Rioter Comments
Vei (NA)
: Any song you listen to that you aren't particularly proud of listening to?
if /mu/ has taught me anything, it's that you should be ashamed of listening to anything that isn't classical. Or Jazz. Or In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. Sometimes Death Grips, though they also say that they are industry plants, so you can never be sure.
: > [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xBNQnERZ,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-03-07T03:34:07.187+0000) > > Is there any concern at all that her SSG skin might end up too similar to her Frejlord skin if her skin tone remains as dark as her base? I understand why the team might want to avoid "whitewashing" Taliyah by making her skin tone lighter, but the color schemes for the two skins are already super close without the skin tones being closer. Another of Stellari's tweets says Taliyah's SSG skin has already received multiple tweaks - I'm not going to ask for details, but do any of those tweaks address this concern? Hey Anonagon! Yes, your concern is definitely one that we have talked about and have been/are keeping in mind. :)
Thanks for the reply. Been looking forward to a Taliyah skin for a while now since I wasn't really feeling the launch one. I will say that aside from the color scheme similarities, the concept art looked quite nice.
: There would be easily ways to differ the skin from Frejlord other then changing her skin tone. Think Star Guardian Poppy and Snow Fawn. Both have Blue Particles but appear very differently. Looking at the concept Art this upcoming Taliyah skin will be closer to a Thunder God Ornn/Fantasy Adventurer Skin. We can probably expect some Dark Blue fire-esque particles, or some Dark Lightning Style stones. Also might wanna be careful what you say in the future depending on the audience. Imagine if you had suggested they make Zoe Black because her skins would be too similar to her other skins if they didn't?
My concern for the upcoming Taliyah skin has little to do with her particles, because ultimately a skin should be sufficiently different from every other one for the same champion before particles even come into play, with the most immediate element being the color scheme IMO. The color scheme of the concept we were shown is only really differentiated from Frejlord Taliyah by the skin tone. I personally don't mind either way if they make her skin tone match her base or not (I think Riot doesn't really utilize the potential of different skin tones for champion skins, there could be a lot more cute brown girls in the game if they did), I just want to know if they recognize the similarities in color scheme and have any plans to shake it up a bit. A great example could be SKT Syndra, who prominently features the color blue despite it not being a part of SKT's colors and not prominent in the other skins.
: Hey Sexy Jack Rabbit! (I feel awkward saying your name... haha) We're not looking to pale Taliyah's skin color! [For more context, this is from our product manager for SSG skins.](https://twitter.com/thejanellemj/status/971089277655248897) EDIT: whoops I said "darken" at first - correction, we are not looking to make her skin color paler!
Is there any concern at all that her SSG skin might end up too similar to her Frejlord skin if her skin tone remains as dark as her base? I understand why the team might want to avoid "whitewashing" Taliyah by making her skin tone lighter, but the color schemes for the two skins are already super close without the skin tones being closer. Another of Stellari's tweets says Taliyah's SSG skin has already received multiple tweaks - I'm not going to ask for details, but do any of those tweaks address this concern?
Pika Fox (NA)
: Thats literally not true and has never been true. Janna has a shield, a knock up, a slow, and a knockback + heal. Add ardent and locket ontop of that.... and why do you think you should ever get a kill on who shes supporting? You target the janna in this case, not the ADC. The Talon did nothing right and chose a poor fight. Even if he got everything off as he said, ITS STILL A 1v2 WITH A PROTECTIVE SUPPORT. Seriously, you dont misplay then complain "i dived 1v5 and died even though i hit the adc y rito i demand i win". Also, he likely wasnt that far ahead. Trist had plenty of kills, and likely more CS. And because trist was positive and likely had good CS, janna likely had plenty of gold too. This is just a typical "i have more kills why cant i smash head on keyboard win" complaint. He wasnt nearly as far ahead as he wanted to think.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=z47o0Ah8,comment-id=00070001000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-04T06:52:07.349+0000) > > Thats literally not true and has never been true. It was true before Season 5 (maybe 4). > Add ardent and locket ontop of that.... and why do you think you should ever get a kill on who shes supporting? You target the janna in this case, not the ADC. Target the Janna? The Janna whose tankier because of the 30 armor from Locket and higher base armor growth? The Janna who is harder to get damage off on because of her ability to instantly interrupt your damage output with Q? The Janna who could shield herself just as easily, with those shields being even more efficient because of the aforementioned higher armor? > The Talon did nothing right and chose a poor fight. Even if he got everything off as he said, ITS STILL A 1v2 WITH A PROTECTIVE SUPPORT. The Talon did everything right. Landing the entirety of your damage output on a squishy target as an assassin with no other kill threats around is literally doing exactly what an assassin should be doing. The fact that you think it being 1v2 justifies it shows you don't understand how the game works. > Also, he likely wasnt that far ahead. Trist had plenty of kills, and likely more CS. And because trist was positive and likely had good CS, janna likely had plenty of gold too. First off, experience is the thing that matters most when determining who is more "ahead". And Janna having the amount of gold to let her get items like Locket is the problem here. Support gold generation is way too high. Its the "powercreep" I referred to in my original post. Don't get me wrong, I understand WHY the Talon lost this fight in the game in its current state. I'm just saying that if the game was _balanced_, support gold income and itemization wouldn't be so hilariously broken.
: Worth noting that shared experience isn't actually divided equally, and actually spawn a bit of extra xp so it ends up being 65.2% xp each for two people, so the total xp would still be higher even in a perfectly played scenario where all 3 champs were ideally balanced with respect to gold/xp.
I'm perfectly aware of that. It doesn't at all change things, because the experience both duo laners get is still significantly lower, and it only takes a few levels' advantage to really enable someone to 1v2. Just ask top laners. Top laners who get ahead can pretty easily 1v2 the enemy top and jungle, but hilariously can't do the same to ADC/Supports despite the fact that the jungle and top are getting solo gold and xp while the duo lane isn't. The ADC and support positions are so overtuned at the moment that its easier to 1v2 a top laner and a jungler who are 2 levels down than it is to 1v2 an ADC and support who are 2 levels down, despite them having far less gold.
Pika Fox (NA)
: An assassin isnt supposed to 1v2 against a protective support and ADC, especially when you target the tankier of the two. Janna + Trist you target Janna first if you have any choice. Either way, both arent the best option as both have disengage ults. Its better to wait until either are alone.
No. An assassin is supposed to be able to get a kill on their target through a protective support if they play well, at least until very late in the game (when the experience advantage of having been in a solo lane is gone). If the OP is to be believed, the assassin in this case did everything right (optimal damage combo) while the adc and support did nothing special (no Trist W or ult, according to OP). The assassin should be able to get a kill in this case. If the ADC or support do something to genuinely "outplay" the assassin, or if the assassin messes up their combo, sure they shouldn't get a kill. But if an assassin who does everything right can't kill their target when ahead (which he is by virtue of solo experience, if not in kills), then there is literally no point to pick an assassin at all.
Wanfear (NA)
: "As a 7-5-7 Tristana (edit: **_with Barrier_**) being protected by Janna with Ardent+Locket, I shouldn't be one-shot by an assassin through the shields." Tristana and Talon had the exact same kill participation and Trist ended the game with 20 more cs. Not exactly sure why the 2v1 should be in favor of the 1. Trist also took Barrier that game. And yes, an ADC is never out of position with their support _against one person_. An ADC and support can absolutely be out of position in a teamfight, but if the only person attacking the ADC is the assassin, and the ADC is right next to the support, and nothing else is hitting the ADC, they aren't out of position relative to the assassin.
> [{quoted}](name=Wanfear,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=z47o0Ah8,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-03-04T05:11:48.823+0000) > > Not exactly sure why the 2v1 should be in favor of the 1. This mentality is why ADCs and supports have powercrept to the level they are at right now. The entire conceit that makes the ADC/Support botlane meta "balanced" is the idea that with the single lane's gold and experience divided between the two of them, they would be weak enough that a solo laner who played well could 1v2 them successfully. Therefore, in an ideal scenario, the solo lane assassin who does a _perfect combo_ should be able to kill his target 1v2. It would be reasonable for the ADC/Support to survive and kill the solo laner if they outplayed them, but that's not what happened in this situation, at least if the OP is to be believed.
: I mean karma is a legitimate support IMO and malphite is more off meta, but what would you recommend?
Karma is a legitimate support, she's just a legitimately bad one. The champions you've been playing (Lulu/Nami) are great, especially for low elo soloQ.
: Stop playing support. Play annie mid and master the basics. If you have to play support play soraka malphite karma
-> malphite -> karma -> support maybe you shouldn't be giving advice about support
Yenn (NA)
: Can something please be done to fix Diamond V
ITT: Hardstuck Diamond V 0LP player blames matchmaking for his inability to climb.
: We've already said we're doing bottom lane work for midseason. ADCs will need to be included in some way or another.
I'm sure everyone whose been paying attention is appreciative of the fact that you guys have confirmed that work will be done on the ADC class in midseason. However, it's incredibly frustrating to hear that such work will not come until midseason, even moreso that nothing specific about said work has been confirmed. The community has already come to a rough consensus of what's wrong with ADCs, primarily that their damage is simply too high, especially in burst, and that their items are either too cheap or too effective. And to a lot of people in the community, it seems like it would be an incredibly easy task to nerf ADCs in those areas. It's no surprise that people are frustrated that we will have to wait several patches for (potential) changes to ADC damage when Riot hasn't even acknowledged that ADC damage is a problem.
: They were. We knew they would be. It felt bad putting those Zoe nerfs in for 8.5 knowing she would likely be so weak, but it felt even worse to not address the situation for the non-Zoe players. Zoe is getting some help in 8.5 as a result.
I would be super hesitant with any and all buffs she does receive. I think that her winrate is not at all reflective of her strength and is mostly a reflection of people finally having to come to terms with the fact that she's a genuinely difficult champion, without her being objectively overpowered to compensate.
: SION VS CHOGATH TOP
Sion is pretty fucking absurd right now, even without the bug that makes his E undodgeable. So you're fighting an uphill battle as far as lane is concerned right now. Honestly I would take earlygame-focused runes and just play safe. Its not like you really need help being tanky lategame, and you should be just as if not more relevant than him come lategame. Since you should be focused on surviving lane, save your W to use to interrupt his Q channel. Most of his early damage comes from E and W though, and they deal magic resist, so Merc Treads should be a good early purchase.
: If this video doesn't prove Murumana needs a rework..IDK what will....
They've already confirmed that her Q will be changed so all subsequent hits will be treated as DOT damage, removing this synergy as well as reducing the synergy with Gunblade. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/oEEngRkl-what-do-i-build-on-kaiosa?comment=00070000
Nohr (NA)
: Can Ezreal not synergize with literally everything?
Ezreal's Q is a problematic design, but I think its pretty ridiculous to say he "synergizes with literally everything" because he really doesn't, especially not right now. AP Ez has been hot garbage for a long time, same with Hybrid Ez, and Blue Ez is the weakest its probably ever been. Ez has never been successful with a tank build, nor a Guinsoo's-style build, nor a support build. The only build Ezreal is actually good with is the same build he's been using since he was a part of the Holy Trinity of ADCs in Season 2, just with BT replaced with Bork. Ez abuses every strong generic proc, but he can't just build anything. If you are going to complain, complain accurately.
: Back when I was doing some work on tank items going into last year's mid season, I was pretty convinced that an effect as strong as Ninja Tabi's really shouldn't exist until like a high tier completed item. What kept me from changing it was honestly 1) there's a decent argument that it being in the boots slot means it comes at a significant opportunity cost (this assumes the other boots have equally powerful/desirable effects) and 2) it was difficult to know what effect _would_ be appropriate here. I'm still pretty convinced we could do better here, but unfortunately, I'm not sure what the solution is.
I think the primary problem with Tabis as they exist in the game currently is that they are a powerful defensive effect balanced around lategame crit carry damage that comes into effect super early in the game. I believe there needs to be a melee/ranged split on the passive, because currently they are far too efficient against fighters while perfectly fine against ADCs.
: if you could undo any change/rework what would it be?
I'd revert some, if not all the changes that have increased support income and power since around ~S4.
GôdÌy (NA)
: Who says a comment has to be related to the contents of the post? It's still related to the topic of the post (Ornn). He's just sharing his opinion. I don't know where you got the conclusion you thought he was suggesting the things you said.
Who says a comment has to be related to the OP? Well, its kind of the entire point of having separate forum threads in the first place. If he just wants to whine about bruisers being weak, well there's tons of threads for that. His post is not genuinely related to this thread. His post addresses nothing about Ornn in particular and just is him spouting his solidarity with the Discontent Fighter Main Lobby. It doesn't mean anything. He's trying to make a thread that's about something that he as a fighter main should want (Tank to require skill) and making it about "waaaahh bruiser r weak". I'm sick of seeing those kinds of posts in unrelated threads, and I'm a bruiser main myself. The point of my reply was not about him implying I said things I didn't, its about how plainly obvious it is that he didn't read the thread before posting.
: except it's not expressive because for most players, it having both cc, a shield, % health dmg, aoe waveclear, and that cc immunity meant that the optimal way to play ornn was literally "spam w off cooldown while in range of an enemy champ". I would know, before Ornn even got his buffs to make him strong I (and the few other players who bothered trying him) that were successful just kept doing that. Saying it's got skill expression is like saying trist/cait ignoring cc during their dashes is skill expression. Often times it's not; it's just them doing what they were planning anyways and getting a bonus get out of jail free card which is complete bullshit. Someone like Camille who pays for that cc dodge with her ult which is a one-use-per-fight tool is a good case of, "it's a genuine outplay" and therefore skillful because the cooldown is meaningful and not something you'd haphazardly cast at without reacting to what your opponent is doing. That's a case of genuine "I know your champ better than you do, and because of that I will outplay you perfectly" rather than "I'm basically playing single player and can ignore who you are and what you do because my champion is built to do that".
Its obviously not skill expressive every time its used, but it was a genuine use that the best of Ornn players can and would use to avoid certain abilities. Its also skill expressive for champions like Caitlyn and Tristana, if they intended to do it. Obviously there will be cases where they do it accidentally, but that doesn't negate the potential to do it intentionally. I do agree that it is better for abilities that have these kind of effects to be gated in some manner so that the potential for accidental dodges is less potent, but I think its a lot more acceptable on an ability like Ornn's W, which locks him into moving in a set direction for a couple of seconds, than it is on an ability like Tristana's W where the power of the ability should come in its ability to dodge CC with its movement range, not with its cast time.
: How would you nerf him without making him easier to play?
I would have focused on his damage and cooldown numbers, primarily. His problems, as far as I could see, stemmed almost entirely from the fact that his abilities applied a lot of threat (both in damage and potential followup) with high uptime. Since his peak power in 7.22/7.23 he's gotten a lot of nerfs, and most of them are entirely reasonable. The nerfs to his W damage and cooldown are obviously welcome, as well as the lower duration of the Brittle debuff. The lowering of his E damage would have been nice if it were just lowered damage and not also a change to its mechanics. Its important to note that a lot of the changes that made him easier to play happened as _buffs_ back when he was weak rather than as nerfs, so it really wouldn't be hard to nerf him while maintaining his current difficultly or adding some difficultly back in.
: He already gets a shield. It´s durability enough.
Once again, not trying at all to say that he shouldn't have been nerfed, I simply think he should have been nerfed another way. As a tank, I think it would have made a lot more sense to nerf his damage or cooldowns instead of removing a defensive tool, especially one that actually is skill-expressive.
: I'm annoyed at the idea of a tank being able to outtrade bruisers early on and outscale them in relevance lategame
... Do you think I'm suggesting that Ornn _should_ do that? Because I'm not, and I don't know how you could have possibly gotten that idea from my post if you actually read it. And if you don't think I'm suggesting that, then I don't know why your post is at all actually relevant to this thread, because this thread isn't about Ornn's power level as it relates to the bruisers he may fight in lane.
: \*sees title* Yeah I agree > [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ij2PBJtz,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-23T00:00:49.105+0000) > > Ornn at launch was the most skill-intensive tank champion in the game. no
SatomiKun (EUW)
: There are tons of champions who would make as much, if not even more, sense being unstoppable. Using your MMA comparison. {{champion:136}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:111}} But they still aren't, since it's about gameplay balance. They gave a reason for that nerf, one of the major counterplay of abilities like his W is to use displacements to get him away from you, preventing the damage. That was not possible with the unstoppable effect and it was affecting the way you can counteract his kit. Granted, that stubborn part is true, but isn't a strong enough argument to sacrifice counterplay in my opinion. And tbh, his W still delivers on the stubborn thematic. You don't have to be unstoppable to express stubbornness. His shield on W and the fact that his breath still deals damage when CCed are representing it pretty well.
I do agree that other champions perhaps fit more by the "he's just really tough" argument, but that one is really secondary to the stubborn part, which is a defining part of Ornn's character in particular. I will concede that it does add a bit of extra counterplay, particularly for those champions who do have a direct knockback in their kit, and its entirely possible that does justify the removal of the mechanic. I personally don't think it does, because those champions are few and far between, and there is a good amount of counterplay to the ability without it. You can walk out of it, and even if you do get hit with all of it, you can kite him to prevent him from proccing Brittle.
SatomiKun (EUW)
: Help me out here, how is being unstoppable during W "thematically relevant"?
Think about how much physical force it would take to stagger a skinny person, or knock them down. Then think about how much it would take to knock over a well built MMA fighter. The natural assumption to make is that beefier, tougher people are harder to stop. Its especially thematically relevant for Ornn because one of his key character traits is being **stubborn**, meaning its hard to make him do things. Being immune to CC extends that stubbornness into his gameplay.
Dr Mercy (NA)
: I hold the opinion that it makes no sense for a tank to have the ability to dodge CC. Someone like Sivir or Nocturne, makes more sense as they need to be consistently attacking to do their job. Tanks don't need to, as they work with their abilities.
Honestly I disagree. I certainly don't think its a feature that every tank should have, but I think that its a reasonable feature on a champion like Ornn whose CC and damage output aren't actually that reliable. It makes sense thematically that a highly durable and stubborn champion would be resistant to such effects.
Lenn (NA)
: i wish i was a frog
go away shitposter
Malkis (NA)
: So Camille Q does more True damage than a Darius ult. How do people not see that as a problem?
Camille Q2 doesn't approach the damage of Darius' ult until fairly late in the game, and only if she's been investing in offense. At that point, its incredibly justified, given that * Camille had to build at least 3 damage items, while Darius likely only bought 1. * Camille Q2 requires a setup and timing to do the damage to a single target. A 5 stack Darius ult has a setup as well, but can be done to 5 targets in a row off of one setup, and the timing is much more generous (Stacks last longer than when Q2 is active) * Darius' ult represents a far smaller portion of his actual damage output than Camille Q2 does.
Rioter Comments
Lenn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4UtFx3o3,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-21T03:24:21.787+0000) > > Can I pick Caitlyn if my intention is to lose the game? I suppose that means you've "won" in your mind! Though I don't officially endorse the total lack of regard for other people, it sounds like you have your own thing going on, and that's just great. Have a blessed day!
> [{quoted}](name=Lenn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4UtFx3o3,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-02-21T03:28:16.200+0000) > > I suppose that means you've "won" in your mind! Though I don't officially endorse the total lack of regard for other people, it sounds like you have your own thing going on, and that's just great. > > Have a blessed day! The real question though: If my intention is to lose, is picking Caitlyn the only choice? I might get really bored playing her over and over in my attempt to tank my rating.
Lenn (NA)
: ONE QUICK TIP ON HOW TO WIN EVERY ADC GAME (NOT A SCAM!)
Can I pick Caitlyn if my intention is to lose the game?
: https://twitter.com/RiotMeddler/status/965036324192362496
Thank you, thank you. People should know by now to link to their damn sources, especially if its from twitter.
Rexxiee (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j9vYHB0d,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-18T02:33:10.640+0000) > > Citations needed, because this stuff isn't on surrender@20. She does have a lot of changes on PBE posted there but literally none of them are what you posted. Is this from a Twitter post or something, or are you just making up bullshit? > > As for the nerfs that actually are there: > - [Removed Effect] No longer notes "When an enemy champion falls asleep, Sleepy Trouble Bubble's cooldown is reduced by 10/15/20/25/30%." > - Removing Drowsy now prevents the affected target from sleep. > This includes effects such as Cleanse, Mikeal's Crucible, or Quicksilver Sash, as well as champion CC removals such as Alistar ult. > > Honestly none of these address her as a problem. She will remain a powerful pick as long as she has the ridiculous burst potential she currently does. She won't be Olaf'd after these changes, but they're setting her up to be, because that stupid burst will be all she has left, and when they finally address it she'll be garbage. They need to stop beating around the bush with situations like these. Meddler posted those nerfs are coming in addition to the ones on pbe.
Once again, give me a damn link, because the only nerfs I saw Meddler post about were [the ones I posted.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/HbYHYzxI-quick-gameplay-thoughts-february-9)
Foxes (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8pgHR2Rg,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-18T02:51:05.531+0000) > > I didn't see where Riot commented on Ahri's Q, but I can assume from your post that they are looking into removing or altering it because of the safety it provides. I can understand if you are a main of the champion you wouldn't want it changed, especially if you started playing her after its implementation, because you're used to it and it impacts how you approach your combat patterns. However, the MS mechanic on her Q has caused her to be a very safe champion relative to similar mages. It took a champion who previously had no escape without blowing her ult and gave her one of the most powerful movement steroids in the game. Because of it she has a massive advantage over other mages in poke trading and gank evasion. Its understandable that Riot would want to address this safety if they want Ahri to be a more powerful or interesting champion. I've been playing Ahri since release, and again, I do realize the safety it provides her- but what else does she have, really? She's kind of okay at being an assassin, kind of okay at being a control mage, kind of okay at everything, not great at anything. And while yes, the buff on the Q is really strong- it still takes you some time to stop and cast it, thus it can't be used quite as effectively as Katarina's W buff to dodge skillshots, it's really meant for you to turn your tail and run. However, all I'm asking for is proper compensation. Ahri isn't in too great of a spot right now anyway and her winrate is only high because most of her players are dedicated mains who know her ins and outs- not because she's particularly powerful. Bringing her down further is gonna delete her from the game.
I agree that she's pretty lackluster right now. Hopefully whatever they decide to do with her in the future makes her better, whether her Q MS stays or not.
: Would anyone actually care if Fiora was nerfed?
I don't think any reasonable person has a problem with a champion being toned down if they are too strong. What most Fiora defenders have a problem with is the assertion that certain mechanics be removed from her kit.
Foxes (EUW)
: Why are they looking at Ahri's Q movement speed?!
I didn't see where Riot commented on Ahri's Q, but I can assume from your post that they are looking into removing or altering it because of the safety it provides. I can understand if you are a main of the champion you wouldn't want it changed, especially if you started playing her after its implementation, because you're used to it and it impacts how you approach your combat patterns. However, the MS mechanic on her Q has caused her to be a very safe champion relative to similar mages. It took a champion who previously had no escape without blowing her ult and gave her one of the most powerful movement steroids in the game. Because of it she has a massive advantage over other mages in poke trading and gank evasion. Its understandable that Riot would want to address this safety if they want Ahri to be a more powerful or interesting champion.
Rexxiee (NA)
: Zoe getting even further nerfed next patch.
Citations needed, because this stuff isn't on surrender@20. She does have a lot of changes on PBE posted there but literally none of them are what you posted. Is this from a Twitter post or something, or are you just making up bullshit? As for the nerfs that actually are there: > Paddle Star (Q) - Paddle Star no longer applies More Sparkles' damage to enemies past the first hit. >Spell Thief (W) - Minions can no longer drop Teleport. >Sleepy Trouble Bubble (E) - [Removed Effect] No longer notes "When an enemy champion falls asleep, Sleepy Trouble Bubble's cooldown is reduced by 10/15/20/25/30%." - Removing Drowsy now prevents the affected target from sleep. This includes effects such as Cleanse, Mikeal's Crucible, or Quicksilver Sash, as well as champion CC removals such as Alistar ult. Honestly none of these address her as a problem. She will remain a powerful pick as long as she has the ridiculous burst potential she currently does. She won't be Olaf'd after these changes, but they're setting her up to be, because that stupid burst will be all she has left, and when they finally address it she'll be garbage. They need to stop beating around the bush with situations like these.
: > [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VJpr75f6,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-02-06T05:29:20.344+0000) > > No, they would have said Skrillex. Skrillex is the face of generic overdone American dubstep. Deadmau5 is the face of prog house. And the difference between the two is?
> [{quoted}](name=Chromatic Eagle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VJpr75f6,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-02-06T15:34:51.951+0000) > > And the difference between the two is? Mainstream Dubstep is the electronic equivalent of a verse-chorus-verse-chorus pop rock song. Rigid structure with absolute focus on catchy refrains. Progressive House songs are slow burners that focus on a few musical ideas for minutes at a time and develop them over the course of many repetitions.
: Can't stand ANY electronic music especially not dubstep. Doesn't anyone listen to music that involves, you know... playing an instrument? Sampling a track and using a computer isn't exactly an original song.
> [{quoted}](name=ShadowbladeTalon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VJpr75f6,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-02-06T05:49:20.357+0000) > > Can't stand ANY electronic music especially not dubstep. Doesn't anyone listen to music that involves, you know... playing an instrument? Sampling a track and using a computer isn't exactly an original song. Its obvious you aren't familiar at all with actual music production techniques, because a massive portion of professional electronic producers use tools that allow for a performative element to their music, whether that's through a keyboard, a launchpad, or any variety of other analog input devices. While there is a ton of nuance to sampling and what constitutes an "original song", the vast majority of electronic songs don't use samples as base for their composition anyway, so I don't know where you come from trying to insinuate that most electronic songs are just other songs sampled wholesale.
: Give me a break, I don't follow that shit, anytime dubstep comes up his is the first name I see mentioned. Sorry I'm not hardcore enough to know all the underground true dubstep creators. Ask a hundred people on the street what name comes to mind when they hear the world dubstep and 99 of them would have said the same thing.
> [{quoted}](name=RedPannda,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VJpr75f6,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-02-06T05:24:35.526+0000) > > Give me a break, I don't follow that shit, anytime dubstep comes up his is the first name I see mentioned. Sorry I'm not hardcore enough to know all the underground true dubstep creators. > > Ask a hundred people on the street what name comes to mind when they hear the world dubstep and 99 of them would have said the same thing. No, they would have said Skrillex. Skrillex is the face of generic overdone American dubstep. Deadmau5 is the face of prog house.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jungle Lux God,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VJpr75f6,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-02-06T05:09:02.817+0000) > > Just because you don't like a genre doesn't mean it's bad. As the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure. > > As someone who does like dubstep I'll admit that there's a lot of bad dubstep out there. It's the genre I have the most of in my collection and it's the genre I end up finding the most for my collection, but it's also the genre I end up rejecting the most because most of it doesn't sound original. Quality Content is right in that a lot of dubstep just reuses the same sounds over and over, but there's also a good deal of dubstep where the artist uses their own sound design in their tracks, and as a result the track sounds unique and the song itself is usually good enough to benefit from the unique sound design. > > The problem is that most popular artists try to emulate their previous successes and make whatever crap they want because they'll make good money off of it regardless and many less popular artists try to emulate the success of the popular artists and make songs that sound like the crap the popular artists are making. The less popular artists that copy the popular artists then overshadow the less popular artists that are actually making some original tracks since everyone hears the popular songs and the less popular songs that sound like the popular songs. > > That sound design issue is largely the reason I've been getting into metalstep over the past few months or so. It still has the structure of dubstep but has more unique sound design. I can't get into metal because I don't like its structure, but its sound design works really well in a dubstep track. https://i.imgur.com/HiUpLHN.jpg[/img] Guess we finally discovered Deadmaus's league character.
> [{quoted}](name=RedPannda,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VJpr75f6,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-02-06T05:11:55.895+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/HiUpLHN.jpg[/img] > > Guess we finally discovered Deadmaus's league character. -> he think deadmau5 is a dubstep producer begone, plebian
: What is your favorite lobe of the brain?
the globe is not real. earth is flat. reject the narrative.
: What if Disney bought Konami?
"maybe if disney bought star wars they'd go back and fix the prequels" ????????
You USELESS (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bultz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Vt1FHMAH,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-01-07T01:39:46.889+0000) > > Yeah, but they dont do any damage to each other this way anyways. How? u just said that they have insane dmg?
Azadethe (NA)
: Can anyone think of a champion pairing where Nasus does poorly 1v1 post level 6 since Ult Buff?
Yeah, the ult buff took Nasus from boring but manageable to straight cancer. Im not sure I've ever seen any champion autowin lane by not feeding pre-6 as hard as Nasus does right now.
: > [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sJgxbO7E,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-01-06T08:48:41.554+0000) > > Its amazing for the Eve player, sure, I remember the good ol' days when games were made to be amazing for the player. Rip.
boy there are nine other players in this game, if you think every champion should be a Zoe-level "fuck you" to the rest of the characters in the game then you should probably find some kind of _singleplayer_ game to play.
: Old Eve was amazing! You could go Crit, AP, Lethality, On-Hit, or just straight-up Tank, and she'd still be useful in her own respective way! The new Eve just forces you to do one thing and one thing only - AP. Boooooo.
But that's not amazing. Its amazing for the Eve player, sure, but all it does for the game is make her hard to balance and muddy her primary gameplay fantasy.
: Champions that scale with AD and AP are good.
off-build scalings are sometimes a good thing, but there are clear times when its not valuable, such as with Old Eve, who's AD and on-hit scalings gave her access to an array of weird builds that didn't fit her theme at all
Show more

Anonagon

Level 87 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion