: why is everyone so excited to surrender. If youre playing the game to win 100% of the time, and not to have fun, you have a addiction that needs professional attention. Just because youre losing doesn't mean you, your teammates, or your opponents aren't having fun. Stop taking it so seriously. but on a more serious note, stop playing this crappy game.
> [{quoted}](name=PhearBunny,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xdQrEM2j,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-26T01:18:04.991+0000) > > why is everyone so excited to surrender. > If youre playing the game to win 100% of the time, and not to have fun, you have a addiction that needs professional attention. > > Just because youre losing doesn't mean you, your teammates, or your opponents aren't having fun. Stop taking it so seriously. > > but on a more serious note, stop playing this crappy game. I play the game to have fun, surrendering means you don't want to play anymore because you aren't having fun. If I play to win 100% of the time, then I would never surrender. If 4 people out of 5 surrenders, then 80% of the ally team isn't having fun, so this isn't a selfish thing at all. It's selfish to keep the game going because you don't want to surrender but the rest of your team wants to.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Bronze 1 99LP,realm=EUW,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=1WLp1eYt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-13T05:30:32.381+0000) > > eu/na can't compete with the mentally superior asians EU can, NA can't. Fnatic defeated Kingzone DragonX.
> [{quoted}](name=Just Jangle,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=1WLp1eYt,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-13T05:43:28.361+0000) > > EU can, NA can't. > > Fnatic defeated Kingzone DragonX. they took down china tho
: With Pobelter and DLift as perennial disappointments on the international stage, this is no surprise.
> [{quoted}](name=ChompyWulf,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=pxUFt2Vw,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-13T00:36:17.729+0000) > > With Pobelter and DLift as perennial disappointments on the international stage, this is no surprise. or literally the whole line up of every na team ever
: For whatever reason, the group stage is also being held in the EU LCS studio. This is different from previous years where they were held in arenas of some sort (2017 Play In was held at the CBLOL Studio but still...) I agree it's definitely an international downgrade. I can only assume each group stage had its share of spacious seating so renting out arenas for just the playoffs would be more feasible and a save of money. I think after enough years and even experiencing MSI myself I'm just fine with watching with whatever audience as long as there's an audience.
> [{quoted}](name=GeminiRune,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=W9g2fMMt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-12T19:09:27.664+0000) > > For whatever reason, the group stage is also being held in the EU LCS studio. This is different from previous years where they were held in arenas of some sort (2017 Play In was held at the CBLOL Studio but still...) > > I agree it's definitely an international downgrade. I can only assume each group stage had its share of spacious seating so renting out arenas for just the playoffs would be more feasible and a save of money. > > I think after enough years and even experiencing MSI myself I'm just fine with watching with whatever audience as long as there's an audience. Yea but it takes the soul away from the game, last year there was immense yelling and screaming for joy everytime your team made an outplay or won something, now its just like a horrible comedy standup.
Rioter Comments
: you also have to consider the fact that someone else getting an s still counts as yours
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iPGkoqkA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-14T06:39:18.781+0000) > > you also have to consider the fact that someone else getting an s still counts as yours Yea but that doesn't contribute to the fact that getting an S on an unfamiliar champion you don't own is ironically harder than getting an S on a main and how you don't get rewarded for doing well on other champions.
Rioter Comments
: Have the dates for Rift Rivals been announced?
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/2018-global-esports-event-announcement July 2-8
: Please turn All-Stars back into this sort of fun silly competition. Worlds for skill, all-stars for memes.
Yea last All Stars was basically diet worlds. This, on the other hand, is what All Star's should have been.
Lancér (NA)
: I can grant you that locationally it's likely more expensive to have these events in places like Miami and San Fran, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that in the last 2-3 years the whole venue getting smaller thing has been more trend than it has been random happening. I'm concerned because there's a CLEAR difference between NA and EU, and it just looks cheap. It looked like the NA finals was played in front of maybe a thousand or so people, but EU had them center stage in an ARENA and it was clear that there were thousands and thousands of fans included in that event. I just think it sucks, and if we're being honest, there are few games, maybe not any, that can claim the same level of success that Riot's League of Legends has claimed. Sure, you could make an argument for Counter-Strike, and Fortnite looks to be burning up the scene recently, so it'll likely get pretty big too, but there are few, if not no games to compare league to as far as viewership and player base and flat out MONEY they earn. The Riot guys have PLENTY of money to hold a big event, and they're not paying the players nearly as much as you may think. Remember that most of the money that players are making from season to season play in NA is through their contracts after franchising. Yea, they're doing very well for themselves NOW, but Riot isn't shelling out a ton of money the players per contract. Their ORGs are paying them the big money. Riot is only responsible for supplying event and seasonal based winnings. They also supplement worlds winnings a little bit, but they still make MORE money than they actually give back to the players. To me, it just sounds like Riot is being cheap and they don't want to pay for halfway decent venues. That sucks, in my opinion, and shortchanging fans who actually want to come to these events by only providing like 1500 seats for an event when EU is selling out Arenas will be why League of Legends dies in NA eventually. I mean, people that are connected to the Riot scene have even expressed concern over this, so please don't think, I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining. Other people are noticing the constantly shrinking venues they've been crapping out the last couple of years. It's not something that will go on unnoticed. I mean, the crowd at Spring Finals looked maybe three times bigger than their average, weekly base of spectators back in Cali. That's pretty weak...
> [{quoted}](name=Lancér,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=JoP8xMbI,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T01:30:10.292+0000) > > I can grant you that locationally it's likely more expensive to have these events in places like Miami and San Fran, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that in the last 2-3 years the whole venue getting smaller thing has been more trend than it has been random happening. I'm concerned because there's a CLEAR difference between NA and EU, and it just looks cheap. It looked like the NA finals was played in front of maybe a thousand or so people, but EU had them center stage in an ARENA and it was clear that there were thousands and thousands of fans included in that event. > > I just think it sucks, and if we're being honest, there are few games, maybe not any, that can claim the same level of success that Riot's League of Legends has claimed. Sure, you could make an argument for Counter-Strike, and Fortnite looks to be burning up the scene recently, so it'll likely get pretty big too, but there are few, if not no games to compare league to as far as viewership and player base and flat out MONEY they earn. The Riot guys have PLENTY of money to hold a big event, and they're not paying the players nearly as much as you may think. Remember that most of the money that players are making from season to season play in NA is through their contracts after franchising. Yea, they're doing very well for themselves NOW, but Riot isn't shelling out a ton of money the players per contract. Their ORGs are paying them the big money. Riot is only responsible for supplying event and seasonal based winnings. They also supplement worlds winnings a little bit, but they still make MORE money than they actually give back to the players. > > To me, it just sounds like Riot is being cheap and they don't want to pay for halfway decent venues. That sucks, in my opinion, and shortchanging fans who actually want to come to these events by only providing like 1500 seats for an event when EU is selling out Arenas will be why League of Legends dies in NA eventually. I mean, people that are connected to the Riot scene have even expressed concern over this, so please don't think, I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining. Other people are noticing the constantly shrinking venues they've been crapping out the last couple of years. It's not something that will go on unnoticed. I mean, the crowd at Spring Finals looked maybe three times bigger than their average, weekly base of spectators back in Cali. > > That's pretty weak... A lot of NA big events such as finals usually came from Canada, which again, has a weaker dollar and was probably an easy buy for riot. I don't think jumping to conclusions is a great idea right now because this season is when they changed it up from Canada to US, and again, the dollar here is stronger, and you also have to deal with an increase in rent due to location. I obviously don't know for sure riot's financial plan, as I am not affiliated with them, I'm just giving out the possibilities. Maybe they just rushed it and found a bad place to rent because other beautiful nice places near that finals place where TL and 100T fought were not available today. Hell, maybe even picking that particular place has something to do with franchising, I don't know. I obviously hope riot isn't in any financial dip right now, but if they are then there is no erasing the facts. Anyways according to this website, http://wwg.com/league-of-legends/2017/06/01/na-league-of-legends-pros-salary-increase-shared-revenue/ LCS players have a minimum yearly wage of 75k. While that may not seem like a lot given that they are pro, and comparing them to other pro players from other sports, it's important to keep in mind that the eSports genre is still pretty new, and this is the first year they start franchising. Other physical sports like basketball have already franchised for years compared to eSports, and considering how LCS players get free food, free shelter, transportation, and free computers 75k is a really good salary since they aren't paying for utility bills at all. Thanks to the tax cut right now, players who earn the minimum wage, aka teams that are at the lowest seeding, earn $58500 with the 22% of that going directly to taxes. Another website https://esportsobserver.com/franchising-220-percent-jump-player-salaries/ states that players already made big bucks at 150k last year, and now it bumps them up to 327k this year. Personally, I feel like this is too much too fast, but I don't know. If it's true, then they take home 219k a year with the 33% tax cut. That's absurdly high, given again, that they don't pay any bills at all. The only thing they are buying is entertainment stuff, like clothes or shoes, hell even their computers are paid by sponsors like Razer and Logitech. Going back to the initial response I think it's too early to tell whether riot is in any financial trouble right now, you should give it at least 2 years and see where they go from there.
Lancér (NA)
: It just seems lazy, and anyone who actually wants to attend has less of a chance. Granted, most people are going to be watching from home, but do you really think that Miami wouldn't manage to fill up a stadium? Lol. They would have had an awesome crowd, rivaling EU's showing of fan support, but no. We chose a little two story studio, lol. yuck
> [{quoted}](name=Lancér,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=JoP8xMbI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-08T23:21:17.973+0000) > > It just seems lazy, and anyone who actually wants to attend has less of a chance. Granted, most people are going to be watching from home, but do you really think that Miami wouldn't manage to fill up a stadium? Lol. They would have had an awesome crowd, rivaling EU's showing of fan support, but no. We chose a little two story studio, lol. yuck Alright but there are things to consider with the venue, what if it's more expensive, or as expensive, or less expensive than past venues? If it's more expensive it could be for location reasons, San Fransisco charges so much more money for houses even though they give you extremely small houses, it's location, you get a really small house for at least 500k in SF and in Texas you can get a really nice 2 story house, that could be the case for LCS as well, if it's equally expensive, it's the same reason as before, it could be smaller but just as expensive as Canada because of location. Not to mention Canadian dollars are weaker, thus riot has an easier time to rent their venue with the stronger US dollar right now, if it's less expensive maybe they didn't plan it that way, maybe they wanted the location to be different aside from Canada all the time, or maybe they substitute their venue money to give to the players since they had a salary increase ever since franchising came out.
Lancér (NA)
: NA's Venue vs EU's Venue
Why does it matter where the finals take place? NA players made so much more money with franchising, and to be honest if I'm a pro player in NA I'd take a salary increase over a venue increase any day.
: Glad we getting new NA teams in MSI and all that but...
Nah, this is better, it prepares players for worlds and it forces them to play their heart out every game because worlds is a bo1.
Zhugan (NA)
: FREESM! FREESM! FREESM!
finally, another team gets to play msi
: Brother Sven: A Lolesports feature -- “The first thing I saw on C9 was Jensen, Sneaky, and Reapered playing WoW arena together."
: It says the shortest game was TSM vs GG at 28:38. But the 100T vs Echo Fox game was 26:49.
They're only talking about the day 1 and 2 games EDIT: actually idk
Bangie (NA)
: Best worlds team
For me, it's all of KingZone right now
: What IS It With This Season And Absurd Comebacks?
its bo1, there's no time for the better team to come back and adapt to their draft picks. a Bo1 means that any team can take a win based on a good draft pick or good mindset.
: No, Bo1 did not do their job. This split hasn't been that great to watch because the predictive power of the games went down a lot. There is very little way to differentiate between a lot of the teams and draw meaningful conclusions from the games, because it is just a single game.
Bo1 did their job, it allowed underdog teams to pop off and get upset wins, Bo3 just makes the better players thrive and thus the better teams will almost always stay on top forever. Granted, yes, better teams should thrive, but if they are truly better they should be good enough to win their first games of the day rather than bouncing back after losing the first game in a Bo3. It's one thing for a team to keep winning Bo3 and coming back after a loss, but it's another thing if a team keeps winning Bo1 and showing winning streaks and consistency. Being predictive is boring, knowing X team is going to win for sure makes the game so bland. Bo1 format also trains top teams for worlds because worlds is a bo1.
: CLG vs TSM week 9
Ever since TSM's 3 peat championship wins CLG vs TSM has died down so much. Tbh right now they are doing better but not as good as their prime. TSM and TL have to lose both games next week and CLG must win both games next week in order to force a tiebreaker between TL or TSM. They then have to win that tiebreaker game. That's really impossible but might happen.
: 10 thoughts going into Week 6 -- "Liquid is sea level and everyone below them are drowning."
I hope TSM don't go to MSI again, they just steal the spot and play like crap. Unlike CLG and C9, C9 actually makes it to knockouts, CLG actually got into finals, but TSM does nothing. The only real chance they have to win the spring split is to rely on their playoff buff.
: I enjoy League of Legends
LoL is only fun with friends, otherwise, it's only fun if you're winning.
: Ha... ha... ... .......... Where is God when we need him.
> [{quoted}](name=Spooks Are Loose,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=Fm6EF7Y8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-14T21:22:04.051+0000) > > Ha... ha... > ... > .......... > Where is God when we need him. God left us when we decided to press install league of legends
: I love you...
https://www.brainyquote.com/photos_tr/en/w/wsomersetmaugham/106505/wsomersetmaugham1-2x.jpg
: You didn't level up because riot added a new system that *enchances* the gameplay you must now pay 1000 rp to level up
> [{quoted}](name=Octillion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uZs2a4aK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-09T22:20:55.945+0000) > > You didn't level up because riot added a new system that *enchances* the gameplay you must now pay 1000 rp to level up no you now need 2 champion s tokens to craft into the next level.
: A fool and his money are soon parted.
> [{quoted}](name=RedPannda,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uAAKWWYz,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-02-08T17:53:14.073+0000) > > A fool and his money are soon parted. :(
Mordius (NA)
: A kid in china made those shoes at a cost of about $0.50 You want to pay $800 for a 50 cent pair of shoes?
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uAAKWWYz,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-08T04:32:22.501+0000) > > A kid in china made those shoes at a cost of about $0.50 > > You want to pay $800 for a 50 cent pair of shoes? those are the fakes lmoa
Rioter Comments
ahsaya (NA)
: There should be a Rick Fox cam for the duration of all Echo Fox games.
: Found this after a remake, the irony is killing me
i want to upvote but i also want to leave the vote at 6
: ***
artists on riot did their job well, they aren't hired to create new game modes.
: I wonder why it isnt Orange essence, anyways i need to stay update date on this BE OE stuff so I dont miss out again
probably because icons were sold in IP and riot doesn't want to let that go or something. It's also not worth it to buy in OE considering that a good skin is around that price as well.
: Reason the Koreans dominate the competitive scene
for a fact korea has way better average internet speeds, the US has greedy monopoly company of internet charging high prices for decent connection. But I don't think that's the issue at all.
Proxy345 (NA)
: This tide pod article is hilarious lol
there was one lawsuit where red wings was sued because some guy got injured thinking the drink could legit give him wings.
: New Swain looks Great
Lucius loved his birds more than he loved Malfoy
: > [{quoted}](name=ZeroAgainst,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rHmAsG4E,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-23T21:44:22.696+0000) > > i dont play garbage. but you play lol?
> [{quoted}](name=Mute Scarecrow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rHmAsG4E,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-24T00:48:25.869+0000) > > but you play lol? http://i.imgur.com/2ampQLE.png
Chase 5 (NA)
: Every bot lane in placements
When nasus is trying to get the free kills from enemies running it down bot but the turret already executes them first.
Akaash (NA)
: My family got a floofy puppy today. How do I play league with so much floof on my lap?
: That made me laugh out loud. Something about Pob in yeezys on stage.
> [{quoted}](name=Red Shaco,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E67ExX5s,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-21T23:33:52.277+0000) > > That made me laugh out loud. Something about Pob in yeezys on stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Yu6zL7_f0 go to 36:16 and pause
Rioter Comments
: ***
I hovered my refresh button but then i was https://media.giphy.com/media/yyGU6jNj8W8Ao/giphy.gif
: Type this in Chat to Reach Lvl5 Honor in a Week
: When your promo starts off good and you're expecting a bad losing spree soon
"With every good game there is an equally opposite shitty game." -Issac Newton
: I've never noticed this before.
https://media.lolusercontent.com/api/embedly/1/image/resize?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FeG45Uxl.png&key=f0abbd34f14549f3a15cd94dd9970851&width=425
: If only I did better in S1 / S2, I'd have more https://i.imgur.com/mVsWs3Q.png[/img]
i wasn't even in kindergarten yet during s1 xd
: Zoe in a nutshell
you have so many badges omfg
: What happened to the esports tab
a simple solution would be to favorite a forum with esports (like this one) and then use that tab to click esports, annoying but it works for me.
: If certainly T made the new movies they might actually be good.
and just as you say that i figure out disney buys FOX.
Show more

Astrophel

Level 59 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion