: > [{quoted}](name=ApocaIypse Meow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEjhneog,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-01-21T04:17:43.001+0000) > > Damn. Why didn't I think of that? maybe monkeys don't possess such a level of intellect : ^)
> [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEjhneog,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-01-21T05:52:28.306+0000) > > maybe monkeys don't possess such a level of intellect : ^) That’s probably it. Hard stuck plat probz
Syrile (NA)
: Well.. the claim that faster, highly lethal play is more strategic is inherently incorrect. The idea that point-and-click death is skill-based is also incorrect. It does require reflexes and pressing keys really quickly but not skill. There was a video that a friend of mine shared with me about "what goes into a solo kill" and that video (and watching Faker play) were the two things that really made me want to play League of Legends. The idea that you had to calculate misplays, misuses of skills, calculate damage vs perfect attacks and summoner spells, etc. It was very tactical and required you to know when and how to trade or all-in. Now, you can literally walk up to someone and with the right champions just auto-attack away with almost no risk because of the way it is setup. Certain champions have so much burst that they can miss skill shots and misuse summoners and still kill you by accident. This is, in fact, removing skill floors from the game and making it a worse game. The decrease of vision in the game is a method to remove strategy. Instead, it is making it outright more dangerous and more likely to get burst down when trying to put up a ward or trying to defend from the burst from early ganks, etc. And that is just one aspect. There are a lot of aspects changed to remove skill floors.
> [{quoted}](name=Syrile,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEjhneog,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-21T07:51:20.176+0000) > > Well.. the claim that faster, highly lethal play is more strategic is inherently incorrect. > The idea that point-and-click death is skill-based is also incorrect. > It does require reflexes and pressing keys really quickly but not skill. > > There was a video that a friend of mine shared with me about "what goes into a solo kill" and that video (and watching Faker play) were the two things that really made me want to play League of Legends. > > The idea that you had to calculate misplays, misuses of skills, calculate damage vs perfect attacks and summoner spells, etc. > It was very tactical and required you to know when and how to trade or all-in. > Now, you can literally walk up to someone and with the right champions just auto-attack away with almost no risk because of the way it is setup. Certain champions have so much burst that they can miss skill shots and misuse summoners and still kill you by accident. > > This is, in fact, removing skill floors from the game and making it a worse game. > The decrease of vision in the game is a method to remove strategy. Instead, it is making it outright more dangerous and more likely to get burst down when trying to put up a ward or trying to defend from the burst from early ganks, etc. > And that is just one aspect. There are a lot of aspects changed to remove skill floors. Well said
: Please learn to employ strategy
> [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEjhneog,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-21T03:28:44.411+0000) > > Please learn to employ strategy Damn. Why didn't I think of that?
: You've never *not* had a huge ass bounty. The only difference is that they clearly tell you what the bounty is + there's bounties for 2 kill streaks because people complained about lacking comebacks. We've always had bounties in this game. Also, I see that people mistake what they think League should be with what League once was. League was never any of the shit you guys want League to be because solo queue players don't think on their actions long enough consistently enough for this to be a thing, and that includes you. All this crying out for strategy, but it's highly unlikely you guys ever bothered with the strategic side of this game, otherwise you'd do so now and you clearly aren't.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEjhneog,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-21T00:36:07.082+0000) > > You've never *not* had a huge ass bounty. The only difference is that they clearly tell you what the bounty is + there's bounties for 2 kill streaks because people complained about lacking comebacks. We've always had bounties in this game. > > Also, I see that people mistake what they think League should be with what League once was. League was never any of the shit you guys want League to be because solo queue players don't think on their actions long enough consistently enough for this to be a thing, and that includes you. All this crying out for strategy, but it's highly unlikely you guys ever bothered with the strategic side of this game, otherwise you'd do so now and you clearly aren't. That’s. Not true. This is the first time your CS is taken into this much account when determining your bounty. Did I use strategy to the maximum possible advantage? No. But LoL is definitely less strategic than it has been, and more geared towards kill kill kill.
Moody P (NA)
: I haven't had any trouble not forcing an endless all in every 2 minutes. Are you sure the problem is with the game?
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEjhneog,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-20T21:14:00.769+0000) > > I haven't had any trouble not forcing an endless all in every 2 minutes. Are you sure the problem is with the game? How will we ever know what youve had trouble with? You only post on a level 7 account.
: Actually, the opposite of everything you said is true. Skill is prevalent in a faster paced riskier game. Less Skill is prevalent in a game where you have more time to think/trade. You can still win the lane through CS attrition. The problem is YOU suck at not being bullied. (You as in anyone who makes this complaint) The Minion kill bounty has always existed. It briefly got taken away at the end of Season 8. That's not new. The only viable strategy is to be the person not dying and prolong your game, find holes in the enemy coverage of the map, and take objectives. Sometimes this means a 50 minute stallout. Bloodbaths invite feeding the opposing team, which ends the game quicker. (Do you see pros bloodbathing?) Riot has changed farming to force players to focus more on large minions. That's not hating farming. That's wanting to train players into better players who understand what objectives are. One Shots generally only happen if you let them happen by either allowing someone free farm (like you should be doing) or if your team hyper fed. Riot allows longer games..... if you let them. Tencent has ALWAYS been Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEjhneog,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-20T21:10:41.263+0000) > > Actually, the opposite of everything you said is true. > > Skill is prevalent in a faster paced riskier game. Less Skill is prevalent in a game where you have more time to think/trade. > > You can still win the lane through CS attrition. The problem is YOU suck at not being bullied. (You as in anyone who makes this complaint) > > The Minion kill bounty has always existed. It briefly got taken away at the end of Season 8. That's not new. > > The only viable strategy is to be the person not dying and prolong your game, find holes in the enemy coverage of the map, and take objectives. Sometimes this means a 50 minute stallout. Bloodbaths invite feeding the opposing team, which ends the game quicker. (Do you see pros bloodbathing?) > > Riot has changed farming to force players to focus more on large minions. That's not hating farming. That's wanting to train players into better players who understand what objectives are. > > One Shots generally only happen if you let them happen by either allowing someone free farm (like you should be doing) or if your team hyper fed. > > Riot allows longer games..... if you let them. Tencent has ALWAYS been Riot. Disagree. Constant all ins and damage meta has nothing to do with skill other than I hit buttons faster or I have the better champion. Skill should be expressed through macro and micro decisions, not all ins, take tower, snowball win @16 min.. CS bounties of this magnitude started in preseason. Tencent bought Riot December 2015
Rioter Comments
: The issue OP is discussing is jungle being forced into less of a 'jungling' role, and more of a 'roamer with no lane' role. The changes make it so that a jungler's power is becoming more-and-more solely based on successful ganks as the ability to stay relevant by utilizing the jungle is being continually whittled away.
> [{quoted}](name=Glaricion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KlooIR8K,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-01-20T00:21:36.013+0000) > > The issue OP is discussing is jungle being forced into less of a 'jungling' role, and more of a 'roamer with no lane' role. > > The changes make it so that a jungler's power is becoming more-and-more solely based on successful ganks as the ability to stay relevant by utilizing the jungle is being continually whittled away. Things Riot hates: farming, laning, vision, and champions being allowed to stay relevant in a way that isn’t a constant bloodbath Things Riot loves: shorter games, one shots, fog of war, constant fighting, Tencent’s money. They don’t care about their core audience anymore. They care about PC Bangs and hentai skins.
: The League community's obsession with 'counterplay' confuses me. Breaks, mutes, etc... are all really cool mechanics in Dota, but would be hard to retroactively fit into LoL. I would think that the 'counterplay' of auras would be the power budget of the item and how they inherently get even weaker than they already have to be when it is effecting less and less people. offensive - Abyssal scepter had a low range of effect to encourage riskier play, and since its effect was in an aoe for the whole team to enjoy its effects were much weaker than its sibling Void Staff. defensive - Old aegis was a fantastic team item, but it also suffered from its value being rather useless on an individual basis. The target would likely either be so squishy that they could be merced, or on a tankier champ it would usually be at the expense of a more offensive item, thus gimping the characters they were put on themselves. New Solari is a pretty neato take on the concept though.
> [{quoted}](name=Glaricion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iltRO6mz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-20T00:28:54.371+0000) > > The League community's obsession with 'counterplay' confuses me. > Breaks, mutes, etc... are all really cool mechanics in Dota, but would be hard to retroactively fit into LoL. > > I would think that the 'counterplay' of auras would be the power budget of the item and how they inherently get even weaker than they already have to be when it is effecting less and less people. > > offensive - Abyssal scepter had a low range of effect to encourage riskier play, and since its effect was in an aoe for the whole team to enjoy its effects were much weaker than its sibling Void Staff. > > defensive - Old aegis was a fantastic team item, but it also suffered from its value being rather useless on an individual basis. The target would likely either be so squishy that they could be merced, or on a tankier champ it would usually be at the expense of a more offensive item, thus gimping the characters they were put on themselves. New Solari is a pretty neato take on the concept though. Great point. Unfortunately, the balance team has repeatedly shown they have no understanding of power budget, and how to disperse power to different parts a of a kit. (I.E. Zoes's Q, ADC Rework Kog' Maw W) If they do pretend to understand power budget in some champion or item designs they tend to give some items and champs a pass by allowing a larger budget than other champions and items. (I.E. New Akali, New Irelia, or dumping CDR into every item and rune path making it too accessible, limiting themselves in one of the only form of budgeting they had left. )
Moody P (NA)
: Conqueror saved the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0AUeWiM7,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-01-17T17:03:32.745+0000) > > Conqueror saved the game. LOL Moody P back at it again with the crazy hot takes
droov (EUW)
: a reason for an unreasonable ban
How is a small, indie company like Riot supposed to know why the suspended your account?
Saianna (EUNE)
: Not even close. CC is fine, damage is not, mobility is not.
> [{quoted}](name=Saianna,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=r3iz6PsH,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-01-08T08:37:40.229+0000) > > Not even close. CC is fine, damage is not, mobility is not. I agree, CC is ok. KNOCKUPS are not. imo
LTK KoRo (EUW)
: Oh yes, the elo shaming, the stuff which only hardstuck diamonds and plats do. If you have nothing relevant to say, stay silent.
> [{quoted}](name=LTK KoRo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ii3H0M3s,comment-id=0001000100030000,timestamp=2019-01-02T23:10:34.362+0000) > > Oh yes, the elo shaming, the stuff which only hardstuck diamonds and plats do. > > If you have nothing relevant to say, stay silent. You literally came in with a hostile comment with ZERO substance. It's not rank shaming, it's pointing out that you may not have the best basis of understanding of how the game SHOULD work after being trapped in low elo for so long?
LTK KoRo (EUW)
: or they just need to realize that 95% of game is fine and most of boards are just an exaggerating crybabies who are too biased to realize how game should work
> [{quoted}](name=LTK KoRo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ii3H0M3s,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-01-02T09:23:21.791+0000) > > or they just need to realize that 95% of game is fine and most of boards are just an exaggerating crybabies who are too biased to realize how game should work Watch out! Mult-season gold letting us know how the game SHOULD work!
: "Just play against your rank" sounds like the worst method of matchmaking ever. If you think everyone in the same rank plays at the same skill level, I have bad news for you...
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a3ri93h4,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2018-12-27T00:23:20.359+0000) > > "Just play against your rank" sounds like the worst method of matchmaking ever. If you think everyone in the same rank plays at the same skill level, I have bad news for you... Then you would climb faster? Of course people at the same rank don't have the exact same skill level, but they should have CLOSE to it. If they don't they're the wrong rank
SEKAI (OCE)
: Identify the background music please
Lilithh (NA)
: Sometimes, I wonder why Rioters no longer respond to us, but the answer has become more apparent.
They don’t respond because they know the boards complaining and suggesting changes to this shitty meta aren’t what Tencent want them to do, so they ignore ir
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: I'm sorry but considering that she takes 1 second to stealth and it doesn't cancel my abilities anymore, my champion is able to respond to her which means I'm fine with playing against that abilities kudos brother
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=z4sKioUa,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-21T15:00:08.653+0000) > > I'm sorry but considering that she takes 1 second to stealth and it doesn't cancel my abilities anymore, my champion is able to respond to her which means I'm fine with playing against that abilities > > kudos brother I'm glad you're cool with it. True stealth still makes me want to gouge my own eyes out, but I feel that way about the game in general now
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: No the reason she's being nerfed is because in the hands of good players she was broken just like Azir in the past now with that nerf she's fine
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=z4sKioUa,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-21T10:07:31.269+0000) > > No > the reason she's being nerfed is because in the hands of good players she was broken just like Azir in the past > > now with that nerf she's fine Her W will never be fine
: Sure, thats how kids solve problems. U dont want to hear that you did a shitty job? Just dont listen. You dont want to hear that ppl are unhappy with what u did to them? Just dont listen. If u dont care fpr your Community at all, then act like riots balancing team. There is no other explaination for a - 5ms nerf, than trolling the players. I dont like it either if someone offers critic for my work, but hell how childish is it to just close your eyes for the Problems entirely. If i cant see it, the Problem isnt there. Thats the balancing teams polocy right now. How would it be to actually BALANCE things , or maybe listen to the Communitys concerns instead? There are reasons for LoL losing players.
> [{quoted}](name=xDelightifyx,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EZAclduk,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-20T19:41:37.375+0000) > > Sure, thats how kids solve problems. U dont want to hear that you did a shitty job? Just dont listen. You dont want to hear that ppl are unhappy with what u did to them? Just dont listen. If u dont care fpr your Community at all, then act like riots balancing team. There is no other explaination for a - 5ms nerf, than trolling the players. > I dont like it either if someone offers critic for my work, but hell how childish is it to just close your eyes for the Problems entirely. If i cant see it, the Problem isnt there. Thats the balancing teams polocy right now. > How would it be to actually BALANCE things , or maybe listen to the Communitys concerns instead? > > > There are reasons for LoL losing players. I idon't know why you're getting downvoted
: I DEMAND MY LP BACK
I DECLARE BANKRUPTCYYYYYYYY!
: if you choose BETWEEN farming and killing, that explains why you're bronze.
> [{quoted}](name=disregardable,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9AOnH7Jv,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-11T11:21:00.038+0000) > > if you choose BETWEEN farming and killing, that explains why you're bronze. This is the comedy I come to the boards for. Someone playing since season 4 and still silver after 400 + games in season 8 calling people bronze
: Tbh that's nothing new. Her W has always been annoying. Even if she's already fucked she can sit in it and delay your kill. Kinda like Lissandra. Aftershock into R into {{item:3157}} into {{item:2423}} is 10s of "you can't kill me". Or Trynd pressing R for 5s of not being able to die. At least Akali can't do anything during that time or she's going to die.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NqRQEEEy,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-12-10T04:56:44.122+0000) > > Tbh that's nothing new. > > Her W has always been annoying. Even if she's already fucked she can sit in it and delay your kill. > > Kinda like Lissandra. Aftershock into R into {{item:3157}} into {{item:2423}} is 10s of "you can't kill me". Or Trynd pressing R for 5s of not being able to die. > > At least Akali can't do anything during that time or she's going to die. That’s the worst thing. About her kit is that she can stalll out long enough for the jungle to assist. So frustrating
Moody P (NA)
: t. didn't punish bad plays and blames the champions
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VwUEuqA6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-10T02:17:56.066+0000) > > t. didn't punish bad plays and blames the champions Moody P back at it again.
: I like how dmg is so high, I can get destroyed by a player 3 divisions lower than me.
This is because there is no fucking trades in lane because damage is so high. Every trade is a fight to the death so you can’t starve out bad players like you used to.
: I know for a fact Dunkey quit playing because of how slow paced the game was. Criticizing the 40 minute games.
> [{quoted}](name=Furgiesan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E6M5nBpl,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-12-08T19:49:49.743+0000) > > I know for a fact Dunkey quit playing because of how slow paced the game was. Criticizing the 40 minute games. And the getting banned for being a toxic asshole thing, and crying because he didn’t special treatment
Pika Fox (NA)
: Welcome back to the boards balance team, where even though theyve been proven to not know how to balance a scale repeatedly, they keep making posts! Cait corki and kalista are all ADCs. Damage adjustments are the general go-to for buff/nerfs. Ornn is too powerful in pro and received numerous nerfs as a result, making him useless in solo play. Nerfing utility and buffing damage is the best option here, as utility is far better in pro and damage is far better in solo.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KYlK8LmE,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-12-08T08:19:11.827+0000) > > Welcome back to the boards balance team, where even though theyve been proven to not know how to balance a scale repeatedly, they keep making posts! > > Cait corki and kalista are all ADCs. Damage adjustments are the general go-to for buff/nerfs. > > Ornn is too powerful in pro and received numerous nerfs as a result, making him useless in solo play. Nerfing utility and buffing damage is the best option here, as utility is far better in pro and damage is far better in solo. Pika Fox tagging back in to defend Riot’s terrible ass balance team
: Wrong rank given
: I have rarely seen a community so entitled as to believe they have the ability, or knowledge to suggest how someone performs at their workplace, and how they should be overseen by their employer. It isnt your place, play the game if you like it, dont play it if you do not. You are the consumer, not the boss of a singular individual.
> [{quoted}](name=Bears Dont Care,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=X5O6aMY2,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-06T18:29:03.395+0000) > > I have rarely seen a community so entitled as to believe they have the ability, or knowledge to suggest how someone performs at their workplace, and how they should be overseen by their employer. > > It isnt your place, play the game if you like it, dont play it if you do not. > You are the consumer, not the boss of a singular individual. Passion isn’t entitlement, and desiring the game to not be an unbalanced shitfest is a good thing. I agree that there are some whiny and entitled posts, but there are also some with really good insights that get ignored by riot because it’s not circlejerk fan art of star guardian pajama pal Ahri skins
Mr Elessar (EUNE)
: Just stop him from breaking the game by introducing things like "true stealth", which erase the purpose of **true** sight.
> [{quoted}](name=Mr Elessar,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=X5O6aMY2,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-06T17:32:14.711+0000) > > Just stop him from breaking the game by introducing things like "true stealth", which erase the purpose of **true** sight. I don’t know why this is downvoted
Moody P (NA)
: Nasus gets buffed way too hard way too often to continue to suck - Small rework?
: Zac Should be Reverted. Riot Please Read!
Myrmiron (EUW)
: I'm only barely D5 so I still feel like I'm shit at the game. At least low elos cannot talk back to me anymore now, for that alone it was worth it getting into Diamond at least. Also posting in Diamond only threads is cool. Edit: I just realized I didn't read your title correctly. 1 thing I noticed climbing from Plat 5 is that games - and more importantly players - actually improved quite a bit. The only reason why I can always bounce up to low Dia is because up until mid Plat I feel like everyone is just inting into me, like I always get lots of kills and stomp games even when playing something trolly like full AP Malphite. The reason why I cannot seem to climb out of Dia 5 though is that around high Plat this inting kills into me suddenly stops and it becomes much harder for me as a jungler to snowball.
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E1m1dmAl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-26T11:11:35.946+0000) > > I'm only barely D5 so I still feel like I'm shit at the game. > At least low elos cannot talk back to me anymore now, for that alone it was worth it getting into Diamond at least. > Also posting in Diamond only threads is cool. > > Edit: I just realized I didn't read your title correctly. > 1 thing I noticed climbing from Plat 5 is that games - and more importantly players - actually improved quite a bit. The only reason why I can always bounce up to low Dia is because up until mid Plat I feel like everyone is just inting into me, like I always get lots of kills and stomp games even when playing something trolly like full AP Malphite. The reason why I cannot seem to climb out of Dia 5 though is that around high Plat this inting kills into me suddenly stops and it becomes much harder for me as a jungler to snowball. Hello! Are you commenting on the correct post?
Pika Fox (NA)
: The hell are you on about? Tencent has no control outside chinese marketing. Riot didnt say damage was too high, they said frontloaded damage was too high. Most runes got their frontloaded damage nerfed and CD reduced as a result. And of course theyre going to not respond to most posts. Have you seen how the boards treats and responds to any post by a rioter?
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EE9FsENu,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-24T14:22:23.357+0000) > > The hell are you on about? > > Tencent has no control outside chinese marketing. > > Riot didnt say damage was too high, they said frontloaded damage was too high. Most runes got their frontloaded damage nerfed and CD reduced as a result. > > And of course theyre going to not respond to most posts. Have you seen how the boards treats and responds to any post by a rioter? Pika Fox tagging back in to suck Riots dick in another post. Do you ever get tired of constantly fellating a company who clearly doesn’t give a shit about it’s community? Only you would think responding with “Riot didn’t say damage was too high they said front loaded damage was too high.” Isn't saying the same thing Lol The board consistently responds with other questions and upvotes to posts. Because Riot legitimately dodges the pertinent questions, however, if I made a post “Oh wow! Look at my personal Star guardian Ahri tattoo” post Riot would immediately respond..
Rioter Comments
ODiiiiiN (NA)
: PLEASE MAKE IT SO YOUR TEAMMATES CAN'T BAN CLAIMED PICKS!!!
If you are 3rd, 4th or 5th pick. And you’re hovering akali. I’m banning because I don’t want to deal with that bullshit. Dodge if you’d like.
Paroe (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=14ButJustBarely,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WrWYMTBk,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-11-22T15:32:32.840+0000) > > The TL;DR of your post is "she is unbeatable for at least 8 seconds every single wave, but that's OK". > > It's not. Running away is still counterplay. Disengaging to reengage is still counterplay. A bad Akali will use her shroud to engage. A bad Akali will use her shroud offensively. A bad Akali will put her shroud in an open place. A good Akali will use her shroud when losing a trade. A good Akali will use her shroud defensively. A good Akali will put her shroud in a place that has multiple escape points. Further, all non-targeted attacks can _still hurt akali_ while shes in her shroud. I dont know where you people picked up this notion that you should be able to right click everything and any time, but it needs to stop. Akali's shroud being such a massive threat is _no different_ from other "you cant kill me" buttons on _much more powerful champions_, which is something i dont think many of you people who blindly hate Akali realize.
> [{quoted}](name=Paroe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WrWYMTBk,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-11-22T16:15:30.676+0000) > > Running away is still counterplay. > Disengaging to reengage is still counterplay. > > A bad Akali will use her shroud to engage. > A bad Akali will use her shroud offensively. > A bad Akali will put her shroud in an open place. > > A good Akali will use her shroud when losing a trade. > A good Akali will use her shroud defensively. > A good Akali will put her shroud in a place that has multiple escape points. > > Further, all non-targeted attacks can _still hurt akali_ while shes in her shroud. I dont know where you people picked up this notion that you should be able to right click everything and any time, but it needs to stop. > Akali's shroud being such a massive threat is _no different_ from other "you cant kill me" buttons on _much more powerful champions_, which is something i dont think many of you people who blindly hate Akali realize. Your New TL;DR This champion offers counterplay, but it’s on the champion making mistakes in play not anything you can do besides cede lane
Malak (NA)
: They sneaked in a stealth in there but that's okay I guess
> [{quoted}](name=Malak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XEyLmMeA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-21T16:28:47.173+0000) > > They sneaked in a stealth in there but that's okay I guess Just a little, but a cool new way!
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=ApocaIypse Meow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=0007000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T14:01:11.936+0000) > > That’s what I said, when the reel–in animation begin it ignores sheilds before then it doesn’t. It makes no sense that the Pyke ultimate ignores sheilds~~~~ before it even hits Post a video of a shield mitigating Urgot's R. I want to see it.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=00070001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-21T00:07:49.447+0000) > > Post a video of a shield mitigating Urgot's R. I want to see it. Once, the ult hits, the sheildnwill prevent the target from dropping below the execute hp.
: > [{quoted}](name=ApocaIypse Meow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2018-11-19T18:21:13.395+0000) > > Urgot Ultimate does not ignore shields before the reel-in animation starts Yes it does...... The target will die regardless of their current health once the second cast's chains hit, even if they are healed by Wish (which can affect untargetable allies) _** or have a shield that persists the duration of the channel that places them above the health threshold.**_ It's even in the official Wiki.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=000700010000,timestamp=2018-11-19T22:45:23.758+0000) > > Yes it does...... > > The target will die regardless of their current health once the second cast's chains hit, even if they are healed by Wish (which can affect untargetable allies) _** or have a shield that persists the duration of the channel that places them above the health threshold.**_ > > It's even in the official Wiki. That’s what I said, when the reel–in animation begin it ignores sheilds before then it doesn’t. It makes no sense that the Pyke ultimate ignores sheilds~~~~ before it even hits
: > What does it matter if it's just one or two champions? Bullshit is bullshit. Maybe you should make an argument so that I can listen to it? Simple. You got counterpicked. And you have absolutely no clue on how Execute works at all. Not due to logic, but due to your stubbornness. > You bitch and moan about tank top viktor when he's just 1/141 champs. It doesn't matter how many champs have bullshit mechanics, it doesn't make it right to have bullshit mechanics. Cz my case is widely complained by many others & even Riot agrees with this and thus nerfed him. Yours on the other hand is just an immature tantrum since it didn't happened the way you wanted.
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=000b000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T20:25:04.278+0000) > > Simple. You got counterpicked. And you have absolutely no clue on how Execute works at all. Not due to logic, but due to your stubbornness. > > Cz my case is widely complained by many others & even Riot agrees with this and thus nerfed him. Yours on the other hand is just an immature tantrum since it didn't happened the way you wanted. 1. Viktor is just a "counterpick." (albeit a bullshit counterpick because of a toxic kit towards top laners) 2. I UNDERSTAND how an execute works, I disagree with it rewarding the wrong kind of gameplay, and celebrating bullshit mechanics. 3. Why are you so hostile? It's not a tantrum, and I feel like you being so condescending is the only "immature" part of this thread. It's my opinion, on what I feel is a legitimate problem with the game, you clearly don't agree, but I don't really see any substance to your argument. It seems like it's just, "because thats the way it is"
: > [{quoted}](name=ApocaIypse Meow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=000b000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T18:20:28.975+0000) > > Again, I should be rewarded for blocking a big ability with my ult not punished because of some bullshit mechanic. The whole point of Shen ultimate is to reduce damage and block major abilities before he comes in and turns the fight. You have no argument other than don’t block the ultimate. That’s a non-point. If I use my ultimate any earlier he would’ve died before I got there because of how small the shield would’ve been. Once again, I timed it perfectly and was punished for it. He was rewarded by a shitty mechanic.Shen ultimate is already in a bad spot because of all the Extreme damage in the game now. It’s one more unnecessary nerf to tank gameplay. A bullshit mechanic that only **2 out of 141 champions utilizes**. Take a moment & read this to yourself. There's really no point in repeating myself the same points to you since my words will just go in from one of your ear & out from the other.
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=000b0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T18:26:16.225+0000) > > A bullshit mechanic that only **2 out of 141 champions utilizes**. Take a moment & read this to yourself. There's really no point in repeating myself the same points to you since my words will just go in from one of your ear & out from the other. What does it matter if it's just one or two champions? Bullshit is bullshit. Maybe you should make an argument so that I can listen to it? You bitch and moan about tank top viktor when he's just 1/141 champs. It doesn't matter how many champs have bullshit mechanics, it doesn't make it right to have bullshit mechanics.
: All "Executes" bypass shields when performing their roles. Executes are instant deaths or damage enhancements that occur when a target is within the condition of HP levels. Urgot's R ignores shields. Pyke's R ignores shields. Evelynn's R ignores shields (when calculating whether it's going to do double damage or not....... which when you have a 1300 damage ult...... might as well be an execute, and because the feature acts like one, it's technically called one)
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-11-19T02:01:50.077+0000) > > All "Executes" bypass shields when performing their roles. Executes are instant deaths or damage enhancements that occur when a target is within the condition of HP levels. > > Urgot's R ignores shields. > Pyke's R ignores shields. > > Evelynn's R ignores shields (when calculating whether it's going to do double damage or not....... which when you have a 1300 damage ult...... might as well be an execute, and because the feature acts like one, it's technically called one) Urgot Ultimate does not ignore shields before the reel-in animation starts
: > [{quoted}](name=ApocaIypse Meow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=000b0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T14:13:36.498+0000) > > So I should not play my champ as intended and get maximum results from my abilities because Riot likes to circle jerk true damage and executes? It’s just another example of rewarding the wrong kind of play. In this scenario I’m punished for using shens ult to bait out a key ability. Again, you should've ulted her before she hits the HP execution threshold. You could've prevented anymore incoming damage & Pyke will be forced to use his ult as a secondary damaging ability, thus still wasting his ult usage. Second, you're complaining just because 1 Support manages to counter your ult. If it were Draft Pick, you could've probably pick another top laner to counteract against Pyke.
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=000b00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T14:21:10.936+0000) > > Again, you should've ulted her before she hits the HP execution threshold. You could've prevented anymore incoming damage & Pyke will be forced to use his ult as a secondary damaging ability, thus still wasting his ult usage. > > Second, you're complaining just because 1 Support manages to counter your ult. If it were Draft Pick, you could've probably pick another top laner to counteract against Pyke. Again, I should be rewarded for blocking a big ability with my ult not punished because of some bullshit mechanic. The whole point of Shen ultimate is to reduce damage and block major abilities before he comes in and turns the fight. You have no argument other than don’t block the ultimate. That’s a non-point. If I use my ultimate any earlier he would’ve died before I got there because of how small the shield would’ve been. Once again, I timed it perfectly and was punished for it. He was rewarded by a shitty mechanic.Shen ultimate is already in a bad spot because of all the Extreme damage in the game now. It’s one more unnecessary nerf to tank gameplay.
: > [{quoted}](name=ApocaIypse Meow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T14:04:12.650+0000) > > She definitely did, but I should be rewarded for timing my ult and getting maximum sheild amount. If that’s the case then don’t have Shens ult increase based on missing HP and then punish me for timing it well. All this just because of 1 Support champion whose kit does what it's suppose to do? A pretty ridiculous reasoning if you ask me. You probably should've ulted a lot earlier before Ashe hits the execution indicating HP.
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=000b000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T14:05:58.900+0000) > > All this just because of 1 Support champion whose kit does what it's suppose to do? A pretty ridiculous reasoning if you ask me. You probably should've ulted a lot earlier before Ashe hits the execution indicating HP. So I should not play my champ as intended and get maximum results from my abilities because Riot likes to circle jerk true damage and executes? It’s just another example of rewarding the wrong kind of play. In this scenario I’m punished for using shens ult to bait out a key ability.
: > [{quoted}](name=ApocaIypse Meow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-11-19T13:48:26.942+0000) > > Garen and Darius’s don’t Both aren't executes. They just do a fuckton of damage.
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T13:49:40.412+0000) > > Both aren't executes. They just do a fuckton of damage. I thought bother were missing HP executes. Or maybe the “old” version of what was considered an execute
: > [{quoted}](name=ApocaIypse Meow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-11-19T13:54:26.482+0000) > > Like right here.. I bait out Pykes ult and make a nice play as Shen. But I get punished for it. > > https://youtu.be/gaylOX0SNWQ I don't know if Spectator Mode is suppose to show the Execution Color Icon on the player's HP bar, but if it does in-game, then Ashe must've been in execution HP-range & Pyke's ult is suppose to ignore the shield.
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-11-19T13:59:42.214+0000) > > I don't know if Spectator Mode is suppose to show the Execution Color Icon on the player's HP bar, but if it does in-game, then Ashe must've been in execution HP-range & Pyke's ult is suppose to ignore the shield. She definitely did, but I should be rewarded for timing my ult and getting maximum sheild amount. If that’s the case then don’t have Shens ult increase based on missing HP and then punish me for timing it well.
: Even then, it still makes no sense. Health shields literally block **damage of any kind.** DoT. Flat. Doesn't matter, it blocks it. Because it's considered extra health. If the shield puts you over the execute rating, it shouldn't be counted as an execute, because it's extra health you're getting, even if just for a short time.
> [{quoted}](name=Ranmaru Kurosaki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvHi8iZj,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-18T22:02:36.369+0000) > > Even then, it still makes no sense. Health shields literally block **damage of any kind.** DoT. Flat. Doesn't matter, it blocks it. Because it's considered extra health. If the shield puts you over the execute rating, it shouldn't be counted as an execute, because it's extra health you're getting, even if just for a short time. https://youtu.be/gaylOX0SNWQ
: Why pyke R can bypass shield?
Like right here.. I bait out Pykes ult and make a nice play as Shen. But I get punished for it. https://youtu.be/gaylOX0SNWQ
Show more

ApocaIypse Meow

Level 129 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion