CytheGuy (NA)
: I mean I get where you're coming from, but the idea that comebacks are possible in all of low-elo simply because these players don't know how to end the game is kind of only half-thought out. No one knows how to end, yes, but very few people know how to come back too. If a player knows how to come back, then they are probably a bit more than gold-elo material. Even then, it often takes more than one person to make a comeback, so just because one player on the team knows what they are doing, if their team can't or won't fill in for their jobs then the team probably won't make a comeback anyways.
> [{quoted}](name=CytheGuy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q0tAdxjV,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2019-11-19T15:05:53.781+0000) > > I mean I get where you're coming from, but the idea that comebacks are possible in all of low-elo simply because these players don't know how to end the game is kind of only half-thought out. No one knows how to end, yes, but very few people know how to come back too. If a player knows how to come back, then they are probably a bit more than gold-elo material. Even then, it often takes more than one person to make a comeback, so just because one player on the team knows what they are doing, if their team can't or won't fill in for their jobs then the team probably won't make a comeback anyways. What? If /all/ the things you listed are impossible to someone then.. that person deserves to lose. They deserve to be like OP, going 400 games with a 49% w/r and complain about how it's everyone else's fault. Here's the rub: If someone deserves to be in a higher bracket, then they can absolutely handle comebacks. They can carry games. They can get their team (more often than not) to go along with things- or exploit their teammates bad behavior for objectives. Here's how my season went: I played 14 games with almost all of them being the last day of the season. Of those 14 games, I lost 5- one was totally 'my bad', at least one was lost late game for no reason, and the rest were team/comp issues. Of the 9 I won, four of those looked just like the losses for half the time. My own teammates spammed surrender, GG, whining and all the good stuff. Guess what? In a few of those, I single-handedly pulled us back because of good map awareness and initiating team fights smartly. In others, another team-member took that role and carried me. This has been true since Season 1*. If you give up and throw out those excuses, yeah, sure- you'll lose games you had to lose. But you'll also lose games you could've won just by being a better player. That handful is the difference between climbing up ranks and not. For context here: S1 gold had a smaller percentage of the playerbase than diamond has today. 3% vs 3.7%. S1 Bronze was rarer than Gold today (25% vs 31%). The obscene rank bloat is why some, like TC, can kid themselves into believing they're not awful. Gold is a C-, as far as grades go. And a lot of people stay C students for no reason.
: Goodbye Season 9 and Good Riddance
If you're not in Diamond, then you don't have an excuse for not having comeback victories. Even heavily stomping games can turn around when it comes to objective control. And if you disagree with that, then why aren't you carrying? You can't have it both ways. But really, I think most understand that your post is about being stuck in gold for 400 games @ a 49/51 w/r rate. Am sympathetic, can't imagine what that's like.
: The amount of people who act like they care TT is leaving when they havent played a single game in multiple seasons is hilarious
> [{quoted}](name=Jimmy Rustles,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BeP4psTv,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-10T00:45:25.860+0000) > > The amount of people who act like they care TT is leaving when they havent played a single game in multiple seasons is hilarious People haven't played a single game in multiple seasons because Riot hasn't bothered to balance and update the map. See also: Dominion which was left functionally broken for months until the player base bled away.
nep2une (NA)
: Why are Lethality items still not melee only when ranged abused something they weren't supposed to?
"ADCs were never ever supposed to be able to use flat armorpen" This is the single dumbest thought I've read all day. Brutalizer has always been a popular pick on ADCs, even in earlier seasons before it built into anything. Flat Armorpen reds + Flat ADs were the best for ADCs for a LONG time. Just because your memory only goes back a half season doesn't change reality. Cry more.
: If you're going to continue an argument, you probably shouldn't wait 17 days to do it. This conversation has expired, good day to you sir.
> [{quoted}](name=AbsorbantTNT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bTxP103P,comment-id=0004000000020000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2016-12-01T16:37:38.389+0000) > > If you're going to continue an argument, you probably shouldn't wait 17 days to do it. This conversation has expired, good day to you sir. Alright honey, run back to unranked and writing unsolicited mobafire guides.
: Look, clearly you're just going to argue that building Poppy as a fighter is superior to building her as a tank. This may work for you because you might play a lot of fighters and not tanks (I personally know an assassin main who does best when he builds Poppy full AD), but I main tanks. When I play Jarvan IV, I build him as a tank because _I play tanks better than I play divers_. If I told a Jarvan main that tank Jarvan was far better than AD Jarvan, I'd only be right for myself and my plays as tank Jarvan would likely be worse than that J4 main's AD J4 plays. Go right ahead. If you find yourself believing that diver Poppy is better for you, if you believe that **full AP** Poppy is better for you, go build that. But I main standard tank Poppy, so I'm going to remain convinced that tank Poppy is better than fighter Poppy.
> [{quoted}](name=AbsorbantTNT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bTxP103P,comment-id=00040000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-15T02:37:44.519+0000) > > Look, clearly you're just going to argue that building Poppy as a fighter is superior to building her as a tank. > > This may work for you because you might play a lot of fighters and not tanks (I personally know an assassin main who does best when he builds Poppy full AD), but I main tanks. When I play Jarvan IV, I build him as a tank because _I play tanks better than I play divers_. If I told a Jarvan main that tank Jarvan was far better than AD Jarvan, I'd only be right for myself and my plays as tank Jarvan would likely be worse than that J4 main's AD J4 plays. > > Go right ahead. If you find yourself believing that diver Poppy is better for you, if you believe that **full AP** Poppy is better for you, go build that. But I main standard tank Poppy, so I'm going to remain convinced that tank Poppy is better than fighter Poppy. Then feel free to keep under-performing and sitting as an unranked, giving passionate, unsolicited advice on a champion you play a lot hut aren't particularly good at.. Just because you 'main' a champion doesn't mean you know them well. And the fact that you play J4 as a straight tank in every situation is proof enough of that. If you know a champion you should be able to build them as the situation requires. In PUG games, you need to carry, and tank poppy doesn't do that.
: PSA - Master Yi's Highlander Grants him Immunity to Attack Speed Slows
And Yi's ult has 100% uptime. Right? Right? Right? No. Attackspeed slows counter him a majority of the time and are still strong against him.
: But Iceborn Gauntlet costs 2700 G to Trinity Force's 3733 G. That's a _1033 G difference_. And, besides, Iceborn Gauntlet isn't even the first item you get. Unless you're up against AP, you rush Sunfire Cape on Poppy. Poppy is a tank, primarily, with secondary as fighter. She's actually very similar to Shen in the fact that she's a dueling tank that can take multiple roles without much trouble. But Trinity Force is far less superior to other choices _on Poppy._ As I mentioned, it's a great item on other fighters, but it falls short on tanks.
> [{quoted}](name=AbsorbantTNT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bTxP103P,comment-id=000400000002000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-14T21:09:04.714+0000) > > But Iceborn Gauntlet costs 2700 G to Trinity Force's 3733 G. That's a _1033 G difference_. And, besides, Iceborn Gauntlet isn't even the first item you get. Unless you're up against AP, you rush Sunfire Cape on Poppy. > > Poppy is a tank, primarily, with secondary as fighter. She's actually very similar to Shen in the fact that she's a dueling tank that can take multiple roles without much trouble. > > But Trinity Force is far less superior to other choices _on Poppy._ As I mentioned, it's a great item on other fighters, but it falls short on tanks. If your big defense for itemization is "HER PRIMARY IS A TANK!", no. Just no. Poppy has immense dueling potential and in lower rankings (where 99% of players are), she can snowball really hard. The building parts of Trinity Force give lots of value, help win trades earlier, and in general just make her a beast to set up for smashing things. MS, attackspeed, and HP are all sorely under-estimated stats on Poppy. Sunfire does not give her that carrying and pushing potential. In fact, in a solid portion of games, I take deadman's plate instead for more speed and roaming. {{item:3078}} {{item:3009}} {{item:3068}} {{item:3053}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3748}}
: I'm just getting sick of people losing so _bad_ with her that people hate me for maining her, so I was giving some advice. Maybe I worded it a little more annoyed than intended, but my intentions were pure. And, no, Trinity Force is great on Vi, Jax, and Yorick. But not Poppy. Iceborn Gauntlet is far better for her.
> [{quoted}](name=AbsorbantTNT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bTxP103P,comment-id=0004000000020000,timestamp=2016-11-14T18:01:06.212+0000) > > I'm just getting sick of people losing so _bad_ with her that people hate me for maining her, so I was giving some advice. Maybe I worded it a little more annoyed than intended, but my intentions were pure. > > And, no, Trinity Force is great on Vi, Jax, and Yorick. But not Poppy. Iceborn Gauntlet is far better for her. 65 armor OR... phage boost, MS boost, health, attackspeed (actually valuable on her), sets up her strong above-average base AD, lets her itemize into Starakk's for cheap mitigation. Are there certain matchups where Iceborn is superior? Yes. Trinity fits her playstyle better when she actually needs to carry.
: I checked your OP.GG out of curiousity. You're confirming my suspicions that all Star Guardian Poppys have no idea what they're doing. I can't take it anymore, have a guide. {{item:3068}} {{item:3025}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3111}} are essential. But you want to build {{item:3009}} early on and sell them for {{item:3111}} later. Get a mixed resistances item like {{item:3512}} {{item:3026}} {{item:3190}} ending with a late game health/damage steroid {{item:3022}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3748}}. 12/0/18 masteries with Grasp of the Undying keystone (occasionally, Courage of the Colossus is a more valid choice, but this is only if you're playing ARAM or Poppy jungle.) Stand near minions to proc Grasp of the Undying then throw your buckler at the enemy laner for poke.
> [{quoted}](name=AbsorbantTNT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bTxP103P,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2016-11-14T12:47:18.728+0000) > > I checked your OP.GG out of curiousity. You're confirming my suspicions that all Star Guardian Poppys have no idea what they're doing. > > Please _stop_ with the constant abuse of my main through building whatever you're building on her. I can't take it anymore, have a guide. > > {{item:3068}} {{item:3025}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3111}} are essential. > > Get a mixed resistances item like {{item:3512}} {{item:3026}} {{item:3190}} ending with a late game health/damage steroid {{item:3022}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3748}}. > > 12/0/18 masteries with Grasp of the Undying keystone (occasionally, Courage of the Colossus is a more valid choice, but this is only if you're playing ARAM or Poppy jungle.) > > Stand near minions to proc Grasp of the Undying then throw your buckler at the enemy laner for poke. What's wrong with you man? They're /level 8/ and you're acting like the OP raped your dog. How big is your ego? Damn. Also, Triforce >>>> Iceborn. OHSNAP
: i just don't want to see tankali, tankfizz, tanksuo, tankko, thankzed or whatever tankssassin. Can we have that? Kill tankssassins and make actual assassins that can actualy KILL PEOPLE? As a Zed main, do you want to know why Zed is the only REAL assassin that was actualy the only viable assassin in high elo before he was gutted to shit all the way since patch 5,9 up until now? Simple. His Kit consists of full skillshots that can hit from multiple angles, making it hard to dodge for people that haven't actualy practiced sidesteping, while also having the means to go in and out before braindead point and click champions decimate him to death. He was actualy the ONLY assassin that had a fighting chance against a meta full of cc and point 'n' click damage and in the right hands he also dominated. People didn't like that. People didn't like that a champion that takes skill to play and needs to aim could beat them so hard and outplay them, they didn't like to lose against a hard champion while also playing easy, simpe and full of cc champions. Regardless of elo, Zed is one of the few, if not the only, that had a fighting chance against any opponent, kill the ones he can kill or escape from tough situations where others couldn't. All done in a kit with no hard cc and fully skillshot based. The only point and click abilities Zed has are his melee AAs and his ult. Everything else is either point blank AOE or a skillshot. And being beaten by that when you have things that you shouldn't miss, ever, felt sore for everyone. Zed capitalizes on enemy mistakes better than anyone. You are bad with your movements, Zed punishes with his skillshots, You step out of line and missposition, Zed will punish you, You get caught out alone, Zed will punish you. After all that, yes, he will escape. He did his job. He came at you, did you cc him? No? then he can get out. Did you punish? No. Then he will get out. These things are quite simple, but people don't like bitter truths and demanding environments. People want their dick sucked by everyone, they want to have things their way and never to put in any effort. This is a trait of immature people and guess what.... The majority of this community is made up of young, immature kids, so, it's only natural that this would happen. I want to see assassins like Zed, assassins that can kill and have clear weaknesses but also don't go tank because they don't need to be tanky to survive. I want to see assassins that rely on their skill to survive and not their tanky stats, but also, i want to see assassins that have to outplay. And for that to happen, this community must realize and accept the fact that they have to learn, commit and put effort into learning the game and play and outplay the assassins. Until that day comes, we can't have propper assassins that rely on their skill to outplay and can be outplayed and don't go tanky as fuck. That day will probbably never come.
> [{quoted}](name=The Unseen Scrub,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ju6jL8n1,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2016-11-14T15:40:20.624+0000) > > i just don't want to see tankali, tankfizz, tanksuo, tankko, thankzed or whatever tankssassin. Can we have that? Kill tankssassins and make actual assassins that can actualy KILL PEOPLE? > > As a Zed main, do you want to know why Zed is the only REAL assassin that was actualy the only viable assassin in high elo before he was gutted to shit all the way since patch 5,9 up until now? Simple. His Kit consists of full skillshots that can hit from multiple angles, making it hard to dodge for people that haven't actualy practiced sidesteping, while also having the means to go in and out before braindead point and click champions decimate him to death. He was actualy the ONLY assassin that had a fighting chance against a meta full of cc and point 'n' click damage and in the right hands he also dominated. > > People didn't like that. People didn't like that a champion that takes skill to play and needs to aim could beat them so hard and outplay them, they didn't like to lose against a hard champion while also playing easy, simpe and full of cc champions. Regardless of elo, Zed is one of the few, if not the only, that had a fighting chance against any opponent, kill the ones he can kill or escape from tough situations where others couldn't. All done in a kit with no hard cc and fully skillshot based. The only point and click abilities Zed has are his melee AAs and his ult. Everything else is either point blank AOE or a skillshot. And being beaten by that when you have things that you shouldn't miss, ever, felt sore for everyone. Zed capitalizes on enemy mistakes better than anyone. You are bad with your movements, Zed punishes with his skillshots, You step out of line and missposition, Zed will punish you, You get caught out alone, Zed will punish you. After all that, yes, he will escape. He did his job. He came at you, did you cc him? No? then he can get out. Did you punish? No. Then he will get out. > > These things are quite simple, but people don't like bitter truths and demanding environments. People want their dick sucked by everyone, they want to have things their way and never to put in any effort. This is a trait of immature people and guess what.... The majority of this community is made up of young, immature kids, so, it's only natural that this would happen. > > I want to see assassins like Zed, assassins that can kill and have clear weaknesses but also don't go tank because they don't need to be tanky to survive. I want to see assassins that rely on their skill to survive and not their tanky stats, but also, i want to see assassins that have to outplay. And for that to happen, this community must realize and accept the fact that they have to learn, commit and put effort into learning the game and play and outplay the assassins. > > Until that day comes, we can't have propper assassins that rely on their skill to outplay and can be outplayed and don't go tanky as fuck. > That day will probbably never come. Zed has always been safer and easier than Akali since his release. You act like having lots of varied and flexible skills make him harder to use. No, it just makes him harder to shut down. Same w/ Lee Sin. Lots of buttons =/= Hard
Aír (NA)
: Roaming as sup for extended periods of time or supporting other lanes cannot be a bannable offense
It's not, and no one should ever believe it was. Though it probably should be.
Bhagswag (NA)
: I am right. I don't need blue buff. Instead, my jungler can take those extra stats and run around making other lanes get fed. So, I think you should try to not use the blue like a crutch. It's a cherry atop a delicious ice cream; not important, and only compliments an already good ice cream.
> [{quoted}](name=Bhagswag,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iIPNQMlP,comment-id=000c00010000000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-11T11:22:25.208+0000) > > I am right. I don't need blue buff. Instead, my jungler can take those extra stats and run around making other lanes get fed. > > So, I think you should try to not use the blue like a crutch. It's a cherry atop a delicious ice cream; not important, and only compliments an already good ice cream. Except.... bluebuff doesn't really matter to junglers. Those extra stats are largely wasted on them. They already have more than sustainable mana pools in the jungle. 10 CDR is nice but not needed for jungle clears (and ganks usually only have one spell rotation). And a vast majority are not AP based, and the ones that are, don't stack AP in the same way as a midlaner. You really don't know what you're talking about, at all, and I'm done taking the bait from you.
: 10% CDR, and 15% AP do little-to-nothing early game for the large majority of champs. Mana regen is the reason you should give your mid-laner blue before their first item is complete. If they don't need the mana regen an absurd amount, they do not need it at that point, even if the enemy laner has it. Blue buff literally does not decide lanes outside of absurdly high mana cost champs essentially requiring it; and that has nothing to do with their laning opponent having blue or not. The value of blue buff on every mid-laner is different, and the large majority of match-ups are not determined by whether or not you have blue when the enemy laner doesn't or visa-versa. Its dependent on how well your laning opponent does with blue and how well your champion does with blue; not at all based upon having/not having blue at the same time.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iIPNQMlP,comment-id=000c000000010000,timestamp=2016-06-11T06:46:54.321+0000) > > 10% CDR, and 15% AP do little-to-nothing early game for the large majority of champs. > > Mana regen is the reason you should give your mid-laner blue before their first item is complete. If they don't need the mana regen an absurd amount, they do not need it at that point, even if the enemy laner has it. > > Blue buff literally does not decide lanes outside of absurdly high mana cost champs essentially requiring it; and that has nothing to do with their laning opponent having blue or not. > > The value of blue buff on every mid-laner is different, and the large majority of match-ups are not determined by whether or not you have blue when the enemy laner doesn't or visa-versa. Its dependent on how well your laning opponent does with blue and how well your champion does with blue; not at all based upon having/not having blue at the same time. 15% AP early is still going to be 5+ AP at the least. More realistically 10+. This matters. 10% CDR is massive early on. Infinite mana to allow spell spamming. Reality is, without bluebuff, it doesn't matter if you have 'absurdly high mana costs' or not- you WILL run OOM. You cannot cast spells off of every CD without bluebuff. If the other laner can, they've won their lane for the next five minutes. And just to highlight how much you're underestimating bluebuff, you didn't mention its most vital champ type that needs it. Energy based champions. They are the most blue-buff reliant mids, by far, and no one acknowledges it. Bluebuff radically changes how Zed and Akali play because it doubles the amount of rotations they can get in a single trade. Getting bluebuff, or not getting bluebuff, will largely determine how much they snowball. Only people who shouldn't get bluebuff are the ones with their first mana items super early or are completely resourceless.
Bhagswag (NA)
: When people know how to play, 10% CDR, some more mana, and 15% bonus AP doesn't make a difference.
> [{quoted}](name=Bhagswag,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iIPNQMlP,comment-id=000c000100000000,timestamp=2016-06-10T18:18:31.842+0000) > > When people know how to play, 10% CDR, some more mana, and 15% bonus AP doesn't make a difference. You're right. When people "know" how to play, all the stats in the world won't make a difference and they'll stay bronze forever.
: If you can't lane against somebody just because they have blue, you don't belong at that MMR. Simple as that. Knowing how to farm effectively under turret is required anywhere past bronze. If the midlaner doesn't then keep track of their opposing laner when they attempt to roam, that's mid's fault. Still not on the jungler. You have a trinket. Use it. If you aren't pushed out, you don't need it to keep track of the enemy jungler. You need it to keep track of your lane opponent.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iIPNQMlP,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2016-06-06T07:25:22.070+0000) > > If you can't lane against somebody just because they have blue, you don't belong at that MMR. Simple as that. > > Knowing how to farm effectively under turret is required anywhere past bronze. If the midlaner doesn't then keep track of their opposing laner when they attempt to roam, that's mid's fault. Still not on the jungler. > > You have a trinket. Use it. If you aren't pushed out, you don't need it to keep track of the enemy jungler. You need it to keep track of your lane opponent. Actually hon, if a buff of : "10% CDR, infinite mana, and 15% bonus AP" doesn't make a lane hard or impossible- you aren't in the right MMR. That, right there, is blue-buff and it decides lanes.
Bhagswag (NA)
: I never take blue as mid. Ever. And I do fine anyways. Blue buff is a crutch.
> [{quoted}](name=Bhagswag,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iIPNQMlP,comment-id=000c0001,timestamp=2016-06-06T22:34:38.957+0000) > > I never take blue as mid. Ever. And I do fine anyways. Blue buff is a crutch. Well, honey, if you and your opponent are both so unskilled that neither can do anything with a lane-breaking buff... then, you're right. Blue buff doesn't do anything spectacular. If you ever try going out of unranked pub normals though, you'll swiftly find out that bluebuff decided lanes against similarly experienced mids. See. When people know how to play, 10% CDR, infinite mana, and 15% bonus AP matters.
Ônyx (NA)
: PSA: As a jungler im NOT obligated to give you my buffs.
PSA: You probably aren't a good jungler if you don't give the mid your second blue. When they lose lane because the other jungler isn't horrible, it's your fault.
: There are three options, Good Health Care, Fast Health Care, and Cheap Health Care, but you can only have two of them. If you want good and fast it won't be cheap, if you want fast and cheap it won't be good, and if you want good and cheap it won't be fast. Canada has a good system that works for a lot of people, but as with everything it is not perfect. People in Canada face the potential of having to sometimes wait longer then they would like, while people in the USA face the issue of not being able to afford the high costs if they are not covered.
> [{quoted}](name=HexaDecimel,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=jZ252xNA,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2016-05-19T13:56:34.185+0000) > > There are three options, Good Health Care, Fast Health Care, and Cheap Health Care, but you can only have two of them. If you want good and fast it won't be cheap, if you want fast and cheap it won't be good, and if you want good and cheap it won't be fast. Canada has a good system that works for a lot of people, but as with everything it is not perfect. People in Canada face the potential of having to sometimes wait longer then they would like, while people in the USA face the issue of not being able to afford the high costs if they are not covered. The additional costs we pay do not make our healthcare any better on average. Our wait periods are also not that fast (you can expect to wait four to six months for an appointment with many things).
Meddler (NA)
: 6.9 balance hotfix going out soon
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xjvV0YeJ,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-05-06T00:17:05.143+0000) > > Vlad: Adding power, mid game especially, and increasing healing from empowered Q, in part to offset E cost > > * Q empowered missing health ratio increased to 4% AP from 2.5% > * E base damage increased to 30-90/60-180 from 30-70/60-140 This is an ineffective change and completely misses the mark. His Q's problem was that Crimson Rush was terrible (<3 seconds to get a cast off after a VFX warning and the 'rush' was a FADING 16 MS) and that E is useless (10% max health, slows him when charged, minion blocked, is interrupted by everything). That's not even touching that his R was nerfed and his W and Q's fluidity were negatively impacted in the dumpstering of the champion. I mean, you even went the extra mile and made his passive worthless... while reducing Q damage by a third (for the <3 second window of crimson rush) and destroying his sustain across the board (20% Spell vamp and old E resulted in MUCH higher healing than the proc system).
Meddler (NA)
: Apologies, that's a poor choice of wording in the patch notes that shouldn't have been used. Leaving Annie's W so that it picked its targets at cast start and affected them at cast end was a deliberate choice for a long period of time, not a bug. We shouldn't be describing it as one as a result and should instead be talking about why how we feel it's appropriate to remove some reliability from Annie.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kEAbOY0F,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-03T20:57:00.470+0000) > > Apologies, that&#x27;s a poor choice of wording in the patch notes that shouldn&#x27;t have been used. Leaving Annie&#x27;s W so that it picked its targets at cast start and affected them at cast end was a deliberate choice for a long period of time, not a bug. We shouldn&#x27;t be describing it as one as a result and should instead be talking about why how we feel it&#x27;s appropriate to remove some reliability from Annie. Just like Morgana's black shield no longer absorbing Ignite was a 'bug' after years? And just so happened to hit on the patch of her first skin release. And wasn't mentioned in the patch notes until the skin buy rush was over. Yeah, still salty over that #*$&.
: New Vlad looks hella fun
The new Vlad is an all around nerf. All of his numbers were butchered and the new E is actually much, much, much weaker than the old one. While the old one wasn't flashy, it wave cleared like a boss and did tons of damage while stacked. Just because a playerbase couldn't use an ability isn't much of an excuse for destroying a champion.
nep2une (NA)
: Chat is considered part of content. Would you rather they immediately banned you with no chat restrictions? ;)
> [{quoted}](name=nep2une,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A2iOEPe1,comment-id=001d0000,timestamp=2016-03-24T12:12:58.981+0000) > > Chat is considered part of content. > Would you rather they immediately banned you with no chat restrictions? > ;) Yes, because that's at least being honest. But, there's already a chat restriction system in place (as you mentioned). That alone should be the tier of punishment, not a matter of random drops.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Tank Fiora is officially dead this patch
The change really isn't that huge, honestly.
: Riot, if youre not going to do something, atleast be honest.
Jo0o (NA)
: Hey Riot, honestly, thanks for the hextech restrictions for non-reformed players. It's a great move.
You shouldn't lose access to a game's content if you're allowed to still play the game. If Riot wants to ban someone? That's fine. But to lessen their rewards for playing is in bad taste. This doesn't personally affect me, but it's still wrong.
: Mid Year Mage Updates - Vladimir Direction
"Unclear windows of power"? When Bronzies don't notice that a wet paper towel will smash him pre six/seven. It's okay to be aggressive before you get your ultimate.
: Your first cs wave is mathematically less than 1% gold income, and exp you will get throughout the match. You are literally saying you are not willing go more than a single percent for your own team member. That's fucked up. A couple seasons ago the LCS had this mindset, but then they figured out that helping a member of the team get ahead, and enabling ganks for early kills MASSIVELY outweighs what you lose in lane because you took 10 seconds of your time to help further the team. Now might I remind you that season 6 is an early game snowball meta, and leashing has never been more emphasized. Getting an early game power spike is the meta at the moment. That's why jungle exp range was tweaked so that you literally have to be right on top of the jungle creep or last hit it to get the exp. In fact there is such a huge emphasis on jungle leashes in the meta right now that the patience meter was added so that leashes can't be TOO ridiculous and set the jungler too far ahead. Your selfish attitude is just that. Selfish. There is no I in Team.
> [{quoted}](name=sgtcarrotop,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lGvgEbAE,comment-id=00470000,timestamp=2016-02-18T14:11:50.030+0000) > > Your first cs wave is mathematically less than 1% gold income, and exp you will get throughout the match. You are literally saying you are not willing go more than a single percent for your own team member. That's fucked up. A couple seasons ago the LCS had this mindset, but then they figured out that helping a member of the team get ahead, and enabling ganks for early kills MASSIVELY outweighs what you lose in lane because you took 10 seconds of your time to help further the team. > > Now might I remind you that season 6 is an early game snowball meta, and leashing has never been more emphasized. Getting an early game power spike is the meta at the moment. That's why jungle exp range was tweaked so that you literally have to be right on top of the jungle creep or last hit it to get the exp. In fact there is such a huge emphasis on jungle leashes in the meta right now that the patience meter was added so that leashes can't be TOO ridiculous and set the jungler too far ahead. > > Your selfish attitude is just that. Selfish. There is no I in Team. CLEARLY, the only time gold is relevant is the % at the end of the game. Look, maybe you don't pay attention to how the game works, but that 1 CS I miss? I'm hitting level 2 slower than the other person by a wave. That's enough to lose a lane. Why would I count on getting ganks from someone who isn't good enough to even pick a viable champion? Sorry, special snowflake. No, that 1 CS is more valuable than an incompetent jungler. Who will probably just feed the enemy when he 'ganks'.
Raoul (EUW)
: For a game company 135.000 is nothing
> [{quoted}](name=Raoul,realm=EUW,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=bRyoEeZB,comment-id=001d0000,timestamp=2016-02-17T10:21:22.925+0000) > > For a game company 135.000 is nothing Point was that a large group of people played Dominion, not that Riot cared or not.
Raoul (EUW)
: "Oh nooooo, Dominion is goneeeeeee. It was totaly my main game mode, I only play LoL because of it!"
By Riot's own numbers, 135,000 people still played Dominion regularly. That's a lot of people. Of course they'd be here to complain.
Bârd (NA)
: PSA: if you have an off meta jungler
I won't give up my first CS for a special snowflake troll-pick. They should be thankful for that one AA
Beldair (NA)
: How are you supposed to manage a baby that unexpectedly wakes up or a random call from Work? Someone would have to be pretty stupid to try to tell someone to manage a baby and a job calling out of the blue.
> [{quoted}](name=Beldair,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OLs6HqhG,comment-id=00030001000000020000,timestamp=2016-02-10T16:18:43.017+0000) > > How are you supposed to manage a baby that unexpectedly wakes up or a random call from Work? > > Someone would have to be pretty stupid to try to tell someone to manage a baby and a job calling out of the blue. If you get SO many that you're leaverbusted (which takes multiple times of being AFK, not two like you claim), then you shouldn't be playing LoL when they could happen. It's simple, I'm not sure why you have trouble understanding that other LoL players don't care about your kid or work. If you leave enough to get leaverbuster, we don't want you as part of the player pool. Do you know the last time I played a real match of LoL? Two weeks ago. With the ones before that being a week or two apart. Why? Because I'm an adult and know, right now in life, I'm liable to be interupted or pulled away because of commitments. So, get this... I just play other games instead of whining about how I have a god-given right of wasting 9 other people's time. Like you are.
Beldair (NA)
: But see the thing is, the one match...i was still in the match just had periods where i had to stop and answer my phone. Life and Work are way more important than this GAME.
> [{quoted}](name=Beldair,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OLs6HqhG,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2016-02-09T16:57:15.844+0000) > > But see the thing is, the one match...i was still in the match just had periods where i had to stop and answer my phone. > > Life and Work are way more important than this GAME. And if you're not responsible enough to manage life and work then you probably shouldn't be playing this GAME. Your inability to keep things in check ruined the time nine other people set aside from THEIR life and work. Someone would have to be pretty selfish to try to justify that.
Beldair (NA)
: I hate the LeaverBuster. I'm having to wait 20 minutes for 4 games just to even que for a match all because i went afk one match (had to leave to take care of a baby) and apparently got reported in another match all because i didn't move for about 5 minutes (got a call from work which was more important than league). The LeagueBuster needs work...there needs to be options where you can safely leave a match if something unexpected comes up. Or ppl just need to cool it with the reports when the person actually explains why they went afk when they come back to the match.
> [{quoted}](name=Beldair,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OLs6HqhG,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-02-09T08:59:14.071+0000) > > I hate the LeaverBuster. I'm having to wait 20 minutes for 4 games just to even que for a match all because i went afk one match (had to leave to take care of a baby) and apparently got reported in another match all because i didn't move for about 5 minutes (got a call from work which was more important than league). The LeagueBuster needs work...there needs to be options where you can safely leave a match if something unexpected comes up. > > Or ppl just need to cool it with the reports when the person actually explains why they went afk when they come back to the match. Working as intended. :D
: Leak of Patch 6.3 found on Garena
What's the excuse for nerfing Poppy despite leaving her with a woefully RNG based passive?
Wygol (EUW)
: @Riot, The Current State of Fiora is not ok.
I'm always impressed how people, even after months, can't learn to reliably deal with a champion who's in a reasonable spot.
: Let's Talk About Juggernaught Fiora Build Please
"HER VITALS DAMAGE IS SO OP" *has build that gives like 90 bonus AD for it to scale on* No, staraks does nothing.
: To those "can't support" "anything but support" "not support" players
If someone is good at every other role then why does it matter? Support players aren't good at every other role, either. But, eh, at least be able to jungle.
: If you want Riot to take you seriously about balance, stop banging your head on a keyboard in anger.
>Don't bang your keyboard in anger. Riot doesn't listen. Please see Cassiopia. >Bang your head on the keyboard. Riot doesn't listen. But at least you feel better.
Forever (NA)
: You can exchange Ravenous Hydra⇔Titanic Hydra, but not Lord Dominik's Regards⇔Mortal Reminder?
Ravenous Hydra and Titantic = Both highly expensive, offensive items that fulfil similar but different niche's. They're so expnesive that they're hardly the best at anything. LW items = Two hard counter picks for different things that would easily allow you to adjust to who's more fed. No
: There's actually an ingenious way to solve the whole FQC and Ap CDR crisis
This doesn't fix it for casters who either A) Don't use mana, B) Aren't mana reliant. They're subpar choices.
: > [{quoted}](name=Baculus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dxhypiQc,comment-id=0003000200000000,timestamp=2016-01-03T04:46:02.122+0000) > > I'm sorry you couldn't cope with actually aiming Yasuo's windwall towards something. I'm sorry that you lack such basic reading comprehension that you don't even know why I think this change is bad. Hint: It's not because he's no longer be able to block spells walling the wrong way.
> [{quoted}](name=Slamurai Jack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dxhypiQc,comment-id=00030002000000000000,timestamp=2016-01-03T10:05:59.405+0000) > > I'm sorry that you lack such basic reading comprehension that you don't even know why I think this change is bad. Hint: It's not because he's no longer be able to block spells walling the wrong way. Originally was going to say something pithy, but, eh. If you're so senile that you've forgotten what you've wrote, no wonder you're set on Yasuo.
: The problem with Cassiopeia indepth by a Cassiopeia Main since release.
For new players, no, Cass mains weren't respected. She was incredibly OP for a season and a pain for everyone. That said, 100% right on the other points.
: I'm sorry you don't want Yasuo to be viable. I rather enjoy having him in the game, personally.
> [{quoted}](name=Slamurai Jack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dxhypiQc,comment-id=000300020000,timestamp=2015-12-31T08:27:40.681+0000) > > I'm sorry you don't want Yasuo to be viable. I rather enjoy having him in the game, personally. I'm sorry you couldn't cope with actually aiming Yasuo's windwall towards something.
: The only problem with this is that he would no longer be able to block projectiles at point blank range. This is extremely significant against champs like {{champion:103}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:4}}{{champion:99}} since they rely on projectile based hard CC for self peel. Being able to block those CC's at a very close range is the only way Yasuo has a chance against these kinds of champions since his only way to deter aggression from them is by attempting an all in. And at that range, with the exception of TF, you pretty much have to windwall predictively because you simply don't have time to react at ranges shorter than 200 units, especially if they're already facing you when they cast the spell.
> [{quoted}](name=Slamurai Jack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dxhypiQc,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-12-30T18:55:35.831+0000) > > The only problem with this is that he would no longer be able to block projectiles at point blank range. This is extremely significant against champs like {{champion:103}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:4}}{{champion:99}} since they rely on projectile based hard CC for self peel. Being able to block those CC's at a very close range is the only way Yasuo has a chance against these kinds of champions since his only way to deter aggression from them is by attempting an all in. And at that range, with the exception of TF, you pretty much have to windwall predictively because you simply don't have time to react at ranges shorter than 200 units, especially if they're already facing you when they cast the spell. That's the point.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hefnd Rikir,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0BNK8hnT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-12-30T22:10:30.976+0000) > > There is literally never a situation for me unless I am malphite or maokai(and even on him it is just meh), where I will get Sunfire over deadmans right now, because sun fire is just, well to put it frankly, bad. Resistances make the dmg almost non-existent, and dead man's gave better stats, and they have similar price tags, I think that sunfire is like 250 cheaper, which does not warrant getting it at all, because deadman's is better on 90% of people who used sunfire cape. Tfw I've been rushing it on mundo every game :/ Am I stupid. Am I...
> [{quoted}](name=DracoMTA,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0BNK8hnT,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-12-30T22:12:17.515+0000) > > Tfw I've been rushing it on mundo every game :/ > > Am I stupid. Am I... No. It's cheaper than deadmans, gives about the same stats, does more damage if you don't need deadman's mobility. For those fussing over "BUT RESISTANCES11!!!", it's true that it'll be cut by a third when you get it. So we're talking... 100 damage over five seconds? That's not bad on top of everything else. Then you figure in what it does for wave clear and the damage it does for teamfights. It's a good pick.
: Idk i feel like Grasp of the Undying is the better choice on Poppy top atm.It keeps you healthy in lane, you can proc it with your empowered auto, and if they go to trade with you its up way more often than thunderlords which means in longer noodle fights youll heal up more than they damage you with Thunderlords. I play her with a very distinct tank style though so different kinks for different peeps. The fact that i go deadmans plate first probably helps my playstyle a bit more than it should.
> [{quoted}](name=WanderingMystic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FeLr5deg,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2015-12-28T21:32:56.778+0000) > > Idk i feel like Grasp of the Undying is the better choice on Poppy top atm.It keeps you healthy in lane, you can proc it with your empowered auto, and if they go to trade with you its up way more often than thunderlords which means in longer noodle fights youll heal up more than they damage you with Thunderlords. I play her with a very distinct tank style though so different kinks for different peeps. The fact that i go deadmans plate first probably helps my playstyle a bit more than it should. It's not. Poppy's style in lane is broken into bursts of harassment when abusing her shield procs, leading to thunderlords being much stronger then. And then even later? Grasp wins out on its own, yes. However, that's not what makes thunderlords great on everyone, at all. It's cunning. Unlike the other trees which have half throwaway points, cunning has great laning talents at nearly every level. 5% bonus damage against low health targets, 1.5% bonus damage when alone, 5% missing health healing to not die to ignite, 3% MS to get back to lane faster, and Precision. What does resolve get you? Nothing of any real value outside of undying. What about offensive? Again, just about nothing besides 3% free damage.
: "your father shouldve worn a condom"
I thought these boards were supposed to be a reddit ripoff, not tumblr.
: Wtf? Kha'zix? You mean poor dumpster bug? Yeah Riot payed attention to him and want to keep a good insect down.
> [{quoted}](name=Belmont Uprising,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EJRHGTlK,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2015-12-23T04:31:23.193+0000) > > Wtf? Kha'zix? You mean poor dumpster bug? Yeah Riot payed attention to him and want to keep a good insect down. I mean the consistently high picked insect throughout the last season. His win rates dropped and he had compensation buffs within two weeks. They're also building a new item for him. So shhhh.
Canastus (NA)
: @Riot - There's something extremely wrong with Cassiopeia.
She's not Zed, Lee-Sin, or Kha'zix. Riot doesn't care.
Show more

Baculus

Level 74 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion