: > [{quoted}](name=Arkon567,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=knTzbYPB,comment-id=000000030000,timestamp=2019-07-13T02:04:39.478+0000) > > As i said, only people with similar ranks can join that match. So there could not be a extreme example such as that. That's probably too restrictive for it work. The player entering will be coming in with quite a handicap. In any event, let whatever program be tested in norms for a few months.
Thank you for the feedback. I have always had concerns about being too restrictive with this program. Although it think because rank involves loss/gain of LP, it need it be. As for the handicap of joining an unknown game, there is is a multitude of solutions i have in mind for that. First, most players would be able to adapt rather quickly and feel out the game. The second idea, was more or less something I am just spit balling off some people at the moment. It includes players who queue for this program to be faced with a list of games and the DC/RQ champions. They would see them listed from top priority to least, generated through a simple algorithm. (DC/RQ duration, game time, etc.) Allowing the summoner to pick who game best suits them to step in. There are some obvious drawbacks to this, and I believe it would need to be extensively tested before consideration. (As i said, just an idea at the moment, not intended as a launch feature)
: The reason this works in FPS games is because you aren't taking over someones character...their character is removed from the game and your character gets added in. You aren't using the old players stuff...you are using yours. And since the Champion remains and it takes gold to buy items (since you start literally with nothing at beginning), it just doesn't work. The concept is nice do not get me wrong, but the execution will be poor no matter what you do unless: 1. You can put in your selected champion (blind so you can't just choose a counter). 2. Get added in at the level of the quitter/leaver. 3. Have their accumulated money to make your own builds at that stage of the game. 4. And as mentioned...around the same MMR/Rank as leaver.
Thank you for your feedback, and your concerns. There actually is living proof this does work, although it might not be as detailed as The Hero Program. In Dota 2, you can take control of a DC'd/RQ'd teammate at any time, allowing it to continue as a 5v5. It is very common for people to micro them at mid to high elos, and especially in ranked. They use their items, their build, and so forth. It works beautifully, unfortunately not everyone likes/has the ability to micro manage another champion. That is where i believe having another person step in to take over could really improve the game for everyone. I have dabbled with the idea of generating a clean slate for the temp joining the game. Calculating the net worth of the player who DC/RQ, giving it to the temp, and starting them at their level. (With the same champion) I believe this would allow too much confusing and counter play potential. Such as, if the enemy team already build a certain way to fight a distinctive build, such as people who can go AP or AD.
: I didn't mention the fact that many players who will substitute the guy who is afk will also jump on champions they might haven't even played once. So even if in higher elos this is less than an issue, in lower elos this is so impactful that the tempporary guy might as well be the guy who literally solo lose a game you could win 4v5 (sometimes you can win 4v5 with better macro and comps in lower elos).
I have addressed your first concern in a couple other replies, so my apologies for copy pasting. "Of course the feature of being able to queue for roles and champions you are only comfortable playing would be nice. But I believe it would dampen the response time for available players to step in. With enough people queuing for the program, it would no doubt be a welcome feature." As for the second concern, a well founded one that hits home. I have recently won a couple games where a teammate leaves, and it turns into a 4v5. Obviously not optimal conditions, but we made due. A goal of this program is to limit the amount of those situations occurring, i still would have had a better chance with that 5th, even though we won with 4. In your example, a person who is stacking up deaths and leaves, their slot can still be very beneficial to the team. I appreciate your concerns and feedback!
: lol that sounds nice but i doubt riot would try to code that, knowing they're a small indie company, i don't think they could handle it
Thanks for the feedback! I have already discussed this with a professional software designer, and worked out a generalization of how much effort it would take. With a majority of whats needed already in the game, (Surprisingly more than what we thought) the implementation would be swift and mostly simple. I also appreciate the "small indie company" meme joke, was a good laugh.
: While this sounds good on paper it could lead to unfun situations and could also start a new trend of "troll" players. Imagine someone who just ints 4-5 kills on purpose putting himself so behind that when the guy who joins temporary can't even walk out of fountain given how useless he is compared to his opponent. Would you queue for something like this? Keep in mind that when you take over the game you might also get flamed instead of the guy who just trolled the game on purpose. I don't think this solution is viable given the fact the community of LoL is just bad.
I understand your concerns, although i believe your example is an extreme one. This program would help that trolls victims, and benefit the summoner stepping in. In that extreme condition, it would still be a relief to have a level headed player take his place. Also if the troll left then the feeding would stop. This program is to help people in need that are victims to leavers/DCs. Trolls are going to be around no matter what, this system just dampens their influence. While the temp might not be entering the best of conditions, they are still be rewarded for their time. Given the incentive of rewards most players I've talked with about this, (There's been a lot) have stated they would gladly opt into it. Think about from others perspective, your example becomes reality in your game. You have this toxic, feeding troll in one of your lanes. Games off to a bad start and it feels like a 4v5 uphill battle on ice. The troll decides to leave the game, as you said. A player from this program takes his place, a competent, level headed, player turns this into a 5v5 uphill battle. Of course we cant reverse what the troll did, but it is still fixable. There have always been turn arounds in MOBAs. Would you feel better in a 4v5 after the troll left, or a 5v5 with a non troll teammate ready to help? Yes, i would definitely queue for The Hero Program. I have always wanted to help people in games, whether it be in MOBAs, MMOs, FPS, or even board games. This can be utilized as a great tool for others to do just that. I was hoping you could elaborate on how i would get flamed for taking over. I don't see how i would get flamed for filling in, seeing as how my teammates would know i'm not the original player. I even spoke with a member of Riot on this, and they liked the idea. Saying that they could already hear the announcer say, "A hero has connected!" . As for the community, an unfortunate circumstance. League is known for its community, a lot of us would like to see changes made, and i believe this can spark that change. Thank you for your response and feedback.
: I had the same idea myself, after only a few weeks of play: that a "fill" queue could be implemented, and tested in norms, at least. I think that actually a lot of people would be interested in participating, tending towards higher mmr players. And especially if they could remain anonymous. If you ever start an open custom game, it's all the same guys who are prowling those and wandering into every open lobby. Worthy of testing, anyway. It could also be opt-in: the players could agree to opt into afk insurance, with the understanding that they might not be able to return to a match if they dc.
Thank you for the reply! I did think over the opt in portion a bit. I believe the "afk insurance" could be a bit of a problem though, as many would want to recconect to the game. It would instead place the original player, (after loading in) into a spectator mode briefly. That way they could get a feel for whats going on, then retake control once the temp has left combat. Thank you for the support and the reply!
: > [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=knTzbYPB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T02:26:50.029+0000) > > Ok... who in their right mind is going to go to a LOSING game? Also this would just unbalance the hell out of the match since suddenly a challenger player could take place of an iron player and unless the game is far off the challenger player is bound to steamroll the enemy. > > This is not even mentioning that the people who join would have no idea what their rune setup would be or who they are playing before they start loading into the match. They will also have no idea how unwinnable the match even is. What is the point of joining a match when the enemy is already pushing to your nexus with baron buff and half your team already dead? This is something that would be dead on arrival just based on how few people would even queue up to be in such scenarios right off the bat. Your second sentence answered your first one.
> [{quoted}](name=True Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=knTzbYPB,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-07-13T01:40:15.913+0000) > > Your second sentence answered your first one. As i said, only people with similar ranks can join that match. So there could not be a extreme example such as that.
: I don't know what good I'd be able to do in a situation that would require a stand-in player, but sign me up! I don't see Riot implementing a system like this anytime soon (but I really hope they will). {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
Thank you for your reply and your support! I believe this could also be a great way for players to expand their horizons and definitely improve their in game skills. With improving and adapting to situations fast, it could easily help shape summoners into better players!
iamblamb (NA)
: I'd queue for this. It's fun to go into a challenging game, and I accidentally DC'd the other day when my house lost power (thunderstorm). It would be cool if you got a special emote for winning X amount of games as an honor-fill.
Thank you for your reply and your support!
Midg3t (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Arkon567,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=knTzbYPB,comment-id=000b000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T20:23:44.977+0000) > > I believe your perception of this program might be a bit off. It is designed to help players in need, and of course not everyone will want to do it for free. That is the direct reason why the rewards system will be implemented. Although some games might not be the perfect fit for each person, it will definitely benefit the community overall. Having someone to help cover your teammate/friend while they are DC'd can mean all the difference. Also, support to some is an undesirable role, and yet we still get a lot in our ques that are not auto fills. > But rewards wont be worth the effort. Thats an issue. Im assuming you got this reward idea from csgo's OW system. Successful cases can give you extra xp. Extra xp means faster lvling. Each lvl up will give you a drop. A drop can range from a shitty 3 cent case to a skin worth of 200 euros (for example this is what you can get from drop, i just hope the info is correct https://csgostash.com/skin/1035/SG-553-Integrale) So just the fact you can earn a lot of money is motivating players to do OW cases. And besides that it boosts your Trust Factor (TF). Higher TF = more quality games Plus, you help the comunity by banning players who are ruinning games (cheaters, griefers). As you can see, OW system rewards players in a way that has a big impact. Rewards in your system dont have that mate. > Again, the player queuing for the program will be compensated for their time with rewards equal to their efforts. The LP gain/loss preventative measures are there for good reason. For ranked queues, the player entering the game through The Hero Program queue did not take part in the starting phases of the match. He was not there for rune selection, summoner spells, and Champion selection. So a win/loss wouldn't be fully under his/her control. The decision making process of those phases are core to the ranked system and the strategy of the game. > And if youre planning on using the honor system to pick players with proven good conduct, how would it work when the honor system resets? So what makes you think players will willingly play ranked in place of some1 who rq, while not getting LP if they bust their asses to win the game? What will motivate them to actually try and win the game if they wont be rewarded properly?
> But rewards wont be worth the effort. Thats an issue. Im assuming you got this reward idea from csgo's OW system. Successful cases can give you extra xp. Extra xp means faster lvling. Each lvl up will give you a drop. A drop can range from a shitty 3 cent case to a skin worth of 200 euros (for example this is what you can get from drop, i just hope the info is correct https://csgostash.com/skin/1035/SG-553-Integrale) So just the fact you can earn a lot of money is motivating players to do OW cases. And besides that it boosts your Trust Factor (TF). Higher TF = more quality games Plus, you help the comunity by banning players who are ruinning games (cheaters, griefers). As you can see, OW system rewards players in a way that has a big impact. Rewards in your system dont have that mate. I have not played CSGO in years, and did not base this concept on that. Although with the little i know about it, and based on what you told me, it seems to be a system that works. > So what makes you think players will willingly play ranked in place of some1 who rq, while not getting LP if they bust their asses to win the game? What will motivate them to actually try and win the game if they wont be rewarded properly? This question might be my fault, i gave you an open ended answer and i should've been more specific. When i stated "Again, the player queuing for the program will be compensated for their time with rewards equal to their efforts." , the equal for the efforts is mean to include the extra responsibility of ranked. Ranked queues mean greater risks, greater rewards. I believe a lot of players would like a way to help the community while earning more Honor rewards and other such goodies! I appreciate the feedback and questions.
Midg3t (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Arkon567,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=knTzbYPB,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T18:35:06.631+0000) > > That's the reality of playing MOBAs, some games are an uphill battle. No game is ever 100% lost. I'm sure your have made plenty of comebacks from the brink of defeat before! The point of the program, is to give those teams a fighting chance at the game, having someone step in, so it is no longer a 4v5, can really turn the tide, and or raise overall morale of the game. Even if the game seems beyond saving, you still will be rewarded standard rewards for playing it out, (Blue essence, EXP, loot crates ETC.) including the reward of helping others! > tbh, assuming most of the time you would hop in place of some1 who rq, you would be most likely behind in cs/score/items/etc. And players have this "never surrender" mentality, which would result in you playing probably lost game for a while (idc about your no game is lost mentality i played this game for 6 yrs i can see when the game is lost, especially in this season). It would cause a lot of frustration, and for what? some xp and BE? Thats too low of a reward buddy, unless we're talking about getting key fragments or a major boost in honor lvl > I have discussed this exact problem in multiple other replies, of course the feature of being able to queue for roles and champions you are only comfortable playing would be nice. But I believe it would dampen the response time for available players to step in. With enough people queuing for the program, it would no doubt be a welcome feature. The motive behind joining this queue wouldn't be just to help people, but the sweet rewards for it too! This example you gave is also worst a case scenario, and should not be represented as a majority of what you'd be getting into. > Biased perspective. Support is not a rly popular role, so naturally it's the role you often get autofilled into. And ofc players arent happy with that so what happens then? they rq. Ofc it wont be a majority of cases but it will be a rly common case. At the same rime, people wont choose to help out in a game where they need to play support, again, from behind. > As for ranked, LP should not be a concern for summoners joining the program. LP should neither be gained or lost during their time helping out. It will only be available to those who fit the correct parameters to join the ranked Hero Program queue. With higher stakes, and higher rewards, i believe this to be a welcome feature amongst the ranked community. It would also be better to have someone helping, filing in for your DC'd teammate, rather than trying to win through a 4v5. > w8...you rly think players would waste their time to try and win a most likely lost game, just so their teammates can get LP while you would get...no LP? Good luck with that. > As for the abusable part, that is a great point. As many things in League of Legends, and life, there are many places for people to abuse the system. That's why the honor system can help remedy that, allowing players with proven good conduct to help in these tense situations. As for there being little to no reason, I believe there's plenty of big reasons to do this. It will provide a tool for people who want to help out others, while also giving rewards to those no so interested in helping. With the end product being a better experience for players stuck in what feels like a helpless game. No these thing you mentioned arent a good reason. Again, unless there are some rewards which actually has some impact, it wont be worth the time. And if youre planning on using the honor system to pick players with proven good conduct, how would it work when the honor system resets?
> tbh, assuming most of the time you would hop in place of some1 who rq, you would be most likely behind in cs/score/items/etc. And players have this "never surrender" mentality, which would result in you playing probably lost game for a while (idc about your no game is lost mentality i played this game for 6 yrs i can see when the game is lost, especially in this season). It would cause a lot of frustration, and for what? some xp and BE? Thats too low of a reward buddy, unless we're talking about getting key fragments or a major boost in honor lvl I understand where you're coming from, and those were just example rewards. It would not be my place to decide rewards, although i do agree they should be decent for your effort. With this program, i believe honor progress should be rewarded, and the rewards should include, but not limited to, Blue essence, EXP, Loot crates, Key fragments, and orange essence. > Biased perspective. Support is not a rly popular role, so naturally it's the role you often get autofilled into. And ofc players arent happy with that so what happens then? they rq. Ofc it wont be a majority of cases but it will be a rly common case. At the same rime, people wont choose to help out in a game where they need to play support, again, from behind. I believe your perception of this program might be a bit off. It is designed to help players in need, and of course not everyone will want to do it for free. That is the direct reason why the rewards system will be implemented. Although some games might not be the perfect fit for each person, it will definitely benefit the community overall. Having someone to help cover your teammate/friend while they are DC'd can mean all the difference. Also, support to some is an undesirable role, and yet we still get a lot in our ques that are not auto fills. > w8...you rly think players would waste their time to try and win a most likely lost game, just so their teammates can get LP while you would get...no LP? Good luck with that. Again, the player queuing for the program will be compensated for their time with rewards equal to their efforts. The LP gain/loss preventative measures are there for good reason. For ranked queues, the player entering the game through The Hero Program queue did not take part in the starting phases of the match. He was not there for rune selection, summoner spells, and Champion selection. So a win/loss wouldn't be fully under his/her control. The decision making process of those phases are core to the ranked system and the strategy of the game. > No these thing you mentioned arent a good reason. Again, unless there are some rewards which actually has some impact, it wont be worth the time. And if youre planning on using the honor system to pick players with proven good conduct, how would it work when the honor system resets? Thats a good question. After the honor reset players with previous good standing will meet the prerequisites to join The Hero Program queue again. The same as how the client stores rank from the previous season. Thank you for your feedback
Exin0 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Arkon567,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=knTzbYPB,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-07-12T05:45:39.283+0000) > > Thank you for your feedback, the honor system is a already implemented feature that could help determine who qualifies for this program. As for the matchmaking nightmare, the similar rank system protects against that, only bringing in people who could've been placed in the game in the first place. > > Also as i stated in another reply, there could be a system to queue for roles and champions that you are comfortable filling in as, although i think it would do more harm than good. It would most likely increase response time to leavers, and thus dampening the efforts of the program. With enough players queuing though, it could be implemented flawlessly. People hate auto fill so why not use it as punishment for leavers and afkers, mandatory autofill kick in after numbers of leaves and stay there for a time and if you want torture make it all this fill player together into game this also make less probable for normal player get autofilled
I agree with your solution, and im sorry for saying the forbidden words. That's what DOTA 2 does, i liked their punishment system. Players with constant reports got placed into a "Low priority queue" , which would only match them with players with the same bad conduct. It is a great deterrent and weeds out the toxic players in the community. Thank you for your reply and feeback!
: I don't think anyone would want to take over what can probably be considered a much done game and possibly in a champion/role they dont like or care to play. Easier solution is to become more law and order about AFKs and leaving. Punishments should be harder, and cut off points for temporary and permanent bans need to be in better place.
I understand your concerns and agree with you on some aspects. A big point i believe your missing is the compensation, although a match might not be what your ideal fill in is, your still getting rewarded. I can not decide what the rewards will be, but rewards should be equal to your effort. It might be unpleasant for some to join a match as someone you don't play, but it would be a lot better knowing at the end you are getting a chance at receiving nice rewards! Also, i did touch on your first statement in a couple other replies, so my apologies for copy pasting. "Of course the feature of being able to queue for roles and champions you are only comfortable playing would be nice. But I believe it would dampen the response time for available players to step in. With enough people queuing for the program, it would no doubt be a welcome feature. The motive behind joining this queue wouldn't be just to help people, but the sweet rewards for it too!" Thank you for your feedback!
Klonoa128 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Arkon567,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=knTzbYPB,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-12T02:08:29.477+0000) > > I have been playing MOBAs for many years, they have always had their many ups and downs. A certain "down" with League of Legends has always stuck out, players leaving/AFKing. I have come up with, what i believe to be a good solution to this problem. While also being beneficial to victims of leavers, players wanting to help, and people who accidentally lose connection. > > The solution is simple, allow summoners with good honor status to queue for a game in need of help. When their queue pops, they are brought into the in progress game to take over for the player until they return, or the game finishes. Providing this Summoner with compensation for their time, as per a normal game. (Blue essence, chance at loot crates, EXP etc.) > > This will solve many problems at once i believe, providing summoners with a pure motive to gain and withhold a good honor status. All while helping players in need! Honors mean a lot to some of us summoners, along with sportsmanship, I know that these players could utilize this as a tool to help grow and strengthen our community to its best potential. > > There are many details that i will take time to go over, such as leavers in Ranked, which to many is infuriating. Losing a game due to a leaver, then watching your LP drop feels like being kicked while your down. This program with give players that helping hand they need, to get their team back on their feet and fighting for that Nexus! While many players would love to help in such situations, the problem is their potential in such games. In my opinion, summoners who want to queue for this program, have the option to opt into ranked queues as well. They must have a similar rank, and should be able to compete on their level. This is to avoid leavers being replaced by what would feel like a smurf, and high ranked players from feeling sand-bagged. > > The honor system is crucial to this program, these summoners will be dropped into a already hectic or tense situation. Summoners with proven commendations of honorable game play would be best fitted to be the stand in. They have shown reliability, sportsmanship, and overall good conduct. > With this program, we could grow our community even stronger, and prosper together! Requires some tweaking but it would be a nice idea... - rewards should be both big and given only if you win, to prevents trolls from queuing for easy money - lp loss should be prevented both for the team and the hero (really riot ... A fuckton of years and we still lose lp cause the fifh guy was an a-hole, this is beyond bad) - an anti-troll system must be tough, otherwise this ends up in people just wanting to add the troll to the leave - a short recap of the game is needed before joining it, to prevent joining to a 0/99 yasuo who just ragequitted, making it extra frustrating for the hero Yes, I know I talked a lot about trolls, but this game has a problem with it, so...
Believe me, i understand your concerns about trolls. As much as i would like to fix that problem, its not my place. You are absolutely right on the rewards part, although i don't think you should only get them for winning. I don't want players in the program to think if they join a losing game, "Oh boy another one, lets just FF so i can re queue." the original player could reconnect at any time, so winning the match might not always be a reachable goal. I also believe the LP loss/Gain for the DC'd hero should depend on their disconnection time. If a player DC'd within the first 10 minutes and never came back, do you think they deserve the win given? That is something for the community and RIOT to decide. Also the player in the program should not receive any LP loss/gain from the match, seeing as how most of the process was out of their control and does not represent their skill level accurately. As for the anti troll system, player who meet the requirements to enter this queue will already have good honor standing, and at the end of the match there should be a option to report them for any violations they committed. I take those negative actions very seriously and agree with harsh punishments. Players would look to you as their helping hand in a time of need, and by entering this queue you have expectations of you to be respectful, level headed, and understanding. Thank you for your feedback!
Babipoki (EUNE)
: I love this. If it's handled the same way as in FFXIV, it'd be a great addition. I really don't see it creating any problems. Might require rewriting networking code and there's this issue of champion skins - as far as I know, there's no ingame system for changing skins, but I guess they'd start off with whatever skin the previous player had, as if it was temporarily unlocked(like in ARAM's 100RP boost).
Thank you for your feedback! I have spoke to my friend many times on how this could be implemented, and how complex the program would have to be. Surprisingly it's simple! You also hit the nail right on the head with the temp skin part, it's as easy as that!
Midg3t (EUNE)
: 1. What are players getting if it's 100% lost game? 2. You really thing some assassin main will want to join in a game where some autofilled shit picked soraka, has 1 completed item in a 20 min game and a dogshit score? 3. What about ranked? Should be get/lose LP for doing that? There are just too many holes, little to no reasons for doing this, and abusable.
I understand your concerns and would definitely like to address them. "1. What are players getting if it's 100% lost game?" That's the reality of playing MOBAs, some games are an uphill battle. No game is ever 100% lost. I'm sure your have made plenty of comebacks from the brink of defeat before! The point of the program, is to give those teams a fighting chance at the game, having someone step in, so it is no longer a 4v5, can really turn the tide, and or raise overall morale of the game. Even if the game seems beyond saving, you still will be rewarded standard rewards for playing it out, (Blue essence, EXP, loot crates ETC.) including the reward of helping others! "2. You really thing some assassin main will want to join in a game where some autofilled shit picked soraka, has 1 completed item in a 20 min game and a dogshit score?" I have discussed this exact problem in multiple other replies, of course the feature of being able to queue for roles and champions you are only comfortable playing would be nice. But I believe it would dampen the response time for available players to step in. With enough people queuing for the program, it would no doubt be a welcome feature. The motive behind joining this queue wouldn't be just to help people, but the sweet rewards for it too! This example you gave is also worst a case scenario, and should not be represented as a majority of what you'd be getting into. "3. What about ranked? Should be get/lose LP for doing that?" As for ranked, LP should not be a concern for summoners joining the program. LP should neither be gained or lost during their time helping out. It will only be available to those who fit the correct parameters to join the ranked Hero Program queue. With higher stakes, and higher rewards, i believe this to be a welcome feature amongst the ranked community. It would also be better to have someone helping, filing in for your DC'd teammate, rather than trying to win through a 4v5. As for the abusable part, that is a great point. As many things in League of Legends, and life, there are many places for people to abuse the system. That's why the honor system can help remedy that, allowing players with proven good conduct to help in these tense situations. As for there being little to no reason, I believe there's plenty of big reasons to do this. It will provide a tool for people who want to help out others, while also giving rewards to those no so interested in helping. With the end product being a better experience for players stuck in what feels like a helpless game.
Ephixus (EUW)
: Don't involve this placebo garbage honor system.
The honor system is an already implemented feature I think we can build upon. I appreciate your feedback.
: Would be a good idea if there was a way to find said honorable person, who just happens to play that exact champ and role at that exact level in a reasonable amount of time. Most likely itd just end up creating a matchmaking nightmare, and either game would be smurfed on or inted depending on who it brought in.
Thank you for your feedback, the honor system is a already implemented feature that could help determine who qualifies for this program. As for the matchmaking nightmare, the similar rank system protects against that, only bringing in people who could've been placed in the game in the first place. Also as i stated in another reply, there could be a system to queue for roles and champions that you are comfortable filling in as, although i think it would do more harm than good. It would most likely increase response time to leavers, and thus dampening the efforts of the program. With enough players queuing though, it could be implemented flawlessly.
DUDE BRO (NA)
: So I join a game in progress, then the guy returns and I get booted out? Or I join on a champ/build I don't like and feed even more? Or players start harassing bad teammates to leave so someone else can take over? Too many implications that will have very negative results.
Your questions are well founded, and i appreciate all feedback. When the original player reconnects, he will either immediately take control, if you are out of combat. Otherwise, when you leave combat for a designated amount of time, (Safe for the swap) the original player would retake control and return to the fight. Afterwards, you would be rewarded for your efforts, and returned to home screen. EDIT: I have thought of the champion your not familiar with part, it is a major concern. I feel as though implementing something as what roles you feel comfortable taking over, or what lanes, could be beneficial. However, I feel it might do more damage than good, as it may increase time to find a replacement substantially.
cars3n (NA)
: Brilliant. One thing I think would be good is that the original summoner can only reconnect when the Hero Summoner is out of combat (so that the hero doesn’t get kicked mid-outplay.)
Thanks for the reply! I actually forgot to touch on that. It's exactly how you stated, just as Boots of Mobility work, as soon as you reach out of combat, the loaded in original player will take over. The game will then end for you, and as said, you will be compensated for your time!
: Ok... who in their right mind is going to go to a LOSING game? Also this would just unbalance the hell out of the match since suddenly a challenger player could take place of an iron player and unless the game is far off the challenger player is bound to steamroll the enemy. This is not even mentioning that the people who join would have no idea what their rune setup would be or who they are playing before they start loading into the match. They will also have no idea how unwinnable the match even is. What is the point of joining a match when the enemy is already pushing to your nexus with baron buff and half your team already dead? This is something that would be dead on arrival just based on how few people would even queue up to be in such scenarios right off the bat.
If i may direct your attention to paragraph 4, where i addressed your concerns. To avoid steamrolling, only players with similar ranks can be placed in that players game. This is to prevent such catastrophes from unfolding. As for the statement of who would want to join a losing game, that is a reasonable statement to make. The answer is rewards, summoners who queue for this receive rewards for helping. Giving them the initiative beyond lending a helping hand to a team in need. A lot of your retorts seem to be under the impression that most, if not all, of the community do not wish to help others at all. There are many of us who do, with only a small portion of games having a DC/Leaver, it only takes a small portion of players to remedy that. You also seem to point out only games that are worst case scenarios, which are important. Not every game left is a end times scenario, where "the enemy is already pushing to your nexus with baron buff and half your team already dead". Also, not all games with a DC/Leaver are losing games, Most DC's are by accident and can happen to anyone, at any time, regardless of the state of the match. I feel as though you didn't read into much of what i had to say, i value your feedback nonetheless.
Rioter Comments

Arkon567

Level 83 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion