: Overall what did you all think of the Darkin Lore Update?
I think the Darkin are amazing. Ever since I've heard of the idea of the darkin from lore I was in love, the idea of a powerful being that is trapped in a weapon and corrupts a host is something I really enjoy as a character/monster type. The lore changing them to Shurimans is something I love, by making them ascended and once human they can not only fit into a region and the history of Runterra but they also can show what PTSD from fighting wars can do to a human mind. Aatrox is the best example of the 3 out of 5 Darkin chamions we've seen. Darkin: Ascended created from the power of the sun disc who are practically gods and warriors for Shurima. When the battle of Icathia happened these humans given godlike powers had to fight monsters who corrupt and kill, they most likely saw comrades who they've probably been close with be slaughtered, corrupted, and twisted into void creatures that they had to kill. War and very traumatic events can give people and animals PTSD and thats with our type of war with guns and bombs now imagine you're fighting monsters from another world and even though you are extremely powerful they can still go toe to toe with you. If I remember correctly the PTSD and the loss of Azir made then go insane with a higher type of PTSD. Being godlike beings they fought to try to rule the world since they had no leader to follow and give them purpose, they used ancient blood magic to give themselves armor in order to fight one another and not all of them turned into Darkin Nasus after trapping Xerath and his brother in a tomb went into hiding and Renekton was in a tomb with Xerath going insane during the whole Darkin war and probably wouldve used blood magic and such to change himself into a darkin if he was freed earlier but if he was never trapped with Xerath he would have probably just went into hiding with Nasus but who knows. Then from what we know the Aspect of change before Zoe became its host went around killing Darkin then she taught people how to contain them and presumably all of the Darkin were wiped out except for 5. Aatrox, Rhaast, Varus, and 2 other unnamed Darkin yet we know one is a girl but we have no information on the other one. Aatrox: He was a noble ascended who was a hero and protector of Shurima. After he became a Darkin he was a shadow of his former glory. Hateful, angry, depressed, has body dismorphia, and is very suicidal. He talks lots and lots about how amazing he once was and how his body is a mockery of what he was he doesnt even call it himself he distances himself from it by just calling it flesh. He hates what he has become he wants to die and he wants revenge for being trapped in a weapon after he protected the world from the horrors of the void. He talks somberly and he uses killing as a way to distract himself from what he has become. Aatrox is one of my favorite champions and all the depth he has truly shows how amazing he is. Rhaast: We dont have alot of lore about him. From what we can tell he was a ascended warrior that turned into a darkin after the Icathia battle and he was a a meaningful figure during that time since one of the Darkin in Twilight of the Gods talks about him. He was put into a scythe and left somewhere in the ground in Noxus if I recall correctly and if Aatrox's lore is something to remember being trapped in a weapon is agonizing and gives you immense suffering which can explain why Rhaast is insane and just wants to kill. He was left there for a millennia till Noxian soldiers found him and were transporting him somewhere and Kayn and another shadow warrior ambushed them and Rhaast chose Kayn to be his first host and reject others by burning through them. They both are very similar in being around violence their whole lives and the struggle is very interesting and I hope Rhaast and Kayn get more lore. Varus: A Darkin who was trapped in his bow and put in a well in the Ionian temple called Pallas. Theres a couple Vai and Valmar who fight against invading Noxians and one of them is injured (I dont remember who) and in a attempt to save them they pick up the injured one and jump into the well where the Darkin is kept not knowing that it was a Darkin in the well and then the 2 bodies are fused together and Varus has to try to fully corrupt them but they are still in his mind and he has to still fight for control and sometimes Kai or Valmar are in control. The one who was injured fuels Varus' corruption with rage and the other one is the calm that is preventing Varus from taking full control. The concept is really interesting and I have nothing wrong with a gay couple but I just wish they did something different. They should have made a VGU for Varus either as a secret until the lore and video came out and gave a new look to make him fit in with the Darkin and to give him a new voice over with Kai and Valmar and just updating him would make him look and feel much better. And secondly I would have made it a Ionian father and son, this can show how a father will protect his son and how older people are less angry and vengeful and how younger people focus more on those emotions and how it can damage them. Hes alright Im not as happy with him as I am for Rhaast or Aatrox but hes not bad. The Darkin are amazing and I just wish that RIot will release the other 2 Darkin champions and more lore instead of doing other things like making a new region. I hope the other 2 darkin are unique and interesting who show parts of Darkin that we havent seen other than anger and a love for killing plus if they put the Darkin in different regions like the Freljord or the Shadow Isles they can give them a very unique appearance and connect them to the region by having them use true ice or the mist in their kits.
: Oh this person again. Yeah, no. You didn't fix shit. It still looks god awful. Seriously, let the professionals handle it and stop insulting this skin with your hackjob of an animation done in MS Paint. Jesus Christ.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XEiwg5Zj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-12T05:52:06.536+0000) > > Oh this person again. Yeah, no. You didn't fix shit. It still looks god awful. Seriously, let the professionals handle it and stop insulting this skin with your hackjob of an animation done in MS Paint. Jesus Christ. Dude its a fucking costume for a video game character. Settle the fuck down and dont cry when people do stuff to a picture of the skin. People can do what they want and this person is taking feedback, improving and learning from doing it and they probably enjoy doing it so just let them be.
: Saved Login Credentials Coming Soon
Lazy Riot games single handedly ruining their game by doing things no one asked for. Everyone loves animated login themes why in the hell would you remove those??!?!? Literally ruining your game by doing this
Rioter Comments
: Why can't you listen to all the themes you like with YT?
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ZPYE4Wrm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-11T22:35:09.890+0000) > > Why can't you listen to all the themes you like with YT? I could but sometimes you're either out of the house and dont have a connection or its just easier to listen to stuff without having to deal with YT stuff
: Everything's on Soundcloud and can be freely downloaded to mp3, which could then be listened to through Spotify if that's your wish. https://soundcloud.com/leagueoflegends
> [{quoted}](name=BobaFlautist,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ZPYE4Wrm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-11T22:02:05.726+0000) > > Everything's on Soundcloud and can be freely downloaded to mp3, which could then be listened to through Spotify if that's your wish. https://soundcloud.com/leagueoflegends I think I will thank you for telling me this!
Rioter Comments
Vıvıd (NA)
: No more login screens????????????????????
I just hope they move the login screen music to Spotify or something so that we can atleast listen to the music some way
Moody P (NA)
: What would happen to the Ursine if Volibear died?
If they can get their minds back I wouldnt be surprised for them to return atleast the shamans since they could just transform back to a human or if not I suspect that they'd go feral till they are killed
: What champion mechanics do you find to be annoying to deal with?
Akalis everything that somehow isnt changed months after her rework
Kazekiba (NA)
: Dont forget a taunt towards Darius about how war changes like moods. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0NAj0cHx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-31T18:17:13.125+0000) > > Dont forget a taunt towards Darius about how war changes like moods. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Lmfao true that would be amazing
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Armored One,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bTNwTxcF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-31T17:41:31.076+0000) > > If you read Udyr Sej Voli story after the battle he did heal himself so he wouldnt look that different from the current Voliber except hopefully they keep his weapons on his back and get rid of the spider eyes. When he fought Ornn he didnt have his armor since after the battle he stole it from him so he'd just be a giant bear with lightning. The concept art shown would show that hes not gonna change that much but I feel his maturing appearance makes alot more sense for a demi god that is constantly fighting. Exactly, which is why using the current model as his younger self would work. Keep the old model canon, dont just outright retcon it.
> [{quoted}](name=Tesla Effect,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bTNwTxcF,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-31T17:43:03.517+0000) > > Exactly, which is why using the current model as his younger self would work. Keep the old model canon, dont just outright retcon it. I feel like thats what they'll do to a extent but they shouldnt just remove all the stuff hes gotten from after fighting Ornn as it could remove alot of originality. What I see them doing hopefully is he'll be a white bear with cool armor but give him some weapons in his back like concept 2 since it doesnt remove old Volibear's look of a armored bear but it adds his new appearance with the thousand pierced bear.
: Do we know for sure that Volibear is now a monstrous, eldritch bear god?
From what Im assuming its that Volibear's appearance in Silence of the Damned is due to his battle with Ornn and him healing himself on the corpses made his appearance a little wonky which is why he had the 12 eyes
: Please Riot, Make Volibears current model his younger self
If you read Udyr Sej Voli story after the battle he did heal himself so he wouldnt look that different from the current Voliber except hopefully they keep his weapons on his back and get rid of the spider eyes. When he fought Ornn he didnt have his armor since after the battle he stole it from him so he'd just be a giant bear with lightning. The concept art shown would show that hes not gonna change that much but I feel his maturing appearance makes alot more sense for a demi god that is constantly fighting.
: When you say "Champion that would fit more with the theme", do you mean Champions who already have ties to the Celestial Realm? Champions who have some sort of cosmic influence in their character? Etc. etc.? 'Cause the Dark Star skinline hasn't ever really been restricted to Champions with any particular cosmic affinity. Like, let's look at the skinline real quick; Dark Star Thresh - A sadistic, spectral jailor/tormentor Dark Star Varus - A Darkin archer hell-bent on vengeance Dark Star Kha'Zix - A Voidspawn who hunts down great prey to evolve Dark Star Orianna - A girl made almost entirely of Hextech Dark Star Jarvan IV - An audacious human prince with a great strategic mind Dark Star Cho'Gath - A gluttonous, devouring Voidspawn Dark Star Karma - The umpteenth incarnation of an Ionian spiritual leader Dark Star Shaco - A corrupted marionette with a penchant for murderous "games" Barely _any_ of those Champions have anything to do with cosmic stuff, and I say "barely" because I can hardly count Kha'Zix and Cho'Gath, since their origin (the Void) is a plane of stagnant existence, and to that end _isn't_ really cosmic in theme, and even if it were, both of those Champions seem only to serve as the Void's hunting/killing creations. Of course, I'm describing the Champions in really, really short blurbs (and doing Orianna, most out of all of them, a serious injustice), but the gist of it is still there; Dark Star has no precedent for favoring Champions with cosmic/celestial thematics. Personally, I think the best Dark Star skins come from Champions who are innately inhuman; Thresh, Orianna, and Shaco probably the best-fitting, but monsters like Cho'Gath and Kha'Zix fit well too, though Varus, Jarvan IV, and Karma still can (and do) work for the skinline. And, sure, Bard _is_ innately inhuman, but, that and his being tied to a cosmic thematic doesn't mean he qualifies for the Dark Star line better than any other Champion.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pP2GLPm9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-29T21:54:52.192+0000) > > When you say "Champion that would fit more with the theme", do you mean Champions who already have ties to the Celestial Realm? Champions who have some sort of cosmic influence in their character? Etc. etc.? > > 'Cause the Dark Star skinline hasn't ever really been restricted to Champions with any particular cosmic affinity. Like, let's look at the skinline real quick; > > Dark Star Thresh - A sadistic, spectral jailor/tormentor > Dark Star Varus - A Darkin archer hell-bent on vengeance > Dark Star Kha'Zix - A Voidspawn who hunts down great prey to evolve > Dark Star Orianna - A girl made almost entirely of Hextech > Dark Star Jarvan IV - An audacious human prince with a great strategic mind > Dark Star Cho'Gath - A gluttonous, devouring Voidspawn > Dark Star Karma - The umpteenth incarnation of an Ionian spiritual leader > Dark Star Shaco - A corrupted marionette with a penchant for murderous "games" > > Barely _any_ of those Champions have anything to do with cosmic stuff, and I say "barely" because I can hardly count Kha'Zix and Cho'Gath, since their origin (the Void) is a plane of stagnant existence, and to that end _isn't_ really cosmic in theme, and even if it were, both of those Champions seem only to serve as the Void's hunting/killing creations. > > Of course, I'm describing the Champions in really, really short blurbs (and doing Orianna, most out of all of them, a serious injustice), but the gist of it is still there; Dark Star has no precedent for favoring Champions with cosmic/celestial thematics. > > Personally, I think the best Dark Star skins come from Champions who are innately inhuman; Thresh, Orianna, and Shaco probably the best-fitting, but monsters like Cho'Gath and Kha'Zix fit well too, though Varus, Jarvan IV, and Karma still can (and do) work for the skinline. > > And, sure, Bard _is_ innately inhuman, but, that and his being tied to a cosmic thematic doesn't mean he qualifies for the Dark Star line better than any other Champion. Exactly not to mention the other 2 that are related to Dark Star. Dark Cosmic Jhin - A serial killer who sees his killing as art work Dark Odyssey Rhaast - A Darkin trapped in a scythe who consumes the body of a edgy boi Non of the Dark Star and variant skins have anything to do with cosmic themed characters. The reason for this is because if you do that you arent really changing their theme as interesting as you could, like people asking for a Dark Star Aurelion Sol it wouldnt be any different from his theme now except purple colors. Thats the main reason why they chose champs that arent celestial space based, also you can do some unique things if you dont just go for champs that are already similar to a theme
: Who thinks Championship Ornn or Victorious Ornn would look awesome on him?
I saw a thing about Ornn having a cosmic or dark star skin and I thought it would be a really good fit. He would be a starsmith and his abilities could fit a space theme really well. But tbh ANY new Ornn skin would be great
Rioter Comments
: Who would you want to receive the Ultimate Skin this year?
{{champion:266}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:6}} Any top laner tbh but these champs are the ones I'd love to get it
: What if Volibear's Aesthetic "Upgrades" Upon Each Time He Levels Up His Ult/Kills
I would love this. Another thing that would be cool is just battle damage and the lower health he is he reveals that monster god bear appearance from the lore story. Maybe with him getting more battle damaged he gets some advantages and weaknesses like he gets his healing passive with maybe some tenacity but loses movement speed in the process, Idk. I use to be a Volibear main and he was the champion that got me out of bronze years ago I love this direction they're going in and I hope hes the next VGU so we can see this demi god bear as his lore describes.
Riot Jag (NA)
: Teemo changes temporarily on PBE for early feedback, part 2
Could Teemo's W get some love or have a new change to it? Personally I feel like a nice change could be Teemo's W could give movement speed and when activated gives a small burst of movement speed while if he walks towards a wall he could jump over it. It would give Teemo a way to maneuver around the map and make his W more modern. If you dont want to go for that big of a change making his W remove slows or give tenacity could be nice
: > [{quoted}](name=Prestige Vayne,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=quPfpn0G,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-12T01:25:07.834+0000) > > Your gonna get placed into mid because you didn't finish your placements for top. So the quote is just an outright lie?
> [{quoted}](name=ValyrianBlade,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=quPfpn0G,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-12T02:14:25.213+0000) > > So the quote is just an outright lie? Its not a lie. The rank you get shown is a prediction of what you have the chance of getting not your actual rank until you finish the promos. Your highest rank is what you'll get so until you get your top promos done you'll be getting whatever rank your mid is.
: Riven now still sits at a 56% winrate with a 60% on her mains
Riven with conq and spear makes playing against her a living hell. Normally she gets her 40% cdr and she can chase you or run without fear of getting caught or the enemy champ getting away (Unless they're lucky) but with spear she is much more annoying to deal with because her cooldowns get even more down then before. I'd say if they want to give her nerfs they could do 2 things also wanted to say its late and Im just speculating I dont know number I just have ideas. 1. Nerf her shield by making it not able to scale with her AD either make it a flat shield or make it so she has to build more health in order to get benefit off of it. 2. Nerf her cooldowns. For someone who has basically 4 dashes they should be much higher in terms of cd. They could have it so she has much higher cooldowns early while she gets them to the usual level late game if they dont want to hurt Rivens precious 56% winrate but in all truth cooldown nerfs wouldnt be bad.
: H- He's getting a rework? So that means.. No more of the same Q :( {{champion:82}}
> [{quoted}](name=TKO Pikachu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Yuqyey2w,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-09T18:21:11.400+0000) > > H- He's getting a rework? So that means.. No more of the same Q :( {{champion:82}} Yeah his will be coming out after the next champion. I hope they keep some form of his Q though because its a fun to cheese with
: What the heck happend to Mordekaiser?
Hes never been that good thats one of the main reasons why hes getting reworked. They havent done anything to him for a long time and they arent gonna waste time buffing a buggy outdated champion that is currently getting a rework.
: Which one rework do you personally find to be the best one yet. (In anyway except gameplay)
If {{champion:266}} can count as somewhat of a visual update then it would be him. IMO he looks so much cooler than the old one and the voice lines are some of my favorites in the game. The fact that he has a mix of serious and jokes and sadness some people may hate, but I personally love the fact that he is more than just a 1 emotion character it feels like he is a actual character. Plus the new sword is bad ass and I wish that Varus would get a VGU that incorporated a organ like Rhaast's scythe eyeball and Aatrox's sword heart, makes me think Varus could get some type of a lung on his bow since you need to hold your breath to aim more accurately on a bow
: > [{quoted}](name=Armored One,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=000500010000000000020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-28T01:03:41.300+0000) > > Sure people will get mad but whats worse using the same body type over and over, or giving girls different shapes and making the whole girl roster more unique? Well, I don't blame Riot for avoiding possible shitstorms. As practice have shown, it is not worth it. > Those champs you mentioned are still heavily sexualized in one way or another they are either exposing alot of skin, have round faces (Not one has a different face shape aka same face syndrome), {{champion:102}} has a larger nose, thin lips, wider face, does not wear makeup. Doesn't wear armor because she turns into a dragon and has scale-like plating even in her human form. {{champion:429}} I don't know even how to comment that. It's like saying Pyke is still game because he has muscles. {{champion:127}} people consider her to be one of the creepiest champions even with the skins where she is wearing an open dress. {{champion:131}} how Diana is sexualized??? Her breastplate is fine, she is equipped for being a mobile fighter, her glowing eyes show her as a follower of the Moon. Her look matches her abilities and lore perfectly. What is so wrong with her? {{champion:84}} Akali has muscles and lost her sideboob from the pre-rework. She is basically like Kayn in that regard and people are somehow are okay with Kayn. This is what I meant by extremes. You refuse to see the differences between these characters because they are...not over the top and call them sexualized. > 2. Camille is like 80 in her lore but she ages slow that doesnt mean she cant look old. Actually, it does. If body is supplied with nutrients and elements for regenerating cells it has no reasons to look old. > A man can and probably is attracted to Illaoi, I was using her a an example of how a female who doesnt have the same body as the rest of the girls can be a very good character design and look unique. Also putting words into my mouth like that is really annoying because I shouldnt have to argue against your points as well as my own. I had to ask this because I heard the "she not typical because she is muscled and big, thus not appealing to any male ever, yay!" description way too often. Also, she is walking around with her back completely bare, just like Akali? What is the difference then? > Make up is used to make a female's face sexier/prettier, thats literally the use for it thats why pretty much every girl wears it now not only to make them more attractive but to cover up anything that wouldnt be that attractive if you need examples of this look at pictures of girls with and without make up or if you want a even more extreme example look at korean girls with and without makeup. This is just one of uses. Many women use make up to self-express, to have fun selecting hues that match their eyes, etc. It is harmless when not put on pedestal or stigmatized as "you're making yourself sexier, are you looking for male attention". >Why does a assassin like Akali or Katarina care about taking the time to apply make up before going on a mission? Or why does a warrior like Leona spend the time to make her eye lashes "on fleek". Why does a seasoned fighter like Xhin Zhao wears a long lush ponytail that can easily get wrapped around his spear and result in a very embarrassing death during a fight? Why won't a wanted man like Yasuo cut his hair short? Why does Kayn spend time to put his long hair into a braid? He is an assassin, he should be as . Why does a fighter like Taric has long hair? Doesn't Trynda's mane get stuck in his helmet? How does a restless hunter like Lucian maintains his hairdo? It needs trimming and refreshing. When did Sylas find time to stylishly trim his stylish rebel beard? Who styles all these guys' eyebrows? The answer is obvious: the League universe does not take all these things into account. They never mattered. It's not the "you cannot leave home without applying mascara" message, it's "why the hell not?". > Because they have the opportunities and power too. League is a very popular game who can use it to say "Hey girls can be bad ass" or "Girls dont need to wear makeup and wear revealing clothing for men to like them". You overestimate League's presence in the everyday life. It never had the power to dictate the rules from the first place. It was never supposed to do any life-lessons or encouragement. Otherwise League is full of harmful messages: - It's okay to be a homicidal serial killer who makes origami from the insides of their victims {{champion:202}} - Torturing people is fun, you should try it sometimes {{champion:28}} - You can smoke and be healthy {{champion:104}} - Carving your art on the bone of your living employee to teach them a lesson is good management {{champion:41}} In addition, looking for encouragement from a multiplayer game where you are very likely to hear some degrading shit from your own teammates is...unwise at best. > Boob playing allows a blade in a stabbing motion to slide into the sternum and pierce the armor there and boob plating can have a girl crack her sternum if she falls even with padding added. Plus its alot more work for smiths and it is alot more effective to wear normal armor. Plus a girl shouldnt need to be pointed out by seeing their boobs through a plate of armor or just have it there because it makes them look good, its a battle not a beauty pageant. And a guy does not need to be pointed out that he is a guy by charging into battle with a naked oiled torso. A guy does need to be pointed out that he is tough by having pauldrons that can squish his head like a cabbage. It's a battle, not a Mr. Universe contest. But Riot does it anyway because effectiveness has never mattered in the League of Legends. People do crazy things they will never survive IRL. It has never been about practicality and realism. It was never supposed to be about practicality and realism. > 1. You argue that League cant have girls wearing armor or looking slightly more realistic because of their style???? That doesnt exactly make sense. A male can wear armor and have amazing effects and abilities. Darius has a basic cupboard body build he shares with Garen, Jayce and Jarvan. And his armor doesn't make any sense from the strategic point of view. Also, there haven't been any heavily armored champs for a long time, while Taric switched his armor to a stylish shirt. I won't be surprised if that is because developers decided to focus on the present champs with armor instead of introducing a new armored character and getting comments like "Nice Garen rework, so where's the new champ?". But, returning to my point: For Honor is more intricate than League of Legends regarding armor and combat. Because historical armored combat is it's entire selling point. It is rotted in realistic historical combat and PwP matches. Therefore, people would pay more attention to armor details, fighter constitution and the way their knight/berserker/Nobushi warrior clashes with the opponent. In the League it is possible for a half-assed spiked armor like Darius' armor to exist because people don't spend time looking at it, they push QWER to win a match. Nobody asks themselves "how is it works" or nobody makes notion that Darius head-to-shoulder proportion is not exactly realistic or compares the waist width between female champs. It is possible, entirely possible to create an armored female character. But something tells me, there is a reason why they focus their efforts on making new armor for existing champs (Leona, Garen, Darius) instead of making new armored champs, whether male or female. > 2. From what I could find she is a fighter named Galina Kohvakko. You wanted me to say that she was a model and you can see very clearly that she is indeed modeling. What you didnt do because you wanted to find a way to win this debate, you didint show any picture of her when shes fighting or in armor. What I meant by showing her, that she is an attractive woman. It doesn't change whether she is with or without make up. If drawn in Riot's style, she would have received tons of negativity from the audience as another "fake pretty face" even though it is modeled after a swordswoman who trained with male fighters. This is why I don't like when people judge at the face value and confidently say "she cannot look that and do this just because" even though they have never took part in the activity they describe. >A great example is a girl from Game of Thrones Brienne of Tarth. Brienne isnt wearing makeup or wearing ridiculous armor that someone could cut her open with, she is a realistic approach to a lady fighter and when the actress isnt acting she wears makeup and looks attractive. Brienne of Tarth is a good character in the novels, TV show, etc. But in the MOBA she would be a dull character no one would play (unless she is OP). People ask for Pantheon's rework because his practical Roman armor looks boring compared to other champions. They don't care whether he is the most efficiently equipped warrior in the game, they didn't come here for a real-life lesson. They don't care if his armor looks less realistic. They want their epic stuff. > It was literally a example I came up with in the spire of the moment.... I didnt think of any abilities because its a example not something that will be getting released or a fully made champ design. And game design usually works in the opposite way. Especially in MOBA. An interesting gameplay mechanic comes up first, the character design comes later. >Men could use more realistic armor or any at all too. Trynd, Panth, Olaf, and others could use better made armor or any armor at all that better represented where they were from and also had a better function in a actual fight. Yet, but should they use more realistic armor in a game where weird stuff happens?
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=0005000100000000000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-28T03:12:33.635+0000) > > Well, I don't blame Riot for avoiding possible shitstorms. As practice have shown, it is not worth it. > > {{champion:102}} has a larger nose, thin lips, wider face, does not wear makeup. Doesn't wear armor because she turns into a dragon and has scale-like plating even in her human form. Showing off her body off and practically wearing a armor bikini > > {{champion:429}} I don't know even how to comment that. It's like saying Pyke is still game because he has muscles. Has a similar face to everyone else in league when she couldve had a different one, boob plating. > > {{champion:127}} people consider her to be one of the creepiest champions even with the skins where she is wearing an open dress. Who has considered her to be creepy? I havent seen anyone say that and her character design doesnt give me a sense of fear or the creeps one bit. > > {{champion:131}} how Diana is sexualized??? Her breastplate is fine, she is equipped for being a mobile fighter, her glowing eyes show her as a follower of the Moon. Her look matches her abilities and lore perfectly. What is so wrong with her? Didnt even see her in the post so thats my bad. > > {{champion:84}} Akali has muscles and lost her sideboob from the pre-rework. She is basically like Kayn in that regard and people are somehow are okay with Kayn. If you read my other posts on this thread I never thought Kayn was okay and Akali. Akali muscle is a push in the right direction but her clothes dont make her look like a ninja, they expose her body and make her again look like a model. > > Actually, it does. If body is supplied with nutrients and elements for regenerating cells it has no reasons to look old. Then why is her hair white? And even then why cant she have a small bit of age to her to actually show people that, hey its not a young girl but a older person. > > I had to ask this because I heard the "she not typical because she is muscled and big, thus not appealing to any male ever, yay!" description way too often. Also, she is walking around with her back completely bare, just like Akali? What is the difference then? Akali: Back fully exposed, stomach showing, and sides of her leg is visible Illaoi: Upper back only exposed > > This is just one of uses. Many women use make up to self-express, to have fun selecting hues that match their eyes, etc. It is harmless when not put on pedestal or stigmatized as "you're making yourself sexier, are you looking for male attention". Theres a difference between "Oh Im gonna sit in my room and do my makeup" vs "Im a assassin and Im gonna put on some makeup before I kill people yeah!" > > Why does a seasoned fighter like Xhin Zhao wears a long lush ponytail that can easily get wrapped around his spear and result in a very embarrassing death during a fight? No idea, I never liked his pony tail and I'd prefer if he wore a Demacian helmet instead > > Why won't a wanted man like Yasuo cut his hair short? Probably never had time too, or just didnt care. > > Why does Kayn spend time to put his long hair into a braid? He is an assassin, he should be as. Because if you're gonna have long hair you might as well braid it so its not flying all around, atleast being braided gives it some control. > > Why does a fighter like Taric has long hair? Taric could probably tie it up when he wore his armor, and now that hes a aspect he doesnt really have to worry about his hair since apparently Zoe can have longer hair. > > Doesn't Trynda's mane get stuck in his helmet? It very well could. Also doubt the Freljord has barbers, or atleast in a barbaric tribe like his. > > How does a restless hunter like Lucian maintains his hairdo? It needs trimming and refreshing. He hunts in the Shadow Isles and and probably either does it himself or he gets a ride back to Bilgewater for a haircut and shave. > > When did Sylas find time to stylishly trim his stylish rebel beard? In the AMA Rioters said that the guards cut it for him since it would be caught in his collar. > > Who styles all these guys' eyebrows? > > The answer is obvious: the League universe does not take all these things into account. They never mattered. It's not the "you cannot leave home without applying mascara" message, it's "why the hell not?". Girls and guys are pressured so much by society that why cant they make characters who stand for more than just the ingame things? > > You overestimate League's presence in the everyday life. It never had the power to dictate the rules from the first place. It was never supposed to do any life-lessons or encouragement. Otherwise League is full of harmful messages: > > In addition, looking for encouragement from a multiplayer game where you are very likely to hear some degrading shit from your own teammates is...unwise at best. You arent getting the point. People look up to certain characters, hell when I mained Braum I did it because I wished to be like him one day. Having a character that someone can look up too and relate to some parts of them is what makes a great character. Thats what I mean ofcourse no one would be so dumb as too think that your examples are acceptable. You are taking things way to literal. > > And a guy does not need to be pointed out that he is a guy by charging into battle with a naked oiled torso. > A guy does need to be pointed out that he is tough by having pauldrons that can squish his head like a cabbage. > It's a battle, not a Mr. Universe contest. > You're doing the thing again where we are talking about one thing and you deviate to another thing. Yeah the men arent exactly good for battle either but atleast most of them wear armor that covers their vitals, also I never liked how big the pauldrons were and I'd prefer if they were smaller. > Darius has a basic cupboard body build he shares with Garen, Jayce and Jarvan. And his armor doesn't make any sense from the strategic point of view. His build is more related with Garen only I feel, and Darius' armor makes more sense then all the female champs armor. Covering torso and vitals, arm guards, and armor on the legs. The only things that arent good are the spikes and his pauldrons which as I stated earlier are a bother for me too. > > Also, there haven't been any heavily armored champs for a long time, while Taric switched his armor to a stylish shirt. I won't be surprised if that is because developers decided to focus on the present champs with armor instead of introducing a new armored character and getting comments like "Nice Garen rework, so where's the new champ?". > People joke around with that stuff. There are still people who say new Ryze rework when a new champ comes out. > But, returning to my point: For Honor is more intricate than League of Legends regarding armor and combat. Because historical armored combat is it's entire selling point. It is rotted in realistic historical combat and PwP matches. Therefore, people would pay more attention to armor details, fighter constitution and the way their knight/berserker/Nobushi warrior clashes with the opponent. > More intricate, yes. But that doesnt mean that Riot cant put together better looking armor and such, if that were the case all the champs wouldnt be as detailed as they are. > In the League it is possible for a half-assed spiked armor like Darius' armor to exist because people don't spend time looking at it, they push QWER to win a match. Then why do people by skins? Why dont we just have the option to buy VFX? > > What I meant by showing her, that she is an attractive woman. It doesn't change whether she is with or without make up. If drawn in Riot's style, she would have received tons of negativity from the audience as another "fake pretty face" even though it is modeled after a swordswoman who trained with male fighters. This is why I don't like when people judge at the face value and confidently say "she cannot look that and do this just because" even though they have never took part in the activity they describe. > You took a picture from when she was modeling and had makeup on you never posted a pic of her without and like when she would be fighting. Girls can look attractive duh, that doesnt mean they would wear makeup in a fight. Well if we go back to Kai'sa no she cant. Trapped in a void cave for years wouldnt make you come out looking like a model, or at the very least she wouldnt have the makeup or the straight perfect hair. > Brienne of Tarth is a good character in the novels, TV show, etc. But in the MOBA she would be a dull character no one would play (unless she is OP). > You arent getting the point. Im not saying add a character whose just a fighter, Im saying add a character who is unique but if they wear armor make it more realistic with the charm that comes from the nation (aka if its a female fighter from Noxus give her the black armor and no boob plating and cover her in armor) > > And game design usually works in the opposite way. Especially in MOBA. An interesting gameplay mechanic comes up first, the character design comes later. > That means nothing when it comes to giving a girl armor or not, whether a champ is designed before or after if they are designed with armor they can have the armor that actually protects them > Yet, but should they use more realistic armor in a game where weird stuff happens? Weird stuff happens in alot of fantasy games doesnt mean that a character cant wear armor that would protect them. Just because there is magic doesnt negate the fact that people wear armor. It appears we have been reaching a point where its just back and forth, so I'd suggest that we just agree to disagree. You can reply back if you want but Im gonna stop replying after this one because we arent getting anywhere with this.
: Who do you think needs VGU or VU’s?
Other than the ones that Reav3 has pointed out are tier 1 runner ups for VGU's I'd say {{champion:2}} Outdated model and just your standard viking when if giving a VU or VGU could alot better look at what type of character hes suppose to be, plus some of his skins are just recolors. {{champion:63}} Just a dude on first when he could look alot more interesting and have a more unique look. {{champion:34}} Outdated model that could use a new look and better animations. {{champion:79}} Big boy needs to put on some clothes and a much better model. {{champion:24}} Its kinda hard to see what he is on his classic skin and a update could make him interesting.
: > [{quoted}](name=Armored One,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=0005000100000000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-27T08:18:23.915+0000) > > Alot of people dont like Riot releasing the same sexualize girl/guy every release. My tastes have never changed I still like playing bad ass champs and monsterous champs. > > I literally called out that it was hypocritical... I would play them if they looked cool, big and covered in Noxian armor and carrying a club for example. We have 2 fat champs Tahm and Gragas, both boys and not a single fat girl. But yeah I wouldnt mind playing a fat character if they were cool and interesting Gragas and Tahm are fat and it has direct, reasonable relation to their eating habits. However, creating a fat girl who got fat because she eats a lot and is not apologetic about it will cause an outrage, tons of fatshaming allegations and other stuff. Fat women get very soft treatment compared to fat men. > I literally did with {{champion:103}} and {{champion:28}} but if you need a description. A sexy female is one that is highly attractive, she usually has lots of curves and a round face (Like literally every champ except for {{champion:420}} and {{champion:164}} to a extent). You also omitted: {{champion:102}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:40}} Or are extremes the only thing that counts? Also people have been mad about Camilla not being a granny (even though she got her hextech enhancement at young age, if she was old, her body wouldn't have handled the operation) and having a thin waist, or Illaoi wearing a "revealing" top in one of her skins (even though Illaoi is established to be a very experienced woman who talks about her experience with lovers and openly flirts with Braum in a very mature way). Also, Illaoi has curves and an hourglass shape. Or are muscular women so unappealing they are safe from male gaze because no man will ever like them? Nice message. > She wears make up (Again you can see every female has make up on) and can have clothing that is revealing or accentuates their body(AGAIN like almost every girl on the game) So, wearing make up means that a woman is sexualized? Wearing anything except a tent is being revealing or sexy? > When I mean average I mean people that arent sexy but aren't ugly. If you look hard enough you'll find one but League could be one to break the mold on that one. But why should it? Why should it be forced to do so, when people outside the Boards are fine with the designs how they are? > You have no idea what I meant when I used For Honor as a example, I used For Honor because you used it to add to that. I dont know why you think I want LoL to turn into a historical combat MOBA. Because people root for "realistic historical armor" for women (and conveniently ignoring men) and constantly bring up "well in real combat she would get killed" so hard it creates this impression. >When I was talking about For Honor I meant the character design... ya know... the thing I've been talking about the entire time. I want fighter body build girls, not skinny armed, wide hipped, breast plate wearing (Or barely wearing any armor at all) females. I want girls who look like they could fight and kick some ass and arent models, I was using For Honor as a example not a idea for a MOBA. For Honor character design works because the game is more realistic visually as well. League of Legends is heavily stylized and often simplifies or exaggerates features because you either work on the abilities or effects or you work at the model that no one plays because people don't go to MOBA to scrutinize details of their character sprite, they want cool abilities and impressive effects. Also: https://mtdata.ru/u1/photo7E61/20839134828-0/original.jpg#20839134828 Can you tell me from this photo who that woman might be and what her occupation is? >Like release a girl from the Freljord give her a muscled build give her armor that is covering her as well as protecting her vitals, that is what I mean by using for honors standards And what her abilities might be? Will she be another Olaf? Another Pantheon? People don't want Olaf 2.0 or Xhin Zhao 2.0. Also, it makes no sense since you don't apply the same standards to men.
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=00050001000000000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-27T14:58:13.477+0000) > > Gragas and Tahm are fat and it has direct, reasonable relation to their eating habits. However, creating a fat girl who got fat because she eats a lot and is not apologetic about it will cause an outrage, tons of fatshaming allegations and other stuff. Fat women get very soft treatment compared to fat men. > Yeah I get that. Doesnt mean that we cant have heftier women? Sure people will get mad but whats worse using the same body type over and over, or giving girls different shapes and making the whole girl roster more unique? > You also omitted: > > {{champion:102}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:40}} > > Or are extremes the only thing that counts? > > Also people have been mad about Camilla not being a granny (even though she got her hextech enhancement at young age, if she was old, her body wouldn't have handled the operation) and having a thin waist, or Illaoi wearing a "revealing" top in one of her skins (even though Illaoi is established to be a very experienced woman who talks about her experience with lovers and openly flirts with Braum in a very mature way). Also, Illaoi has curves and an hourglass shape. Or are muscular women so unappealing they are safe from male gaze because no man will ever like them? > > Nice message. You are literally bending my words in order to favor your side of the arguement. 1. I used Ahri and Eve as examples because they are the few female champs whose lore requires them to be sexual. Those champs you mentioned are still heavily sexualized in one way or another they are either exposing alot of skin, have round faces (Not one has a different face shape aka same face syndrome), Have boob plating even though it isnt effective for battle. I'd say Taliyah and Kalista are 2 of the least sexualized looks yet Kalista still has boob plating. 2. Camille is like 80 in her lore but she ages slow that doesnt mean she cant look old. she looks in her 20's just with white hair if not late 20's. Her waist might not even be fully hers, it may be alot of mechanics. Tbh she might not have any lower half at all. 3. Illaoi's flirting makes sense for her lore due to following a god that says "Do what your heart desires" and shes doing that, also skins dont count when talking about sexualization, Im going off the base skins mainly because thats what they are in canon lore . Yes she has curves but her body is very well built and her hour glass shape isnt as showy as other girls like Akali or Kai'sa, she also has a different face shape than the other girls. I never said they were unappealing... this is what I meant when I said you are bending my words. I mean sexy as in what the majority of LoL's girls look like pretty much like I described earlier. A man can and probably is attracted to Illaoi, I was using her a an example of how a female who doesnt have the same body as the rest of the girls can be a very good character design and look unique. Also putting words into my mouth like that is really annoying because I shouldnt have to argue against your points as well as my own. > > So, wearing make up means that a woman is sexualized? Wearing anything except a tent is being revealing or sexy? Make up is used to make a female's face sexier/prettier, thats literally the use for it thats why pretty much every girl wears it now not only to make them more attractive but to cover up anything that wouldnt be that attractive if you need examples of this look at pictures of girls with and without make up or if you want a even more extreme example look at korean girls with and without makeup. Why does a assassin like Akali or Katarina care about taking the time to apply make up before going on a mission? Or why does a warrior like Leona spend the time to make her eye lashes "on fleek". > > But why should it? Why should it be forced to do so, when people outside the Boards are fine with the designs how they are? Because they have the opportunities and power too. League is a very popular game who can use it to say "Hey girls can be bad ass" or "Girls dont need to wear makeup and wear revealing clothing for men to like them". Also Im pretty sure people outside of the boards usually dont really care as much as people who go on the boards about what a character looks like, usually they care more about if they're op or not thats why there is different boards for people. We are on Story, Art, and Sound the place for these kinds of conversations > > Because people root for "realistic historical armor" for women (and conveniently ignoring men) and constantly bring up "well in real combat she would get killed" so hard it creates this impression. Thats because it isnt effective armor. Boob playing allows a blade in a stabbing motion to slide into the sternum and pierce the armor there and boob plating can have a girl crack her sternum if she falls even with padding added. Plus its alot more work for smiths and it is alot more effective to wear normal armor. Plus a girl shouldnt need to be pointed out by seeing their boobs through a plate of armor or just have it there because it makes them look good, its a battle not a beauty pageant. > > For Honor character design works because the game is more realistic visually as well. League of Legends is heavily stylized and often simplifies or exaggerates features because you either work on the abilities or effects or you work at the model that no one plays because people don't go to MOBA to scrutinize details of their character sprite, they want cool abilities and impressive effects. > > Also: > > https://mtdata.ru/u1/photo7E61/20839134828-0/original.jpg#20839134828 > > Can you tell me from this photo who that woman might be and what her occupation is? 1. You argue that League cant have girls wearing armor or looking slightly more realistic because of their style???? That doesnt exactly make sense. A male can wear armor and have amazing effects and abilities. Look at Darius for example he has armor almost all over but he still looks cool and can have great looking effects and abilities without it getting in the way so why cant a female champ? 2. From what I could find she is a fighter named Galina Kohvakko. You wanted me to say that she was a model and you can see very clearly that she is indeed modeling. What you didnt do because you wanted to find a way to win this debate, you didint show any picture of her when shes fighting or in armor. When shes fighting she doesnt have any makeup on and she also doesnt wear anything revealing or with boob plating on it because having those is just plain stupid. She does do modeling and wears makeup but do you think girls who fought in the past focused on their make up and wearing less stuff? Hell no! They wore armor to protect them because they need to live, not show off the goods or have a prettied up face. A great example is a girl from Game of Thrones Brienne of Tarth. Brienne isnt wearing makeup or wearing ridiculous armor that someone could cut her open with, she is a realistic approach to a lady fighter and when the actress isnt acting she wears makeup and looks attractive. You need to survive when fighting in battles like that, no girl unless she was dumber than a pile of bricks would wear the type of armor LoL gives their girls and she definitely wouldnt wear make up when fighting outside of battle maybe but not during. > > And what her abilities might be? Will she be another Olaf? Another Pantheon? People don't want Olaf 2.0 or Xhin Zhao 2.0. Also, it makes no sense since you don't apply the same standards to men. It was literally a example I came up with in the spire of the moment.... I didnt think of any abilities because its a example not something that will be getting released or a fully made champ design. Also I can apply the same standards to men and I havent because we are talking about girls, you are derailing the conversation instead of focusing on the main point. Men could use more realistic armor or any at all too. Trynd, Panth, Olaf, and others could use better made armor or any armor at all that better represented where they were from and also had a better function in a actual fight.
: > [{quoted}](name=Armored One,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=00050001000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-27T01:44:25.844+0000) > > Im playing this game because I started out with it in 2015 and I think the games fun. The character designs wont stop me from playing the game I find entertaining, I just wish that they would put more effort into making better character designs that fit what themes or look they're trying to portray. I like this MOBA and I dont really like any other games out there atm. Plus the lore and world has be hooked even if some characters dont look the way they should. > > > I am well aware that Riot has been sexualizing their characters for years. I was a hormonal teen at the time I joined and I just cared about "Muh cool bulging muscled bad ass male" and thought nothing of it. > But as I've matured I have cared more about character design and stories which is why I wish they would make a switch from always having sexy girls to having more bad ass girls. In the other words, your tastes have changed and you demand the game changes too. > But their game is very popular and they dont need to worry about making such sexy men/women when they can now focus on making cooler women who dont need boobs popping out to say "Hey play me" tbh its one of the reasons that drive me away from playing some of the girl characters which yes is pretty hypocritical because of the sexualizing males, but it may be because Im not attracted to men which I didnt really care about how the guys look other than bad ass. This is very hypocritical and you wouldn't like it if Riot started releasing only pudgy guys without chins or any defined/chiseled features - even though such guys are everywhere and they deserve to be seen. > Also being sexy isnt bad but if you are sexy without a reason unlike Eve or Arhi whose sexiness is put into the lore then why is it there? Define being sexy because honestly I think the moment people see an outline of a breast they go mad. Does a woman becomes sexy when she puts on lipstick? Is she sexy when she applies eyeshadow? What is she allowed to wear so people won't say her that her boobs are "popping out" as if she wants to make men pay attention to her? > You dont need to be ugly just average appearance I guess would be a good word for it not drop dead gorgeous and not ugly bag wearing girl. There are no "average people" in video games. People don't play games to be average people. They play games for all the good stuff they are not getting in real life and will never get. Especially when it's action games. You won't find an "average-looking male" in any famous games that are about adventures, explosions and stuff. >For Honor is a good example of what a female could look like in league without needed to have cleavage or a ass showing. And For Honor is a game of a completely different genre, deeply rooted in historical combat and would make a boring ass MOBA that will go bankrupt in a year. >Also I never heard of Path of Exile I'll check it out though. I suggest you do. Playing other games usually helps.
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=000500010000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-27T03:46:47.156+0000) > > In the other words, your tastes have changed and you demand the game changes too. > Alot of people dont like Riot releasing the same sexualize girl/guy every release. My tastes have never changed I still like playing bad ass champs and monsterous champs. > This is very hypocritical and you wouldn't like it if Riot started releasing only pudgy guys without chins or any defined/chiseled features - even though such guys are everywhere and they deserve to be seen. > I literally called out that it was hypocritical... I would play them if they looked cool, big and covered in Noxian armor and carrying a club for example. We have 2 fat champs Tahm and Gragas, both boys and not a single fat girl. But yeah I wouldnt mind playing a fat character if they were cool and interesting > Define being sexy because honestly I think the moment people see an outline of a breast they go mad. Does a woman becomes sexy when she puts on lipstick? Is she sexy when she applies eyeshadow? What is she allowed to wear so people won't say her that her boobs are "popping out" as if she wants to make men pay attention to her? > I literally did with {{champion:103}} and {{champion:28}} but if you need a description. A sexy female is one that is highly attractive, she usually has lots of curves and a round face (Like literally every champ except for {{champion:420}} and {{champion:164}} to a extent). She wears make up (Again you can see every female has make up on) and can have clothing that is revealing or accentuates their body(AGAIN like almost every girl on the game) > There are no "average people" in video games. People don't play games to be average people. They play games for all the good stuff they are not getting in real life and will never get. Especially when it's action games. You won't find an "average-looking male" in any famous games that are about adventures, explosions and stuff. > When I mean average I mean people that arent sexy but aren't ugly. If you look hard enough you'll find one but League could be one to break the mold on that one. > And For Honor is a game of a completely different genre, deeply rooted in historical combat and would make a boring ass MOBA that will go bankrupt in a year. > You have no idea what I meant when I used For Honor as a example, I used For Honor because you used it to add to that. I dont know why you think I want LoL to turn into a historical combat MOBA. When I was talking about For Honor I meant the character design... ya know... the thing I've been talking about the entire time. I want fighter body build girls, not skinny armed, wide hipped, breast plate wearing (Or barely wearing any armor at all) females. I want girls who look like they could fight and kick some ass and arent models, I was using For Honor as a example not a idea for a MOBA. Like release a girl from the Freljord give her a muscled build give her armor that is covering her as well as protecting her vitals, that is what I mean by using for honors standards > I suggest you do. Playing other games usually helps. K
: > [{quoted}](name=Armored One,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=000500010000000000020000,timestamp=2019-02-26T09:25:56.336+0000) > > All I want is characters to look cool and have a hint of realism to them. Guy or girl, darkin or ascended. Im so tired of seeing girls and guys getting sexualized and looking attractive just because Riot wants them to ignoring lore and realism in favor of muscles, big breasts, attractive faces, etc. Then why are you playing this game instead of another game? >As said before you assumed I cared only about female characters ignoring the fact that we never went on the topic of male champs. I want a cool world with unique people, not attractive muscular men everywhere and every girl in Runeterra having the look of a model from instagram. The thing is, Riot has been doing this for years. They didn't start as For Honor and then switched to a flashy style. Also, I heard Path of Exile is free to play.
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=0005000100000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-02-26T10:53:14.244+0000) > > Then why are you playing this game instead of another game? > Im playing this game because I started out with it in 2015 and I think the games fun. The character designs wont stop me from playing the game I find entertaining, I just wish that they would put more effort into making better character designs that fit what themes or look they're trying to portray. I like this MOBA and I dont really like any other games out there atm. Plus the lore and world has be hooked even if some characters dont look the way they should. > The thing is, Riot has been doing this for years. They didn't start as For Honor and then switched to a flashy style. Also, I heard Path of Exile is free to play. I am well aware that Riot has been sexualizing their characters for years. I was a hormonal teen at the time I joined and I just cared about "Muh cool bulging muscled bad ass male" and thought nothing of it. But as I've matured I have cared more about character design and stories which is why I wish they would make a switch from always having sexy girls to having more bad ass girls. I would understand if they were a unpopular company and league just started being made and they needed a way to get people to play. But their game is very popular and they dont need to worry about making such sexy men/women when they can now focus on making cooler women who dont need boobs popping out to say "Hey play me" tbh its one of the reasons that drive me away from playing some of the girl characters which yes is pretty hypocritical because of the sexualizing males, but it may be because Im not attracted to men which I didnt really care about how the guys look other than bad ass. Also being sexy isnt bad but if you are sexy without a reason unlike Eve or Arhi whose sexiness is put into the lore then why is it there? You dont need to be ugly just average appearance I guess would be a good word for it not drop dead gorgeous and not ugly bag wearing girl. For Honor is a good example of what a female could look like in league without needed to have cleavage or a ass showing. Also I never heard of Path of Exile I'll check it out though.
: You only care because it is a female. You are just another sex negative hipster who complains about every attractive female but ignores huge realism problems on just about every male character.
> [{quoted}](name=Mira Arya Enthe,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=00050001000000000002,timestamp=2019-02-26T00:58:56.964+0000) > > You only care because it is a female. You are just another sex negative hipster who complains about every attractive female but ignores huge realism problems on just about every male character. Who said I only cared about just girls being sexy? I agree that most males are attractive for no reason {{champion:517}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:141}} are 3 that I can think of off the top of my head. Hell I love all 3 of these champs but I agree fully that they shouldnt be as good looking as they are. {{champion:517}} Sylas was in prison for 15 years tortured, given little food, and no showers yet he comes out with a very well built body, clean, Slick hair and stubble. If I was in charge of making him I would've made him messier and gruffer with longer messier hair and a full beard plus I would give him more body scars from guards abusing him and I would give him alot smaller build since theres no way he could come out that built, which could be a cool way to see him drag his gauntlets across summoners rift with less ease. {{champion:110}} Varus is a darkin who contains 2 men as vessels yet he doesnt look like a darkin or even shows how intense and disturbing a darkin could look with 2 bodies as kindling for building his new abomination of a body. I would push that as far as I could while giving him a look that speaks darkin. {{champion:141}} Kayn is a ninja which sure is okay for his well built body but he has serious flaws. Long hair, only has the "sexy" look for a person whose getting slowly corrupted by a darkin (Sexy red eye and one arm fully corrupt) and he wears no shirt which is dumb. What I'd do cut that hair for one and I would give him a more intense corruption appearance that shows things piercing out of his body and red skin showing on parts of his body, maybe mess up part of his face with the corruption instead of just having the eye be red, and have him wear a shirt thats ripped due to the corruption piercing the cloth and stuff. You are assuming I only care when its a female when in reality I would love for more realism to be placed in League's design. Do I think that female champs are made with sex in mind? Yeah I do because almost every league girl wears some sexualized clothing that isnt good for the environment. A example I have is Ashe. A leader and person from the Freljord a frigid harsh place where you need layers to live, what do we get? A girl with stockings a shirt and a hood... Give a look kinda like the comic version but with more furs and such that you'd see a Freljordian wear. Also dont give me that excuse of her living in a warmer area of the Freljord, it still doesnt give anyone the liberty to wear that type of clothing in the cold, take it from a person who lives in Canada where no matter where you are when it gets cold you wear warm clothing. Caitlyn is a good example too, sheriff of Piltover a pretty advanced place what would a sheriff wear? Ohh Cait is wearing a dress and has major cleavage, thats not what I officer should look like at all obviously. All I want is characters to look cool and have a hint of realism to them. Guy or girl, darkin or ascended. Im so tired of seeing girls and guys getting sexualized and looking attractive just because Riot wants them to ignoring lore and realism in favor of muscles, big breasts, attractive faces, etc. As said before you assumed I cared only about female characters ignoring the fact that we never went on the topic of male champs. I want a cool world with unique people, not attractive muscular men everywhere and every girl in Runeterra having the look of a model from instagram.
Terozu (NA)
: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/010/905/753/large/chengwei-pan-1.jpg Sorry? She has extremely wide, read, _muscular_, calves, as well as wide hips which is another side effect of muscle. You can see the crease along her naval line which implies abs. You singled out her arms, which are angled in such a way as to not show any definition and are armored.. She is not a body builder, but she is in fact, toned. She is built as having survived, not just barely, but really survived. This isn't a model's body. She has B cup breasts and average proportions at best. A toned body is not a super model body.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=00050001000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T23:46:49.677+0000) > > https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/010/905/753/large/chengwei-pan-1.jpg > > Sorry? > > She has extremely wide, read, _muscular_, calves, as well as wide hips which is another side effect of muscle. You can see the crease along her naval line which implies abs. You singled out her arms, which are angled in such a way as to not show any definition and are armored.. She is not a body builder, but she is in fact, toned. She is built as having survived, not just barely, but really survived. > > This isn't a model's body. She has B cup breasts and average proportions at best. A toned body is not a super model body. You realize that her calves are covered in void armor right?? How can you tell exactly howw wide her calves are? I'll give you the wide hips one because she does have wide hips. The crease doesnt always imply abs, skinny people can have that but show no abs. Hell if you dont believe me and you dont already have showing abs suck in your stomach if you arent too hefty and you can feel the naval line, it doesnt mean you have abs showing it means your skinny. Also I chose the arms because they are twig sized, contain no definition and she has no upper body strength which Im pretty sure if you're living in a harsh enviroment you cant skip arm and chest day and just do squats and call it a day. I never said she was a body builder and nor do I want her to be that muscular I just want her to be more built and less sexualized. I also said she never "barely survived" I understand that she did fairly well consider what she was put into. Yes it is a models body. Breast size doesnt determine who can or cant be a model, determining a super model maybe but a regular model could look like Kai'sa and to finish off I called her a super model she could go on instagram take some pose pics and become a model there easy because she was designed in a way that would make 12 year olds excited to see a sexy girl and not in a way that would show how surviving in a cave that holds monsters deadly enough to be a threat to god like beings (Aspects and ascended) would be on one young girl. No muscle and a body that is meant for posing and looking good on a camera rather than a girl surviving and thriving in a void cave
Terozu (NA)
: Have you ever looked at Kai'Sa's splash art? She has a toned slim and muscular body.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=000500010000,timestamp=2019-02-25T11:14:07.551+0000) > > Have you ever looked at Kai'Sa's splash art? > > She has a toned slim and muscular body. Yes and how is that toned and muscular? I see the exact same "sexy body" build that Riot puts on most of the female champions. Her arms have no definition or muscle to me. The arms look like the classic sexy girl skinny arms yet that could be due to the armor covering them. Her body isnt the "built for survival" one that a person would have normally its sexualized like a model or a girl you'd see in a fantasy RPG game. She has no muscle tone on her body, not even her legs.
: The entire point of Kai’Sa is that she isn’t a monster girl. I made the example in a reply to that tweet that Kai’Sa is Black Suit Spider-Man, not Venom. You look at her and see she’s clearly something else, not quite right, but she’s not some kind of monster. She doesn’t have a giant tooth filled maw or bestial shape, she still looks mostly human. Kai’Sa’s design is specifically made a certain way. 1st: They wanted her to be human above all else. That’s what makes her, her. She’s not a monster girl, she’s not a void beast. She’s human 2nd: She is a huntress, and above that, a master at it. She is in peak physical condition, and not as like a weight lifter, where they just get bulky. No, she has to be flexible, maneuverable, stealthy light-footed. Strong yes, but that’s not all she needs. 3rd: She was a survivor, yes, but not in the sense of “just hanging on”, no, she already got past that. She’s thriving in that environment, she made the Void fear her, she made the terrifying destroyers of reality her bitch, she became the thing that goes bump in the night. You can’t have those thing with the different takes people always say. “Oh, she should be thin and sickly, because she’s in a hostile environment”, which contradicts point 3. “She should be monster-like, or just straight up a void beast”, contradicts the first. And my personal most hated one : “in real life she shouldn’t be that curvy, she should be big and bulky like woman weight lifters”....like..what? Yeah, sure, she’s a bit idealized. But why the hell are you looking at weight lifters as if they are the only depiction of fit woman? That’s not what she is at all. Ignoring any one of those 3 core points of her story does a massive disservice to what she is supposed to be.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P5nAFGyh,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-02-24T21:16:58.442+0000) > > The entire point of Kai’Sa is that she isn’t a monster girl. > > I made the example in a reply to that tweet that Kai’Sa is Black Suit Spider-Man, not Venom. > > You look at her and see she’s clearly something else, not quite right, but she’s not some kind of monster. She doesn’t have a giant tooth filled maw or bestial shape, she still looks mostly human. > > Kai’Sa’s design is specifically made a certain way. > > 1st: They wanted her to be human above all else. That’s what makes her, her. She’s not a monster girl, she’s not a void beast. She’s human > > 2nd: She is a huntress, and above that, a master at it. She is in peak physical condition, and not as like a weight lifter, where they just get bulky. No, she has to be flexible, maneuverable, stealthy light-footed. Strong yes, but that’s not all she needs. > > 3rd: She was a survivor, yes, but not in the sense of “just hanging on”, no, she already got past that. She’s thriving in that environment, she made the Void fear her, she made the terrifying destroyers of reality her bitch, she became the thing that goes bump in the night. > > You can’t have those thing with the different takes people always say. “Oh, she should be thin and sickly, because she’s in a hostile environment”, which contradicts point 3. “She should be monster-like, or just straight up a void beast”, contradicts the first. And my personal most hated one : “in real life she shouldn’t be that curvy, she should be big and bulky like woman weight lifters”....like..what? > > Yeah, sure, she’s a bit idealized. But why the hell are you looking at weight lifters as if they are the only depiction of fit woman? That’s not what she is at all. > > Ignoring any one of those 3 core points of her story does a massive disservice to what she is supposed to be. You're right shes not suppose to be a monster girl and she is more like Venom suit Spider-Man. But this doesnt mean she has to look the way she does. Point 1- I agree with this. She does need to be human for her theme to be achieved. Point 2- Sure she needs to be in peak condition but that doesnt really look like a body a person who moves around and all that would have. Maybe Im wrong but she should be "toned" or atleast have some more muscle on her body. For instance I'd give her slight bulk not weight lifter level but Akali level if not a little bigger and make her legs more muscular and less "thicc" Point 3- Yeah shes not a desperate survivor and is doing well but that doesnt mean she shouldnt look different. Give her some scars because even if you're one of the best survivors in the world fighting monsters is bound to give you a scratch or 2. Her void suit should be a little more armored up not heavily but remove the cleavage area and add a small chest coverage to protect her, they could even add some battle damage to her void suit. Also for a someone who lives in some alien realm thing with thousands of things trying to kill you why would she look like she showered or have make up on? She should be dirtier and have no eye shadow or whatever its called and maybe tired eyes since shes in a place that she needs to be alert and may not be able to get enough sleep all the time. Also my pet peeve is that she shouldnt have long hair. Long hair leads to it getting grabbed and is a detriment to her survival if she has it, sure shes fast but if she gets grabbed theres nothing she can do. Sure she may not have scissors but whats stopping her from blasting some of it off or using a dead void creatures tooth to cut it? She is a survivor but she doesnt need to be a instagram model. HOW I'D MAKE HER LOOK AND TALK(This is my opinion and idea criticize it if you like but this is one mans idea) Give her a different jaw line (Seriously every girl has the same face basically give her a stronger jaw or something less like the usual sexy girl face), have her have short messy hair since it might be grabbed by voidlings if it was too long, give her tired eyes, give her scars on her face and the void suit she wears (Dont make them the "eye scar" look give her ones on the jaw, forehead, ext), have the suit be more void like with some armour instead of just smooth, make her voice be more gruff and be fed up with shit and less monotone or something that doesnt make it a bore to listen too, and finally have her void suit actually talk or growl so people actually know it’s alive since people probably have no idea about its sentients or not (Btw I know a Rioter said they didnt want another dual voice champ like Kayn for awhile but still a grow would be nice). TLDR: Even though she doesnt need that big of changes doesnt mean that she couldnt use a slightly fitter body, have some battle wounds/scars, slightly more armored suit, she should possibly look dirtier and not have make up look on her face, and a little idea for what I'd make her look like
Culinary (NA)
: If you wanted a champion(s) storyline to become a movie, which story would you want to see?
With the new lore involving {{champion:77}} if he got a movie it would be pretty interesting to see It could feature {{champion:106}} {{champion:113}} and solve mysteries about the Freljord and showcase the Ursine The style of the movie could be a mix of action and horror and truly be scary if done right
: So who do you think is getting the Cat skin for the Cat v Dog Event?
Grumpy Cat {{champion:516}} And Angry Dog {{champion:106}}
: In the meantime, here's a (fanmade) login screen to tide you over: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqrYfCx3YHo
> [{quoted}](name=NotaRobot1006,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7p1nj3FF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-20T01:35:27.816+0000) > > In the meantime, here's a (fanmade) login screen to tide you over: > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqrYfCx3YHo Hell yeah!!! This is bad ass!
Rioter Comments
: I mean, rattling chains is a long used litterary tool to invoke feelings of dread and anxiety. So having to listen to that every second as a player might wear people down a bit. That's just a guess though. Not really sure if that would be true or not. All i know is I've seen people tilt at how loud Kleds{{champion:240}} mount skarl's feet are sometimes, can only imagine their reaction to the chains.
> [{quoted}](name=ZaneShadow,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=j6EHF6EH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-02T00:06:02.428+0000) > > I mean, rattling chains is a long used litterary tool to invoke feelings of dread and anxiety. So having to listen to that every second as a player might wear people down a bit. > > That's just a guess though. Not really sure if that would be true or not. All i know is I've seen people tilt at how loud Kleds{{champion:240}} mount skarl's feet are sometimes, can only imagine their reaction to the chains. Thats true but I think they could turn it into a ctrl 5 or something so people can choose
: One thing I'd like to see change on Sylas
Rioter Comments
Rodsquad (EUW)
: Who does boards want VGU'd
I really want {{champion:106}} or {{champion:80}} For 1 reason is that they are old and don't really fit the new themes for them (Thousand pierced bear demi god and aspect of war from Targon) I feel like a VGU would make them both incredibly interesting and shine new light/lore on these characters and people they interact with Reason 2 which is mainly for Volibear only its from my own view where he means alot for me as a character. He helped me get out of bronze when I first started playing ranked and hes always had a soft spot in my heart and I want nothing more than to see him updated and turned into a much better and cooler champion than he is right now.
: I hate the writers for making Demacia look like the worse possible while idolatrizing Bilgewater and Noxus.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=woB6Eshz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-25T18:42:01.311+0000) > > I hate the writers for making Demacia look like the worse possible while idolatrizing Bilgewater and Noxus. They don't? I dont understand what you mean by that Noxus and Bilgewater are still horrible places to live too. Noxus: How strong you are determines your power as a person of Noxus. Sure they allow people with magic but if you aren't strong you cant really survive in Noxus. Bilgewater: A pirate island where people are killed on the docks with pyke. There are giant sea creatures ready to destroy ships just for being in open water. They are in the process of a political shift with Miss Fortune becoming the ruler of Bilgewater ever since the Burning Tides event and Gangplank is gonna fight hard to come back to being the leader. Not to mention the Harrowing that happens every few years. No place is easy to live in just like real life. Every place has a pro and a con so instead of getting upset that Demacia is now a more unique and not as boring as it once was be happy that its changing.
: Anyone else h8 demacia after sylas was announced
I personally love Demacia now. Ever since they made it so they hated magic it became so much more interesting than just a "Good kingdom that fights for good and nothing else". Demacia is more unique and now has a much more to offer than a goody 2 shoes kingdom. Also Im pretty sure they do still exile mages from Demacia but they may just lock up some of the other mages for some reason.
: So my boy Sylas isn't getting a Login Theme
https://youtu.be/MfBINVasJ2k This is his login
FFrazien (EUW)
: Another roadmap another disappointment since it's probably {{champion:106}} and not cancer champ like{{champion:23}} {{champion:92}}
> [{quoted}](name=FFrazien,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=J8tOzbOu,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-01-22T19:26:58.711+0000) > > Another roadmap another disappointment since it's probably {{champion:106}} and not cancer champ like{{champion:23}} {{champion:92}} I personally have been waiting for Volibear to get a rework for years now. Hes a bad ass character in the lore and deserves to get updated to such a level
Rioter Comments
yeulx (NA)
: Prestige skins turned into what i feared they would
What they should've done with Hextech and Prestige is make them like "mini legendaries" Where they give them new animations but no voice lines. Idk just something to make them alot more interesting and cool to get rather than just a 1350 skin that you need tokens or gems for
VortexV9 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Issa Me Atrix,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EAL5wsiJ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-06T07:09:52.435+0000) > > U wot m8? > > [What about this line?](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/e/e6/Aatrox_402.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20180612213427) > > [Or this one?](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/f/fb/Aatrox_481.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20180612213822) > > [Or how about this one?](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/f/f4/Aatrox_293.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20180612212831) > > He has many more lines like this. The lines you're talking about are the first encounter lines you probably saw in Skin Spotlights' Interactions video and you just assumed that's all there is to him. The thing about those is that you'll only hear one of them once per game, since most of them are towards top laners (Though I do admit a few of them are a bit weird and too goofy for his character, like the one he has towards Taric). " "A bird? You would challenge me with a bird?!" *Laughs* "Come! " " Am I challenged by a tree?! Fine, let me build a pyre from you! " " Where is your head, rock thing? Where is the neck I shall sever? " " "A lightning squirrel?" *Laughs* "Thank you! Your death will amuse me " Ooh, a shadow warrior! How edgy! " " Guns and oranges? Are you a cliché or a joke? Come! Fight! Die! " Scissors for legs... Okay, I thought I had seen stupid designs before... Alright, let's go. " Pray, fool! You face a Darkin. " Varus, 'V' 'A' 'R' 'U' 'S', your name should have an 'A' and then another 'A', Varus. There was a memo, Varus, there was a memo!" " A scythe? A scythe?! Are you planning on murdering fields of wheat?! WHAT A BADASS CHARACTER.... He is not supose to be jokey characther he is fck Destroyer Aatrox... Old one is just far better: " This battle will be my masterpiece. " There will be no retreat. " "Rage against the dying of the light " Pain is temporary, victory is forever! " Surpass the frailty of your form. " They will greet you as heroes." " This is no mere massacre; this is my masterwork - THIS WAS HIS JOKE NOT " GET A HAIRCUT or VARUS V A R U S.. like what... " Die with fear in your heart, or win with blood on your hands. Sure new one got some badass lines but not near old one.. Old Aatrox is more badass in every single possible way..
> WHAT A BADASS CHARACTER.... He is not supose to be jokey characther he is fck Destroyer Aatrox... Old one is just far better: I mean to be fair Aatrox's character was changed with his rework he doesn't care about making battles his "masterpiece" by going to different battles and helping one side or the other he just wants annihilation for what the world did to him, he was once a noble godlike warrior but turned into a suffering monster that must jump from host to host because his power burns out the bodies and when he doesnt have a host he feels like hes suffocating but cant breath. This quote is probably his best to explain that "How far I have fallen! A god... reduced to a prisoner!" This Aatrox I feel is way more bad ass and has a good story idea, not saying that old Aatrox wasnt bad ass but why would he help each side making them strong for no reason? A character that is just a one note character isn't as interesting as one that actually has different emotions. Old Aatrox had pretty much no emotion to himself and spoke pretty monotone from what I can remember. New Aatrox on the other hand has several different emotions Anger from the betrayal of the people he swore to protect when he was just a ascended and hadn't turned into a darkin Despair/misery/shame from how he went from a god like being who fought for the good of the world to a prisoner in a blade who can only live off hosts Happiness or at least can feel humor which can be due to madness from how long hes been trapped in his sword prison (Look at Rhaast for instance hes humorous and somewhat mad due to how long he was in the scythe before Kayn picked him up) Pride since he was a very powerful being who was a warrior against the Void ("Dark deeds I will do this day... Though I will carry myself as my former pride dictates!") Btw this is just my opinion and you are entitled to yours I am just saying what I believe about the 2 Aatroxs
Show more

Armored One

Level 227 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion