: > [{quoted}](name=Barkhoof,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s4LmzaEv,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2018-09-01T16:29:25.127+0000) > > Breathe. You're specifically taking a class on this. What Riot is doing is trying to encourage diversity by trying to get a minority base interested in the VERY THING you're studying. Now, who is going to put that on their resume: the women that went to an AMA or the male who took an entire class on the subject? They're trying to drum up interest in people that aren't normally exposed to this - perhaps to encourage them to take a class or major in something they wouldn't think about. It happens ALL THE TIME in the workplace. There are specific forums for women-in-science, female entrepreneurs, etc. on how to communicate, find opportunities and encourage more female mentorship relationships. This is not strange but it's foreign to the playerbase because they haven't entered the job market yet. > > They're also going to help people with resume and interview feedback. My guess is, if you're taking a class, you have an office of professional development as well at your school. They do resume help and feedback - hell, it's their job. Instead of getting pissed off, schedule a time to meet with your professional development department, and do the exact thing that they're doing at the gaming expo. > > Your gender has nothing to do with it; it's that they're encouraging people that don't have the resources and interests that you do to pursue careers in gaming. You're already there. Chill and take advantage of the opportunities you have in front of you. Let me ask you a few questions here. What is preventing a woman to study that subject? Does being a woman automatically mean that you don't have resources and interests to pursue careers in gaming? Will an educational facility or a business firm in a civilized country turn someone down just because they don't have a dick in their pants? If you can't answer with "yes" to questions 2 and 3 nor offer a proper answer to the first question then nothing you wrote holds any weight. Women have the same freedom men do to choose their career path. That is called equality. Men aren't allowed to attend an event they paid for and listen to gender-neutral topics just because they are men. That is discrimination - there is no other word for it.
> [{quoted}](name=Weiss Guertena,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s4LmzaEv,comment-id=0000000200000002,timestamp=2018-09-01T21:56:41.442+0000) > > Let me ask you a few questions here. > > What is preventing a woman to study that subject? > Does being a woman automatically mean that you don't have resources and interests to pursue careers in gaming? > Will an educational facility or a business firm in a civilized country turn someone down just because they don't have a dick in their pants? > > If you can't answer with "yes" to questions 2 and 3 nor offer a proper answer to the first question then nothing you wrote holds any weight. > > Women have the same freedom men do to choose their career path. That is called equality. Men aren't allowed to attend an event they paid for and listen to gender-neutral topics just because they are men. That is discrimination - there is no other word for it. I mean, if you read the reports from earlier, the answer to question 3 seems to be "yes"...supposedly there have been instances where women have been passed over for promotions and specific suggestions made by women have been shot down only to be suggested by a man and welcomed with open arms (The Kotaku story). Let's, for a moment, take your statement though: men and women have equal rights to choose their career path. So why is it that so few women take the path into the gaming industry? Most professions have different forums specifically geared to minority applicants: I happen to be in the sciences, so I'll speak to that. I know there are at least a handful of LGBT-, women-, and minority-specific groups that encourage recruitment, training, and hiring of these particular groups to encourage diversity. These groups give peer-mentoring, grant-writing trainings, and many other supports because they want to encourage diversity in the workplace. That's exactly what Riot is doing here: creating a space where "minority" (at least in the gaming world) individuals can get a chance to talk about what it's like in the game-creation world and find out about the business. To create interest so that those individuals might choose that path to go down. I could write more but feel free to respond to any of the stuff I've written. I won't likely respond more than once a day.
: > [{quoted}](name=Barkhoof,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s4LmzaEv,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2018-09-01T16:29:25.127+0000) > > Breathe. You're specifically taking a class on this. What Riot is doing is trying to encourage diversity by trying to get a minority base interested in the VERY THING you're studying. Now, who is going to put that on their resume: the women that went to an AMA or the male who took an entire class on the subject? They're trying to drum up interest in people that aren't normally exposed to this - perhaps to encourage them to take a class or major in something they wouldn't think about. It happens ALL THE TIME in the workplace. There are specific forums for women-in-science, female entrepreneurs, etc. on how to communicate, find opportunities and encourage more female mentorship relationships. This is not strange but it's foreign to the playerbase because they haven't entered the job market yet. > > They're also going to help people with resume and interview feedback. My guess is, if you're taking a class, you have an office of professional development as well at your school. They do resume help and feedback - hell, it's their job. Instead of getting pissed off, schedule a time to meet with your professional development department, and do the exact thing that they're doing at the gaming expo. > > Your gender has nothing to do with it; it's that they're encouraging people that don't have the resources and interests that you do to pursue careers in gaming. You're already there. Chill and take advantage of the opportunities you have in front of you. Women and non-binary can take the class too... They're just as exposed to it as everyone else is.
> [{quoted}](name=Get Ogre Here,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s4LmzaEv,comment-id=0000000200000000,timestamp=2018-09-01T16:42:42.658+0000) > > Women and non-binary can take the class too... They're just as exposed to it as everyone else is. And yet, the VAST majority of people that work on games are men. Why is that? Perhaps a little exposure to women talking about something that might be appealing to women might change that? Might encourage them to take a class that they might not normally? This is about exposure, not training.
: > [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s4LmzaEv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-01T15:06:59.958+0000) > From what i heard, it's because they want to speak to the female player base, and i can understand why it's nice to not have millions of guys there at the same time Fuck you. And fuck Riot. I have a team project in my school where we act as the producers for a team that is developing a video game. The 12:30 - 1:30 event covering the topic of being a video game producer is shut off from me because my gender has been blocked of from it. Fuck this hypocrisy. I am not purchasing a single thing from this company before this shit is corrected.
> [{quoted}](name=Diabolic Hikki,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s4LmzaEv,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2018-09-01T15:47:01.030+0000) > > Fuck you. And fuck Riot. I have a team project in my school where we act as the producers for a team that is developing a video game. The 12:30 - 1:30 event covering the topic of being a video game producer is shut off from me because my gender has been blocked of from it. Fuck this hypocrisy. I am not purchasing a single thing from this company before this shit is corrected. Breathe. You're specifically taking a class on this. What Riot is doing is trying to encourage diversity by trying to get a minority base interested in the VERY THING you're studying. Now, who is going to put that on their resume: the women that went to an AMA or the male who took an entire class on the subject? They're trying to drum up interest in people that aren't normally exposed to this - perhaps to encourage them to take a class or major in something they wouldn't think about. It happens ALL THE TIME in the workplace. There are specific forums for women-in-science, female entrepreneurs, etc. on how to communicate, find opportunities and encourage more female mentorship relationships. This is not strange but it's foreign to the playerbase because they haven't entered the job market yet. They're also going to help people with resume and interview feedback. My guess is, if you're taking a class, you have an office of professional development as well at your school. They do resume help and feedback - hell, it's their job. Instead of getting pissed off, schedule a time to meet with your professional development department, and do the exact thing that they're doing at the gaming expo. Your gender has nothing to do with it; it's that they're encouraging people that don't have the resources and interests that you do to pursue careers in gaming. You're already there. Chill and take advantage of the opportunities you have in front of you.
: So blatant sexism against men now at riot.
So, Imma wade into this, just to make sure I'm reading this correctly. The majority of the Riot employees are male so, to combat that and the recent headlines at the beginning of August, Riot has opened some time in one particular room hosted by the female employees talking about a variety of subjects specifically aimed toward women and non-binary individuals looking to get into the gaming industry. There are many (I assume men) in this comment section that are pissed off because there is a period of time where this is going on and they are excluded. They feel it is unjust because this section is specifically geared toward women. Got that correct? Also, instead of the reddit link, gonna post the actual Riot announcement. https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/community/community-events/riot-pax-west
Raitono (NA)
: You will get properly rewarded for the missions you did. The progress was tracked, just not applied to the missions. From the very post you're replying to: > --We will reprocess all your missed missions, so you hard work is not lost. You just want extra stuff as compensation. Which you're also getting: > --As a bonus, we'll add a very easy "makeup" mission that will award an extra 10 tokens, in case you missed the dailies. I point this out not to attack you, just to make sure you saw it so that you're not quite so frustrated and see that Riot handled it just like you expected them to. To your point of testing, I agree. It seems obvious that more needs done to ensure these problems are caught before going live. The only thing I can say to that is Riot is constantly pushing the envelope of their system and implementing new things. We have no way of knowing if there was a new system on the back end that was not fully tested and admittedly small bugs like this one are understandable in new software, even if they are not welcome. *Insert small indie company meme here*
I mean, full disclosure: yes, looking for something free. I feel like most companies, in good faith, provide something when they have messed up delivering their product to their consumers. Especially if it's more of a pattern vs. a one-time thing. What Riot did was inhibit going forward with those missions because they are behind progress gates - if you don't finish mission 5, you're not getting to mission 6. I'm only going on what I've experienced, but even after the message of things getting retroactively comp'd, I had at least 1 mission I know I had completed still showing active - so I went and completed it. That mission held the next couple back. It snowballs. It made me play more games than I should have to achieve what they had promised. And as for the extra mission: "We screwed up, to compensate, continuing playing the game!" What if this weekend were the only time I had to play? Any number of different things could've held people back from getting the extra mission. As for the extra mission, it's worth 10 tokens, which is...10 BE? I like this game, I've like the premise since WCIII had DOTA, but Riot seems as though it rushes things through production without properly testing things out and it's getting a bit fatiguing when things aren't properly tested. I don't want compensation - I want a game that works. It seems like the compensation here, however, is ham-fisted and a bit condescending, that's all.
: Versus Event issues and Extension
So, there are a number of problems for me. Between this, the random other bugs, and the mess ups with the Clash roll out, it either seems as though your eyes are bigger than your stomachs or that you aren't properly bug testing...or both. That is not how you run a company, it's not how this game should be run, and it's increasingly frustrating that this is becoming the norm. It's getting to the point where it's no longer IF something's going to screw up but WHEN something is going to screw up. This is especially frustrating for me when you have a system where you're gatekeeping one mission behind other missions - if you can't finish something up, you're stuck behind that particular mission. It's not a reward to have "well, you were playing but we couldn't keep up with the progress, but guess what, you get to play MORE, isn't that great?". If you really cared about the missions, you'd comp the mission people were on and the one after it - and then give them the opportunity to complete those missions on the tail end of the event to double down on them. By and far, this is speaking out of frustration, but at this point I'm almost of the opinion if you can't roll something out without being sure there aren't major bugs, don't roll it out. And I feel like "Oh, missions aren't progressing" is one of those easy-to-spot major bugs.
Rioter Comments
Ricje (EUW)
: [FEEDBACK] Thoughts on current state of ARAM (8.11, event)
Oh, Lordy, as a long-time ARAM player, I agree with everything you just said. I'm ok with the relic changes but everything else, it's basically word-for-word what I've been feeling.
Rioter Comments
: You made the a similar post with the same argument two years ago HHHHHHMMMMM
> [{quoted}](name=Chatorazawa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=29a5zse6,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-05-09T20:49:06.567+0000) > > You made the a similar post with the same argument two years ago HHHHHHMMMMM I look forward to their next post in 2020.
CLG ear (NA)
: he talked to a friend who works at riot and they said he got banned for account sharing, but they didn't ban the account he was sharing
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gXwAaNIi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-06T19:20:22.490+0000) > > he talked to a friend who works at riot and they said he got banned for account sharing, but they didn't ban the account he was sharing Whether that's true or not, I think that in the past PEOPLE have been punished for account boosting. ACCOUNTS are locked for account sharing. So, if he has shared these accounts with other people, that punishment might be consistent. From his description, all of his personal accounts were banned and the accounts that had been previously shared were still active. I could be wrong, but that seemed to be Cow's response on reddit. He very well might've been punished for account boosting but, as of right now, I don't think Riot KR has made an official statement. edit: apparently they made a comment and it reeks of BS about account sharing. My above comments still stand but are my opinion and not necessarily fact.
Noclip (NA)
: The permanent ban is judging 2 games. Game 1: I chose to sit in base and let the enemy end because our jungler was afk in base and our top laner dced. I decided to take the easy way out instead of playing out an obviously lost game. Game 2: I played well and we won but I got into a verbal altercation calling our top laner a few choice names followed by muting them (which i should have done from the start). I just vented without thinking and likely deserve this punishment.
The current system escalates such that you are given chat restrictions for 1st infractions. You increase to a 2-week ban as a last chance/resort in attempt to tell you your actions are unacceptable. If you continue to harass, you're given a permanent ban. Also, depending on the choice words, you can skip punishment tiers - so if you used slurs, it'll likely skip you a tier or 2. You mentioned in your original post that you've had your 2-week ban, so a perma-ban is the next step in the escalating punishment tier. You are free to appeal to the Player Behavior team by submitting a [ticket](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new). You can also find info on the punihment system [here](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201898070-My-Account-is-Suspended).
: I think that words like "kys" and racial slurs are mostly used as a joke. If someone came in with "hey, waddup n-" you won't permaban him, right? I take it as the players in that game are too emotional. Have you ever heard that autistic people take things too litterally? At this point I'm questioning most of the LoL community. How come in platinum everyone takes those as a joke and in silver everyone is a crybaby? Also not sure if I was in your game, I was katarina and the nexus didnt fall when I said it
You're going to say "Trickster Zøe: smd kys means kiss yourself Trickster Zøe: gg to everyone but kayn" and convince people that you mean it as a joke? I'm going to throw something back at you: how difficult is it, really, to not hit "enter" on chat that includes death wishes and slurs? Like, do you have THAT much of a problem with impulse control?
Hatol (EUW)
: It’s impossible to set a precise number of messages, as there are very different ways to communicate that will lead to a different amount of messages before it is considered toxic. So you kind of have to judge subjectively. Personally I would’ve been a little annoyed by this guy, and I assume the majority thinks so too. I don’t know if would’ve punished it though, but a chat restriction seems to be appropriate and in no way excessive.
All I'll say to that is that it's a catch-22 to be punished by the amount of chat but not be able to set a limit on the amount of chat that would elicit a punishment. "Your chat annoyed me" is a far cry from punishable harassment and from what I've read of chat penalties, if it's worth a chat restriction, if you go up the punishment tier, it's worth a perma-ban. I would not give someone, even if they've had a 14-day ban, a ban because of this chat.
: You are obviously unhappy with my assessment, as well as unhappy with the Player Support assessment. You've created multiple threads on the manner. Your story doesn't really add up to what I watched in replay, and the chat logs I pulled. What I saw was you cause the enemy player to tilt, who then started to intentionally feed you. They ran past you and into minions many times. This obviously caused frustration on the enemy team. In my viewing of the replay .. your chat was used more to frustrate the enemy team than it was to defend a player being bullied. It was akin to : person : hey that guy punched me (they did) you : no he didn't you : nobody punched you you : if someone punched you you'd know it you : you don't know what a punch is you : you're a bunch of morons who didn't get punched you : i hope you go to jail for accusing someone of punching you x 100+ I gave you my interpretation of things. PSS gave you their interpretation of things. You are more than welcome to open another support ticket and get someone else to look at it if you feel so strongly about it. It's a chat restriction. The purpose of a chat restriction is to limit your chat so others aren't exposed to so much of your chat, and for you to better understand using chat effectively. I feel the penalty assigned is fitting in this case. I'm just one person, who saw your post, and watched the replay. Player support tickets are the correct process if you want to appeal your penalty.
I have been a huge proponent of the system up to now but if what the OP originally posted is accurate, you've tweaked it too heavily to punish. This is not toxic or harassment, this is at worst a semantic argument about whether or not the OP's opponent was int'ing. Let's say your right and he was int'ing: does that make any difference as to whether the OP should be punished? Because, even if he's lying about EVERYTHING concerning the specifics of a situation, he did it without cursing, without name-calling (at least in-game, you never posted post-game stuff), and in a general manner that I doubt would be seen as threatening. Where does that argument stop? So we're going to punish because of incorrect arguments now? If it was, as your last post said, because of excessive chat, you guys need to get really specific about what constitutes "excessive chat" because you don't ever spell it out. That can't be "I know it when I see it" - we know key hot-button terms not to use, grey areas are no way to run this particular type of system. This does not deserve a punishment and I know it specifically is influencing whether I purchase any RP - not because I'm worried about being punished but that I don't support this particular level of excessiveness.
Fegone (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Barkhoof,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ExygQgiE,comment-id=001c000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-13T20:26:55.589+0000) > > So, I'm going to make an argument that didn't actually happen here but could. We know that Riot works on an escalating perma-system. So go back, reread the chat, and say to yourself "Does this deserve a perma-ban?" > > Because that's the situation. If it's worth a chat restriction, it's worth a perma-ban. We also haven't been given the post-game chat. Tantram said he used the term moron and called for bans (we weren't given that chat) - which could, theoretically be "Gosh, you guys were acting like morons. Y'all are probably going to be banned for that". And if you DO reread what we have been given, you'll notice that the OP is very polite in the game chat. I'd be surprised if the post-game stuff is more racey that the in-game stuff. It might be but until proven otherwise, I think this is a stupid punishment. > > To your point about it being honorable, punishments are not made in the vein of "is this honorable?"; it's "is this harassing, abusive, or negative?" I don't think all-chat taunting is all that honorable, but it's not punishable. So to, I don't think this should be a punishment. Well, that's your good right to have your opinion. You can believe that it is not worth the punishment given, and I do believe it is. Escalating it to a permaban, yes, I do believe it could do that also. Assume the player already had a 2 week ban recently. That means, that player obviously ignored the rules, ignored the warnings, and now, still doesn't care enough not to ruin the game experience for others. He doesn't have to defend anyone. The bullied player can just mute them. So can he. Problem solved. But instead, he takes sides with a player that said he will open top and gives up. Is that positive spirit? Is that someone, who just had a 2 week ban should do (In reference to your thought experiment of a permaban) ? Short answer: No. If you get a 2 week ban, you stay quiet, you mute, and you certainly don't start arguing. Period.
I think that's a "agree to disagree" situation then. I don't see how what the OP said in in-game chat is worth a punishment. On that happy note, have a good night/day/afternoon.
Fegone (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Barkhoof,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ExygQgiE,comment-id=001c0000,timestamp=2018-03-13T12:59:49.644+0000) > > I'd point out, even if he's not a white knight in your eyes, how is it punishable to politely point out things in chat without harassing or using foul language? It wasn't politely. He called for bans on them and he called them 'morons'. He disrupted the All chat and therefor the game experience for all players on both sides. Nothing on this is honorable, he just picks a side of 2 people arguing and joins the argument. He could have picked the other side and argued the same way, would still be worth a punishment. It's not about picking a side (or the right side) here. There is no right side. One player says he's opening top and giving up, the other side tilts because of it and calls him out. Who is the good side here? Come on man...
So, I'm going to make an argument that didn't actually happen here but could. We know that Riot works on an escalating perma-system. So go back, reread the chat, and say to yourself "Does this deserve a perma-ban?" Because that's the situation. If it's worth a chat restriction, it's worth a perma-ban. We also haven't been given the post-game chat. Tantram said he used the term moron and called for bans (we weren't given that chat) - which could, theoretically be "Gosh, you guys were acting like morons. Y'all are probably going to be banned for that". And if you DO reread what we have been given, you'll notice that the OP is very polite in the game chat. I'd be surprised if the post-game stuff is more racey that the in-game stuff. It might be but until proven otherwise, I think this is a stupid punishment. To your point about it being honorable, punishments are not made in the vein of "is this honorable?"; it's "is this harassing, abusive, or negative?" I don't think all-chat taunting is all that honorable, but it's not punishable. So to, I don't think this should be a punishment.
Fegone (NA)
: The guy you defend said open top. the guy you defend said he's giving up. That brings down team morale and is considered negative attitude (there is literally a report option for that). No matter if he follows through with doing it or not, claiming to do so will already tilt some people and spread negativity. I'd have him reported too, and I'd have reported you as well, since you're defending his negative behavior. If you publicly announce that you're going to plant a bomb somewhere, you will get arrested for it. No matter if you actually went though with it or not. You're not defending someone who is bullied. You're defending someone who spreads negativity and gets called out for it. You're not the white knight here.
I'd point out, even if he's not a white knight in your eyes, how is it punishable to politely point out things in chat without harassing or using foul language?
: I'd have given you a chat restriction if I was hand reviewing this case (which is what the system gave you). The enemy top laner said 'open top' and gave you kills, which is not ok. The enemy team said to report top for giving up. Even if they got their attitude together and continued to play, of course a statement like that is going to tilt the team. Then you go on a tirade of chat (64 lines in game) .. and 42 lines in post-game where you stick around to call them morons and wish bans upon them. Arguing with teammates/enemies is not the purpose of chat. I would have muted you after a few comments. It would have been impossible to coordinate with the team over your chatter.
I have a few comments here: Tantram, your focus in the second paragraph seems to be focused on mah1foo's opponents chat and not his/her own. We haven't been given any of the post-game chat or how offensive it is but what, specifically, was said during game that would be unsportsmanlike or harassing? Obviously his team wasn't having a problem coordinating in a 25-minute game. I'm also curious: if the number of lines in chat was a tirade, what's an appropriate number of lines? Is there any precedent for punishing for excessive lines of chat? 90% of the time I agree with you guys, but your reasoning here seems a little excessive.
mah1foo (EUW)
: Punished for defending an enemy who was being bullied by his team, Riot advises to not defend him
I'm really conservative and while I usually don't buy the whole "defend someone's honor online" your statements were logical, relatively respectful, and pointing out the incorrect assumptions your opponents had. There's no reason for a punishment.
: Has anyone else's ping gone up or is it just me
Ping has been up, packet loss is up for me. I'll check back in a couple days to see if it's still jittering. I thought they said they were doing something with the servers and hoped that it wouldn't interrupt gameplay but I can't find the announcement right now.
: I just wanted another chance to try to be better in league and i think its always possible for people to change
You're free to appeal to Riot's support [here](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new). If your account was suspended because of a single event or game, you could throw yourself on your sword explaining it's out of character for you. If, however, you've gone through the chat-suspension, 14-day, perma sequence, you're likely out of luck. They treat the 14-day suspension as a last chance and say such in the message you receive. For what it's worth, I'm sorry.
Commissar12 (EUNE)
: RIOT SOCIOPATHS
This seems like a well-thought-out, constructive, eloquent post. I look forward to further suggestions from the user.
: Maybe you should stop inting, that would help you win too!
Oh my gosh, look at that. 0/18. 1/19. 2/23. 2/15. 2/22. 0/13. These are KDAs people, not dates of the games.
: Bronze 5 placement?
Because I haven't seen it said in this particular thread, here are some of the reasons: 1. You ended S7 at B4 and on a losing streak. Because of that, your MMR was lowering anyway and the system was trying to fit you in where you belong. 2. You ended S6 in B3. So, for the past 2 seasons you've been in Bronze. 3. During placements, the system places you slightly lower than where it expects you. If you were pushing B4/B5 MMR, that's the only place the system is going to place you. And look, I'm no MMR god, I'll merely gently point out to not look at total CS per game but your cs/min. If you're pushing 3-4, you'll want to focus on last hitting. It will greatly improve your play. Grand scheme of things, I've seen people equate 10cs=~1kill=~2assists.
Modi (NA)
: > [ X ] HORRIBLE analogy Not horrible, just incorrect. More accurately, this is like a person being assaulted. Then, after the assault, the victim decides to assault the original perpetrator in retribution. In the original analogy, the OP describes a situation that could be terminated by the counter attack (herein: defend one's self). Where the analogy breaks down is that no matter how much you try, a counter attack won't end the assault.
The OP goes to play a normal game, has the champ they hover over banned and get insulted, so they enter the game and intentionally feed. This is the equivalent of a person getting raped, defending themselves, then being accused of ruining the family? There's almost no one on God's green earth that would look at that situation and place any guilt on the person being raped. That analogy abdicates ANY guilt of the OP. The minority of people would side with the OP when he/she should've just dodged if it meant that much to them. I'm sticking with my "horrible analogy".
: ***
Checklist: [ ] Denying it happened [ X ] Blaming SJW [ ] My brother/sister/dad hacked my account while I was at school [ X ] HORRIBLE analogy [ X ] Use of "snowflake" [ ] Reply uses attempt to pander to board members then insults board members. [ X ] "I should be able to defend myself" [ ] Wall of text [ ] Posting obvious text that completely disproves OPs original assessment [ ] Tantram smite I can come back and edit as necessary.
: Why cant I say gg ez
"Better to be thought a D-bag than to open your mouth and prove everyone right"
Nestley (NA)
: Wrongly banned for boosting?
I mean, one thing that they have looked for in the past have been huge, irregular changes in gameplay. In your case, the stretch from 10/29 to 11/3 where you have gone from a support/jungle player with hotkeys on one configuration to a mid/top with another configuration. My guess would be that their system picked up on that and highlighted it as an anomaly. So if your account was compromised, those particular games might be ones that they highlight.
: ***
OK, I'm going to be that guy: For God's sake, please learn the difference between "your" and "you're". Also "writing". Only reason I bring it up is because you've got decent punctuation and use of apostrophes.
: Mission Bug
There've been a couple bugs or issues with me: 1) the spending 2500 gold one (The Artist 3), I bought Maw, Spirit Visage, and Righteous Glory in one game. It only gave me credit for 2 of them. 2) The Cop 3 (get 20 assists) doesn't specify Summoners Rift. Got 26 assists on Howling Abyss and didn't get it completed, so I assume it's a SR only mission.
: ##Edit: Even if you disagree with the reasoning below, don't downvote me too much! I want more people to see our honest response to this question. This orange essence thing is a spicy one but I'll take my best shot at addressing it. The most honest answer it comes down to is that we wanna be able to spread out orange essence type loot and rewards across multiple systems without having to take an additional huge revenue hit at the same time that we're making runes free. I'll explain what I mean. Basically, when we first started giving out skins and stuff through the loot system, the only way you could get it was by 1) paying for it or 2) earning it through the mastery chests. Going into 2018 you're also gonna get skin content through things like events and honor (lets call them "orange shards" since we're really talking about anything that can be disenchanted into orange essence). We lowered the disenchant rate on shards, and we're giving out more shards. So that's what I mean by spreading it across multiple systems. I think we'll actually have to wait and see whether players feel that the additional shards from the other systems make up for the disenchant rate changes. Preseason shipped with some other upgrades to loot like bad luck protection and chances for double drops in chests, and I think we'll have to wait and see how that feels for players before we'll know. Now, there's another question implied here, which I think also bears addressing: **"Why can't Riot just give us more orange essence and more shards?"** The answer is that we make money on League through RP sales, and we want to be really responsible about how much we cut into RP sales when giving away stuff. Giving away skins and cosmetics through our in-games systems is something we have to manage really carefully—if it becomes to easy to earn orange essence and shards, RP sales would go down a lot (why pay for it when you can just get skins for free?). Even though League is free to play, we do need to make money and manage it responsibly so we can reinvest it back into the game. That's why making cosmetics too easy to get for free would be irresponsible for us, as a business. I know it's hard to get excited about an explanation like this, but I hope it makes sense! ##ONE MORE LONGISH EDIT TO CLARIFY A POINT: **I don't want to make the promise that the orange essence amounts you get will “even out” or be the same as before.** There’s way too much variance in the rates that people get OE from mastery and all the other systems for us to say that with a straight face. And the truth is the nerf to OE disenchant rates was significant. It’s more than we reigned it in to give ourselves wiggle room with these other systems. And honestly, the revenue hit from making runes free was a factor we considered as part of that. The goal is to make rewards systems that feel meaningful, rather than just constantly increasing the amount of stuff we give out every year because player expectations keep rising. It feels icky when we start talking about protecting revenue and budgets and shit, but we’re open to feedback on this stuff. I see basically no one talking about the double drops or bad luck protection that we already added to the system, so I wanna wait for a while for people to get used to the changes.
I'll point out, the rune system was IP based and did not cut into the bottom line. You could always buy champs with IP or RP but pay more IP the first week. The orange essence skin system is a random-loot based system and if you want a skin, per Riot, the fastest way to get a skin you want is still to pay RP. What you're doing is enticing buying boxes, to get a random skin to disenchant that, to get skins that you have randomly looted. You're also taking away something from a playerbase, which is going to be really unpopular - just ask people that suggest taking away popular tax breaks or "entitlements" in the political world. So what you're saying is the loot system cut into your bottom line earlier and this is a change to try to recoup some of that with the current change?
Mediner (NA)
: Worlds missions?
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/esports/esports-editorial/worlds-2017-missions-loot
USALuck (NA)
: Chat Restricted, Honor Demoted, Reward Removed ... for this?! .. Why?
> [{quoted}](name=USALuck,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x3dhBvaL,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-26T16:59:51.639+0000) > > USALuck: you must be an XX choromosome > USALuck: cause you take shit too personally > USALuck: just ff > USALuck: F THE FUCK > USALuck: F > USALuck: IM DONE > USALuck: pls > USALuck: this is retarded > USALuck: FF > USALuck: WE'RE DONE > USALuck: OBJ > USALuck: CONTROL > USALuck: goodnight > USALuck: im done > USALuck: im FUCKING DONE > USALuck: wasting my time > USALuck: bye > USALuck: ez game > USALuck: report us all > USALuck: morg toxic im afk gnar afk > USALuck: bye > USALuck: fuck you > USALuck: coulda saved me 10 fucking minutes I mean, so first of all, I highlighted what might be considered toxic, rude, and/or unnecessary. You're generally being a jerk, typing all in caps, threatening to AFK, insulting either your teammates, opponents or both with F-bombs. My guess is that there are either more games like this one or that you've been punished before. In the future, if you get a bad game, chock it up to being just that: a bad game. Get out, go for a walk if you need to calm down, get off the computer, look at cat pictures. Do something to chill out. For your sake I'm hoping you only got a chat restriction and you can learn to ease up on telling your teammates to F-off. If they're not doing something you like, point it out once, don't belabor, try to encourage where you can. Have a good one.
: having trouble with my mac book and league
It's going to help if you specify hardware/software. Case-in-point, I have a 13-inch mid-2010 Macbook pro right now running El Capitan 10.11.6. I replaced the original HD with an SSD and have had to replace the hard drive cable. Before I changed to the SSD, it was literally taking about 4 mins to load and would require a hard restart to get back in game. It now takes less than 1 min. I also make sure that nothing is running in the background. Console readouts during the times that you have crashes/disconnects will also help point you in the right direction.
: your just a softy who cant handle it lmfao
*You're* and *can't*. And, in response to your previous post > [{quoted}](name=johnmcclain7,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hZxBjEEv,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-10-24T15:10:08.935+0000) > > ahh so i guess jsut fuck me right? if the whole "you just can't handle it" is how you're going to respond to someone answering you, the answer is "yes, sorry you can't play well with others".
Fork xD (NA)
: So your logic is you didn't see it so it didn't happen? Nice to hear, but this isn't really an argument and therefore why should I prove my text any more than you should have to prove yours.
If you're going to make inflammatory statements contrary to the statements that Riot has put out (if you give advice without criticizing, you won't be punished [paraphrased]), without proof, you're spouting off opinions and passing them as facts. I'd counter that DG5's request is reasonable. But, you're entitled to keep your incorrect opinion if you'd like - it's a free country.
Sciela (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ad9Ubk8m,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-03T22:22:39.161+0000) > > I mean, all your skins and shit on this account probably for the best you stay here on it. Eh, I'll miss some of my icons, but the skins don't really mean much to me. I don't want to have to sit there and be afraid of being banned every game even if I do nothing wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=Sciela,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ad9Ubk8m,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-10-03T22:43:15.806+0000) > >I don't want to have to sit there and be afraid of being banned every game even if I do nothing wrong. No offense, just a word of warning: if you keep expressing the attitude "well, I did nothing wrong anyway", it's likely you'll begin to lose stuff on your alt accounts as well.
Cipppolini (EUNE)
: ***
Kim Joey (NA)
: Do I derseve this perma ban? (No trolls please)
So, I'll give my honest assessment: if this were a fresh account, this probably wouldn't be a perma-ban. That being said, take a look at each line you type and honestly ask yourself, "Am I typing about the game or am I going back-and-forth with trolls?" Now, the bad: From what I see, you take almost 13 minutes of typing in the first game before you say anything of substance about the game and, in this case, it's more of a dig than suggestion. EVERYTHING before that is either goading or crap-talking to your own team. The second game, you spend every one of your opportunities in chat ragging on the Bard (expect for ragging on the Ori). I'm not one for 3-strikes-you're-out, mandatory minimums aren't right for the real-world and on-line is made up of shades of grey as well. Assuming these are the full transcripts and only games, I would petition, acknowledge that you're getting better in toxicity, can see where your statements were not helpful at all, and ask for leniency - perhaps getting away with a new 14-day ban or something lighter. If they do grant you that, and if you want to keep the account (or any of your other accounts), lighten up on the back-and-forth bickering, especially to your own team.
Ironwill (NA)
: Of course "Being an adult" would have that kind of meaning to a child. Lemme know when you ARE an adult, and we can discuss this without your perceived bias.
Ok, I'll chime in if you want to argue. As a 34-year-old father of 2 (therefore, I think I might be an adult) 1) "typing like this" doesn't emphasize anything, so to further your argument, chill with the quotes. 2) Basic conflict resolution would state it would be best to calmly and logically list your thoughts without insults. By insulting what you're doing is setting the person/people you disagree with on the defensive automatically. I don't know a single person that states "you know, I wasn't agreeing with you until you called me a douchebag - that was the point where I realized 'holy crap, I'm acting like a DB'" 3) You'd be better off accepting that occasionally people will have a bad game and not play their best. Every once in a while, people might end up feeding as well. If you can't accept that, you probably shouldn't play the game. Occasionally people are going to cut you off in traffic - if your response is to chase them down and flip them off every time, or worse, you might not want to drive. 4) In a game where someone HAS wronged you, chill out, report, and move on. I expect some teenagers to have a problem with impulse control. I don't expect a life-long gamer who's old enough to have played ET on Atari to deal with those issues.
DrChrizz (NA)
: So, I remember around season 3 and 4 I was able to get the honor ribbons for honorable oppenent twice, mentor once and teammate once (I got 1 honorable and my teammate ones at the same time so only my honorable showed up when loading into game) Will I recieve the icons for those three aswell? Because right now I only recieved the super common 10+ honor icon and it kinda bums me out.
I'm in the same boat. I think on Reddit, they said they were giving them out on a rolling basis - some people will receive the common one first and then more nuanced ones afterward. They're probably doing the top 10% and common icon first, then moving their way down people that had ribbons in S6, 5, etc. They also said they would post when each region is done. So, a long-winded "they aren't done, we'll probably just need to wait".
: swain mains, need some advice =)
Other people have given good advice on builds, so I won't touch on that. I did want to say that you seem to be leveling q first. That's fine if you want to push the wave, but another strat is to level e against melee opponents and e+aa as much as possible popping in and out of bushes to drop aggro. If your opponent doesn't have decent regen, this is a fairly decent way to chunk them down. You're likely to get pushed in, providing a decent opportunity for your jungler to come in. Take my advice with a grain of salt, I play many more normals than ranked and haven't ranked Swain since about March/April, so I'm not sure if things have changed significantly.
: > [{quoted}](name=DaNinad,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yEf61N6M,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-07-25T20:58:54.426+0000) > > for gp fiora/jax work pretty well > > for orianna, a really good azir, a good viktor, maybe syndra/anivia would work as well. in what world does gp ever have to chose to fight jax? if you dont suck at minion control, you can just freeze a wave in front of your turret for 15 minutes, and outfarm him just whith the extra gold from your q. whats jax going to do? try to stun him? gp just hits w, heals up whatever damage was dealt to him and walks away. thats all he has to do. if youre an idiot and try to actually fight an opponent head on whos stronger than you, yea. youre going to lose. but gp has the option of not to fight and just outfarm. this is what makes him hard to shut down and pretty much impossible to directly counter in any matchup. why did you think even after a train of nerfs he repeatedly creeped his way back to the strongest top laner in solo que for the longest time? its simply the versatility and reliability of his kit.
As for "what is Jax going to do", if GP keeps minions near his tower, he's ripe for dives. A tank jungler and Jax/Fiora can consistently dive a GP that doesn't have exhaust. All that assumes GPs jungler doesn't help there. Given enough time, though, GP is going to wreck some faces (similar [though lesser] to Vayne).
SpeedVolume (EUNE)
: I obviously deserved it, but I have been banned before on my previous accounts. This is an account that I have never been restricted before - and because I got instantly banned for 2 weeks, whilst on the previous accounts I was banned/restricted before - it gave me 2 chat restrictions <10 and 25 games> before actually banning for 2 weeks. It happened to a few of my friends too after the honor system was added. What's up with it? Why am I not restricted instead of being banned?
Generally, statements like "kill yourself", other statements inciting harm to others, or use of homophobic or racist slurs can get you an escalated ban. If any of that showed up, especially something that's going to get converted to %%%s in the chat filter, it's likely the reason for skipping a tier.
: Most Kills = Most Honorable
I've felt like this as well - it's not necessarily the most kills, but the person who shows the most skill. I think it would be kind of interesting to have 4 or 5 categories and that you need 3 or more votes for a particular category to be honored. That way you could have people honored for being "skilled", "unflappable", "shot caller", "Jokester/all-around-fun", etc. They've said this is the first iteration, and I like where they're going by having a critical mass of votes to recognize someone, so I have to assume the next step is to allow people to vote for more than 1 category/have honorable opponent. I also like the idea of having a mini-award ceremony after the games though.
: > [{quoted}](name=Barkhoof,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PY4jKKW6,comment-id=00060000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-19T03:58:29.784+0000) > > If you&#x27;re implying that that study has been completed and that&#x27;s the author&#x27;s conclusion, I&#x27;d like the author and title of the paper. Google it. I'd probably have to do the same, considering it's one of many papers I've read.
And this proves to me that you don't know what you're talking about. "One of the many papers I've read." LOL, oh dear, I'm going to guess...overambitious college student. Any researcher worth his/her weight in salt will back up any claim like this with where they got the information. Anyway, God bless.
: > [{quoted}](name=Barkhoof,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PY4jKKW6,comment-id=000600000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-18T12:24:40.747+0000) > > This is the last reply I&#x27;m going to make because once you try to get into morality and state, specifically, whether God/deities determine right and wrong, implying that moral codes DON&#x27;T come from beliefs in a deity, I know you&#x27;re trolling. > > Secondly, stop trying to throw out random qualifications to try to prove your point. Your sub-speciality doesn&#x27;t impress because, as a neurobiologist, you know that the biology side of the research focuses mainly on the structural and, strictly, biological portion of the science. You know that cocaine can inflict damage on the substantia nigra but your realm of expertise doesn&#x27;t necessarily give you more weight when thinking about programs trying to combat cocaine use in America. Psychology and psychiatry focuses on the more clinical portion of neurological symptoms. Your words might have had more weight if you had remained more ambiguous with &quot;a major in neurological issues&quot;. > > Either way, have a good day! If moral codes come from a belief in a deity, then which moral code should you follow? Are you a sinner because you drink alcohol? For some religions that is the case. Others argue the opposite. The biological side tends to be the most objective. A study done using scans of the brain detecting activity in centers controlling anger has indicated that the subjects show less activity in those areas after having vented. Psychology focuses on reported feelings - and we all know just how accurate self-reporting is.
If you're implying that that study has been completed and that's the author's conclusion, I'd like the author and title of the paper.
: > [{quoted}](name=Barkhoof,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PY4jKKW6,comment-id=0006000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2017-06-18T03:09:46.887+0000) > > Sure, of course it&#x27;s an attempt. When my 4-year-old takes my 1-year-olds toy, her immediate attempt to relieve her frustration is to hit the toy out of the older kids hand. Does that mean it&#x27;s the right reaction? Or, is a better reaction a) de-escalation or b) appealing to a higher power? > > And, as for your statement that a common way to relieve mental pain is to retaliate through words: please. Who taught you THAT one? Was it a mental health professional? Because if so, that person needs to have their license revoked. Is it the right reaction? I do not know. You do not know. No being has the right to make that distinction. Right and wrong is not even for the realm of gods. God decides right and wrong? Which god? What if there is no god? Things simply just **are**. An immediate attempt to relieve frustration is just that - an attempt to relieve frustration as soon as possible. As someone who majored in neurobiology (thus having a sub-speciality in neurological issues), you can alleviate a type of mental pain (in this case anger, frustration, etc) by venting said frustration on the medium that inflicted it upon you. Such is commonly seen in the 'shooting-the-messenger' sort of scenarios.
This is the last reply I'm going to make because once you try to get into morality and state, specifically, whether God/deities determine right and wrong, implying that moral codes DON'T come from beliefs in a deity, I know you're trolling. Secondly, stop trying to throw out random qualifications to try to prove your point. Your sub-speciality doesn't impress because, as a neurobiologist, you know that the biology side of the research focuses mainly on the structural and, strictly, biological portion of the science. You know that cocaine can inflict damage on the substantia nigra but your realm of expertise doesn't necessarily give you more weight when thinking about programs trying to combat cocaine use in America. Psychology and psychiatry focuses on the more clinical portion of neurological symptoms. Your words might have had more weight if you had remained more ambiguous with "a major in neurological issues". Either way, have a good day!
4Jhín (NA)
: MAMA MEEP Today at 18:24 Hey again, What others are saying or doing is irrelevant to your own behavior. As I mentioned, what you were doing was only contributing to a negative environment which is why this ban was placed. (this was in regards to me trying to stop a fight) Swear words are fine, but using swear words in an offensive manner towards others isn't okay. This means your first example could be seen as toxic, whereas the latter would be disregarded by our system. Something that may be a joke to you can be offensive to others. That is why you always have to be mindful of those around you. Below are specific examples of negativity from your chatlogs: 4Jhín: 1300 fucking damage with his ult lul 4Jhín: dont fight, farm, stay close to turret 4Jhín: we can win if u will just stop raging and farm 4Jhín: ^ 4Jhín: lul 4Jhín: that flash Regards, Mama Meep Player Behavior, Game and Tech Support ❄️ Meep Collector ❄️ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Those were what were listed as being "offensive." Me telling someone to stop raging was some how negative in their eyes because they thought I was making the situation worse. And I am not sure what they are talking about the swearing because the only thing I said was "4Jhín: 1300 fucking damage with his ult lul."
If I may be so bold, that's absolutely stupid.
Show more

Barkhoof

Level 138 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion