: AP Itemization on PBE (8.4)
The new Haunting Guise effect...sounds very, very weak. When we consider who might choose a DoT AP item over the flat pen of Morello's Tome, we have Karthus, Cassio, and a few others. At the very least, flat pen was essential to Karthus to abuse his high base damages. Not only this, but the new Liandry's passive doesn't work when Ulti-sniping across the map...that is a _significant_ damage drop from the previous 15 Mpen. Here's my concern. 15 Mpen ends up around 10-15% extra damage. You're making Guide scaling up to a maximum of 10% extra damage...after 5s of being in-combat. How is this comparable at all? Sounds like Guise just became useless.
Mordius (NA)
: Mordius' "I Can Change" Challenge 2018
Send an invite to 'Jimothy Jangles'. I'll accept. I've been banned 4x and would like to stop arguing.
Meddler (NA)
: It will make Precision secondary less attractive to some, yeah. We'll probably be going with a 70% AP or AD/30% attack speed split for Precision secondary from Domination/Sorcery as a result, reduce that exclusion somewhat. At some point we should also look at stats from Rune trees in general, particularly whether the current tree based system is doing more harm or more good. That's a larger task, and other Runes work (keystones generally) is higher priority right now though, hence this split change which we believe is better, even if it doesn't fix everything.
Still really fucking sucks that people who NEED Presence of Mind secondary (i.e. Karthus) will be forced to take starting attack speed. What a sloppy solution this is. You could have just let Precision stats split only when taken primary.
Meddler (NA)
: That's the name we're using at present, might not be the final one though.
Can we cross our fingers for improvements to Rylai's crystal scepter? It feels bad being useless except as a Liandry's amplifier for support champions. High hopes!
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 26
Just want to personally thank you for finally, permanently killing Karthus, Meddler. It didn't make sense that a Lich was allowed to live/be viable only by two Precision runes - Presence of Mind and Last Stand - sustaining him. It's good to know you'll also be forcing him to take attack speed when he runs Precision secondary. I was worried you might make, for example, stats selectable. Or let Inspiration give you some adaptive force primary, so he could try Glacial Augment primary. But it looks like you're adamant about forcing him to take attack speed. And yes, I'm aware you're weighing in favor of AP when taking Sorcery. It's a nerf regardless, especially since Karthus has just recently unlocked the ability to actually have some level of impact by running Predator, and you're making sure that with Domination he's also losing AP in favor of attack speed.
: Hey man, duly noted - can't promise any immediate changes - but some of these arguments really resonated with me personally. I'm not a game designer so there may be things I'm not thinking about, but I'm the product lead for the team and can at the very least bring these to light and have a conversation about them.
Hey again Nectar, wanted to pitch an idea /r/Karthusmains came up with before you bring this up with the team. How about adjusting the wall to be a flat 35% slow for 3 seconds, and then making Karthus's **_isolated only_** Q's extend the wall's slow debuff by 1.5s? It'd mimic his old skillful Rylai's slow-chaining ability but requiring him to consistently land isolated skillshots, and each time another Q is missed another chunk of the wall slow falls off. So if you land 1 or no Q's, the duration is shortened. (Most enemies in teamfights will not have the slow refreshed, and **thus would take less damage due to also losing the 15% mr reduction of his wall.**) This would be a semi-significant teamfight/AoE damage sacrifice. However, in exchange, he regains his old dueling potential in 1v1 scenarios, or when focusing 1 target i.e. the ADC. It would take 2 isolated Q's for the duration to be longer than before (and only on the one target.) What do you think?
: Hey man, duly noted - can't promise any immediate changes - but some of these arguments really resonated with me personally. I'm not a game designer so there may be things I'm not thinking about, but I'm the product lead for the team and can at the very least bring these to light and have a conversation about them.
Thank you so much. One sad point I forgot to mention is that the original Wall nerf happened because of the release of DFT, when it was too strong on him. But then DFT was nerfed, and he was not compensated. And then Rylai's was nerfed and he _completely_ lost the ability to chain Q's. That was the real emotional killer. Karthus spent the entirety of his existence with a 35% slow on isolated Rylai's Q's. He was completely fine/balanced with this, as it entirely defined his playstyle for years. Then the item was overbuffed to be good for everyone, then, in response, reworked to be about half as effective on him as it originally was. I could still find some skill expression playing him when using GLP. But with the removal of DFT and the addition of stopwatch, he just has zero kill potential. The _correct_ way to play him now is unhealthy for the game and rewards being unskillful - hiding and farming with zero interaction from a mile away, and then...well, I'm just repeating myself now. Your empathy means a lot to me. Please do bring it up. A lot of people who have loved Karthus for years will endure the wait with much _longsuffering_ in hopes of good news. Please don't forget! {{sticker:vlad-salute}} Be Kind Rewind
Meddler (NA)
: Model only updates might happen, particularly depending on your definition of what model only means. If a champion's model needs work, but their animations and rig (skeleton that the animations/model are built on) are good, then replacing the model's not too bad a task. We did that with Maokai a couple of years back for example and I think the result looks pretty good (if you've never seen it, worth looking up old Maokai). Some champs on the other hand have really poor animations/rigs, so even if they don't need other work replacing just the model's not an option. We can still do texture work on them (changing what's drawn onto the model), but there are limits to how much that can improve things and we've hit most of the texture opportunities already at this point.
Does Zilean qualify? All of his base models are awful - except for his Blood Moon skin, which seemed to be hand-crafted and is excellent.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 16
Hey Meddler. I'd like to bring up a serious concern that I think has flown under the balance team's radar. It is about Karthus - but not about him being too weak. Our concern is that every change made to Karthus (or indirectly to Karthus) over the past couple of years has lowered his skillcap drastically. Each change ends up 'power neutral' on average but neuters his best-case potential, which is essentially all Karthus has - very passionate one-tricks interested in mastering him. He's become drastically less rewarding to master, losing his level 2 all-in potential, his level 6 kill possibility (with the advent of stopwatch), and his mid-game 1v1 power (with the halving of Rylai's effectiveness on him...) A couple of such changes were, for example: 1) The Wall slow nerf, which made landing Q's more difficult, was said to be because he should have to chain it into his Rylai's slow. But then... 2) Rylai's was lowered to 20% slow after years of applying a 35% slow on isolated Karthus Q's. His most skill-based (Q-dueling based) playstyle was *crippled* by this change, paired with the wall slow nerf. 3) The removal of DFT being compensated with by a 15% AP ratio increase on his R. This change summarizes my entire concern - Karthus before used to be able to poke enemies out with skillfully isolated Q's, due to its single-target nature applying the full DFT burn. The removal of DFT removed his ability to duel early, but the team compensated by dumping more power into his lategame _walk-into-the-enemy-team-and-press-R_ playstyle. The generic, AFK farm with RoA and never interact with enemies, beginner Karthus playstyle This is my concern. Every change has made landing Q's on him less and less rewarding, or more and more difficult, while pumping power instead into ambient damage from his late-game suicide playstyle. I won't even mention what Stopwatch did to Karthus at a high level. But it may be worth considering. The removal of DFT wasn't the only hit to Karthus. His only playstyle left is 'afk farm for 30 minutes without ever interacting with the opponent, then suicide and press R'. He used to have so much versatility and threat early. Even popular high-elo Korean Karthus streamers have dejectedly been forced to abandon the champion, such as Trisexual and Zousenpai. He just doesn't fly at a high level anymore... Is there any chance you could bring this up to the team -- possibly look into shifting some power back into his actual skill-based playstyle (Q, W) rather than his ambient 'you die because im standing by you' (E, R) playstyle? It'd be a very small reverse-Azir/reverse-Ryze project. (Increasing his performance variance based on skill/experience instead of leaving him so mediocre at all levels and bad at high ELO.) Thank you for your notice & response! Be Kind Rewind {{item:3070}} {{champion:30}} {{item:3070}}
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: December 15
Please keep Klepto's early mana regen the same. It may seem extraneous on its melee users, but the mana regen it provides early is exactly what makes it feel good on most of its other users, especially supports (and my solo lane Zilean.) The combination of klepto+Manaflow Band + Biscuits mana regen is just enough to let some people skip a mana item or choose a smaller one, I.E. Lich instead of Morello, and as a result the current runes contribute strongly to build diversity. If you nerf Klepto's regen on top of the Manaflow nerf you just dropped, we'll likely have to revert to old builds and then be much more restricted again...
: For those of you stuck in "ELO Hell"?
: For those of you stuck in "ELO Hell"?
: For those of you stuck in "ELO Hell"?
GIJose65 (NA)
: MFW someone is buying Sword of the occult or mejais
RexSaur (NA)
: Its official, ryze got veigar'd
Have you considered that the reason he was a toplaner was due to his medium-short range + point-and-click bullying? Now that he has longer range on his Q, but less point-and-click bullying and less armor scaling (I think)...Maybe he's actually a midlaner again? And maybe that's why he's seeing lack of success? Being taken top repeatedly despite being an actual mage now? I could be wrong, though.
: For those of you stuck in "ELO Hell"?
I'm trying to avoid posting _lewd_ pictures But pretty much all Akali art is lewd wat do?
: For those of you stuck in "ELO Hell"?
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/36200000/League-of-legends-image-league-of-legends-36216114-1366-768.jpg
Aerrux (NA)
: LeBlanc players act like %%%%s
She's a lane bully. So, naturally, Leblanc players are likely to stomp during the laning phase, and thus assume they're skillful because they won lane as a hyper-mobile lane-bully - and then, consequently, they'll assume it's their teams' faults when they lose the game afterwards, during the period in which she can no longer just faceroll you/completely zone you by merely existing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jangle BoJangles,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FgP5ZxdY,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2015-05-01T01:34:00.939+0000) > > Heh. Clever. Not joking.
> [{quoted}](name=Maya Fey,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FgP5ZxdY,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2015-05-01T01:34:49.463+0000) > > Not joking. Trick2g is the better source for learning _more than one champion? _ <_< If you're serious. That's fine then. No need to debate it. I'm sure you can cite him playing several other tanks/bruisers than Udyr sometimes. In any case, Trick2g does teach plenty. But I'm not advertising this stream for pay or something, I'm posting it because I enjoy hanging out on it and want to hang out with some of you guys around there, and it seems to be growing already. The thing is, I can 1-on-1 converse with Armyremix, which, for example, can't be done with Trick2g without paying him to make one statement. (despite how educational his gameplay is.) I just prefer the actual personal experience myself. **And it's not 10,000 people spamming "RAISE UR DONGERS". ** It's a small community of friends and random viewers hanging out and conversing with eachother and learn together. I like it much better here personally. Hence why I'd like some of y'all to show up. :D
: If you actually wanna learn how to play the game and not just Akali, Trick2g and Wings are probably significantly better at it.
> [{quoted}](name=Maya Fey,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FgP5ZxdY,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2015-05-01T01:29:15.773+0000) > > If you actually wanna learn how to play the game and not just Akali, Trick2g and Wings are probably significantly better at it. Heh. Clever.
: Wow I remember that guy advertizing on old gd years ago, good akali only main. Does he still play shirtless? I thought twitch didnt allow that anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=RedPannda,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FgP5ZxdY,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-05-01T01:24:40.928+0000) > > Wow I remember that guy advertizing on old gd years ago, good akali only main. Does he still play shirtless? I thought twitch didnt allow that anymore. Nah, that was ages ago. It's just gameplay and commentary now. Teaching.
: For those of you stuck in "ELO Hell"?
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/283/9/8/akali_by_hatoritsukasa-d4cdry4.png
: My grandpa is dying
I'm sorry to hear that. God rest his soul. I hope you're doing alright.
: For those of you stuck in "ELO Hell"?
https://static.lolwallpapers.net/2014/11/Blood-Moon-Akali.jpg
: For those of you stuck in "ELO Hell"?
Bumping w/random Akali pictures.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Karthus passive bug? Can't Q for a time after death.
: Shaco and Mandrake Ward
This has been exactly my concern. Shaco's strength is his early-game ganking. 35 gold (plus your trinket ward) now make you near-immune to his ganks pre-6. The whole argument given for the implementation of this item was essentially, "We want people to be safe from ganks for the first 5 minutes." Why? Where is the balance in that? Is there a reason Shaco should be punished by wasting time trying to gank, get screwed by a mandrake ward, be behind the enemy jg, and then fall off incredibly hard as soon as the laning phase is over? It seems like the **actual cause** for this item concept was how jarvan/Lee sin (especially jarvan) can almost guarantee a kill at level 2/3 now if they land their combo with a simple walk-in gank. This ward would prevent them from absolutely completely pubstomping you if you ever don't have a ward up to see them coming. (and to be fair, they often still just dive you under tower then tank it while your lane opponent kills you, then walk away.) The fact that this screws over stealth champions seems totally arbitrary, one of those things where you say, *"Hey, everyone will like it cause they wont get ganked as much, right?? and if you're Lee or Jarvan, you won't have to worry about Shaco or Evelyn (LOL) keeping up with you anymore!!"* *"But what about the people who play those stealth champions?"* *"There are few enough of them that we can let them be screwed as long as it makes their competition happy! And we'll say we'll "potentially let them be strong in the future" due to this major nerf! Except Shaco, he has the "we're gonna rework him" scapegoat which means we can olaf him as much as we want cause we don't want to let a champion be viable until their rework!"* "So Riot, how long do we have to wait for the rework to make Shaco useful again, after the new super-cheap ward screwed him?" **"SOON! TM"** The irony is that this item only promotes the perma-splitpush playstyle for these champions, now. Is that healthier? Having a shaco that AFK farms all early game then splitpushes forever later? You want to turn a high-skillcap, frustrating *but balanced* champion into Nasus 2.0? Why?
: I made it gold!
: but mejais on an assassin who knows how to play their champ without dying a bunch can snowball early really well now. the problem isn't the late game because obviously needless builds into far better stuff in the long run. the problem is that it allows you to snowball faster and harder.
> [{quoted}](name=firedancer2000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BAb6aHlZ,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-02-11T23:13:03.721+0000) > > but mejais on an assassin who knows how to play their champ without dying a bunch can snowball early really well now. the problem isn't the late game because obviously needless builds into far better stuff in the long run. the problem is that it allows you to snowball faster and harder. Sounds like the problem is a few assassins benefiting too much from it, then. Is there a reason all the other squishy mages should be punished by having it nerfed? Just deal with the problem champions. Incidentally, they have been. Nerfs/changes for many assassins have been going through/have been being looked at.
: not sure what you mean by "it finally becomes efficient" considering that its starting cost and ap is more efficient than a needless. if you know how to play a champ right you can work around mana problems, at the very least until you have enough to get a mana item. however, there are also some like kat and akali who don't have to worry about that at all. and yes, I know that usually it only pays off if you play really well, but in the use of an assassin like kat or leblanc you don't have to play super well, just play fairly safe and wait until the situation is greatly in your favor (or just be like leblanc and do whatever the crap you want lol) and I agree that mejais doesn't entirely make her overwhelming, but it makes it too easy to snowball because of its high amount of ap for a lower amount of gold combined with the stacking mechanic. imo it just needs a couple stacks taken off or a base ap nerf
> [{quoted}](name=firedancer2000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BAb6aHlZ,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-02-09T00:51:37.806+0000) > > not sure what you mean by "it finally becomes efficient" considering that its starting cost and ap is more efficient than a needless. > > if you know how to play a champ right you can work around mana problems, at the very least until you have enough to get a mana item. however, there are also some like kat and akali who don't have to worry about that at all. > > and yes, I know that usually it only pays off if you play really well, but in the use of an assassin like kat or leblanc you don't have to play super well, just play fairly safe and wait until the situation is greatly in your favor (or just be like leblanc and do whatever the crap you want lol) > > and I agree that mejais doesn't entirely make her overwhelming, but it makes it too easy to snowball because of its high amount of ap for a lower amount of gold combined with the stacking mechanic. imo it just needs a couple stacks taken off or a base ap nerf Needlessly large rod starts 108.8% efficient. Mejai's starts slightly below 100%. Also, Needless builds into many stronger items. Mejai's is a permanent investment unless it fails and you re-sell it for less gold.
: KARTHUS SECOND Q BUG
: Karthus passive bug? Can't Q for a time after death.
: I dont understand you riot, (sona nerfs) (dj sona) (whatever)
Most likely, Riot is foreseeing the massive amount of people that will start playing DJ Sona once she's released, and thus had them adjust her stats somewhat. Was she overpowered? I wouldn't say so. Was she lacking counterplay? Probably. Targeted harass is pretty annoying. Think back to when Zilean was very popular. Point being: what if they didn't adjust her at all? Suddenly you see her in tons of matches, and have to deal with heavy undodgeable harass all laning-phase. You don't think people would start complaining? What if Riot nerfed her then? Don't you think you'd hear a lot of, "Wow you nerf Sona right after I buy her skin, THANKS RIOT" They did the right thing this time.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jangle BoJangles,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=oPu5L8No,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-02-08T07:40:30.661+0000) > > He is already healthy as he is. Strong, but balanced. Viable midlane, though unpopular - strong support, even though it isn't his niche role. > > Strong, versatile, balanced. Why change him? Because he isn't as broken as, say, Zed? > > The changes didn't make sense anyway. They only partially effected his AP scaling on one ability, if I recall correctly. If that's true, then it makes his build path...well...paradoxical? > > I.E. if you stack Magic pen as usual, you miss out on damage due to not having a bunch of AP...Or you stack AP, and you only get slight scaling on your other abilities. You basically had to choose which one to itemize for. > > Also, it unnecessarily and randomly hurt his support functionality, because him having high bases is a large part of why he's viable support. > > Like I said. **He's strong, versatile, yet balanced. There is no reason to change that.** > > If the issue is him not contending with broken midlaners, then the broken ones need changes, not him. > If the issue is not wanting him to be played botlane, then - so what? Why shouldn't he be? He works just fine there if his user is skilled enough, but he isn't overbearing. No need to change that. I don't think it should ever be optimal to stack pen on a champion and have them instagib their opponents. Especially as a sort of control mage. I have an issue with RIven, Zed, Rengar, Wukong, and every other AD caster who just stacks pen fro this exact reason. High base damages or free offensive stats make He was made to be a mid laner not a support (although I don't care either way). High base damages make for a really, really bad time when they build to utilize that high base damage. ESPECIALLY if you get *free true damage* for landing your spells. All I want is for Vel'Koz to focus more on AP than on pen. Same with Zed. I want his bonus AD on W removed, I think that would solve a lot of his problems, honestly. High base damage is fine in certain kits and on certain champions (like those with piss poor scaling or those that are meant to be tanks), but Vel'Koz has neither. Vel'Koz can already, in a full combo, deal 232% AP (assuming full ult) and that's without all the bonus true damage he'll be getting, so yes. I think we can take a bit off his bases and up his AP ratio slightly.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=oPu5L8No,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-02-08T07:58:17.608+0000) > > I don't think it should ever be optimal to stack pen on a champion and have them instagib their opponents. Especially as a sort of control mage. > > I have an issue with RIven, Zed, Rengar, Wukong, and every other AD caster who just stacks pen fro this exact reason. High base damages or free offensive stats make > > He was made to be a mid laner not a support (although I don't care either way). High base damages make for a really, really bad time when they build to utilize that high base damage. ESPECIALLY if you get *free true damage* for landing your spells. > > All I want is for Vel'Koz to focus more on AP than on pen. Same with Zed. I want his bonus AD on W removed, I think that would solve a lot of his problems, honestly. > > High base damage is fine in certain kits and on certain champions (like those with piss poor scaling or those that are meant to be tanks), but Vel'Koz has neither. Vel'Koz can already, in a full combo, deal 232% AP (assuming full ult) and that's without all the bonus true damage he'll be getting, so yes. I think we can take a bit off his bases and up his AP ratio slightly. A notable difference in those Armor Pen stacking AD champions, however, is that 1) they're AD, so they have sustained damage ON TOP OF their burst. (If VelKoz throws out his combo and the enemy tanks it, he generally has to flee.) Then compare it to Zed who can have his ult negated and then still auto you to death, even as the tank. Furthermore, because they're "melee" they often get much more mobility than champions like Vel'Koz. So, although Vel'Koz has range, if he's jumped on, he is probably screwed. Compare that to Zed, Riven...and that's laughable. Jump out, shadow out, blink out, dash out, w/e. Stacking pen works on AP champions who rely on a combo and still have clear counterplay. I promise you, Vel'Koz is not causing the game harm in his current state. AD champions that stack armor pen are. But really, maybe that just means that tanks need buffing, don't you think? Rather than making Vel'Koz generic & boring and forcing him into the 'meta' midlane role, when he's already not considered a strong pick. (Only viable in the right hands.)
: Nerf assassins so I can watch/play more Xerath vs. Ziggs
Don't retaliate against champions like Xerath, please. He's been balanced for quite a long time. The only reason he's strong now is because he can do what he does far away enough to not instantly die to champions like 1) Leblanc and especially **2) Zed.** Take Zed against Xerath and watch him squirm as he tries to conserve mana, can't keep up with your waveclear, can't do anything but cast 'barrier' when you towerdive him and walk away nonchalantly, etc. But in the LCS, these champions are often banned out. So, for example - say LeBlanc and Zed dominate mid. But Zed is banned. You can either 1) take LeBlanc, or 2) take someone that doesn't die instantly to leblanc. Like. You know. Xerath. Or even Kassadin. You can't just let all the broken, ruling champions be banned, then say "look, they're playing other champions now, nerf them!"
: When is Vel'Koz getting those changes from months ago?
He is already healthy as he is. Strong, but balanced. Viable midlane, though unpopular - strong support, even though it isn't his niche role. Strong, versatile, balanced. Why change him? Because he isn't as broken as, say, Zed? The changes didn't make sense anyway. They only partially effected his AP scaling on one ability, if I recall correctly. If that's true, then it makes his build path...well...paradoxical? I.E. if you stack Magic pen as usual, you miss out on damage due to not having a bunch of AP...Or you stack AP, and you only get slight scaling on your other abilities. You basically had to choose which one to itemize for. Also, it unnecessarily and randomly hurt his support functionality, because him having high bases is a large part of why he's viable support. Like I said. **He's strong, versatile, yet balanced. There is no reason to change that.** If the issue is him not contending with broken midlaners, then the broken ones need changes, not him. If the issue is not wanting him to be played botlane, then - so what? Why shouldn't he be? He works just fine there if his user is skilled enough, but he isn't overbearing. No need to change that.
: Aether Wing Kayle worth the ~$15?
Play it with sound on. The SFX on her E strikes is awesome. It makes her other skins feel like you're gently fanning your opponent when you auto them with E. Yes, I'd say it's worth the $15, no doubt.
Rarepig (NA)
: i think u were looking 4 this http://imgur.com/eakKKXW
> [{quoted}](name=Rarepig,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=k42rUM3N,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-02-07T20:25:39.736+0000) > > i think u were looking 4 this > > http://imgur.com/eakKKXW Thank you.
: am I though? if you're playing an assassin like {{champion:55}} with a heavy lvl 6 power spike, all you have to do is roam and play safe enough that you wont die in cirumstances that you can control at all. and regardless of the difference in percentage, an item like that should start out weak, not giving the same amount of ap as a {{item:1058}} for 200 less gold. not saying it needs reduced back to 0, but it should start with 5 stacks.
> [{quoted}](name=firedancer2000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BAb6aHlZ,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2015-02-07T20:02:49.606+0000) > > am I though? if you're playing an assassin like {{champion:55}} with a heavy lvl 6 power spike, all you have to do is roam and play safe enough that you wont die in cirumstances that you can control at all. and regardless of the difference in percentage, an item like that should start out weak, not giving the same amount of ap as a {{item:1058}} for 200 less gold. not saying it needs reduced back to 0, but it should start with 5 stacks. It does start with 5 stacks. If you do well enough without dying, for an early kill & assist, it becomes comparable to other AP items. (I.E. it finally becomes efficient.) If you *continue* to get many kills without dying, or barely ever dying, then it starts being worth the item slot it takes up. Keep in mind it delays Mana regen if bought early, or other offensive items if bought after Morello's/Athene's. I.E. it's a large gamble that only pays off well if you play extremely well. What's wrong with that? I will note that it becomes a little...cheese-y? When it's core on someone like Janna - because her kit, by default, revolves around preventing death, it makes it a little bit too easy to maintain stacks in some scenarios. That being said, I don't think Mejai's makes her too overwhelming anyway (since she's been nerfed, at least), so I still think the item is fine.
Rioter Comments
: well I'm speaking specifically about kat with mejais. and as a side note, I thought they reduced her q initial dmg? because it doesn't seem to be any lower, still dealing a surprisingly significant amount of dmg.
> [{quoted}](name=firedancer2000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BAb6aHlZ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-02-06T00:16:41.112+0000) > > well I'm speaking specifically about kat with mejais. > > and as a side note, I thought they reduced her q initial dmg? because it doesn't seem to be any lower, still dealing a surprisingly significant amount of dmg. Where did you get the number 115%? Quote from Lolwiki: > Mejai's Soulstealer item.png Mejai's Soulstealer is 31.1% gold efficient with no stacks and **93,2% gold efficient with its initial 5 stacks.** As a midlane mage main who understands how frustrating AP assassins can be, you're sorely overestimating its value.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot KateyKhaos,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=Y1tjWuNQ,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2015-02-03T20:54:09.916+0000) > > Her original lines are remixed. Please reconsider. Can't understand what she's saying and it sounds HORRIBLE. Like she's some kind of demon/ghost trying to talk through a TV cutting signal. Creepy. Really gonna creep me out to play with someone using this skin and distract me.
> [{quoted}](name=Cathulion,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=Y1tjWuNQ,comment-id=00070003,timestamp=2015-02-03T21:07:16.382+0000) > > Please reconsider. Can't understand what she's saying and it sounds HORRIBLE. Like she's some kind of demon/ghost trying to talk through a TV cutting signal. Creepy. Really gonna creep me out to play with someone using this skin and distract me. I think they'll sound really cool with her music alongside it, but the problem remains that her words are incomprehensible. (It sounds to me like they're spell incantations that kill you with sound or something, rather than...just...English words.)
Ouroboro (NA)
: this whole thread was just for u to do that
> [{quoted}](name=Ouroboro DFGAREN,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=VM49XxU0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-02-03T21:27:43.073+0000) > > this whole thread was just for u to do that wurf
: -1 its an online forum, no need to get intimate
> [{quoted}](name=StoneChip,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=cr64aEPd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-02-03T21:16:13.499+0000) > > -1 its an online forum, no need to get intimate Real people having real discussions, regardless of whether the discussion is happening online.
Zyvux (NA)
: To locked camera players: OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!
I don't play with locked camera, but this is a good change. I'm also glad the scroll sensitivity will be adjustable. (Is it already? I can't find it in the menu, haha.) As it stands, I use the arrow keys to scroll because it feels like barely scratching your screen's edge sends it flying half-way across the map. Making it less sensitive should help in my case.
GIJose65 (NA)
: Done with my placements
That's where I ended in the preseason, Gold IV. After hearing about the (in)accuracy of the provisional match placements so far, I'm scared I'll finish mine and be placed in low silver or even Bronze.
SouL1ess (NA)
: OP, do you mean how Talon got played competitively for a week and now his silence is gone? Because even if I see the shit coming it still hurts. Riot only "balances" their game if the problem is actually well-known, not because that *"there is a problem"*.
> [{quoted}](name=SouL1ess,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=uOcrQknj,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2015-02-02T23:53:38.390+0000) > > OP, do you mean how Talon got played competitively for a week and now his silence is gone? > > Because even if I see the shit coming it still hurts. Riot only "balances" their game if the problem is actually well-known, not because that *"there is a problem"*. Actually, Talon was starting to run rampant. To be honest, I'm glad they removed it; aside from the obvious 'I cannot do anything but try to walk away and instantly die anyways' problem, I don't think that someone who point-clicks on you and almost instantly unleashes their entire burst from point-blank range should be one of the strongest assassins in the game. To reiterate. I appreciate Talon's design because **he has to commit to fights.** If he dives, he either kills the enemy or dies himself (or both), as opposed to someone like Zed who doesn't actually have to put himself at much risk at all. What I don't like is the skillfloor of Talon. Virtually 'you appear on them and they die' or 'you appear on them and you die'. I think nerfing him actually makes him require more skill in terms of judging proper engages and playing safe when you need to, so it's also positive in that aspect.
Cater (EUW)
: I main {{champion:103}} Every time I see her competitively it is an indicator that she is way too easy to play and too strong. It kinda sucks, since as soon as she is picked competitively, everyone starts to spam her an 90% of the Ahries are next level garbage, so I can facepalm myself all game, IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS GUY, I CAN'T PLAY MY MAIN.
> [{quoted}](name=Cater,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=uOcrQknj,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2015-02-02T23:05:03.101+0000) > > I main {{champion:103}} > > Every time I see her competitively it is an indicator that she is way too easy to play and too strong. It kinda sucks, since as soon as she is picked competitively, everyone starts to spam her an 90% of the Ahries are next level garbage, so I can facepalm myself all game, IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS GUY, I CAN'T PLAY MY MAIN. They seem to be emphasizing her mage identity and getting rid of the assassin identity. How do you feel about that? Your post makes me think that it's good to shift her kit to rely more on skillshot damage rather than just one charm=death. Maybe she can be allowed to stay strong longer once her 100-0 assassin-identity is removed.
Show more

Be Kind Rewind

Level 50 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion