: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Pa7JjW8I,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-29T17:59:52.654+0000) > > Here's a subtle clue as to where I'm from! Hopefully you can figure it out because it's a pretty unknown country! > > https://imgur.com/x357uiW.png?noredirect England colony?
> [{quoted}](name=Chase The Gas,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Pa7JjW8I,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-29T18:04:06.943+0000) > > England colony? Or Israel's beech~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8BwXYp0P2Q
Birdfcker (EUW)
: january 5
> [{quoted}](name=Birdfcker,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FxVBnT9s,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-29T20:38:20.713+0000) > > january (╯`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
Rioter Comments
: Smite is coming to another console yet LoL is still PC-only?
You're just finding bull shit to complain about is how I'm seeing this thread.
: No, gameplay is fairly obvious. People who don't ward, can't secure kills, refuse to help others; that suddenly won't just change because time passes. Bad plays will continue no matter how much time passes.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEEWqA29,comment-id=0015000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-28T18:46:54.677+0000) > > Bad plays will continue no matter how much time passes. More or less. If its a fight I can't see myself winning, I also don't help. Why throw away my scaling with trying to fix their fuck ups, you know?
: I don't think that I'll ever get behind "late game" logic when allies can't even win the early game. If you can't win the early game, you'll probably lose the late game. If you think you can win the late game, you can win the early game which makes late-game playing unnecessary lol
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEEWqA29,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2018-12-28T16:37:35.058+0000) > > I don't think that I'll ever get behind "late game" logic when allies can't even win the early game. If you can't win the early game, you'll probably lose the late game. If you think you can win the late game, you can win the early game which makes late-game playing unnecessary lol No. You never know. The issue is getting to the late game.
: What ruins your gaming experience?
People talking about stalling for the late game, but you can tell they don't know how to stop making mistakes to stall the game out. Like I get that you see a chance that you want to go for it, but 9/10 times it doesn't work out that well cause the guy has his allies behind him in the fog of war which turns the chance into extending the enemy lead.
: how is brand a supp champ?
He can lane bot because enemy Supports suck and can't abuse his squishiness early if he goes in too hard for a poke lvl1-3. Most of the time I'm playing ADC, my Support is afk/dumb and won't help contest/zone for lvl and shove advantage. ADC mains know what I'm talking about when I say 1v2. When I'm playing Support and I just let the Brand walk up to harass with his W without me applying pressure to counter it, I want my ADC to lose. One of Brand's weakness in mid lane is the fact that he has to choose between wave clear or harass when using his w and e. Since ADC last hits, he doesn't really have this problem cause back in Season 3 when I played Ahri, you know when you're vs Sux, you make her choose between harassing you to farming with her E by not standing next to your minions and getting boots to dodge her q (you try to avoid getting harass and letting her shove with E at the same time). Overall, Brand isn't that great vs long range poke type mages who will just farm and shove to scale until mid/late game where they can weaken the enemy team before an all in. Brand is more of a burst mage that is better than poke type mages such as Xerath or Lux vs gap closers. This means if you shove the Brand in as you're suppose to do as an ADC + Support (can't just be ADC alone), Brand Support shouldn't be much of a problem as he won't be able to deny you CS. Also, when ganking, kill the AP Support first cause Brand and Annie will go 1-4-1 if you let them get off their skill rotations especially after 6.
: pick my mid main
Birdfcker (EUW)
: ping from euw to na isn't too bad and the euw server sucks due to all the turkish/french players in the server making it incredible toxic
> [{quoted}](name=Birdfcker,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XVlE4r0x,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-26T20:00:12.381+0000) > > ping from euw to na isn't too bad and the euw server sucks due to all the turkish/french players in the server making it incredible toxic Well no offense, but I find that you EUW players are making NA server more toxic with your meta play styles. This is NA: We don't do meta; we do random.
: I cell phones for a living right now, and here's some advice: holidays are the best time to get good phones at great value. Most places will also offer you in-store credit. This means that if you don't want to spend it all on cases and phone accessories, you should go to a realtor that sells phones instead of a kiosk. However, kiosks usually have better closing deals for making sales. Right now where I work, you can get an S8 for 0 dollars paying 50-55 CAD a month. It also comes with 150 ISC. iphone X's and note 9's going for 0 dollars on a 70-75 plan and iphone 8's are 0 on 60-65 with 250 ISC. Basically, go shop around and figure out what the best thing they can do for you is and dobt be afraid to haggle with otherprices you've been offered. Everyone here is talking about the Xia, but Huawei is extremely competitive and their P20 pro has the best camera a phone could have also going 0 on 55. It's insane.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=APPiG5bt,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-25T23:43:43.130+0000) > > Everyone here is talking about the Xia, but Huawei is extremely competitive and their P20 pro has the best camera a phone could have also going 0 on 55. It's insane. They're banned in the U.S. and other western countries are being forced to ban their products under security concerns.
: Buying my first smartphone looking for any advice
@$400 I recommend Xiaomi. Not only is it 1/2 the price of the iPhone X (last I checked it dropped to a bit over $700 when compared with Google Pixel 3 which is a drop from when it was over $1200), its also faster. The profit margins and target markets of Apple are different from Xiaomi/Huawei. When it comes to RL, I try not to take advantage of others and only hope that others don't take advantage of me. Good luck and have a Merry Christmas. https://www.gadgetsnow.com/compare-mobile-phones/Apple-iPhone-X-vs-Google-Pixel-2-vs-Xiaomi-Mi-A1
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mcAnqL7s,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-25T19:40:13.903+0000) > > Merry Christmas > > I take it you've yet to see her true form in the 2nd season of the Overlord anime. Are you assuming I would dislike Entoma? She is a perfect cinnamon roll. https://i.imgur.com/hDa2Tk6.png[/img] also I want to state for reference just the pictures I posted in OP already include her eating a human hand so it seems weird to assume I haven't seen her actual form. especially since Entoma only really shows up in the 2nd season/light novels 4-6 and her true form is part of that
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mcAnqL7s,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-12-25T20:32:24.225+0000) > > Are you assuming I would dislike Entoma? She is a perfect cinnamon roll. > > https://i.imgur.com/hDa2Tk6.png[/img] > > also I want to state for reference just the pictures I posted in OP already include her eating a human hand so it seems weird to assume I haven't seen her actual form. especially since Entoma only really shows up in the 2nd season/light novels 4-6 and her true form is part of that Thrown off by the first image. Any good animes that finished recently that's worth watching? I've only been following: Baki Sword Art Online: Alicization To Aru Maijutsu No Index III Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi Looking for a 5th now that RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida has finished. Otherwise I'll just finish watching the remaining two Detective K comedy movies from South Korea I've yet to finish.
: Merry Christmas Here's a Smug Bug
Merry Christmas I take it you've yet to see her true form in the 2nd season of the Overlord anime.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=519FhpI4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-25T03:54:02.607+0000) > > Right on time for Christmas {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Yea! It even came a day early! Rito is great with that stuff {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
> [{quoted}](name=DeracadaVenom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=519FhpI4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-25T05:02:28.502+0000) > > Yea! It even came a day early! Rito is great with that stuff {{sticker:sg-kiko}} I don't know about associating Rito with "great." Looking through their merchandise, they've definitely stepped up their game so I'll say they've improved. I wish you a happy holiday season {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
: Got my Zoe XL figure today!
Right on time for Christmas {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Rioter Comments
Rαy (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BzTJ9quI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-15T23:57:10.676+0000) > > What are you talking about? On the other thread, scrubs were whining about asian players from asia pub stomping noobs on NA with 200ping. There were even posts fantasizing about the demise of China. > > Like you do realize that the complaint about designing this game around Chinese players whom they accuse of being the ones pushing for faster pace and one shot meta is racist. Ironically, these are the same people who put URF on high esteem even though it is faster pace. > > There's a cartoon drawn a few years ago about how game developer companies shouldn't cater to the NA player base as they are depicted as whiny children crying to their mom in the supermarket.** These people just want someone to blame for their own misery.** Are you drunk?
> [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BzTJ9quI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-16T03:24:51.402+0000) > > Are you drunk? https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/iEBklaWn-china-banned-league?show=flat&comment=000a > [{quoted}](name=AttackOnTeemos,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-12-13T20:19:35.225+0000) > > I'm sorry but there is no real lost there, China has been stealing games forever they can get butthurt and block games all day but it's actually helping us more then them. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/iEBklaWn-china-banned-league?show=flat&comment=0012 > [{quoted}](name=Resolution,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2018-12-13T20:53:05.648+0000) > > That awkward moment when Riot altered gameplay to cater the Asian marketplace... alienating all their old players in the process. > > Now NA is the smallest region and you might lose China as well. Congrats Rito, you played yourselves. > > {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/iEBklaWn-china-banned-league?show=flat&comment=0017 > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-12-13T21:34:17.265+0000) > > Do you want a revolution China? Cause that's how you get a revolution. Do you know how many posts were deleted in that thread alone? Even rujitra, the guy whom we let talk about touching other men's balls on GD the other night, had his posts deleted. And, all this was from fake news about China banning LoL? I stand by my assessment.
Ceazaru (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Ceazaru,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vwEe632G,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2018-12-15T23:45:41.838+0000) > > I love how you just accused someone being alt right just because they’re anti socialist. Political nuances are so undervalued today. Next you’ll be calling people Nazis. You're not Alt-Right. There would be ethnicity involved in your argument if you were.
Lenn (NA)
: I dont think anyone is directing hate at the general chinese populace but more so towards the chinese government (and justifiably so) for expecting censorship on this level
> [{quoted}](name=Lenn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BzTJ9quI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-15T21:51:39.519+0000) > > I dont think anyone is directing hate at the general chinese populace but more so towards the chinese government (and justifiably so) for expecting censorship on this level What are you talking about? On the other thread, scrubs were whining about asian players from asia pub stomping noobs on NA with 200ping. There were even posts fantasizing about the demise of China. Like you do realize that the complaint about designing this game around Chinese players whom they accuse of being the ones pushing for faster pace and one shot meta is racist. Ironically, these are the same people who put URF on high esteem even though it is faster pace. There's a cartoon drawn a few years ago about how game developer companies shouldn't cater to the NA player base as they are depicted as whiny children crying to their mom in the supermarket.** These people just want someone to blame for their own misery.**
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6z34EdE0,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-15T17:40:35.270+0000) > > I don't understand how it would be considered censored. isn't his face like "veigar'd" still? or was his current for enough?
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6z34EdE0,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-15T17:54:44.240+0000) > > isn't his face like "veigar'd" still? or was his current for enough? You're being very broad. Can you be more specific? There's been LoL in China for almost a decade now. The only reason I can think of as to why they would introduce more regulations would be if they're preparing to allow more foreign companies access into their markets. Its likely not meant to target LoL specifically, but it got hit in the crossfire as you have to be fair. Ultimately, I don't see LoL being banned in China. But, reading through the comments, you'll notice theres a few people on here with rather extremist views on things.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6z34EdE0,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-15T16:20:35.529+0000) > > I actually like the Karthus changes {{sticker:sg-soraka}} > > http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/06/patch-49-karthus-visual-update.html same but isn't he still censored though? at the very least his reaper skin probably is.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6z34EdE0,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-15T17:13:15.066+0000) > > same but isn't he still censored though? at the very least his reaper skin probably is. I don't understand how it would be considered censored.
: WTF happened to this game in the last 18 months?
Since the meta was solidified, ADCs are and always have been designed to kill late game Tanks. When people do not know how to play Tanks, they stopped playing Tanks, and so there is no real need for ADCs. Double APs are about bursting the enemy squisshies fast, then kiting back until CDs come up in a 5v4. If you burst down the enemy ADC while they're only on 3 items i.e. IE + RFC + IR before they can do 6 hits in 4-5seconds while kiting back, you out damage them.
Zac x Me (NA)
: Like they don't already. See Karthus and other changes like just utter lmao.
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6z34EdE0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-14T18:45:25.997+0000) > > Like they don't already. > See Karthus and other changes like just utter lmao. I actually like the Karthus changes {{sticker:sg-soraka}} http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/06/patch-49-karthus-visual-update.html
12Spoons (EUW)
: Stupid.
> [{quoted}](name=12Spoons,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7GjzkncV,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-15T15:53:14.112+0000) > > ... I'm getting the hell out of this community before I become stupid. I applaud your wonderful decision {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
: I'm bored and like teaching people math
Count Calculus, you're being too nice. You're either a girl studying for her PhD in physics, a homosexual, or worst a furry. Please up your toxicity on the G boards in the future.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ozzie Storm,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Jusc2O1i,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-13T00:27:09.720+0000) > > might not be the best place for asking for professional help but here goes nothing. Studying Civil Enginering; Architecture division which basically means a TON of math, physics with some other subjects and sketching sprinkled into the program. > Lest just say i've been doing very badly in the math/ physics part aka 90% of the program. > > My question is does the subjects taken in the program mirror what the everyday job is like? Or are these just subjects i get out of the way to get the degree and the work itself is a whole other story? I can awnser that, as I have a BS in Civil Engineering and in Architectural Engineering, working on my PE. The basic awnser is no, you will never need to do a complex "physics or math" problem as your designing tool or programs do those for you, BUT you will need to understand how and why it comes to those conclusions as that will help you continue your design/project and will help you understand why the plans are the way they are, or why certain things are done in the way they r. So basicly no you dont use it much, but you need to understand it. As far as getting better at it, all I can say is try to spend more time practicing, find a study group, talk to your professor/teacher, go to the classes study hrs, do extra problems on the home work....ect...ect. I was the exact same way but with chemistry/biology classes, I spent a good 50% of my free time going to study halls, talking with my TA and doing extra home work to get a better understand.
> [{quoted}](name=Romans VI XXIII,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Jusc2O1i,comment-id=00030003,timestamp=2018-12-13T16:08:08.182+0000) > > ... working on my PE... Same boat. Last I checked, the standard was Revit2.0 The problem is that the dude is from EU. Depending on the country, he may be subjected to different codes and regulations than we are. Although to be fair, a lot of state/city building codes are simply a copy and paste of the international one or they copy us with some numbers changed here and there depending on what you're working with. Personally, I'd argue U.S. > EU, but... I might be bias. Just a little bit.
: > [{quoted}](name=dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Jusc2O1i,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-13T00:09:19.800+0000) > > What are the best pizza toppings? Not pineapple.
> [{quoted}](name=Count Calculus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Jusc2O1i,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-13T00:12:47.154+0000) > > Not pineapple. HOLY SHIT! You are a genius!{{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
AIIan (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=00000000000000000002,timestamp=2018-12-13T20:29:39.734+0000) > > In this case, they were right to doubt. > > [The Reddit post that the Fox News article lists as a source](https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/a4w3ux/chinas_ethics_board_reviews_20_popular_online/) doesn't list League of Legends as being banned. Nor was Overwatch banned. Fortnite and PUBG were banned, but not League and Overwatch. They were told to take "corrective action" but were not banned. That alone makes half of the first sentence of the Fox News article a lie. > > https://i0.wp.com/thats-normal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/i-dont-trust-you-stuff-like-that-gives-me-trust-issues.gif Don't be That Guy. What's League going to do ? "Inharmonious Chatrooms" ? Meme all you want about LoL's toxicity, Riot Games might be the company most involved with moderating its game chat in the entire world. Aside from turning the chat into Hearthstone, you can't put that to the next level. "Women that reveal too much" ? There's at least a dozen female champions that relies entirely on their light-on-clothing look as their visual identity (Janna, Akali and Kai'Sa for the starter pack). Complying with this would mean redesigning them and all their skins entirely. Complete VU for a dozen champions. What time do they have to do those corrections ? Because in Riot's cases, that means spending an inordinate amount of resources for a good year at least to 'fix' their game. And that's assuming they're going to comply - Riot Games might not bend even if Tencent tries to kneecap them into submission. LoL IS banned in China now. It's just a delayed ban - and while Fox News jumped the gun here, there's no way around that fact.
> [{quoted}](name=AIIan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=000000000000000000020000,timestamp=2018-12-14T08:21:51.322+0000) > > LoL IS banned in China now. It's just a delayed ban - and while Fox News jumped the gun here, there's no way around that fact. I'll claim all your souls if LoL doesn't get banned in China by the end of the 2018 year{{champion:412}} But, if it does, I'll gift you $20 of RP{{champion:41}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WcI3Ejtf,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-12-14T05:08:31.962+0000) > > The question that really needs to be asked is how the hell did someone like this even get to be the COO of Riot Games? I have an idea based on past news related to Riot Games, but a COO position? Damn~! Because he's an incredibly skilled software engineer who is one of the reasons this game exists. Whether or not he's a dick is kind of irrelevant. Riot has to weigh the evidence vs the overall impact of this story, and I'm not going to lie this looks like something that if future allegations die down the whole story will too. Welcome to reality, where when you have a useful skillset to a company you won't be easily fired.
> [{quoted}](name=Éve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WcI3Ejtf,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-12-14T05:32:13.220+0000) > > Because he's an incredibly skilled software engineer who is one of the reasons this game exists. Whether or not he's a dick is kind of irrelevant. Riot has to weigh the evidence vs the overall impact of this story, and I'm not going to lie this looks like something that if future allegations die down the whole story will too. > > Welcome to reality, where when you have a useful skillset to a company you won't be easily fired. https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottyg Checked his LinkedIn. Oh wow, you're right. Reading through his experiences, I have a lot of respect for this guy. He probably is an irreplaceably software engineer for Riot. If I was Riot, I'd pay off the victims, have him apologize, and then seek help regarding his behavior. I think hes like 40yrs old. Should probably not be grabbing other people's balls as a joke. For 20 something year old guys having a 40yr old man who's their boss grabbing their balls while claiming it as a joke would feel kind of... Disturbing... Very disturbing.
: {{champion:412}} ADC positioned like a completely idiot? just throw out W! Trying to jump onto someone? E into Q, free kill! Accidentally slightly mispositioned in laning phase? You just got chunked for 130 damage from a single undodgeable auto from a support! And you can bet that your ADC can't position for shit and will eat every single hook that thresh throws out as well. Plus, you'll see him in at least 30% of your games unless you ban him. He's not the worst, but god he's so frequent and so annoying.
> [{quoted}](name=Marshbouy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5kEkM1La,comment-id=001d,timestamp=2018-12-13T16:26:46.275+0000) > > {{champion:412}} ADC positioned like a completely idiot? just throw out W! Trying to jump onto someone? E into Q, free kill! Accidentally slightly mispositioned in laning phase? You just got chunked for 130 damage from a single undodgeable auto from a support! > > And you can bet that your ADC can't position for shit and will eat every single hook that thresh throws out as well. Plus, you'll see him in at least 30% of your games unless you ban him. > > He's not the worst, but god he's so frequent and so annoying. What you're saying is so true for low ELO players. When he first came out, I knew I had to shove for there to be creep block vs his Q for lvls 1-3. As a Leona main, I never wanted to reset wave towards the middle of the lane until I'm like lvl4 when I can out trade a Thresh + ADC with my ADC, but I needed that "straight line" as opposed to the "parallel line" which risks them turning on my ADC.
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WcI3Ejtf,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-14T04:58:27.491+0000) > > Has he been charged with a crime? > > This is California. If there was a crime, or even a hint that one may have been committed, Riot HR would've had to report it to police for investigation and prosecution. > > He hasn't been charged with a crime. Thus it is virtually certain none was committed. Bro why are you defending the ball tickler? Are you him, or are you concerned about your own right to tickle people's balls at work?
> [{quoted}](name=hoshizuku,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WcI3Ejtf,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-14T05:06:05.324+0000) > > Bro why are you defending the ball tickler? Are you him, or are you concerned about your own right to tickle people's balls at work? Took the words right out of my mouth +1 {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Top Riot Executive Suspended Without Pay Following Investigation Over Workplace Misconduct
The question that really needs to be asked is how the hell did someone like this even get to be the COO of Riot Games? I have an idea based on past news related to Riot Games, but a COO position? Damn~!
Seen (NA)
: This is Veronica, I left you because you slept during my brother's ball game, you made me pay for all the bills while we're living together while I'm working twelve hours shifts so we don't get evicted. Not to mention when we duo, your cs was horrible, I mean 80 cs at 20 minutes? You flame, you feed, you blame me for getting caught out. I'm sorry but I can't deal with the extra baggage to carry. You can't even take out the trash properly because every time you say you do, I see you coming back. I'm glad I left you, right now I'm dating a guy who is not only handsome, but funny as well. He helps will paying the bills, housework, and is a less toxic player than you when we duo. Within a week, he got me to plat and I'm sure when the season starts he can get both of us to diamond. By the way, he's bigger than you down there too.
> [{quoted}](name=Seen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IpZXwlEp,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-12-13T18:29:04.914+0000) > > This is Veronica, I left you because you slept during my brother's ball game, you made me pay for all the bills while we're living together while I'm working twelve hours shifts so we don't get evicted. Not to mention when we duo, your cs was horrible, I mean 80 cs at 20 minutes? You flame, you feed, you blame me for getting caught out. I'm sorry but I can't deal with the extra baggage to carry. You can't even take out the trash properly because every time you say you do, I see you coming back. > > I'm glad I left you, right now I'm dating a guy who is not only handsome, but funny as well. He helps will paying the bills, housework, and is a less toxic player than you when we duo. Within a week, he got me to plat and I'm sure when the season starts he can get both of us to diamond. By the way, he's bigger than you down there too. Veronica, this is your brother. Him sleeping through my game wasn't the problem. The problem was you actually bringing him to my game. I had to tell my friends you were doing community service to help the mentally challenged when they asked what my sister was doing being with him. Both mom and I are glad you found someone better. Just don't ever mention you were ever with him.
CLG ear (NA)
: i dont play the game anymore but when I did I was pissed that riot forced all the chinese skins onto NA servers, especially when the NA skin art was far superior to the Chinese
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=0024,timestamp=2018-12-14T01:43:10.027+0000) > > ... NA skin art was far superior to the Chinese LMFAO
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=apxl8KJ9,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-12-13T18:13:28.061+0000) > > The brother is saying that his younger brother has been telling him his side of the story that his wife was the one in the wrong... Its always the woman's fault with these things... Even if she was 4months pregnant with their 3rd child. Come on, if it really was an abusive relationship for 5yrs straight where he couldn't leave cause of the children, who are 3yr and 1.5yrs old, he'd of left before he had children with her - like 2yrs prior to their first child. > > You're trying to enable such acts of violence. Imagine if it was your father hitting your mother while you were still in the womb. He not only endangers the wife, but the child's. > > P.S. I'm Pro-Life and I don't care how EUW people view our American stance on this. > > https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mrdeadmoth-arrested-fortnite-gamer-luke-munday-assaulting-wife-2018-12-10/ > https://heavy.com/news/2018/12/mrdeadmoth-luke-james-munday/ - doesn't look like he really cares about the children to me I myself was "friends" with a manipulative girl that told lies 24/7. She managed to convince her father that her ex-boyfriend raped her although he never did. When I found out she never did I cut contact. After she realized I am ignoring her...guess what she did? Right, she reported I had insulted her. I got a letter from the police. My mother was FURIOUS until I explained to her what happened. She then agreed with me that this girl is completely nuts and helped me with the letter I had to send back to the police. Fun fact: In that evening she claimed I would have harassed and insulted her I was with several friends and we played some League. Problem is that it's not that easy here as it is in the US to ruin someone's life through false accusations. So in the end she was the one who lost almost all her friends over some false accusation against those she called her friends. Later I heard that it wasn't the first time she did that. Do not blindly believe other people, even when you think you are close to them and they "would never lie to you"
> [{quoted}](name=Stardûst,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=apxl8KJ9,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-12-13T18:33:51.135+0000) > > I myself was "friends" with a manipulative girl that told lies 24/7. She managed to convince her father that her ex-boyfriend raped her although he never did. When I found out she never did I cut contact. After she realized I am ignoring her...guess what she did? Right, she reported I had insulted her. I got a letter from the police. My mother was FURIOUS until I explained to her what happened. She then agreed with me that this girl is completely nuts and helped me with the letter I had to send back to the police. > Fun fact: In that evening she claimed I would have harassed and insulted her I was with several friends and we played some League. > Problem is that it's not that easy here as it is in the US to ruin someone's life through false accusations. > So in the end she was the one who lost almost all her friends over some false accusation against those she called her friends. > Later I heard that it wasn't the first time she did that. > > Do not blindly believe other people, even when you think you are close to them and they "would never lie to you" Good for you. Did you also marry her and have 2 kids with a 3rd on the way throughout a 5yr relationship? I'm not stupid enough to blindly believe someone just because of their gender hence why I pointed out the issues being faced by Korean Men by fake news spread by extreme feminist groups such as WOMAD and Megalia (who argue for the death of all adult males and view male kids as "fun objects"). But, the video clearly showed domestic violence. In another clip, you see him telling her daughter "Ana shut up [C-word]. Don't fucking give me that attitude, Anabel." And, I'm just like, "what attitude?" All she was doing was trying to get his attention, calling him "dadda." So that's verbal abuse and neglect. Be careful. Being subconsciously bias risks further enabling such criminal behavior. This is why juries are not allowed to talk to criminals as they might develop a bias in their favor based on their interaction.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M9PbVo3t,comment-id=00020000000000000000000700000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-13T16:29:16.127+0000) > > The right way? Oh~ Mr. Structured Coding Boi got called out as being incompetent and not knowing whats a comment/notes in a program that they teach you in introductory courses so now hes swapping his stance cause he can't hold his ground in an argument. I stand by my stance that coders are allowed to code however they want so long as it works. > > You're now throwing gibberish and nonsense to hide your incompetence. Again, I don't even code for a living and even I have a better grasp on it than you guys right now if I'm basing off of what you guys have written. All you've been doing is arguing that structured coding is the only way for people to code and calling all other forms of coding to be inferior. I find that very offensive which is why I stand up for what and who i chose to stood up for, but **how about you guys put up and present a fix to the bugs Mordekaiser faces rather than continuing to talk shit about Riot's software engineers without any understanding of the challenges they face.** Cause, obviously, you've been doing nothing, but argue you're superior coders only due to the fact that you prefer to write in a structured format. if you do that, I'll shut up about this cause theres no money in this for me - I'm doing this simply cause I'm a good person. > > Edit: I'd trash talk harder if the mods weren't so strict. What the hell are you even talking about with comments? I did not mention comments. That's not to say I don't know what they are or how they're supposed to be used, but you throwing a "//" into one of your posts as if it means anything in the context of an argument is just stupid. I don't feel bad or stupid for not addressing it when there was no reason to, you just threw it in there because ya though it made you look at least somewhat knowledgeable. You claim to be fighting on the side of Riot's software engineers- and claim that I'm shit-talking them- when I have said _nothing derogatory about them._ You are purposely shifting focus away from the _actual_ talking point, that being whether or not poorly structured code is acceptable. I'd love to give you a fix for Morde's bugs, but sadly, I'm employed elsewhere and Riot won't let me see the code behind him because of it. I did not come here to bash Riot devs, I came here to _explicitly tell you that you are an idiot if you think writing poorly structured code into large-scale production projects is, in any form, acceptable._ And I really don't give a rat's ass how much you do or don't trash talk me or my ability to code. I'm confident in my abilities, and the flame of an internet random on a board is not going to challenge that, especially when they've never seen my work or worked with me. I will not be posting further replies. Refer to the final italic line above for my stance _on spaghetti code_, and don't try and frame me as a dev basher when it is not my intention or what I am doing.
> [{quoted}](name=Ainz Ooal Gainz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M9PbVo3t,comment-id=000200000000000000000007000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-13T21:22:39.804+0000) > > What the hell are you even talking about with comments? I did not mention comments. That's not to say I don't know what they are or how they're supposed to be used, but you throwing a "//" into one of your posts as if it means anything in the context of an argument is just stupid. I don't feel bad or stupid for not addressing it when there was no reason to, you just threw it in there because ya though it made you look at least somewhat knowledgeable. You claim to be fighting on the side of Riot's software engineers- and claim that I'm shit-talking them- when I have said _nothing derogatory about them._ You are purposely shifting focus away from the _actual_ talking point, that being whether or not poorly structured code is acceptable. I'd love to give you a fix for Morde's bugs, but sadly, I'm employed elsewhere and Riot won't let me see the code behind him because of it. I did not come here to bash Riot devs, I came here to _explicitly tell you that you are an idiot if you think writing poorly structured code into large-scale production projects is, in any form, acceptable._ > > And I really don't give a rat's ass how much you do or don't trash talk me or my ability to code. I'm confident in my abilities, and the flame of an internet random on a board is not going to challenge that, especially when they've never seen my work or worked with me. I will not be posting further replies. Refer to the final italic line above for my stance _on spaghetti code_, and don't try and frame me as a dev basher when it is not my intention or what I am doing. Dude you presented issues which are easily overcome by adding comments in the program so you don't know what comments are. "//" is an example. I could have used "/*" instead. Its obvious YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CODING CAUSE THIS IS SO FUCKING BASIC! I'm explicitly pointing out that you and KFC over there are assholes and why you're incompetent lying assholes. People who are good at coding also know you're assholes who don't know anything about modern software engineering. Here's a hint: its more complex than the basic questions they ask you in a google interview that anybody with some understanding of high-No! Middle school mathematics can do. MIDDLE SCHOOL CHILDREN ARE SMARTER THAN YOU! And, here's the thing. I told you already that I don't care to see your work (Hello World - "structured edition") and I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR MESS if I'm to ever work on any project with you. Cause I can already tell, you're the types of person who can't produce anything properly, but **WILL YELL** at others to do so while being the overconfident egotistical crazy asshole that you are, Mr. Structured Coding Boi. I reiterate. There's nothing wrong with spaghetti code as long as it works.
: https://youtu.be/-9HPb8Um5B4 Just leaving this here Have a nice day
> [{quoted}](name=Stardûst,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=apxl8KJ9,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-13T17:54:39.760+0000) > > https://youtu.be/-9HPb8Um5B4 > > Just leaving this here > > Have a nice day The brother is saying that his younger brother has been telling him his side of the story that his wife was the one in the wrong... Its always the woman's fault with these things... Even if she was 4months pregnant with their 3rd child. Come on, if it really was an abusive relationship for 5yrs straight where he couldn't leave cause of the children, who are 3yr and 1.5yrs old, he'd of left before he had children with her - like 2yrs prior to their first child. You're trying to enable such acts of violence. Imagine if it was your father hitting your mother while you were still in the womb. He not only endangers the wife, but the child's. P.S. I'm Pro-Life and I don't care how EUW people view our American stance on this. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mrdeadmoth-arrested-fortnite-gamer-luke-munday-assaulting-wife-2018-12-10/ https://heavy.com/news/2018/12/mrdeadmoth-luke-james-munday/ - doesn't look like he really cares about the children to me Edit: Shit, no wonder the interview process for some companies is the way it is. He actually passed his interview and ended up getting a rather good job by talking about his childhood and desire to be a good father when in reality, he is a POS.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M9PbVo3t,comment-id=000200000000000000000007000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-12T23:08:11.034+0000) > > "//" > > If I ever have to code for a living, I refuse to ever have to work in a team with people like you. Much rather starve than clean up after your mess. If anyone would be leaving a message to clean up, it'd be you, given your attitude toward coding things the right way. I like your quick jump to ad hominem once I pointed out why your self-exempting attitude is absurd, by the way. Really drives home the point that you don't know what you're talking about.
> [{quoted}](name=Ainz Ooal Gainz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M9PbVo3t,comment-id=0002000000000000000000070000000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-13T14:11:34.459+0000) > > If anyone would be leaving a message to clean up, it'd be you, given your attitude toward coding things the right way. I like your quick jump to ad hominem once I pointed out why your self-exempting attitude is absurd, by the way. Really drives home the point that you don't know what you're talking about. The right way? Oh~ Mr. Structured Coding Boi got called out as being incompetent and not knowing whats a comment/notes in a program that they teach you in introductory courses so now hes swapping his stance cause he can't hold his ground in an argument. I stand by my stance that coders are allowed to code however they want so long as it works. You're now throwing gibberish and nonsense to hide your incompetence. Again, I don't even code for a living and even I have a better grasp on it than you guys right now if I'm basing off of what you guys have written. All you've been doing is arguing that structured coding is the only way for people to code and calling all other forms of coding to be inferior. I find that very offensive which is why I stand up for what and who i chose to stood up for, but **how about you guys put up and present a fix to the bugs Mordekaiser faces rather than continuing to talk shit about Riot's software engineers without any understanding of the challenges they face.** Cause, obviously, you've been doing nothing, but argue you're superior coders only due to the fact that you prefer to write in a structured format. if you do that, I'll shut up about this cause theres no money in this for me - I'm doing this simply cause I'm a good person. Edit: I'd trash talk harder if the mods weren't so strict.
: The comments on that vid make it sound like the woman was acting aggressively and throwing crap at that dude before his outburst. No excuse for that kind of shit, mind you... but who I feel for most is that kid you can hear in the background... stuck in what is clearly some sort of horrible, abusive household. Sad.
> [{quoted}](name=The Whamboozler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=apxl8KJ9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-13T11:26:01.887+0000) > > The comments on that vid make it sound like the woman was acting aggressively and throwing crap at that dude before his outburst. No excuse for that kind of shit, mind you... but who I feel for most is that kid you can hear in the background... stuck in what is clearly some sort of horrible, abusive household. Sad. Didn't see any blunt object being thrown. What it did sound like was the wife trying to defend herself while protecting whatever is left of her self-respect and dignity after marrying this loser. Sadly, she is just another statistic. There are many like her even in the U.S.
Xonndar (EUNE)
: "They did it for the same reason they don't allow political discussions." That's not true come on, they allow "political discussions" every day on this forum .. they did it cuz they didn't want the bad publicity + they were defending a colleague.
> [{quoted}](name=Xonndar,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3Pdb6Jj7,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-12-13T11:17:27.050+0000) > > ... they were defending a colleague. That's fine.
: URF: The Discussion
But, then, what will they do come April Fools?
Xonndar (EUNE)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Xonndar,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3Pdb6Jj7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-12T17:49:33.698+0000) > > daniel z klein=the typical riot games employee, especially the forum moderators (remember when they were deleting every comment related to daniel z klein ?! disgusting) They did it for the same reason they don't allow political discussions.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Well why doesn't she just leave him alone? Like, forever.
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=apxl8KJ9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-13T10:50:34.847+0000) > > Well why doesn't she just leave him alone? > Like, forever. Something tells me this has happened many times before based on his words and the way he looks (complete psychopath). If not against her, then against someone else. She is simply another victim who chose to marry him and have 2 kids with a 3rd on the way. If I was her father...
: So according to Riot Blaustoise, Zed's gonna be getting a mini update soon... but there's a twist
{{champion:238}} {{champion:134} Flips a table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) Flips more tables (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) Flips all the tables .┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻ Mods: Put the tables back ( ゚-゚) (´・_・`)┬──┬ NOOOO! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M9PbVo3t,comment-id=0002000000000000000000070000,timestamp=2018-12-12T01:13:23.017+0000) > > No, you're refusing to acknowledge my points and regurgitating the same argument against it that they teach in introductory computer science. Again, I reiterate, not all brains function the same way. I addressed your points. They are invalid, as I said. There is no excuse to write poorly organized, unintelligible code. Your theory that it is okay is founded on two incorrect assumptions: one, that you will be the only one working on the code, and two, that you will always remember how it works and how it is written. What if someone who is used to rigorous standards comes in to work on the codebase? What if you come back after a year and have no idea what you're dealing with, how it is written, et cetera? Poorly organized code, even if it looks to be 'working', obfuscates bugs and makes extensibility and reusability extremely difficult. I don't care if, from your perspective, it is easier to work by disregarding certain practices and doing things your own way. In the world of open-source projects, standards and best practices are the only things making sure that said projects remain functional and useful. These rules must be followed for the good of a project, and the notion that I should have to justify why you are not exempt from that signifies that you lack either experience in the field or appreciation for what experience you do have. So, fine. If you are going to exclusively work on small projects that are you and only you, do what you want, but don't expect to contribute to something larger and have that attitude fly.
> [{quoted}](name=Ainz Ooal Gainz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M9PbVo3t,comment-id=00020000000000000000000700000001,timestamp=2018-12-12T15:17:25.691+0000) > > I addressed your points. They are invalid, as I said. There is no excuse to write poorly organized, unintelligible code. Your theory that it is okay is founded on two incorrect assumptions: one, that you will be the only one working on the code, and two, that you will always remember how it works and how it is written. What if someone who is used to rigorous standards comes in to work on the codebase? What if you come back after a year and have no idea what you're dealing with, how it is written, et cetera? Poorly organized code, even if it looks to be 'working', obfuscates bugs and makes extensibility and reusability extremely difficult. I don't care if, from your perspective, it is easier to work by disregarding certain practices and doing things your own way. In the world of open-source projects, standards and best practices are the only things making sure that said projects remain functional and useful. These rules must be followed for the good of a project, and the notion that I should have to justify why you are not exempt from that signifies that you lack either experience in the field or appreciation for what experience you do have. So, fine. If you are going to exclusively work on small projects that are you and only you, do what you want, but don't expect to contribute to something larger and have that attitude fly. "//" If I ever have to code for a living, I refuse to ever have to work in a team with people like you. Much rather starve than clean up after your mess.
: > [{quoted}](name=Breezy Boyy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Giz8aQ5f,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-12T00:56:10.865+0000) > > Yeah, 0/5/32. > > First of all, I'm a support, I'm not supposed to have kills to begin with. > > Secondly, I'm a {{champion:40}}, one of the least kill oriented champions in the game. > > Keep talking, please. > > {{sticker:sg-syndra}} Can’t say I don’t agree with you but people always say that there’s an ADC circle jerk on the boards, but the fact that I see a post like this one in every 10 makes me feel like there’s a support one not an adc one
> [{quoted}](name=EricPelletier,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Giz8aQ5f,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-12-12T03:53:43.189+0000) > > Can’t say I don’t agree with you but > > people always say that there’s an ADC circle jerk on the boards, but the fact that I see a post like this one in every 10 makes me feel like there’s a support one not an adc one I used to be a Gold V Support main for 7 seasons. Then I swapped to ADC and HOLY SHIT PLAT IS EASY~! I don't even consider myself a good ADC, but man is it easier to carry. When people found out, ADCs learned to stop tooting their own horn as they have the easiest role to carry in the entire game so long as their team isn't brain dead which happens a lot apparently. Ironically, I've come to hate a lot of Supports I get in solo q especially the autofilled ones. If they're a good Support, 9/10 times, they tend to be a girl. Its not that girls play Support, so much as they're just better at it.
: Had 2.3k Worlds 2018 tokens, but forgot to spend them as my wife got sick (MS)...
: > [{quoted}](name=Kamehaamehaa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FmuGzZyQ,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-12T03:39:19.964+0000) > > _<Removed>_ His spelling was fine. _<Removed by Moderation>_ And before you say anything, my spelling is fine.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FmuGzZyQ,comment-id=000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-12T05:41:23.949+0000) > > His spelling was fine. > > _<Removed by Moderation>_ > > And before you say anything, my spelling is fine. you're* You also missed a comma.
Show more

Bael the Riser

Level 108 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion