Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Manxxom (NA)
: Braum's login them at 1.5x the speed sounds so catchy
its fun if you slowly speed it up and slow it down with the drums.
Ooduwa (NA)
: And this is why this game is dying. Illogical disciplinary system that vigorously punishes "toxicity", while simultaneously protecting trolls and intentional feeders. Nothing in the above warranted a ban. That's a joke.
> [{quoted}](name=Ooduwa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EU0mzMYI,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-12T01:54:37.050+0000) > > And this is why this game is dying. Illogical disciplinary system that vigorously punishes "toxicity", while simultaneously protecting trolls and intentional feeders. > > Nothing in the above warranted a ban. That's a joke. you say that its protecting trolls but it obviously flagged and got you. Seems the system is working fine to me.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
zoldikxKIll (EUNE)
: Reworked Ezreal
i did like old ez more... BUT the more i play new ez the more his visuals grow on me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zaFFOFbe,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-02T22:57:58.261+0000) > > No every game is winnable my man. Ive won plenty of 3v5, 4v5's. Plenty of times when both nexus towers are down and we have three inhibs crashing. I've won impossible games many many times. A game is never over until the nexus falls stop being toxic. If you won a game, then it was by default not "impossible" as you say. And just because you've won those types of games does not mean everyone else can. That all depends on your team, your champs, the enemy and their champs. Why do you think the surrender option is even in the game if "every game is winnable" as you like to parrot. They are not. Sometimes, you lose. Sure some 4v5's you win, but most of the time, you lose. And all it does is piss people off who saw it coming a mile away. Don't project your games on everyone else. And by the way; it is literally impossible for every game to be winnable. Someone has to lose. And most people don't feel like putting in the huge amount of effort to win a 4v5 only to just lose anyway. Your blind optimism is wayy more toxic than someone not wanting to fight a losing battle. All you're doing is forcing them to play only to sit there and look dumb when you lose anyway. That's not fun. Especially in ranked queues.
> [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zaFFOFbe,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-03T23:37:37.703+0000) > > If you won a game, then it was by default not "impossible" as you say. And just because you've won those types of games does not mean everyone else can. That all depends on your team, your champs, the enemy and their champs. Why do you think the surrender option is even in the game if "every game is winnable" as you like to parrot. They are not. Sometimes, you lose. Sure some 4v5's you win, but most of the time, you lose. And all it does is piss people off who saw it coming a mile away. Don't project your games on everyone else. > > And by the way; it is literally impossible for every game to be winnable. Someone has to lose. And most people don't feel like putting in the huge amount of effort to win a 4v5 only to just lose anyway. Your blind optimism is wayy more toxic than someone not wanting to fight a losing battle. All you're doing is forcing them to play only to sit there and look dumb when you lose anyway. That's not fun. Especially in ranked queues. Lol bruh dont play ranked please. You are obviously just looking for a verbal argument and super pessimistic. You aren't going to win any games with that attitude for now im done with you. You are lvl 64 trying to talk about how much you know the game. Try playing for a little bit and have some optimism see how your match history turns around.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zaFFOFbe,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-02T01:36:49.578+0000) > > Yes because that mentality is a negative attitude. Every game is winnable and you just giving up isnt going to get you anywhere. Focus on what you can do to win instead of focusing on the fact that you are losing. Losing doesn't mean lost. Every game is not winnable. And that's a horrible attitude to have. Sometimes, you just lose, no matter how hard you try. That is reality. And 2 people dragging on a game that was long since lost is way more toxic than admitting when you've lost and moving on.
> [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zaFFOFbe,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-02T20:31:13.206+0000) > > Every game is not winnable. And that's a horrible attitude to have. Sometimes, you just lose, no matter how hard you try. That is reality. And 2 people dragging on a game that was long since lost is way more toxic than admitting when you've lost and moving on. No every game is winnable my man. Ive won plenty of 3v5, 4v5's. Plenty of times when both nexus towers are down and we have three inhibs crashing. I've won impossible games many many times. A game is never over until the nexus falls stop being toxic.
fƒ15 (NA)
: I remember saying shen wasn't a support even tho considered 1 on boards and my post got removed
I mean shens a fine support. To answer the question of if he is a support first you have to define what a support is. 1: cc- check 2: can take a hit-check 3: Some way to save adc-check 4: Syncs with one of the support items-check Those are just a few on top of the fact that he can dish some damage out as well for great trades and peel for the adc very very well. If you dont count shen as a support you might as well count braum, leona, malphite, ali, and many more out as well since they all fill very similar roles as support characters.
Zed genius (EUNE)
: You want Riot to stop making theme skins for the same champs?
I play a lot of ezreal. If they keep making skins for him I'll keep buying them. This new one is really going to be cool too.
: hunters potion should not have been removed
Mage junglers are going to suffer a lot i feel like with it out.
: Sooo, Saying you don't wanna play a game you know you're gonna lose is bannable, got it Riot.
Yes because that mentality is a negative attitude. Every game is winnable and you just giving up isnt going to get you anywhere. Focus on what you can do to win instead of focusing on the fact that you are losing. Losing doesn't mean lost.
: BRING BACK HUNTERS POTION!
I too feel a void where hunters potion used to be. Seems like mage junglers are going to suffer the most. I thought it was great but you cant ignore facts i guess. If no one was taking it besides the few on this post and myself then I guess we were wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BPLatkaa,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-24T00:56:31.473+0000) > > I wasnt talking about the signatures was I? They used to just offer skin bundles without all the other stuff attached just the skins and it was usually a 20 percent discount or so to buy them in a bundle like that. I was talking about the bundle they currently have.
> [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BPLatkaa,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-24T01:05:23.817+0000) > > I was talking about the bundle they currently have. yes which i specifically said in my post was a horrible bundle. Im talking about the fact that there is no regular skin bundle the current bundle is whatever i dont want the gemstone and i dont want the icons i just want the skins and they used to have a bundle just for that.
: It's the same price as buying the signatures individually except you get a ward and a gemstone, both of which are kinda not worth paying full price for.
> [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BPLatkaa,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-24T00:39:32.897+0000) > > It's the same price as buying the signatures individually except you get a ward and a gemstone, both of which are kinda not worth paying full price for. I wasnt talking about the signatures was I? They used to just offer skin bundles without all the other stuff attached just the skins and it was usually a 20 percent discount or so to buy them in a bundle like that.
: "After Mordekaiser’s VGU this year, we’ll have gotten through the last of the champions..."
I mean he has an ultimate skin... which let's be honest here. People who play udyr have the ultimate skin xD. Plus that is such a selective quote considering literally a few sentences later they say "for a while" they never said they wouldnt touch on other champs they just said they are going to focus on new champs mainly for the remainder of the year. They were just addressing that they got the majority of the really really bad champs done. Remember old sion? Or maybe old Urgot? Those were really bad. Udyr isnt nearly as bad as they were so he wont be prioritized like they were. He will most likely get a small vgu eventually but nothing on the scale of urgot, sion, morde, and even nunu. Mainly because those champs were so hindered compared to the current champ pools that they were unplayable. Udyr on the other hand still gets a significant amount of playtime.
Rioter Comments
: The prices for the IG bundles arnt Justified.
Seriously I was wondering the same thing... Back when you could just get bundles on the whole set was so much better I was really excited for these skins now idk if Im gonna buy them all since its gonna cost an arm and a leg.
: > [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-19T03:41:37.010+0000) > > Im aware they dont like i have said many times over though if they thought an idea was cool enough they retain the right to use that idea its plain and simple. Actually, you started by saying that they do look at players' champ concepts and saying otherwise is "shutting down" an idea, but I see that you've changed your mind (although you're pretending that you've just been saying that they retain the rights all along... whatever; it's all good). How nice that you now agree with me, anyway. Have a good one.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-19T03:48:40.834+0000) > > Actually, you started by saying that they do look at players' champ concepts and saying otherwise is "shutting down" an idea, but I see that you've changed your mind (although you're pretending that you've just been saying that they retain the rights all along... whatever; it's all good). How nice that you now agree with me, anyway. Have a good one. I did say they do because in the updated terms of use they do say they do that... whether or not they use the concept is a whole other matter. Literally in the very first response to you I mentioned the fact that they retain the right as well. So idk why you are being so over opinionated about something that is factual.
: New Gnar Skin
that is a really cool skin i wish he had something like that.
Jamaree (NA)
: Sounds like you want a single player game then.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ErgbWkkP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-19T03:39:22.808+0000) > > Sounds like you want a single player game then. Great beneficial point to the conversation of this game and the state of ranked thank you for your wise words senpai so glad you stopped here to share that.
: > [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-18T17:08:22.232+0000) > > Yeah like I said in my second comment I agree with you the chances are very slim but hey it's always worth a shot to see if the community likes it right? It's what makes the community fun and strays away from the toxicity you know? The purpose of posting champion concepts is for the poster to enjoy the process. New champions don't come from player-made concepts due to legal fears. If posting a concept is contingent on Riot looking at it and trying it out, that's not really the right motivation for C&C. OP should post their idea if they feel like it - no more, no less.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-18T19:54:49.108+0000) > > The purpose of posting champion concepts is for the poster to enjoy the process. New champions don't come from player-made concepts due to legal fears. If posting a concept is contingent on Riot looking at it and trying it out, that's not really the right motivation for C&C. OP should post their idea if they feel like it - no more, no less. Im aware they dont like i have said many times over though if they thought an idea was cool enough they retain the right to use that idea its plain and simple.
: > [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=0000000100010000,timestamp=2019-04-18T17:05:41.379+0000) > > https://www.riotgames.com/en/legal > > Number 7 That says something very similar, but more specific: merely that Riot has the right to use anything anyone posts here. It doesn't say they peruse the place looking for ideas to implement. I'm not sure where you got your initial statement from. I was quoting from the ToU: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse Number 4.5
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=00000001000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-18T19:51:57.505+0000) > > That says something very similar, but more specific: merely that Riot has the right to use anything anyone posts here. It doesn't say they peruse the place looking for ideas to implement. I'm not sure where you got your initial statement from. > > I was quoting from the ToU: > > https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse > > Number 4.5 Thats a terms of use from 2017 which has been changed many times over since then. If you post a cool idea they retain the right to use it its not that complicated. This includes champ concepts if it were to get enough attention. **Not saying that it ever would or has**. Just saying they could if they wanted to use the idea.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-18T07:40:54.122+0000) > > Don't shut down people's posts when you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not trying to shut down anything; just explaining what the chances are of Riot using a player's champion concept. In fact, they've gone to great lengths in the past to defend certain champs as original Riot concepts when they share some similarities to a player's idea: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32210992#32210992 I do have some idea of what I'm talking about. :P
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-18T09:25:42.180+0000) > > I'm not trying to shut down anything; just explaining what the chances are of Riot using a player's champion concept. In fact, they've gone to great lengths in the past to defend certain champs as original Riot concepts when they share some similarities to a player's idea: > > http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32210992#32210992 > > I do have some idea of what I'm talking about. :P Yeah like I said in my second comment I agree with you the chances are very slim but hey it's always worth a shot to see if the community likes it right? It's what makes the community fun and strays away from the toxicity you know?
: > [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-04-18T07:39:11.341+0000) > > I mean if you read the Terms and Conditions they specifically say they do and that if they like an idea they retain the right to that idea. > > But hey what do I know. I only read the thing that you accept legally before using a product. Do you mean this part of the thing we both read? > 4.5. Can I submit ideas for improving the Game to Riot? (Please don’t. If you do anyways, we’ll have the absolute right to use it forever.) It doesn't specifically say they'll look at (or even do) anything. It clearly says "please don't" even submit anything, but if you do, they hold the rights to it.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2019-04-18T09:23:09.235+0000) > > Do you mean this part of the thing we both read? > > It doesn't specifically say they'll look at (or even do) anything. It clearly says "please don't" even submit anything, but if you do, they hold the rights to it. https://www.riotgames.com/en/legal Number 7
: Control Wards.
You either buy a shiny item or get vision for your team. To be honest I think its pretty fair trade both options are beneficial with sufficient risks and rewards involved.
: Check again :/ The individual scores matter more than the objective scores when deciding if someone belongs in Bronze/Silver or not, if you aren't the jungler (who was pretty great, to be honest.) Notice how a majority of the damage was dealt by me, and a majority of the wards placed by me, and a majority of the pushing done by me, and a majority of the CC on my hands. Olaf was pretty good too, but even then... how are you supposed to carry a Katarina who legitimately intentionally feeds kills to the enemy team? If she feeds it to Yasuo, the answer is 'You can't.' Also, a great player and 4 shitty ones vs. 5 average/good ones is not fair matchmaking because champions like Yasuo exist.
> [{quoted}](name=Kitsuné Orrion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7jrmXRP6,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-17T00:18:41.781+0000) > > Check again :/ The individual scores matter more than the objective scores when deciding if someone belongs in Bronze/Silver or not, if you aren't the jungler (who was pretty great, to be honest.) Notice how a majority of the damage was dealt by me, and a majority of the wards placed by me, and a majority of the pushing done by me, and a majority of the CC on my hands. Olaf was pretty good too, but even then... how are you supposed to carry a Katarina who legitimately intentionally feeds kills to the enemy team? If she feeds it to Yasuo, the answer is 'You can't.' > > Also, a great player and 4 shitty ones vs. 5 average/good ones is not fair matchmaking because champions like Yasuo exist. If you want to talk about individual scores then maybe you should think about the fact that you played teemo. Who i shouldn't have to remind you counters literally most of that enemy team if you were as good as you say then yasuo should not have been that fed and udyr should have been literally non existent.
Fobu (NA)
: Tips on how to win a 4v5?
It's all very dependent on the situation and what the team comps look like. How much time you have been in the game, what is your comp, how are individuals doing on your team, how many objectives do you have/have you lost, etc... The point is that you need to figure out what you need to do in these given scenarios during a 4v5 and in low elo to be honest you need communication which we know isnt a huge thing in lower tiers. Really the best option to prevent a 4v5 loss is to get really good at hard carrying which I know its a team game but the better you do and the more plays you make the better your team will perform around you **IF** (let me repeat that). **IF** and only if you as an individual make the correct choices with your team. It's still very possible that you could be doing extremely well and make poor choices for your team and get everyone aced. So I would recommend hitting youtube and watching videos that focus on macro gameplay because that is a huge part of winning in general but also in winning a 4v5. Dont just watch one youtuber or streamer talk about it though watch a lot of videos and get as much information on macro as you can and how to play around it. Hope this helps sorry for the long response.
: @Riot, If I post my my own concept of a new champion..
You should post it in the story, art, and sound forum and if it gets enough attention you never know maybe one day... But it is a very very slim possibility there are thousands of people who have posted ideas there that have just sat because people didnt like it. Remember art is subjective and dont be upset if people dont like it just try and figure out what people like and go from there.
: > [{quoted}](name=Post Mordem,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-18T06:15:18.736+0000) > > Any idea how I can willingly and legally give them a champ idea? They simply do not do that.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-18T06:32:08.639+0000) > > They simply do not do that. Don't shut down people's posts when you have no idea what you are talking about.
: Riot specifically _does not_ look at players' champion concepts for legal reasons (IP concerns).
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4K8WqIkc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-18T06:02:27.394+0000) > > Riot specifically _does not_ look at players' champion concepts for legal reasons (IP concerns). I mean if you read the Terms and Conditions they specifically say they do and that if they like an idea they retain the right to that idea. But hey what do I know. I only read the thing that you accept legally before using a product.
SnupRawr (NA)
: God i fucking hate smurfs in bots.
A little confused to why you are flaming teammates in bot games?
: If you could revert a champion lore update who would it be?
Maokai... Being a twisted byproduct of the rift was much cooler. The whole rift idea was much better as an arena for all these different factions to settle their differences. Even renekton being shackled inside the summoners area never to seek revenge was cool. The retcon killed a lot of cool lore.
: Sivir, Nocturne, and Morgana Spell shields say hi. Don’t throw your ult when you know he still has windwall. It’s that easy.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HdGWyloW,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-03-22T20:30:42.368+0000) > > Sivir, Nocturne, and Morgana Spell shields say hi. > > Don’t throw your ult when you know he still has windwall. It’s that easy. It's always an awkward moment when a moderator is wrong. Those spell shields you are mentioning block one ability... Like the response said windwall can block multiple abilities at once and all autos it doesn't break after one thing slams into it... On top of that by the time it's done the fights over so waiting it out is rarely an option. Edit. Besides morg who obviously needs a ton of AP to make her shield block more damage and on top of that only spell damage not any physical abilities yet another drawback compared to windwall.
: Permaban from a single game with no prior history at all, excuse me?
There is a magic combo of words that will get you permabanned no matter what... i'll let you guess at what it is... im assuming you said it.
: Is it just me or is Kayle OP atm?
I think you dont understand the point of new kayle... she's like nasus or ryze or any other late scaling champion you have to win before it gets to her craziness. What you are saying would remove a lot of identity from the playstyle... I'm also assuming that you want pantheon to be more balanced across the board even though he's the exact opposite of kayle and is an early game powerhouse who tapers off. It's the same concept some champs just scale into the late. In the current meta if you allow it to get that late then you dont deserve to win anyways since the large majority of games dont even make it to thirty minutes anymore.
AIfred (OCE)
: Way to ask for a Permanent or Temporary chat restriction on your account.
I have asked before they gave me some vague response to why they couldn't do it. I am in the same boat as you.
Rioter Comments
: I literally did just this. Played kayle fresh in ranked. We slaughtered bot lane. Because shes a new champion friend. Which means shes automatically better than a VAST amount of champs. Lets just list the few things she has. Kayle now has: Magic armor shred, Armors shred, a slow, a heal, a % movespeed buff (fucking 50%+ap for you AND an ally?), she does AOE damage, she has a % hp damage move, she casts aoe, she gets ranged, she has an invulerability ult, her passive makes her attack faster, she has a passive that lets her do bonus magic damage. OH AND she does aoe true damage at level 16. Compared to someone like... allistar. The best allistar in the universe vs a first time kayle? Guess who is gonna win...
> [{quoted}](name=CurrentBanTallyV,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U3K4x4AP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-07T01:47:52.459+0000) > > I literally did just this. Played kayle fresh in ranked. We slaughtered bot lane. > > Because shes a new champion friend. Which means shes automatically better than a VAST amount of champs. > > Lets just list the few things she has. > > Kayle now has: Magic armor shred, Armors shred, a slow, a heal, a % movespeed buff (fucking 50%+ap for you AND an ally?), she does AOE damage, she has a % hp damage move, she casts aoe, she gets ranged, she has an invulerability ult, her passive makes her attack faster, she has a passive that lets her do bonus magic damage. > > OH AND she does aoe true damage at level 16. > > Compared to someone like... allistar. > > The best allistar in the universe vs a first time kayle? Guess who is gonna win... You realize she had most of these things before the rework right? -_-
: > [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EJm1Ip5T,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-19T00:21:58.085+0000) > > I personally very much like the new walk... he has needed new animations for years and i think they did a splendid job. great but not everyone thinks so, so it would be fair that at least one skin (and the more serious one at that) can keep the older walk.
> [{quoted}](name=Saint Taint,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EJm1Ip5T,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T00:36:27.799+0000) > > great but not everyone thinks so, so it would be fair that at least one skin (and the more serious one at that) can keep the older walk. I'm going to compare this to allergies in restaurants maybe that will make sense for you. A very small number of people have allergies. Lets go with nut allergies for this conversation. Say you have a dish that has a nut based ingredient. A person walks into the establishment and asks for that plate of food and says they have a very serious nut allergy and can't even be in the same room as them. The restaurant informs them that there are plenty of products inside the kitchen that contain nuts. The customer then says well thats stupid why. They then explain to them that the vast majority of people do not have nut allergies so as a business we do not cater to the one percent but instead the majority as we are a business and cant please everyone. So in this scenario you are the person with an allergy you are very minor compared to the rest of the people in the community who wanted a new animation and welcome it. So no they will not be catering to you as an individual as the masses actually like the change.
BradNo (NA)
: Lux's R goes through Yasuo's Windwall
There used to be a pro tip that said windwall doesnt block beams or lazor type abilities.
: Does Riot chat restrict people anymore?
depends what you did... if you just argued and were being negative its a chat restriction... otherwise cursing, flaming, and any thing of that sort will usually result in a suspension as they try to clean up this toxic community... people do not learn from chat restrictions its not harsh enough.
: Please do not change the walk for masked shaco skin
I personally very much like the new walk... he has needed new animations for years and i think they did a splendid job.
Prandine (NA)
: Simply put the mute button is not a get out of jail free card as it's meant to be a band-aid solution at most. Don't like being punished for flaming others? Then don't flame others like an immature brat, it's that simple. From the [Tribunal FAQ](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2411284): >**What's the point of having a language filter if I can get banned for 'adult' language?** We aren't out to punish players who use adult language; in fact, very few players are ever banned for saying stuff like "f***, I missed that skill shot" or "damn, f***ing close game!" However, the language filter is not an excuse to verbally abuse someone in the game. When you verbally abuse or harass someone by calling them "f***ing ******" or "n*gger noob", that's when you've crossed the line and will be punished by the Tribunal. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we aren't trying to clean online games of adult language; we're trying to reform or get rid of jerks who like to verbally abuse and harass other players. >**Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?** Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vyEA5Hz3,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-11-22T03:51:36.623+0000) > > Simply put the mute button is not a get out of jail free card as it's meant to be a band-aid solution at most. Don't like being punished for flaming others? Then don't flame others like an immature brat, it's that simple. From the [Tribunal FAQ](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2411284): > We aren't out to punish players who use adult language; in fact, very few players are ever banned for saying stuff like "f***, I missed that skill shot" or "damn, f***ing close game!" However, the language filter is not an excuse to verbally abuse someone in the game. When you verbally abuse or harass someone by calling them "f***ing ******" or "n*gger noob", that's when you've crossed the line and will be punished by the Tribunal. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we aren't trying to clean online games of adult language; we're trying to reform or get rid of jerks who like to verbally abuse and harass other players. > Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player. You aren't getting the point of what this post is about my friend. But hey that's okay but don't post something like that if you have no idea of the intentions of this post are since you are clearly missing the whole point.
Arsinik (NA)
: Mute and Chat Filter
Saying a game is already toxic just because someone said something you dont like shouldnt be the answer just mute and move on there is literally no reason to report if you just mute then you dont have to hear it you dont have to mute you have the option to mute and therefor remove yourself from the situation so you dont have to hear it. Just because someone says something you dont like doesnt mean they should get a ban. Honestly the only bannable offenses should be inting and leaving, because those actually effect quality of game... if you choose not to mute then you are being just as toxic as the person who is being toxic because you are contributing to them. Them talking shouldnt alter your gameplay if you mute because you wouldnt have anything to worry about.
Arsinik (NA)
: Mute and Chat Filter
Gotta love downvotes for just stating an opinion here with valid points xD.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Show more

Arsinik

Level 212 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion