000) > > Learn how to play him... level 2 all in, get dusk, play like a b*tch while still one shotting, ive been playing this game long enough to know exactly what he does, he isnt healthy for the game Let me list off your issues there. Talon's lvl 2 has actually been nerfed since his release. He is much weaker than he used to be. Any type of CC will also take him down before he could make use of his walls. That combined with the fact that he is squishy makes him very easy to deal with. Talon's late game is also one of the worse off late-games of any assassins. He falls off harder than any and is very ult-reliant. If you want to talk unhealthy, look at true unhealthy champions such as Tryndamere or Wukong, not Talon.
: Assassin main are living the dream in the midlane right now, that class has completely pushed mages out of viability and its disgusting as fuck. Every rift game I play I am always matched up against an assassin, i honestly can't even remember the last time is aw an actual mage go mid lane except the champion I'm playing.
What? Turret plating makes it kinda bad to play as an Assassin in this meta, especially when staying in lane is more beneficial than roaming.
Khabith (NA)
: People would complain more about talon if he was a new champion....
Imagine if you played the champ and learned him first before coming to the boards to complain after you lost a game to him.
Candoodle (EUW)
: OTP opening their Loot tab
Can confirm, setting at 34 keys and 0 chests :^)
: When Aftershock Galio is building full AP but has 3k health and can 100-0 you within his CC timer
Also applies to the enemy Aatrox with a single damage item, being tanky af, and still deleting everyone on your team.
CakeMix (EUW)
: ***
Imagine having to resort to insults to win arguments over a game. Grow up man, I was just stating that if you don't even play the game, you don't have a right to judge it. Just like how game reviewers have to actually play the game to review it, instead of making claims they've only seen, rather than experienced.
CakeMix (EUW)
: 1. Been playing since beta, I have many accounts. All at varying levels of play, I've coached multiple players in my time so that's why i have numerous accounts. I would post on my main If the over zealous forum Mods hadn't banned my account for varying levels of misunderstanding sarcasm... also i can lose my patience with stupid people... so i'm not innocent, just honest. lol. 2. As soon as you mention some ones rank, you automatically lose the argument. No. STFU. Nothing can say can justify The underlining statement of "you are this rank, therefore your statement is void" Fuck you and your childish shit for thinking that. 3. I hate ranked. In season 3 I stopped when i reached plat. That's all i cared at the time about, I reached my milestone and I was done with it all on my main account. I quickly realised the ranked system is a deeply unfair and a cesspool for griefers to spread their toxic shit. Why the fuck would I want to subject myself to that? Why the fuck after coming home from work would I choose to subject myself to countless hours of wasted time over seeing my wife? And why would I play now for that matter when the whole system is 1000 times worse than what it used to be unless I want to play with friends and carry on teaching them how to play? Even then, I stopped playing. Because this game has gone to shit to the point where i would rather drink bleach than play.
Your argument was invalidated by one sentence. "Even then, I stopped playing." You can't criticize game balance if you don't play the game in the first place.
CakeMix (EUW)
: I did play him. The only reason I don't anymore because playing this game is like injecting rat poison directly into my veins. dude... cut your fucking shit out. Every single game as Talon at level 2 I would easily get first blood. As soon as I reached 3 I was ungankable. It's got nothing to do with the opponent playing badly or whatever excuse you wanna come up with. It's got everything to do with Damage being absolutely absurd accompanied with champs with to much of a safe kit. Literally my condition to get the lvl 2 first blood was to all in the second they try to CS. That's just fundamentally unhealthy from a game design standpoint.
Then why don't play him to climb? Literally complain about him being so easy, but he's one of the worst off assassins right now. Also, you're playing in silver 4, it's not hard to get first blood as Talon. No one has the IQ to dodge your second W, or to know how to properly counter Talon. Being downvoted by mage circlejerk is great.
: And you're completely missing the point. His early game is shitty but if he gets fed or makes it to late his damage is utterly disgusting and he just shreds everything in 1-2 seconds. Its solo queue, you have random teammates and people that 'shouldnt' get fed do get fed sometimes. The entire concept of shit early game but 1v5 if fed because of broken late game kit is dumb as fuck. It creates shitty feast or famine gameplay where either the person playing the champion isnt have fun or the enemy team isnt.
I don't think it's Yi that's the problem on that one, more Conqueror and the true damage it brings.
CakeMix (EUW)
: You got to be kidding. I can litrally walk away from my keyboard while playing Talon and still get a kill.
Why don't you play him to climb then if he's so easy? Why does he have a 50% win rate with a low play rate if he's so easy? Making false assumptions without actual proof is all I see on the boards these days, especially when it's a meta heavily supporting laning champs and mages rather than roaming assassins.
: Can we mother fucking stop giving assassins 17 million escapes?
Let's just pretend that Mages don't have things that break them too. Assassins have reliable mobility and escapes, sure. But they're also extremely squishy. Mages have more utility, having almost always one CC ability and of course, Zhonyas/Stopwatch. So sure, let's complain about assassin mobility and not buying a single item that negates and entire role.
Rioter Comments
Eedat (NA)
: It's frankly an embarrassment how bad of a state the client is left in
There's also the bugs where the client kicks you back to lobby because it thinks someone didn't accept, when in reality everyone accepted the prompt. Client is just a mess as it is right now. Nothing works properly. Even the club rosters don't let me look at a player specifically, making me have to type in their names, and if they got some weird ass character, I have to find out how to copy it.
needHymn (NA)
: The mastery 7 is great... but there should be more symbols... at 500k mastery, and at 1 mil mastery.
Mastery 7 is pretty much nothing now, considering how easy it is to get. I agree that Riot should expand on the Mastery system, but maybe not with challenges. 500k, 1 million milestone masteries seem much better and they actually convey something, rather than how mastery is right now.
: Suggestion on how to make Neeko more fair
Her ult is overloaded. She gets a large amount of shields, a stun, and a lot of damage. She doesn't need that considering the rest of her kit. Removing her stun would be a great start, or the shields she gets from it.
: Tips on farming in an oppressive lane?
Freeze the lane just outside your turret range and safely farm there. This means oppressive champs have to overextend, leaving them vulnerable to ganks. You can also just roam after shoving lane and that'll be the major way for you to snowball.
: Would you recommend this game to people?
Too many smurfs at lower ELO's. Too much toxicity and troll for new players to deal with. A lot of stuff to learn that honestly isn't very rewarding in the end. Yeah, no. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
Lewanor (NA)
: Nice, let me make one for the champs that never got a lore update, or mention in lore. Ever. {{champion:12}} {{champion:432}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:421}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:26}}
I’m still a very big fan of your chained champ theory. That’s probably the reason why Talon’s lore has been on hold for so long (even after they found it what to do with him).
Dr Dog (NA)
: Talons e needs a higher in combat cd
I guess the fact that he's probably the squishiest and the most ult reliant of all the assassins means nothing. Or how any type of CC that hits him is almost always a guarantee kill. Oh well. Let's complain some more, no? Let's also forget that the walls he jump are on cooldown for at least 2 minutes, probably more. It's not like him jumping them has no consequence.
: What is, in your opinion, the worst designed champion in this game?
{{champion:84}} True stealth. {{champion:39}} Oppresive early and late game. There’s a saying that a 0-5 Irelia can still 1v5... {{champion:266}} Oh you only have 1 AD item? Let me one shot you and dive you under turret with my ult. {{champion:518}} Overloaded kit. Why does she get invisibility, root, very good poke, an ult that gives her Uber shields, a stun, and tons of damage?? {{champion:157}} Overloaded kit. {{champion:142}} Let me steal all your summoner spells then unleash all of them at once. Also if you get hit by my sleep, you lose 3/4 of your HP.
GreenLore (EUW)
: I'd argue that there are still enoug champs whose gameplay is considered to be mostly fine(Caitlyn being probably the best example),but who look worse than Talon.
Then this topic might as well extend to when (or if) Riot will focus on bringing these specific number of champs up-to-date visually without a full/partial rework.
: > [{quoted}](name=Andevar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XzqNAAnO,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-12-16T22:16:31.213+0000) > > Just looking at the ground between the 2 pictures is completely different. One is smooth and polished, like a typical Demacian place while the other looks rugged and cracked. Ryze'a vault is in Demacia tho...
His vault wasn't designed and created by Demacian engineers and carpenters. Nor is it regularly maintained by Ryze or Demacians to keep it as nice looking as the teaser's image.
prąyers (NA)
: Maybe it's just me, but the chain champion was probably already teased
Just looking at the ground between the 2 pictures is completely different. One is smooth and polished, like a typical Demacian place while the other looks rugged and cracked.
: Does anyone else feel that minions in Nexus Blitz follow WAY too far into the jungle?
When you're doing red buff and a minion is hiding behind it. Then their entire team appears and steals it from you. :(
Seth L9 (OCE)
: Counter assassins? More like counter mages and tanks/supports, cause that's what Banshee's was used for at least. To counter assassins you have to position properly, and keep track of them. Also GA counters assassins even without the MR. The fact that you have a 2nd life is beyond broken against assassins. I'd be down for bringing them back though, just revert Abyssal Mask please or make a new AP+MR item.
Agreed. As an Assassin player, seeing a GA is probably one of the most demoralizing things in the game. Not only is your full burst pretty much countered by a single item, but you have to factor in the enemy support that's stopping you from killing the GA holder in the first place. And even if you succeed, you get a 30 second ult timer before you can kill their GA holder again while they can get right back up and shit on everyone.
: Neeko needs to make a trade off: Her damage or its reliability
Her ult feels like a suicide bomb tbh. She can run it, hit R, and be almost unkillable because of her shield and stun/deal massive damage to a team. Her E is also easy to land and it dissuades you from playing from behind your minions, which exposes you to poke by her Q and passive. These two things are the only two things I really have issue with.
Yoseii (NA)
: Yeah. I would absolutely love some well thought out lore for Talon, but after what they did for Kat's bio with making her father sort of hate her, I'm a little worried they might change Talon's place among the Du Couteaus. I'd love for Talon and Kat's relationship to be built upon, and keep them as having that sort of older sis, younger bro punching bag thing but a little bit more fleshed out. Like maybe write interactions in a short story? Would love if he gained a more important role somewhere among Noxus too or at least have an interesting story of his own.
Since we're on the topic of updating Talon (which might as well include his lore), I agree that they should build on his relationship with the rest of the Du Couteau's. I believe that when (more like if -.-) his lore does come out, it'll shed more like on the Du Couteau family and their relationships with each other and the greater Noxus. Just as side-note, I believe Kat and Talon have a bit of a rivalry between them, just based on Kat's lore stating that Papa Du Couteau had raised others in her place just to spite her.
Sillae (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Miss TaIon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=avI8Ikhs,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-12-15T12:23:20.662+0000) > > His model hasn't been touched since 2011. He has no running animation as an ASSASSIN, no proper voice lines, no actual personality, his visuals could be better and most importantly, his lore didn't get touched even during the Noxus lore update a year ago. We were promised to not have to wait a full year for his lore update, but he still didn't get one. > > On top of that, his base model is super ugly to the point that I hate using it. He could really use an Ezreal type of update with no gameplay changes but a visual update. {{champion:26}} needs it more imo. You have to look closely at Talon's model to tell its age, Zilean's hands are bigger than his head.
Yes, but I believe Zilean was one of the champs that Riot has said they're doing a partial, if not a full rework for. (Could be wrong, but I know they mentioned Zilean's kit being a little outdated).
MrGerund (EUW)
: not just the visuals, animation updates are just as important (voice maybe too, his current one is... not great)
Yeah I forgot to mention those. He only has around 4 voicelines (plus his move command ones).
GreenLore (EUW)
: Really doubt it as there are simply a lot more champs who look or play worse than him. That being said,he could get one of those smaller VGUs,like the one that Ezreal got,but even there he has a lot of competition.
Most the other champs that look worse than him are also in need of a full rework to their kits, hence why I mentioned champs like Pantheon, Mordekaiser, Dr. Mundo. The fact is Talon's kit is very modern compared to other older champions, but the visual aspect of him is still out-of-date, which might convince Riot to work on full reworks instead of doing a visual rework on him to fully bring him up.
: Anyone know how close Pantheon is to getting his VU?
They're mostly giving a full rework to him instead of just a visual update. His kit is terribly out of date.
Lewanor (NA)
: This is why I hate the Assassin Update, besides from 2 champions it was a total bust. And only two succesful, which are Talon and Katarina(Katarina being debatable). If there never was an assassin update Talon would get a Ezreal level rework. Change E change passive done. Now he can't because his gameplay is really modernized and good. I just want a movement animation update from Riot, though even that would be a lot... It seems Ekko needs it more than crab walk 7/24 Talon
Exactly. I hate how they decided to update Talon's kit, his W, his R, and his splash, but not his base model.
Rioter Comments
d00mface (EUW)
: What champs would you like to see interact with one another that haven't?
{{champion:91}} with{{champion:55}} {{champion:69}} Or with{{champion:133}} or{{champion:50}}
Terozu (NA)
: Opinion: Chinese Food is delicious.
If you've ever been to China, you'll quickly realize the food over there is pretty fking good compared to the knock off ones in America.
: What is the story behind your summoner name?
RNG’d it when I was looking for a name in SWTOR. I
: There are people on this planet who think...
The only one I can argue here is the vaccines are dangerous. It’s not necessarily people being stupid, but cultural reasons for why some people don’t like vaccines. For example, many Africans, who have had a long history of white abuse, distrust vaccines being issued to them by westerners, because their beliefs and values have been handed down from generations before them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Andevar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=00070000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-27T21:30:40.514+0000) > > Your experiences don’t speak for the rest of us. But your broad claim of silvers know how to roam does? I'm sorry, but why is your anecdotal evidence carrying more weight than mine?
> [{quoted}](name=My Waifu Vanilla,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=000700000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T14:06:39.832+0000) > > But your broad claim of silvers know how to roam does? I'm sorry, but why is your anecdotal evidence carrying more weight than mine? You click on stats. You look at roam dominance score. If silvers didn’t know how to roam, then that would be a flat 0. Roaming isn’t rocket science.
: > [{quoted}](name=Andevar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-11-27T00:58:36.741+0000) > > Then they’ll just outroam you. It’s why you don’t pick champs like Garen, Cho, Darius, Renekton mid. You don’t have the same pressure assassins have because they will always just outroam you. Actually with the new tower plates go ahead and roam. {{champion:86}} {{champion:58}} can shove and take towers very effectively, While being strong vs melee assassins. And first tower + its plates is worth alot more than a few kills. Lol Plus you potentially come back to lane with a bounty, I kill you and take that bounty :) $$$$$$$
> [{quoted}](name=Romans VI XXIII,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=00070003,timestamp=2018-11-27T23:05:00.062+0000) > > Actually with the new tower plates go ahead and roam. {{champion:86}} {{champion:58}} can shove and take towers very effectively, While being strong vs melee assassins. > > And first tower + its plates is worth alot more than a few kills. Lol > > Plus you potentially come back to lane with a bounty, I kill you and take that bounty :) > > $$$$$$$ By your logic, roaming mid laners don’t exist right now, because I guarantee there’s more than one champion being played in the mid lane right now that has stronger wave clear than an assassin. It’s simple wave management.
: {{champion:6}}: you don't seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with all of you {{champion:238}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:84}}: ... {{champion:6}}: YOU'RE ALL LOCKED IN HERE WITH ME
> [{quoted}](name=CapnMorganFr3man,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2018-11-27T20:13:49.930+0000) > > {{champion:6}}: you don't seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with all of you > > {{champion:238}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:84}}: ... > > {{champion:6}}: YOU'RE ALL LOCKED IN HERE WITH ME Funny thing is Talon was considered a counter to Urgot mid. It’s what happens when you pair low mobility against someone who’s able to outroam and snowball their sidelanes before you step foot in river.
: > [{quoted}](name=Andevar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2018-11-27T02:03:36.953+0000) > > It’s common knowledge for silver players to roam. You don’t just play an assassin to sit in lane, most players under plat understand this. Yet I still out roam assassins mid as Lissandra or even someone like Ezreal. You are putting WAY too much faith in bad players.
> [{quoted}](name=My Waifu Vanilla,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-27T16:49:00.011+0000) > > Yet I still out roam assassins mid as Lissandra or even someone like Ezreal. You are putting WAY too much faith in bad players. Your experiences don’t speak for the rest of us.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wizard Blaze,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wBAgMcLF,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-25T19:16:06.274+0000) > > buy more skins. maybe Rito or some shady china businessman in Tencent will help you. Buy it with mastercard. They seem more responsive than riot lately lol. (Context: A guy made a "mastercard themed" skin for a champ when the deal between them and league became news and they responded by giving him riot points.)
And? You get RP for doing fanart or do any other creative works lol.
: > [{quoted}](name=Andevar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-11-27T00:58:36.741+0000) > > Then they’ll just outroam you. It’s why you don’t pick champs like Garen, Cho, Darius, Renekton mid. You don’t have the same pressure assassins have because they will always just outroam you. People already play Sion and Cho mid. Its not some cheesy full ad/ap Sion and Cho either although people do play that too.
> [{quoted}](name=Oakleaf Ranger,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2018-11-27T03:50:19.144+0000) > > People already play Sion and Cho mid. Its not some cheesy full ad/ap Sion and Cho either although people do play that too. They do play it yes, but to varying success. Urgot was also played mid a while ago, and his winrate against Talon was pretty low and was considered weak against Talon.
: > [{quoted}](name=Andevar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-11-27T00:58:36.741+0000) > > Then they’ll just outroam you. It’s why you don’t pick champs like Garen, Cho, Darius, Renekton mid. You don’t have the same pressure assassins have because they will always just outroam you. --- > [{quoted}](name=ez mental boom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-11-26T21:43:34.982+0000) > > 89.53% of the League playerbase is below plat > > Therefore this is good advice for 89.53% of the League playerbase
> [{quoted}](name=ez mental boom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksvw2nJ8,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-11-27T01:00:04.604+0000) > > --- It’s common knowledge for silver players to roam. You don’t just play an assassin to sit in lane, most players under plat understand this.
: Pick Renekton into melee assassins mid
Then they’ll just outroam you. It’s why you don’t pick champs like Garen, Cho, Darius, Renekton mid. You don’t have the same pressure assassins have because they will always just outroam you.
Shaydrox (EUW)
: That's why I'm also suggesting nerfs to things that shouldn't have been made more powerful in the first place (his MR). I'm not calling out for buffs only, I'm calling out for a mixture to put him in a better spot balancing wise.
He’s honestly not doing too bad though. A lot of people predict FOTM players came by to abuse him on DH.
Show more

Andevar

Level 139 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion