A1RD0G (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ChroniclerC,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8iJBjiKx,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-10T02:35:39.156+0000) > > Well, yeah. I took one look at the contest page and was all "Oh, they're crowdsourcing their emote art." Kind of scummy to hide that kind of rights transfer in the fine print of the application rules, but par for the course these days. Still, good of you to point it out. ^_^ When we collaborate with community creators to produce things for use in product or promotion we commission those creators directly. Our ongoing Helmet Bro Series, the Lux/Braum/Draven Mixes, the Facebook Stickers, Academy Adventures, Punches and Plants, and dozens of other awesome projects are examples of community collaborations. We run contests like this to create an opportunity to participate and hopefully have fun.
> [{quoted}](name=hi geoffrey,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8iJBjiKx,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-07-10T15:14:52.820+0000) > > When we collaborate with community creators to produce things for use in product or promotion we commission those creators directly. Our ongoing Helmet Bro Series, the Lux/Braum/Draven Mixes, the Facebook Stickers, Academy Adventures, Punches and Plants, and dozens of other awesome projects are examples of community collaborations. We run contests like this to create an opportunity to participate and hopefully have fun. I hope you do not take the scrutiny personally; people get jumpy when they see a contract.
: I got banned for receiving Gifts ?!
My IT Information Security senses are telling me this is a correct step in dealing with someone gaming the system with either fake RP or using a tactic to get free RP by charging back a credit card. In any case, while you may be ignorant of what was going on, you received stolen goods multiple times. It would be good to get some clarity on this issue from a Riot employee. If this is an ignorant party suffering from the actions of a malicious party, then this needs to be appended into the ToS if it is not already, which I do not see currently.
Anin777 (EUW)
: ***
That's an extremely intelligent post, I can feel my intellectual inferiority from here. After all, with the creativity and intelligence of a guy who's alias is "Anin777" can only be of legendary proportions. Perhaps it is an alternate account used to scapegoat because you're scared to actually stick to what your held beliefs are. Damn, I feel so emasculated by this obviously bad ass Alpha male.
: Actual Picture of Someone on the Gameplay Boards
Oh look, a subtle call to WoW, where Ghostcrawler was from. Nicely done. I know it was not intentional, I also don't subscribe to the Ghostcrawler hate train; not to say I like all he has done either.
Limrick (NA)
: Uhhh, what? A champion being easy has nothing to do with how high they can take you up the ladder. Garen is undoubtedly easier than Yasuo, but you can't get to Challenger with him either. Also, what's with this attitude of "you aren't Challenger, so your opinion doesn't mean anything"?
It's called a logical fallacy and they're everywhere on this website.
: Yeah, watch the dev corner posts by Meddler and you'll get a pretty good idea of where the balance team's heads are. They aren't as silent as people claim, nor is the game headed in as terrible a direction as people claim. As Ghostcrawler wrote once on his blog: >Another way this is visualized as you being on one mountain peak, and wanting to be at an even higher peak, but having to go down the mountain into a scary valley of chaos before you can climb up to that other peak. He was talking about other things at the time, but I believe this analogy applies to balance, as well. Sometimes you have to break systems a little bit to build better ones; we're in a period like that right now with Marksmen, and the game feels weird. That doesn't mean it will stay weird.
The post is about the absence of Riot employees who's jobs are related to game balance being present in the gameplay boards. It's not about an absence of Riot interaction through the Dev Corner, but scarcity within a specific board.
: I love you tactically avoid talking about ADC... smooth {{summoner:13}}
Friend, Bazerka is not a gameplay developer, simply a Riot employee who plays the game and has some opinions on what was in the original post. Would you rather they bullshit you with knowledge they do not have over a topic, or simply avoid talking about it in order to not distract from their intended post over material they do know or have formulated opinions about? {{summoner:3}}
: "Oh Darius is only winning because people want MUH EDGELORD! I'm so upset Garen won't win!"
Maybe I just like the basic icon of Darius over the basic icon of Garen? I'm guaranteed to get a cool looking wolf over a really bad basic kitten icon. So I picked what guaranteed rewards I wanted over what rewards I could possibly get. I agree that the Garen win Icon is better. I was happy at the start when I picked Darius over Garen and Garen was winning, because then I would have the two rewards I wanted.
: Update on Updated Spellblade VFX!
I have no way of knowing if I was responsible for bringing it up or not, but I am very happy that our feedback was implemented into the change on spellblade. Thanks for partially renewing my faith that feedback matters. https://i.gyazo.com/0f516c0f57876ea4c53477bd66031d49.png
Ifneth (NA)
: Third Choice in Versus: Democracy!
[MURICA](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M)
: > [{quoted}](name=Battalion,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KKgbN90T,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2018-06-27T01:57:49.194+0000) > > Targon is evil, I can get behind that. > > Shadow Isles are the misunderstood lot. > > Then you've got the purest of all champion, all aspects, the one that does not care of your evil or of your righteousness, they just do what they were meant to do > > {{champion:203}} Disagree. {{champion:33}} is the purest champion of all. Fucker literally just wants to roll around and eat beetles. How can you get more pure than that?
: i got them for 800 rp with 20 orbs, and 1 guaranteed gemstone and 176 tokens. i think you looked at the wrong bundle, maybe. the 10 lion + 10 wolf orbs were the ones that were 800 for me. its still locked behind 800 rp, but at least its still ok when you take the skin shards into account. and you can squeeze 4 more champion shards out of the tokens from the bundle. that already makes 24. **edit.: i just looked into my purchase history. the bundle was 500 rp, not 800 rp. you basically pay regular price for the icons and get a bunch of shit for free**
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TRWEEQcm,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-06-27T17:59:04.380+0000) > > i got them for 800 rp with 20 orbs, and 1 guaranteed gemstone and 176 tokens. > > i think you looked at the wrong bundle, maybe. the 10 lion + 10 wolf orbs were the ones that were 800 for me. > > its still locked behind 800 rp, but at least its still ok when you take the skin shards into account. and you can squeeze 4 more champion shards out of the tokens from the bundle. that already makes 24. > > **edit.: i just looked into my purchase history. the bundle was 500 rp, not 800 rp. you basically pay regular price for the icons and get a bunch of shit for free** I'm pretty bad at navigating the "new" store, I was too used to the standard legacy client. Could you screenshot which bundle you're referring to?
: Updated Spellblade VFX on PBE
I don't agree that the new spellblade particle is better, I believe that detail is lost when removing the white highlighting starburst. I would, however, use the smokey crimson colour instead of the original. Basically: Take the dark red from the right picture, keep the white starburst from the first, keep the ray effect from the first. The others seem great. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Are you just looking to make Targon as unsympathetically hated as possible? The True Antagonists...
Targon is evil, I can get behind that. Shadow Isles are the misunderstood lot. Then you've got the purest of all champion, all aspects, the one that does not care of your evil or of your righteousness, they just do what they were meant to do {{champion:203}}
: I Believe After This its Only Fair To Ask for a Diana VS Leona Event
There was already a Leona vs Diana event if I remember correctly.
Rioter Comments
: Ward cheering makes LCS unwatchable
It's funny in moderation, or for the circumstance. If your team is doing abysmal and then they clear a ward, then their fans cheer, it's funny. That's not what happens now.
: 80 (+55% AP) damage is not 40% of your HP. When did your health bar become about 250 HP? Edit: yeah boards are a fun circlejerking downvoting people stating facts you can LITERALLY GOOGLE YOURSELF
You've upset the bads with your use of math and common sense, they're jealous they do not possess either.
: I have a feeling Varus is a different ethnicity of darkin. He isn't related to Aatrox or Rhaast, whom of which are genetically brothers.
: by every gave, you mean that 2 out of 10 teams in eulcs might do it, and 2 in na lcs? its not as often used as you make it sound like
It was every team besides one in the last 2 weeks that I watched that had a funneling strat of either Kai'sa, Yi, or Irellia as the gold funnel target. It's not as common in NA, but it happened last night.
Chermorg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CrazFight ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GLPwJjEZ,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-24T05:22:55.697+0000) > > Chermog are you ok lmao. probably not motherfucker.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GLPwJjEZ,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-06-24T05:38:20.108+0000) > > probably not motherfucker. You're a salty boi, Cherry.
Anin777 (EUW)
: Do we actually need more champs?
I'd go for 3 more maybe 4 more, make them really ridiculously innovative, and if they turn out to be trash, rework them later, but start from the ground up.
Zac x Me (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Battalion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pyEmxHyQ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-06-23T22:57:19.014+0000) > > "Why don't you want to play with me? What did I do? Why are you being such a mean butt about it?" no u
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pyEmxHyQ,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-06-23T23:50:06.085+0000) > > no u That was in response to the guy saying just say that you don't want to play with someone. The moment that happens they're going to take personal offense and some might just ask "Why" and you still end up being, to use his words, a "mean butt". I guess it's mandatory to put some sort of massive bat-signal on sarcasm.
: ***
In what LoL game has anyone been level 2 by 10 minutes? The passive XP makes you at least 3 by 10 minutes.
Zac x Me (NA)
: or you could just tell them "i dont want to play with you please understand" instead of being a mean butt about it
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pyEmxHyQ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-23T20:21:38.080+0000) > > or you could just tell them "i dont want to play with you please understand" instead of being a mean butt about it "Why don't you want to play with me? What did I do? Why are you being such a mean butt about it?"
: I actually hate that metas exist. I remember the days when everyone could play what ever they felt like, like you just mentioned... Now a days people just play what ever is "freelo" because everyone is trying too hard to win instead of trying to have fun. And that itself makes me feel depressed because I love the game, but sometimes people aren't trying to have fun anymore.
I don't really remember that and I've been playing since a week after launch. There's been a few times sporadically where "anything goes". The largest diversity of Junglers had to be in Season 3 with the spirit stone item. S2 in general had a lot of diversity, however even back in S1 and S0 there were clear ideas of who is and who is not viable at the time. This thing where people talk about a mythical point in time in League history where meta didn't exist needs to stop.
: > [{quoted}](name=Battalion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3BWdnwiN,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-06-22T12:13:03.032+0000) > > https://www.mobafire.com/images/champion/skins/landscape/olaf-forsaken.jpg > https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/5GkHRl1KClrNrKUytAJQiv6p1Pw=/0x0:1215x717/1200x800/filters:focal(755x103:949x297)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/51616263/Jayce_Splash_4.0.jpg I just never ever see Jayce skins in general. Like, I've never seen one outside of the PBE.
> [{quoted}](name=ZackTheWaffleMan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3BWdnwiN,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-06-22T15:10:08.612+0000) > > I just never ever see Jayce skins in general. > > Like, I've never seen one outside of the PBE. Those are both skins I own, the only skins I own for those champs for one reason or another. I cheated a bit. It's skins I don't see anyone else play *besides myself*.
Blåkläder (EUNE)
: skins that you never see
https://www.mobafire.com/images/champion/skins/landscape/olaf-forsaken.jpg https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/5GkHRl1KClrNrKUytAJQiv6p1Pw=/0x0:1215x717/1200x800/filters:focal(755x103:949x297)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/51616263/Jayce_Splash_4.0.jpg
: And has nothing to do with "meta".
The question was if the meta was fun or bad, as if it cannot be both. Their answer, based on having a non-auto attacking duo-partner, is that the meta is fun for them.
Laz1973 (NA)
: Honor system is slightly patronizing
You are just a data dot to the grand machine. You, Data Dot, that is your name, Data Dot. Ok, Data Dot, here is a key; fresh and shiny. You like Shiny Keys, don't you, Data Dot? You will only get more Shiny Keys if you are nice and play hard! Here is another Shiny Key, Data Dot. Now get out there and play League of Legends. What? You don't want to go? There is a chance Shiny Keys at the end and even a Shiny Chest. I knew you'd like more Shiny Keys, Data Dot.
koshkyra (NA)
: PSA: ATTACK THE NEXUS
>PSA: ATTACK THE NEXUS No.
: Every 50,000 champion mastery points should reset the chest award.
The one trick curse https://i.gyazo.com/5154e913ee6f4c958c8cb27e5f4b006a.mp4
: I. Will Always. Make This Argument: **A visual update doesn't fully mean it's a new skin.** Yes. Irelia, Urgot, and now soon to be Aatrox are reworked. But they have not received any new skin past their reworks. Eve, Warwick and Swain have been reworked but they have gotten new skins, new themes to represent the champion. Let's take Urgot and his Crabgot skin for example. Overall theme: he's a giant crab monster. Differences: Old was based on very old B movie monster films, say Creature of the Black Lagoon, new one is based on Kaiju monster films like Pacific Rim or Godzilla. Did this change how many skin he had? No. He still has his base, butcher, crabgot and battlecast skin. Short version: A remade/updated skin doesn't necessarily count as a new skin. It doesn't add any new theme to the champ, it's just updated visuals to those pre-existing skins.
The amount of resources allocated **to make those new model skins** should and definitely does count towards **a new skin**. No it's not a different theme, but it is a new model asset. Getting a rework like those three have is so much better than a single new skin; that amount of attention is not common.
: Don't really think you can count Urgot, Irelia, and Aatrox, as they all just got reworks, which essentially remade all their skins
I agree 100%, however the opinion on the boards is new content =/= new skins even if that new content IS a new skin, or a whole host of new skins. It's a ridiculously ignorant and petty stance, but it's the common stance none-the-less.
: Now that no one has looked at this post for a half a year, I can safely reveal that "plague rat's brown cough" actually means a "plague rat's fart." You're welcome, world! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: An Appeal for Aatrox
There was a memo, interspace, a memo! Aan Aapeaal for Aatrox.
: It is intended so you can more easily transfer buffs. Do not know why they have it happen to like wolf and gromp and stuff.
That's my biggest question. I get why (now) that it happens to blue & red, but why the other camps and why scuttle? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
: Who do i main to be a one trick player? (One trick responses encouraged and welcomed!)
I'm hovering at the same rank/mmr/elo of Gold 5 - Plat 4. In ranked I was going against Gold 2 - Plat 3, 60% winrate as pre-buff Kindred. It would have been higher but 8.11 hit mid placements and destroyed Kindred and my placements became lose streaks; going L - W - W - W - W - W - W - L - L - L and getting placed in G5. The checklist for one-tricking a champion for me: * Do I like their character concept? Do I find it cool? * Are they played too much? (Uniqueness is a positive) * How high is the skill ceiling? * How low is the skill floor? * Can I play this champion into most team compositions? * What are the counters to this champion? Are those counters meta? Everyone has their personal draws and wants different answers to these questions. Kindred arguably fails the last two points; having many counters that are meta right now and struggling to fit in every team composition. Edit: In Ranked & Normals I one trick Kindred. At Lvl 7 160k Mastery Points, I only play a few games a week at most.
Rioter Comments
Geneseid (NA)
: There's practically no item in this game you can build against Yi
: Wow, that's such an improvement
I actually like how he looks more now. Though his gauntlet still looks low-res in comparison to the rest of his body, specifically the horns and other head ornaments.
Zeyd (NA)
: Was about to say. HOLY SHIT, YOU GOT 30 MINUTES INTO A GAME. THAT'S INSANE. Honestly I thought that might have been a new record for longest game on the patch. This meta is a complete J O K E. Give back the skill riot no one wants to button mash on one item wonders to decide every game.
Sounds like pre-rework {{item:3031}} on ADC's. https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/13/2/1522148214-xh59cdw.png This patch is great, the turrets need to be stronger, that's the only caveat.
Du Ma Mi (NA)
: What's with this meta?
Enjoy it while it lasts, everyone likes to say like "oh I wish I was in Season 1 when no one knew what they were doing". This is the dream and it'll be gone before you know it. So enjoy it for now, they'll reign it back in before worlds very likely.
: You have some extremely dubious logic there. First of all, {{champion:39}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:24}}. The fighter class in general are not about skillshots or long CD spells, and there are plenty of late game hypercarries in that class, as well as spread throughout the game. Ranged point and click attacks and huge damage aren't exclusive to ADCs either, so I'm not sure what game you've been playing. Also, the hyperbole does not help your argument, and just goes to show how biased and ignorant you are. Try to stick to the facts, there's nothing "astronomical" about the damage level on ADCs, unless you apply that adjective to all DPS and burst characters. Secondly, you are obviously conflating "different" with "diverse". The champs that have invaded bot lane and started to take the place of standard ADCs are NOT diversifying the game overall. Bot lane is not a vacuum removed from the rest of the game, so your 4/10 reasoning makes _zero_ sense. {{champion:8}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:50}} are all champs that are played in at least two other roles both before this patch and after. On the other hand, removing marksmen viability in bot lane did not make them any more viable anywhere else. This is an overall net _decrease_ in "diversity", as removing the viability of a class of champions merely reduces the diversity of viable champions in the game. So no, this isn't a logical or sustainable philosophy for diversity at all, and once this 'non-marksmen' bot lane meta is stabilized, there will simply be a _different_ subset of champions that are most effective there. Or, more likely Riot will simply take steps to reverse the gutting of marksmen and they return to being the most effective picks in the only lane they work well in, which is how it should be. Third, I don't care what you play. I'm only dealing with your arguments here, and those arguments show bias, ignorance, and do not make logical sense.
>You have some extremely dubious logic there. First of all, . The fighter class in general are not about skillshots or long CD spells, and there are plenty of late game hypercarries in that class, as well as spread throughout the game. Ranged point and click attacks and huge damage aren't exclusive to ADCs either, so I'm not sure what game you've been playing. I specifically stated that my comments were about ranged auto attacks from Marksmen. If you cannot see the obvious tactical advantage of having a ranged attack over melee attacks, I suggest you think about how the majority of the map is laid out (hint: walls). You're making a false equivalency to Fighters, which are Melee, and do not benefit from the same sort of benefits that Marksmen get with AA ranges that are 3x+ their radius. >Also, the hyperbole does not help your argument, and just goes to show how biased and ignorant you are. Try to stick to the facts, there's nothing "astronomical" about the damage level on ADCs, unless you apply that adjective to all DPS and burst characters. Yeah ok. What hyperbole? The 500-600 damage crits from the standard ADC Marksmen before the nerfs or the outliers of 700+ Crits well into the low 1000's with super fed crit carries? It's not uncommon to see "highest crit 10XX" in the end game lobby before the crit changes. You know what else does 500-1000-ish damage? Abilities. >Secondly, you are obviously conflating "different" with "diverse". The champs that have invaded bot lane and started to take the place of standard ADCs are NOT diversifying the game overall. Bot lane is not a vacuum removed from the rest of the game, so your 4/10 reasoning makes zero sense. The game is being diversified by the fact that more champions are being played besides the 5 ADC's at a time. Bot lane has never seen more combinations in the bottom lane (also known as diversity but what do I know about the English language). The comparison is that instead of the same boring 5 ADCs and the same boring 5 Supports you get a whole host of different combinations going bottom lane so that 4/10 players are not trying to get the 1st best duo and the 2nd best duo. Even *if* this new shake up settles and a few champions are picked overall in the bot lane, it will still not be as strict as the old meta since you aren't required to have 1 part of the pair being the role of marksmen. You can have 2 fighters, 1 fighter + support, 1 tank + 1 support, and so on and so forth. You can play for team fights with a more mid-game centric bot lane that may not stomp their lane and snowball into the end, but work well for the team-fighting stage of the match. >Third, I don't care what you play. I'm only dealing with your arguments here, and those arguments show bias, ignorance, and do not make logical sense. You obviously do care what I play. As for Ignorance and the lack logical, look at your points and how they address simple mathematical facts like the number of bot lane combinations increasing because one part of a pair is no longer shackled to a specific role; 4/10 players in a match have increased pick diversity. >It's OK. You simply do not like the style of champion, and it shows. Just say that instead of hiding behind vague terms like 'diversity'.
Rioter Comments
potchiker (EUW)
: Real current meta Top : Irelia Jungle: Irelia Mid : Irelia ADC: Irelia Supp: Irelia
Missing Supp Lulu, but other than that, yeah sounds legit.
: What's your favourite champ or the typical character the champ represents
{{champion:203}} Because everyone wants a friend 'till the end. I'm also an identical twin, so ... kinda relatable that they were the same and split into two. The same but clearly different with their own identities. Not trying to be philosophical, but it's pretty relatable. Also I like the whole Dark & Light aspect, as well that Death isn't always painful it can be quick and merciful. This is why I call them the Duality of Death instead of the Eternal Hunters.
: Funny thing is this actually happened. Riot said a while ago they were testing a shaco rework/new kit where he could throw himself as a dagger or something. Problem is if it hit windwall Shaco ceased existing.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PllQoO3k,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-06-18T20:49:33.358+0000) > > Funny thing is this actually happened. > > Riot said a while ago they were testing a shaco rework/new kit where he could throw himself as a dagger or something. Problem is if it hit windwall Shaco ceased existing. The dream.
: Anybody remember the last time they took Elder Dragon?
Show more

Battalion

Level 76 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion