: Just Remove Akali From The Game
They already removed her once, and the new Akali is more toxic then the old one ever was.
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Balderdash1000,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A57k6jHE,comment-id=0006000200000001,timestamp=2019-12-16T01:56:43.942+0000) > > It's an interesting theory, but the real world says you're full of shit. Just look at I Will Dominate. Skilled player. Toxic enough that at one point he was perma banned from league. Works well with his team mates, even as he's spamming chat about how much they suck and they're doing everything wrong. Look at Tyler1. Toxic enough that he got IP banned. Still knows how to work with others and wins games. Part of being a skilled player is knowing how to work with others. Claiming that a skilled player magically forgets how to play the game late game is disingenuous. > > I'd take either one over a really nice iron 4 player. I mean, yea, the person's really nice and all, but I can actually learn stuff from IWD and T1, and personally, I'd have a lot more fun listening to them rant then I would dealing with that poor kid that ran up and got slaughtered for the 33rd time because he didn't know any better (exceptions made if it's a friend of mine that I'm introducing to the game. In that case I'm playing on a smurf account anyways, and we're having fun talking while I'm explaining stuff to him/her.). Tyler1 didn't get IP banned (Riot doesn't do those), he got ID banned (ban on sight), there's a difference. Also if you're gonna bring pro players into the topic then you have to mention Dardoch. He's a skilled player for sure but he also has a reputation for being difficult to work with behavior wise and has bounced from team to team because of it, currently being on TSM. You are right in that being a skilled player means knowing how to work with others but it also means not flipping out and flaming people whenever they mess up (constructive criticism is fine, destructive criticism isn't). Being skilled at the game is important, but so is having a good attitude. If you develop a reputation for having an attitude problem then it becomes that much harder to find teams willing to play with you compared to those who are both skilled at the game and don't have behavioral issues.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A57k6jHE,comment-id=00060002000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-28T12:54:58.505+0000) > >If you develop a reputation for having an attitude problem then it becomes that much harder to find teams willing to play with you compared to those who are both skilled at the game and don't have behavioral issues. Obviously you'll choose the person that is both skilled and easy to deal with if you have a choice, but that wasn't the point of this thread. The question was whither you'd prefer someone skilled and toxic, or not skilled and nice. People keep trying to twist what seemed to me to be a simple question so the nice guy really does have skills or the toxic guy is really unskilled, but that was never the question. I honestly don't understand what's so hard about the question. Instead of trying to shift things into some form of, "we're all equally skilled, and the only thing that ever changes is how we treat others," how about answering the question honestly, and moving on? You may well have a different opinion then I do, and that's fine. I get the feeling though, that a lot of people are uncomfortable finding that they think the same as I do and instead of acknowledging an opinion on these boards that isn't completely PC, they try and shift things where they're answering a question that was never asked, so they can comfort themselves that they really are good people. It doesn't really matter to me either way. I just find it silly when people twist things so they don't have to deal with the truth.
RingWrath (EUNE)
: I don't know what topic this is. Playing with the old Login screen while Everyone has the new one.
I'm guessing that if you delete league off your computer and redownload it you'll get the new launcher. I didn't think that anyone still had the old one, and chances are good that what gets downloaded from the site is the new one now.
Shahamut (NA)
: @Riot Updating Skarner for old and new
No! The spires must not stand! Those stupid things caused me to give up on what used to be my favorite champion, and I'll never acknowledge a rework that has them!
Meoth (NA)
: I do actually appreciate this as a comment. Something I like to do thoroughly is take advantage of a kill in a lane. So, if me and top lane kill the top laner, we wait for the top laner to return and instantly kill him again. It's a standard freeze and wait sort of thing. My best example is me and an aatrox top killed an urgot, and I waited for the walk up return and (as zac) jumped on him again the moment he returned to lane, which then got us the top turret. And in my own mind it just felt like "man, if I was this guy..." and it has been kind of burning me down doing that, but it just does so much in the game. It opens to force pushes into top being able to roam into mid or jungle and catch off more. Is it weird to have the "If I was this guy" feel?
> [{quoted}](name=Meoth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=aBKZ6oLZ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-16T22:40:21.771+0000) > > Is it weird to have the "If I was this guy" feel? Not at all, but I think you might be giving the guys you're playing against too little credit. I mean, I'm sure you've been in situations where you're being counter jungled, or the enemy laners just always seem to be in your jungle trying to kill you, or a million other situations. At that time I'm sure you felt frustrated, but did you collapse? No. You scrambled to look for ways to deal with the situation, and finding ways to deal was its own form of satisfaction. It's the same for your opponent. How would you of felt if you knew that the enemy was backing off from you because they were afraid that you couldn't handle it? A lot worse, am I right? Feel free to empathize with them, but don't make them out to be less then they are. It's a competitive game, and your enemy would probably appreciate a light spirited taunt a lot more then they'd appreciate an apology.
Meoth (NA)
: Empathy for Enemy Team
The only reason to feel bad for the enemy team is if they have an AFK or an inter IMO. It's a competitive game, and if people are complaining in all chat that you're doing your job too well, you should take that as a compliment. Some of my best friends in this game have formed from trash talking back and forth with the enemy team. You both get to see how good the other person is first hand, and I've gotten multiple friend requests from people on the enemy team that wanted to team up with me afterwards. That said, if someone DCs, you might want to give them a chance to catch back up when they come back. That's something probably beyond their control, and a judgement call. As for normal competition, have fun, do your best, and understand that sometimes the person complaining to you in all chat considers that part of the fun too.
: I'd take the chill player, obviously. As stated before, the toxic player, no matter how skilled they are, is inevitably going to be a liability because they won't care what color the health bar is - they'll fight anyone and everyone. The toxic player will damage his team's morale and there'll come that point in the late game when the enemy team isn't playing at their best - because they've been held back from a win for so long and because their "star player" is lashing out at them left and right for the smallest mistakes. Even if the chill player's _individual_ performance is a gamble, they're not the only player on the team. They've got four other players who can rein them in and keep him from making mistakes, and team play will virtually _always_ be better than individual skill. Plus, the chill player is more likely to help his teammates keep a level head, which'll prevent them from losing it in the late game which would ultimately decide the match. And besides, it's easy to take a win off of a toxic "pro" who keeps trying to lone-wolf things. "Win lane, lose game" is a saying, after all, and it works the same inversely - "lose lane, win game".
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A57k6jHE,comment-id=000600020000,timestamp=2019-12-15T03:14:32.635+0000) > > I'd take the chill player, obviously. As stated before, the toxic player, no matter how skilled they are, is inevitably going to be a liability because they won't care what color the health bar is - they'll fight anyone and everyone. The toxic player will damage his team's morale and there'll come that point in the late game when the enemy team isn't playing at their best - because they've been held back from a win for so long and because their "star player" is lashing out at them left and right for the smallest mistakes. > > Even if the chill player's _individual_ performance is a gamble, they're not the only player on the team. They've got four other players who can rein them in and keep him from making mistakes, and team play will virtually _always_ be better than individual skill. Plus, the chill player is more likely to help his teammates keep a level head, which'll prevent them from losing it in the late game which would ultimately decide the match. > > And besides, it's easy to take a win off of a toxic "pro" who keeps trying to lone-wolf things. "Win lane, lose game" is a saying, after all, and it works the same inversely - "lose lane, win game". It's an interesting theory, but the real world says you're full of shit. Just look at I Will Dominate. Skilled player. Toxic enough that at one point he was perma banned from league. Works well with his team mates, even as he's spamming chat about how much they suck and they're doing everything wrong. Look at Tyler1. Toxic enough that he got IP banned. Still knows how to work with others and wins games. Part of being a skilled player is knowing how to work with others. Claiming that a skilled player magically forgets how to play the game late game is disingenuous. I'd take either one over a really nice iron 4 player. I mean, yea, the person's really nice and all, but I can actually learn stuff from IWD and T1, and personally, I'd have a lot more fun listening to them rant then I would dealing with that poor kid that ran up and got slaughtered for the 33rd time because he didn't know any better (exceptions made if it's a friend of mine that I'm introducing to the game. In that case I'm playing on a smurf account anyways, and we're having fun talking while I'm explaining stuff to him/her.).
: ***
It's funny how quickly racism becomes ok as soon as large amounts of money is involved, isn't it?
: Can we make league better by banning anyone who isn't 55 years old and older?
Why is it that no matter what happens, gen X get's screwed?? People don't even notice when they're hurting them! DX
: Can Riot release a vanilla League similar to what Blizzard did with WoW please?
I seriously doubt they could even find the original map and artwork, not to mention it was unbalanced as fuck. With no rank mode, a much smaller champion pool, and only blind pick to choose from, I doubt it would hold peoples interest long enough these days to make it worth it. PS: CaptainAntiHeroz, Aatroz wasn't an original champion, so he wouldn't be there.
: Check your email account for any odd activity and reset the password on that.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=tHTMBxxb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-13T22:39:12.133+0000) > > Check your email account for any odd activity and reset the password on that. You're not getting the complaint. If you change your password on league it doesn't sign you out of the account. You can keep playing on any computer that you had already signed in on with the previous password without knowing the new one. It's pretty bullshit as far as security goes.
Heartage (NA)
: To everybody who has a problem with this, if a child wants to go on Halloween as Obama, and wears an Obama mask, is the child blackfacing?
> [{quoted}](name=Heartage,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=002c,timestamp=2019-10-12T02:02:06.728+0000) > > To everybody who has a problem with this, if a child wants to go on Halloween as Obama, and wears an Obama mask, is the child blackfacing? If I remember right, that actually happened. Needless to say, people were upset.
: cant wait till someone comes in and goes "sexism" cause we all know it will happen
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2019-10-11T05:15:11.244+0000) > > cant wait till someone comes in and goes "sexism" cause we all know it will happen Sexism? Hmm... If it was a white guy cosplaying as pike people would have cared a lot less that he got banned? All those white knights rushing to a ladies defense is sad really. ... How's that?
: FUN FACT: Number of Level 30+ Accs in NA
Well, as someone that still plays this game, but hasn't played ranked in years, I believe it.
Spotty (NA)
: why doesnt twitch ban girls with their chest exposed?
Just visited twitch just chatting and didn't see a single naked girl there. I was disappoint.
: Welp, it's time for me to find alternatives to all my Google products
You probably would have gotten a better response if you would have actually mentioned what the project v video was.
: Can we give Ignite the same damage indicator Smite has?
Honestly, I think it would reduce clarity to do that because ignite doesn't do true damage like smite does. That means the actual damage dealt is dependent on the opposing champions MR and would never actually do the amount of damage indicated on the tool tip, leading to a bunch of upset people when they don't get the kill they planned on using the numbers given.
Lethaal (NA)
: Does games pre level 30 affect ranked placement?
y0r1ck (NA)
: What if crit added armor penetration instead of damage?
The thing is, they already have something that gives armor penetration. It's called armor penetration. Why completely change another stat to give us something we already have?
: idk if this is troll or u are just stupid
It sounds like a serious issue to me! If Cho can eat a dragon, Pyke should be able to gut it! It's the american way.
: Does the exceptionally rare left game eventually fade?
Relax man. Don't make it a habit and you won't have to worry. Real life happens and if you have to leave a game every few months I don't see Riot holding it against you. Needless to say, if you think you might have to leave a game early it's probably better to play something that isn't going to ruin other peoples game, but emergencies happen.
: Does every ADC require near constant use of the right click button?
> [{quoted}](name=Ponderss,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QRGUvVJU,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-03-28T02:29:26.573+0000) > > strenuous on my wrist, which I need to keep in good working order for other things. Other things indeed.. Keep that wrist action strong brother!
: What was the reason for T1's unban? (don't auto-downvote please)
Riot did say that they don't permanently IP ban people, and it makes sense to me why not. As a general rule, when you IP ban someone you're not just banning them. You're also banning all the people in that particular internet network. Permanently banning an unknown number of innocent people just to get rid of one trouble maker is a move that Riot wouldn't want to make unless they were absolutely forced.
Twlnkle (NA)
: Armor, Mr, or Attack Speed?
It's more about what you're playing. If you're playing a ranged damage dealer you get boots that increase your damage. If you're playing something that gets in close to fight you'll want boots that increase your survivability. Which boot gives you more survivability is more complicated than just whether there's more ad or ap, but going for the type that defends against more people is a pretty decent place to start.
: I typically don't engage in these sorts of threads, but think this is a perfect opportunity to outline why it can be rough to attempt to engage in topics on the boards. I saw the thread crop up about Yasuo last week, and deemed it a good opportunity to engage even briefly into why we would even consider buffing him, knowing full well that he's a fairly contentious champion. A lot of players gave some really good thoughts, some were rather typical vitriol, and some were just misinformed. I personally don't have the time to address every question that came up in the thead (which feels really bad), but still thought it was valuable to provide even just a small window of insight into why we may or may not make a change to the game - in this case deciding to buff Yasuo. What's a major pain in the ass is to check the boards over the weekend and see that a thread near the top that took my replies completely out of context, spreads a false narrative, and only serves to turn more people against Riot (or the balance team in this case). I want to provide context on our work when I can, but having my words twisted into a message that's blatantly false makes me wonder sometimes if it is worth it. No we are not buffing Yasuo because he's popular/has a large player base. We are buffing him because he has the highest average games played per player out of EVERY champion in League, and even with the largest number of players who HAVE mastered him, he's struggling to win the "promised" number of games based on what you would expect from a mastery curve (this is just one of the reasons). Long story short - we're buffing him because he is NOT a balanced champion currently, and it's our job to react to champions like him accordingly. Now - other than the title of your post which is what I find to be most misleading, I can understand the sentiment from the body of your post and empathize with the feeling. If you're a Skarner main (not saying you are, but if a player is), they'd be much happier to see us working on Skarner as opposed to buffing Yasuo, but issues with champions with low play rates are (typically) more deep seated issues around core abilities, play pattern, thematic, visuals etc - all of which are likely better handled with something from a mini-update to a full blown VGU - many of which are the types of work the champion team would take on as opposed to the balance team. That's not to say we don't talk about those champions if there's quick wins we can get from the our teams perspective, but we need to make sure we're also focusing on "problems" we can get some progress on in the next patch, vs only focusing on longer term champion wins. You can absolutely disagree with our decisions to buff/nerf certain aspects of League, that's part of what I love about our playerbase because it means you fucking care. But what I'd really appreciate is not having any time we try to engage turned into a spin fest for how our words can be used against us. Sorry if this came across super agro, just something I feel passionate about since I WANT to engage more, but also want it to be valuable for both sides - not incendiary.
> [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Otbcp5TK,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2017-12-10T23:06:26.193+0000) > > If you're a Skarner main (not saying you are, but if a player is), they'd be much happier to see us working on Skarner as opposed to buffing Yasuo, I used to be a skarner main, then about the 3rd or 4th remake you lost me. I know it's not relevant to this conversation, but considering how many times you guys messed with skarner, the fact that he's one of the least popular champions right now is a major shame. He was much better off before you messed with him, and now all he's got are those stupid rocks that you decided to make him hug.
DyQuill (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Xenos von Faneli,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=z1dTsaQ6,comment-id=00000000000200040000000100020001,timestamp=2017-12-01T02:27:25.357+0000) > > No the core of his story was that ALL he had left was vengeance, to the point that he willingly let himself be consumed. Now the vengeance is barely even a part of the hosts (at least by the end of the comic) instead the vengeance belongs almost solely to the Darkin, who seems to not even be in control most of the time, instead this being about the quest of these two lovers to be freed from this curse that is the Darkin. The vengeance is now an afterthought, something they do their best to keep in check, which strikes me as extremely different from the tragedy of the old Varus. I think what you've said here (and in reply to Arakadia's comment) is extremely insightful. Was Varus' story more about a wife and child? Or a loved one? Was it more about the tension between family and duty? Or the tension between principles and desperation? Was he defined more by having nothing left but vengeance, and his "fall" when being willingly transformed into an instrument of darker purpose? Or was it the deep emotional trauma (realized or threatened) that drove him choose a "deal with the devil" in the first place? There's no right answer here. Players (and Rioters) saw (and still see) different parts of Varus' identity as the most primary. Some players absolutely hate what we changed because we changed the primary thing they loved - and you know what? We get it. We're not gonna try to tell you you're wrong, because you aren't. But some players really love what we changed, because they think (as we thought) it reinforced and evolved the primary thing they loved about Varus. We are reading through literally all of your comments, and we'll reply where we can, but I really want to stress this - you're all going to have different feelings about this, and we're ok with that.
> [{quoted}](name=DyQuill,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=z1dTsaQ6,comment-id=000000000002000400000001000200010000,timestamp=2017-12-01T02:38:51.650+0000) > > We are reading through literally all of your comments, and we'll reply where we can Since you're reading everything I want to ask something that's been bothering me for a long time. Why is it that you guys constantly destroy and replace old lore instead of building what's already there in a direction you want to go. I used to be interested in league lore until I realized that anything I thought I knew or any lore points I really liked could be randomly gone the next day. I can't think of any other company that destroys their own lore in a game a fraction as much as league does, and it just makes no sense to me to claim to care about the story but have absolutely no interest in any sort of consistency in said story.
GamerWiz (NA)
: How to not die on laning phase?
I'd suggest going on twitch.tv and watching how other people play the lane. That won't answer all your questions I'm sure, but you might see people doing something you never even thought of to make things work.
: My response to that would be that the MMO would update at a far slower pace than League does. Riot updates League constantly in order to keep the meta from going stale. If they didn't, League would have died off long ago. With an MMO, however, you don't need to do that, as long as you have enough in-game content to keep the players happy for an extended period of time. So, for lore changes and champions that *don't* affect the entire world (like, a new void creature, or someone like Kayn who lives in the shadow (no pun intended) of another champ), you can easily put to the side until you feel it's an appropriate time to add them in. As for champs that *do* affect the entire world (like Zoe, ASoL, or Kindred)...is where things can get a bit tricky. They could bring back special in-game events focused around them. Also, with champ releases slowing down, it's very possible that they could coordinate the release of a champ with in game event in the MMO. Otherwise......there may just need to be some exceptions made.
> [{quoted}](name=Paleo Electro,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=sp4wvKmW,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2017-11-20T17:09:56.429+0000) > > My response to that would be that the MMO would update at a far slower pace than League does. > > Riot updates League constantly in order to keep the meta from going stale. If they didn't, League would have died off long ago. > > With an MMO, however, you don't need to do that, as long as you have enough in-game content to keep the players happy for an extended period of time. > > So, for lore changes and champions that *don't* affect the entire world (like, a new void creature, or someone like Kayn who lives in the shadow (no pun intended) of another champ), you can easily put to the side until you feel it's an appropriate time to add them in. > > As for champs that *do* affect the entire world (like Zoe, ASoL, or Kindred)...is where things can get a bit tricky. They could bring back special in-game events focused around them. Also, with champ releases slowing down, it's very possible that they could coordinate the release of a champ with in game event in the MMO. Otherwise......there may just need to be some exceptions made. I was thinking more along the lines of when they changed stuff. Like the way Warwick no longer has any tie to Soraka after the Warwick rework. They do stuff like that all the time, and while they're not all as big as removing the league of legends from existence there's a constant stream of small changes that have no explanation that would have to be accounted for.
: Would you play an MMORPG based around Runeterra's lore?
I think it's a bad idea. Not because I think the world wouldn't be interesting. Just because it seems like if would get frustrating when they keep making random changes to the lore while you're inside the game. If Riot ever gets over their "It sounds cooler this way" mentality then we might be able to make something work. Until then..
PBoydenJ (NA)
: New player here, how do I obtain champions at a reasonable rate?
The general idea is that the 450 champs are good enough to get you into the game while the more expensive champs more of a luxury. If you want to own every champ then I suggest spending money. If you want to own a few specific champs then I don't think saving up for them is that big an issue. I own every champ that I want and have never spent money for one, but then I've never felt it was much of a grind to play a game that you like to get more stuff in it. There's less of a sense of immediate satisfaction now that blue essence is tied to leveling up instead of per game now, but as long as you look at the more expensive champs as a nice bonus instead of a must have you'll find that you'll own them soon enough.
: How rare do you think the Urfwick skin actually is?
It was shitty. They've made some improvements on it. If the last time you saw the skin it didn't have a gatling gun on its back then it's gotten better.
Glutmire (NA)
: Urfwarwick reward
It made me pause too. Apparently that's the way it shows up when you already have the skin and they make changes. Now the people that already owned it have a gold wreath on WW's head and we get a special loading boarder. Don't ask me why they set it up with such a confusing message.
: > [{quoted}](name=Balderdash1000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pQRiUVj9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-09T20:24:56.874+0000) > > Guy has a giant gold dildo on his back. Nothing else to see here. his recall is so badass..takes the whole fcking screen:))
> [{quoted}](name=jhonnybravo91,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pQRiUVj9,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-11-09T20:29:52.613+0000) > > his recall is so badass..takes the whole fcking screen:)) I just checked it out, and they've updated the skin again. It's actually not bad now. Good thing you said something or I'd think it was still the same shitty remake that they first came out with. ... And yes, his new recall is pretty badass. :)
: Urfwick
Guy has a giant gold dildo on his back. Nothing else to see here.
: Permanent Ban from LONG time ago - Was told there was a way I could unban
Dude, they stopped that a long time ago because it encouraged toxic people to keep coming back. They don't have to keep to their word about letting you back because there's an implied limit to the offer AKA while the program is still open. If you are reformed than welcome back but you're going to have to accept that your other account is gone for good.
Rioter Comments
Fukauph (NA)
: Tilt? how can i fix it
It sounds to me like your issue isn't tilt, it's that you're a one trick pony. There's nothing wrong with that, but you're going to have to expect to get punished when you're outside your comfort zone. Personally, I suggest that at your level you're better off focusing on learning all the different roles instead of winning. Make sure you have at least one champ you're comfortable with in every role in case of auto fill, and understand that if you're in a role you're not comfortable with, you're probably not going to be able to be the one that caries the game. As far as the frustration goes, sometimes you just need to take a step back. It's a team game and sometimes there's nothing you can do even when you get your role. If you finish a game in a particularly bad mood you're probably better off getting up and walking away from your computer for a bit until you calm down. The worst thing you can do is start a new game while you're still upset about the previous one.
: How Do You Veterans Feel About The Rune Changes?
IMO it's about time. Runes never really added much to the game and now that they're gone it's going to be a lot easier for new accounts to reach an even playing field with everyone else. That said, pretty much everything's going to have to be rebalanced, but that's part of the fun too.
Kyanne (NA)
: Is It Too Soon To Make Jokes...?
As someone who's waiting for Irma as we speak, no it's not too soon. Feel free to make all the jokes you want. ... preferably funny ones next time. ;)
: Why I don't really care about the Rune Rework/Refund despite being a """Veteran"""
I almost feel like I've seen this somewhere before.. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/zqb7mhAa-why-i-dont-really-care-about-the-rune-reworkrefund-despite-being-a-veteran?show=flat
Jbels (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Balderdash1000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zqb7mhAa,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2017-09-06T01:21:04.323+0000) > > Yea, but none of that has anything to do with runes. There needs to be something to spend ip on for people that have everything, and honestly, after the rework, the Urf skin looks like shit. Trust me, I have the skin and every time I see it I groan. It's like he's got a giant dildo on his back now! :( > > You might argue that it's unfair for Riot to produce new content that people can spend ip, or BE or whatever on, but I don't think you're going to get far with that argument. Anyone who would argue that is wrong. But I don't think it's very fair for this guy to basically call everyone idiots because they spent their IP on champions when they were starting out and he didn't. They had no idea this was going to even happen
> [{quoted}](name=Jbels,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zqb7mhAa,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-06T01:24:33.947+0000) > > Anyone who would argue that is wrong. But I don't think it's very fair for this guy to basically call everyone idiots because they spent their IP on champions when they were starting out and he didn't. They had no idea this was going to even happen He didn't really though. He said he prioritized getting the runes he needed over having a ton of champions, but that's what most people did anyways. He's got a ton of ip, and he's trying to brag about it, but anyone who's been playing the game as long as him would have the same. Reading between the lines for an insult that probably doesn't even involve you (buying champs without bothering to buy runes) over an issue that doesn't even have anything to do with what's going on is just letting him soft troll you.
Jbels (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Balderdash1000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zqb7mhAa,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-09-06T01:12:11.335+0000) > > Rewards? You get ip... or BE as they're going to be called from now on. It's not a big deal. Also, most people are bitching because they spent money of runes instead of champions and want a full refund. > Urfwick and other very rare skins will be available to those who hoarded IP like there was nothing to spend it on. Those are some pretty insane rewards
> [{quoted}](name=Jbels,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zqb7mhAa,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2017-09-06T01:14:29.190+0000) > > Urfwick and other very rare skins will be available to those who hoarded IP like there was nothing to spend it on. Those are some pretty insane rewards Yea, but none of that has anything to do with runes. There needs to be something to spend ip on for people that have everything, and honestly, after the rework, the Urf skin looks like shit. Trust me, I have the skin and every time I see it I groan. It's like he's got a giant dildo on his back now! :( You might argue that it's unfair for Riot to produce new content that people can spend ip, or BE or whatever on, but I don't think you're going to get far with that argument.
Jbels (NA)
: Okay so here's what I got from this post. "My situation is better than all of your's because I hoarded my IP instead of buying champions, therefore everyone who bought champions instead of hoarding IP who will therefore miss out on possible rewards that I will not are whining". Wow. Nice, dude.
> [{quoted}](name=Jbels,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zqb7mhAa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-06T00:57:17.098+0000) > > Okay so here's what I got from this post. > > "My situation is better than all of your's because I hoarded my IP instead of buying champions, therefore everyone who bought champions instead of hoarding IP who will therefore miss out on possible rewards that I will not are whining". > > Wow. Nice, dude. Rewards? You get ip... or BE as they're going to be called from now on. It's not a big deal. Also, most people are bitching because they spent money of runes instead of champions and want a full refund. I bought runes and champions. I got everything that I wanted and nothing's going to change. I got years of use out of my runes and I feel like I got my money's worth. I'm another veteran that doesn't see what the big deal is all about. IMO, if you own more than 20 champs you have no reason to complain. You can already play whatever you want, and even though it's not a full refund you're getting even more... BE.. to buy even more champs. Also, IMO if you've got less that 20 champs then you can't really call yourself a veteran of this game.
: Boxers or brief?
Briefs for the same reason women wear bras. You got to support your little man and make sure he's safe while doing stuff. Commando comes second. Boxers are for people that want to go commando but don't have the courage of their convictions.
DJ Sona (EUW)
: League of Duskblade
Recently saw someone playing AP Fizz with duskblade. It worked rather well actually.
Glîtchy (NA)
: ignoring lanes over 1 death?
He shouldn't have called you shit players, but when you gank a losing lane there's a lot of extra risks involved that can make it a bad idea. Usually the best gank is to snowball a lane that's going even. In the end, one of the junglers jobs with ganks is to snowball a team mate into a late game carry. If he doesn't think you can carry he's better off going where he thinks someone can get things done.
Lusi (NA)
: How many games are needed to reset the punishment order?
Riot specifically keeps that kind of information secret to stop people from gaming the system. My guess is that if the time it took to reset an account was well known then Riot would change it just to keep people in the dark. In general your best bet is not to do anything that would get you in trouble in the first place so you don't have to worry.
: Everyone who's reading this...
{{champion:72}} As he lays down on his death bed, the very last words out of his mouth are, "I miss my kind."
: Xayah needs to have racist remark removed from her programming
So, what you're saying is that Xayah can make racist comments, but Graves still can't have his cigar? WTF Riot!
: I've been playing since season 3, or when esports is starting to become big and Riot decides to scrap all their old ideas just to cater to the casual public. So since the beginning, I already *know* that Riot won't listen to their players as much since they're just gonna cater to esports. They only know how to make things look shiny, but the content themselves looks something more like *trying to please everyone*, so I don't really have much trust with Riot as much anymore. Balance-wise, I honestly don't mind change because I know they actually can't please everyone, and that their beliefs of "don't nerf x, rework so you can beat cancer with cancer" is not at all bad either. Though, the only reason I'm still playing is I can pull off my "bad" Lulu support strats, though I don't think I can do it anymore since she's pretty much pick/ban, and that you're gonna get thrown rotten tomatoes anwyays just because you have been (mostly) one-tricking a single champion and role for 3 years. How fun. At least I can borrow the Arcade skin line and make a comic with it.
> [{quoted}](name=Cancerous Lulu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=un8lyEHr,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2017-04-02T05:47:30.316+0000) > >So since the beginning, I already *know* that Riot won't listen to their players as much since they're just gonna cater to esports. > Now this brings me to what I probably miss the most about the old days. When League was just starting out all the big wigs in Riot were constantly on the forums getting and giving feedback and just being responsive as hell to everything that was going on. A lot of the stuff that was normal back then is pretty much impossible now. I mean, if a rioter did half the shit Zileas did back in the day, I have no doubt he'd get fired, but back then it was funny as hell! Nothing like having a professional troll as a founding father. ;)
Show more

Balderdash1000

Level 84 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion