: I honestly liked him before he was reformed because he was more entertaining.
I do too. Unfortunately, all streamers and players were eventually going to be forced to "reform" because Twitch has to listen to their overlord sponsors and keep them happy and Riot's policy on toxicity became stricter.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: I hate those that are toxic without a reason. He should not have become such a well known person in League community, and i have no idea how it happened. People like assholes, i guess.
Quáx (NA)
: If you're a big fan, you'd know he just quit
That's off-topic but I'll address it. I heard about that but I don't think he'd permanently quit playing the game. He is most likely taking an extended break.
Rioter Comments
: This is so pessimistic that idk if you're even one to support NA or if you were just happening to wait for everything to end to have a meltdown. Yeah they lost but seeing all they did sure as hell shouldn't establish their year as a big fucking failure! Is it that hard to smile in the face of defeat? Yeah feel sad. Feel mad. But at least smile cause there were but so few adamantly behind C9 through all the mixed performances they showed the entire season!
not the OP but i don't support NA. 0 expectations. I predicted an EU vs. CN final and i was absolutely right. I got paid alot this weekend.
alasarcher (EUNE)
: I dont get it. Europe won Worlds once and almost every year had amazing performance. Last season Misfits get to quarterfinal and lose there. Entire Europe is proud of them and praises their success. NA never did anything on worlds, one of their worst teams this season goes to worlds, gets to semifinal, NA people are disappointed they didnt win and flame players all over their twitter.
EU is actually good, so good they have the respect of the other regions. NA gets 0 respect from EVERYONE. Its because NA loves to brag and talk big. I think this year, fans were really angry at NA.
: C9 Disappointment. Always the same kind offered every year.
I wouldn't say they were necessarily a disappointment. This year just like the previous years, I've had no expectations of them. They made it to semis which completely surprised me. Afterwards, I still kept 0 expectations. I predicted an EU and CN final during the quarter finals and of course, I was right.
Rioter Comments
: Local Western Team Crushed to Discover Their Worlds Victories Actually Don't Count.
how about a 3D printed downvote arrow to throw at your enemies3
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=AwesomeChad,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=kFLAyOqj,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-10-21T01:03:01.499+0000) > > Lets see, so korea is down to 1 team. China is has 1 team locked in. NA has 1 team. EU has 1 team locked however Fnatic looked strong in groups so we could see Fnatic beating EDG. It is guaranteed that iG will face G2 in semis. I'm going to say that Afreeca beats C9 3-2 and will go on to lose against either iG or G2. I love it when i'm right. Reddit users love to circlejerk and they act like they know everything when they're wrong. > > EDIT: I originally posted my comment on Reddit so I'm referring to those group of people. I'm confused. You predicted an EU vs CN final. And now you're predicting that Afreeca wins their qf and sf, and loses the final to iG or G2. Except in that case, you would have a Korea vs CN or Korea vs EU final - NOT an EU vs CN final. It seems like you just predict everything then, so whenever whatever happens, happens - you can say you were right.
no, I'm saying that Afreeca wins against C9 but then loses to either EDG or Fnatic. My original prediction still stands but now I'm adding more details to my prediction as to how the outcome happens. I don't know which team wins from the EU vs. CN games however. EDIT: Ok I miswrote what I meant. Fixed my original post. I meant that Afreeca meets either EDG or Fnatic in semis and loses.
Rioter Comments
: Kinda weird that he hasn't even played 1 game so far.
Not really. In LCK/chinese lcs, depending on how the organization is set-up, they give strong preferential treatment towards certain players which makes sense since these organizations invest alot of money into these top tier players. So in this case, most likely Rush was told that he wouldn't really get a chance to play however he could be part of the team atmosphere and he still said yes because this is his dream. One earlier example similar to Rush's is Poohmanduh from SKT. I think it was the last year that Marin was on SKT and Pooh randomly shows up as part of the team when they accepted the rewards for winning the world championship. I did not see him play the entire season and he randomly shows up.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
AhmCha (NA)
: I'm gonna be honest, games being shorter doesn't actually bother me
Its funny to see how Riot's logic changes when you've been playing the game as long as I have (8 years). One season they say "oh games are too snowball-y so we will nerf all these factors like first blood and provide more opportunities to comeback into the game". Then , they look at their charts and see that people are not looking at the game launcher with all the sales/merchandise advertising because they're spending so much time in-game. Next season "games are too long so we're going to make the game more snowball-y" and they'll give you some PR bullsht to "justify" their actions. Let me tell you, there was a time when players could stack 5 bloodthirsters and single-handedly carry their team because they were too fed on Pantheon. Those were the glory days.
: I'll admit, I do enjoy the gambling aspect of the Hextech chests, which has led me to purchase them frequently with RP. I like to try to play as many champions as I can, so the 'loot boxes' are fun for me because any good skin I get, I just start playing that champion a lot. Anyway, I think we all understand the "business" part of this decision, however I wish I could see some charts because I don't imagine they were losing THAT much revenue.. especially with all the other sources of income I'm sure they receive from things like eSports and social media (to name a couple). In regards to the current value of the orange essence right now, I'll agree with the OP and say that I haven't purchased a single chest since the change. If it cannot be reverted to the original state, at least raise the disenchant numbers some. As of right now, the chests are very underwhelming and I don't see myself buying anymore anytime soon.
no offense but you're kind of dumb to waste your money on chests when you can just get whatever skin/champion/icon you want GUARANTEED for a set price.
: Orange essence is a fucking joke.
congratz, you just exposed Riot's money scam.
: 2018 Ranked Placements Venting post!
i love INT-ing in ranked games. i have alot of fun making the game miserable for a bunch of sore losers who want to cry over spilled milk
Chermorg (NA)
: I would love to respond to alleviate some of your concerns, but theres no actual constructive criticism in your OP that I can respond to - just a rant.
At this stage, all I have left is a short rant. I've posted over the years towards Riot about their decisions as someone who has been playing the game consistently from Season 1 to Season 6. Just think about that. I believe my frustrations extend much further than most players in this game. If I didn't care about this game I wouldn't still be here making these posts.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I am honestly getting very tired of the Boards community.
Do you want to know the truth coming from someone who has played the game since season 1 (that is, since December 2010)? I'm tired of the changes to be honest. I stopped playing this game on a frequent basis since January of 2017 (I get on sometimes to play an ARAM and maybe a ranked game or two). This game was really fun for me between season 2-4 tbh because two things existed: 1. My ping was <50 (this is before they moved servers to chicago as it is well over 80 now). 2. The game was in a state where individual choices mattered more. Build diversity was at its peak and you could get really fed on almost any champion and carry the game. Now, when I play, I get alot of random lag spikes despite living in California with AT&T internet. And the bigger issue, at least for me, is that there are so many big changes focused at completely changing the tempo of the game. I was a Diamond 2 ADC/Jungle main who used to theorycraft strategies to help me climb at the game and it was really fun because the game was set-up in a way where strategy actually mattered. But now, its so fast paced that it really doesn't make a big difference and the imbalance between champions right now is ridiculous due to many factors including itemization, gold accumulation over the game, and etc. I can't keep up with it anymore. I just know that I want to be able to play any champion and have fun but its hard to do that in ranked nowadays.
Jo0o (NA)
: He earned the dislike of wide swaths of the community. This is what they think of him.
Sounds like a hypocritical community who uses a double standard of "hes toxic to the community so its okay if I do his actions back to him". Man, i love idiots who spew fake justice. <- not directed at you specifically. I am saying this towards those people specifically who dislike tyler1 and would do this kind of thing.
: It's sad to see how far you fell for being a Tyler1 fan after all the toxicity you "supported" him through last time. I'll wait for the time when we're right again.
Wrong. I'm all about the human spirit and I believe in second chances, especially when the person feels remorseful about their actions and truly puts in the efforts to show otherwise. That ideology resonates with me and thats why I'm glad he got unbanned. I'm not a debbie downer like the rest of you.
: It's a matter of time til he'll get banned again. Who knows? We'll see.
Doesn't even matter what happens from this point onward. He got unbanned so it disproves your point and all this other crap people said about him. THINK about it. He went from being indefinitely banned to unbanned. You guys are so wrong that its hlarious.
: You literally responded to a 9 months old thread. Aren't you a bored yet desperate one?
No, I just hate ignorant people who act self-righteous when they're hypocrites like you and alot of these other people who said he would never be unbanned because blah blah blah. The fact that he got unbanned already proves my point.
: I'm sorry but this guy had several chances to fix himelf... on his first account.... and several chances on his second... third... forth.. etc... twenty third.. I'm sorry but no.. every one deserves a second chance not a 567th chance he need to stay out of league forever
hes unbanned. aww, do you want to cry now? You can cry because you were wrong and it sucks to be corrected doesn't it?
: The thing is that I can BARELY get myself a single permanent ban or even a single chat restriction, and yet Tyler1 doesn't give a shit about it & continued his negative habit & ruined hundreds of players' experience. Try counting from 1 to 23 with your fingers, and don't forget that each number includes 3 punishment tiers such as 10 game chat restriction, 25 game chat restrictions & 14 days suspension. He had his chances. He doesn't deserved a place in League anymore.
Hes unbanned. You're dumb. Too bad, so sad.
: Yeah yeah yeah, he decided to change after 23 accounts? Pfft, in your dreams.
hes unbanned. You're wrong. gtfo.
: Tyler1 **SHOULD NOT BE GETTING HIS ID BAN LIFTED** Basically what riot is saying **WELL ITS OKAY IF YOU SCREW WITH OUR PLAYERS SINCE YOUR A POPULAR LoL YOUTUBER** **HE WAS LIKE 4 MONTHS REFORMED SO HES TOTALLY OKAY!!** Yeah go fuck yourself riot
Why are you so mad and satly? Can't handle that someone can change and become reformed? You sound pretty toxic yourself. Maybe you should get banned.
Linthe (NA)
: Sven was terrible. He was a polarized jungler having either very good games (mostly on Lee Sin) or absolutely horrible games (mostly on everyone else and more recently every game). He died too much and gave up too many first bloods. If I had to pick one reason why TSM did not get out of groups, it would be Sven's performance. He was terrible. I dont know if Milkeyeung is the answer. Personally, I always thought that Reignover would be an awesome fit for TSM. But clearly Mike is an upgrade over Sven. I expect TSM to be better no matter what the new bot lane does. The bot lane is trickier for me. Clearly, this was a Sven for DLIft trade. And once that was decided, it made too much sense to take Mithy as well. Which means that Bio had to go. I am really not sure now much of am upgrade (if any) Sven will be over DLift. So I will ber VERY interested to see how TSM's bot lane performs in Spring. I will say that DLIft had the most disappointing worlds for TSM. I got pretty much what I expected from Sven but DLIft played nowhere near his potential at worlds. Maybe that was enough to make a change because clearly TSM SHOULD have gotten out of groups. (Although to be fair, whoever decided he wouldnt play Tris in that game is a bozo. If it was Parth, that alone was enough to send him packing.)
Reignover is a waste of money to invest in for TSM because their team dynamic requires the jungler to be more supportive rather carry mode. MikeYeung is an amateur so they can pay him less whereas ReignOver is seen as a "superstar jungler".
Rioter Comments
: You're not entitled to be treated kindly by anyone. You are not a captive audience on his stream. You can leave anytime.
> [{quoted}](name=We Dont Know Who,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yVUIfBJI,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-11-17T18:17:22.142+0000) > > You&#x27;re not entitled to be treated kindly by anyone. You are not a captive audience on his stream. You can leave anytime. Theres a difference between not treating some kindly and going out of one's way to be a complete a**hole. He did the later when he added that bit about getting my balls removed. Also, his chat lynched the hell out of me for no reason. If he just called me stupid and left it at that, i wouldn't care as much.
: > [{quoted}](name=AwesomeChad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yVUIfBJI,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-11-17T08:40:37.686+0000) > > Wait, so if I keep &quot;not&quot; in my title, then I don&#x27;t have to use &quot;nor&quot;? This doesn&#x27;t seem right..... The title (which I don't believe you can change now) should've been "Saintvicious is not a nice or a good person", or "Saintvicious is neither a nice nor a good person." Having "not" and "nor" in the same sentence doesn't make sense from a grammatical standpoint.
> [{quoted}](name=AntiSkillshot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yVUIfBJI,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2017-11-17T09:07:55.859+0000) > > The title (which I don&#x27;t believe you can change now) should&#x27;ve been &quot;Saintvicious is not a nice or a good person&quot;, or &quot;Saintvicious is neither a nice nor a good person.&quot; Having &quot;not&quot; and &quot;nor&quot; in the same sentence doesn&#x27;t make sense from a grammatical standpoint. Ok that makes sense. Then, "neither" enables the usage of "nor".
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Vardahoth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yVUIfBJI,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-11-17T04:43:15.178+0000) > > -snip- You are part of the reason why cyberbullying exists.
: >Saintvicious is not a nice nor a good person. Should be "or" not "nor". Nor is a conjunction that follows "neither". If "neither" is not present, "nor" shouldn't be used. /grammarpolice
> [{quoted}](name=AntiSkillshot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yVUIfBJI,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-11-17T08:38:30.831+0000) > > Should be &quot;or&quot; not &quot;nor&quot;. Nor is a conjunction that follows &quot;neither&quot;. If &quot;neither&quot; is not present, &quot;nor&quot; shouldn&#x27;t be used. > > /grammarpolice Wait, so if I keep "not" in my title, then I don't have to use "nor"? This doesn't seem right.....
Yatteri (NA)
: You're still so upset about this two to three years later that you want to try to publicly shame him? Come on man, it's pretty late. Just get over it. I'm sure he didn't ruin your life and cause an anxiety disorder. Just don't watch his stream if you don't like him. This is pretty sad.
> [{quoted}](name=Yatteri,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yVUIfBJI,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-11-17T08:07:28.369+0000) > > You&#x27;re still so upset about this two to three years later that you want to try to publicly shame him? Come on man, it&#x27;s pretty late. Just get over it. I&#x27;m sure he didn&#x27;t ruin your life and cause an anxiety disorder. Just don&#x27;t watch his stream if you don&#x27;t like him. This is pretty sad. No, you're out of touch with reality. Ever get bullied? Remember the feeling? Thats how I feel about it. Yeah, i should've made this post a LONG time ago when I still had access to the video footage. That would've made my case alot stronger.
: Confirmed on Saint's stream. Also this is 2 years ago?
> [{quoted}](name=PPPPPPPPPPPP270,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yVUIfBJI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-16T22:55:20.834+0000) > > Confirmed on Saint&#x27;s stream. > > Also this is 2 years ago? I'm not sure if it was exactly 2 or 3 years ago. Definitely did not happen this year .
: Pretty sure there are laws in the US against crowd abuse like that. You can try submitting a support ticket to Twitch, Riot, and maybe even contact your police. Although it being 2 years ago might lessen the reaction... If you do take that route be sure to provide screenshots and proof.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yVUIfBJI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-16T23:03:48.910+0000) > > Pretty sure there are laws in the US against crowd abuse like that. You can try submitting a support ticket to Twitch, Riot, and maybe even contact your police. Although it being 2 years ago might lessen the reaction... > > If you do take that route be sure to provide screenshots and proof. I can't report it anyhow because the VOD for that stream is way gone. I used to save the link to the VOD but little too late, I learned that it didn't help.
Rioter Comments
: Reposting this from another thread. We really can't be blaming others for what a full grown adult said. He could have , should have, held his tongue. Sure, i've had some outbursts on aggressive customers at work too, I think almost everybody who has worked in the service industry has, but I was wrong in every case for doing so and I was held accountable for it. I also believe even fewer have gone so far to say it would be a positive thing if someone died from an OD or cancer, especially in front of other customers. >he looks like a damn humunculous. “honestly, its fine he’ll die from a coke overdose or testicular cancer from the steroids. Then we’ll be gucci.” Thats something you keep to the break room and off public forum where your employer could catch wind of it. I can't say termination isn't completely unreasonable, especially when your company is making effort to try and reduce poor behavior of its users. If anything it has definitely shown they aren't going to tolerate bad behavior from anybody. On the flip side of things, the steroid1 fanboys have definitely made this situation so much worse than it really is. 2nd Chance, made a good point yesterday that Riot needs to be firm on their stance on if hes going to be allowed back at some point. Otherwise they're going to continue to get this sort of bullshit without end from Gorilla1's fan base, which, to be honest, really isn't helping his case at all. All its shown is that no matter how "reformed" he claims he is, he's already created a hypocritical cult following of bad behavior that isn't going away. This whole situation is a sad mess. TLDR: I believe that his termination isn't completely unreasonable, hes a full grown adult and needs to be accountable for his actions, but I also understand that Kong1's fanbase just creating so many more problems and needs to be dealt with.
> [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZtJUtdcA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-04T16:34:54.335+0000) > > Reposting this from another thread. > > We really can&#x27;t be blaming others for what a full grown adult said. He could have , should have, held his tongue. Sure, i&#x27;ve had some outbursts on aggressive customers at work too, I think almost everybody who has worked in the service industry has, but I was wrong in every case for doing so and I was held accountable for it. I also believe even fewer have gone so far to say it would be a positive thing if someone died from an OD or cancer, especially in front of other customers. > > Thats something you keep to the break room and off public forum where your employer could catch wind of it. > > I can&#x27;t say termination isn&#x27;t completely unreasonable, especially when your company is making effort to try and reduce poor behavior of its users. If anything it has definitely shown they aren&#x27;t going to tolerate bad behavior from anybody. > > On the flip side of things, the steroid1 fanboys have definitely made this situation so much worse than it really is. 2nd Chance, made a good point yesterday that Riot needs to be firm on their stance on if hes going to be allowed back at some point. Otherwise they&#x27;re going to continue to get this sort of bullshit without end from Gorilla1&#x27;s fan base, which, to be honest, really isn&#x27;t helping his case at all. All its shown is that no matter how &quot;reformed&quot; he claims he is, he&#x27;s already created a hypocritical cult following of bad behavior that isn&#x27;t going away. This whole situation is a sad mess. > > TLDR: I believe that his termination isn&#x27;t completely unreasonable, hes a full grown adult and needs to be accountable for his actions, but I also understand that Kong1&#x27;s fanbase just creating so many more problems and needs to be dealt with. Objectively speaking, if you're an adult who knows what can happen to you in a real world job for something like this, Sanjuro's termination makes sense. The whole thing was blowing up and the internet took out their pitchforks. To save the company's reputation, Riot went ahead to fire him. Everything else surrounding this is white noise.
: Yeah It's so great that people can ruin someone's life just because of something they said and then probably say the exact same or even more toxic/crude things at him to harass him with much less to no punishment in return making his life all the more living hell _That's totally fair_
> [{quoted}](name=2nd Chance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uZPPE3ju,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-10-02T23:23:32.475+0000) > > Yeah > > It&#x27;s so great that people can ruin someone&#x27;s life just because of something they said > > and then probably say the exact same or even more toxic/crude things at him to harass him with much less to no punishment in return making his life all the more living hell > > _That&#x27;s totally fair_ but thats the way the world works. If you can't deal with it, then don't put yourself in that position in the first place. Hes an adult. There are consequences tied to his actions. Sure. the way the internet reacted is extreme. But, is his life really ruined? When a future employer pulls up his resume, are they going to see why he was fired from his previous job?
Rioter Comments
: In all seriousness, did C9 get paid off?
This is why NA is a joke. When $$$ becomes the focus of the teams over integrity and a strong desire to win, why even bother watching anymore? Its just scripted b.s.
Lugg (NA)
: TSM will never have a chance at winning Worlds because their entire philosophy is about winning NA every year. That's it. As long as their mindless fans keep supporting them, they see no reason to win Worlds.
Exactly. All Andy cares about is making sure TSM doesn't get relegated. He puts all his efforts into making sure his team is a top team of NA and uses that as a bargaining chip for sponsorships. As for worlds, he just makes up some bullsht PR on his twitter like "we're training for worlds at korea!" and "ah we're sorry fans, we did poorly this year". Of course, his mindless fans will accept those answers despite that its been the same friggin monologue for MANY seasons.
: Why are you so butthurt, listening to the comms of TSM it sounds like they were unconfident, sure, but maybe you fail to realize how important picks and bans are, as well as gameplay itself. In the TSM vs WE game, bjerg and bio got shit on by Jayce mid. The pick simply obliterated them because TSM opted for more mid/late scaling picks and couldn't deal with the early pressure. That doesn't mean they're shit, even if ppl say bench Sven, and no matter how much you prepare, there are so many champions that you should be proud of WE for performing so well, rather than hating on TSM for underperforming. Plus did anyone really expect NA or EU to beat SKT in worlds? There are culture differences and skill differences that factor into games, I really don't think TSM would've won worlds even if they made it out of groups because SKT is too consistent.
All I see are excuses. The EU teams had less resources than TSM yet they performed better. Like I said, theres always some "excuse" for TSM's awful performance. They're never prepared for worlds and really don't deserve to go.
: Everybody 'round here saying EU > NA, and I'm just chilling like: C9 > TSM
C9 deserves to be at worlds. TSM does not.
: Go for it C9! Europe is cheering for you!
C9 really is the only NA team that deserves to be at worlds. They were forced to go through the gauntlets (even this international one) and they came out on top. They earn their spot unlike some entitled NA 1st seed.
Show more

AwesomeChad

Level 49 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion