Dr Dog (NA)
: you guys are playing with fire
Post #9568 of people that don’t understand what made Ardent meta a thing. Hint: it wasn’t actually the ADCs
: Reducing Assassin damage to Tanks and Juggernauts would improve the over-the-top feel of game damage
Seen (NA)
: I'm scared of the PBE notes for s9
Ardent meta stopped after they removed the on-hit heal from it. Worlds was played on an earlier patch that had not had that patch yet.
Zac x Me (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GrR23u0e,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-12T18:09:43.552+0000) > > The dailies give 10 tokens per, and there are 325 free tokens available for the event. So yes. When did the event start? Because I just started playing today, will that still be enough time to get that much?
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GrR23u0e,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-12T18:32:07.873+0000) > > When did the event start? > Because I just started playing today, will that still be enough time to get that much? You’ve missed 3 or 4 I think? So as long as you get all the rest, I think you should be good. Each one lasts for 2 days, so you still have time to get yesterday’s
: How to change Akali.
> Unless you are ahead, you can barely kill champions fast enough because you have to whittle them down bit by bit, Q + run out of circle then auto attack, then repeat then your energy bar is gone while you sit in W waiting. Sometimes you try to R targets, then you cannot R back and end up dying without killing the targets. Yes. That’s the point. Unless she is obscenely fed, Akali has to play around her passive, darting around her shroud to constantly proc the ring. That’s the reason her W is so strong, because without it she would either be completely useless, or Riot would need to buff up her base spell numbers to compensate for the lack of anything from her passive.
Moody P (NA)
: Idea for making Ornn skillfully durable; directional damage reduction
Except that’s still essentially the same problem that made her remove unstoppable from his W before though: that it becomes a “I win every trade” button. No one who’s trading with him will be able to hit his back, so it’s still just regular damage reduction for all intents and purposes. All this really does is make it possible to snipe him off as he’s running away I guess?
: Wait a second im fucking stupid.
Don’t worry I was thinking the exact same thing {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
Mordius (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RF5xAgvO,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2018-12-10T17:39:45.247+0000) > > The minimum amount of BE you can get from a level up post-30 is 810. > > If you really did only get 400, then submit a support ticket. That's still 8 level ups, just to purchase one 6300 champion. On average, its more around 6. But that's still alot. And champion prices are only lowered when new champs are released, and only 1 champion gets lowered in price. It's all a scheme to get you to spend RP on champions
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RF5xAgvO,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-10T17:50:22.719+0000) > > That's still 8 level ups, just to purchase one 6300 champion. > > On average, its more around 6. But that's still alot. > > And champion prices are only lowered when new champs are released, and only 1 champion gets lowered in price. > > It's all a scheme to get you to spend RP on champions And that’s the minimum amount, which you will not get every time. You can also use those shards to upgrade to the champion, which gives you a massive discount.
: > [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uxJUEhbr,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-10T17:36:58.898+0000) > > {{champion:555}} yep. {{champion:145}} single {{champion:497}} target {{champion:84}} line {{champion:81}} skill shots {{champion:142}} aren’t in the game on *any* recent champions or updates Ezreal was a season 1 champ so... But other than him every single one of those "single-target line skillshots" has multiple effects. That is the key problem, abilities are just getting more complex so we can't have simple, nice things anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=ThurgotOfThunder,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uxJUEhbr,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-12-10T17:40:41.194+0000) > > Ezreal was a season 1 champ so... > But other than him every single one of those "single-target line skillshots" has multiple effects. That is the key problem, abilities are just getting more complex so we can't have simple, nice things anymore. And he had one of his two AoE abilities reworked into another single target line shot. The problem with simple things is that all too often they become overbearing when then numbers are good, but then are worthless when they aren’t, because all you have is that one balance lever
: Blue Essence is a SCAM
The minimum amount of BE you can get from a level up post-30 is 810. If you really did only get 400, then submit a support ticket.
: What happened to single-target line skillshots?
{{champion:555}} yep. {{champion:145}} single {{champion:497}} target {{champion:84}} line {{champion:81}} skill shots {{champion:142}} aren’t in the game on *any* recent champions or updates
: The real reasoning behind the Riot Games decisions on gameplay
> People that play the game are the ones that know what is more healthy for the game I’m going to stop you right there. That is absolutely, 100% not true.-
: > [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hQuyaEj6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-10T03:56:28.059+0000) > > There's no weighted odds for rerolling Yeah what I'm saying is, given the number of skins at each price point, with an assumed equal probability for each skin, the math can be easily done to determine if rerolling 1350 skins is worth it or not. And I could've sworn I'd seen a thread about that somewhere I just don't feel like looking up or counting the number of skins in each price point
> [{quoted}](name=ez mental boom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hQuyaEj6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-10T03:57:59.070+0000) > > Yeah what I'm saying is, given the number of skins at each price point, with an assumed equal probability for each skin, the math can be easily done to determine if rerolling 1350 skins is worth it or not. And I could've sworn I'd seen a thread about that somewhere > > I just don't feel like looking up or counting the number of skins in each price point Ok, so: Right now there are 886 total skins that you can get from rerolling (provided that you can currently get Dark Star Cho'Gath, and that Judgement and Silver Kayle are not available). There are 63 skins above Epic Tier, while there are 817 skins at Epic Tier and below. This puts your odds of rerolling \> Epic at **7.16%**. The odds of rerolling to get *equal to* or greater than Epic ( 299 skins to 581 skins) is** 33.98%**
: Somebody's probably done the math behind the probability of upgrading with rerolls
There's no weighted odds for rerolling. You are equally as likely to get any kind of skin (it's just that there's far far less more valuable skins then there are less valuable ones) My rule: only reroll if you don't care what you get.
: The most frustrating part of this game is that all the high burst champions ARE SO GOD DAMN SAFE
Kha'Zix has 2 ways: his leap or his ult. If he used his leap to get to the target in the first place, then he would have had to kill them to get the reset. Seeing as your qualification is "misplay", then that reset is unlikely. That leaves his ult, which only stealths him for at most 2 seconds (only if he get's the evolve on his ult), and he still has to walk out. If somehow he has his leap to get out of a misplay, then that means you just let him walk up to you, which is a misplay on your part for letting an assassin just walk up. Yasuo's dash is unit targeted and only goes a fixed distance. If he's in the middle of your team after a misplay, he's not getting out. If somehow you are just letting him walk out, then again, that's your problem. Zed has only 2 ways to get out: his W or R recasts. Seeing as he likely uses his W to get in range or to get extra damage on Death Mark, that means both his W and R recasts are relatively close by or unable to be used again. Unless you are just letting him walk into your team, which again is your fault for letting an assassin just walk up to you.
: Its just free shit. Fuck Yasuo man. Like Akali or other high skill champions, I feel have weakness. A good Yasuo main, just makes me wanna AFK. Everything about his kit says "Outplay your enemy! Or just survive off welfare, then eventually win anyways!"
> [{quoted}](name=Poro Lord,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eiLF09eU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-10T02:34:39.429+0000) > Like Akali or other high skill champions, I feel have weakness. And you're right, they do have weaknesses. Learning that they aren't actually OP is the first step to overcoming those champions. The number one opponent in every match is your own mind. {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
: Yasuo passive shield....
\> Dark Seal doesn't give AD. It gives AP, which gives barely anything to your Q damage. I can't see this NB game in your match history, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you took the double adaptive damage \> All together, your damage combo did (70+35) + 95 + 70 for a total of 270 pre-mitigation physical damage. \> Yasuo has 30 armor at level 1, and combined with his shield at level 1 has 625 health (525 base hp + 100 from the shield). \> Doing the calculations, you dealt 208 damage (rounding up). 100 of that is automatically absorbed by the shield, leaving 100 damage dealt. That's still nearly a 5th of Yasuo's level 1 health bar. The math doesn't support your post at all.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: yea all AOE champions could have done the same said no one ever
Put Lissandra, Lux, Brand, Xerath, Vel'Koz, Annie, or Ziggs in the same position, they will do the exact same thing. Only difference is that aside from Lissandra, they all will do it from much further range than Neeko.
: OMG! So it just showed a picture of a guy, so I was so confused lmao. I then clicked on it! Okay no need to explain. That was so confusing for a sec lol
Yeah, tweet url links do that. I haven't figured out how people do the thing where it shows the actual tweet {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
: Simple Change to Akali
Here's the current changes they are testing internally: https://twitter.com/MarkYetter/status/1071479765897424896
: > [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TWit591J,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-08T21:06:54.965+0000) > > Then don’t try to 1v1 the champion built for duels. She's a tank busting team fighter WTF.
> [{quoted}](name=BestPudgeNA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TWit591J,comment-id=0001000d,timestamp=2018-12-09T23:17:58.052+0000) > > She's a tank busting team fighter WTF. Tank killer, yes. Teamfighter only if you are a good of positioning or have a team wall built by China. Only single target damage with no access to anything outside of her auto attack range, unlike every other ADC except for Trist (who has an auto attack range that extends over the game time). And tank killing and duelist aren't mutually exclusive.
: > [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TWit591J,comment-id=0001000c0000,timestamp=2018-12-09T19:29:20.615+0000) > > Holy straw man Batman. their wording is wrong, here, actions speak louder than words: https://youtu.be/EveF2F9FKMY
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TWit591J,comment-id=0001000c00000000,timestamp=2018-12-09T22:45:38.563+0000) > > their wording is wrong, here, actions speak louder than words: https://youtu.be/EveF2F9FKMY \> No competent Vayne is building CDR \> Constantly tumbling like that actually lowers your DPS \> You don't instantly attack after you tumble anyway so that you can reposition
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: So neeko has 80% ban rate
\> Baron reduces resistances. It's been attacking Rush's team for several seconds at that point \> People just used their abilities to just take down Yasuo \> No one has their ults, except for Irelia, who throws it into Windwall
: > [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oBEyHYJO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-09T20:52:47.103+0000) > > And since when does Vayne build any CDR? Rank 1 tumble gets the cd of rank 5 Rank 5 tumble gets a 1 second cd Haha nice one riot
> [{quoted}](name=ez mental boom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oBEyHYJO,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-09T21:03:00.855+0000) > > Rank 1 tumble gets the cd of rank 5 > > Rank 5 tumble gets a 1 second cd > > Haha nice one riot So a late game carry gets a strong powerup towards the later game? The scenes in the video just won't happen with any actually good Vayne build. You won't be instantly autoing after your tumble, because you use that to re-position. Even if you do have that kind of stupid build, you are actually decreasing your DPS because of the tumble cast time. Riot has already said that if it does end of being too strong, the reduction will scale up to 50% at rank 3 ult, starting at 30% at rank 1.
: > [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ff89vE5L,comment-id=000400050000,timestamp=2018-12-09T20:45:22.538+0000) > > How? > > That's basically the reason. Riot doesn't want to put URF out as a game mode because it results in game population drop offs. When it's for a limited run tournament with selected individuals, there's no risk of that happening. I mean, if the population is leaving the game en masse because of a mode coming and going, maybe theres a fundamental flaw with their game as a whole they should look to address.
> [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ff89vE5L,comment-id=0004000500000001,timestamp=2018-12-09T20:58:03.667+0000) > > I mean, if the population is leaving the game en masse because of a mode coming and going, maybe theres a fundamental flaw with their game as a whole they should look to address. https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/ask-riot-urf/ This explains it.
: haha nice one riot
And since when does Vayne build any CDR?
dnsup (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ff89vE5L,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-07T06:30:28.076+0000) > > Because it's only a few games with a closed population and isn't going to result in dramatic drop offs in general game population? Stating this as a matter of fact (as you did) is misleading at best.
> [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ff89vE5L,comment-id=00040005,timestamp=2018-12-09T20:39:06.670+0000) > > Stating this as a matter of fact (as you did) is misleading at best. How? That's basically the reason. Riot doesn't want to put URF out as a game mode because it results in game population drop offs. When it's for a limited run tournament with selected individuals, there's no risk of that happening.
Elixors (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TWit591J,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-08T21:06:54.965+0000) > > Then don’t try to 1v1 the champion built for duels. "don't fight a champion ever because it will 100% kill you because of the flawed choices done by Riot Games' balance team." Makes sense.
> [{quoted}](name=Elixors,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TWit591J,comment-id=0001000c,timestamp=2018-12-09T19:16:41.090+0000) > > "don't fight a champion ever because it will 100% kill you because of the flawed choices done by Riot Games' balance team." Makes sense. Holy straw man Batman.
: Remember when champs had 3 abilities, an ultimate, and a passive?
Adraxar (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TWit591J,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-08T21:06:54.965+0000) > > Then don’t try to 1v1 the champion built for duels. What am I supposed to do as another duelist, such as Jax or Fiora? How is it fair that Vayne has everything I have and range on top of that?
> [{quoted}](name=Adraxar,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TWit591J,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-12-08T22:16:27.064+0000) > > What am I supposed to do as another duelist, such as Jax or Fiora? How is it fair that Vayne has everything I have and range on top of that? Unless the Vayne is just massively ahead of you, or you are just playing incredibly badly, there is basically 0 chance Vayne is winning against a Jax or Fiora. 9 times out of 10, she’s blown up in an instant.
: just because its an old skin doesnt mean it has to be legacy. maybe i wanted to buy fereal ww? whoops i cant its legacy, ok thats fine ill just buy grey warwick oh wait thats legacy too, ok ok lunar ww is cool so ill just buy that, NOPE also legacy etc. i dont like any of his available skins. infernal morde, shadow eve, assassin yi, and mercenary katarina were some of the first skins in the game and they're not legacy so what is exactly your point?
> [{quoted}](name=Akali Prime,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=itoELqLA,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-08T21:34:20.830+0000) > > just because its an old skin doesnt mean it has to be legacy. maybe i wanted to buy fereal ww? whoops i cant its legacy, ok thats fine ill just buy grey warwick oh wait thats legacy too, ok ok lunar ww is cool so ill just buy that, NOPE also legacy etc. i dont like any of his available skins. Only one of those skins is a true legacy. Grey Warwick was never available for purchase. It was first a reward for reaching one of the milestones of the refer-a-friend system, now he’s one of the two skin rewards for reaching honor level 5 (the other is medival Twitch) Lunar Warwick is a holiday skin, for he Lunar Revel event for Chinese New Year. It will be available every year around late January/early February.
: Why are we removing defensive options from tanks?
\> Riot releases heavy defensive oriented tank \> is broken in high elo/pro play, sucks in lower elo \> general player base complains that Riot “only cares about pro play” \> Riot has to buff up tank, and knows that buffing defenses won’t do anything for low elo where people don’t play around a tank \> general player base than complains that Riot is buffing the tank’s damage {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: My favorite part of fighting Vayne
Then don’t try to 1v1 the champion built for duels.
: Moderators commenting on a topic
When you see the star icon, that means a comment has been pinned. Pinned comments are usually only for official moderation messages or warnings, such as letting people know if there has been a moderator edit to the post (removing names or insults).
: This might come off as a pretty stupid question, but what happened to re-rolling champion shards?
Because with the new BE/leveling system, you earn a bunch of champion shards, whereas before you only got them from chests. Due to the decreased rarity, they had to change the system.
SanKakU (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Silly Neeko,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1V8d8pO0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-07T15:18:48.844+0000) > > Because of champ capsules you get an assured 810(?) Blue essence disenchanting gaurenteed. This generally means you could get 3 450 champs and then reroll. > > Though currently with just 1 skin shard of a champion, upgrading via champ shard for a 4800 BE champ saves abput 2000 blue essence. So, its not a horrible tradeoff. I get less than 800 BE often from a level up though.
> [{quoted}](name=SanKakU,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1V8d8pO0,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-07T18:05:01.723+0000) > > I get less than 800 BE often from a level up though. Then submit a support ticket, because you shouldn’t be. I seriously doubt you are though.
LTK KoRo (EUW)
: Yes, lets buff adcs again and funnel entire fun from the game into them... again. No one want to play around adcs and botlane anymore, only you guys want to go back to the "better bot wins" meta.
The only time is was that was during ardent meta if you had a coordinated team. And even then, that was because of the support, not the Adc.
: So, why do the pros at All-Star get URF but we don't?
Because it's only a few games with a closed population and isn't going to result in dramatic drop offs in general game population?
Meritas (EUNE)
: Too bad I have to lose my first day of Snowdown bonus tokens because of this, and I doubt that Riot will reimburse those.
I would submit a support ticket. This is the kind of thing they fix: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Rioter Comments
: I kinda miss passionate rioters, getting tired of these "stat" responses.
Blame the community for taking their opinions as facts or promises to do something. Either they’ll only really comment on something when it *is* something they can say with 100% certainty, or it’s the super tentative answers you mention.
: Is it just be or is Neeko just Rue from the hunger games but a Lizard
So I haven’t read those books in years so I might just be completely forgetting, but could you elaborate how she’s like Rue?
ShirukuSama (EUNE)
: > The game is balanced primarily around plat to diamond. In Yorick's case, it's simply not true. As Riot said in 8.17 patch notes: > Top laners have unearthed Yorick as a dominant pick, in part due to the threat of his Mist Walkers. _**Players who understand the Mist Walkers' behavior and actively play around it avoid a lot of damage, while players who don't find themselves digging their own graves.**_ We're toning down the damage of Mist Walkers to decrease his low level pubstomp potential. So they admitted that Yorick was not a threat in high elo, bronzies just bad and Yorick had to be nerfed because of them. At this time he had 52% WR in high elo and 3% pick rate... (patch 8.16) http://www.op.gg/champion/yorick/statistics/top Actually, I don't get these recently minion nerfs. They've designed him this way, as a split pusher minionmancer, yet they keep nerfing his minions until he becomes a Nasus Q Bot with a misty waifu.
> with changes aimed at both organized play and low elo sprinkled in. Literally in the same same comment mate
HÔPÊ (EUW)
: This is hype in the purest form.
Cinematic is awesome. What's the combat system in the game like? I love the setting, but I don't know if it's something I'd enjoy playing (and do you know what the premium subscription thing unlocks for you?)
: Correct that is what I meant, thank you.
Then you certainly would not have earned that much. Maybe if every game was extra long, but that's a very rare possibility. You got unlucky and got the minimum amount in a capsule. Not every one is like that, and on average, you earn more than you did with the old system.
: Fair Champion Capsules "we calculated it"
You did not get less than 400 BE. The minimum amount you will always get is 810, through champion shard disenchantment or raw BE
: Lets talk about Privacy.riotgames.com and how they deliver information now compared to prior.
EU privacy law. You know that thing that made it so that every site had to update their ToS? That's why.
: > [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BvsNVZ4U,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-03T19:57:04.972+0000) > > There’s some negative experience, sure. > > But I guarantee you that the vast majority of those bans come from a player who heard from a friend somewhere that Akali has “true stealth” and some other bs like “she takes no damage from towers” (or things like “you have to stay out of exp range against Irelia”) so now they fear ban her even though there is absolutely now reason to, because unless you are in high elo, Akali straight up sucks. LOL no, as a person who dealt with this myself when nid was banned out even when she had a 38% after 6.23 winrate because people didn't realize she got gutted.. it only took like 2-3 patches for them to get the message that she wasn't worth the ban. It's been nearly 6 months since then.. also I'm not even the one banning her... i would _much_ rather deal with {{champion:84}} than champions like. {{champion:39}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:7}} but this is the kind of thing you would expect to see the same patch cycle or maybe 2-3 patches after it... not SIX MONTHS LATER.
When people keep repeating again and again “Akali is broken”, “toxic design”, “true stealth” and other such lies, nothing’s going to make it to those fearful players. There’s a decent number of people here on the boards that want her straight up gutted, and they won’t stop complaining about her till she is. Which means that the perception to those who don’t investigate statistics or learn for themselves is that she is still “broken”, and they still fear ban her. With Nidalee, people said she was gutted, which made public perception go that way and they stopped banning her.
Alzon (NA)
: No, it’s really just because people don’t like playing against it. Negative experiences. Buzzwords are thrown around after the fact to “commiserate” with other players who either don’t want to or haven’t learned how to find a weak point in the champion’s design and exploit it. Even in some of these cases, it leads to a negative experience, like waiting for dual stacked passives to wear off outside of engage range (and thus EXP range) for the entire duration of a slow push.
There’s some negative experience, sure. But I guarantee you that the vast majority of those bans come from a player who heard from a friend somewhere that Akali has “true stealth” and some other bs like “she takes no damage from towers” (or things like “you have to stay out of exp range against Irelia”) so now they fear ban her even though there is absolutely now reason to, because unless you are in high elo, Akali straight up sucks.
Naalith (NA)
: Well that's good considering like 90% of balancing is done for pro play which has ruined the game. I agree the Yorick nerfs, as a recent example, should be reverted (and I'm a Yorick guy so I mean it) but we also need to stop opening up ways to exploit and kill people instantly because pros play so defensively. Most people who play the game regularly don't give a shit if pro is fun to watch. The game should be balanced around high plat to mid diamond players. They know how to play and what's effective there is likely to be effective elsewhere, but it's not so exponentially better like pros are where the game is literally tailored around a thousand or so people.
The game *is* balanced primarily around plat to diamond. Aside from a few patches in September focused on Worlds play, the vast majority of balance changes are focused on that standard high elo play, with changes aimed at both organized play and low elo sprinkled in.
Show more

AvantelWings

Level 73 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion