: Prestige Valiant Riven Splash Art Update PLEASE
It looks good but its basically an entirely subjective change so Riot doesn't have huge motivation to change it.
AQA473 (NA)
: Swain says that? ~~shuffles off to write down lesbian headcanon for fiora~~ Someone mentioned Jihn earlier. I guess it was canonized (word of god, of course) but then I said that he's a psychopathic serial killer and that he's not really the best ace/aro rep for that reason. You're right, any number of champions could be ace, and this post is my argument for Nidalee. I might make one for another champion in the future. My eye's currently on Kai'Sa because she passed by my league displays while I was writing my post and it got me thinking.
> [{quoted}](name=AQA473,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0GmEMgzE,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-09-21T04:14:55.678+0000) > > Swain says that? ~~shuffles off to write down lesbian headcanon for fiora~~ > > Someone mentioned Jihn earlier. I guess it was canonized (word of god, of course) but then I said that he's a psychopathic serial killer and that he's not really the best ace/aro rep for that reason. > > You're right, any number of champions could be ace, and this post is my argument for Nidalee. I might make one for another champion in the future. My eye's currently on Kai'Sa because she passed by my league displays while I was writing my post and it got me thinking. And a lot of people don't want to accept it but Fiora probably is a lesbian/ace. Some people (try to) interpret as she just has more important things to focus on in her House, as she is very ambitious. However he says: > "She's spurned so many suitors. A wonder they did not see why." Swain steals **secrets**. Her being an ambitious women is not a secret. And everybody knows she is ambitious, the suitors would have seen this and acknowledged it. Her being a lesbian/ace though, that could be a secret the suitors did not pick up on. Jhin being asexual isn't technically canon as far as I know. Lots of people accept it as such, and he probably doesn't have any desire for sex or relationships, but I don't think its actually canon that he is ace. And sure its not great representation, but not all ace characters need to be good rep. Unless its like the majority of ace characters are bad to the point where ace is associated with bad. I like the work and thought you've put into this, but I don't know if your going to get a lot of constructive or positive responses on the boards unfortunately. Any time someone brings up sexuality a lot of people like to whine about _**"But what if its forced!??!"**_ as an excuse to dismiss sexuality as a character trait. If you do make another post about something similar to this, you might need to cater a bit more to the board's sensitivity to the topic.
: I don't care about champion sexuality if it's just a sidenote. Xayah and Rakans for example are a pair, it's not just a sidenote. Their sexuality is a big part of their personality. What I don't care about (and don't really want to see because what's the point?) is weird sidenotes like: "Oh, Neeko is a lesbian btw". If their lover doesn't bring anything relevant to their lore or character then just don't disclose their sexuality. If Xayah and Rakan were just hunting partners then their sexuality would be a completely irrelevant point of information. Take Varus for example. He exists as some weird being between a Darkin and a gay couple. The story explains what happened and it's good like that. (even though changing his sexuality "just because" was a horrible decision imo). So basically: If their sexuality brings anything to or explains something about the character I'm fine with it. But otherwise, what's the point (goes for any kind of sexuality, before I get crucified here)?
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NeYQhZiJ,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-09-21T10:18:31.781+0000) > > I don't care about champion sexuality if it's just a sidenote. > > Xayah and Rakans for example are a pair, it's not just a sidenote. Their sexuality is a big part of their personality. > What I don't care about (and don't really want to see because what's the point?) is weird sidenotes like: "Oh, Neeko is a lesbian btw". > > If their lover doesn't bring anything relevant to their lore or character then just don't disclose their sexuality. If Xayah and Rakan were just hunting partners then their sexuality would be a completely irrelevant point of information. Take Varus for example. He exists as some weird being between a Darkin and a gay couple. The story explains what happened and it's good like that. (even though changing his sexuality "just because" was a horrible decision imo). > > So basically: If their sexuality brings anything to or explains something about the character I'm fine with it. But otherwise, what's the point (goes for any kind of sexuality, before I get crucified here)? I mean there are champions whose sexuality aren't really important but are discussed. Camille didn't need to have a boyfriend, her lore could have been 99% the same without it. And thats fine to me, because we get all sorts of unimportant information that does not matter at all like Kai'sa likes peaches and Jax likes eggs.
Ñaofumi (NA)
: Because theyre usually dumb topics and just mental masturbation threads if I were to see them. *Garen thinks Taric is great* "GaY sHiP confirmed?"
> [{quoted}](name=Ñaofumi,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NeYQhZiJ,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-21T06:39:25.302+0000) > > Because theyre usually dumb topics and just mental masturbation threads if I were to see them. > > *Garen thinks Taric is great* > > "GaY sHiP confirmed?" You can't just label a whole topic as a dumb circle jerk. I mean you can but it is entirely baseless. Your referencing a troll's spam efforts, and then generalizing all discussions of sexuality as if they are equally silly.
: I don't think it really matters so discuss away. I do get annoyed by the people who say "x group isn't represented yet" or "when are we getting an x champion?" Let the people at Riot do their jobs while you do yours. Requesting a specific champion or asking why something doesn't exist is dumb.
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NeYQhZiJ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-21T05:46:25.876+0000) > > I don't think it really matters so discuss away. I do get annoyed by the people who say "x group isn't represented yet" or "when are we getting an x champion?" Let the people at Riot do their jobs while you do yours. Requesting a specific champion or asking why something doesn't exist is dumb. Why is it dumb to request a specific type of champion? Sure its not likely it will influence Riot to make it, but what is wrong with people asking for a old hag champion? And what is wrong with someone asking for a champion whose sexuality they can relate to?
: Or reference to the others of Aurelian Sol's kind that have yet to be revealed in lore, but are Canon. Here is a direct quote from A Sol's Universe page, which you think is the only source of lore. "He clashed with other cosmic entities, some of which he had known since the dawn of time." OTHER COSMIC ENTITIES. A Sol is a Cosmic Dragon, thus other Cosmic entities would be his siblings. Proven wrong. Try again.
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jy9AAMvu,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T21:48:39.978+0000) > > Or reference to the others of Aurelian Sol's kind that have yet to be revealed in lore, but are Canon. > Here is a direct quote from A Sol's Universe page, which you think is the only source of lore. "He clashed with other cosmic entities, some of which he had known since the dawn of time." > OTHER COSMIC ENTITIES. A Sol is a Cosmic Dragon, thus other Cosmic entities would be his siblings. > Proven wrong. Try again. Apparently I never sent this reply so its a bit late. [But nope. Rioters confirmed it was a reference to a non canon idea they had during development. You've got a theory that your trying to establish as a fact.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/cfEdVAJd-welcome-to-the-aurelion-sol-qa?comment=003e0000) Anyways though, if you can get past your rather pretentious behavior, I can provide quote after quote that isn't canon or an emote. > {{champion:39}} to {{champion:114}} "Nice technique. I miss your old hair though. Why'd you change it?" This is a reference to Fiora's haircut being changed when she got reworked. It is not a part of the universe. Even if Irelia and Fiora met, she wouldn't know about that, because after Fiora's rework she always looked like that and never had been previous Fiora (in universe). If this quote _were_ cannon then that would somehow mean Irelia and Fiora know each other for a significant amount of time (they have never met in lore, Fiora won't even leave her House for the mage rebellion).
AQA473 (NA)
: Asexual Nidalee - An Argument
I mean I'd totally be cool with her being asexual. Maybe tie into her being detached from humans. Unfortunately a lot of people can't stand discussion about sexuality so your going to be fighting an uphill battle here on the boards. I think there are other good candidates that aren't canonically asexual but are prime candidates for it like Jhin (who was theorized/suggested to be by a Rioter) and Fiora who is hinted to not be attracted to men by Swain.
: Such a long post to say "i want an asexual champion, and Nidalee fits the deal" But... there is an asexual champion already... {{champion:432}} In other hand, Nidalee in the old lore was canonically straight and dated a human male. Considering what happened with Varus, i dont think that Riot should change the already stablished sexuality of a champion again.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0GmEMgzE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-21T01:34:11.156+0000) > > Such a long post to say "i want an asexual champion, and Nidalee fits the deal" > > But... there is an asexual champion already... {{champion:432}} > > In other hand, Nidalee in the old lore was canonically straight and dated a human male. Considering what happened with Varus, i dont think that Riot should change the already stablished sexuality of a champion again. Bars isn't really what anyone is talking about when they talk about an asexual character. It'd be like saying Blitzcrank is asexual, which he technically is, but only because he has no purpose or desire for sex. Nidalees current lore doesn't mention this unimportant male at all, and people honestly shouldn't care considering how unimportant the now retconned man is. Additionally, she can still date and be attracted to a man as an asexual women. Asexuals still seek out romantic relationships, so it wouldnt even invalidate the man she dated in the no longer canon lore nobody cared about.
Jaspers (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=zounet,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lRkzzBVk,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-18T10:46:39.091+0000) > > can you share the source of the leak pls? https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/QXrrE4Es-new-champion-leaked Unlikely a Darkin, Riot have said their next champ is an untraditional ADC. whatever that means.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lRkzzBVk,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-18T11:23:50.560+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/QXrrE4Es-new-champion-leaked > > Unlikely a Darkin, Riot have said their next champ is an untraditional ADC. whatever that means. She's probably just a caster ADC with a weird mechanic.
: Why not, for the 10th anniversary of LOL, make a "Classic Skin" Map?
Probably too much work to organize, create, and finish in less than a month.
Andlrsky (NA)
: the new skins
I don't understand what your trying to say.
: This thread isn't about canon relationships or ships in general. This is about which champions have crushes and on who.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eu7mOtca,comment-id=00010002000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T23:39:28.219+0000) > > This thread isn't about canon relationships or ships in general. This is about which champions have crushes and on who. Yeah I realized that like right after I sent it.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jango Mage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eu7mOtca,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2019-09-19T15:23:23.631+0000) > > According to Lux’s quotes they have never even met. Ezreal x Lux used to be an official ship. Then Riot changed it. And by that I mean they completely destroyed it. Now it's Ezreal having a crush on Lux, while Lux insists that they've never met and just overall shits on him. Way to go, Riot. I guess Lux just has to fall for a ripped half-naked guy who is like 15 years older than her, is a raging prisoner, a manipulator who exploited her, and a mass murderer, because of course she does. Umm hmm.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eu7mOtca,comment-id=00000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-09-19T15:28:34.838+0000) > > Ezreal x Lux used to be an official ship. > > Then Riot changed it. And by that I mean they completely destroyed it. Now it's Ezreal having a crush on Lux, while Lux insists that they've never met and just overall shits on him. > > Way to go, Riot. I guess Lux just has to fall for a ripped half-naked guy who is like 15 years older than her, is a raging prisoner, a manipulator who exploited her, and a mass murderer, because of course she does. Umm hmm. Ezreal would be a pretty shitty boyfriend for her to be honest. And Lux x Sylas isn't even something Riot has pushed.
Terozu (NA)
: Literally all but Eve and Lux/Sylas are 100% confirmed canon...
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eu7mOtca,comment-id=000100020001,timestamp=2019-09-19T23:05:15.130+0000) > > Literally all but Eve and Lux/Sylas are 100% confirmed canon... Edit: I realized this is crushes and not relationships. Woops. Illaoi-Braum isn't a canon crush though because they haven't met. Lux and Ezreal aren't in a relationship. In fact Lux's new VO suggests she doesn't want to be in one with him. Heimerdinger being shipped with science is a joke. Tristana and Rumble is outdated and they were never a couple, Rumble just had a crush on her. His lore is so outdated we don't even know if the crush is reliable info. Illaoi and Braum have never met. She likes strong men, that's the it. Zoe and Ezreal can't be a thing. Katarina and Garen are not confirmed canon anymore than Jinx is confirmed Vi's sister. That means literally only Xayah and Rakan are confirmed canon out of that entire list of uncannon ships.
: Once again you can't read. Those were all quotes first, THEN CONFIRMED. Until they were confirmed, we didn't know. You are in fact wrong.
How does that change the nature of quotes? Your cherry picking that some quotes revealed canon info, but you can't assume that applies to all quotes. It literally doesn't matter that they were quotes first then confirmed because your jumping to conclusions if you think that says anything about other """teaser""" quotes.
: Give me one. You say there are non emote quotes that aren't canon? Prove it. And yes, as I said jokes do not count.
Swain, when stealing A Sol's soul says something to the effect of "What's this about siblings?". This is a reference to Aurelian Sol's developmental process and has nothing to do with him having canon siblings.
: If said champion was made after the lore update, its canon. Jokes will be jokes, but taunts and other voice lines are canon. Examples of what we know is canon from in game taunts and quotes: Illaoi and Gangplank were once a couple Neeko is lesbian Varus is a Darkin We didn't know those things until it was said in in-game quotes.
There are plenty of non emote quotes that aren't canon. All your examples have been confirmed outside of quotes in multiple places as well.
: So then Varus isn't a Darkin, Neeko isn't Lesbian, and Gangplank and Illaoi never dated. Oh...except those are truths. And we only know them from in-game quotes. Essentially ingame taunts and quotes (for the champions that have been made/remade/recieved a new VO after the lore change) are Canon. Maybe they haven't "met" but if they met that is what they'd say. Thus, it is Canon, They just haven't told the story of it yet.
This is again, wrong. Varus has like a fuck ton of official lore entries that say he is a darkin. Neeko was confirmed lesbian by a Rioter and was confirmed to be attracted to Nidalee in her lore. Gangplank and Illaoi have also been confirmed outside of quotes.
: From modern voice overs, the quotes are not canon in the sense that the quotes actually happen in the lore. **BUT** they are canon "what ifs". Meaning that **if** these champions would have an encounter in the lore, then they would say these things to each other. That's why people tell you that Garen x Katarina is going to be a thing in the lore, even if they haven't met in the lore yet. Because other champions, like for example Tahm Kench, who sees your desires and offers you to fulfill them, have quotes that are directly stating that these 2 are in love. These quotes are not memes, they are hinting stories which happened which we don't know about yet (like the whole connection between Jinx, Vi, and Warwick) or foreshadowing stuff that is bound to happen in the future.
We can't really say Garen x Katarina is canon though even with the few teases it has because those are simply just teases. Although as far as I know, I thought quotes were usually canon but not confirmed canon unless done so directly by official lore or a Rioter. So those quotes might not ever be canon. Especially considering there are many quotes that aren't even canon 'what-ifs'.
FSRER (EUNE)
: Some are, some are not. There are champions talking about summoners that are obviously out-dated and then you have ones that do not fit the champion's lore ({{champion:53}} and {{champion:61}} for example). Then of course, there are ones that will always be canon like {{champion:203}}, {{champion:83}} {{champion:14}} etc Tldr, it depends on the champion
However by default no quote is confirmed canon, unless specified, even if most quotes most likely are canon.
: Yes it is. If they aren't official, why are there so many voice lines to them, some made in the last month! They wouldn't put so much effort into making voice lines to them if it wasn't official. And before you try to say "voice lines aren't lore" they are indeed. Else Neeko isn't gay, Varus isn't a darkin, and Gangplank and Illaoi never dated. (which we learn from in game voice lines)
It's not official because it's a joke/tease Riot has been overdoing. Like all their other joke/teases. Swain referencing Aurelian Sol's siblings is a tease towards his development process, not any actual lore. I didn't say voice lines aren't lore. I said they are by default, until specifically specified otherwise, not canon. Neeko is gay, we know this because her lore confirms she crushed on Nidalee and Riot explicitly stated she is a lesbian. Her quotes support this, but they are not inherently canon or hard evidence. Similarly, your Varus example is terrible because his lore is so very explicit about him being a Darkin, while Garen x Katarina have literally no canon lore saying they are a couple.
Terozu (NA)
: Statistics show that surviving _anything_ that gets the heart racing causes higher attraction. It's why horror movies are the recommended first date. This is literally _proven_. And it's official Riot stuff even if it was scrapped.
Yes that's a proven fact but it means very little by itself. I'm not arguing the fact isn't true. It's official Riot work but it's also as uncannon as the Blitzcrank x Skarner fanfic I found, which is to say entirely.
: We aren't trying to convince you. We're telling you the truth as Riot has said.
Except it's literally not canon and was technically never been confirmed even in the old, retconned lore. They aren't even related on the Universe site. Riot never said Garen x Katarina is canon, that is a lie.
Terozu (NA)
: Yes, yes it is. Romance forged in the fires of desperation. Surviving a situation like this together literally creates chemical love in your brain.
It's not a romance story because there is no romance in it. It isn't canon either, basically fan fiction. And most people who survive traumatic events together do not fall in love with one another.
: Yeah....no. Katarina and Garen are one of the confirmed relationships in League, full stop, end of story. If quotes are “what if this character met this character” when tahm offers to take them to each other, that obviously means that kat and garen have met, and that if tahm met either of them hed offer to take them to each other because that is their deepest desire. And name me another romantic story more popular than Romeo and Juliet.
As I already told you, quotes aren't canon by default. That includes the Tahm Kench quote which is quite old now. If Katarina and Garen really were each other's deepest desire, and a confirmed relationship, you would think they would at least be related on the Universe site. But they aren't. Hell Ryze is related to a bunch of champions he met once just cause they are in his cinematic, but _literal lovers Kat and Garen arent_???? Not to mention that Riot has never confirmed this in lore or out of lore. I didn't say Romeo and Juliet wasn't popular, I said it was an unhealthy and weak relationship even if it had beauty in it.
: Take it from a guy who lost 80lbs in 8 months... If you don't like your body? It YOUR FAULT and no one else's! Eat healthier and less. Go for walks or jogs. Do pushups and situps. No one likes obeasaty and they never will! We are genetically wired to be repulsed by poor health! And no amount of PC whining or fat models are ever going to change that! Take responsibility for your own actions! You will be A LOT happier!
> [{quoted}](name=BlackEyesBlue,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cQlgkH8N,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-09-18T17:07:29.634+0000) > > Take it from a guy who lost 80lbs in 8 months... > > If you don't like your body? It YOUR FAULT and no one else's! > > Eat healthier and less. Go for walks or jogs. Do pushups and situps. > > No one likes obeasaty and they never will! We are genetically wired to be repulsed by poor health! And no amount of PC whining or fat models are ever going to change that! > > Take responsibility for your own actions! You will be A LOT happier! Fat used to be the ideal for women in many cultures. Of course we shouldn't glorify obesity though. And most people have control over their weight, at least. Most people won't physically be able to achieve what some characters in League have though.
: League is not about average people. It is about LEGENDS. Extraordinary people. It isn't wrong to strive to be better than what you are. That is a good thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Yordle Gunner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cQlgkH8N,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-18T07:35:33.028+0000) > > League is not about average people. It is about LEGENDS. Extraordinary people. It isn't wrong to strive to be better than what you are. That is a good thing. Yeah but that doesn't mean everyone has to be hot. Riot makes some characters hot who shouldn't be.
Midg3t (EUNE)
: > I'm starting to question where goes all that profit from skins... Riot acts like they're in bankruptcy and desperate. No they're just still acting like a "small indie company".
> [{quoted}](name=Midg3t,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cG7AnpnU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-18T11:45:36.835+0000) > > No they're just still acting like a "small indie company". Why do people always quote this like it's something Riot actually said?
: They are the Romeo and Juliet of league. Two lovers on opposite sides of war who meet up, fall in love, but cannot be together because their families/countries hate each other. To say their story isn’t romantic is to say that Romeo and Juliet isn’t romantic.
Except for the part where Garen and Katarina have never met and there isn't currently any more romance between them then there could be between Quinn and Talon. Garen and Katarina are only implied through quotes but quotes aren't canon unless specified so, they are a 'what if X met Y' at best. The cinematic worked on for them wasn't canon and they aren't even related on the Universe site. Like there isn't even a single story or comment from a Rioter that confirms they even know the other exists. Also Romeo and Juliet was a pretty fucked up relationship to base further relationships on.
WardMyBüsh (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=RiOzxqsR,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-17T21:37:43.698+0000) > > My problem is that your buddy couldn't even make up a convincing fake compliment. maybe he is but if hate this you can vote nig on my post and go report me or dislike or whatever you want and i will not blame you cause evrybody got the right to do whatever they want maybe he is kissing my ass maybe he do like it you don't have the the right to flame him !
I'm not flaming him by stating how simple the thumbnail is in response to his love for it.
Sukishoo (NA)
: People are always mad at the smallest of things. They hated the new Riot logo and now they hate on this one. I personally find both of them quite alright.
Or people just have different opinions?
: Nah people just hate change and flame for no reason. Also people like to think that this is their anniversary present, which it isnt. They just wanted to modernize the logo like everything else and chose this was a good time to plan it.
You seriously think people are upset for no reason? Not even a stupid reason, but no reason? There are several valid (and largely subjective) reasons people have provided that you don't need to disregard to be right. The old logo was much more iconic and stylized, so of course people are going to miss it. Especially when Riot is so adament about replacing perfectly or arguably more functional parts of League with more modern and minimalistic replacements.
WardMyBüsh (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=RiOzxqsR,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-16T18:30:46.247+0000) > > The thumbnail is literally just the splashart with basic bold text over it. and what exactly is your problem ?
My problem is that your buddy couldn't even make up a convincing fake compliment.
: Because the position requires you to be a soulless psychopath and anyone who can bond with an animal is highly unlikely to be a psychopath.
Kled made it work. Besides it's fantasy, that's a silly reason to not let it happen.
Bultz (NA)
: Make a movie(s)
"Noxus" is a bit too broad of an idea to make a movie off of. Mordekaiser returns and the city trembles in fear as its leaders have to figure out what to do to stop the unstoppable might be a stronger pitch if you want to convince people.
: Mecha Sol is a good skin, I don't know why people need to shit on it like r%%%%% because "HURR TOO MANY MECHA SKIN RITO". It is good, yes it is not some fanart skin with new theme but it is a good skin. Also don't spread BS about A-sol, he is one of the favourite VISUAL champ in NA, yet he is also among the lowest. And Sol isn't hard to pick-up, he is different for sure but play some game with him and he become very easy to play/understand, he is no lee-sin or Riven kind of technity. He is just different/weird, kinda like singed.
I appreciate the part where you put words in my mouth and used a slur to describe the way people criticize a skin. Just kidding that was entirely unnecessary to communicate your point. > HURR TOO MANY MECHA SKIN RITO An oversaturation of mecha skins doesn't make the skin bad. > Also don't spread BS about A-sol, he is one of the favourite VISUAL champ in NA, yet he is also among the lowest. Lowest what? Playrate? Well yeah. He looks and sounds amazing. I didn't say any bull shit about classic A Sol, only that he is hard to pick up and Riot has neglected him in terms of content. > And Sol isn't hard to pick-up, he is different for sure but play some game with him and he become very easy to play/understand, he is no lee-sin or Riven kind of technity. He is just different/weird, kinda like singed. Statistically, he is hard to pick up. People who try him out do poorly and dedicated mains have found success with him, but only after getting good at him. The Mecha skin is bad for a lot of reasons though. The color choices are interesting, but ultimately don't convey he is a dangerous combat machine or his grand ego effectively. The stars orbiting him are cool in concept but would fit more on an Alien Invader Sol skin, and look rather silly in execution. His particles aren't impressive and lack variety, mostly just whispy greens and oranges. A big issue with it is that his animations don't translate to mechanical machine well, as he coils, turns, and attacks in a very organic way. His tail also was clearly rushed, and when paired with the textures of him and his star, leave him looking more like a big action figure than an imposing machine menace. But in honesty the skin wasn't a good selection for him anyways. There are numerous other concepts people have thought up that work much better, with his animations and his theme. From Deathlord, to Chinese Dragon, to Ao Shin style Sol, there were plenty of other ideas that would have merged with his dragon model/animations much better.
: I feel like a lot if not all the new world-building tidbits from this book will eventually find it's way into the wiki, a complely accessible and 'skip any price tag' encyclopedia.
Certainly, but there are other reasons to buy the book.
: well done i love the thumbnail too
The thumbnail is literally just the splashart with basic bold text over it.
WardMyBüsh (EUNE)
: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, Rakan Montage S9 Support Montage #8
I always love seeing people inflate their posts with upvoted and comments as soon as it comes out.
: How large is the Glorious Evolution?
Considering how there are many people with augments, basically anyone who is or works for a wealthy person, its probably a pretty big deal. The only thing is that Viktor lives in Zaun and isn't a well known hero or a notorious Chem Baron, so he might not be super well known even if his science creates big ripples. Camille most likely knows about him because thats basically her job, to keep tabs on the big players of the cities.
: The popular champions stays popular no matter their power state, they still remain their playrate even if they're gutted
This isn't true for a lot of popular champions. Many/most lose lots of their playrate if they aren't doing good.
: "Only" 3 months to think of a goddamn concept? 3 months to come up with a fucking concept is more than long enough. It's not getting the champion ready for play, or even the initial coding. **Just the idea of what the fuck to do with her**. Assuming a month is 4.5 weeks, that means 13.5 weeks of time, for 67.5 workdays, for 540 total working hours. That's not counting weekends or time he's off work but still trying to think of a concept, and that's assuming he works 8 hours a day for 5 days a week. Even if he just spends an extra 10 minutes a day trying to think of the rework (which isn't terribly unlikely), that's another 15 hours (and 10-20 minutes, depending on whether or not he spends that extra time before or after work). 555 hours. For a full release, that'd probably be a very short amount of time. For a proof of concept that's probably reasonable. For a concept? That's not "not any time". That's more than enough to come up with a fucking **idea** of what to do with the champion. Not even specifics, just an idea.
I'm pretty sure the 3 months was to find an idea, play test it, code it, and finalize it because they had ideas for new abilities in game and recorded. Either way though, calm down buddy.
: Also, there might be an inverse relationship. The more skins and attention you give a champion the more popular they become.
: > [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PAEEsOvZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-15T01:31:43.657+0000) > > That HAS to have been either Mecha Sol or Dunkmaster Ivern. There's just no other answer. Or a similarly flopped release a longer time ago. It's hard to say considering it's just a "Well made skin". The question is was it well-made or was it well-received? There are definitely things to dig into but man, it's super hard to tell.
Perhaps Riot considers all their skins "well made skins".
SSmotzer (NA)
: Well I wanted to give his kit things that would reflect his new lore. Him being incompetent and often failing so hard at being evil he often ends up helping the very people he was trying to kill. > it was difficult to tell whether these acts were malicious or actually reasonably helpful So I made his passive and Q clumsy on purpose. Although the passive does share some similarities to Karma in some respects, as her passive refreshes the cooldown on her ult with every auto attack. And just like with Karma, people chose to build her with ap, so her abilities deal damage instead of being spammed. And what's wrong with giving him a more powerful version of Sol's passive? Plenty of champions have the same ability but just at different power levels. Although I don't see a problem with Veigar building a Nashor's Tooth. Now that his E can be used for mobility, much like with Lissandra's E, he isn't vulnerable without his raw damage. And just like Lissandra, he would use his E to blink into the fight and cast his ultimate. His ult would be more like terrain, so allies couldn't hide in it. Plenty of champions can build attack speed while their kit has hardly anything to do with attack speed. There's nothing wrong with giving champion's flexibility in their builds. I would have swapped the his W and Q, but people seem to complain when you suggest moving abilities around. His W would probably be more for farming than anything else. It's real damage comes from spamming the ability during his E. It could probably clear a whole wave of minions. Not to mention it can refund E's cooldown, meaning you can spam his cages, giving him a little more control of the battlefield and mobility. His E had to be powered down to increase it's flexibility. Sure Veigar can't lock someone down as effectively, but now he is pretty mobile. I think the trade off is worth it. Like, imagine Veigar casts E on the dragon wall and his whole team just walks through. Or someone flashes over a wall and Veigar drop his E as they flash, blinking them right back to Veigar. I think you're underestimating the power of forcing people to blink. I wouldn't say any of Veigar's "bonus" effects are negative. Just weird. Like, he could summon hostile wolves in one of his Es. Or maybe his allies who walk through his E becomes giant, or his W lights bushes on fire, revealing everyone in them to both teams. Or everyone becomes a chicken. Randomness isn't bad, just something that has to be monitored, and if it doesn't work out they can always remove it.
> Well I wanted to give his kit things that would reflect his new lore. Him being incompetent and often failing so hard at being evil he often ends up helping the very people he was trying to kill. Incompetency and helping your enemies are not themes you want to portray in a champion, even in small ways like you did. > So I made his passive and Q clumsy on purpose. Clumsy abilities are never good, even if it reflects the character. They should still feel good to use, that is the ultimate goal. > And what's wrong with giving him a more powerful version of Sol's passive? Plenty of champions have the same ability but just at different power levels. I suppose your right. I have more of an issue with his Q making him exclusively a mini Aurelion Sol because he can't use the rest of his kit during it. If he could use the rest of his kit, then it would be like all the other champions who have similar abilities to other champs. > His ult would be more like terrain, so allies couldn't hide in it. The only way I can see this working is if the terrain of the meteor is, by itself, quite small, and the explosion is what gives it a big AoE. If you make the meteor terrain too big, there would be all sorts of issues from it forcibly knocking enemies away from Veigar (not what he wants) to blocking allies behind him off from the fight. > His W would probably be more for farming than anything else. It's real damage comes from spamming the ability during his E. It could probably clear a whole wave of minions. Not to mention it can refund E's cooldown, meaning you can spam his cages, giving him a little more control of the battlefield and mobility. Its such an awkward band aid to a jarring issue imo. I really think you need to give him an ability that replaces the basic attack function at least for minions and champions, if not towers too. And I really, really think you should reconsider asking people to break their keyboards because they need to smash W 6 times under 2 seconds every time they cast the spell. There is literally no reason to have them manually input the ability 6 times when you can have the computer do it, especially considering the player will want to cast it the max amount of times, every time. > I think you're underestimating the power of forcing people to blink. If I'm trying to chase Veigar down, all I have to do is walk into the side of the gate opposite of him, and it teleports me towards him. The ability not only has the potential to let enemies get where they want to quicker, but it also gives them a free blink to make them simply just harder to hit. Moving enemies needs to have a more direct use, like hooking them in for the kill or knocking them away to disengage. The way his E works, sure it can potentially be helpful, but I can think of so many situations where it is literally nothing but a tool for enemies to utilize. The mobility it offers his team is very strong and interesting actually, perhaps too strong, but it honestly should just be its own ability at this point. Even in your flash scenario, any player who has fought Veigar for more than 10 minutes will figure out to just use the gate the opposite way then carry on doing whatever they were doing. > I wouldn't say any of Veigar's "bonus" effects are negative. Just weird. I personally think that random and unclear effects like those would just cause frustration and be weird. Not a fantastic way to sell the chaotic failure mage theme your going for. > Randomness isn't bad, Sure, and given most of your random effects seem to influence the gameplay very minorly, that might not be the worst thing. But players don't want to have to guess what their ability will do. Players don't want to lose because Veigar just by chance lit up the bush they were near and got found. You need to ask yourself if making effects a roll of the dice is really worth the potential damage it does to how people enjoy the gameplay.
: > [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=8E1MEMma,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-09T03:51:51.033+0000) > > So apparently I hit the cap for a boards comment, but thats really all I had to say. Explore who this character is more and focus on selling his fantasy. There's a lot to improve but that just means there's a lot of potential. Okay, I read all of what you said and also took some Ideas from Discord and this is what I got so far (Im getting ready for bed) 1. Book of Will will problably be named to Grimoire of Truth to fit an idea i have. 2. Julius wont use this Grimoire of Truth as much, instead the power from his Words are his own, and he uses Grimoire of Truth adds Depth to his belief/will And here's a rough example of the new abilities. According to the Power Budget. [P] Knowledge- Julius gathers the mana consumed nearby to unleash the power of your Grimoire. Once fully charged, the Grimoire opens, allowing you to read the spells within for some seconds. This empowers all your basic abilities. [Resource] Julius is a Manaless Champion, sort of. His mana is capped at (x), growing with levels. His Mana Regen and Mana Spent from champion around him fill the Bar until Max. Applying [P]. [Q]: Acerbic Voice: Julius lets out a assertive shout at a target. Dealing Adaptive Damage to the target and those around it, silencing everyone hit. This ability is not a projectile and is unblockable. The Cool Down on this ability jumps up to 2 seconds after using [W,E] even if it was off cooldown. [W]: Words of Assurance: Julius affirms words of protection in front of him in waves for 3 seconds. Each wave grants allies X shield (stacking). Whatever champion is currently "Favored" gains the buff Unstoppable as well. Julius can walk but cannot attack or cast spells during this channel. [E]: Bestow Blessing" Active: Heals target for (x) and Buffs them with 'Favored'; if they are not already affected. Innate: After activation, the targeted Ally is buffed with "Favored" until another Ally is selected or Julius dies. Favored targets' have Healing and Shielding from all sources further increased by (x)%. And I still have to think about a better Ultimate. But I figure it would have to have it's own Cool Down, as well as have a Full Resource Bar (Like Shyvana) Thanks again for your time.
Late response but this sounds like you've got a nice direction! You may want to consider simply giving him a completely unique resource if your going to change the way his mana functions so much, but that depends on how much you change it. Sounds good! I like the glowing mana bar to indicate your in "The Mode".
: Ex-Rioter Stellari on the Divide between Unpopular and Popular skin sales
That is indeed insane, but I doubt most unpopular skin sales are _that bad_. Stelari is most likely not lying when she says there is a huge difference between popular and unpopular skins, but this is not a good representation for that difference. And I will continue to partially blame Riot for champions being very unpopular. Of course your going to barely make any money off a skin like Mecha Sol when the skin is poorly done, poorly picked, for a champion that is very hard to pick up, and also completely neglected by Riot.
SSmotzer (NA)
: [Rework Concept] Veigar, the Calamitous Count of Chaos
Hey Ssmotzer. Not entirely sure what your goal for this rework was, aside from giving him a bit more counterplay and room for enemies on his abilities, which you probably overshot. Anyways, I hope some of this feedback is useful. I don't agree with how strongly you are willing to change a champion's identity but I do respect your perseverance with posting concepts. So I'm going to mostly ignore how i feel on if this fits Veigar, and mostly on how it works as a kit. > Passive - Baleful Strike: Veigar's basic attacks charge up Vaigar's staff, but do not launch projectiles or deal damage. The fourth basic attack will cause Veigar to launch a slow, but powerful projectile towards his attack target, dealing bonus magic damage and applying 4 on hit effects at once to all enemies in it's path. Okay I think this passive honestly breaks him and not in a way that makes him too strong. This passive suggests he build attack speed, but his other abilities suggest he is a mage. If he is supposed to be basic attack oriented, you need to commit the rest of him to that further, otherwise take out the incentive for him to build attack speed. Anyways this passive most likely could never work in its current iteration. Unless you give him a Karthus Q or Cassiopeia E style ability to effectively cs with, this would destroy his ability to farm and make him super vulnerable to harassment early on. You can't take away such a basic function of champions without giving him a tool to replace basic attacks. > Q - Phenomenal Evil Power - Passive: Whenever Veigar kills an enemy, he collects their soul and holds it in his gauntlet, increasing his ap. The size of the energy ball in his hand is based on his ap. There is no maximum size. > Primordial Burst - Active: Veigar becomes Disarmed, Silenced, and Slowed as he begins to spin his staff in the air, causing the ball of energy he has collected to begin to spin around him, slowly expanding outwards from him as he spins his staff. The ball will continue to spin around Veigar for 6 seconds. The ball will deal magic damage to all enemies it touches, dealing reduced damage for striking the same unit multiple times. Recasting this ability will return the ball to Veigar's gauntlet. I think I might like this, as a concept, but the wording is pretty confusing. Anyways, I don't like that Veigar has a spell which prevents him from doing anything but slowly walking for 6 seconds. If his Q was actually strong enough to warrant ignoring the rest of his kit for 6 seconds, then the rest of his kit must be pretty shitty in comparison. Additionally, this ability feels like "become Aurelion Sol for 6 seconds" more than its own ability, which isn't really valuable. > W - Dark Matter - First Cast: Veigar calls a mass of dark matter to fall from the sky which lands after a 2 second delay to the target location, dealing magic damage to all enemies hit. > Star Rend - Second Cast: While the dark matter is falling, this ability can be recast 1/2/3/4/5 times, based on level, dealing a small amount of magic damage to all enemy units within Veigar's Event Horizon. For each enemy champion damaged by Star Rend, Event Horizon's cooldown is refreshed by .5 seconds. Actually quite interesting, but there's two issues. First is that literally 0 people will want to mash their W key 6 times just so they can make sure they get the most out of the ability. Evelynn's button mash works because she doesn't have a 2 second timer on hers, there is a delay between each press, and she only does it 4 times total. The second issue is that this ability will be very hard to land now that you've taken away Veigar's stun on his E. > E - Event Horizon: Veigar forms a cage around the target location which materializes after a 0.5 second delay and lasts for 3 seconds. Enemies that touch the side of the cage will be blinked to the inside of the opposite side of the cage. Allies who touch the cage will blink to the outside of the opposite side of the cage. Each unit can only be blinked by Event Horizon once. I don't understand this change. Perhaps you were inspired by the proto E he had in development, but this ability is useless on enemies and a support ability for allies. Literally all an enemy has to do is walk to the opposite side of the cage they want to go, and then they will blink to the side they wanted to be at, and can continue to walk out of the cage towards their tower or whatever. So it might slow them down for a brief moment if they aren't paying attention, but this ability would quickly become useless as the community learns it can teleport them in the direction they want to go. The ally effect is neat but its a support ability, which doesn't make sense for Veigar. He shouldn't have such a strong ability for mass team mobility. > R - Chaos Reign: After a brief delay a meteor of pure chaos will fall on Veigar, granting him invulnerability but rooting him, while dealing true damage to all enemies it hits. For 6 seconds a large image of Veigar will hover over the meteor. Primordial Burst will be instantly cast and not interrupt Veigar's other abilities. Veigar's Baleful Strikes will be instantly recharged after every attack, and his abilities will have reduced cooldowns and added bonus effects. These effects are almost always beneficial... usually. The meteor can be attacked and destroyed, ending this effect early and briefly stunning a now vulnerable Veigar. I'm not a huge fan of Veigar's current ultimate, but I can't say this is a good replacement. Chaos Reign just seems so contradictory. First, in his strongest moment of power, he can't move. He relies on you staying within reach. But also, your asking for a squishy mage to jump into the middle of a team fight. Additionally, Veigar basically has a huge shield with a huge hitbox. Does this mean allies can just hide inside the meteor's hitbox, making it hard/impossible to kill them and impossible to hit with projectile skill shots? Or does the meteor act as terrain? Because that has a plethora of problems as well. The random effects don't sound good either, RNG has to be done carefully and in moderation. The fact some of these random effects are negative is worse. At its core though, I'm not sure chaos is a fitting theme for Veigar. As of now, hes a comical Yordle sorcerer with some kind of astral magic. Your new E and R for Veigar suggest he uses chaos magic and likes to mess with reality to confuse and distort his foes. But that doesn't fit Veigar's lore or the other half of your updated kit. While your E and R support a chaos mage, your Q supports a necromancer, and your W pushes his current astral magic into an almost celestial kind. This disconnect, between what kind of mage he is, is definitely something I would try to fix because it hurts the overall value of the design. Anyways, hope this helps. You got some interesting ideas and mostly I would look at the general cohesion of your design (is he a mage or a basicattack champ? does he collect souls or rend the stars?) and think about how realistic the effects you give him are (is a caster mage really going to build on hit/attack speed for his passive? do people really want to destroy their W key as they smash it over and over?).
: That's a wild exaggeration, since every champion has a devoted fanbase/playerbase. Even the "ugly" ones.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PKdxnTHZ,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T14:13:39.875+0000) > > People like to assume extremes when people make champion suggestions like this. Like how suggesting an old lady champion means we want a senile bag of wrinkles who can barely walk/is confined to a wheelchair, or like how suggesting more unattractive champions means we want a fat, acne riddled weirdo. Looks like you called it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PKdxnTHZ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-13T04:11:35.322+0000) > > Riot is allergic to women over 30 and has a very narrow view of what it means to be feminine. Almost every female character fits within sexy seductress, powerful sorceress, kind helper character, young prodigy figuring out the world, or femme fatale. Its unfortunate because as you pointed out there are so many other facets of femininity that branch out further. You can have a young protective mother, or a fierce mama bear mother, or an old grandmotherly figure. You can have physically capable female characters that aren't muscle hunks like Illaoi too. > > Like imagine Urgot's fantasy: cruel, imposing, ugly cyborg dictator with 6 legs. You would **never** get a female equivalent of that. Not even Rek'sai fits this bill because they totally dropped any trace of her being female in her appearance. I'm talking about a women who is clearly a women, but whose beauty and humanity has been perverted or messed with to the extent Urgot's appearance has. Kai'sa was an opportunity for this but they went the safe, generic way. That's cause no one wants to play an ugly chick.
Now maybe you are incapable of seeing value in characters that don't give you boners, but there most certainly are other people who can appreciate a women who isn't an anime waifu.
Show more

Arakadia

Level 80 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion