: Can we at least wait for the Akali rework to go live before we start bashing?
No one has even mentioned the Bullshit that is {{champion:240}}
Zetto (NA)
: > Only her E does almost no damage I stopped reading after this
Okay but compare her kit to other assassins, Lets use two with stealth, Akali and shaco, Akali has WAY more kill potential then eve and she doesn't even NEED her stealth and her damage is 3x eves currently. Shaco Will half health a target with One shac in the box or one shiv. Eve does Nowhere near that damage like at all, Maybe on her Ult but put in line with the rest of her kit, shes NOT going to kill a target with her W E Q combo. Shes not sufficient alone, Shes too reliant on other laners, and has no 1v1 threat like whatsoever. Akali or shaco can solo lane and 1v3, Eve cant 1v1, she just cant lol.
: Like I said in my post, they want her to use her stealth to do things. That's the reason her charm has the range it does and the reason it doesn't break her stealth. The issue is, her stealth simply isn't good enough to be relied on right now, it doesn't give any passive damage or mobility or anything an assassin would need to kill their target (coupled with the fact that her charm just takes too long to fully proc right now), and the detection radius is pretty large. I don't think her damage numbers are *that* far off, but I could see at least giving her Q some more damage
If i was riot, I'd reduce the range on her W and make it half as much as it is now seeing as how you HAVE to hit your target in order to proc it. Her rotation is supposed to be, W for the charm wait 2, Then Q with your first spike so that they close to you from the charm, initiate the 1v1 with E ( as they should be in range with charm) Then just Q spam til -75% hp and ult them to escape before a support or counter jungle shows up. The problem is, This takes WAY too much time to do. Using your W by itself is going to cause bait tactics from your potential target, either to a tower or the rest of the team. The chances of you catching anyone out on the rift are Really unlikely, Especially in high elo where basically after first tower falls, Everyone starts grouping. Your best bet during a team fight if you are solo Q is to hope you have someone with tank initiation to pick a fight then get on the back line and cleanup the adc/support/mid laner. Eve wont kill a tank 1v1 straight up. Her stealth would be better if it was available at start and not be forced to wait til level one and yeah, A reduced reticle for the stealth would make things better, But that wont help with the very very low melee range on her E, for what its supposed to be it is really laughable at how close you have to be for it. It is SUPPOSED to be her dive initiation, but in order for it to even work you are already beyond initiation range for it to be effective which is where the first problem with her kit is. She just has No dive potential into a fight, Once she is in the fight she just doesnt have the damage to get picks. Shes VERY very team reliant and for someone that plays solo Q very often, I just dont see how shes gonna be viable. Playing her in like 3-5 games, I went 0-5 to 0-15 I tried a few different builds and i tried all the suggested tactics, She just doesnt do enough damage on her own.
Ar Arr Arrr (EUNE)
: Who would you say are the most reliable champions throughout the League of Legends history?
{{champion:103}} Hands down, Shes never really been nerfed Or slammed down so hard that she isnt viable like some other champs in the past, in fact, In mostly every season you NEVER see an Ahri tweak or change, and even when she does get a change they make minor tuneups that dont really change her burst. Shes always had the same kit and shes always been a very viable champion, the only reason shes been kind of lost in the meta is because of the hype for new champions and reworks, and through all of it, ahri has always been and still is a very good mid lane pick vs almost any champ.
: New Eve is pretty bad
That and yah know, She has like No damage. In order for her to actually be able to kill someone you NEED FULL ap/lethality runes and masteries to compliment them, then you are forced to Build straight ap, If you build any utility item on her, She wont get kills, EVER, unless you ks your laners. The only game I have played where she shined Super well, Was in mid lane, and even then the player had basically straight ap and full lethality, (not to mention that the person she was laning against just stood in minion waves and let her get kills.) Playing her in jungle just isn't viable because she has 0 wave clear for camps if you farm, you will fall severely behind which forces her in this awkward "I need to Gank" situation. Her ganking pre 6 is just, Not reliable at all. In the off chance you catch out an enemy and Your laner is there to help, eve SHOULDNT be getting the kills because a junglers Job is to feed their lanes which really defeats the purpose of her even having a sub par execution ultimate which in english actually means a high ap scaling escape tool that does rediculous damage. I agree that her more Modern kit was needed, but with the scaling and builds needed to really balance her is still just so much, No assassin should be This heavily reliant on runes/masteries/building. All you should need to do is build sustain then compliment it with damage items for survivability in 1v1's and she NEEDS those sustain items because she is an Ap assassin. Yet if you build anything other than damage, You will be useless for the majority of the game. Her early game is so weak that any enemy jungler can catch her out, and just dive her in jungle 2-3 times then sit back and watch the victory logo come across the screen because you will be utterly useless. These are all compounded with the problems people are posting about her kit, An exceedingly high range on her w which i fail to understand why, If i had to choose between a high range on hit charm, Or a medium range engage tool, I'll take the medium range engage tool on her e, But the range on it is so small that its not even worth using in most fights. You are better off proccing a charm, Qing it, Then just let your team kill the target, because if you engage you will die. Of the times ive played her shes Legit just cannon fodder, cant build anything for mana or health, low range engage, and a kit that basically fully tells the enemy where you are before you can even engage. I get that she needs counterplay but She has WAY too much counter play. To make matters worse, You better hope and pray no one has grievous wounds or any form of burn damage from things like llandries torment, because if they do, You may as well afk in fountain the whole game because you will have 0 escapability late game due to not being able to reinitiate your passive until the burn subsides.
: Just like old eve, the goal is to flank, hit a back line, and then get out. Even if you're not 1v1ing you still do a ton of damage to weaken them for the team. Old eve, any assassin, shares this issue.
At which point t he rest of the team pokes you and builds burn items to prevent you from stealthing then kills you before you can go anywhere.
: Use E on someone to pull yourself in. Then Q a bunch and ult out. Done, that is your burst.
Only her E does almost no damage and by the time you get CLOSE enough to use it they already know you are there and have countered your positioning. She doesnt have enough damage to be effective at all on her own, She has ZERO 1v1 playability with an ult that basically is used more for an escape then a finisher because most of the time It doesnt finish off the enemy champ. If she gets counter jungled or caught out on her pathing shes useless, He clear is probably the worst clear ive seen especiall eg and by the time you are able to clear camps and Become effective, everyone is already 3 levels ahead. She is Gank reliant yet has VERY BAD ganking until 6 by which point you are useless anyways because everyone else is already at least 2-3 levels ahead of you. The only reason people ban her is because she either HAS to ks kills in order to snowball, Or she ends up So behind that Her team has to carry her. Not to mention, Every pro streamer/player that says shes super op are those that are using the new rune/mastery system on the Pbe which she was basically tailored around when she was reworked. I'm sure that in a month when that system comes out live she will be op as fuck and everyone will be whining about how she needs a nerf, But from My experience in playing her and against her, Shes nothing but cannon fodder.
: Road to Pre-Season: Gameplay Systems Update
Updating Masteries? Great, because we need better keystones, good change there. Adding plants, removing smite buffs, changing jungle camps...for the reason that people can't identify with them? Er what? First off, I saw the videos that sort of showcase the plants and simply put, we don't need to trade skill potential with smite for Rng based plants. There is no way to master jungling when you have randomly generated variant plants randomly spawning spur of the moment, that isn't going to improve mastery in the jungle, it is just going to give junglers happenstance and luck rather than smite decision making. Support itemization, I agree with this change simply because you have 3 starting options as a support, {{item:3302}} for tanks, {{item:3301}} for passive supports, {{item:3303}} for poke heavy supports. What or how you build beyond that is purely comp situational both for your team and the enemy team. Supports don't seem to have a go to item like every other role which i like and don't like at the same time. Assassins have {{item:3147}}, all ap champions have {{item:3089}}, Ad carries have {{item:3031}}, and tanks have {{item:3083}} Every build currently seems to build around these items and of course, what and how each build changes is purely comp dependent. Supports just kind of fall into one or a mesh of these items dependent on who you choose to play as a support and of course who you are fighting. Moreover, I am entirely in agreement with blackjesusV below, you can get to high elo with literally any champion, provided you are skilled enough on that champion, however once you get to high elo, The champion pool is lacking. Though the journey to high elo does face the same problem, If you encounter certain meta champions, like Kennen just from my experience, the game is an instant loss, regardless of how you build, or how your team tries to adapt to the situation. Kennens' ult alone will decimate an entire team fight even if the kennen goes 1/4 by the mid to late game, which should never ever happen. Every champion has counter play, and when one champion rises into the meta, the counters to that champion also become meta, however, a game should never be instant win in champion select, and in this more modern time, games are feeling more and more like certain champions or match-ups win games and certain champions and match-ups do not. It is my opinion that reworks and balance changes may help repair the issue in the long run of things, but there is another solution, Increase the ban limit to four or five champions rather than the traditional three. League has 133 champions, divided by five roles, comes out to about 25 champions per position. Unless you are a 1 trick champion player banning 8-10 champions out of a game as opposed to 6, shouldn't have a severe effect on champion pools, even if every ban is a top lane ban etc. This also encourages players to invest in more than just one champion, increases the strategy of champion select, and would give every player on a team a chance to ban a counter rather than random assignment. I personally think there are areas of league that are in a good state and there are areas of league that need serious help. I know riot is doing what they can to fix the issues they see, but again, the jungle in my opinion is not one of those bad states of the game.
LankPants (OCE)
: http://champion.gg/champion/Ashe So, you were wrong. Does that look like the effects of a power neutral change to you? You may now remove your mouth from Riots dick, they don't need it sucked anymore. You took one of the most fun and interesting ADCs in the game who was well balanced and crippled her. And you wonder why people get pissed off at the balance team. It's because shit like this happens all the time. I saw it happen to Sejuani and you denied she was too weak for 6 fucking months while she was borderline unplayable.
> [{quoted}](name=LankPants,realm=OCE,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=glBV9vYL,comment-id=000a000000010000000200000000,timestamp=2016-10-10T05:59:13.261+0000) > > http://champion.gg/champion/Ashe > > So, you were wrong. Does that look like the effects of a power neutral change to you? You may now remove your mouth from Riots dick, they don't need it sucked anymore. > > You took one of the most fun and interesting ADCs in the game who was well balanced and crippled her. And you wonder why people get pissed off at the balance team. It's because shit like this happens all the time. I saw it happen to Sejuani and you denied she was too weak for 6 fucking months while she was borderline unplayable. Firstly, please read my post below, Part of the big reason people are mad right now is because they want Ashe To be the lane dominant Adc hyper-carry like other Adc's and try to play her that way, It just isn't going to happen, Ashe is not designed to do that and wasn't intended to do such. As i said in my post below; In team fights, Ashe has a unique position over most other ADC's, her job isn't to walk into a team fight and just melt everyone like Lucian or Caitlyn, her job is to neutralize a single threat with her ult then apply as much utility as she can to prevent the rest of the enemy team from running or out positioning your team in said fight with her slows, so the change makes a lot of sense, especially if you build attack speed on her, if you deal 100 AD per auto and you have 30-40% attack speed which you will get from your first two items, plus you are firing 4 shots Per basic attack, you are looking at roughly 200 damage per auto with your q and with a 40% slow on top of it (factoring in level) as well as 50% crit chance, you can probably get in at minimum 3 to 5 of those. That is 600 to 1000 raw damage plus crits and to most ADC's that is a significant chunk of their health at that level if not a kill unless the enemy ADC has some shield or armor runes, and that is with 2 items, Infinity edge, and Runaan The patch change isn't the problem, it is the playstyle.
LankPants (OCE)
: Whether or not they were intended as nerfs they are nerfs. Losing ~7% of your total DPS is not worth a small boost to slowing power. The difference between a 50 and 60% slow is negligible. The difference between 35 and 25% extra damage is huge. What you have done this patch is gutted a balanced champion. There's no reason to play Ashe anymore. She just doesn't do enough damage to fill her role. The disgusting thing is while you were gutting Ashe for no reason you ignored all of the actually overpowered ADCs. Jhin got no changes, Lucian got nothing, Ez is completely unchanged, Jinx got a token nerf.
I just want to point out that riot has about 200 champions in the game, each of them has 4 abilities, 5 if you count passive, half of them haven't had modernized reworks yet, a lot of issues with the dynamic Que system, plus the constant responsibility to keep adding new content to keep everyone interested in the game, and i haven't even mentioned splash art or server maintenance. I think riot is doing one hell of a job seeing as how most other online games have lasted not even a year before they spiral out of circulation. Dawngate and infinite crisis to name a few. That being said, No one champion in league should be more overpowered than another and honestly, when you have a champion like Ashe whom basically has a permanent slow and a very long stun on her ult unless she literally builds no items and you can't land your skill shot ultimate, chances are she will out trade in a 1v1 with little to no chance of escape. Even though she is an ADC her utility is prominently high, and you have to expect trades to compensate for that. You cannot have a champion that has High damage, a 2-second stun, and now a 60% slow, otherwise, having a slow would be pointless because, by the time you get the slow effects, the target would just be dead, and that really ruins the point of a frost arrow archer, especially when you have other members of your team that will chain stun and initiate off your arrow and your slows. In team fights, Ashe has a unique position over most other ADC's, her job isn't to walk into a team fight and just melt everyone like Lucian or Caitlyn, her job is to neutralize a single threat with her ult then apply as much utility as she can to prevent the rest of the enemy team from running or out positioning your team in said fight with her slows, so the change makes a lot of sense, especially if you build attack speed on her, if you deal 100 AD per auto and you have 30-40% attack speed which you will get from your first two items, plus you are firing 4 shots Per basic attack, you are looking at roughly 200 damage per auto with your q and with a 40% slow on top of it (factoring in level) as well as 50% crit chance, you can probably get in at minimum 3 to 5 of those. That is 600 to 1000 raw damage plus crits and to most ADC's that is a significant chunk of their health at that level if not a kill unless the enemy ADC has some shield or armor runes, and that is with 2 items, Infinity edge, and Runaan. So I mean, Ashe can still deal significant damage, she can Still out trade other ADC's if she is played properly, and she is literally one of, if not the only, ADC that offers as much utility to a team as she does. Ezreal is great in lane, he out pokes and out ranges most other ADC's and his iceborn gauntlet is a pain to lane against as an ADC, but no utility. Jhin literally just has a higher effective range with his ult and yes a smaller stun then an Ashe arrow, but that is really it for utility and even then he can't stun without a prior hit to his target. Lucian, No utility at all, he can dash, he can shoot things, but no utility. Jinx has some minor utility with her avoidable chompers, but someone has to step on the chompers, it isn't even a skill shot, her w is a skill shot, and it is delayed and really easy to avoid since it gives a laser trail before it fires. You say Lucian hasn't gotten a nerf, a few patches ago the range on his ult was nerfed very significantly, He has to cast it in close to threat range now, and is much more risky to use. Not to mention, just looking at his scaling, He has a very average base scaling compared to other ADC's He doesn't have a great early game but it isn't bad either, same mid game, same late game. People play him not because he is op or better than other champions, He just doesn't really fall off at any point in the game. Ashe even with her nerfs, still Has overall higher scaling than Lucian does late game. The only Adc's that seem to have similar scaling or higher scaling late is Corki, Ezreal, and Tristana, she falls kind of even with Jinx and Kalista. Out of those Adc's mentioned, Ashe outranges all but 2 of them, Ezreal and Tristana, Jinx if in Rocket stance. That is the thing I like most about league of legends, Most of the time, champions and what "tier" or meta they fit into doesn't matter until you get into high platinum or challenger and even in those instances, Meta champions don't make a significant difference. There are "high elo" players for every champion in the game and you can get into high Elo if you are good enough at Any champion. Most matchups are skill based matchups, and even if you get countered in a lane you can still perform well and win the game. there is no real need to blast riot for doing their jobs, especially over a really insignificant change. If you like and are good with Ashe play her, just be a little flexible and change your approach to team fights given the changes.
Rioter Comments
: Chromas, Yorick and Champ Mastery in Ask Riot
_"This is the point in production where it is very possible for a champion to get iceboxed if we can’t come up with something solid."_ I am super excited to see a much needed updated {{champion:83}} But there is a chance of his rework being scrapped D= but why? I'm sure riot can come up with something, they can't just scrap {{champion:83}} He is the biggest pun in league of legends, I hope that is being considered in his rework as well D=
: Again, my point is that "Vocal Community" is not the same as the whole playerbase. People who have no problems with DQ don't go on every reddit post about it saying how they have no problems with it.
you are indefinatly correct, people who work in customer service can even tell you that customers or people in general are more ALOT more vocal when they are UPSET about something or want to complain, the majority of lol p;ayers LIKE dq In business education and through retail on the job training even in food service, Associates and any good management staff is taught that basically, If you fuck up a meal or a product, The majority of consumers Do NOT vocalize that they are upset about it, they just don't go back to that retailer/restaurant, then through word of mouth, belittle and recommend people stay away from that location in the future. This is how a business dies, because their mistakes are NOT vocalized. So Dynamic que Vs. Solo que. I agree with riot on their decision that League is a Team game, If you are a part of a team, you are more likely to win games that is just the way it is at all levels of play regardless there is no arguing this point. Which is why it makes sense for riot to change the way we que in ranked. I'm not saying dynamic que is awesome because it is obviously very far from, but it solves the majority of the problems that solo que did have as explained in the video. Being that it is a NEW system these kinds of issues are going to come up, Where riot made their mistake was the communication failures over and over again Now that they have corrected those communication issues, as scarra said, it is now going to put riot in a position to put up or shut up. Fix the issues talked about or expose yourselves to even more damage to the community. If you can correct matchmaking, tighten it up, and give solo que players a fighting chance, there shouldn't be a problem. At that stage we now have a system that not only allows fast que times, prioritizes roles, and now also prioritizes reducing a solo que skill cap vs 5 man trollolols. honestly no one at that point should have anything to complain about.
: It’s your turn to Ask Riot
I have a question. When are we Getting a {{champion:83}} Rework? I mean, You did the mages update in patch 6.6, The major changes, (cass/zyra/vlad/malz/brand etc..) are all champions that came into the game around the time of or after {{champion:83}} Not to mention Taric and his major changes. {{champion:83}} is probably one of the oldest champions in the game, and still hasn't gotten any changes as outdated as he is. This is a rework people have been waiting on for years, and we still haven't seen it. I asked the playtesters on the stream the other day and they said it was "On their long term list" How much longer do we have to wait?
: Champion Reveal: Jhin, the Virtuoso
Soooo basically {{champion:104}} passive and basic functionality with a multi shot {{champion:51}} themed Kit. He seems kinda cool in the videos but, at the same time, his playstyle just kind of looks like rehashed versions of older champs only with minor tweaks and differences. Maybe its just the way the videos are but he just for some reason reminds me of an upgraded caitlyn with graves passive.

B45590M

Level 146 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion