: I Keep Being Abandoned By Supports
Support main here too, fwiw a good support should leave their adc alone at strategic points during the game. This allows them to spread their influence to other lanes and hopefully secure more things. I'd recommend altering your playstyle when your support roams to be a bit safer and cautious of engages or risky cs. GLHF!
Wuks (NA)
: How was your week though? :)
> [{quoted}](name=Wuks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0VjQgRJ2,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-02-08T06:04:13.853+0000) > > How was your week though? :) Not bad, ups and downs like most weeks.
Xzq (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nJqft3IF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-08T01:11:55.945+0000) > > Lots, but my fav being the new Nunu :3. They nailed it with the VO and story. Welcome back! Hope you have fun! Hey ! Quick question , do you think Rioters have forgotten about Taric ? Its almost 1000 days since he got his last skin and many other champion but after reading his comic him climbing Mount Targon he really inspired me and i wish that he will receive a skin that shows how powerful he is . Sorry to bother you ! I was really curious for a long time about this question ! Have a nice day !
> [{quoted}](name=Xzq,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nJqft3IF,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-08T17:57:19.353+0000) > > Hey ! Quick question , do you think Rioters have forgotten about Taric ? Its almost 1000 days since he got his last skin and many other champion but after reading his comic him climbing Mount Targon he really inspired me and i wish that he will receive a skin that shows how powerful he is . Sorry to bother you ! I was really curious for a long time about this question ! Have a nice day ! I can assure you we've not forgotten about Taric (lets be real, hes pretty unforgettable). However Idk about skins production. I'm not entirely sure what strategy goes into choosing what skins to make where, but I can imagine it has something to do with how much we can make period. We are only human on this side of the computer, and that means theres a limit to how much we can work and make. But again, I'm not on those teams or in the know of exactly whats going down, so I can only speculate :3 Sorry you're frustrated that Taric hasn't gotten a new skin recently :(, I feel you.
Kei143 (NA)
: but you still recruiting coordinator?
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cixo6tNv,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-08T01:20:42.193+0000) > > but you still recruiting coordinator? No that tag is super old, but idk how to get it changed XD.
Kei143 (NA)
: HEYYY !!! you appeared !! Whats been happening? Missed you.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cixo6tNv,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-08T01:14:27.773+0000) > > HEYYY !!! you appeared !! > > Whats been happening? Missed you. Haha hi! I moved to a new team & a new job at Rito, so been heads down on stuff. Its been hard to find time to get back to the boards :3. Appreciate the warm welcome though!
  Rioter Comments
: Coming back to play after 2-3 years...
Lots, but my fav being the new Nunu :3. They nailed it with the VO and story. Welcome back! Hope you have fun!
GreyfellD (EUW)
: Impossible to make friends on League
I hear you :/. Its def hard, but I don't think its on purpose. Depending on what que you're in it could simply be that people are concentrating hard, and typing while playing league is pretty difficult. I took out the Riot tag in my name cause I felt bad about not being able to talk with friendly players mostly cause i was top lane in ranked, and frankly im bad enough at the game that it requires my full attention to play. Sorry it feels this way tho, hopefully there are other avenues that help! I've really enjoyed meeting friends of friends in game. Voice chat helps to meet new ppl :D.
L4T3NCY (NA)
: Not bad.. just trolling your desk while you're not here. :3
> [{quoted}](name=L4T3NCY,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kQjwEpWE,comment-id=0029,timestamp=2018-10-13T01:21:03.754+0000) > > Not bad.. just trolling your desk while you're not here. :3 There's a lesson to be learnt here. Time to buy auto desk defense turrets.
Jaspers (EUW)
: Good to hear people are safe. It's alright, I have tea, been playing Destiny 2 on PS because it was free last month... think I'm already done with it due to the fact I have no one to play with and the end game content doesn't have match making. Really itching to play Black Ops 4 Blackout but the MP was so bad (it was just a BO3 light with double the quickscoping) I can't warrant paying £50 for just a BR mode. Thinking of going to buy some new climbing shoes tomorrow, want to start going that again.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kQjwEpWE,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2018-10-12T22:58:44.916+0000) > > Good to hear people are safe. It's alright, I have tea, been playing Destiny 2 on PS because it was free last month... think I'm already done with it due to the fact I have no one to play with and the end game content doesn't have match making. > > Really itching to play Black Ops 4 Blackout but the MP was so bad (it was just a BO3 light with double the quickscoping) I can't warrant paying £50 for just a BR mode. Thinking of going to buy some new climbing shoes tomorrow, want to start going that again. Yea, personally I wish they had given a BR mode only pricing option. I'd happily pay $15 to only play BR :3. You should definitely get back into climbing! I've been bouldering for the past 6 years, and love it. Im too distracted to do normal exercise, so bouldering suits me well :)
: Glad to hear your family is ok. My Friday has been good, just getting ready to leave for a couple weeks to get married.
> [{quoted}](name=BloodLynx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kQjwEpWE,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-10-12T22:53:52.442+0000) > > Glad to hear your family is ok. My Friday has been good, just getting ready to leave for a couple weeks to get married. Eyyy congrats!! Wishing you a happy future! :3
: Good aside from stressing for my All State Orchesta Auditions that I should be practicing instead of playing league. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=Ethan Allen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kQjwEpWE,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-10-12T22:27:07.426+0000) > > Good aside from stressing for my All State Orchesta Auditions that I should be practicing instead of playing league. > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} I remember All State auditions o.0. I once sneezed in the room and I swear the echo reverbed for 5 minutes. Never been more embarrassed.
: I hope that your parents made it out safe and they don't come back to ... well what hurricanes make you come back to! All the best to them! My dad has been in the hospital for the last few weeks because an infection from his foot (from bad circulation which the surgery finally fixed!!!!) threw a chunk and it landed and infected a bone in his spine... his afib has been on and on for months, but they're hopeful his infection is going away and they can try the 12th treatment to correct it (opening him up like a fish and burning a vein out of his heart that's causing it). My uncle's wife found him unresponsive and non breathing a week ago. Turns out his lungs were mostly fluid from pneumonia but he is revovering I'm great because everyone just needs time to heal!!!
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kQjwEpWE,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-10-12T22:22:41.846+0000) > > I hope that your parents made it out safe and they don't come back to ... well what hurricanes make you come back to! All the best to them! > > My dad has been in the hospital for the last few weeks because an infection from his foot (from bad circulation which the surgery finally fixed!!!!) threw a chunk and it landed and infected a bone in his spine... his afib has been on and on for months, but they're hopeful his infection is going away and they can try the 12th treatment to correct it (opening him up like a fish and burning a vein out of his heart that's causing it). My uncle's wife found him unresponsive and non breathing a week ago. Turns out his lungs were mostly fluid from pneumonia but he is revovering > > I'm great because everyone just needs time to heal!!! Thats crazy! Hope he recovers alright. That must have been scary :S
  Rioter Comments
The Iceborn (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=p3gWgpZM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-24T16:48:17.309+0000) > > One question for you: How do you differentiate between players that were genuinely experiencing network issues (aka the AFK wasn't their fault) vs purposeful AFK's. As people we have an _easier_ time distinguishing this, but computers aren't nearly as good at this. The leaver buster identification could work, but keep in mind Leaver Buster aggregates trends **over time**, which we have actually solved for (see Loss Prevention). The hard part is we don't want to punish people for problems that are out of their control, but we have no way to determine that. > > Just some thoughts :). Good job on putting some critical thought in this! You know Bazerka, that is not a question that you should be asking us, it is a question that you should be asking your colleagues ,,people, how do we fix this so players dont end up losing Lp because one person decided to not play".. Just saying :)
> [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=p3gWgpZM,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2018-09-24T18:01:53.528+0000) > > You know Bazerka, that is not a question that you should be asking us, it is a question that you should be asking your colleagues ,,people, how do we fix this so players dont end up losing Lp because one person decided to not play".. > Just saying :) ;) I'm asking rhetorically to show you the problem we face when thinking about this issue. An issue like this is rarely an "easy" solve. Thats all.
: The problem of Rague-Quiters seems to me much more frequent than that of the "Trolls". It would be good if the detection system was better, for example if the system remembers if the game was closed manually or if it was playing Alt-F4, and that way punish severely. (Of course we will never tell our players that the system detects these 2 things) ;)
> [{quoted}](name=Salvor Hardın,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=p3gWgpZM,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-24T17:03:37.936+0000) > > The problem of Rague-Quiters seems to me much more frequent than that of the "Trolls". > It would be good if the detection system was better, for example if the system remembers if the game was closed manually or if it was playing Alt-F4, and that way punish severely. > (Of course we will never tell our players that the system detects these 2 things) > ;) -slowly puts on tin foil hat- X)
: fun factor. and i think putting a lot of eggs in one basket where ADC is that much more important, particularly to support and protect, makes it volatile. in that it makes heroes in other lanes have a difficulty to win back a game if their bot lane loses. not fun for a game to count so much on whether bot lane is competent or not. overall it's all preference end of the day. pro teams will always find /adapt to what's meta and see how best to play the game. idea i to please everyone main issues with ADCs before was that IE was just that much strong if they got slightly ahead, their snowball potential was big. the IE changes towards more mid late item was needed.
> [{quoted}](name=LilxPaprika,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QbQfbguG,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-24T16:29:38.589+0000) > > fun factor. and i think putting a lot of eggs in one basket where ADC is that much more important, particularly to support and protect, makes it volatile. in that it makes heroes in other lanes have a difficulty to win back a game if their bot lane loses. > not fun for a game to count so much on whether bot lane is competent or not. > overall it's all preference end of the day. pro teams will always find /adapt to what's meta and see how best to play the game. > > idea i to please everyone > > main issues with ADCs before was that IE was just that much strong if they got slightly ahead, their snowball potential was big. the IE changes towards more mid late item was needed. From my perspective its pretty much this. Things can get pretty stale pretty fast.
: LP Loss Due To afk, New Ranked Season Idea.
One question for you: How do you differentiate between players that were genuinely experiencing network issues (aka the AFK wasn't their fault) vs purposeful AFK's. As people we have an _easier_ time distinguishing this, but computers aren't nearly as good at this. The leaver buster identification could work, but keep in mind Leaver Buster aggregates trends **over time**, which we have actually solved for (see Loss Prevention). The hard part is we don't want to punish people for problems that are out of their control, but we have no way to determine that. Just some thoughts :). Good job on putting some critical thought in this!
: How much RP can Riot give you?
Its worth a try! You never know, and really the worst that can happen is you get a "sorry we can't give you that much rp".
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PEQ5EhLi,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-07T19:02:27.363+0000) > > Thanks, but it really should have been said at the beginning. As someone who has had a deep struggle with suicide in the past this point in particular cut deep. The silent way might seem the most safe but it's usually the wrong one because you (_Disclaimer: not directed at "you" Bazerka, it's a hypotetic you for the sake of explanation_) are letting angry people interpreting what your stance is. Actions were ultimately taken, it's nice to see that ppl can't just go full rambo on social media without holding also their responsabilities for doing so. I liked your attempt at ease the situation and I believe that it indirectly did, we needed to see something different and with a red tag on it.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PEQ5EhLi,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-07T19:06:59.612+0000) > > The silent way might seem the most safe but it's usually the wrong one because you (_Disclaimer: not directed at "you" Bazerka, it's a hypotetic you for the sake of explanation_) are letting angry people interpreting what your stance is. Actions were ultimately taken, it's nice to see that ppl can't just go full rambo on social media without holding also their responsabilities for doing so. > > I liked your attempt at ease the situation and I believe that it indirectly did, we needed to see something different and with a red tag on it. For sure, FWIW I also never pretended that my statements or responses should serve as the medicine needed to heal the wounds that have been caused. Rather my hope is that they serve as a springboard for conversations and dialogue to begin talk about the solution and being the healing process. I, much like yourself, really hope to see an official response from Riot. However, I also don't expect one immediately because many of the conversations (I suspect, I dont know) are quite sensitive in nature since they deal with a person's reputation. I'd imagine we want to be thoughtful and careful in the response (and yes I also realize waiting could potentially make it seem disingenuous, but I think the risk is worth the thoughtfulness if done correctly).
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=00010000000000180000,timestamp=2018-09-08T17:54:13.835+0000) > > Not an ignorant question at all! There are many times where females or non-binary people are discriminated against because people can't believe they can do a job well (even when thats totally not the case). Also in the work place, loud alpha type (high volume, action type) personalities tend to be valued more. Women in particular tend not to have those types of personalities, and subsequently get overlooked for promotions etc. > > Keep in mind, these examples are off the top of my head, but a quick google search will reveal mountains of data and articles on the subject. Thats a much better resource than the two examples that I can think of off the top of my head :) TFW the rioter that is not only advocating for DZK is also the one who literally contradicts DZK and riot accidentally by stating that its not sexism and its just that women don't tend to have (or display, and you have to display it or else the people interviewing/hiring you won't know) the personality traits and or necessary qualities required to be in the position. YIKES RIOT
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Has No Balls,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000001800000002,timestamp=2018-09-08T20:38:51.179+0000) > > TFW the rioter that is not only advocating for DZK is also the one who literally contradicts DZK and riot accidentally by stating that its not sexism and its just that women don't tend to have (or display, and you have to display it or else the people interviewing/hiring you won't know) the personality traits and or necessary qualities required to be in the position. YIKES RIOT TFW you quell your anger at the internet when you remember the person behind the keyboard typing hate doesn't know anything about you, your background, and how they don't know much patience, empathy, and care you have for them simply because they seem like they are a person who deserves that kindness. Hope you have a good evening friend :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T18:59:41.357+0000) > > > Also, as for DZK hes a great guy, really caring, and infinitely compassionate. I&#x27;ll miss him tons. You and I have >>**_WILDLY_**<< different definitions for the words "great", "caring", and "compassionate". Forget the panel stuff. I'm just talking about the way he treats absolute strangers who did nothing other than *respectfully disagree with him!* You obviously have more context seeing how you know him in real life, but jeeze! Generally I find that people who act like utter raging assholes on the internet aren't much better at controlling their tempers in real life. I could even let this go if I had the slightest inclination that he regretted doing it. Nope. There was none of that. The only thing that seemed like a hint of contrition was in a *private slack channel* that got leaked. He treated the players like shit from then on until he had to be fired for it. I get it. Everybody's an asshole every now and then, sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally, but people who are caring and compassionate will look back, realize they overreacted, and apologize. This is the reason you all don't ban someone the first time they yell at a complete stranger in a game. Shit happens when emotions run hot. Unrepentant assholes, on the other hand, are generally garbage human beings so I'm glad they no longer have any influence here.
> [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000001d,timestamp=2018-09-08T20:39:57.255+0000) > > You and I have &gt;&gt;**_WILDLY_**&lt;&lt; different definitions for the words &quot;great&quot;, &quot;caring&quot;, and &quot;compassionate&quot;. > > Forget the panel stuff. I&#x27;m just talking about the way he treats absolute strangers who did nothing other than *respectfully disagree with him!* > > You obviously have more context seeing how you know him in real life, but jeeze! Generally I find that people who act like utter raging assholes on the internet aren&#x27;t much better at controlling their tempers in real life. > > I could even let this go if I had the slightest inclination that he regretted doing it. Nope. There was none of that. The only thing that seemed like a hint of contrition was in a *private slack channel* that got leaked. He treated the players like shit from then on until he had to be fired for it. > > I get it. Everybody&#x27;s an asshole every now and then, sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally, but people who are caring and compassionate will look back, realize they overreacted, and apologize. This is the reason you all don&#x27;t ban someone the first time they yell at a complete stranger in a game. Shit happens when emotions run hot. > > Unrepentant assholes, on the other hand, are generally garbage human beings so I&#x27;m glad they no longer have any influence here. Definitions change, and are forged over the amount of experience we have with a person, place or thing. I was fortunate enough to know Daniel for much longer than many in the community and thus draw my definition from that. However, I totally understand that if your only experience with him was from Twitter (which btw is a poor place to "get to know someone") how you could draw that conclusion. Again, definitely not trying to invalidate how you feel. That being said, I might challenge your point about people "respectfully disagreeing with him". I don't want to generalize, and I do believe some people were respectful, but if you read through the thread the **vast** majority of responses were far from that. However, your definition of respectful might be different than mine. Have a good evening friend!
Archace (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=00010000000000170000,timestamp=2018-09-08T17:56:05.008+0000) > > I agree, but everyone makes mistakes. Do I think that mistake should go unpunished? No. But that doesn&#x27;t override the 2 years I spent being friends with and working with DZK as well as the sheer amount of respect I have for him. I still consider him a friend, and someone I wish the best for. Hope you have a good weekend friend! See, I might agree with you if it was ONE mistake. But this wasn't. This was a week long tirade of a culture warrior who looked at everyone with a differing opinion as scum. A person who thinks like that is not caring nor compassionate.
> [{quoted}](name=Archace,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000001700000001,timestamp=2018-09-08T21:49:07.357+0000) > > See, I might agree with you if it was ONE mistake. But this wasn&#x27;t. This was a week long tirade of a culture warrior who looked at everyone with a differing opinion as scum. A person who thinks like that is not caring nor compassionate. :(, Sorry you feel that way. I'm not trying to change your mind, just to share my experience with a person whom I believe to be a good person. Hope you have a good evening friend.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=00010000000000180000,timestamp=2018-09-08T17:54:13.835+0000) > > **Not an ignorant question at all! There are many times where females or non-binary people are discriminated against because people can&#x27;t believe they can do a job well (even when thats totally not the case).** ~~Also in the work place, loud alpha type (high volume, action type) personalities tend to be valued more. Women in particular tend not to have those types of personalities, and subsequently get overlooked for promotions etc. ~~ > > ~~Keep in mind, these examples are off the top of my head, but a quick google search will reveal mountains of data and articles on the subject. Thats a much better resource than the two examples that I can think of off the top of my head :)~~ Don't all this we need to help and support women to get into X industry thing kind of propagate the belief that women aren't as capable in that it can imply that women aren't able to compete with men without getting support/advantages... After all if they are able to compete why would the need all that help and support? And why wouldn't there be more women if they are fully able to compete?
> [{quoted}](name=Champion Skin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000001800000003,timestamp=2018-09-08T22:32:05.861+0000) > > Don&#x27;t all this we need to help and support women to get into X industry thing kind of propagate the belief that women aren&#x27;t as capable in that it can imply that women aren&#x27;t able to compete with men without getting support/advantages... > > After all if they are able to compete why would the need all that help and support? And why wouldn&#x27;t there be more women if they are fully able to compete? Because in many of these situations, the barrier isn't about merit but human (and in many cases male) bias. Going against bias is like telling people to climb a wall, but one person actively has someone adding weights to their ankles as they climb. I agree with your point that the solution to this isn't to give a "boost" to females or non-binary people, that would mask the problem not solve it. My solution instead is to address the bias problem head on with the teams doing the work. If you can make interviewers aware of their own bias and help them to identify hard metrics to success vs. perceived metrics we can begin to level the playing field to make merit the main metric that people can enter the industry. Sorry to have typed such a long response, but I hope this makes sense!
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T18:59:41.357+0000) > > Also, as for DZK hes a great guy, really caring, and infinitely compassionate. I&#x27;ll miss him tons. I want to believe you, i really do. But you'll have to understand that others, myself included, can't believe that statement when the gentleman in question requested us all to jump into a 747 turbine engine and off ourselves.
> [{quoted}](name=Annie x Zoe Main,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=0001000000000005,timestamp=2018-09-07T19:28:49.842+0000) > > I want to believe you, i really do. But you&#x27;ll have to understand that others, myself included, can&#x27;t believe that statement when the gentleman in question requested us all to jump into a 747 turbine engine and off ourselves. I totally hear you, and fwiw I'm not expecting people to take me at my word. But I would also feel remise if I didn't share my experience with the Daniel I know. Thats all :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T18:59:41.357+0000) > > I have a weekly stream open to all doing exactly this. There are plenty of opportunities to get feedback on your resume materials, or watch talks, or vods, or have a 1:1, or go to a game jam. Is this stream on twitch or youtube?
> [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000000d,timestamp=2018-09-07T21:19:47.051+0000) > > Is this stream on twitch or youtube? Twitch, its the easiest platform for me to engage with atm :). Feel free to swing by!
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T18:59:41.357+0000) > > I have a weekly stream open to all doing exactly this. There are plenty of opportunities to get feedback on your resume materials, or watch talks, or vods, or have a 1:1, or go to a game jam. Pax was just one event that we had hoped to engage with those who traditionally have to overcome extreme barriers to enter. I don&#x27;t agree with the way it was communicated or the wording of the response, but as for the event itself 100% invested. > > Also, as for DZK hes a great guy, really caring, and infinitely compassionate. I&#x27;ll miss him tons. Hey man, you're alright. But... >DZK hes a great guy, really caring, and infinitely compassionate Those traits aren't typically associated with someone who unironically tells others to kill themselves for disagreeing.
> [{quoted}](name=Auroramancer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=0001000000000017,timestamp=2018-09-08T07:11:59.758+0000) > > Hey man, you&#x27;re alright. But... > > Those traits aren&#x27;t typically associated with someone who unironically tells others to kill themselves for disagreeing. I agree, but everyone makes mistakes. Do I think that mistake should go unpunished? No. But that doesn't override the 2 years I spent being friends with and working with DZK as well as the sheer amount of respect I have for him. I still consider him a friend, and someone I wish the best for. Hope you have a good weekend friend!
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T18:59:41.357+0000) > > I have a weekly stream open to all doing exactly this. There are plenty of opportunities to get feedback on your resume materials, or watch talks, or vods, or have a 1:1, or go to a game jam. Pax was just one event that we had hoped to engage with those who traditionally have to overcome extreme barriers to enter. I don&#x27;t agree with the way it was communicated or the wording of the response, but as for the event itself 100% invested. > > Also, as for DZK hes a great guy, really caring, and infinitely compassionate. I&#x27;ll miss him tons. I feel like this is an ignorant question but what 'extreme barriers' are you talking about for example. I don't really know the situation overseas but I'd argue that every person has the same chances, no?
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=0001000000000018,timestamp=2018-09-08T07:19:56.993+0000) > > I feel like this is an ignorant question but what &#x27;extreme barriers&#x27; are you talking about for example. > > I don&#x27;t really know the situation overseas but I&#x27;d argue that every person has the same chances, no? Not an ignorant question at all! There are many times where females or non-binary people are discriminated against because people can't believe they can do a job well (even when thats totally not the case). Also in the work place, loud alpha type (high volume, action type) personalities tend to be valued more. Women in particular tend not to have those types of personalities, and subsequently get overlooked for promotions etc. Keep in mind, these examples are off the top of my head, but a quick google search will reveal mountains of data and articles on the subject. Thats a much better resource than the two examples that I can think of off the top of my head :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T18:59:41.357+0000) > > Also, as for DZK hes a great guy, really caring, and infinitely compassionate. I&#x27;ll miss him tons. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to allow this statement to go unchallenged. It doesn't seem overly compassionate to tell people to go kill themselves in a engine turbine of a 747 jet. If someone said that in game, they would be facing punishment (possibly), this guy got fired for these and other remarks. Maybe he just decided to keyboard-warrior it up a bit out of frustration, but regardless, it doesn't sound like the actions of a "caring" or "compassionate" individual. No amount of spin or anecdotal evidence will convince me otherwise.
> [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000001a,timestamp=2018-09-08T10:21:44.454+0000) > > I&#x27;m sorry, but I&#x27;m not going to allow this statement to go unchallenged. > > It doesn&#x27;t seem overly compassionate to tell people to go kill themselves in a engine turbine of a 747 jet. If someone said that in game, they would be facing punishment (possibly), this guy got fired for these and other remarks. Maybe he just decided to keyboard-warrior it up a bit out of frustration, but regardless, it doesn&#x27;t sound like the actions of a &quot;caring&quot; or &quot;compassionate&quot; individual. No amount of spin or anecdotal evidence will convince me otherwise. People make bad choices, we all have and some of those choices are more public than others. However, having worked 2 years with him and getting to know him as a co-worker & friend your challenge is noted, but I'll keep my stance. Have a good day friend.
: Now that DZK and Riot aren't together anymore, can we agree that...
Thanks, but it really should have been said at the beginning. As someone who has had a deep struggle with suicide in the past this point in particular cut deep.
: > [{quoted}](name=Raoul,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-07T18:46:02.481+0000) > > Oh my freaking god, will you stop the crying just because for one time in your life, women actually got a chance to do something on a gaming event before you did? "Before" implies they held the same seminar open to all. They didn't.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-07T18:46:55.088+0000) > > &quot;Before&quot; implies they held the same seminar open to all. They didn&#x27;t. I have a weekly stream open to all doing exactly this. There are plenty of opportunities to get feedback on your resume materials, or watch talks, or vods, or have a 1:1, or go to a game jam. Pax was just one event that we had hoped to engage with those who traditionally have to overcome extreme barriers to enter. I don't agree with the way it was communicated or the wording of the response, but as for the event itself 100% invested. Also, as for DZK hes a great guy, really caring, and infinitely compassionate. I'll miss him tons.
Madjack01 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=000600020000000000080001,timestamp=2018-09-07T04:35:30.425+0000) > > Glad I found this comment again (it got lost when I accidentally refreshed the page), didn&#x27;t want to let this go un-answered. > > To clarify those statements (which were typed in context of a longer thread and a mixture of various conversations). I was (and still am) in full support of the intent of the Pax event. I&#x27;m just not in support of what precipitated after (twitter, etc). IMO I would have rather preferred the event to be messaged with something more like &quot;We have resume reviews from x - x. There will be a significant amount of female Rioters present who are excited to talk with females &amp; non-binary folks about what its like to work in the games industry and get feedback on their materials&quot;. > > I whole heartedly agree with the intent of the Pax event and who the team was trying to target and engage with. I disagree with the communication around that, as well as the subsequent twitter threads that were specifically meant to insult rather than engage in dialogue. Sorry if what I wrote was confusing! There were a lot of threads running, and reading a deluge of comments can get confusing at times :). Hope this helps to clarify! Heya, Not sure if you are still responding, but I am going to try anyways. The thing is that I strongly believe that most people have no problem with the intent in regards to the event. Being more inclusive and drawing more diverse demographic variables into gaming is generally considered healthy as long as it isn't too forced. We all also know that the panel was a public statement after the recent controversy inside Riot. The intent is not the problem and personally I think that even the communication afterwards was not the end of the world. People selling strong emotions barren of nuance or understanding are actually quite common after all. What the bigger problem is, is the way Riot tried to be more open for females and non binary people. It is my conviction that if you want to be more inclusive for them, you try to figure out what could attract those specific demographics to gaming and what elements keep them away. You then emphasize those attractive elements and/or offer ways to minimize the negative elements. By excluding men however Riot gave a very strong signal that the mere presence of men is what keeps women from the gaming industry (men are the negative element here). This is not only highly unfair since gender is an extremely obscure variable to work with, but also objectively questionable. I believe most people wouldn't have given a second thought about PAX if Riot just stated that this particular panel will focus on the female perspective of the industry, but everyone is welcome to attend. Excluding men just seemed unnecessary. This feeling gets only amplified by current developments in broader society were extremely vocal (to avoid saying radical) minorities point the finger at white men. To be honest discussions in regards to race, gender and so on do not happen in the most healthy context right now (I'm basing this statement on popular media imaging on the matter) Even if you are (hypothetically) convinced that men are the decisive element which keep women from gaming (which is again questionable and honestly an injudicious variable to work with) you don't go about it by being discriminating towards an entire gender. Instead, you work on the variables which are connected with being a male in the gaming industry and work on them. That's just my believe though and the problem I have with all of this. Anyways that's all I wanted to say for now ;P. I hope I was concise and clear enough since I like to ramble with my thoughts being all over the place. Kind regards, Edit: I appreciate the positivity btw, I am just not sure that telling an angry mob that hugging a puppy would help is the best way to go about this {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
> [{quoted}](name=Madjack01,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0006000200000000000800010002,timestamp=2018-09-07T16:34:14.146+0000) > > Heya, > > Not sure if you are still responding, but I am going to try anyways. > > The thing is that I strongly believe that most people have no problem with the intent in regards to the event. Being more inclusive and drawing more diverse demographic variables into gaming is generally considered healthy as long as it isn&#x27;t too forced. We all also know that the panel was a public statement after the recent controversy inside Riot. > > The intent is not the problem and personally I think that even the communication afterwards was not the end of the world. People selling strong emotions barren of nuance or understanding are actually quite common after all. > > What the bigger problem is, is the way Riot tried to be more open for females and non binary people. It is my conviction that if you want to be more inclusive for them, you try to figure out what could attract those specific demographics to gaming and what elements keep them away. You then emphasize those attractive elements and/or offer ways to minimize the negative elements. By excluding men however Riot gave a very strong signal that the mere presence of men is what keeps women from the gaming industry (men are the negative element here). This is not only highly unfair since gender is an extremely obscure variable to work with, but also objectively questionable. > > I believe most people wouldn&#x27;t have given a second thought about PAX if Riot just stated that this particular panel will focus on the female perspective of the industry, but everyone is welcome to attend. Excluding men just seemed unnecessary. This feeling gets only amplified by current developments in broader society were extremely vocal (to avoid saying radical) minorities point the finger at white men. To be honest discussions in regards to race, gender and so on do not happen in the most healthy context right now (I&#x27;m basing this statement on popular media imaging on the matter) > > Even if you are (hypothetically) convinced that men are the decisive element which keep women from gaming (which is again questionable and honestly an injudicious variable to work with) you don&#x27;t go about it by being discriminating towards an entire gender. Instead, you work on the variables which are connected with being a male in the gaming industry and work on them. That&#x27;s just my believe though and the problem I have with all of this. > > Anyways that&#x27;s all I wanted to say for now ;P. > > I hope I was concise and clear enough since I like to ramble with my thoughts being all over the place. > > > Kind regards, > > Edit: I appreciate the positivity btw, I am just not sure that telling an angry mob that hugging a puppy would help is the best way to go about this {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} This is a great response & insight into the situation. I think there is a bit more depth to consider (in regards to current diversity of the industry as a whole and who and what are those attracting / repelling forces), but on the whole its a good start to explaining the current state of things. However, thats half of the equation :). The other half is looking to the future of how to get **more** diversity into the industry as a whole. That involves going deep to highschools, colleges, universities, and fostering communities that encourage everyone to pursue that passion. What that will lead to is a wider pool of candidates to pursue and engage with in the future. Thats the bright shiny future I want to achieve :). Sorry went on a bit of a soap box
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=00630001,timestamp=2018-09-07T16:41:28.141+0000) > > Its no secret that women and non-binaries have more than the average level of resistance facing them when entering any industry (not to mention gaming). Actions aimed at reducing those barriers will never be something I&#x27;m ashamed of. Sure, I disagree with the messaging and optic framing of the event, but the intent of the event itself was pure. People will never make me ashamed of that. Hi again Bazerka, 107 degree pupper guy here again. I think that this thread has already accomplished something of value, you were nice to people and at least some of the community noticed and appreciated it. But at this point most of the people who are coming here are just the ones who want to pick a fight and don't care to even try to listen to you. I'm not sure it's worth your time to keep responding, especially if it starts to irritate you. Nobody (and that includes you) deserves to get stuck in an endless fight with a brick wall.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=006300010000,timestamp=2018-09-07T16:47:13.261+0000) > > Hi again Bazerka, 107 degree pupper guy here again. > > I think that this thread has already accomplished something of value, you were nice to people and at least some of the community noticed and appreciated it. > > But at this point most of the people who are coming here are just the ones who want to pick a fight and don&#x27;t care to even try to listen to you. > > I&#x27;m not sure it&#x27;s worth your time to keep responding, especially if it starts to irritate you. Nobody (and that includes you) deserves to get stuck in an endless fight with a brick wall. I appreciate the call out :). Honestly? I'm not really irritated. This thread is doing exactly as I hoped (engaging people in dialogue), and I hope that it helps. If all it takes to starting healing some pretty gaping community wounds is some of my time, I'm happy to give it. Hope your pup (and you) are doing well!
Aptest (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=005b000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-07T16:34:16.593+0000) > > IMO the intent to pursue social justice equality is fraught with mistakes. Any major change will be. Sorry to hear that you&#x27;re saddened by this, but I can guarantee you we will fumble in the pursuit of that goal. However, if we learn, understand our mistakes, and fix we will eventually get there. My hope is in the long run we can earn trust back. To pursue social justice is to pursue sexism and racism. Your error is not in choosing the right way of pursuing social justice. or in communicating badly about it and causing bad optics. The choice in social justice is the error; That is the immorality. You make the case, that your intent is good. That the changes you pursue are positive. But your intent is to call a certain group privileged and then deprive it of your compassion. To claim, they can get their leg up in life from some nebulous, invisible "bias" while you prop up this or that favored group, who's deserving you've decided arbitrarily. Those resumes that you are holding in your hands, that you call awesome and positive results: those are fruits of the poisonous tree, and you got them by telling a bunch of dreamers that they get to be left on the wayside, because they have a penis. Your intent now, is to accelerate these policies. To find more ways in which penis means, get out. in which blond hair means, get out. in which white skin means, get out. This man that you rejected as a matter of policy: he is not less deserving than the woman who's resume you read, because there are few of her gender and many of his. How can you claim that he is? Why can't you get that the core idea is bad? that dividing up people on arbitrary lines and having your hand extend only to the groups you favor, is bad? There are other ways of pursuing the advancement of underprivileged groups. Ways that don't work through discrimination and injustice.
> [{quoted}](name=Aptest,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=005b0000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T16:51:13.123+0000) > > To pursue social justice is to pursue sexism and racism. > Your error is not in choosing the right way of pursuing social justice. > or in communicating badly about it and causing bad optics. > The choice in social justice is the error; > That is the immorality. > > You make the case, that your intent is good. > That the changes you pursue are positive. > But your intent is to call a certain group privileged and then deprive it of your compassion. > To claim, they can get their leg up in life from some nebulous, invisible &quot;bias&quot; while you prop up this or that favored group, who&#x27;s deserving you&#x27;ve decided arbitrarily. > Those resumes that you are holding in your hands, > that you call awesome and positive results: > those are fruits of the poisonous tree, and you got them by telling a bunch of dreamers that they get to be left on the wayside, because they have a penis. > > Your intent now, is to accelerate these policies. > To find more ways in which penis means, get out. > in which blond hair means, get out. > in which white skin means, get out. > This man that you rejected as a matter of policy: he is not less deserving than the woman who&#x27;s resume you read, because there are few of her gender and many of his. How can you claim that he is? > > Why can&#x27;t you get that the core idea is bad? > that dividing up people on arbitrary lines and having your hand extend only to the groups you favor, > is bad? > > There are other ways of pursuing the advancement of underprivileged groups. > Ways that don&#x27;t work through discrimination and injustice. Woof this is a long one, and tbh I disagree with most of it. However, its ok to disagree and that doesn't mean I lose respect for you or your beliefs. Have a nice day friend.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=003d0000,timestamp=2018-09-07T04:47:40.989+0000) > > I do tend to go on a tear don&#x27;t l? If thats too annoying please ppl lmk. I don&#x27;t mean to be, I just like chatting :). I&#x27;ve been good! Traveling for work / fun and getting stuff done. It hasn&#x27;t been all rainbows and unicorns, but I&#x27;ve had some really meaningful &amp; thought provoking convos that I cherish. I like in principle that you (and any other rioter) dares post, and trying to be nice is cool and totally is something you should continue with. That said, red tracker becomes less useful for finding 'official' nuggets of info with more casual riot posts along these lines does get somewhat more difficult. I don't really have a good solution for encouraging more casual riot interaction without clogging red tracker within the current forum framework though which is unfortunate. (Maybe in the future there could be a way for rioters to mark specific posts as "speaking officially" similar to reddit and only those would be in the red tracker, but I'd be cautious there about it getting underused and some slightly more casual but official-information-containing posts being missed.)
> [{quoted}](name=Mysticman89,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=003d00000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T05:39:16.001+0000) > > I like in principle that you (and any other rioter) dares post, and trying to be nice is cool and totally is something you should continue with. > > That said, red tracker becomes less useful for finding &#x27;official&#x27; nuggets of info with more casual riot posts along these lines does get somewhat more difficult. > > I don&#x27;t really have a good solution for encouraging more casual riot interaction without clogging red tracker within the current forum framework though which is unfortunate. (Maybe in the future there could be a way for rioters to mark specific posts as &quot;speaking officially&quot; similar to reddit and only those would be in the red tracker, but I&#x27;d be cautious there about it getting underused and some slightly more casual but official-information-containing posts being missed.) I totally agree with you. I'll be honest, I think our boards could use some love
Zagarna (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=005b0000,timestamp=2018-09-07T04:55:56.303+0000) > I do hope that the actions (which I am following VERY closely) that Riot takes now to respond to the Kotaku article and all this lead and increase momentum for social justice & change (as I believe they will from everything I've seen). Now it just takes time to see those changes come to fruition. This is deeply concerning. "Social justice" almost inevitably leads to hiring quotas, affirmative action, etc. We aren't talking about equality when "Social justice" is brought up. SJW dialogue is almost never constructive and is often used to redirect discrimination. They often focus on the evils of white people in particular instead of addressing the disadvantages faced by minorities and they are more concerned with harming men than empowering women as a general rule. They push every issue far beyond its limit. For example, a SJ advocate will try to get a ramp added to a building for easier wheelchair access. A SJW however will demand that the stairs be removed because they might offend people who can’t use them. If Riot tumbles headlong down the "Social justice" rabbit hole, they will never come out.
> [{quoted}](name=Zagarna,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=005b00000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T06:54:11.436+0000) > > I do hope that the actions (which I am following VERY closely) that Riot takes now to respond to the Kotaku article and all this lead and increase momentum for social justice &amp; change (as I believe they will from everything I&#x27;ve seen). Now it just takes time to see those changes come to fruition. > > This is deeply concerning. &quot;Social justice&quot; almost inevitably leads to hiring quotas, affirmative action, etc. We aren&#x27;t talking about equality when &quot;Social justice&quot; is brought up. > > SJW dialogue is almost never constructive and is often used to redirect discrimination. They often focus on the evils of white people in particular instead of addressing the disadvantages faced by minorities and they are more concerned with harming men than empowering women as a general rule. They push every issue far beyond its limit. For example, a SJ advocate will try to get a ramp added to a building for easier wheelchair access. A SJW however will demand that the stairs be removed because they might offend people who can’t use them. > > If Riot tumbles headlong down the &quot;Social justice&quot; rabbit hole, they will never come out. I think its safe to say, we don't have quotas. And afaik we never will. What social justice means to this recruiter (me) is not being lazy. To me being lazy is just recruiting whoever applies or is available on the surface for a role. Being lazy means ignoring the bias that your (usually) predominately invariably has. Being lazy means not caring WHO you hire, as long as you hire. Social justice to me means looking deeper at who is the BEST fit for a job. Digging deeper into relationships and understanding what makes a person tick. It means directly addressing bias and its effect of interviewing through training and strategy. It means working with teams to truly make as even of a playing field for anyone looking to join the games industry as possible. I totally realize that definitions of large words invariably shift from context to context, so I hope this helps to contextualize what I mean when I say "social justice" for me and my work.
: Hey, dunno if you are still monitoring this, am sending this at 3 am scrolling through a shit show of hate and was deeply glad to see a red post that was, well, not controversial and very light. I am too emotional at the moment, but thank you for being a human being and somehow SOMEHOW keeping your cool through all of this mass down voting and hatred cause you work for Riot. Give me a puppy, i need a puppy...
> [{quoted}](name=TheSnowyLeopard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0060,timestamp=2018-09-07T07:00:07.960+0000) > > Hey, dunno if you are still monitoring this, am sending this at 3 am scrolling through a shit show of hate and was deeply glad to see a red post that was, well, not controversial and very light. I am too emotional at the moment, but thank you for being a human being and somehow SOMEHOW keeping your cool through all of this mass down voting and hatred cause you work for Riot. Give me a puppy, i need a puppy... I appreciate the kind words. It helps to remember that everyone typing out their hurt and anger is a person as well not just angry robots yelling into the void. People are complex with emotions and hurts. If I can help alleviate that pain, whats a few days & a lot of typing? Worth it, I say.
: pls don't necro threads but since you're here let me ask you how you feel about something. your bosses don't care that an employee wants some of the male playerbase to kill themselves. or at the very least, don't care enough to do anything about it. How does that make you feel?
> [{quoted}](name=Sèx Crazed Eve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TnNb1ePI,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-09-07T07:03:37.762+0000) > > pls don&#x27;t necro threads but since you&#x27;re here let me ask you how you feel about something. your bosses don&#x27;t care that an employee wants some of the male playerbase to kill themselves. or at the very least, don&#x27;t care enough to do anything about it. How does that make you feel? To answer your question, I feel pretty broken & sad about the situation as a whole. I'm always saddened when something like this happens and do what I can to listen to the pain of the community and help. In regards to your comments about bosses etc: Idk about all bosses, but I fking love mine. He's been an awesome manager to me and my entire team (2 men, 4 women).
Elipo (NA)
: Hi. I take this oportunity to say that if you want to increase your femeale and non binaries player base there are other ways. Ie Many months ago I received a survey from Riot about skins purchase (to my main league account, not this one) I think it was because it had been a while since I had bought RP. You could make us update or personal data to specify gender and whether or not to make that info public in the league client. Then send surveys ie I'm a woman so a survey that covers why I enjoy league and how I got into league and wherher I was already into videogames before league, you could then analize if in general women give other reasons than males. In my case when I joined league in season 5 I already was into videogames and got to league because of Katarina. I saw Katarina's champion spotlight and I liked her character design. Then when I installed league I loved Jinx, Sona, and Ahri. Later I loved MF's rework. My favorite champions still are Kat and Mf and I think I wouldn't be playing league if it wasn't for them and I think I would have never spent money on the game if it wasn't for them. I used to play almost only femeale characters but now I play more male champions (I tend to unconsiously play with visually pleasing champions, and in general I won't touch an ugly champion unless is really broken or if I got it on Aram and it's playstyle clicked a lot w me, the dirst male champions I bought were Garen and Teemo, then Lucian). So I'd say if you really want to get more femeale players you need to make more awesome femeale champions (ideally not oversexualized, maybe a bit sexualized but not too much, because you already have tons of sexualized champions, I think Xayah kinda would fit here, but Kaisa is too generic to fit here and Zoeis way too niche), empowering characters, MF comes to mind. Maybe create more cinematics ala Rize's or Varus' featuring Katarina (like centered in here and with a story, not just her fighting rengar in sexualiced positions) or idk, a new champion. Btw I think Jinx's music video was gold: It really got me more into league at the time. Make some more comics featuring idk Katarina or Ashe, like Darius' comic wich I really enjoyed. Also keep launching star guardian skins, we love them (for male champions too please!{{champion:245}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:497}} ) Or make some other skinlines that might appeal to women. Idk maybe amazon warriors with Illoai, LB, Ashe, Sejuani, Camille, MF, Caitlyn (I think of them as the most empowered women in league, lore wise). Also you guys could make some male Evelyn(ish) champion, just saying.
> [{quoted}](name=Elipo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0061,timestamp=2018-09-07T08:06:38.647+0000) > > Hi. I take this oportunity to say that if you want to increase your femeale and non binaries player base there are other ways. > > Ie Many months ago I received a survey from Riot about skins purchase (to my main league account, not this one) I think it was because it had been a while since I had bought RP. You could make us update or personal data to specify gender and whether or not to make that info public in the league client. Then send surveys ie I&#x27;m a woman so a survey that covers why I enjoy league and how I got into league and wherher I was already into videogames before league, you could then analize if in general women give other reasons than males. > > In my case when I joined league in season 5 I already was into videogames and got to league because of Katarina. I saw Katarina&#x27;s champion spotlight and I liked her character design. Then when I installed league I loved Jinx, Sona, and Ahri. Later I loved MF&#x27;s rework. My favorite champions still are Kat and Mf and I think I wouldn&#x27;t be playing league if it wasn&#x27;t for them and I think I would have never spent money on the game if it wasn&#x27;t for them. I used to play almost only femeale characters but now I play more male champions (I tend to unconsiously play with visually pleasing champions, and in general I won&#x27;t touch an ugly champion unless is really broken or if I got it on Aram and it&#x27;s playstyle clicked a lot w me, the dirst male champions I bought were Garen and Teemo, then Lucian). > > So I&#x27;d say if you really want to get more femeale players you need to make more awesome femeale champions (ideally not oversexualized, maybe a bit sexualized but not too much, because you already have tons of sexualized champions, I think Xayah kinda would fit here, but Kaisa is too generic to fit here and Zoeis way too niche), empowering characters, MF comes to mind. Maybe create more cinematics ala Rize&#x27;s or Varus&#x27; featuring Katarina (like centered in here and with a story, not just her fighting rengar in sexualiced positions) or idk, a new champion. Btw I think Jinx&#x27;s music video was gold: It really got me more into league at the time. Make some more comics featuring idk Katarina or Ashe, like Darius&#x27; comic wich I really enjoyed. > > Also keep launching star guardian skins, we love them (for male champions too please!{{champion:245}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:497}} ) Or make some other skinlines that might appeal to women. Idk maybe amazon warriors with Illoai, LB, Ashe, Sejuani, Camille, MF, Caitlyn (I think of them as the most empowered women in league, lore wise). > > > Also you guys could make some male Evelyn(ish) champion, just saying. Fantastic commentary. I really agree with a lot of these points! I'd also add in (from a recruiting perspective) encourage school programs & activities that get anyone interested in games to start making them. This coupled with engagement, conversation, school Q&A's are all part of the solution. Each is only a small piece, but when added together can make big change. Fwiw thats why many times you'll see me absent from the boards for a while. I'll usually visit more than a handful of colleges and universities throughout the year to give talks or say hi! I'll also go to game jams and work with diverse teams to simply make games. Its hard work, but really rewarding / fun :).
: Hello, I'm sorry for my rather aggressive post earlier today here, I mistook your intentions and misunderstood what this thread was about. I am of course upset and angry about both the sexist exclusion at PAX and with how some certain people were responding to the outrage, but after seeing how genuine both your kindness and intentions are I knew it was wrong of me to post something hostile like that. Not sure how powerful my voice is considering that I haven't played League that long or that often, but I really hope you have a good day/night. Also my dog gave birth to German Shepard puppies about a week ago and they are adorable! Puppies are always great, even if they are too old to technically be puppies or if they aren't even dogs.
> [{quoted}](name=SqueakyFoxnip,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0062,timestamp=2018-09-07T08:22:34.584+0000) > > Hello, I&#x27;m sorry for my rather aggressive post earlier today here, I mistook your intentions and misunderstood what this thread was about. I am of course upset and angry about both the sexist exclusion at PAX and with how some certain people were responding to the outrage, but after seeing how genuine both your kindness and intentions are I knew it was wrong of me to post something hostile like that. Not sure how powerful my voice is considering that I haven&#x27;t played League that long or that often, but I really hope you have a good day/night. > > Also my dog gave birth to German Shepard puppies about a week ago and they are adorable! Puppies are always great, even if they are too old to technically be puppies or if they aren&#x27;t even dogs. No problem, I know emotions are running high and its not wrong for you to be frustrated (lord knows I am). Hope you felt heard and that the dialogue was beneficial :). Feel free to poke other questions you have as well!
: tfw a Rioter tries to reach out and deflect from the PAX event a bit. An event that caused an uproar because of Riot's intention to **_RECRUIT_** only women and non-binary folk. tfw.... https://i.imgur.com/5q6vPkT.png/img {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
> [{quoted}](name=I Follow Christ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0063,timestamp=2018-09-07T08:32:20.147+0000) > > tfw a Rioter tries to reach out and deflect from the PAX event a bit. An event that caused an uproar because of Riot&#x27;s intention to **_RECRUIT_** only women and non-binary folk. > > tfw.... > > https://i.imgur.com/5q6vPkT.png/img > > {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} Oh, I'm also fucking proud to be a recruiter. What I do is build relationships and empathy with people who want to make games for players (you). Recruiting may have a nasty reputation in other industries, but for this company and this recruiter I choose to do things differently.
: tfw a Rioter tries to reach out and deflect from the PAX event a bit. An event that caused an uproar because of Riot's intention to **_RECRUIT_** only women and non-binary folk. tfw.... https://i.imgur.com/5q6vPkT.png/img {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
> [{quoted}](name=I Follow Christ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0063,timestamp=2018-09-07T08:32:20.147+0000) > > tfw a Rioter tries to reach out and deflect from the PAX event a bit. An event that caused an uproar because of Riot&#x27;s intention to **_RECRUIT_** only women and non-binary folk. > > tfw.... > > https://i.imgur.com/5q6vPkT.png/img > > {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} Its no secret that women and non-binaries have more than the average level of resistance facing them when entering any industry (not to mention gaming). Actions aimed at reducing those barriers will never be something I'm ashamed of. Sure, I disagree with the messaging and optic framing of the event, but the intent of the event itself was pure. People will never make me ashamed of that.
: Hey, I have just been keeping up with all the drama and haven't really said much yet. Just kind of been on the sideline watching things to see how they go. I do have opinions on the matter but that aside just wondering if there is anything at Riot that has been going down. I know you're trying your best to shed some light in the boards in all the negativity and that's great. I'm just curious if anything is being done or if there is some investigation is going on. Figured some input from someone from riot would be nice.
> [{quoted}](name=Chubbyboob,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0064,timestamp=2018-09-07T13:15:12.698+0000) > > Hey, I have just been keeping up with all the drama and haven&#x27;t really said much yet. Just kind of been on the sideline watching things to see how they go. I do have opinions on the matter but that aside just wondering if there is anything at Riot that has been going down. I know you&#x27;re trying your best to shed some light in the boards in all the negativity and that&#x27;s great. I&#x27;m just curious if anything is being done or if there is some investigation is going on. Figured some input from someone from riot would be nice. I'm gonna start this response by saying I'm not trying to be evasive. That being said there are a lot of things that aren't up to me to share. Certain pieces of information have their own ownership and are up to the parties to share for themselves. For me (a 3rd party) to breach that trust is a line I would never cross. I totally understand the desire for closure, and hope for change and action but at least from this Rioter I won't breach the trust of those around me. Whether I'm in direct contact or not. Sorry friend :(
: Hugging a puppy won't change the fact that DZK has decreed I'm not welcome on LoL anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=Raxistaicho,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0065,timestamp=2018-09-07T13:52:18.932+0000) > > Hugging a puppy won&#x27;t change the fact that DZK has decreed I&#x27;m not welcome on LoL anymore. Agree, it doesn't change what he said. But it also wasn't meant too :/. Rather it was meant as an honest attempt to open dialogue and allow everyone (including myself) to talk about how they are feeling / processing.
Aptest (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=005b0000,timestamp=2018-09-07T04:55:56.303+0000) > > I do hope that the actions (which I am following VERY closely) that Riot takes now to respond to the Kotaku article and all this lead and increase momentum for social justice &amp; change (as I believe they will from everything I&#x27;ve seen). Now it just takes time to see those changes come to fruition. I saddens my heart to hear you say this. The actions that riot takes to increase momentum for social justice are the direct cause for the issues raised in the kotaku article, and the direct cause for the mistreatment of male customers at PAX 2018. Since the response to both the kotaku article and PAX is to accelerate social justice, _we can expect racism and sexism on the part of riot to increase_. How can you claim this to be otherwise?
> [{quoted}](name=Aptest,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=005b00000001,timestamp=2018-09-07T14:37:00.531+0000) > > I saddens my heart to hear you say this. > > The actions that riot takes to increase momentum for social justice are the direct cause for the issues raised in the kotaku article, and the direct cause for the mistreatment of male customers at PAX 2018. > > Since the response to both the kotaku article and PAX is to accelerate social justice, _we can expect racism and sexism on the part of riot to increase_. How can you claim this to be otherwise? IMO the intent to pursue social justice equality is fraught with mistakes. Any major change will be. Sorry to hear that you're saddened by this, but I can guarantee you we will fumble in the pursuit of that goal. However, if we learn, understand our mistakes, and fix we will eventually get there. My hope is in the long run we can earn trust back.
MadNoff (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xJEvO67o,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-06T20:21:46.800+0000) > > It can certainly feel that way many times, and is common when community size grows from a small &quot;tight nit community&quot; to larger at scale one. From my Rioter&#x27;s perspective (and I suspect many other cases) there have been times that I&#x27;ve just been down right scared shitless to post or engage in discussion because the hate and yelling being a Rioter attracts. As you might imagine than, its discouraging to post places, which leads to the community feeling like they aren&#x27;t heard and becoming frustrated, which leads to more hurt and more backlash, and more discouragement, cue the downward cycle. > > I also think that shouldn&#x27;t stop Rioters (myself as the first example) from posting, nor are the frustrations, anger, and sadness felt by the community invalidated. I just think there is a better place to direct that energy than to just lash out. In the end its all our responsibilities as members of this community to contribute to the solution. Part of that solution, which I&#x27;d love to hear from y&#x27;all, is what you think all of us (Community &amp; Rioters) can be doing. Would love to brainstorm ideas. As for solutions, I think the following may assist: 1.) Make muting more visible: Right now I have to hold down tab and click a tiny button to mute someone, and admittedly in the heat of things you may forget muting even exists. How about this: a.) As soon as you enter the game you receive an obtrusive and very visible tooltip warning against toxicity and reminding players to mute toxic individuals. b.) At key trigger moments (such as a player first death) issue the team/player an unobtrusive reminder to mute toxicity. 2.) Reward positive behavior: Make no mistake capitalism only works because the rewards for conformity are exceedingly handsome, but in the end, everyone is just working in their self-interests. LOL is no different. Honor rewards are a fantastic idea but it could use some tweaking. The rewards are so far apart, progression is invisible, and the rewards have little differentiation from loot boxes/missions. Because of this, honor progression is very passive (it comes when it comes) and very few people actively pursue honor. If the rewards for honor allowed for a type of "farm", for example, if honor was the most efficient way of farming an important resource like orange essence (2 OE/honor....1 free skin/50 positive games), you would see players actively pursuing honor. Gradually, this would result in a mindset shift in the player base, because the benefits of being respectful simply outweigh the benefits of venting.
> [{quoted}](name=MadNoff,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xJEvO67o,comment-id=00030009,timestamp=2018-09-07T14:37:25.421+0000) > > As for solutions, I think the following may assist: > > 1.) Make muting more visible: Right now I have to hold down tab and click a tiny button to mute someone, and admittedly in the heat of things you may forget muting even exists. How about this: > a.) As soon as you enter the game you receive an obtrusive and very visible tooltip warning against toxicity and reminding players to mute toxic individuals. > b.) At key trigger moments (such as a player first death) issue the team/player an unobtrusive reminder to mute toxicity. > > 2.) Reward positive behavior: Make no mistake capitalism only works because the rewards for conformity are exceedingly handsome, but in the end, everyone is just working in their self-interests. LOL is no different. Honor rewards are a fantastic idea but it could use some tweaking. The rewards are so far apart, progression is invisible, and the rewards have little differentiation from loot boxes/missions. Because of this, honor progression is very passive (it comes when it comes) and very few people actively pursue honor. > > If the rewards for honor allowed for a type of &quot;farm&quot;, for example, if honor was the most efficient way of farming an important resource like orange essence (2 OE/honor....1 free skin/50 positive games), you would see players actively pursuing honor. Gradually, this would result in a mindset shift in the player base, because the benefits of being respectful simply outweigh the benefits of venting. This is a good analysis of both the solution space and the edge cases of the situation (at least as far as I can tell). I do expect the social team considered this option, wonder what their rationale was for pursuing another avenue? I am sure I'm missing something though.
El Doj (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=El Doj,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0067,timestamp=2018-09-07T15:39:22.051+0000) > > this is a fairly tasteless thread. showing up on the boards and acting as if everything is cool and alright, all the while you still work for a company engages in sexist practices against its own employees and its customers. Did I ever say everything was cool and alright? I did a ctrl + f, didn't find those words
: > To clarify those statements (which were typed in context of a longer thread and a mixture of various conversations). I was (and still am) in full support of the intent of the Pax event. So you support segregation. Because that is what it was. You can support and promote women all you want, I'm all for it. But you dont promote women by banning men, that is segregation. I have never seen a womens event of any kind say "men are not allowed". Allowing men into that room would not have put down women at all.
> [{quoted}](name=Romans VI XXIII,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0006000200000000000800010001,timestamp=2018-09-07T15:45:44.565+0000) > > So you support segregation. Because that is what it was. You can support and promote women all you want, I&#x27;m all for it. But you dont promote women by banning men, that is segregation. > > I have never seen a womens event of any kind say &quot;men are not allowed&quot;. Allowing men into that room would not have put down women at all. Quoting only the parts that support your argument and ignoring the full statement (which btw says EXACTLY what you just typed) seems a bit silly to me?
: was Bazerka told to stay on the boards and talk to the community all day by the higher ups?
The only convo I've had with Marc, Brandon, or any of our studio leadership was saying hi as we passed in the hall once. Real talk though? I was feeling pretty broken about everything, and wanted to open a dialogue for everyone else to be heard. Luckily I had a bit of time to field responses etc.
: I was actually at PAX, and while I also disagree with how room 613 was handled, I didn't want to let it sour my weekend, as I still had a great time both in cosplay (I was the genderbent Star Guardian Lux at the cosplay showcases and at the Narrative panel), as well as at PAX as a whole. Now if only the Artifact line wasn't 5+ hours... Also, as someone who's been dreaming about getting a job at Riot for a long time, and I'm returning to school in a week and a half in order to fulfill that dream (going into accounting), having Riot's toxic culture getting exposed the way it did, along with Room 613 blowing up the way it did just completely broke my heart.
> [{quoted}](name=RavenHusky,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=005b,timestamp=2018-09-07T04:39:09.300+0000) > > I was actually at PAX, and while I also disagree with how room 613 was handled, I didn&#x27;t want to let it sour my weekend, as I still had a great time both in cosplay (I was the genderbent Star Guardian Lux at the cosplay showcases and at the Narrative panel), as well as at PAX as a whole. Now if only the Artifact line wasn&#x27;t 5+ hours... > > > Also, as someone who&#x27;s been dreaming about getting a job at Riot for a long time, and I&#x27;m returning to school in a week and a half in order to fulfill that dream (going into accounting), having Riot&#x27;s toxic culture getting exposed the way it did, along with Room 613 blowing up the way it did just completely broke my heart. Really sorry your heart was broken, I totally understand why. Fwiw I was (and in part still am) pretty broken as well. The past few weeks have been a weird mixture of sorrow, sadness, anger, and hope (kind of like Pandora's box really). I do hope that the actions (which I am following VERY closely) that Riot takes now to respond to the Kotaku article and all this lead and increase momentum for social justice & change (as I believe they will from everything I've seen). Now it just takes time to see those changes come to fruition. All the best in school! Good luck with the rest of the semester and I certainly hope that your (and in certain respects my) trust in Riot is repaired. Have a good Thursday Friend :)
Show more

Bazerka

Level 89 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion