: Players behind Riot employee walkout
Hey guys! It's come a bit to my attention that the current thread is a bit... *heated*. While I completely get why this discussion is passionate and why things are getting heated easily, I ask you all to respect each other and to keep debates civil, or else I'll have to lock the thread. Thank you for understanding!
: Players behind Riot employee walkout
Hello! While we don't want to censor discussion around Riot and current events surrounding the company, this thread would be much more appropriate in [General Discussion.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion) As a bit of a compromise for clarity, I'll be locking this thread, but not removing it entirely. I recommend if you'd like to discuss this, to repost this thread on GD. Thank you for understanding! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Moody P (NA)
: All will bow to Moody All will play Volibear
: The Djinn is the only mod I know off the top of my head that as also been nice and fair even in old days. Evangeline??? too but I don't see her much anymore.
Eva's still around, and unofficial mom of the Boards to this day if you were wondering where she was haha.
: Can't Edit the Titles on Gameplay Discussions?
The way the Boards are set up now; you cannot edit a title of a post after it has been up for over 15 minutes or so. I hope this helps!
y0r1ck (NA)
: Bro why would you do it for endgame and not for GOT? Can you do it for GOT also?
> [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iNI92X01,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-04-25T15:54:33.083+0000) > > Bro why would you do it for endgame and not for GOT? Can you do it for GOT also? We can definitely look into it, but trying to keep something spoiler-free for a WHOLE TV season runtime is a bit excessive, going on the 2 month mark at that point.
: Can you be friends with people who are friends with awful people?
I think it definitely depends on HOW awful, and WHAT THEY DID to be called awful. Sometimes a friend can go "this guy is awful!" but in reality, it was a misunderstanding, or maybe the 'awful' person simply criticized the friend and they didn't like it. Personally, I go by an "if they don't hurt me, then I can give it a chance" but that can be really risky. It's up to you.
: Re-designing the League of Legends logo for a NEW Generation!
: Fix vote botting.
We can't go into specifics as we are limited in the amount of information we can give to situations like this; but I want everyone to be aware that we are aware of the botting issue and we're currently discussing ways to fix it internally. Sorry for the hassle while using the Boards! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: Why does Google suddenly bring up the EU version of the site when I'm in NA?
Just tested this and... huh. Interesting. Google handles queries completely on its own, so I genuinely have 0 idea why that is popping up...
: Two suggestions to help calm the boards down
The label idea and the second idea are both things that require back-end coding which we can't really do at the moment from what I know. I can ask our local Wuks about it but I'm not very sure if it's possible at this time (even if it would definitely be beneficial).
: The Grand Archives of Piltover: THE WINNERS
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImpracticalRedDalmatian-small.gif
: Forum mods man.
Man you caught me. I was secretly going to ban you all along! No seriously though, I recommend reaching out to us on the [Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) if you have an issue with a mod action taken.
hotarse (NA)
: You may not be getting paid by riot but you are representing them as a moderator on their board and if you think that has no influence on your actions as a moderator, then you're deeply mistaken. This RANT board which you seem to think is a great idea, has the potential to censor opposing opinions in a fashion that comes across as rather totalitarian. As soon as the RANT board came up I already saw someone post that they didn't think their wukong discussion was worthless trash yet it was moved to the rant board. I read it, and I agree with them, that post didn't deserve to be silenced of replies and votes, and reads. So, it seems to me that you're going to be lumped up with the fanboys since ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. Good Day.
So the only way to be allowed to not agree with every action Riot makes, is to not volunteer my time to help the community at all. If you have an opinion, articulate it. Threads are moved to Rant if they offer 0 discussion. Also; mistakes happen. We're not perfect. If there's an issue, then go to our discord to appeal a decision. We're not above changing decisions if they were made incorrectly.
hotarse (NA)
: No, but it takes a certain type of person to volunteer their hours for a company to do what you do. Would that type of person fall under fanboi? Probably? Would a fanboi be defensive of the company. Most probably. So, when you say you aren't a rioter, might as well be. You probably wish you were. Probably hoping this volunteer time will one day lead to an opportunity to be one. So, don't tell me that just because you're not a rioter, your motives don't align with them.
I actually am not a huge fan of all of Riot's decisions, I know that's a surprise. I don't get paid by Riot, I don't work for Riot, my dream job is to actually be in musical theater at the moment, so that is also not accurate. I'm not a fanboy, and if you read my profile I have both defended and criticized Riot's decisions. You can believe I have a hidden agenda everyday of the week, but I frankly don't have the time to be a secret agent working for my own benefit, I'm busy volunteering and doing my job to make the Boards a better place.
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=oXu8xQ5v,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-03-05T12:45:57.598+0000) > > There's a huge difference in execution between the Gameplay+ and Gameplay, and Gameplay and RANT. > > Gameplay+ was only high-quality posts. This meant moderator approval and shit. Rants is for actual low-quality rants. > > In both cases, moderate quality posts stayed in Gameplay. This just means you don't have to sift through shit to find decent but not great ideas. Instead, **all** of the shit is gone from gameplay (although there might be bad ideas, there's no longer going to be blatant shitposts along the lines of "REMOV YASOU W PASSIVE E AND MAKE R DEAL 534% OF HIS MAX HEALTH IN PURE DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11") G+ was created so that people would have a place to read worthwhile posts without having to sift through garbage. Rants was created so that people would have a place to read worthwhile posts without having to sift through garbage. The inescapable fact is that many people are interested in posting garbage, and not all of those people realize their posts are garbage. This is just part of the knee-jerk initiative to save Boards from being "useless," anyway (although I totally understand where mods are coming from on that, and I don't blame them).
Just to clarify; Rant was created so people could vent frustrations there without creating a toxic environment for the rest of the board. And I reassure you, Rant is much more self-sustainable than G+. The reason G+ shut down isn't because we were lazy or that we were being stubborn, but when in a day you get 5 G+ submissions, and 3 of them is a one sentence "fuck riot" comment, it was hard to actually promote good posts when we barely got any/got spammed with a lot of low-effort threads.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mattk4355,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=oXu8xQ5v,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-03-05T05:02:10.999+0000) > > Mod replied to that earlier I read the thread before I posted. And I'm commenting why that's not a good idea.
The problem starts when you think of the nature of rants. Usually you're ranting to a friend or someone you know about how shitty something is, you get in a giant ramble about how X person sucks ass and deserves no respect, we should ban Y person from my party, fuck them, yadda yadda. A lot of the time with these rants, it isn't so much of a discussion as it is you venting an anger you have. You vent it, you post it, you breathe, calm down, and move on. If we allowed comments, it would; 1. Make people fixated on said rant and keep continuously feel the anger they felt when first making the post, instead of posting it and using it as a venting measure they use it as a rant circle that perpetuates that frustration 2. Makes it a modding nightmare, as we're intending to let Rant posts be a lot more 'free' than the rest of the boards.
hotarse (NA)
: Just another way to turn a blind eye to the problems plaguing League of [Removed by Moderation]. I wonder how many threads will be "moved to the rant board" so that the gameplay board will be void of criticism.
We're not Rioters, we have 0 reason to be hiding anything users say. We remove posts that are in no way productive, that have no criticism, or that are flaming people. There is a way to voice frustrations with the game without crapping on Rioters, other Summoners, pro players, etc. We have no influence on what Riot receives as criticism.
: Whose idea was this? I don't feel it was very necessary personally... Feels like a place to move terrible Gameplay threads instead of locking/deleting them. Maybe it makes less work for the mods to move a thread instead needing to deleting/lock it and write a message why, but being forcefully moved to the Rant board where no one cares to look or is even capable of replying to your post feels like a greater punishment than getting your post locked/deleted.
Well... we can't move Gameplay threads. We have to delete them and would redirect them to repost their rants on Gameplay. This isn't for gameplay posts that are just kind of lackluster, this is for the "riot sucks this game is shit" threads, that only rant and don't actually need discussion. Removing a thread for being in the wrong board isn't punished unless you're intentionally spamming the wrong subboard, so they wouldn't have a mark on their account, just be redirected.
Ifneth (NA)
: Can you ensure that no thread from Rants can ever reach Hot?
Can't show up on hot if they are no comments or upvotes to make it trend, like the previous user here said. c:
: May I recommend pinning (or stickying or whatever term is appropriate) this to the PB front page so everyone sees it?
If people don't see it; that doesn't excuse them if they don't follow it. Everyone is subject to them. XP
: Is there a reason comments on other threads is disabled? Sometimes I wanna rant about other people's rants y'know?
Mostly to keep the rant board as it is; a place to yell to the void without question. It's not really intended to foster deep discussion if you know what I mean. ^^
  Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: It would be nice if moderators responded saying riot is working on it.
As stated up in the thread; we are simply volunteers. The only thing we have 'exclusive access to' is obviously things to let us moderate here (view reports, delete messages, pin, etc.) But we don't and can't poke around Riot for things like in-game bug fixes, rumors, or anything of the sort. We can certainly updoot and post about it, but that's about it. We don't work with the balance or coding teams.
: I don't understand you people and your dramatic responses to dark text on a slightly off white background. Has no one ever read a book? :P
Quite bold of you to assume that I read ebooks on light theme. I actually legitimately read books dark-themed on my phone. :^ )
: Djinn's Theme Test
I'ma need some sunglasses for this post chief.
: I want to call shenanigans on that since both sections should be fundamentally running on the same code / system, but I know several sites that somehow get three languages working together somehow despite them trying to eat each other.
It could be! That's why I said I wasn't sure. Some fundamental things can't be modified, some can. We're all volunteers and I personally know basically nothing about coding anything other than CSS. We have our friendly neighborhood Wuks who is the main person who does Boards changes of that degree.
Agáta (NA)
: I GOT MY REFUNDS BACK???
Refunds were revamped and can be gained after enough time playing! ^^ https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201751864-Content-Refund-FAQ
: Are you open to the idea of making the Boards Profile page a little nicer looking? Kind of icky how the separate sections of "discussions" and "comments" are hyperlinks and not a button or even a tab. Doesn't have to look super slick, just cleaner.
Unfortunately I don't think that's something we have the current tech for *possibly*, but I'll poke and see what we can do internally with the feedback. Personally I'd love graphical improvements to the profile page.
: Let's Just Remove PB Entirely
Ideally, we want to move Player Behavior in a direction in which people can ask for feedback/advice on player behavior, and it not be an echo chamber of "IFS sucks, Riot is shit, I don't deserve this ban, you're all morons." As an official forumsite for Riot, having a section for behavior is basically a must, so deleting it isn't possible. This requires a LOT of work, but I can say we are working on changes for PB that should help make it stand on its own feet better.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Attysu The Poro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZgXwhmaP,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-02-24T05:55:05.215+0000) > > My main issue is something Ulan slightly addressed. The whole moderation team, of *community volunteers who are 100% unpaid and doing this because we love the community*, just got discredited of everything we've tried to do. The community who has stuck by here, all the users who stick to using the Boards as their main platform despite the inherent problems, are being discredited of wanting to be apart of this community. You can't call something trash when you never once tried to improve it as a person of authority of sorts in the community, and bashing everyone gives zero value into fixing the problems. You can't have a community, leave it to its own devices in a small corner alone, and then wonder why it's so negative when it isn't being cultivated properly. You are absolutely correct to read something like that hurts the individuals who have worked so hard about something that they are passionate about. It is like all the posts on these boards directed to various people and groups in riot telling me to quit there jobs that they all suck or how they should kill themselves. How do those people feel to read that ? We have ruined our own integrity and if we want this board to matter again we have to change or Reddit will be the only source that matters I have been a daily visitor of this board for 7 years and even I find myself on Reddit now because it feels sensible.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZgXwhmaP,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2019-02-24T06:11:15.320+0000) > > You are absolutely correct to read something like that hurts the individuals who have worked so hard about something that they are passionate about. > > It is like all the posts on these boards directed to various people and groups in riot telling me to quit there jobs that they all suck or how they should kill themselves. > > How do those people feel to read that ? > > We have ruined our own integrity and if we want this board to matter again we have to change or Reddit will be the only source that matters > > I have been a daily visitor of this board for 7 years and even I find myself on Reddit now because it feels sensible. You are ignoring the fact that I don't think that's acceptable, and we either tell people to stop or remove posts directly attacking Rioters. We are not pretending the Boards don't have issues. We're not pretending that we're saints, or always well-behaved, or that we catch any and all harassment against Rioters at all times (because we're humans), or that we don't have toxic people on this platform. However, I think the noticeable difference is that instead of Rioters participating their own platform to be usable so we can facilitate changes to *lower toxicity*, it feels as if we've been abandoned with a broken scuba mask in the ocean. This isn't our platform, we're not paid to deal with people harassing us or telling Mods they're shit, or telling users to go fuck themselves. We do it because we care. He goes on to constantly say that the old forums were better. The general populous tend to agree. But I urge people to remember that we didn't ask for the change to begin with. We can't fix a platform of a variety of issues because it's genuinely not in our jurisdiction. And Rioter's tearing down their own company's official forumsite is definitely not helping. "If a Rioter can shit on the Boards and the community why can't we shit on Rioters even more" etc etc etc.
: Alright it's that time of year again
https://banner2.kisspng.com/20180322/viq/kisspng-hedgehog-art-drawing-autumn-falls-echidna-hedgehog-5ab3cedb88c026.7231822115217333395601.jpg
mack9112 (NA)
: I feel that this is a two sided story. Yes what he said was out of line and not appropriate. On the other hand we as a community have a lot of problems that we need to address. I have visited these boards daily for 7 years and currently the attitude that exists is the worst I have seen in my time.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZgXwhmaP,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-24T05:45:59.384+0000) > > I feel that this is a two sided story. > > Yes what he said was out of line and not appropriate. > > On the other hand we as a community have a lot of problems that we need to address. > > I have visited these boards daily for 7 years and currently the attitude that exists is the worst I have seen in my time. My main issue is something Ulan slightly addressed. The whole moderation team, of *community volunteers who are 100% unpaid and doing this because we love the community*, just got discredited of everything we've tried to do. The community who has stuck by here, all the users who stick to using the Boards as their main platform despite the inherent problems, are being discredited of wanting to be apart of this community. You can't call something trash when you never once tried to improve it as a person of authority of sorts in the community, and bashing everyone gives zero value into fixing the problems. You can't have a community, leave it to its own devices in a small corner alone, and then wonder why it's so negative when it isn't being cultivated properly.
: The "darn dirty" part was just a joke I swear! {{sticker:zombie-nunu-tears}} I thought I kept the separation clear with the "Riot _and_" part, but I guess I should've done a better job. But seriously I really appreciate all the work y'all do to try and make the boards a better place, didn't mean to offend or confuse.
I'm not offended! I knew it was a joke haha; I just wanted to clarify for anyone who may not have known that (as we're mistaken as Riot employees a lot). <3 No offended or confused Herald's here.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Attysu The Poro,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=EEn2XxOJ,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-02-23T23:26:29.745+0000) > > Just to clarify for others; moderators for the Boards are not Riot employees, and we manage the boards with Keyru's (a Rioter's) oversight. However, we are volunteers, and we try to make the Boards a better place simply because we love the community and want to foster it. I think this is a small part of why so many people got upset; a lot of the community wants the Boards to be better, but even us volunteers can do so much, y'know? The Boards aren't perfect, but it also isn't all bad. A quick question, while we are at it: Are you, my dearest mods, working on some updates to guidelines?
Ah, we do have some things in the works in terms of guidelines for some sub-boards, namely Gameplay and Player Behavior. ^^ If you have feedback about those boards, it would be heavily appreciated.
: My brief thoughts on the RiotAugust "Controversy"
> Is this part of an extended plan by Riot and those darn dirty mods to wipe the boards from existence? No Just to clarify for others; moderators for the Boards are not Riot employees, and we manage the boards with Keyru's (a Rioter's) oversight. However, we are volunteers, and we try to make the Boards a better place simply because we love the community and want to foster it. I think this is a small part of why so many people got upset; a lot of the community wants the Boards to be better, but even us volunteers can do so much, y'know? The Boards aren't perfect, but it also isn't all bad.
NotSid (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Attysu The Poro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-23T04:51:40.236+0000) > > *People make fun of females for only playing support or being good at support constantly, whether as a meme or being serious.* > > *Being a common thing, a team decides to ban all supports as a subtle jab against them.* > > *Surprised Pikachu face that it is indeed not only them that know the stupid stereotype.* > > Yes, was it not directly against the rules, but no, but if you continue reading the article, they explain that this is because it was very subtle discriminatory behavior. This is a pattern of teams poking fun at this all-girls team. Even if they're bad and not playing to the level they should be, there's a level of respect you have to give your opponents still. > > Also, this whole TSM vs now argument is dumb because that was years ago, and obviously Riot has evolved as a company and as an organization. Even more of an 'also', this was a warning. There was no fines, penalties, or bans. I don't get why this is that huge of a deal. > > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/357391189621866496/548726795730550804/Screenshot_2019-02-22-22-43-58.png > > https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/7635/riot-games-warn-lcls-rox-for-banning-5-support-champs-in-a-single-match Any male team would take it on the chin and just play the game. If anything, the team just wasted their bans and gave the female team an advantage. But instead the league decided to punish for a non violation. Either women can compete in a male dominated stage, or they can't. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-02-23T05:04:35.867+0000) > > Any male team would take it on the chin and just play the game. > > If anything, the team just wasted their bans and gave the female team an advantage. But instead the league decided to punish for a non violation. > > Either women can compete in a male dominated stage, or they can't. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. It's almost like the female team didn't pick the warning, nor is Riot, and it's almost like Riot noticed active passive-aggression due to a stereotype that people use to harass other players and decided to not let it happen. But ok, clearly it's the females fault for breathing wrong...?
NotSid (NA)
: So let me get this straight.. "TSM SUX" was ok, but banning support champions is not?
*People make fun of females for only playing support or being good at support constantly, whether as a meme or being serious.* *Being a common thing, a team decides to ban all supports as a subtle jab against them.* *Surprised Pikachu face that it is indeed not only them that know the stupid stereotype.* Yes, was it not directly against the rules, but no, but if you continue reading the article, they explain that this is because it was very subtle discriminatory behavior. This is a pattern of teams poking fun at this all-girls team. Even if they're bad and not playing to the level they should be, there's a level of respect you have to give your opponents still. Also, this whole TSM vs now argument is dumb because that was years ago, and obviously Riot has evolved as a company and as an organization. Even more of an 'also', this was a warning. There was no fines, penalties, or bans. I don't get why this is that huge of a deal. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/357391189621866496/548726795730550804/Screenshot_2019-02-22-22-43-58.png https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/7635/riot-games-warn-lcls-rox-for-banning-5-support-champs-in-a-single-match
: Would I get punished if I tell someone to report someone else with a reason?
Just a few notes here! 1. All reports are weighted the same. There is virtually no difference between 9 reports and 1 report; if the IFS sees a report and is triggered by the chat, it will issue a punishment/review the case. Spam reporting doesn't make them get in trouble faster, it simply triggers an account for a review. 2. As long as you are not using the phrase 'report x' to harass, intimidate, or bully another user, and you only ask it once, [it will not get you punished.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/PzY1ArN3-we-dont-ban-people-for-asking-for-reports)
: lower elo players make me hate this game.
Honestly; I recommend to just just /mute all when a game starts if you don't want to hear toxicity. Obviously reporting users when they're toxic also helps, but it might give you a peace of mind to not see them typing 'gg' in the chat.
Gleên (NA)
: Discord Still crashing my computer, overlay off
I will ask; are you 100% sure its discord? Crashing randomly could be a sign of many things, like RAM failure. (I've had RAM failure before, and having several things open at the same time, especially something like Discord, could definitely trigger a crash.)
: This is a shitpost.
http://pa1.narvii.com/6470/a2ca7057a686506ac791bdc5dea7f66befba36b1_00.gif
: RIOT is a dogshit company
This thread will be locked due to being necro'd. If you'd like to add anything to this discussion, I advise you to create a new thread. Thank you! {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: Account hacked resulting in ban?
Like the person below said; you have to contact Riot Support via the link provided; https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us While the answer has been given out; I do recommend you change your username/password to both LoL, and any other accounts on different platforms that use that same username/password to avoid future security issues on other platforms. <3
: S9 Rewards for players that didn't reach honor 2 in preseason
The way Riot has run the Honor system last year (and presumably this year too) is that if you get your account to Honor 2 by the time the season ends, then you are re-eligible for awards once again. So just keep being positive!
Slade25 (NA)
: Nunu's winrate has soared the last 4 patches with no direct buffs. Anyone know why?
Theoretically, it could be that people are learning how to play Nunu more efficiently since his rework is somewhat sort of new...? Only out a few months. It also could be due to a possible meta-shift that makes his type of kit more effective. I'm not actually sure.
: > [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h1PEULya,comment-id=001a0000,timestamp=2019-01-10T05:01:34.048+0000) > > 1. If you live in a first world country, you DO NOT live in a patriarchal society. > > 2. Objectification isn&#x27;t a single sided issue. 1. Wrong. Read some feminist literature about it. 2. Agreed. Which is why I say both Kai'sa and Sylas need shirts. However, let's not pretend like the objectification of men is for women. It's also for men. Women have little to no say at all. Men like seeing scantily clad women and self-insert as the overly muscular ripped or no-shirt men. It's called the male power fantasy.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h1PEULya,comment-id=001a00000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T06:16:46.763+0000) > > 1. Wrong. > Read some feminist literature about it. > > 2. Agreed. > Which is why I say both Kai&#x27;sa and Sylas need shirts. However, let&#x27;s not pretend like the objectification of men is for women. It&#x27;s also for men. Women have little to no say at all. > > Men like seeing scantily clad women and self-insert as the overly muscular ripped or no-shirt men. It&#x27;s called the male power fantasy. As a woman... Men are very much eye-candy lol. Acting as if they AREN'T is a bit weird. Female characters being beautiful and pretty is also not just for men. I know a bunch of females (including me) who will play a female character solely because she's adorable, or cute, or 'hot'. Objectification isn't inherently only for males IMO in a lot of cases, and not all 'objectification' is necessarily objectification I'd even argue.
nfzeta (NA)
: The Tank meta complaint and my idea of alleviating it, would you guys be okay with...
Khanzax (EUW)
: What I would adjust in the "New Player Pack"
For mid; my first mid was Lux. It taught me everything I needed to understand and transition that info to other champs (Ahri, Syndra, Orianna to an extent, etc). Lux instead of Xerath IMO. Less skillshot reliant while teaching basics.
Show more

Attysu The Poro

Level 50 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion