JRobin31 (NA)
: I took the TILT test and it classified me as Lord DGAF. "Walking the line between “chill” and “nihilistic,” this spirit doesn’t want their time wasted and won’t hesitate to emotionally call it quits on a match or another player, all before the five-minute mark" Wow! I can't imagine ever doing this in one of my games. Is the TILT test trolling us? I'm clearly a Scarred Veteran. "This spirit whispers that the only way to not tilt is to ignore it. To play another game. To stop on a good note. To get better teammates. The Scarred Veteran of tilt finds themselves alone at 3:00 AM, in the zone and desperately trying to break a loss streak. Who needs sleep when there's a win just over the horizon?" Maybe the system got confused because I've learned to overcome my tilt? Instead of playing until I win, I play until I lose. I highly recommend this strategy btw. Always try to end your day on a game loss instead of a game win. And that includes if you are in the middle of promos. Don't finish the promo series if you lose a game because you're thinking "it's only one more game to finish my promos"... Let it go and you will be on the path to mastering your tilt.
I don't tilt, period. So, this tilt test is already a garbage test because it doesn't have a "you don't tilt" option
: > [{quoted}](name=KnightsKemplar,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=lWgEbzcR,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-20T23:02:41.296+0000) > > Cool. I haven't played the other autochess games (I was super considering it... right up until tft was announced), so I was hoping someone would bring this perspective. > > I do *like* the items, though. The effects are super interesting and kinda hard to nerf... maybe availability is something they should consider? No items on the carousel feels like it would help, but maybe in a bad way, since that's the only opportunity you get to *choose* anything. The problem with DAC items is that they're very inconsistent and many don't combine (or just combine into one thing). So there have been games where I've gotten 3 rings of regen which do nothing for me while my enemy has an Assault Curiass. Which feels like shit. While items IMO are better from a design standpoint, I feel from a balance standpoint they're much worse. Personally, I'd rather have a "shop" where you have to trade between buying units, stockpiling gold OR buying the item. If I was going to nerf items, I'd make some of the stronger ones like Guinsoos or Spatula combos require more than one item.
Shops would be nice. If there is a shop it would also be interesting if each unit can only use 1-2 items. which forces you to invest In your team.
: Akali is worse than RYZE at this point
I just want to point out, I called this when everyone was excited for her rework.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AjkUwENn,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-08T16:55:32.444+0000) > > rivens winrate is because of these two items {{item:3812}} {{item:3161}} she powerspikes too hard with these items and without counterplay, sure you can delay it by shitting on her but the second she hits that spike she can be 0/7 and it wont matter a bit, she used to be a snowball reliant skill based champion but these items boil her down to a ticking timebomb pick that doesnt need to know anything outside of button mashing to do well with Why should other champs get nerfed because riven is abusing so many items/runes? Why can't riven just get nerfed?
because both of those items are bad for the game and shouldnt exist. Hybrid offence and defensive items are cancer and have ruined the game since they started being implimented.
: why do people downvote this post? Riven is a braindead champion that can be *mastered* no, not grasped, *mastered* in 10 games or less. LoLHounds does a video on it. A bad riven player and a good riven player only differ because one knows how broken riven is (but wont admit to it) and the other is used to playing balanced champions that cant 100-0 someone at melee range, even tho they might be below 30% hp. Yes. Riven does this. Not only does she have a 4 second shield, but can 100-0 someone while shes at 30% hp and the enemy is at like 90%, even if shes only 1/1. Riven has gotten 2 buffs every fucking year non stop, and all those little things made her the Bruiser, Assasin, AD caster, Right click, Diver, Tank, abomination that she is today. And seriosuly riven mains? Riven takes 10 games to become box box level. Dont even try to counter argument because we all know its fucking true
Rebonack (NA)
: Because this is how all ability cooldowns work? The only ability that DIDN'T work like this was Kog's remade W before it got reverted. And it was a self-buff, not a slow.
This is not true at all. Rivens ult cooldown doesn't start until after the duration ends. Just to name one. There are a bunch more but I'm too lazy to look them up.
: > [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=50aB6GbJ,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2019-03-19T00:50:11.497+0000) > > Then drive and pick it up. Gas is less then the delivery charge. > > And if you can't afford to tip then don't order delivery. I don't give a damn who you are. The OP doesn't owe you the use of his vehicle for free. Or his time. Well... Yes? If his job is to deliver pizza, he sure as hell owes me to deliver the Pizza. That's literally what his company pays him for and literally why i order from them. Fortunately, in my country tips are included in service people's pay. You're not expected to tip people here, unless they offer you the opportunity - and even then it's not rude not to tip. It's called "tipping" for a reason - it's literally a bonus, if you feel like the person deserves it. But the US, being the predatory conglomeration they are, made it an essential part of the pay.
> [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=50aB6GbJ,comment-id=001500000002,timestamp=2019-03-21T08:55:55.135+0000) > > Well... Yes? If his job is to deliver pizza, he sure as hell owes me to deliver the Pizza. That's literally what his company pays him for and literally why i order from them. > > Fortunately, in my country tips are included in service people's pay. You're not expected to tip people here, unless they offer you the opportunity - and even then it's not rude not to tip. It's called "tipping" for a reason - it's literally a bonus, if you feel like the person deserves it. But the US, being the predatory conglomeration they are, made it an essential part of the pay. In the United States it is the social obligation to tip service employees. And the issues with increasing pay to avoid the tips, is that the cost of food will go up as well. The money doesn't just magically appear from nowhere. And people want the money to show up without paying for it on the back end with $20+ dollar pizzas.
: > Riven is enjoying a decent winrate right now, that's fair > The people who are averaging a 53% winrate are all riven mains This comment is hashinshin-level delusional.
I'm quoting riot here. Riot posted on Reddit the stats. You can call me delusional but then riots stats are delusional.
: Ok, where do you live that $4.25 is minimum wage? And I usually don't order delivery so I can't really relate.
> [{quoted}](name=MessyStuff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=50aB6GbJ,comment-id=0034,timestamp=2019-03-19T01:58:23.612+0000) > > Ok, where do you live that $4.25 is minimum wage? And I usually don't order delivery so I can't really relate. Federal minimum wage for tipable positions is like 2.25 or something.
: I'm so glad i don't live in the states where tipping is custom. In Norway the custom is the opposite - its usually offensive to tip service people, and their pay reflects this. Most places have "tips" accounted for in their drivers' pay. Has it ever struck you that some people can't afford to give out tips? Some people save up for months to be able to afford to order food once in a while, on a luxurious evening with friends or loved ones. Especially considered the culture in the states, chances are some of the people ordering are hardly any better off than you are. And of course, chances are some of them are just really stingy. Yay, capitalism!
> [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=50aB6GbJ,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-03-18T05:57:51.464+0000) > > I'm so glad i don't live in the states where tipping is custom. In Norway the custom is the opposite - its usually offensive to tip service people, and their pay reflects this. Most places have "tips" accounted for in their drivers' pay. > > Has it ever struck you that some people can't afford to give out tips? Some people save up for months to be able to afford to order food once in a while, on a luxurious evening with friends or loved ones. Especially considered the culture in the states, chances are some of the people ordering are hardly any better off than you are. > > And of course, chances are some of them are just really stingy. Yay, capitalism! Then drive and pick it up. Gas is less then the delivery charge. And if you can't afford to tip then don't order delivery. I don't give a damn who you are. The OP doesn't owe you the use of his vehicle for free. Or his time.
: So I was actually wondering what happens with tipping through card ? How do you know you get tips ?
> [{quoted}](name=ScoundrelRuffian,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=50aB6GbJ,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-03-18T04:29:36.687+0000) > > So I was actually wondering what happens with tipping through card ? > How do you know you get tips ? You do math. But typically they give you the cash at the end of the day for credit card tips.
: Can we PLEASE get Silver Kayle and Judgement Kayle Back into the item shop.
I don't like it. But I am selfish and I got over championship being released. But I like that there is something on my account to recognize that I have played longer then like 90% of the players. That isn't a stupid icon. I think that exclusives in general are a good thing and I flat out hate it when companies take those away. But, again, selfish. And I bought mistletoe Leblanc when they brought it back so I am probably a hypocrite.
GigglesO (NA)
: Why aren't we nerfing Riven, Vayne, Zed.
Riven is enjoying a decent winrate right now, that's fair. However most of the people playing her have 85-90 recent games. The people who are averaging a 53% winrate are all riven mains. With the 1tricks hitting around 60 (assuming the online stats are accurate) I am not sure about zed or vayne as riot didn't release the stats on them while Reddit was complaining.
: What are your thoughts on the Aatrox Rework and the current state of Aatrox?
Tbh I hate nearly all of riots reworks. Some aren't bad. But usually they just kill the champions and let them rot. IMHO aatrox was abnormally bad.
nelogis (EUW)
: Are you a bored top laner? Are you searching for something new and fresh? Do you hate Riven?
I don't thing your assessment is correct. Riven excels at short trades which you claim is a weakness. He has no mobility aside from his Q and so riven can completely dictate the way the lane trades go. And post level 4 riven can simply kill him if he is at 50% HP. His damage reduction is good, but it doesn't reduce conquerer which riven always takes, and it's on a long cooldown, that once it's blown he can't trade again.
: a real lord of fire could be set on fire on not get hurt!
Wouldn't that make him immune to fire tho?🤔🤔
: > [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UumU8Bp4,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-03-12T17:58:50.535+0000) > > we kinda knew that aready, remember how china is the ONLY reason they refuse to change wukong? Look at my name. That's why I quit league and get so upset about this topic. I want changes to Wukong so badly. Preferably ones to make him tankier and less bursty, or give safer waveclear but instead I get a 0% AD Ratio on my Q. ... thanks. By the way: If Wukong has a staff he can extend why does it only get 175 AA Range if I spend mana on it? It's not even a particularly great Journey West kit so there's not really good reason to leave it. Would China not like him MORE if his kit was made more true to the source? But then Riot really wants to "be different" and claims Warwick is a 'chimera' and DEFINITELY NOT a werewolf
>By the way: If Wukong has a staff he can extend why does it only get 175 AA Range if I spend mana on it? Probably the same reason every champion who has an auto reset has a longer range on the reset auto.
: Nah riven doesn't seem to be strong. A champion where the subreddit claims they need THOUSANDS OF GAMES to learn the fast Q combo and another THOUSAND OF GAMES to learn how to EQ cancel sits at top pickrate and 55% average winrate. Doesn't even statistically lose to champs like kennen anymore. Who destroy and i mean destroy every single melee champion in toplane. Nah doesn't need nerfs you are right riot. Every bruiser is fuckin dogshit now thanks to the nerfs to the items, runes to preserve your money milker overlord champion. What a fuckin disgusting bunch of apes sitting their at riot. Lucian, ezreal, draven too strong? Let's buff every adc to their level. Riven is too strong? Let's nerf every bruiser directly, their items, their runes, rework the rune and nerf it three times again. Leave riven untouched.
Riven needs a few hundred games to master from what riots winrate per games played graphs show. However, you only need 100 or so to level out at the higher end of her winrate. However, the 13 percent playdate she has right now is almost all players with 85+ games with her.
: > [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bEraBg5K,comment-id=000e000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-12T23:36:10.095+0000) > > Way to cherry pick a quote. I saw that in context and it's obviously a joke. Good on you tho bb > > https://photos.app.goo.gl/GoHtDYSn29JDkc586 Umm, the picture shows that I've liked his comment, along with hundreds of other people, and I call him a "meanie pants"?
*shrugs* I couldn't see that cause my phone sucks. My bad. And no, the point I was referring to was the subject of the tweets which are linked in the OP's post.
: > [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bEraBg5K,comment-id=000e0000000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-12T23:04:22.532+0000) > > Feel free to read the information yourself. My comment was a very crude paraphrase. > > > https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/b0c0fj/riot_blaustoises_data_tweets_about_asol_riven/?utm_source=reddit-android The original post at the top was deleted if that's what you are referring to. Even if it's just her mains, the increase in activity and WR for her could indicate that she's too safe due to conq. No clue why you would listen to anything that a meanie pants like this would say though. https://i.imgur.com/mHJVihA.png[]
Way to cherry pick a quote. I saw that in context and it's obviously a joke. Good on you tho bb https://photos.app.goo.gl/GoHtDYSn29JDkc586
: We got a RIOT response people: https://old.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/b08xwo/the_hypocrisy_of_the_riot_balance_team_riven_vs/eid395g/
This this in there too. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/b0c0fj/riot_blaustoises_data_tweets_about_asol_riven/?utm_source=reddit-android
: > [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bEraBg5K,comment-id=000e00000002,timestamp=2019-03-12T22:26:28.022+0000) > > Blastoise just posted on Twitter that riven mains are still the only ones playing her. They are just playing her more often then they used too. It seems to be linked to the conqueror changes (10% healing). [WR consistently at-or-above other S9 patch peak WRs after new conqueror.](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.5/platinum/plus/champion/Riven/Top/historic/) [Still above late-S8 peak WR too.](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/8.19/platinum/plus/champion/Riven/Top/historic/) Pick rate and ban rates have also gone up very considerable amounts. It is possible that it is still mains, and that the changes to the game (Shojin + 10% heal on conq) is making her an optimal or viable choice in many more situations than before, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Taint of Yasuo (lul, high skill + Da Playz thus allowed to be broken) is keeping Blaustoise from telling us the truth.
Feel free to read the information yourself. My comment was a very crude paraphrase. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/b0c0fj/riot_blaustoises_data_tweets_about_asol_riven/?utm_source=reddit-android
: > [{quoted}](name=RiotRepertoir,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bEraBg5K,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-03-12T19:15:25.451+0000) > > Agree. > > I said that her frustration is a western phenomenon. She is banned 60% more often in NA than her global average. Ban rate is a readily available statistic that we believe can be correlated to frustration. I also said on Twitter that Riven is a strong champion right now. Somehow that didn't make this post. > > There are good justifications to be made for nerfing Riven. I personally think some are pretty compelling. Good arguments can be constructed to nerf many things, however, and we want to be sure we're applying consistent measures in our approach to balance. I think we've not been great at this over the years, really. > > Some champion will always be the strongest one that does not get nerfed in a patch. This patch Riven's pretty darn close to that. If she picks up any more, she's probably due, but we don't think she's crossing that line right now. > > For those that are actually seeking a discussion, what is the criteria we should be using to justify a nerf to Riven this patch that we'd be 100% happy with applying to champions in the future (NOT the past, as I've already stated we haven't been consistent)? I think the main problem comes in the fact Riven is supposed to be a 'high skill cap champion' that rewards mains. Up until the last two months (give or take) she had a relatively small player base and so the arguement was her mains are dragging up her winrate. But that is no longer the case as her playrate AND winrate have gone up considerably. We the playerbase are thus inclined to believe the champion itself is extremely powerful. As someone who has mained toplane and been consistently Diamond on multiple accounts I have to say fighting Riven was always hard and frustrating but at this point she is simply unbearable. For me PERSONALLY, it seems her access to CDR and extremely high shielding are whats making her powerful. But I might be wrong. Lastly, this ties to alot of champions (Like Nasus albeit a bit less) these days, but Riven scales very well, consequently she should not be bullying the likes of Darius and Kled out of lane early game at their strongest points.
Blastoise just posted on Twitter that riven mains are still the only ones playing her. They are just playing her more often then they used too.
: This is why I don't consider Zoe canon Edit: Geez, guys! Is it that bad to not like a character that's so out of place in this lore?
> [{quoted}](name=ApathyAndGrief,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=E6sm7oxA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-06T17:16:37.937+0000) > > This is why I don't consider Zoe canon > > Edit: Geez, guys! Is it that bad to not like a character that's so out of place in this lore? Not that bad to dislike a character, no. To completely dismiss the canon is bad tho. You as the reader don't get to decide that. (unless we are talking about JK Rowling who is adding things outside of the canon for posterity)
: Shyvana's new Bio is not only a downgrade of a decent piece of lore, but it's LITERALLY a mistake...
You have my condolences. Riot murdered rivens lore and so I know how you feel, at least in part. Hope you guys get through to them.
: Gameplay features that revolve around a "you can't have it all" sentiment are vastly deeper than these messed up hybrid stat sticks with absurd combinations of offense and defense. It's a braindead god-tier item on any AD champion late game. It's become so standard that not picking it up as your 5th or 6th item can leave you vulnerable to picks and 1v1's. Make these items purely defensive again. Force damage dealers to trade off a little damage for survivability.
> [{quoted}](name=Goon Smurf,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1E6X4XfE,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-02-28T07:55:47.096+0000) > > Gameplay features that revolve around a "you can't have it all" sentiment are vastly deeper than these messed up hybrid stat sticks with absurd combinations of offense and defense. It's a braindead god-tier item on any AD champion late game. It's become so standard that not picking it up as your 5th or 6th item can leave you vulnerable to picks and 1v1's. > > Make these items purely defensive again. Force damage dealers to trade off a little damage for survivability. I have been saying that for years mate. Ever since like a year after the QSS upgrade was added.
HàrrowR (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=FrozenFrostFyre,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1E6X4XfE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-27T17:38:24.050+0000) > > Totally agree, cannot count the number of times I wanted to buy banshee as ADC so I don't get 1 shot by a rogue spell. I wish they changed it back just to see people complain on the boards that adcs are unkillable gods now with banshee on and that it should be melee only
> [{quoted}](name=HàrrowR,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1E6X4XfE,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-02-28T17:05:33.099+0000) > > I wish they changed it back just to see people complain on the boards that adcs are unkillable gods now with banshee on and that it should be melee only Giving up a damage item to purchase a Banchees results in a very noticable dip in damage late game. They are far less godly with lower DPS.
: Totally agree, but in order to accomplish this RIOT will need to roll back their insane focus on damage output. Marksmen have pretty much entirely forgone a defense item at this point, except for a Scimitar or a GA. And you can only have one of those or you won't do enough damage. It's a very similar thing to what happened with enchanters. Rather than buffing their utility so that they stood a chance in lane against damage heavy mages or engage tank supports, they gave things like lulu and janna higher damage output. I like this game a lot and have been playing since before TPA won worlds, but it's a little sickening how this game is so focused on damage, especially burst damage. Compare the game now to how it was when Samsung White won worlds, and the game just feels soooooo one dimensional and formulaic.
> [{quoted}](name=Whisper87,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1E6X4XfE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-27T18:24:11.886+0000) > > Totally agree, but in order to accomplish this RIOT will need to roll back their insane focus on damage output. Marksmen have pretty much entirely forgone a defense item at this point, except for a Scimitar or a GA. And you can only have one of those or you won't do enough damage. > > It's a very similar thing to what happened with enchanters. Rather than buffing their utility so that they stood a chance in lane against damage heavy mages or engage tank supports, they gave things like lulu and janna higher damage output. > > I like this game a lot and have been playing since before TPA won worlds, but it's a little sickening how this game is so focused on damage, especially burst damage. Compare the game now to how it was when Samsung White won worlds, and the game just feels soooooo one dimensional and formulaic. I don't agree. Damage used to be higher on mages and on adc's back in the day. But they were forced into a defensive item because defense was more useful due to lower pen on most champion. And the danger of being OneShot was so high that they purchased the defensive options. I think if riot just removed the psudo defensive items which also give damage we would see a more strategic game again. (hexdrinker upgrade and qss upgrade) forcing adc's and mages into defensive items by making it the most benifiticial is done by making it too dangerous to not purchase them.
Saianna (EUNE)
: literally every riven main said "aa-cancel is a thing riot wanted us to do from the start" I wouldn't have to bring this up if "literally nobody said that"
> [{quoted}](name=Saianna,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ag3JEZvJ,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2019-02-28T05:45:05.508+0000) > > literally every riven main said "aa-cancel is a thing riot wanted us to do from the start" > I wouldn't have to bring this up if "literally nobody said that" That's circlular logic. Also I am a riven main and I have never said that. However, once the bug was discovered riot did decide to keep it due to riven being modeled after fighting characters, and animation canceling being so prevelent in those games. So they decided it would stay and she would be balanced around it. Then they hard coded it into her kit a few years back. Nobody as far as I have ever seen has ever claimed it wasn't a bug. Literally every explanation video on YouTube from the riven mains explaining how to do it states it's a bug.
: > [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QHHT6cgu,comment-id=001b0000,timestamp=2019-02-27T21:12:41.500+0000) > > Not a bug. Riot coded it into her kit like 2-3 years ago. Wasn’t it originally a bug though?
> [{quoted}](name=Iota Theta,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QHHT6cgu,comment-id=001b00000000,timestamp=2019-02-28T01:56:44.184+0000) > > Wasn’t it originally a bug though? Yes, if absolutely was a bug. Riot chose to keep it because the mechanical asect of playing riven was kinda like the fighting characters she was created after. Iirc. Then they hard coded it a few years back.
: Then what would you do to nerf her but not kill her?
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QHHT6cgu,comment-id=000400010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-27T21:28:02.084+0000) > > Then what would you do to nerf her but not kill her? Hit conquerer and spear. Neither is good for the game. Conquerer is already getting gutted from what I understand. And spear needs the passive removed. It's complete aids. And it's not just riven that it's aids on. After that then we can assess the situation again. Otherwise if riven absolutely had to get nerfed, because the problem served to be her instead of the items. I would suggest hitting the initial passive damage. Lower early and same late. And potentially trading some damage for her fast q speed back. Making her roughly similar or slightly lower strength as the cost of requiring the skill to pull it off again. It's not the easiest thing to balance but TBH I think she is only OP right now, or really strong anyhow, because of the Conquerer/DD/spear combo. Which is 3 items which really never should have existed anyhow.
Saianna (EUNE)
: Overall riven mains keep on repeating the same lie that her AA-cancel was a feature from the moment she was relased. A feature Riot didn't know of and that was discovered a month+ after her relase. And only after a while did some Rioter said "WELL IT'S A FEATURE NOW!11" Also I wonder, will all {{item:3161}} abusers be nerfed exactly the same as mages when Riot added {{item:3151}} ?
> [{quoted}](name=Saianna,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ag3JEZvJ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-27T13:10:17.181+0000) > > Overall riven mains keep on repeating the same lie that her AA-cancel was a feature from the moment she was relased. A feature Riot didn't know of and that was discovered a month+ after her relase. And only after a while did some Rioter said "WELL IT'S A FEATURE NOW!11" > > Also I wonder, will all {{item:3161}} abusers be nerfed exactly the same as mages when Riot added {{item:3151}} ? Literally nobody says that. It was a bug that riot embraced and then coded into her kit a few years back.
Thilmer (EUW)
: "High skill champion" meaning "she has a bug that allows her to do autoattack resets faster tan any other champion, but we left her like that on purpose because it's cool". That logic was destined to cause problems since the start.
> [{quoted}](name=Thilmer,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QHHT6cgu,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2019-02-27T14:55:35.593+0000) > > "High skill champion" meaning "she has a bug that allows her to do autoattack resets faster tan any other champion, but we left her like that on purpose because it's cool". > > That logic was destined to cause problems since the start. Not a bug. Riot coded it into her kit like 2-3 years ago.
: Hence why the ratios are skyhigh. She's pretty much like Rek'Sai. Ratio increases to compensate mediocre gameplay, then one (or more) change(s) gets implemented and breaks them. Same thing happened with Vik during pre-Worlds/Beginning of Worlds last year.
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QHHT6cgu,comment-id=0004000100000001,timestamp=2019-02-27T20:13:44.134+0000) > > Hence why the ratios are skyhigh. She's pretty much like Rek'Sai. Ratio increases to compensate mediocre gameplay, then one (or more) change(s) gets implemented and breaks them. Same thing happened with Vik during pre-Worlds/Beginning of Worlds last year. Her ratios aren't that high tho. Her W is 1.0 ratio and each q at Max rank is .8, 2.4 if you hit all three. Basically the equivalent of 3 non empowered autos if you use all three Q's to hit the target. Rivens almost the entirety of rivens damage comes from her empowered autos. For example, if riven autos you three times and casts q 3 times she will do more or less double the damage too you with auto attacks. Her stun is the same damage as an empowered auto later in the game. And since all your autos should be empowered her q×3 and her w give you like 2.5 bonus autos worth of damage. Her DPS is tied with landing empowered autos and using her 3 aa resets to get them off quicker, while also using her mobility to avoid damage/lockdown. Hitting her kit ratios will barely, if at all, effect riven.
: She gets 3 Q's, each doing damage, granting mobilty, and that 3rd an aoe knock up. Yes most of her damage is from autos (passive) and Q procs it 3 times. She still gets the passive proc from her other abilities. So why does she need even her utility abilities to have ad ratios? She gets massive AD from her ult. For a champ centered around her Q and passive, she doesnt need free scaling on her shield and stun damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Skeletons Grave,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QHHT6cgu,comment-id=0004000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-27T16:26:02.888+0000) > > She gets 3 Q's, each doing damage, granting mobilty, and that 3rd an aoe knock up. Yes most of her damage is from autos (passive) and Q procs it 3 times. She still gets the passive proc from her other abilities. So why does she need even her utility abilities to have ad ratios? She gets massive AD from her ult. > > For a champ centered around her Q and passive, she doesnt need free scaling on her shield and stun damage. My argument wasn't about how she needs those ratios to do damage. It was actually the opposite. I was pointing out a misunderstanding of the prior poster about where rivens damage comes from. If they removed the ad ratio from her w riven would barely be effected. Her shield would be the actual Nerf. But if they compensated with giving it max HP or something to punish a squishy build I could see it being ok.
: > [{quoted}](name=Skeletons Grave,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QHHT6cgu,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-26T23:24:20.451+0000) > > why does riven have AD ratios on her utility skills (stun and shield) while all other ad melee champs have AP ratios on theirs? Because if she didn't she'd only have Q for damage so...
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QHHT6cgu,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-02-27T04:22:29.963+0000) > > Because if she didn't she'd only have Q for damage so... Q barely does damage. Same with w. A q does less then an auto and a w does a tiny bit more. Rivens autos are the vast majority of her damage. Her 1shot combos rely on landing a q/w/auto and her ulti at the same time. Most of them use at least two autos and two q's.
: I really miss League of Legends
I quit playing last season. For pretty much the same reasons. But I can't blame riot for where they are now. The community asked for alot of these changes. And it's sad that it reached a point where we learned how bad of changes they were.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sadalsa,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gx4RFN1y,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-22T15:28:50.687+0000) > > huh ? context maybe ? Female team consisting of 4 low diamond supports got their support champs banned which got another team punished and another team "prolonged the match" while completely decimating them with a 2:52 score and they also got punished. Basically if you ban or beat this girl team you are punished for being sexist. :/
> [{quoted}](name=KittyKàtKàtàrinà,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gx4RFN1y,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-22T15:40:20.189+0000) > > Female team consisting of 4 low diamond supports got their support champs banned which got another team punished and another team "prolonged the match" while completely decimating them with a 2:52 score and they also got punished. Basically if you ban or beat this girl team you are punished for being sexist. :/ To be fair, other team have been warned or fined for prolonging games or not ending games expediently. Iirc ending the game is in the contract of being a professional team.
: > [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tLix7OtV,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-22T21:08:18.509+0000) > > Wait, banning someone's main is discrimination? > > Well if that isn't just the stupidest thing I've never heard......... Wasnt discrimination when whatshisface had Heimer banned for 60% of world's matches. Or when Remilia gets Thresh banned against her.
> [{quoted}](name=MankeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tLix7OtV,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-02-22T21:12:59.159+0000) > > Wasnt discrimination when whatshisface had Heimer banned for 60% of world's matches. > Or when Remilia gets Thresh banned against her. Remember froggen and anivia? Like a 98% ban rate over several seasons. And whenever it got through the enemy lost. Must a been discrimination
: > [{quoted}](name=Death Rex,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WNWQXRJW,comment-id=000c0001,timestamp=2019-02-21T01:11:33.129+0000) > > Sorry, I was 11 at the time League was released. What a shame, I could definitely invested into that. Don't give me the: "You could have buyed it." When I was 11 I didn't even had a PC because I was playing outside with my friends or played Nintendo games like kids should do. > While I do get that it should stay exclusive, I hate the argument that I could have invested early. No, sometimes people can not. That's a beyond poor excuse. You might as well complain that some people collect literally anything because you aren't able to just order the same thing at its original purchase value online right now. Post stamps? Baseball cards? Signed baseballs from matches that you weren't able to attend? You didn't invest in Bitcoin and now you want the people who did to take pity on you because in retrospect you should have? Such is life, and it's completely okay for some things to be special, collectible, and limited with payoffs for early investment or achievement, otherwise nothing is. Heavens forbid Riot ever decides to re-release these old skins. If they absolutely have to, I'd prefer the way they did with Championship Riven and Pax Sivir - add some special sauce and style to the original skins and release slightly watered down, limited 'neo' versions so the people who earned the originals still get to keep their bragging rights. But even then, they re-released Championship Riven because it had a very limited run compared to every other championship skin and received a ton of negative backlash for re-releasing Neo Pax Sivir.
> [{quoted}](name=Ser Aymeric,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WNWQXRJW,comment-id=000c00010001,timestamp=2019-02-22T00:47:15.612+0000) > > That's a beyond poor excuse. You might as well complain that some people collect literally anything because you aren't able to just order the same thing at its original purchase value online right now. Post stamps? Baseball cards? Signed baseballs from matches that you weren't able to attend? You didn't invest in Bitcoin and now you want the people who did to take pity on you because in retrospect you should have? > > Such is life, and it's completely okay for some things to be special, collectible, and limited with payoffs for early investment or achievement, otherwise nothing is. > > Heavens forbid Riot ever decides to re-release these old skins. If they absolutely have to, I'd prefer the way they did with Championship Riven and Pax Sivir - add some special sauce and style to the original skins and release slightly watered down, limited 'neo' versions so the people who earned the originals still get to keep their bragging rights. But even then, they re-released Championship Riven because it had a very limited run compared to every other championship skin and received a ton of negative backlash for re-releasing Neo Pax Sivir. Tbh I, as a riven main without championship riven on my main account. Would have completely respected and almost preferred if they hadn't rereleased it. I love that I have the rereleased version. But it would have been better had they not IMHO.
: I think it's incredibly dumb for them to not bring it back. The limited deal thing was what, 8-9 goddamn years ago? How many players who actually got the skin are still playing League to this day? This skin is the one that I hear people talking about the most, and people obviously are willing to drop money on it. This is literally like winning a lottery ticket and not cashing it in. So what if people get upset that it was their "exclusive skin", who cares? It's still just pixels. What is your life like that you feel the need to justify your exclusivity? And if those people get mad? Whatever, because there's a lot more players now than back then and you'll be making a hell lot more happy than sad.
> [{quoted}](name=MetaVolca,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WNWQXRJW,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-19T22:02:47.167+0000) > > I think it's incredibly dumb for them to not bring it back. The limited deal thing was what, 8-9 goddamn years ago? How many players who actually got the skin are still playing League to this day? This skin is the one that I hear people talking about the most, and people obviously are willing to drop money on it. This is literally like winning a lottery ticket and not cashing it in. > > So what if people get upset that it was their "exclusive skin", who cares? It's still just pixels. What is your life like that you feel the need to justify your exclusivity? And if those people get mad? Whatever, because there's a lot more players now than back then and you'll be making a hell lot more happy than sad. I got this skin. and riot should not bring it back
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Why would you turn your 100 tokens into 100 BE? Just spend them on keys, champ shards or something. Hell, even disenchanting a random champ shard (450 BE value of Annie) is 90 BE - in just a one disenchant! Why would you be spending half an hour doing 1/1 token conversion instead of just grabbing something that has _**(blue) essentially **_, more value? Unless you're talking about Blitz tokens but even then, was a surplus of 100 even possible? The whole event poro, death and recall is 115 tokens total. And these tokens were only available through missions, not through the pass or the store. EDIT: Nexus tokens (red) cannot be disenchanted into BE. And a random champ shard costs 75 tokens, a key frag costs 15. That's easy 90 BE conversion (in the worst case of a 450 champ shard) + a key frag and only 10 tokens leftover to disenchant.
I didn't do anything with the Nexus any tokens since world ones I think. The time/energy into getting anything is too high. The piddly squat that comes out of it is basically worthless to me. I have all champs. I don't care about any skins and I have a ton of BE banked up. I could buy every new champ for a few years and still have some left over. *Shrugs* the only thing I even do in hextech crafting is reroll 3 skins for new skins I won't ever use.
: > [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=FWgUXWAj,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-09T07:01:12.382+0000) > > fair. I have all the champions so there is nearly no purpose to me having them. The champions I want on level seven are and there isnt any other point. champ shards can be converted to BE... More BE than you'll get for converting the tokens directly... LUL
I haven't done it for this event. The last one I actually used any tokens at all was at a 15-1 ratio. Or something like that. All that being said, I have like 400k BE or something like that so it really doesnt matter what I do. There isn't any way I am spending it all ever.
: > [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=FWgUXWAj,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-01-09T05:36:08.055+0000) > > try doing almost 100. That shit takes forever. 0 Not many people do 100. People would rather get champ shards.
fair. I have all the champions so there is nearly no purpose to me having them. The champions I want on level seven are and there isnt any other point.
Moon Mom (NA)
: "raises dps" someone doesnt play vayne. Tumbling decreases your dps.
: Yeah, it literally took me a minute and a half to do 14 tokens to BE
: Oh no i didnt mean that in an exicted way. I'm getting flashbacks of release riven but this time she has boomerang with your ult on it.
Ya, the 1v1 side lane where you trade and get hit with your own ult. and then they reset to full HP. And then do it again 20 seconds later. that shit will suck ass.
: > tl;dr: You gave him 3 dashes, a knockup, a slow, an empowered aoe auto after every abililty, a heal, a shield, and the ability to use enemy ults every 9 seconds at max rank with the incredibly easy to get cdr cap? It's like you just described Crazy Wizard Riven with a whip. **You have my attention.**
On the upside. Nobody bans riven anymore.
: What other shirtless, muscular male champion is there who isn't a hideous monstrosity or half human? I can't think of one. Rakan and Kayn come close, but they're not even completely human. In all honesty, the game needed more guys with raw sex appeal. Every other female for several years pandered to male players with their busts, buns, and pouty voices, and even their most recent blunder of Kai'Sa falls back into those trends for no apparent reason.
: I agree. His E is just Amumu Q but with a shield and reposition ability first, and his passive makes it so even if he misses all his skills he can still do well in a fight, while of course, being stronger against melee than ranged. His kit is pretty generic while also looking frustrating to play against.
Riven E plus amumu Q
Show more

Automated Riven

Level 69 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion