hotarse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=ELUpwER8,discussion-id=z8IE09yP,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2018-10-08T06:06:12.846+0000) > > There is no downvoting on Gameplay+, cause unlike the regular Gameplay boards this is meant for discussion about the game. Can't have any discussion if the opposing view is silenced just because they think differently. Well, the downvoting is my voice. Now if I think differently, my vote is being silenced. So your statement is contradictory.
You aren't supposed to downvote what you disagree with; that's why they needed to make this section have no downvotes. You are supposed to downvote low quality content; if someone makes a fantastic post supporting an actually unpopular opinion it does not deserve to be submerged by misused downvotes. If you want to argue with someone's well reasoned post, then you should make a well reasoned counter argument. Instead of detailing your counterpoints you want to just down vote and walk away (which is either an act of laziness or fear that your ideas won't hold up to actual scrutiny and discussion). Proper discussion requires interaction; board voting systems are not discourse. TL;DR: You haven't been silenced; use your words. Discussions require that people actually say something.
Terozu (NA)
: I like picture 2, ahris face and pose are totally something I'd draw, but the bust size is overly large as imo smaller chests are cuter. Also could you link me the final picture on Discird? Curious about how extreme it is. Terozu6826
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=L4yAEpYE,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-09-17T22:44:54.625+0000) > > I like picture 2, ahris face and pose are totally something I'd draw, but the bust size is overly large as imo smaller chests are cuter. > > Also could you link me the final picture on Discird? Curious about how extreme it is. > > Terozu6826 I really enjoyed #2 as well; it was the face that sells the image, not the bust. In fact, I first noticed her expression and eyes before I was like "Oh hey, there is a bit of fan service here." (which is very tasteful, imo).
: PAX/DZK - A timeline summary, and why it hasn't died down yet.
This is a very good summary and as objective as it can probably be. Well done.
Ada Wong (NA)
: Perhaps he shouldn't be fired, but Riot Games needs to do some serious explaining, just kiss ass and Apologize, and make the next event better without gender restrictions or two different events... One for women, and One for men covering the same topic. non-binary people can go to either one. Problem solved? Though I don't feel there is a point to doing it this way I think gender restrictions should just be removed entirely and allow people to enjoy pax. men enjoy ART, and Cosplay just as much as women or at least some do. **I mean we all make mistakes, perhaps this is one Riot made, but need to improve upon it and address the issue <3 perhaps a Riot post, and a sticky would help.** **Edit: On another note please also remember that PAX is just as guilty of allowing the discrimination against genders, PAX Staff, and Property Owner, so if you got complaints the best thing you can do is target PAX, send them emails and inquire about it in a respectful way.** Because I've never heard of anything like this at a Cosplay convention taking place before no one should be restricted from events after all people pay for entry.
> [{quoted}](name=Ada Wong,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEWbsAaM,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2018-09-04T06:59:01.500+0000) > > Perhaps he shouldn&#x27;t be fired, but Riot Games needs to do some serious explaining, just kiss ass and Apologize, and make the next event better without gender restrictions or two different events... > > One for women, and One for men covering the same topic. > > non-binary people can go to either one. > > Problem solved? > > Though I don&#x27;t feel there is a point to doing it this way I think gender restrictions should just be removed entirely and allow people to enjoy pax. > > men enjoy ART, and Cosplay just as much as women or at least some do. > > **I mean we all make mistakes, perhaps this is one Riot made, but need to improve upon it and address the issue &lt;3 perhaps a Riot post, and a sticky would help.** > > **Edit: On another note please also remember that PAX is just as guilty of allowing the discrimination against genders, PAX Staff, and Property Owner, so if you got complaints the best thing you can do is target PAX, send them emails and inquire about it in a respectful way.** > > Because I&#x27;ve never heard of anything like this at a Cosplay convention taking place before no one should be restricted from events after all people pay for entry. This is the "separate but equal" thing and eerily reminiscent of Jim Crow. The right answer is not to exclude anyone based on race or gender or orientation (unless that orientation is %%%%philia, then go fuck yourself; I'd use stronger language but I'd get banned). EDIT: The boards censored that word. I'll give you a hint, it starts with a 'P'.
GenoXx (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Colton147,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yAkxENuy,comment-id=0003000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T03:25:44.867+0000) > > Sorry to hear that you were a victim of bullying; however, it does not give you the right to bully other people - especially Riot. > > While a Rioter may or may not have said questionable things, it still doesn&#x27;t give people the right to bully him. Everyone has their opinions. Even you...as you so casually first posted on this thread...
> [{quoted}](name=GenoXx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yAkxENuy,comment-id=00030001000000000000000000000002,timestamp=2018-09-02T10:16:33.602+0000) > > Everyone has their opinions. Even you...as you so casually first posted on this thread... Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of them stink. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: >To patronize, the expectation of help in spite of one's capabilities, is understood. We patronize when affording certain rights, opportunities or forgivingness to people whom we expect cannot do better without - it's a form of charity wrapped in condescension. Is all i read... **You need a tldr because i ain't reading that wall of text.**
> [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sLET8FIh,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-02T12:45:10.993+0000) > > Is all i read... > > **You need a tldr because i ain&#x27;t reading that wall of text.** TL;DR: Riot should be striving for equality of opportunity (true equality) and not equality of outcome (progressive/feminist/sjw equality).
: Does she? Old Akali had more mobility IF SHE WERE DASHING STRAIGHT TO AN ENEMY. New Akali can use all of her dashes whenever she wants AND her shroud is a MUCH larger range giving her more free mobility. She may have less number of dashes (situationally) but they're ALWAYS available.
Her W used to provide a speed boost; which was then changed to a blink. Plus 3 resetting charges on her R with a relative short cooldown to get them back. New Akali does not have that kind of mobility.
: Victorious Skins Reworked
It might also be cool if you were allowed access to an older Victorious skin are a reward for being Honor 5 at the end of the season.
: > [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tdhKALIj,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-08-16T06:13:33.632+0000) > > Except splash LP will exist, which I&#x27;m assuming won&#x27;t leave gaps that wide in league difference. > > So it&#x27;s more like > > Scenario 1 > Diamond tries to que with silver friend but all roles are still at least plat If all roles are still plat, then what's the point of having different ranks for different queues? I thought the idea was to make it less devastating if you got a role you weren't good at. It won't change a thing if you still play with people that are from your (main) elo. Never played mid before? That's fine. You're playing against people that, in theory, have much less game knowledge than you do. If what you say is accurate, then you'll be playing against people of your skill level, with the only drawback being that your other rank you don't care about will take the LP loss and your main rank will stay unaffected. How is that any helpful? It'll just encourage people to stop trying, if anything. Keep in mind I didn't say the high elo player was Queuing as his main rank/lane/whatever ; rather as his off-role, one he is still quite good at but with no prior ranking. Not that the system would know. > Scenario 2(the funny one) > Diamond adc gets autofilled into silver elo as support > &quot;Trade me I&#x27;m diamond&quot; > &quot;Ha, no. Pick a tanky support, I&#x27;m going Vayne&quot; That'll happen, as it currently does. And people will also op.gg & see the 65% winrate D2 player playing another role and trade with him.
> [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tdhKALIj,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-08-16T06:47:57.532+0000) > > If all roles are still plat, then what&#x27;s the point of having different ranks for different queues? I thought the idea was to make it less devastating if you got a role you weren&#x27;t good at. It won&#x27;t change a thing if you still play with people that are from your (main) elo. Never played mid before? That&#x27;s fine. You&#x27;re playing against people that, in theory, have much less game knowledge than you do. If what you say is accurate, then you&#x27;ll be playing against people of your skill level, with the only drawback being that your other rank you don&#x27;t care about will take the LP loss and your main rank will stay unaffected. How is that any helpful? It&#x27;ll just encourage people to stop trying, if anything. Keep in mind I didn&#x27;t say the high elo player was Queuing as his main rank/lane/whatever ; rather as his off-role, one he is still quite good at but with no prior ranking. Not that the system would know. > > That&#x27;ll happen, as it currently does. And people will also op.gg &amp; see the 65% winrate D2 player playing another role and trade with him. This is a legitimate issue. I could also see this being easily abused for when a high ELO player feels like stomping some bronzies; why smurf when you can queue for an off-role, trade for your main role, and stomp the other team and improve your LP on your main account while you are at it. I would hope that the ranking of main to off-roles would not be as extreme as diamond-bronze in this system and that my above statement can't happen, but given I haven't read much on the 'splash LP' concept, I'm not sure either way.
RiotLamz (NA)
: Favorite/least favorite Running animation in League
Favorite: {{champion:40}} Particularly her Star Guardian skin; there something elegant about the way she floats around the battlefield. Least Favorite: {{champion:84}} No one should be doing cross-overs all over the place and {{champion:40}}'s Sacred Sword home guard animation (her back bend is unnatural).
Envonyx (NA)
: Favorite - High Noon {{champion:236}} 's run animation Least Favorite - {{champion:84}} walk animation, I wish when she got boots she had a normal run
I hate the new Akali walk animation where she is doing cross-overs for no reason.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ayame Isaki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVYRw0Yw,comment-id=000d0005000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-14T12:34:08.587+0000) > > Your sample size is far too small to be of statistical significance. If you are going to be snarky, at least be right. Actually no it isn't too small and doesn't really get better than this without emailing a survey to players, WHICH IS WHY I suggested changing Evelynn in next patch or even PBE test it and see reaction. But since ur original response (with-5 downvotes already) was so smart I'm not surprised. xD And further more here's some math for you... Necessary Sample Size = (Z-score)2 * StdDev*(1-StdDev) / (margin of error)2 Here is an example of how the math works assuming you chose a 95% confidence level, .5 standard deviation, and a margin of error (confidence interval) of +/- 5%. ((1.96)2 x .5(.5)) / (.05)2 (3.8416 x .25) / .0025 .9604 / .0025 384.16 385 correspondents needed. As of the time of this response, 13.8k people viewed this post. The ratio of people who thumbs up and comment is in line with all other post, in other words, the amount of thumbs up accurately reflects the approval rating of 13.8k people.
Note that I chose sample size based on vote participation (105 at the time of this post) which is less than 1/3 of what you need. Since you are choosing a third option to increase your sample size, your sample size requirements are met. However your final hand-waving assertion at the end is flawed (until you provide hard numbers/proof that not voting means agreement, which in most surveys isn't true). If we use the empirical evidence we have at hand... 13.8K views does not mean 13.8K approvals. You effectively have 3 options: 1) Agreement (Upvote; current count 96) 2) Disagreement (Downvote: current count 9) 3) Doesn't care (No feedback provided) either because they don't play Eve or don't care either way (or have an alternative approach; I fall into this category, for example). The problem you have right now, and why your assertion fails, is your sample isn't random (Boards users tend to be the vocal minority). However, your sample size is well over 385 correspondents (so you have a damned good sample size) so let's roll with it anyway. If we look at your breakdown, you have an approval/disapproval/other percentage of: 0.70% / 0.07% / 99.23% Thus, I stand by my assertion that you don't have overwhelming approval; you don't even have 1% of your sample side approving you. If we use my numbers (i.e., filtering out the did not respond), you have 91.43% approval rating, but too small a sample size. Either way, your assertion that you have overwhelming support is dubious at best.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ayame Isaki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVYRw0Yw,comment-id=000d00050000,timestamp=2018-08-14T02:29:46.955+0000) > > Maybe it&#x27;s because I use a Ducky with Cherry MX Blues, but I find the Q spam rather satisfying (those fast loud clicks while I watch my enemy&#x27;s health drop is nice). > > Your assertion: > > ... is preposterous. Your 77 upvotes at the time of my reply do not mean anything in the grand scheme of things. League has millions of players. I&#x27;m not opposed to having some sort of option in the settings for this (I would love a setting to bring back Taliyah&#x27;s old W), but if I have to choose your method or the current method, I&#x27;m going to choose the current method. Especially since I once mained old Eve (my M7 was earned on old Eve); mashing Q feels extremely natural. Oh, i guess in order to survey player opinion, you will have to survey every single player that plays league around the world, rather than random sampling. I see, smart logic makes sense. LOL xD
Your sample size is far too small to be of statistical significance. If you are going to be snarky, at least be right.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Novalas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVYRw0Yw,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-08-13T19:00:35.351+0000) > > Just popping in here as the playtester who worked on Evelynn. > > We didn't try this on Evelynn but we suspected that players would've liked the button mashy input and wanted to keep it. We did experiment with the press and hold input on other content and found that it was generally unsatisfying. Thanks for the response. While I agree that pushing the button is more satisfying in general, I think the case on Evenlynn is a SPECIAL case. On top of my mind right now, I don't think there is actually another champ that requires you to spam an ability AS OFTEN AS Eve's q, don't think anything comes close to it when compared. When you are jgling with her, all you are doing most of the time is using her q. That's what you are doing none stop and basically without a break. So as a result, over time it becomes annoying and exhausting on the finger, wears down the q key a lot, and becomes even more so if you play her often. So I believe Eve is a special case due to the EXTRA amount of spam required on her q. I like Evelynn a lot, but the ONLY REASON I'm NOT playing her much is literally because of how annoying it is to use her q all game. Can you guys be kind enough to give this a second look, maybe change her in the next patch and see how people react to the change? That would be much appreciated. The popularity of this post suggest overwhelming majority will like this change. Thanks, and stay awesome! :)
Maybe it's because I use a Ducky with Cherry MX Blues, but I find the Q spam rather satisfying (those fast loud clicks while I watch my enemy's health drop is nice). Your assertion: > The popularity of this post suggest overwhelming majority will like this change. ... is preposterous. Your 77 upvotes at the time of my reply do not mean anything in the grand scheme of things. League has millions of players. I'm not opposed to having some sort of option in the settings for this (I would love a setting to bring back Taliyah's old W), but if I have to choose your method or the current method, I'm going to choose the current method. Especially since I once mained old Eve (my M7 was earned on old Eve); mashing Q feels extremely natural.
: Makes me wonder what's going to happen to Grungy Nunu (the Sesame Street inspired skin)
They'll give it the Crimson Akali treatment.
La Bello (NA)
: Other recast abilities should receive the same tooltip clarity Akali R2 gets
Ifneth (NA)
: On another thread asking the same question, a Rioter confirmed that they will keep it.
> [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QpbO1jt3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-11T15:42:34.743+0000) > > On another thread asking the same question, a Rioter confirmed that they will keep it. They also said they would keep Evelynn's "It's hard to move like this in heels" and we all see where that ended up.
: You did. Match History is a buggy mess.
So much this. Every time I get an A or better, the grade doesn't show.
: Fiance lied and left me for another woman, I'm refusing to stay sad and planning a trip.
In follow up to my previous post; this is a link I squirreled away for when I get the opportunity to visit Japan: http://www.nagomivisit.com
: Fiance lied and left me for another woman, I'm refusing to stay sad and planning a trip.
I have two friends who have been to Japan that I could ask for advice; one is fluent in Japanese (and is absolutely not Japanese) so I could ask him for pointers on learning the language or good places to go. You can post some questions in response to this post or add me in game and I'll ask them and give you the answers. Sorry to hear about your fiancé, but look at this way. Better now, before you are married, than after. Divorce is hell (I hope I never have to find out first hand how true that statement is). I applaud your positive outlook and I wish you nothing but the best.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Ok so few things: hE doesn't build reaver he doesn't build cdr at all he doesn't take inspiration
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KA5VuUxw,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-10T11:10:14.210+0000) > > Ok so few things: > hE doesn&#x27;t build reaver > he doesn&#x27;t build cdr at all > he doesn&#x27;t take inspiration A small correction; there is no longer a rune called Ultimate Hat. It is now called Ultimate Hunter and it is in the domination tree. The original Ultimate Hat was in Sorcery, not Inspiration. Now that we got that out of the way, carry on! {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
: Better idea for the boring All-Star Akali skin
I finally got a chance to play the new Akali last night and was running through her skins in bots games. I was extremely disappointed in All-Star, which was my favorite Akali skin pre-rework. Bringing back the name and number on her jersey would go a long way to improving the rework version. Have my upvote!
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Eb9cHwt,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:08:02.204+0000) > > This is true. But Shen&#x27;s recolors were based on two very popular ninjas in fighting games. Akali&#x27;s Stinger is clearly based on Scorpion, but the red recolor has to be based on Taki, because Taki from Soul Calibur was the highest profile red ninja around. Some people claim it&#x27;s Skarlet, but Skarlet was a glitch of Jade early on, and didn&#x27;t come into games until 2011, after Akali&#x27;s launch. It also seems really weird that Riot would have thought people would have bought or even gotten the Skarlet reference considering her relative invisibility. Taki makes 1000x more sense, because ever since her launch as being a red ninja in a skin tight costume with massive boobs, she&#x27;s been a fan favorite (because you know, reasons), and that&#x27;s a much more compelling reference to make. Shen's Yellow Jacket and Frozen skins were based off Scorpion and Sub Zero respectively. Akali's Crimson skin was tribute to Taki from Soul Calibur. Stinger wasn't really reference to anything, since Shen had already covered Scorpion and the skin was far too Yellow to properly be Scorpion.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Eb9cHwt,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T23:16:42.221+0000) > > Shen&#x27;s Yellow Jacket and Frozen skins were based off Scorpion and Sub Zero respectively. Akali&#x27;s Crimson skin was tribute to Taki from Soul Calibur. > > Stinger wasn&#x27;t really reference to anything, since Shen had already covered Scorpion and the skin was far too Yellow to properly be Scorpion. Stinger was actually a nod to Beatrice from Kill Bill.
: If anything they might just give her a red chroma. About all it was anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=My Waifu Vanilla,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ENUoEWnH,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-01T23:05:22.595+0000) > > If anything they might just give her a red chroma. About all it was anyway. It would have to be a red chroma on Stinger (the clothing on Crimson was closer to Stinger than to the base model).
: Oh sure, Zoe missed all of her skillshots, now I can go in and kill her! Oh wait, Zoe just randomly has an ignite that she literally picked up off the ground? Well, guess I literally cant fo near her for the next, what was it, 45 seconds? Or else she just wins because she just gets a billion things for free. Meanwhile during that time she can keep trying again and again for big poke and dont I dare try to do anything about it or I lose So what exactly is one supposed? Letting Zoe do whatever she wants is not fucking counterplay.
Profanity aside, this is a very good summary of the design issues with Zoe. As a huge fan Kalista, if Kalista is left in the dumpster because of "counterplay issues", then Zoe belongs in the bottom of that dumpster based on that benchmark. However, I don't think Kalista nor Zoe should be dumpstered; they should instead be fixed. Getting rid of Zoe's RNG free summoners would be a great step in the right direction. I would also like to see it so that unless she is ahead, an E-Q combo no longer one shots a squishy. The whole 'E' from the fog of war thing makes the power of this combo really unfair (as it lacks "counterplay").
Jansuo (EUNE)
: @Meddler: Let me show you what we mean by "The Damage Is Too High"
Don't worry! They are increasing the support items so supports can bring less potions to lane so that your opposing support has to back after 1-2 MF Q's instead of 2-3 or die! Wait...
: > [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aWBqIhFw,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-07-29T16:07:16.778+0000) > > I mean... you can just look at the green line that shows their movement. That green line is pretty unreliable and doesn't always actually show up lmao
> [{quoted}](name=SugeMinPikk,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aWBqIhFw,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-07-29T23:20:17.520+0000) > > That green line is pretty unreliable and doesn&#x27;t always actually show up lmao My favorite is when the green line terminates at the ping, but the origin is nowhere near any champion, and the line is dancing through the jungle like Siri trying to avoid traffic in NYC. Super useful!
W01fedin (NA)
: Did one person on your team have smite? At first I thought it might be because the system detects that the co op team has a Jungler. Not sure though
I've tested this and it happens even when you have a duo top lane, duo bot lane, and a midlaner (no smites anywhere).
ithi (NA)
: Score board out of order
I have experienced this, and it is always my own team. The opposing team is always ordered right (unless they traded).
: I don't play many AI games and am not sure of how it typically works but maybe it's just trying to balance the team? a year ago I remember something like this but seemed to make sense to me at the time
It does that when you have an AFK usually; it shouldn't do it when all 5 are connected.
Rioter Comments
: Your champion's passive is a car. What kind of car is it?
{{champion:40}} Her passive is made to go fast, but she's kind of an old champion. Let's go with a 1992 R32 GTR.
: They might do like Infiltrator Irelia, it was available for purchase when Irelia had been reworked...
True; that is definitely a possibility.
: If it was a copyright issue Riot would be sued if they had not removed it immediately I think the simple reason why they are changing it is in order to make people want to spend money on it
Crimson is legacy. I'm also mad about this change, but if Infernal is like Crimson, it won't be available for purchase.
: I have a hard time putting a discrepancy between my favorite, but I really enjoy Storm, Mystic, and Dark, which are all final forms, which I only get to experience for a very short period of time that is usually the final stage of a game. P.S. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/233073948-Elementalist-Lux-FAQ at this link, in the section titled "WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT ELEMENTALIST LUX?" It says that q,e, and r all give progress.
My favorites are ice and magma. She's so angry in magma mode and the recall is awesome.
: GA is the AD equivalent of Zhonya's. That's why they changed it.
Your assumptions are incorrect, {{item:3139}} and {{item:3156}} are considered the equivalents of {{item:3157}} (and both are arguably better since you can build both if you really need and the latter saves you passively without rooting you in place).
Vhan8765 (NA)
: To be honest, I don't care much for either God-King, they both kind of suck. I only went with Darius because I knew I would get free BE that way. Chances are, if I fell into the world of Runeterra, no matter what skin-line universe we're talking about here, I would probably always just go hang in the Freljord. Everything is always so chill there.
I see what you did there. Well played. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Tegash (NA)
: She looks so sad...
You would look sad too if you were forced to dress like a giant broccoli. {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
: idk id say morg is pretty strong right now
Morgana is only doing well because her Q can keep an assassin/slayer off of a target for 2 seconds; and in this high damage meta that's all you need to nuke said assassin/slayer. I admittedly may be biased (I'm a Janna/Morgy main), but I think Morgana's popularity and success is a symptom of balance issues and not necessarily a result of her power level. Additionally, her counters (such as Janna) have been nerfed pretty hard.
: I disagree. High skill should not be higher then average power when mastered. If a champion is too strong, it should be nerfed regardless of whether it's only too strong on her mains or not.
There needs to be an incentive to play mechanically intensive champs (read: high risk, high reward); otherwise everyone would just play Garen, Yi, and Annie and call it day if all champs were equal at the peak of their skill (i.e. when played by their mains).
: Depends. A high-skill champion who *also* has a high playrate should be sub-50. One that's got a lower playrate should consistently see about 52%. "Low-skill" champions should remain roughly a 50% winrate regardless of the number of games on them, the only variation being *slight*, as you get used to specific interactions and how to play each situation.
I was going to comment exactly this; if a high skill champion is only played by its mains, then I expect a relatively high WR.
GigglesO (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KING XXXI,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HWAzMz85,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-09T21:09:24.135+0000) > > it&#x27;s whoever shoots first. https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/018/822/2ab.jpg Whats that you say?
: Rip {{champion:43}} 0 shield 45% winrate
I thought she was simply deleted from the game. /s In all seriousness, I should have included Karma in the list and I'm sorry for that. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: To be fair (and I say this as a mastery 7 Janna), Janna is still a strong pick even after these nerfs. Lulu could use some help, tho.
I think Janna is still a strong pick for those who have experience with her; the nerfs raised her skill floor a bit as you need to get good at using your E at the last possible moment (as well as knowing when using it will result in a long duration AD buff for the target). The decaying shield really hurts against assassins (or anything that can 100-0) as it only has full strength for a fraction of a second. On the flip side, the ease of removal of her shield due to decay means it is slightly less valuable as a buff to your ADC's AD and as such, it feels slightly less bad to use on other teammates as an anti-burst mechanism. Also /highfive fellow M7 Janna!
: "Oh Darius is only winning because people want MUH EDGELORD! I'm so upset Garen won't win!"
I went with Riven last time, so I mixed it up with Darius this time. "Symmetry in all things." - Akali
: Agreed. At least people hesitate for bruisers or tanks or end up punished for supports and mages. ADCs got nothing to save them from inevitable dives.
{{champion:40}} {{champion:117}}: "We used to save ADCs from those inevitable dives, but that slowed the snowball meta, so our items and our shields got nerfed."
Antenora (EUW)
: Sona? You mean the champ who dies near instantly to everything?
I think the OP is correct here; Sona, Soraka, and Nami were only hit by the enchanter item nerfs. Karma, Lulu, and Janna received direct nerfs in addition to the item nerfs making the heals provided by the former three more valuable than the shields of the latter three. Additionally, shields are 'proactive' as they prevent damage and heals are 'reactive' as in you respond after damage is dealt to restore HP. In lane, the reactive model given how small the shield windows are now is far superior, even if Sona's healing is super weak. Hence, heal enchanters are perceived as better than shield enchanters.
ADC Bard (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ayame Isaki,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OIAZquPM,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T23:20:12.707+0000) > > Windows is not free, first of all, second, wasting precious SSD space for that bloated, shitware filled excuse for an OS is not something anyone should be forced to do. I have a really old Win7 desktop I play LoL on, but have been following the Wine issue for LoL as my next rig will only have Linux on it (it will probably dual boot Ubuntu 18.04LTS for my gaming and either Arch or Gentoo for my personal code projects). > > I applaud the OP's attempt at promoting visibility into this issue. "Precious SSD space" Windows is barely 5 GB. {{champion:432}}
> [{quoted}](name=ADC Bard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OIAZquPM,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-06T00:22:55.069+0000) > > "Precious SSD space" > > Windows is barely 5 GB. > > {{champion:432}} 20GB min install for Windows 10 (64 bit; no one should be on 32 bit at this point). Though continue to make up shit, that's cool I guess. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
ADC Bard (NA)
: You're not stuck anywhere, just dual boot windows and voila. Problem solved. {{champion:432}}
> [{quoted}](name=ADC Bard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OIAZquPM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-05T21:55:56.865+0000) > > You're not stuck anywhere, just dual boot windows and voila. Problem solved. > > {{champion:432}} Windows is not free, first of all, second, wasting precious SSD space for that bloated, shitware filled excuse for an OS is not something anyone should be forced to do. I have a really old Win7 desktop I play LoL on, but have been following the Wine issue for LoL as my next rig will only have Linux on it (it will probably dual boot Ubuntu 18.04LTS for my gaming and either Arch or Gentoo for my personal code projects). I applaud the OP's attempt at promoting visibility into this issue.
: Let us buy the Riven one too, I was super excited to get it when I saw it, only for Riven to lose and the icon go to waste. :/
I loved that Riven icon; I would absolutely buy it.
Show more

Ayame Isaki

Level 103 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion