: no, they've cut the time it takes in half actually. did it years ago, you probably just purchased boosts in the past. i'd play arams with boosts on, playing SR5v5 is the closest thing you can do to giving yourself cancer without actually giving yourself real cancer
> [{quoted}](name=Stealth Kill,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y2fEAbOc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-13T06:00:27.500+0000) > > did it years ago, you probably just purchased boosts in the past. IIRC the two types of boosts even stacked on top of each other, so you could cut time drastically by getting a 1 week boost or whatever it was, and buying X win boosts on top of that as you went along. Leveling back in the day was disgusting, especially since it was fairly common for low level players to end up in games against level 30s. So you were almost guaranteed a loss simply due to the imbalance caused by rune slots, mastery points and summoners all being level locked.
: Friendly reminder: Don't drive while intoxicated OR high
My cousin is one such idiot. He even legitimately believes that he's a better, safer driver while high or drunk. >>
: Xj9 I promise I'll look into un-banning you if you stop downvoting everything
I mean you guys can also turn off voting for OPs again. What're they going to do, waste time downvoting individual posts inside each thread? They'll get bored eventually. And while you guys may not have the tools to figure out who is doing it and deal with them, Riot probably does. As for whether or not Riot cares enough about their permanently-beta boards to take action, that's an entirely different topic altogether.
: My shop has given me one single skin for champions I play, and I don't like the skin.
On the occasion that My Shop offers me skins for champions I enjoy, I nearly always already own 2 or 3 skins for those champions, and the offered skin is not one I would otherwise want to use over those I own. And while I have no intentions to ever buy RP again, it can be disappointing to know that I wouldn't have wanted any of what showed up even if I was willing to buy RP.
Curet (NA)
: Account permanently banned...for something i didnt even do
Let the ticket get addressed by Riot first, then go from there. Don't update the ticket over and over out of impatience either, it'll just send you back to the end of the line each time you do. Riot should be able to easily figure out if somebody has been logging into your account from a different location - likely a different city altogether.
Reksee (NA)
: Opinion: Sona has been nerfed too much in ARAM
The sweeping, generalized ARAM changes were incredibly stupid and lazy to begin with, it's not just Sona.
: Who did notice that too? A Jormungandr World serpent? Is he really going to be in League?
Probably just baron, no sense getting hyped up over the incredibly low chance of something actually interesting.
: If you were given the job of making a new passive for Kog'Maw, what would you make it?
I believe in simple fixes to simple problems. Kog now explodes immediately on death, rather than having to chase people down, dealing damage (! not true damage) and leaving a puddle that heavily slows all enemies within a certain radius of his death for a short time. Radius would probably need to be somewhere between 375-500 units to matter, so would need to be fine tuned carefully. Think of him as a gooey, acidic balloon. This kind of gives his ranged enemies something to think about when targeting him. If they have allies near him when they kill him, they will most likely cause those allies to die if somebody can capitalize on it. It doesn't deviate much from his current kit, which you can't just disassemble one or two and expect the rest to remain balanced, but it gives his team a little something to play around as well. The problem with Kog is that even when tanks are gods, he is irrelevant as an ADC or as a mage (if anybody even bothers with AP anymore, which I doubt. Thanks a lot, Riot). Everybody else does his job better and safer - he brings nothing to the table. He needs an actual rework, not just a passive.
Quáx (NA)
: Riot literally fucked every college kid in the U.S this weekend.
In college but calls self and peers 'kid' You're an adult just about everywhere in the world at this point, act like one. Shit happens. Schools all over the place have testing at different times, so somebody was bound to get the short end of the stick at this time of year.
: ornn buffs?
Honestly he'll be lucky just to not receive any nerfs, so you'll have to be content with that.
: Karma Mains Are Not Upset With The VGU. They Are Upset About Riot Ignoring Her.
I mean the original rework was a fucking travesty anyways, what makes you think they're going to stop mindlessly plowing through opposition now? There was nothing wrong with old Karma aside from not being a popular pick. She was strong in the right hands without being overbearing, and she had a reasonable skill floor. You can't tell people that it's fine for champions to have a very niche community of players, and then decide to rework a champion just because it isn't as popular as you want it to be. I dunno, I'm so far beyond the ability to forgive that asinine decision that it's best I don't even get started.
: Can I play Fallout 4 on Steam offline?
I would expect so. You aren't connecting to Bethesda's servers to play that game, so there shouldn't be any problems running it through offline steam.
94372148 (NA)
: Playing tanks is so satisfying!
The assassin isn't the reason you died there. You died because you got assblasted by an ashe while somebody else took tower shots for her, and then an akali jumped on you at like 10% for the kill.
: > [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=V0Xdk03l,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-01T00:26:27.646+0000) > > You're not gonna want to hear this but, sometimes those champions are left weaker because they legitimately do bad things to the game any time the general population considers them decent. Sometimes those champions are left weaker because there is no way to make them healthy without a rework - Kalista being a prime example, and old Poppy would have been in this situation if pros started playing her in tournaments, as stated by Riot themselves. > > And yeah, it really sucks when those champions are the ones you enjoy playing, and it sucks that getting them sorted out properly can take so unreasonably long, but at the end of the day, _you can't win em all, Chief_. And yet more and more champions with the same problems are being created and dumped into the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Nielarken,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=V0Xdk03l,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-02T04:00:53.984+0000) > > And yet more and more champions with the same problems are being created and dumped into the game. I never said the people making decisions at Riot were _good_ at it, I simply explained why some champions get left 'weak' for extended periods of time.
: Too many champions are left in really awful states because they were OP at a certain time.
You're not gonna want to hear this but, sometimes those champions are left weaker because they legitimately do bad things to the game any time the general population considers them decent. Sometimes those champions are left weaker because there is no way to make them healthy without a rework - Kalista being a prime example, and old Poppy would have been in this situation if pros started playing her in tournaments, as stated by Riot themselves. And yeah, it really sucks when those champions are the ones you enjoy playing, and it sucks that getting them sorted out properly can take so unreasonably long, but at the end of the day, _you can't win em all, Chief_.
: Is Fate/Zero worth watching
The Fate series as a whole is very highly overrated, but there are worse things to waste time watching.
: My inactive account has activity on it when i haven't played in years
Probably got stolen and sold. You should probably still contact support about it, since it could be right on the brink of getting banned. Might be possible to have them reset the account standing, and you may as well ask if you can also change the username (user=/=summoner) too since that's already going on right now for free with lots of people (albeit unwillingly).
: stop banning morgana!
Sounds like a you problem
: What champ looks like they would eat orphans.
{{champion:223}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:96}} technically wants to eat everything
: When will Tencent be punished for ruining this game?
Tencent isn't what ruined the game. Bad design decision making and philosophy shifts, along with extreme lack of meaningful oversight, is what has ruined a lot of what was great about the game. And even that is subjective - You say the game has been bad/getting bad for 3 years, I say the game went down the shitter around season 4-5.
: is it just me or is this game not balanced
Not even close. Never will be.
: Why does Riot feel the need to partially reinvent the game each season?
Because they think we have the attention span of a goldfish. In truth they have the _memory_ of a goldfish. Every year they make these huge changes while forgetting why some of these incredibly bad ideas didn't work the last time they tried, or why they were bad at all.
: > [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3hYAlEvW,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-11-22T00:42:25.118+0000) > > I skimmed, which was more than enough since you weren't saying anything that hasn't been said in the many years I've been around. Permanent/extremely long term chat bans do not work because people who get silenced inevitably find other ways to rage/lash out/troll, so Riot stopped trying to use it. Whether they _started_ as people who only needed their chat privileges taken or not quickly becomes irrelevant - they don't stay that way for long. lmao u skimmed threw and read half of it obviously because i have a resolution for that as well
> [{quoted}](name=dmndslayer69,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3hYAlEvW,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-22T01:01:07.025+0000) > > lmao u skimmed threw and read half of it obviously because i have a resolution for that as well Your "resolution" wasn't a resolution at all, so I ignored it. It's basically saying that they should be exempt from the normal rules of behavior and punishment. Useless at best, convoluted at worst.
: > [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3hYAlEvW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-22T00:30:56.275+0000) > > It doesn't work, they've tried it already. or did you even read it i mean it went up 5min ago and 3min later you had an answer
> [{quoted}](name=Skinjacker579,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3hYAlEvW,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-11-22T00:35:27.190+0000) > > or did you even read it i mean it went up 5min ago and 3min later you had an answer I skimmed, which was more than enough since you weren't saying anything that hasn't been said in the many years I've been around. Permanent/extremely long term chat bans do not work because people who get silenced inevitably find other ways to rage/lash out/troll, so Riot stopped trying to use it. Whether they _started_ as people who only needed their chat privileges taken or not quickly becomes irrelevant - they don't stay that way for long.
: BANNING ISSUES
It doesn't work, they've tried it already.
: > [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=plE5Kky9,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T20:16:18.432+0000) > > It's essentially the same thing, especially considering how long ago honor was introduced. The problem with the honor requirment is that you're at the mercy of other players as to whether or not you get rewards you otherwise earned through skill. I for instance never honor anyone even if my team wins. Fuck most people in general frankly. Also Fire Emblem Sacred Stones baybay! <3
> [{quoted}](name=Mavëríck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=plE5Kky9,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T22:53:40.327+0000) > > Fuck most people in general frankly. Oh you don't have to convince me, I've felt this way about humanity for nearly 20 years. Worst thing that ever did happen to the planet Earth. And someday it'll probably be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3OTEdZkBaQ#t=01m00s > Also Fire Emblem Sacred Stones baybay! <3 Yup. I'd have picked a different weapon as a name, but even back before S1 people were scrambling to reserve names from just about everything.
: > [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=plE5Kky9,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-20T20:03:40.496+0000) > > Honor has _always_ been a requirement. Not always. back before no honor system, it was just not having a punishment within a month or two from seasons end pretty sure. Nowadays its extremely more severe.
> [{quoted}](name=Pumpedhero,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=plE5Kky9,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T20:13:40.263+0000) > > Not always. back before no honor system, it was just not having a punishment within a month or two from seasons end pretty sure. Nowadays its extremely more severe. It's essentially the same thing, especially considering how long ago honor was introduced.
: The real injustice is the bullshit Honor level 2 requirement.
> [{quoted}](name=Mavëríck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=plE5Kky9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-20T19:59:19.914+0000) > > The real injustice is the bullshit Honor level 2 requirement. Honor has _always_ been a requirement.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jennifer17,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cRXuktgN,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-20T00:51:36.307+0000) > > _Removed_ yea im surprised this isnt already triggering some people . the most offensive thing you can do in life currently is be a white male.
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cRXuktgN,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:11:58.252+0000) > > yea im surprised this isnt already triggering some people . the most offensive thing you can do in life currently is be a white male. Eh. Mostly just in the US. Doesn't seem to be as much of an issue in other countries.
SH Usopp (NA)
: Am I no longer going to get end of season rewards now?
Not sure about rewards, but I can offer a word of advice for dealing with the shitshow that is the client and loading screen. Keep task manager open and watch it during loading, if LoL stops responding then you'll know immediately to shut it down and reconnect. I had to do this the other night, worked just fine with warning me which times were my client having issues.
: Please update Sona's Visuals
1 2 or 7 IMO, as long as she keeps her blue hair.
: They removed the moonwalk off of True Dmg Ekko’s passive.
> [{quoted}](name=Víolet Rose,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0fi2AxUx,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-13T05:31:02.976+0000) > > This skin was made to make a statement and to be bold. No it wasn't, the skin was made for the same reason every other skin gets made. Quick cash.
Murr Wurr (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rLtzHjlZ,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-11-13T13:29:46.139+0000) > > This is exactly how I feel about Nidalee. I loved playing Nid before that rework. > > I didn't care about the spear nerfs (the hitbox was legitimately as big as a school bus), I didn't care about the trap nerfs (40% defense shred? Why??), and I didn't care about the healing nerfs. I wasn't a fan of pounce being made easy mode, but it wasn't upsetting either. > > But giving her cougar at lvl 1 so that she could have the **option** to jungle turned her into a strictly jungle champion. She _can't_ be balanced around lane anymore because it makes her a nightmare in the jungle. Actually fucking infuriating, and one of the reasons I stopped playing SR in the first place. I think Riot has a problem in general about desiging/balancing champions for jungle. I mean, how many times have champions that Riot never intended to jungle turned into junglers? Ekko, Taliyah, Vi, Gragas(?), Karthus, Ornn, Riven, Camille, Diana. I just feel like they're almost oblivious to what kits are good for jungle and when a champion becomes strong in the jungle when it wasn't intended to they have no idea how to balance it.
> [{quoted}](name=Murr Wurr,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rLtzHjlZ,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-11-13T13:34:30.900+0000) > > I think Riot has a problem in general about desiging/balancing champions for jungle. Riot has very serious problems with designing and balancing champions at all, and they especially have serious problems with handling the jungle in it's entirety. Or maybe more accurately, _they have absolutely no clue what they really want to do with the jungle_, and it makes the game volatile. It's incredible because they finally got the lore team in a good spot after struggling to do so for years, the team handling in-game graphics evolved quite well and is largely on point, the sound and art teams are doing fantastic work - just about everybody has improved throughout this last decade, but the design and balance teams seem to drop the ball worse and worse every year. And honestly I don't envy the balance team, it's literally an impossible task that gets compounded every single time the design team shits the bed.
Murr Wurr (OCE)
: Is it really too much to ask for, for Graves to be returned to the bot lane?
> [{quoted}](name=Murr Wurr,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rLtzHjlZ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-13T03:08:04.027+0000) > > Why is it so that Graves players just have to accept that thier champion was turned into a jungler? This is exactly how I feel about Nidalee. I loved playing Nid before that rework. I didn't care about the spear nerfs (the hitbox was legitimately as big as a school bus), I didn't care about the trap nerfs (40% defense shred? Why??), and I didn't care about the healing nerfs. I wasn't a fan of pounce being made easy mode, but it wasn't upsetting either. But giving her cougar at lvl 1 so that she could have the **option** to jungle turned her into a strictly jungle champion. She _can't_ be balanced around lane anymore because it makes her a nightmare in the jungle. Actually fucking infuriating, and one of the reasons I stopped playing SR in the first place.
: So, um is Riot AFK?
> [{quoted}](name=LegitBacon66,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=I5lGAPFN,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-11T19:46:36.549+0000) > > What the hell is going on? One would hope that they're too busy trying to fix the problems to waste time responding to people here.
: Can Nami go mid? (Also, what other supports can?)
Taking any support mid is a lose-lose situation, don't do it. Either you suck shit and lose your team the game, or you do well and it catches on, which results in the support getting nerfed because they can succeed at solo lanes. It's happened to Sona, Janna, Lulu, Taric, Alistar, Soraka - just about everybody tbh. Just don't. If you really like the champion, don't do something that's going to get them nerfed.
: Micro or Macro?
A person who can make good decisions but can't play for shit is worthless, that's basically on the level of being an "esports" caster. **Assuming they won't make any notable improvements to their individual play quality,** I'd take the person who can micro the shit out of anything and nearly always win, since they don't actually need to be the one making decisions - they just have to follow orders from somebody that does.
Zh Synday (EUW)
: Petition to not patch after season10 first patch
Different teams do different things. Putting everything else on hold isn't going to magically make the client any less shitty, or cause the bugs to get fixed any faster.
Krystab (NA)
: I Like GIANTS but, Akali is just Outta place in GIANTS
Yi won't make them bank. That's why Akali.
: Return to LoL
If you have fond memories of what the game used to be, just know that that LoL is dead and gone. There's way more free damage in the game than there used to be, and actual teamwork is even more uncommon than ever before. On a more positive note, the upcoming pre-season is going to throw the game into complete chaos, which means that it's also probably your best chance to re-learn the game on somewhat even footing.
: can we just nerf lee and kha?
LC$bigplays is why. Same reason lee gets buffed every year for LC$.
Sirsir (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rockman,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kYMk7Nez,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-09T02:36:02.443+0000) > > She's from Noxus, and is one of the royal families there. > > They both live in the Immortal Bastion. Idk if Vlad is treated as royalty, but he's homies with Swain/Leblanc. But he's still a blood mage living in the streets with normal people. Damn retcons, last I knew she was a shadow isles demon.
> [{quoted}](name=Sirsir,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kYMk7Nez,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-09T02:44:41.894+0000) > > Damn retcons, last I knew she was a shadow isles demon. I think she still is, but she gets her power and beauty by sacrificing people to something on the shadow isle, I'd assume vilemaw or some other such apex spider entity. Like an evil bruce wayne - lots of rumors, doesn't come out much, has a hidden identity.
: Riot will not reinstate LP for any reason, that is their official response. So if you accidentally disconnect, no reason to go back. Seems like a breeding ground for toxic behavior.
> [{quoted}](name=R3d Impact,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6EMMY1Q9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-07T12:11:33.139+0000) > > Riot will not reinstate LP for any reason, that is their official response. So if you accidentally disconnect, no reason to go back. Seems like a breeding ground for toxic behavior. Well the alternative is to stay gone and put your account on a fast track to a ban, so it's better to take the LP hit than it is to have a negative strike against your account's standing. It's a messy situation but we have to deal with things as they are, not as as we want them to be.
: Annoying music at the beginning of every game
Doesn't that one count as client music/sounds in the settings? Should still be possible to turn it off.
ßoro (NA)
: garen (yes another whiney thread)
: I'm really sad right now
Hand a friend some cash and ask them to gift you the skin / bundle. If they fail to do so after taking your money, brush their teeth with a brick next time you see them.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: What do you think if we had Morgan Freeman as the voice narrator??
Too expensive. Riot can use budget-freeman, aka zefrank. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5MEJk5ZCQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeFxdkaFzRA
: How many champion shards are you hoarding?
Like 5, and not for any particular reason. I only ever get champ shards for champions I already own, they're literally just BE chunks that I have to watch an animation to acquire.
Suge (EUNE)
: When the fuck are you guys nerfing Garen?
They already did. You act as though it's such a terrible thing for a champion to do damage over a few seconds with one ability instead of all being in 0.2 sec. Go be entitled somewhere else.
Pyrosan (NA)
: league's been a thing for 10 years now and yet we still don't have 2 step verification
Sending an email wouldn't exactly make your account secure, email accounts get stolen all the time. As much as Blizz screws things up, they got 2SV done right - a keychain that only produces a scrambled temp number for your account, and a phone app that does the same thing. If you want to log in to another person's account, you'd have to also somehow steal their phone/keychain on top of figuring out their login credentials.
Show more

Audhulma

Level 42 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion