JinAsias (NA)
: oh ok so 8 champs can deal with him... but I guess 8/150+ is balance now right?
> [{quoted}](name=JinAsias,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=AnNvW60v,comment-id=000d00000008,timestamp=2016-05-04T04:00:01.018+0000) > > oh ok so 8 champs can deal with him... but I guess 8/150+ is balance now right? I mean you want more than 8 counters? That's not balance, that's getting nerfed into the ground. Not saying that Zed isn't crazy strong, but it's over the top drama to say that nobody can lane vs him.
: Don't forget Lissandra-mama
> [{quoted}](name=Ichirakui,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=AnNvW60v,comment-id=000d00000002,timestamp=2016-05-03T18:52:02.561+0000) > > Don't forget Lissandra-mama Tru
Horus (NA)
: your sarcasm is NOT appreciated.
> [{quoted}](name=Faraoh,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=AnNvW60v,comment-id=000d00000000,timestamp=2016-05-03T18:38:18.801+0000) > > your sarcasm is NOT appreciated. Rekt
: ***
Champs that can lane vs Zed? You mean like Yasuo, Ekko, Talon, Lulu, Syndra, Leblanc, Ahri and Annie? Yeah, good thing they suddenly don't exist.
: I still think it should go back to global gold (honestly the global gold never felt "weak" to me) because it at least allowed teams to come back at full build. With buffs, especially ridiculously strong ones like these, if one team monopolizes dragons they have a _huge_ advantage late game, even if all they did was sneak dragons while the other team was busy taking towers, to the point that nothing else can really match up to those dragons. Though I suppose this isn't _as_ big an issue since Riot decided to make games never last longer than 30 minutes... Which I don't like either. Edit: Just saw the elder dragon buff. They are just flat out killing turtling as a strategy. The elder dragon buff is a 100% guaranteed win as long as your team doesn't die taking it down or let it get stolen. If you lose two inhibs while elder dragon is up you might as well surrender.
> [{quoted}](name=LiveYiOrDieHard,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kjKRU2mk,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-04-26T06:55:05.679+0000) > > I still think it should go back to global gold (honestly the global gold never felt "weak" to me) because it at least allowed teams to come back at full build. With buffs, especially ridiculously strong ones like these, if one team monopolizes dragons they have a _huge_ advantage late game, even if all they did was sneak dragons while the other team was busy taking towers, to the point that nothing else can really match up to those dragons. > > Though I suppose this isn't _as_ big an issue since Riot decided to make games never last longer than 30 minutes... Which I don't like either. > > Edit: Just saw the elder dragon buff. > They are just flat out killing turtling as a strategy. The elder dragon buff is a 100% guaranteed win as long as your team doesn't die taking it down or let it get stolen. If you lose two inhibs while elder dragon is up you might as well surrender. I'm pretty sure this is all intended. I think they want to force people to acknowledge dragon plays. If you take turrets while the enemy takes dragons, you are making a tradeoff, and maybe not a smart one. I also think that it's their intention to kill turtling as a strat, and maybe that's a good thing. The current Baron and current dragon is in place as means of ending the game, but turtling is still a viable approach that can essentially stall out and negate the many early and mid game plays the led to a potent lead. I think they want to set up win conditions that allow teams with an advantage to close out the game, or give teams who are behind a means of coming back that doesn't involve low interaction play like sitting on turrets and waveclearing. I'm pretty ok with it.
: Mac FPS/Audio Issues
Is there a reason this wasn't documented on the 6.8 patch notes? A lot of folks are on the edge of their seats looking for news on this issue and it's disappointing that we have to look so hard for communication on such a frustrating game issue.
: I can understand Fiora and maybe Riven being there, but why was Yasuo present?
> [{quoted}](name=charcharmunro,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=4MyMh2jn,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-03-22T14:44:17.890+0000) > > I can understand Fiora and maybe Riven being there, but why was Yasuo present? It's just death, nothing serious.
Senafir (EUNE)
: I really dont want to be rough but do you realise that if you wont nerf ad assasins they will become insanely overpowered? Also > This means, in turn, we get a lot of snowball champions. This isn’t inherently bad for the game, but not something we should be forced to do for all champions of a given class. so we will still have a lot of snowball champions but with this item they will snowball even harder? I dont want to sound mean but this just looks plain stupid, i just cant understand why would you think that giving ad assasins so much power would be a good idea. Some ad assasins have really low counterplay especially if they are fed for instance rengar or talon, so you have the ad assasin that is impossible to balance without reworking his whole skillset (rengar) and yet you decide to introduce new item for ad assasins that has really good build path i just dont get it...
> [{quoted}](name=Senafir,realm=EUNE,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=pt97eEjE,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2016-02-02T21:36:19.578+0000) > > I really dont want to be rough but do you realise that if you wont nerf ad assasins they will become insanely overpowered? Also > > so we will still have a lot of snowball champions but with this item they will snowball even harder? I dont want to sound mean but this just looks plain stupid, i just cant understand why would you think that giving ad assasins so much power would be a good idea. Some ad assasins have really low counterplay especially if they are fed for instance rengar or talon, so you have the ad assasin that is impossible to balance without reworking his whole skillset (rengar) and yet you decide to introduce new item for ad assasins that has really good build path i just dont get it... He literally just explained why up there. Read the post. He literally... JUST explained it. If assassins have good itemization choices, they don't need as much power in their kit. If assassins can be balanced around items that actually work for them, they can tone down their kit....
: I don't think the point of Assassins are to one-shot the Tanks though.
> [{quoted}](name=A Miss Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=pt97eEjE,comment-id=00030000000200000000,timestamp=2016-02-02T22:02:04.847+0000) > > I don't think the point of Assassins are to one-shot the Tanks though. Still worth 300 gold. If you can kill the tank, why not kill the tank?
: rengar take 1 sec to kill his target so no
> [{quoted}](name=GrReaper96,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=pt97eEjE,comment-id=000300000002,timestamp=2016-02-02T21:59:29.983+0000) > > rengar take 1 sec to kill his target so no If his target is Sona, yes. If his target is Darius? Maybe not. I think he can take on juggernauts and bruisers with duskblade.
Nutty (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BM Goyu,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=pt97eEjE,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2016-02-02T21:39:10.105+0000) > > I bought it on him on the PBE. It was really strong because of the nature of his combo. You walk up, QW auto (procs nightfall) E ifthey dash away and q again, Nightfall pops if they got away and they take a crap ton of damage from it because they lost a lot of HP before the proc was activated. Either that or they get bursted outright. > > Same thing for Rengar. I don't know why you would feel like 75 AD and a nice MS boost would be bad for Kha'Zix, but it felt pretty solid, and giving the void bug back some %hp damage is hardly a bad thing. There are so many reasons why this item won't be built on him. 1. the stats aren't that amazing for Kha ghostblade is way better. 2. the active is useless on Kha because in his combo (w-e-tiamat-smite / q same time-land-auto) They will be dead. And if they aren't then when you auto you have to sit there waiting for 2 SECONDS to get the reset (which is crazy long if you want to get in and out) you'll be dead by then. Kha'zix only autos either at the start of his combo or the end and both situations this item is bad for it. beginning of combo it does no damage while at the end of combo it doesn't proc fast enough. 3. This item is way too expensive the only time Kha auto attacks frequently is early game and he isn't going to get warrior and this item that quickly it's too expensive. There's not one situation that this item will be built on Kha unless you're 10/0 and the game is already over. I've tested it on PBE also and with my knowledge on the champ it wasn't good at all. I tested it over and over again. Different builds different situations. Was garbage.
> [{quoted}](name=Nutty,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=pt97eEjE,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2016-02-02T21:42:17.781+0000) > > There are so many reasons why this item won't be built on him. 1. the stats aren't that amazing for Kha ghostblade is way better. 2. the active is useless on Kha because in his combo (w-e-tiamat-smite / q same time-land-auto) They will be dead. And if they aren't then when you auto you have to sit there waiting for 2 SECONDS to get the reset (which is crazy long if you want to get in and out) you'll be dead by then. Kha'zix only autos either at the start of his combo or the end and both situations this item is bad for it. beginning of combo it does no damage end it doesn't proc fast enough. 3. This item is way too expensive the only time Kha auto attacks frequently is early game and he isn't going to get warrior and this item that quickly it's too expensive. There's not one situation that this item will be built on Kha unless you're 10/0 and the game is already over. I've tested it on PBE also and with my knowledge on the champ it wasn't good at all. I tested it over and over again. Different builds different situations. Was garbage. I disagree. Ghostblade is nice on Kha, but since the release of Stormraiders, it honestly feels like he doesn't need the active for MS, attack speed is meh on him, and we still get armor pen from duskblade. We give up is 10% cdr and 10 pen and we get 10 ad in exchange for the passive. Seems like a fair trade to me, especially with so many great cdr items in the offing. What I liked about duskblade on Kha was the fact that I could pick up kills that otherwise would have escaped me once the item proc'ed. And while it's true that Kha's basic combo leaves a squishy dead before duskblade will be useful, my point about this item is that it gives Kha the ability to kill someone that he wouldn't normally. That's right, a target who is not isolated. I can get on someone and chunk them appreciably before autoing, and in two seconds they will lose another sizeable chunk of hp. Maybe killing them? Maybe just getting them low enough to finish off. In either case, it felt pretty good to me. The only part of your argument I agree with is that duskblade is very (prohibitively?) expensive for a jungler. It feels like shit sitting on BF for that long, since penetration is just out and out better for Kha'zix. But I bought it in place of Tiamat and liked it fine.
: I mean {{champion:92}} is there too
> [{quoted}](name=Primal Huntress,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=pt97eEjE,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2016-02-02T21:39:03.619+0000) > > I mean {{champion:92}} is there too Riven is honestly one of the champs that makes me worry about this item. She's already so snowbally, if we then give her an item that more or less guarantees a flash or kill every 2 mins.. Man. I worry about it.
Nutty (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BM Goyu,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=pt97eEjE,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-02-02T21:33:34.633+0000) > > Idk, Kha'Zix and Rengar are looking pretty strong in my mind. Kha wont build this item. Yes there are a lot of champs that will benefit from this item (Don't only think of ad assassins think of every champ) but kha isnt one of them
> [{quoted}](name=Nutty,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=pt97eEjE,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2016-02-02T21:34:59.182+0000) > > Kha wont build this item. Yes there are a lot of champs that will benefit from this item (Don't only think of ad assassins think of every champ) but kha isnt one of them I bought it on him on the PBE. It was really strong because of the nature of his combo. You walk up, QW auto (procs nightfall) E ifthey dash away and q again, Nightfall pops if they got away and they take a crap ton of damage from it because they lost a lot of HP before the proc was activated. Either that or they get bursted outright. Same thing for Rengar. I don't know why you would feel like 75 AD, 10 flat pen and a nice MS boost would be bad for Kha'Zix, but it felt pretty solid, and giving the void bug back some %hp damage is hardly a bad thing for his burst combo.
: Honestly the only ones i see benefiting from this unless fat are {{champion:91}} {{champion:238}}
> [{quoted}](name=GrReaper96,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=pt97eEjE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-02-02T21:28:53.979+0000) > > Honestly the only ones i see benefiting from this unless fat are {{champion:91}} {{champion:238}} Idk, Kha'Zix and Rengar are looking pretty strong in my mind.
: Where did jhin get his engineering skills? That gun isn't basic, and Ionia isn't exactly the center of technology.
> [{quoted}](name=MSA JercioShade,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=WUwqmxEZ,comment-id=008a,timestamp=2016-02-02T20:12:06.003+0000) > > Where did jhin get his engineering skills? That gun isn't basic, and Ionia isn't exactly the center of technology. In his bio it is stated that he is given access to resources as a condition of his "release". Essentially, he has sponsors providing his gear.
Jasęn (NA)
: ive been searching for this for a half hour lol. my question is who is jhin's voice actor?
> [{quoted}](name=TheRockk Obama,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=WUwqmxEZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-02-02T18:38:04.788+0000) > > ive been searching for this for a half hour lol. my question is who is jhin's voice actor? Matthew Mercer.
Reav3 (NA)
: We wanted to get a wide variety for the first update. There isn't one singular reason for each champion being chosen. While there are many reasons that went into these 3, I can try and break down the primary reasons real quick. **Trundle ** - Highest disparity between current skin splash and current in-game model **Nidalee** - We already have a majority of her skin splash are 80%-90% complete **Tristana** - This is the champion we teach new players how skins work (through the riot girl Tristana facebook give away) As for the reasoning behind Sion being high priority. Sion currently has the lowest skin usage in the entire game. This means that people use skins on Sion less then any other champions. Not sure if this has to do with the models or that Sion has 0 high quality skin splash art. I personally love the new Hextech Sion Model, but the current splash art doesn't really reflect how awesome it is imo. This isn't to say we will do Sion next as we haven't talked about who we will tackle after we get through the 3 mentioned above.
> [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Iss0zpAe,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2016-01-28T17:28:01.206+0000) > > We wanted to get a wide variety for the first update. There isn't one singular reason for each champion being chosen. While there are many reasons that went into these 3, I can try and break down the primary reasons real quick. > > **Trundle ** - Highest disparity between current skin splash and current in-game model > **Nidalee** - We already have a majority of her skin splash are 80%-90% complete > **Tristana** - This is the champion we teach new players how skins work (through the riot girl Tristana facebook give away) > > As for the reasoning behind Sion being high priority. Sion currently has the lowest skin usage in the entire game. This means that people use skins on Sion less then any other champions. Not sure if this has to do with the models or that Sion has 0 high quality skin splash art. I personally love the new Hextech Sion Model, but the current splash art doesn't really reflect how awesome it is imo. > > This isn't to say we will do Sion next as we haven't talked about who we will tackle after we get through the 3 mentioned above. On the subject of Sion, I think the reason his skins show such low use is that all of his skins are garbage compared to his base skin. Hextech, Lumberjack and Barbarian are ridiculous as well as just painful to look at. Warmonger is ok, but feels like the wrong colors. Compared to his base skin, they're just a bit garbage. The splash arts looking horrible probably doesn't help though. I play a decent amount of Sion, and have several skins, but mostly just leave the classic skin on.
: Can I just switch currencies in paypal so I pay less?
> [{quoted}](name=Ahri gets meHard,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=tivmkQPs,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-02-01T21:33:26.508+0000) > > Can I just switch currencies in paypal so I pay less? Yes you can. But you won't pay less. The math is explained.
Kella (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Kella,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=tivmkQPs,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-02-01T21:15:33.762+0000) > > Wow. > > Another kick in the teeth. > > Currency conversions aside, 10 dollars to us (in Canada) feels exactly the same as 10 dollars to you (in the USA). Combined with the slimy move of removing release sales, after saying that a 1350 tier wouldn't become a standard thing, it's really turning me off from supporting Riot further. It's just getting to become way too much of a rip-off for a single skin. > > Not like they'd care, though, since I've already spent more than a thousand dollars in the last two and a half years........ Sounds like you don't know much about economics, friend. Market forces.
: Canadian players had to use USD to purchase RP until [we implemented local currency](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4731774) in 2014 to give players the option to pay in their home currency. Since then the general trend between USD and CAD has only been in one direction, so as I mentioned to Swerzz (check out my reply for more of our thinking) we have not yet encountered the situation you described.
> [{quoted}](name=Wingfield,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=tivmkQPs,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2016-02-01T20:48:36.167+0000) > > Canadian players had to use USD to purchase RP until [we implemented local currency](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4731774) in 2014 to give players the option to pay in their home currency. Since then the general trend between USD and CAD has only been in one direction, so as I mentioned to Swerzz (check out my reply for more of our thinking) we have not yet encountered the situation you described. Rekt.
Ionian (EUW)
: Keystones are terrible for AP mids.
Well DOT mages benefit very nicely from ferocity and burst mages (especially those scaling well off of CDR) benefit very well from Cunning. It seems very much as if there is an impactful choice for each class to make.
: I know I might be salty...But holy moly is Warlord's bloodlust frustrating!
Not a lot of sympathy for a Mordekaiser player, but yeah I agree this mastery needs nerfed. But I mean.... they already said they're going to nerf it. So like... why cry more?
: Riot: The community wants you to know, we want turrets stronger, not weaker.
Yeah.... kinda with you. These turret nerfs are a bit much.
Ionian (EUW)
: Keystones are terrible for AP mids.
Why would you use ferocity on an ap mid instead of cunning?
: > [{quoted}](name=BM Goyu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3aPZgnt1,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2015-11-12T19:12:37.386+0000) > > I'm kinda with you on this. Those changes recommended were ridiculous. That's not the Azir treatment. Hell, that's not the Olaf treatment. That is by far the most ridiculously, intensely, over-the-top proposed nerf I have ever seen. Especially since he really is in a fine place, balance-wise. I would say he could if anything use a slight buff to base stats. Yasuo isn't a problem, this new mastery is, and simply moving it's power around a little would leave Yasuo still in a fine place. > > Maybe just add the caveat that the heal scales off of damage from "item crit" as opposed to "passive crit" then Tryndamere and Yasuo (and Pantheon) are no longer a problem. Yeah that would be a great solution, as once yasuo has 50% crit in items he won't build any more crit therefore reducing the effectiveness of the mastery.
> [{quoted}](name=Soccerkid5999,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3aPZgnt1,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-12T19:20:30.421+0000) > > Yeah that would be a great solution, as once yasuo has 50% crit in items he won't build any more crit therefore reducing the effectiveness of the mastery. Exactly my thought! Meaning that he gets great efficiency out of it, but only up to a point, and leaving him actually in an interesting place in that some adcs will actually get better efficiency if they choose to build even as much as 45% crit chance, as their crits do more damage than Yasuos and their efficiency can even scale past 50% since they have reason to, where Yasuo does not, as lifesteal will become more efficient than building more crit chance just for the increased heal on the mastery. That being said, I also think 15% heal is extremely high.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zethuriah Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3aPZgnt1,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-11-12T17:57:30.359+0000) > > Yas has currently "no counterplay©" laning against him he has infinite dash, cc through super long range knock and melee knock, a shield that is far too strong making pokes pointless. You can't even hug turret and farm because if he lands on tornado, he will ult and kill you with out even taking a turret shot. > > Its time to look at him, and give him the azir treatment. > > First remove the crit passive completely. Remember you justify removing will of emperor on azir because "the free stats are too oppressive allowing azir to build one or the other and capping both is not the direction league should go. > > Second, half the range of the tornado, or give it the janna treatment. Longer range = longer channel. Cut the damage of it in half, ramping to full damage on full charge, also make it deal less per unit hit. Its purpose is to knock for ult, not be xerath style poke from completely across the screen. > > Lastly, cut the shield in half and allow overage of damage to pass through, its not supposed to be a spell sheild, currently if an ability deals 400 damage, no matter how much shield you got, most ability are eaten like it is a spell shield. > > You need to have counterplay which this champ currently doesn't. For those that don't understand the meaning of counterplay, it does not mean build a zonyas or hug turret, that is not countering anything. You most definitely have never played yasuo in your life.. First off you want to remove his passive Bcuz it gives 100% in crit after 2 items. Well before the changes it gave 100% crit in 2 items + a zeal so it's not that different. Secondly you complain about how hard it is to lane against a yasuo. Yasuo is very weak until his second item, as if you rush shiv you have no bonus AD and any AD can out trade him. You also mention to reduce the range of his 3rd q. Judging from this I'm guessing you are a lower elo, and have not mastered dodging skill shots. And ulting people under tower and not taking a tower hit?? Maybe if the tower is destroyed, but last time I checked the tower hits you as soon as you attack an enemy champ within range. Also I don't like how you say he does not have counter play Bcuz he does. Just because you seem to lose a lot against him does not mean the champ is broken, but rather the player. So before you accuse a champion of having no counter play Bcuz you can't outplay him, work on your own mechanics. And lastly your idea of making his shield not a shield is just.. Idiotic. With that logic you should just ask for his 3rd q to not be a knock up, Bcuz it's too op by setting up his ult.
> [{quoted}](name=Soccerkid5999,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3aPZgnt1,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2015-11-12T19:04:40.217+0000) > > You most definitely have never played yasuo in your life.. First off you want to remove his passive Bcuz it gives 100% in crit after 2 items. Well before the changes it gave 100% crit in 2 items + a zeal so it's not that different. Secondly you complain about how hard it is to lane against a yasuo. Yasuo is very weak until his second item, as if you rush shiv you have no bonus AD and any AD can out trade him. You also mention to reduce the range of his 3rd q. Judging from this I'm guessing you are a lower elo, and have not mastered dodging skill shots. And ulting people under tower and not taking a tower hit?? Maybe if the tower is destroyed, but last time I checked the tower hits you as soon as you attack an enemy champ within range. Also I don't like how you say he does not have counter play Bcuz he does. Just because you seem to lose a lot against him does not mean the champ is broken, but rather the player. So before you accuse a champion of having no counter play Bcuz you can't outplay him, work on your own mechanics. > And lastly your idea of making his shield not a shield is just.. Idiotic. With that logic you should just ask for his 3rd q to not be a knock up, Bcuz it's too op by setting up his ult. I'm kinda with you on this. Those changes recommended were ridiculous. That's not the Azir treatment. Hell, that's not the Olaf treatment. That is by far the most ridiculously, intensely, over-the-top proposed nerf I have ever seen. Especially since he really is in a fine place, balance-wise. I would say he could if anything use a slight buff to base stats. Yasuo isn't a problem, this new mastery is, and simply moving it's power around a little would leave Yasuo still in a fine place. Maybe just add the caveat that the heal scales off of damage from "item crit" as opposed to "passive crit" then Tryndamere and Yasuo (and Pantheon) are no longer a problem.
Meddler (NA)
: Early indications suggest Yasuo's too dominant in 5.22. Before we look at Yasuo specific changes though we want to look at Warlord's Bloodlust, see whether we need to adjust that first and if so what spot Trynd/Yasuo end up in, given they'll be better placed than almost any other champion to take advantage of that mastery.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3aPZgnt1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-11-12T06:14:18.321+0000) > > Early indications suggest Yasuo's too dominant in 5.22. Before we look at Yasuo specific changes though we want to look at Warlord's Bloodlust, see whether we need to adjust that first and if so what spot Trynd/Yasuo end up in, given they'll be better placed than almost any other champion to take advantage of that mastery. May I humbly suggest that Warlord's Bloodlust scale with crit chance from items as opposed to applying on every critical strike? Yasuo and Tryndamere (and to a lesser extent, Pantheon) are problematic because they get free crit but if the mastery were to proc based on crit chance in your inventory, we would see them getting the same amount of sustain as everyone else, (or even less, since they buy less crit than many) and in Yasuo's case, even a little less since his crits due reduced damage and thus he'd heal for an equal percentage of a lesser amount. Or it could be possible for them to heal at a reduced amount, scaling off of the amount of purchased crit chance.
: Not really, all other ADCs got at least +5 base AD anyways, the only one who didn't was Miss Fortune probably because they absolutely overloaded her ult with damage and basically turned her from a strong early - mid game champ to a strong champ at all points of the game.
> [{quoted}](name=A Miss Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BgbYgFFN,comment-id=001c0000000000010000,timestamp=2015-10-30T18:48:01.836+0000) > > Not really, all other ADCs got at least +5 base AD anyways, the only one who didn't was Miss Fortune probably because they absolutely overloaded her ult with damage and basically turned her from a strong early - mid game champ to a strong champ at all points of the game. Fair point on other adcs getting base buffs, but that doesn't negate the overwhelming power of guaranteed crits on a skill that also gives you range and bonus AD. I won't go so far as to say that Twitch is now broken, but the comment that set off this chain was the claim that Twitch had been nerfed despite a decent amount of power being added to his kit. Losing two seconds of Spray and Pray (that's what it's called ok!?) in exchange for free crit sounds great to me!
: He was more so nerfed. His Q feels better to use and also resets on kills but his ultimate duration got nerfed. Overall Twitch still has very glaring problems like him not really being a late game "hypercarry" since he has no real tools a hypercarry has, his passive doing 216 damage (at max rank, stacks, and duration), his E just being a sucky Kalista Rend. I think his Q resetting on kills doesn't help him at all and the nerf to his ultimate duration sucks.
> [{quoted}](name=A Miss Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BgbYgFFN,comment-id=001c00000000,timestamp=2015-10-29T19:16:57.858+0000) > > He was more so nerfed. > > His Q feels better to use and also resets on kills but his ultimate duration got nerfed. Overall Twitch still has very glaring problems like him not really being a late game "hypercarry" since he has no real tools a hypercarry has, his passive doing 216 damage (at max rank, stacks, and duration), his E just being a sucky Kalista Rend. I think his Q resetting on kills doesn't help him at all and the nerf to his ultimate duration sucks. Yeah I really don't think he was nerfed at all. He got like 5 ad at level one, that's huge! He no longer cancels his stealth if he kites while cloaking and yeah his ult duration went down... But he gets GUARANTEED CRIT on the first target hit. His roams will be unreal. This is a massive, massive buff.
: Twitch is straight out nerfed as well
> [{quoted}](name=jonisen22,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BgbYgFFN,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2015-10-29T17:49:04.711+0000) > > Twitch is straight out nerfed as well Is this a troll thread and I just didn't notice?
Koheris (EUW)
: Lucian's update's also a nerf
> [{quoted}](name=Koheris,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BgbYgFFN,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-10-29T11:43:53.815+0000) > > Lucian's update's also a nerf How do you figure?
Kat Head (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BM Goyu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NzjhxoyR,comment-id=00a900000001000000020001,timestamp=2015-10-22T16:11:13.060+0000) > > The assassin role is currently the weakest? > > Adcs would like a word with you sir. What does our adc overlords desire of the weakest role in game ? ADCS are the most important and powerful role in the game. I dont get how anyone could even think to call that role weak. It isnt, in pro play and solo queue and even in normals 4 people exist only to fall prostrate before there adc. There are certainly problems with that role that do need addressed. The assassin role is barely even viable currently with multiple assassins being completely unviable. No game is started without 2 adcs. No one ever has said we cant start this game we have 0 Assassins. When is the last time you dodged because your team did not have an assassin ? I can tell you I will dodge at the speed of light if my team does not have an adc.
I'm not talking about viability or necessity, I'm talking about strength and contribution. People don't fall prostrate before their adc because it's a potent role, they do it because it's NOT. If you don't worship your adc and kiss his ass he'll be useless all game so you have to invest to make him strong. With the rise of carry tops in Season 5 this is less of a case and really we just see adcs becoming moving bags of money for toplaners to teleport for when they need money. Also, there are plenty of games being started without adcs. Didja read the mordekaiser changes? I have no idea why you're talking about the importance of the role, because obviously you need ranged autoattack damage in the game (for now), because I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the fact that adcs as a role are next to useless in a fight until far later in the game than other champs and will struggle to have an impact because of the cost of ADC items, the slow roll of powerspikes, and the fact that... well... basically everyone can do more damage while taking less damage until late game.
: Why are you screwing with Miss Fortune's W passive? I liked the older version just fine. Unless there's a compelling reason in game for an ADC to switch targets, this change will produce a sub-optimal gameplay for her in general. I mean really. An ADC is only supposed to be in range of one opponent (and really should only have one enemy in their AA range). If you were to use this new passive, you done bleeped it up. It's like you are encouraging people to play like bronze ADCs... I should know, my skills in that role are down there.
>You're not here to ask opinions posed as questions, because that will make me sad.
: Yea this is a great question. Here's the high level points for each: Caitlyn * The zone control marksmen (traps are on a charge system now) * New play feel with headshot combos (trap and E trigger a guaranteed headshot on the target) Miss Fortune * The wombo combo marksmen (ult scaling way better, can crit) * New play feel with impure shots replaced with "love tap" new passive that gives bonus damage when swapping targets (this works well with Q) Kog'Maw * The true glass cannon hyper carry (tons of dmg needs protection) * W now doubles ALL attack speed and allows him to break the attack speed cap (but ad is lowered to 60%) Corki * Magic damage marksmen -> passive now does big magic damage instead of true and all spells now do magic damage * New mechanic: Special Delivery -> every ~5m in the game corki gets a special set of bombs in his base that allow him to cast a super mega W with much bigger range and impact Quinn * The map mobility/roaming marksmen * R reworked as a utility focused spell -> 0 cooldown and gives quinn crazy out of combat speed to quickly move around the map, not used for assassination anymore Graves * We finally made his shotgun a shotgun -> up close burst damage marksmen * Basic attacks fire multiple buckshots in a cone -> more damage up close * Q reworked to synergize better with the new basic attacks
For Graves, will this mechanic be similar to Runaan's? And if so, will Graves become a champion that struggles to freeze lane as his basic attack splash will inadvertently push the wave?
Kat Head (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NzjhxoyR,comment-id=00a9000000010000,timestamp=2015-10-22T04:00:40.517+0000) > > buff Any love coming for the Assassin role this off season ? Season 5 had multiple massive nerfs to almost every single assassin. The assassin role is currently the weakest role in the game, any plans to change that ?
The assassin role is currently the weakest? Adcs would like a word with you sir.
Gixia (NA)
: I mean, don't we technically already have that via Fiddlesticks?
I dunno, have you ever played Fiddle jungle? He doesn't really feel like a caster at all. Only Nidalee really feels like a caster mage jungle imo. Even Diana doesn't really feel like she fits the bill, and Nidalee is honestly kind of pushing it as well when you consider the gap closers and point blank execute. Brand jungle is hella fun, but not really viable.
: > [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qWGbZX8N,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-10-05T19:00:29.491+0000) > > We've been talking about possible TP changes for the preseason. It's a spell that creates some really cool amounts and allows a range of additional strategies. Current thinking is that it may have become a bit too mandatory in many cases however, which then ends up reducing overall diversity rather than creating it. If that's the conclusion we settle on we'll probably make some small nerfs to it (CD at a guess). Why not turn it into a boot enchant like it was for a game mode? Always laners to get to fights when needed and most ench's aren't used.
Same problem: literally everyone would get it and it would create some pretty stupid backdoor threats, as well as potentially making it impossible to get punished for any mistake. Would be a pretty bad idea imo.
Ralanr (NA)
: Because that's how I feel about teleport. I don't see why it should be nerfed. Upgrade the other spells!
I misunderstood. I thought you were calling for flash nerfs. Carry on, friendo!
Ralanr (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qWGbZX8N,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-10-05T19:00:29.491+0000) > > We've been talking about possible TP changes for the preseason. It's a spell that creates some really cool amounts and allows a range of additional strategies. **Current thinking is that it may have become a bit too mandatory in many cases however, which then ends up reducing overall diversity rather than creating it.** If that's the conclusion we settle on we'll probably make some small nerfs to it (CD at a guess). Not to be rude Meddler, but:{{summoner:4}} Please don't nerf teleport before flash.
Why? Flash is in a great spot. I don't think flash is a problem because everyone picks it, I think summs are a problem because only a few are any good.
Meddler (NA)
: We've been talking about possible TP changes for the preseason. It's a spell that creates some really cool amounts and allows a range of additional strategies. Current thinking is that it may have become a bit too mandatory in many cases however, which then ends up reducing overall diversity rather than creating it. If that's the conclusion we settle on we'll probably make some small nerfs to it (CD at a guess).
Isn't there something to be said for the idea that teleport isn't actually problematic as a spell, it's more a problem of the other options for summoner spells being relatively weak in terms of utility past pre 6 skirmishes/all-ins? I mean sure it's nice that heal gives you a quick chunk of hp, and barrier... well... barrier is garbage, but my point was going to be that heal and exhaust and ignite have some nice utility in a 1v1, sometimes enough to turn around a fight and net you a kill or maybe just help you get out, and sure the MS from ghost is nice, but this is really nothing in comparison to the map control that teleport offers. So maybe allow them to offer more? There's something to be said for taking away the reduced cooldown of teleport when you use it on a turret, but going over 5 mins on a summoner spell seems painful, when you could just give people a reason to take ignite/barrier/exahust instead.
: PROJECT Panorama Splash!
Great work! Next will you release an mp3 of the music from the Project: Overdrive video? Because holy epic music Batman, I want to listen to that more!
: Champion Q&A: Ekko, the Boy Who Shattered Time [COMPLETED]
Is there any intention to make his passive stacks a little more visible? In the frenzy of visually noisy abilities at his disposal as well as minions, it can be difficult to tell how many stacks he is at. Sometimes when I toss Q at closer range, it's hard to tell if both procs of Q hit, so I don't necessarily know if i have two stacks on them. If I do, maybe i want to E and dash for a finisher, but if I don't, I may be jumping in to die. For the purpose of clarity, it would be nice if the indicator were a little more visually eye catching, like Vayne's. Thoughts?
SEKAI (OCE)
: Depends on how much resource they are willing to commit, I wouldn't think Riot themselves are running short on capitals. Time management? Maybe, but I won't say it's a thing about resource management.
Time is a resource...
: SHEN VISUAL UPDATE NEEED
Holy fucking punctuation Batman.
awrsmth (NA)
: honestly i disagree, yes we are miles behind the laners b ut ive been jungling jax since the update and ive been having so much fun and somehow even being levels behind i manage to still kick ***. granted i have to be more careful due to lower health but my damage is so high that i can handle it just fine. i dont think that the jungle is in a weird place i just think that it is redefining what a jungler is. now you actually have to be more skilled to exell where as in the past anyone could do it now you actually have to know what you are doing.
I guess that's the issue I'm trying to raise. I don't think that I should have to display platinum mechanics in order to remain a gold jungler with a gold team. This jungle is antifun and not rewarding to play in. There's no playstyle that is clearly rewarding for a jungler, every decision feels punishing. You stay in jungle and farm? You burn hella money on pots and don't have gold even close to that of laners, plus you're two levels behind. You go to lane and gank? You fall behind in farm and probably have to recall, having gotten only a flash for your trouble. Recall... again... you've already recalled 5 times because you're always so low from farming. You gank top? Say goodbye to dragon. You gank bot? If your lane is already winning, you get a kill and take drag. But there's my biggest problem right there. Junglers are super effective in a game YOU ARE ALREADY WINNING and next to useless in an even game or a game from behind. That's obnoxious. I want to be able to impact the game, that's what a jungler is for. And right now that is just too hard to do because you have to do it with low xp and on a budget. Plus people take your camps with their ridiculously long spawn timers, and rage and flame if you tax lane. Fuck this jungle man. Seriously, just fuck it.
: wanted to bump the thread and say that i find the new jungle antifun. being pigeonholed into using just a handful of junglers or struggling to clear jungle camps for the first half of the game then playing catchup for the last half of the game is not a part of my "end game fantasy". balance team must have been fking high
Antifun. It is totally and absolutely antifun. I wouldn't care if this jungle were perfectly balanced, because it's ruining the game with how antifun it is.
Tiropat (NA)
: You know i just realized why counter jungling is so effective now. I means you will be on the level of bot lane and your opponet will be weaker then the support.
Yup! That's the reason Nunu is so strong right now. He basically takes the other jungler out of the game. Lee Sin too.
shppy (NA)
: > The jungle items are cost efficient as hell. The jungle items have horrible cost efficiency. 2250 gold for a Morello's without mana regen or grievous wounds is pathetic, and none of the others are any better (besides Devourer with stacks built... though without them it's just a wit's end without the MR or the MR-theft).
MakersF (EUW)
: The problem is that the junglers have different patterns, either farming or ganking. Options: 1) Set gold and experience so that for a average ganking jungler gets as much as laners--> Feral Flame like junglers will be the only junglers played, as they farm no stop and thus will have more gold/exp than laners (since you balanced around someone who ganks sometimes instead of farming). They stay AFK farming all match with little risk, then come out of the jungle and are ahead of everyone else and get pentakill. I think we all agree this is not a great option 2) Set gold/exp so that no stop faming junglers get as much as laners --> now the second you are not in the jungler farming you are getting behind the laners, so you need to be successful to a certain degree in order to be on par. Can you see problem? * Possible solutions can be to get more exp than laners for no stop farming but less gold (so hypercarries who need items are not overwhelming, while the other category which need levels more than items are on par). * Give more exp/gold for kills/assists if you have smite or the jungling item (so that you need less successful ganks to be on par) * Something along the lines BTW, I'm actually ok in the jungle now. I'm usually on par with laners with money and really little behind in lvls, especially because i try to gank a lot using a tanky jungler
I think the issues were pretty much what you stated, and the long spawn timers and tougher creeps are riot's response to the questions raised by the perhaps overly successful season 4 jungler. And I think it makes sense. Make the creep spawn timers longer so that a jungler cannot afk farm, because low game interaction should not be rewarded. But that's the thing, they've created a situation where it's basically PVE to jungle because you spend so much time recalling and you're always behind and ganking is so risky for relatively little reward. I had that same thought as you about an xp/gold bonus for kills/assists. I think it would be a really great way to reward active play. You could also make it scale, or maybe have a stack system so that you can't abuse it and become a runaway jungler, killing everyone because you're level ten while they are 6. Maybe it stacks on camp kills up to a cap and then you consume the stacks on champs. I dunno. All I can say is I really hate the jungle right now. I understand Riot's reasoning, but it's just not fun at all to play in as is. I thought season four was pretty close, but they didn't create a space for tank junglers because the items sucked, and feral flare created a really stupid pattern of play. Personally I think they just need to give tank jungle items an aoe active to help them blow up the camp and stay up to speed with faster clearing junglers, and give us our gold generation back.
: I find master yi to be fine in the new jungle he's prob better than most
He sustains fine which is nice, but there's not enough gold for him to be relevant late game and we all know his ganks are a bit lackluster.
Show more

BM Goyu

Level 84 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion