Esdese (EUW)
: I am at one of the best engineering faculties in my country. Why should I be jealous? Of a company that has female workers being sexually harassed (directly or indirectly), and the first action they take is to lock doors to an entire gender until 2:30 PM? Then a Rioter starts flaming the entire community on twitter and only after so much trouble they decide to fire him? And then a certain commentator takes the same action? No thanks, I am not interested in getting a tour, much less being harassed. Sure, they have a great art team and they seem friendly and all that, but that little thing all alone is enough to make me detest this company you seem to defend so much. Besides, it has come to the point everyone agrees their client is an evolution in the opposite direction. And no, it has nothing to do with their AI, but it does serve to give an example of their mentality across other systems. Let me first point out that all you did was state their intentions. Which, unfortunately, have nothing to do with reality itself. For instance: "_[...] which for all intents and purposes works great and is very pretty to look at_". It works great ... how so? You see, if you have a computer adapted to the last generation games, oh boy, I guarantee you that this client will serve you well for the rest of you life (like for me). The problem comes when you don't have such a computer and you only have a mediocre-level one. At that point, you will start experiencing issues like: slow ass loading, black pages (which you need to reload), the loot system also showing up in black several times, the "ACCEPT" button failing over and over again, being kicked out of the champ select and losing LP because the client did not respond to your "LOCK IN" button, etc ... etc... Do you need more? Oh wait, it's all arbitrary shit that I am coming up with, and that only riot has access to, right? Finally, the ban system. Despite asserting the fact the client is as bad as it could be, I believe it serves enough proof of how the team generally behaves: They choose the easier option. If it apparently looks good enough, then you got a new system. That's their logic. They don't even give a shit about whether or not it is generic (can be easily adaptable to other environments - The proof of this is easy: Just look at the PBE servers where they had to re-implement the punishing system because it never existed until then) , and whether or not it serves the player well enough. I am gonna go ahead and throw the experience of a friend of mine (since you brought yours) that flames 24/7 in every game he goes. One thing is right though, he never flames his friends. But the way he flames ... that's gold right there. He literally flames the enemy team by restringing his sentences and never repeating others' insults. I can't really give a description here, but the truth is he never gets banned and he just keeps hard-flaming them, as far as telling them to _get c**cer_ but never getting a ban. (just indirectly quoting him). "Why?" you may ask. Simple, he just doesn't reach the keywords. The system is as lazy as the ones designing it (no offense) and doesn't even detect he is flaming them. The final outcome is: He doesn't get banned, but the ones who are being flamed by him are the ones being banned. Now ... let me ask you: Is this shit even fucking fair? Of course, not. Do you know what happens to correct this? Nothing. Because people like you and this support team defend this system so much to the point you (and they) will go search logs of 2-4 months ago just to prove a mistaken ban that was delivered because of the 2 games of yesterday. (By the way: The system logs the wrong games and that has not been fixed yet - Another lazy factor). Either way, this is my final response and I won't bother replying you in case you do. The reason is simple: I am just making stuff up (sarcasm for your words, in case it's hard to notice). @Bye though. And don't relate me to your friends please, much less spread stuff you don't even know about me.
Their client is REALLY weird. So from what i've seen, they use a mvc layout, with a local server running, which either can handle tasks locally or offloads it to rito. I don't really understand why they would do this type of architecture for an app like league, but it seems to be decent. But then you realize this is supposed to be a desktop application, and they built is exactly like a SPA(I hesitate to say literally, but I think it actually is designed as a SPA).. What I think the main issue is, they probably have no idea on why it gets so laggy at times. Do they not have unit tests for their api calls? Like they literally built it as a chromium app. It's like they hired a bunch of web devs to make a client.
: > [{quoted}](name=B is 4 Bussy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KYUeQk5E,comment-id=00020000000000000005,timestamp=2019-05-19T09:01:49.301+0000) > > As an engineer. This is really false. There's no way for it to work any other way. The system is corrupted, but they don't want to admit it. > [{quoted}](name=TinyBeast,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KYUeQk5E,comment-id=0049,timestamp=2019-05-19T14:11:18.019+0000) > > Just turn off the chat, it helps OP shouldn't though or else what's the point of communication through emotions? Competitive games can get like that so that's another way we can understand one another even though toxicity. We're not kids nor should it be for kids. We're adults though we do have juvenile tendecies the system here treats us as if we're children keeping us in check. They should focus more on racial slurs and real threats than what OP given. It's a disgrace on Riot Games's end for them implementing a ban on this level. Overall false reporting should always be investigated manually because a machine too can make mistakes and we've seen that happen in reality.
I don't think banning anyone helps. And I also think it creates a very negative environment. And I know it's a very controversial issue, not just in Riot, but in tech in general. I miss the days where people would treat you like a troll or whatever, rather than wishing ill or trying to get someone banned. I really don't think its good mentally or for the community to go "I HOPE THIS PERSON GETS REMOVED FROM THE GAME AND LOSE THEIR ACCOUNT/PROGGRESS BECAUSE THEY HAD A BAD GAME OR TOLD ME I WAS BAD". It makes it very toxic. I like Dota's system where you only get a certain amount of reports. I feel like if we swapped to that, it would relieve most of the toxicity, as right now you can be perfect or the model player and get reported for no reason constantly. Where as the people who do that, would run out of reports and have to adjust what their idea of toxic/inting is.
rujitra (NA)
: Except there is. Just as the number 6 isn't the same as 1+1+1+1+1+1 even though they mean the same thing. If you're truly an engineer, you should have research skills. I encourage you to research machine learning. If you want to make it super easy, carykh on YouTube would be a good place to start.
First of all, your example is blatantly false in a mathematical sense. But I understand what you are saying. Secondly, I wouldn't be learning "machine learning" from youtube. You are far better off picking up a book or reading papers/conference lectures on recent matters. Lastly, let me ask you a question. If you have the binary 101, does that mean 5? No, it depends on how you interpret the blob. Ultimately everything you deal with can be thought of some blob you are casting a type to(void*). Knowing this, the comment you replied to is > And how would the system comprehend what is toxic and what is not without keywords.. and you stated that it does not use "keywords". How does it weight things without a string? There is no way for it to read the data, without reading the string and seeing what words it contains.
rujitra (NA)
: The system does not do keywords, it looks at the chat as a whole.
As an engineer. This is really false. There's no way for it to work any other way.
Jamaree (NA)
: If you can definitely proof without a shadow of a doubt that it was Riot and ONLY Riot, then technically yes.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yJQkwOuR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-09T06:00:17.263+0000) > > If you can definitely proof without a shadow of a doubt that it was Riot and ONLY Riot, then technically yes. Only requires it to be a substantial contributing factor. Multiple cases are out there cementing this guideline for harm.
Sheepy (NA)
: Gnar Figure Missing Authenticity Card!
Wow, another case of Riot messing up merch? I can't believe in 2018 a company of this size is requiring people to pay for return shipping when they arn't sending a product marked as advertised. After seeing the Rakan and Xayah misprints and now even the figures having manufacturing issues like this, I don't think i'm going to buy any more myself. And I still can't get my head around the fact that they are forcing you to PAY for return shipping because THEY made a mistake. Absolutely disrespectful. And the fact that they would even offer to send you a digital code. I'm not sure if those support agents have never collected collectables, but having that card showing authenticity is a huge part of the value of the figures if you ever decide to resale. I really hope they fix this, because this is disrespectful to the core playerbase and I can't believe another post like this is on GD.
: > [{quoted}](name=ßlended Fetus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5WJ6rvGn,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-14T22:07:40.594+0000) > > ? I did it 2nd try Looks at match history 4th try.... jinx did all the damage.... congratz on the clear, but try again kiddo
We did 2 augments on second attempt. The biggest thing is knowing the fight and clearing adds.

B is 4 Bussy

Level 130 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion