: One versus Nine. Inside the perspective of a fan, a player, a coach.
> [{quoted}](name=G3 Legacy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UIvzuQmL,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-21T23:29:54.742+0000) > > Hello everyone, I would like to begin this article in which I will discuss my thoughts on improvement with a thank you for everyone who has taken time out of their day to read this. My name is Erik Emanuel or Legacy. I have been a coach in the challenger scene in seasons 5 and 6, A owner of a amateur team trying to make it into the NACS, and most importantly a fan of the esports scene since season 3. Some of the teams that I coached on were Mentality gaming, Zenith Esports (briefly.), Avalanche Esports, LAGG Esports, and many others. I have gotten the great privilege of working with and learning from people who have since made it pro or into the academy league. I got into coaching by streaming vod reviews and to put a long story short spending the better part of season 3 4 and 5 watching vods and doing analysis for hour upon hours a day. Since then I have achieved micro and macro understand to direct tactics and strategy for amateur challenger teams with aspirations of making it into the nacs. > > > The reason that I have not continued my path of coaching starts at why I started coaching. I have always had a hunger to achieve a world championship for North America. I put college on hold. I put relationships career and life on hold to pursue my dream as unrealistic as it was. I spent many days working hard and tirelessly going over coaching theory and vods upon vods of gameplay. After two years of failure, Real life situations including parents divorce, and a serious relationship ending I ran into a severe social anxiety and depression. My confidence started dipping. I began to think I was the problem and I quit. Skip a few chapters of my life I began to get back to a happier state of mind and thought I was ready to try again as a player. I got coaching from coaches in the scene I worked with. reviewed my own vods, and worked hard. I was still meeting failure. Only peaking platinum level gameplay. When I got advice from coaches I was told that my macro view of the game is beyond the macro level of solo que. And this brings me past the introduction to discuss player mentality and whats happening as a result of it. > > > Im sure everyone can relate to those famous griefers that ruin games and do not care whether they win or lose, they just want to see their teammates suffer because of pride and ego that they made a mistake. It has gotten to a point where it goes beyond that to every game. Because of the toxic nature of solo que players have a very hard time listening to each other with a common goal of improvement and victory. In fact if you try to discuss methods of changing gameplay, strategy, or even basic macro itself in solo que you are 99 times out of 100 met with opposition. You are met with people claiming you don't know what youre talking about even though you are 11/3 and they are 2/12. There is something (I call it pride or ego) that limits the player to take in anything anyone else says because of how toxic the vast majority of solo que players are. This toxicity has led to mistakes being shameful. People telling each other to kill themselves. Bullying. People have a inside fear of being the reason they lose. When they make a mistake and they know it if you bring it up you are met with "muted." Which leads to my 3 years of macro understanding and in game leadership to be 100 percent completely useless. So I have tried to adapt. Be a solo carry. And for some reason the more I try being the solo carry the more troll comps I run into with all 5 players picking carries etc etc. Ive tried changing roles. Ive tried changing playstyle. Maybe all this change has stunted my climb. Ive always thought how do pro players do it. And after change. Failure. Change failure. Change Failure. I began to develop anger issues. These evil people in solo que constantly at work to hold you back. And if you offer advice you are met with further opposition than if you had just stayed quiet. > > > The reason this exist is shame of making a mistake. And fear of claiming responsibility. Not saying I am right every single time every time. But as a coach at a high level for 3 years it was way easier gaining the respect of challenger players than it was gold players. Ego was the issue. I can not count how many times ive been told I have no fucking clue. I can not count how many times ive been told im wrong over very basic concepts regarding macro win conditions. I have quit multiple times to always be brought back by my hunger. And if I had a answer I could do it. But where I tend to meet people who disagree with me is when I say there is a level of luck in solo que. No im not saying im as good as a challenger player and I get unlucky teams. What im saying is. Assuming everyone is at a similar level. but you have hard feeders whether it be on your team or the enemies it makes it hard to have improvement in mind when the game seems to be not who has the best player. but who has the worst. it makes quality of game playing as a 6/1 vs a 12/0 very low and improvement hard to obtain because the focus of the game becomes how to stop a tilter or feeder or someone who is a key win condition play to those win conditions without telling them because they wont listen. It takes the focus away from your own gameplay. and ive tried the carry concept maybe ive given up to easily but as someone who sees the game in a very large picture besides how it affects me directly its hard to see how to control this wildcards. > http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=g3+legacy > > As you can see in my games. there are very few wins where ive gotten carried. There is a game here and there. where I just do alright and win. But 70 percent of my games are about consistency and playing "perfect" (yes I know I didn't play perfect games. I mean that as heavily limiting the amount of mistakes you make and focus on playing a very solid good consistent game.) most of my wins ive had to pop off. And that is a lot of pressure to have to consistently play every single game like its life or death. > > Anyways, im curious on everyones thoughts. Any solutions to this mentality? Any suggestions for my playstyle? Would you like some coaching (if I have free time.) Would you like to play together? Im curious if theres anyone who sees this reality the way I see it. One versus Nine. You vs the enemy and your own team Sent you a friend request if you're still around. I'll tell you my discord or skype or whatever you use when you add me there. Don't want to post it here :) happy thanksgiving.
: I will try.... I'm still waiting on a response from someone real... I hope so too... I'm just really depressed.... thank you... i am genuine...
> [{quoted}](name=Morally Milked,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bZ3YUw7W,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-11-13T07:29:27.532+0000) > > I will try.... I'm still waiting on a response from someone real... I hope so too... I'm just really depressed.... thank you... i am genuine... What's your discord or steam ?
: I got 14 day suspension when I just literally spent this whole year trying to get to plat....
> [{quoted}](name=Morally Milked,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bZ3YUw7W,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-13T04:57:33.927+0000) > > pretty much i just got to plat at the end of this season, just yesterday on 11/11/18 for the first time since season 3...... i worked really un explainably hard to get there..... and apparently people reported me on an ARAM that i played with my stepbro that i lost because i died a lot or didn't "try hard", though I did try and i tried to win.... and the other game was actually on a ranked game where i panic picked jinx because I don't play adc very much and the adc's I did play I wasn't comfortable playing against draven so i tried to pick jinx which i thought might've been good, but it was horrible and i went 0/8 and i didn't even get to pick the runes that i wanted in time because my team was harrassing & "trade spamming" in champ select that i had smite still cause I rarely get any other role besides jg and that pressure was immense and i didn't even get to change my runes or change smite to heal, (by the way when i queue jg with a different ss it automatically changes to smite).... so pretty much i tried also in that game, but was especially out classed and i tried to push back and do my best but i was not feeding and didn't try to lose, there was literally nothing i could do at that point and i was doing my best.... I just want to know if somehow people can see this or if a rioter can help me please because i feel extremely harassed and this I believe this is completely undeserved....... like i literally want to cry..... I may have said something in those game like "this one is over" or "i was autofilled"(because that's truly how i feel in any role besides jg but adc is my best secondary...) or "i'm sorry" I know I told the guys/girls i was sorry in the ranked game for sure..... the ARAM i don't know what happened but i know that I am just morally milked man, I can't do enough right things to make everyone happy, can i please just make riot happy enough to un suspend my account so i can earn what i literally spent all season working towards just to long in today for this.... I've literally tried so hard to be good, and I can't control the people that aren't.... I do nothing but try to morally support people, and i'm just left morally milked.... i'm not even trying to be anything but genuine.... please can this be fixed ;-; The IFS doesn't care about your feelings and doesn't care about anything except you "conforming" to the "system" and basically being a perfect human being, and NEVER, EVER, EVER talking in chat, except to say "good job", "gj", "gl hf" and "gg wp" and NOTHING ELSE. EVER. Anything else you say can and will be used against you by an inhuman, uncaring bot, and you need to accept that. It's not your fault. It's the fault of the heartless employees who developed this system and thought they were doing something good. They don't care about casualties and victims falling through, yet they claim they do. Your best bet is to file a support ticket and ask politely for them to reverse the ban. Most likely they won't. It always tears my heart up to hear stories like this, but this is the current state of the game. It's dying. It's losing players fast, only driven by the esports marketing machine and profits, and all the money from tencent games. I suggest you just find a different game to play, a game run and managed by HUMAN beings that understand context and compassion. League is just for streamers now, washed out pros, and angry, depressed mentally ill kids and young adults. (Why do you think saying "Kys" is an instant 14 day ban? because Riot KNOWS most gamers are depressed and unable to cope with real life problems so they bring it into League). Feel free to add me on Discord or Steam. Post your discord here in a reply (or your steam) and I'll add you. There are some nice games coming out. Building a new rig for Battlefield 5 (my high end laptop can already run it but my desktop is a joke. My i9 9900K arrives tomorrow). BTW if you're not in highschool or older, don't contact me. I don't want to deal with young kids anymore, no offense.
: > [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jOgEXhMo,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-13T01:09:47.707+0000) > > well i did look at your match history . you go from bronze/silver the entire time you play league , jump from silver to gold from gold to plat in like a month time. > > you dont have to prove it to me, but riot says other wise. you can submit a support ticket but i doubt it will go well But then you can also see I got to gold 4 about a two months ago then quit. And I got to gold pretty easy that tome. Mainly from maiming garen top. I started playing with the silver friend for fun that was bad and got me demoted a lot. I then got myself back to gold and looked at meta picks as people said they were good. But honestly it’s not like I did all that great. Even playing those I went on a 5 game loss streak one time.
> [{quoted}](name=BestSmiteNA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jOgEXhMo,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-13T01:13:34.921+0000) > > But then you can also see I got to gold 4 about a two months ago then quit. And I got to gold pretty easy that tome. Mainly from maiming garen top. I started playing with the silver friend for fun that was bad and got me demoted a lot. I then got myself back to gold and looked at meta picks as people said they were good. But honestly it’s not like I did all that great. Even playing those I went on a 5 game loss streak one time. I'm supposed to be polite and respectful, but why do so many kids and college "young adults" lie through their freaking teeth? Can't man up and tell the truth and deal with the consequences so you can move on and grow? Didn't your parents teach you these things? Not to be rude here but that really isn't my job. But of course you'll still deny that you boosted.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UNLgRel6,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-12T22:04:20.277+0000) > > I find it super interesting that you managed to not play Lux in over a year and starting in Mid-October close to the end of the season you suddenly happened to pick her up and managed to do super well in every single ranked game thus getting you gold. I mean for the vast majority of this season I haven’t been playing much anyways, when I came back I found success on Lux.
> [{quoted}](name=TooMuchDog,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UNLgRel6,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-11-12T22:09:08.127+0000) > > I mean for the vast majority of this season I haven’t been playing much anyways, when I came back I found success on Lux. You can't do good on a champion you don't have mental tuning with and muscle memory with. Unless it's dial-a-reset Katarina (no skill champ). Sounds to me like you were boosting and using military service to try to make up some teenage bullshit excuse that you're innocent. I've been dealing with a LOT of kids (if you're in college you are STILL a kid) these days and one thing I learned is that they ALL lie. All the time, unless they are happy and getting what they want.
: Summoner threatening self harm
Are you white knights all over these forums so secretly toxic that you've forgotten about basic human dignity? Everyone replying in this thread is the exact reason most league players hate each other and WHY toxicity runs rampant in this community--no one cares about anyone anymore, except people who are perfect in their own eyes (and even then, they have to be perfect on the side of perfect). Disgusting.
Jo0o (NA)
: So, the system was great until you made your way to the wrong side of it, and now it's bad. Roger.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Brfqzhd7,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-12T12:58:23.393+0000) > > So, the system was great until you made your way to the wrong side of it, and now it's bad. Roger. Jo0o please read what he's saying clearly. The new system is MUCH worse than the old system because CASUAL players get hurt FAR worse than grinders. A person who has strict parents who can only play maybe 5 games a week, who gets a 10 game chat restriction at the very beginning of the season is not going to reach honor level 2 by the end. Same goes for very busy college students, like Physics majors. They don't have time to grind videogames.
Modi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lyandere,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Brfqzhd7,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-12T10:25:29.019+0000) > > When these changes first came out, I thought it was something good and positive, but it ended up being **REALLY BAD.** > > **1st:** the balance in ranked is terrible, which causes people to end up with really bad players. I would argue that smurfing makes this worse. Since I don't play ranked, I can't say for certain. > **2nd:** the "report" and "penalty" system is broken, it's way too easy to be a huge troll and bypass that without getting any penalty what so ever. Since they can run around the map doing nothing, they can steal CS, etc etc. If you say any bad words, even if they are not towards anyone, example: you died and you say "shit I died", someone can be an asshole, report you for that, and you will get fucked up over it. Happened to many people before, me included. Plenty of times in my games, I have said: ass, fuck, shit, piss, damn, in this *exact* same context (eg. "Shit, I fucked up"), not once have I been given a punishment. There's probably more to those chat logs than just cursing aloud. > **3rd:** It's unfair to ONLY get season rewards having honor level 2, because we work our ass off, ranking up, tolerating all kinds of toxic/troll players, to get nothing in the end. Because you need to carry HARD to recieve honors from people, and even so, most of the time you don't even get those! Depending on people's honor is RIDICULOUS to get season reward, when YOU worked hard for it, most of the time by yourself. Is it fair to have to deal with asshole who flamed at every little thing? I think not. The fact that you **start** at honor 2, and you need only honor 2 for rewards makes it fair. The only way to go below that honor is to collate the rules. > **4th:** Honor system DOES NOT make the community less toxic/troll. Maybe even the opposite of that, because I'm pretty sure those people piss you off HARD to make you rage eventually just to report you after and pretend they did nothing. (Muting in game doesnt help much since they can steal CS and troll your lane). Plus we are all human beings as far as I know, everyone have a limit. When you play ranked every day, and you get a toxic/troll play in 9 out of 10 games (yes, it's that often unfortunately), it's near impossible to not rage eventually. Not impossible. It takes self-control, which is not an impossible skill to acquire > **--** Honors should be only for a BONUS reward. Like Icons, wards and such. NOT for ranked rewards. > **--** It took me MONTHS to get to honor level 2, because it's that hard to get it, and then I got chat restriction because of a troll in my game that I lost pacience after 20 games getting trolls/toxic/afk players, and that happened 2 (TWO!!!!) days before the season reward... How am I supposed to unlock honor + get honor back up to level 2 in 2 days!? IMPOSSIBLE. If you had to take months to get to honor 2, that means you were below honor 2, which means you were punished for breaking the rules. > **--** If you want the community to be less toxic/troll. MAKE A BETTER SYSTEM FOR IT. > I want honor back to how it was, just as a bonus. I WASTED this whole year, ranking up, and doing MY BEST to not get banned/chat restriction, for someone to troll me so hard, that telling him to "please don't play ranked when you are 12 years old", and get chat restriction and lose my reward over it! (Yes, he was actually 12 year old, playing worse than a bot, in a ranked silver flex game, saying "this is my first time in ranked, I dont know how to play ashe). In the old system, if you had a 14 day ban at any point in the season, you lose rewards, no reform possible. You want that? > **--** I'm sick of reporting players for being trolls/toxic/afk and nothing happens to them (we do know when it happens, coz they give you an alert for it). The alert is not guaranteed. If will occasionally display when action is taken. > Also, how do we report someone for stealing CS and stuff!?? Please make a better system! > PS: Even getting key frags is a pain due to this honor system... I have a bunch of chests stacked up, and no keys what so ever! Key fragments are tied to honor. Right now, I have more than 20 whole keys, and several key fragments. I usually get one fragment per login each day or so > _**I saw ALOT of people complaining and even quitting game over this already, on discord/game. And I hope I get my Orianna Victorious, because losing that reward over this failed system, is ridiculous!!!**_ > > > **COMPLEMENT FROM deathgod5 POST** > Example: > > player 1: > > player 2: > > I am not saying that people do or don't deserve the rewards, I am saying that getting punished later in the season shouldn't be a bigger punishment because they broke the rules later. > > They both broke the rules, yet one gets to be punished for it. It's not a bigger punishment, but the stakes are higher. The punishment is the same. You are conflating the punishment with the subsequent events.
> [{quoted}](name=Modi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Brfqzhd7,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-12T13:47:56.329+0000) > > I would argue that smurfing makes this worse. Since I don't play ranked, I can't say for certain. > > Plenty of times in my games, I have said: ass, fuck, shit, piss, damn, in this *exact* same context (eg. "Shit, I fucked up"), not once have I been given a punishment. There's probably more to those chat logs than just cursing aloud. > > Is it fair to have to deal with asshole who flamed at every little thing? I think not. > > The fact that you **start** at honor 2, and you need only honor 2 for rewards makes it fair. The only way to go below that honor is to collate the rules. > > Not impossible. It takes self-control, which is not an impossible skill to acquire > > If you had to take months to get to honor 2, that means you were below honor 2, which means you were punished for breaking the rules. > > In the old system, if you had a 14 day ban at any point in the season, you lose rewards, no reform possible. You want that? > > The alert is not guaranteed. If will occasionally display when action is taken. > > Let fragments are yours to honor. Right now, I have more than 20 whole keys, and several key fragments. I usually get one fragment per login each day or so > > It's not a bigger punishment, but the stakes are higher. The punishment is the same. You are conflating the punishment with the subsequent events. You are wrong. Under the old system, if you had a 14 day ban AFTER the week of August, OR had an ACTIVE chat restriction, you lost rewards. Under the new system, you have to be honor level 2, and dropping to honor level 1 for a 10 game chat restriction (which is your "warning", right?), could take HUNDREDS of games to grind back to honor level 2. A tightly parented highschool kid or busy college student isn't going to be able to play hundreds of games a week. They might only get to play 4 games a week. 5 games a week? That means if you got a 10 game chat restriction at the VERY BEGINNING OF THE SEASON---no rewards for you. Not trying to insult you here but your logic is just extremely flawed.
Lamim (NA)
: I'm checkpoint 2 of 3 before honor lvl2, possible to get lvl 2 before season end?
Impossible. You have more of a shot contacting Riot support via a ticket and politely pleading your case and hope someone reaches you before the end of tomorrow....
: Personally only 1 out of 5 of my games I encounter real toxicity. I do play a great deal, but don't encounter as much and when I do I don't engage with it. I mute it if I must, especially if it's towards me and I continue to play. Also, I come to this board all the time. I see players penalized every single hour. Context doesn't matter. Nor should it. Because there's no need for other players with ill-intent finding loopholes. Riot is finding more ways to handle toxicity by each step, and the newest one is with the honor system. The majority of the community plays Ranked. With the honor system taking steps impacting Ranked, players will realize the consequences of their actions more often. This newly implemented system is rather a big step and impacting toxic/ignorant players greatly. So I can only see Riot doing more with this new system as we go on. Soon, it'll either speak maturely or don't speak at all.
> [{quoted}](name=Zombie Gerbil,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Z7Oe3TbH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-12T04:25:58.127+0000) > > Personally only 1 out of 5 of my games I encounter real toxicity. > I do play a great deal, but don't encounter as much and when I do I don't engage with it. > I mute it if I must, especially if it's towards me and I continue to play. > > Also, I come to this board all the time. I see players penalized every single hour. > Riot is finding more ways to handle toxicity by each step, and the newest one is with the honor system. > The majority of the community plays Ranked. With the honor system taking steps impacting Ranked, players will realize the consequences of their actions more often. This newly implemented system is rather a big step and impacting toxic/ignorant players greatly. So I can only see Riot doing more with this new system as we go on. > > Soon, it'll either speak maturely or don't speak at all. You completely ignored everything the OP said. Why does everyone do this? My god...
Ulanopo (NA)
: Yes, you can get an _escalated_ ban from a single game, but that's more for obvious, "zero-tolerance" forms of toxicity, such as racial slurs. Those start at 14 days, though, and are considered a "last chance" ban because that sort of behavior really isn't welcome. It doesn't sound like that's what you got, though. 10 game chat restrictions are usually the result of building up a number of low-level concerns like report begging or harassment. Oh, and as far as that "are you a Riot employee" thing, I'm a volunteer moderator who has been helping people since before you started playing League.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QXQRrA7X,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-11T23:03:54.432+0000) > > Yes, you can get an _escalated_ ban from a single game, but that's more for obvious, "zero-tolerance" forms of toxicity, such as racial slurs. Those start at 14 days, though, and are considered a "last chance" ban because that sort of behavior really isn't welcome. > > It doesn't sound like that's what you got, though. 10 game chat restrictions are usually the result of building up a number of low-level concerns like report begging or harassment. > > Oh, and as far as that "are you a Riot employee" thing, I'm a volunteer moderator who has been helping people since before you started playing League. Me? I got nothing, bro. I'm not the original poster.
: No, that doesn't happen. The point of the behavioral system is to ban people who show a pattern of negative behavior. You don't establish a pattern with one single game. You can get a 2 week ban with one game, when you use racial/homophobic slurs, but not a chat restriction.
> [{quoted}](name=disregardable,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QXQRrA7X,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-11T22:38:58.816+0000) > > No, that doesn't happen. The point of the behavioral system is to ban people who show a pattern of negative behavior. > > You don't establish a pattern with one single game. > > You can get a 2 week ban with one game, when you use racial/homophobic slurs, but not a chat restriction. Read the OP's reply. A Riot EMPLOYEE REPLIED that a single game can get you a chat restriction. It's possible. Or are you a Riot employee who knows more than Riot does? I think you are not, therefore you have zero credibility except internet rhetoric. And I'll say it again. "Pattern of behavior?" How about popping up a warning to let people know they didn't exactly act properly, before they wind up LOSING THEIR REWARDS OVER A CHAT RESTRICTION?
LeiRaion (NA)
: I am confused about this... If there was more examples then wouldn't they all be listed? I've seen people on streams and even my friends get chat restrictions before and have seen multiple games chat logs listed. I have never seen only 1 game listed before. In my coversations with the support team they did not suggest anything about other instances. I specifically asked them about that. A support team member named Legendary told me the following > "The way I would think of it is that we look at instances of negativity for the game itself and if there is a pattern in a game like this then yes it can go to a penalty even for one game. There isn't any requirements that there needs to be multiple games before a penalty is issued." Again, I am not saying a chat restriction for 10 games was unfair punishment. I am saying that disabling end season rewards for a first time offense in 1 instance in thousands of games over nearly a decade of play is very unfair punishment. _It should also be noted that I only returned to the game roughly 2 weeks ago... So if other instances existed, which I'm confident they do not, they would be very recent._
> [{quoted}](name=Letsatsi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QXQRrA7X,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-11T22:20:10.955+0000) > > I am confused about this... If there was more examples then wouldn't they all be listed? I've seen people on streams and even my friends get chat restrictions before and have seen multiple games chat logs listed. I have never seen only 1 game listed before. > > In my coversations with the support team they did not suggest anything about other instances. I specifically asked them about that. > > A support team member named Legendary told me the following > > Again, I am not saying a chat restriction for 10 games was unfair punishment. I am saying that disabling end season rewards for a first time offense in 1 instance in thousands of games over nearly a decade of play is very unfair punishment. It's very unfair, and the sign of a horribly mismanaged company, that only cares about money and its esports and investors. People love to glorify companies, but just like in the laptop industry, these companies are run by gibberlings who don't know the working end of a wheelbarrow. A properly designed system would give you a STERN POPUP WARNING saying that "your recent behavior is not in line with what is expected of the league community" If you not change your behavior and fix your attitude, you will be punished and lose access to ranked rewards or even risk an account ban. This is your ONE and ONLY warning." (followed by chat logs). THIS system would be enough to give people who had 1 very bad game, without zero tolerance words, a wakeup call and give them a reason to take a break and look at their own behavior. They could then freely post on these forums asking why they were warned, without having their rewards taken away. The problem with this idea is, it makes sense. Instead you have a shitty half-assed solution which does NOTHING except to piss people off, and make them troll even more, since if they aren't getting ranked rewards, who cares? Their accounts no longer mean anything, so hey---if they're going to die in a burning fire, might as well pull along anyone else they can with them, right?
: I read the whole thing, and I understand you're upset that you aren't getting season rewards. So here's the thing you're not understanding. The chat logs that appear are *examples* of negative behavior. This one game is not the *only* reason you are punished. You were already on the edge of punishment from prior negative behavior, and that was the game that pushed you over the edge. The examples have to be recent, but *all of the games you were negative in counted* towards receiving this punishment. The timing is unfortunate, but if you weren't breaking the rules, it wouldn't have happened. I'm sorry you missed the season rewards. On the bright side, you'll have a border next year, because they're changing the way borders work. At the end of the day, it's only one cosmetic, and honestly you can purchase a better one.
> [{quoted}](name=disregardable,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QXQRrA7X,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-11T22:15:02.546+0000) > > I read the whole thing, and I understand you're upset that you aren't getting season rewards. > > So here's the thing you're not understanding. The chat logs that appear are *examples* of negative behavior. This one game is not the *only* reason you are punished. You were already on the edge of punishment from prior negative behavior, and that was the game that pushed you over the edge. The examples have to be recent, but *all of the games you were negative in counted* towards receiving this punishment. The timing is unfortunate, but if you weren't breaking the rules, it wouldn't have happened. > > I'm sorry you missed the season rewards. On the bright side, you'll have a border next year, because they're changing the way borders work. At the end of the day, it's only one cosmetic, and honestly you can purchase a better one. Completely wrong. You can get a chat restriction for ONE GAME. You only get chat logs from multiple games if MORE than one game gives you a 'high 'toxicity' score, but not enough to be punished.
: I got a loss in my promos because of a dc and its kinda bogus
> [{quoted}](name=LeafyGreen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QEN1Boq1,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-11T20:53:15.931+0000) > > I just recently won a match in ranked on my promos and since I disconnected during the game it counted it as a loss. I was stomping the enemy laner during the match and had a system error, so I had to restart my pc. It took a while for my pc to restart and when I got back I came back an won the match. This counted as a loss for me but I feel like this is kind of unfair to me, since can't league report when I didn't just leave the match and there was some sort of error. I got back and won and was not toxic the entire game, and it just makes me really upset is all I gotta say I guess. Wrong section. Should be posted in general. Nothing about toxicity here. Sorry about your promo.
: Do you mean locked to unlocked? Because a standard amount of time is 1-2 weeks per checkpoint.
> [{quoted}](name=disregardable,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FzPzdJ9O,comment-id=00000001000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-10T22:59:17.791+0000) > > Do you mean locked to unlocked? > > Because a standard amount of time is 1-2 weeks per checkpoint. It unlocks in two days if you play enough and are very positive. For me, 0 to 1 took "about" a week and a half (it was not 2 weeks). Maybe I was 'incorrect' about it being a week since I was sick for a few days during that time. But level 1 to 2 took twice as long as level 0 to 1. And again I don't have the links, but it was posted a few weeks ago in this forum. In a support ticket, a Rioter (probably some outsourced Indian call center) said that ANY reports on your account slow down your honor progress, even if you say or do absolutely nothing and your chat logs are pristine. I mentioned that this was the same system Blizzard uses for Overwatch, except you can actually DROP endorsement levels from being reported falsely. With all the flaming and "that didn't happen" weekend raging, I'm regretting not saving that post. You can probably google it and reference "Player behavior moderation".
: People get people killed when things go wrong. Actually human error tends to kill way more people than computers error.
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Vzajoi7E,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-10T22:34:35.522+0000) > > People get people killed when things go wrong. I think this is the first time player behavior turned into Flight Crash investigation.
rujitra (NA)
: If your mouse messes up and clicks the wrong thing, do you blame the computer manufacturer? No, you ban the mouse. The sensor provides **data** to the computer. If the sensor is providing faulty data **due to faulty manufacturing, install, or design**, that is the sensor's fault, not the computer's fault. Further, if the faulty data is due to manufacturing, install, or design, that is **human error**, not a computer error (unless the computers manufacturing the part malfunctioned, for example). Once again, though, 3 flights out of the tens of millions of flights since AF447? Yeah. That's a ridiculously high rate. And by the way, how many crashes are due to **pilot (human) error** a year? More than computer error, even if you use the liberal definition of "computer" error you're pandering.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Vzajoi7E,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-10T22:22:03.888+0000) > > If your mouse messes up and clicks the wrong thing, do you blame the computer manufacturer? No, you ban the mouse. The sensor provides **data** to the computer. If the sensor is providing faulty data **due to faulty manufacturing, install, or design**, that is the sensor's fault, not the computer's fault. Further, if the faulty data is due to manufacturing, install, or design, that is **human error**, not a computer error (unless the computers manufacturing the part malfunctioned, for example). > > Once again, though, 3 flights out of the tens of millions of flights since AF447? Yeah. That's a ridiculously high rate. And by the way, how many crashes are due to **pilot (human) error** a year? More than computer error, even if you use the liberal definition of "computer" error you're pandering. You're missing my point in a brazen attempt to say "you're wrong." Computers can fail all the time. Or they can do their job. Or they can be hacked. Or you can put winblows 10 on it and watch the world burn :) But NO COMPUTER SHOULD PREVENT A HUMAN FROM OVERRIDING IT AND TAKING MANUAL CONTROL. That is the problem here. I forgot the name of that test flight doing a stall test, but the humans were UNABLE to take manual control of the plane because the computer thought they were making the plane go into a dive because it thought it was going too fast... Skynet, here I come... and yes, I know I'm arguing with you. I'm 47. I've seen my share of bad shit in this world. Hell even from the old Pascal (NO, Not the Nvidia cancer video card throttle bullcrap), and Apple II+ days, "To err is human. To really fuck things up requires a computer." I don't deny that computers HELP. Yes they do. And yes they have made things safer overall. But you do not want AI to prevent humans from overriding it. Or you get Judgement day. Look, dude. I'm not trying to attack you ok? But maybe i'm biased. 32 years later and I'm still afraid to fly. Because I still hear that sound of that jet coming down like it was a bomb being dropped by the Soviet Union (yes, they still existed then). I still have nightmares of jets crashing to this day. Be lucky you're not me. Be lucky you're able to experience life from a more happy position.
rujitra (NA)
: The levels do not have any change in time. It takes the same amount of time 0-1 as it does 1-2. Likewise, it takes the same amount of time 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 - so long as you're playing the same amount of games and not being toxic. What happens to many players is that when they hit honor 1 they think "hmm, I can be toxic again" - or they just forget to not be toxic - so their progress is accordingly slowed.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FzPzdJ9O,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-10T22:20:24.910+0000) > > The levels do not have any change in time. > > It takes the same amount of time 0-1 as it does 1-2. > > Likewise, it takes the same amount of time 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 - so long as you're playing the same amount of games and not being toxic. > > What happens to many players is that when they hit honor 1 they think "hmm, I can be toxic again" - or they just forget to not be toxic - so their progress is accordingly slowed. Not anymore. Riot admitted they changed the requirement for getting out of level 0 honor. Level 0 to 1 only took me 1 week. Level 1 to 2 took me a month...
rujitra (NA)
: No. Bans reduce to 0 and locked.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FzPzdJ9O,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-10T22:05:04.094+0000) > > No. Bans reduce to 0 and locked. Which is irrelevent because it takes about a week to get from level 0 to level 1. It's level ONE that is the problem.
rujitra (NA)
: Funny, because the first two of those were **mechanical failures, almost certainly due to human error in design/manufacturing/replacement**. Not computer errors. The last one was completely due to pilot error. The **computers** do not give the readings - the sensors do, and the sensors were designed improperly for AF447 and for Lion 610 they were not replaced properly. I think you really shouldn't talk about this when you don't even know what you're talking about. But, even if I were to agree that all three were computer error, 3 errors out of **literally millions of flights since AF447**? Wow. More flights crash due to pilot error than any computer problems. Fun fact.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Vzajoi7E,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-10T21:48:25.715+0000) > > Funny, because the first two of those were **mechanical failures, almost certainly due to human error in design/manufacturing/replacement**. Not computer errors. The last one was completely due to pilot error. > > The **computers** do not give the readings - the sensors do, and the sensors were designed improperly for AF447 and for Lion 610 they were not replaced properly. > > I think you really shouldn't talk about this when you don't even know what you're talking about. But, even if I were to agree that all three were computer error, 3 errors out of **literally millions of flights since AF447**? Wow. > > More flights crash due to pilot error than any computer problems. Fun fact. Sensors are part of a computer system, my friend. Or are you saying that your keyboard, mouse, monitor and other input devices are not part of a computer system? I Think you are confusing "CPU" with "computer" A CPU is NOT a computer. A computer is a SYSTEM. I'm not blaming CPU's here. Or "Artificial intelligence." I think you should go to youtube and watch Air Crash Investigation. been watching it the last 2 days straight. P.S. I'm age 47. I was 2 blocks away from when that jet came down in Cerritos in 1986. I don't think you've EVER Experienced a plane crash in your life. I have.
PaniczBoski (EUNE)
: Getting permabanned for calling people toxic and asking the enemy team for report?
Absolutely agree. It's people like you that ruined my entire morning constantly flaming me and asking the enemy team to mass report me REPEATEDLY, constant harassment. I have absolutely NO sympathy for you. BTW their reports got discarded and *THEY* got punished while I'm continuing to play. Because I don't run my mouth. I just say 'And....muted' and let them dig their own grave. Kids on the weekend, man....
rujitra (NA)
: No, that's not how it works at all. By the way, have you ever flown into an airport when it was foggy? It's likely that a computer landed the plane. Not a human. Computers are very powerful.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Vzajoi7E,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-10T20:44:05.928+0000) > > No, that's not how it works at all. > > By the way, have you ever flown into an airport when it was foggy? It's likely that a computer landed the plane. Not a human. > > Computers are very powerful. Air France 447 would like a word with you. As well as Lion Air flight 610 and AirAsia Flight 8501 All caused by computers giving wrong readings. Do you remember that one test flight of that 787 (somewhere in Europe), that was doing stall and recovery tests? The plane went into the stall then when the pilots said to put the nose down, the plane PITCHED NOSE UP, because the computer thought the plane was LEVEL and going too fast. So it ignored the pilots request to pitch the nose down to recover from the stall !!!! Read up on it. the people all died. Yes, computers are fucking amazing things. That GET PEOPLE KILLED when things go wrong.
: Is being Autofilled the Reason i keep getting Chat Banned?
Spamming chat and certain flagged words (Computer bot logic) leads to punishments. Know how the system works and use it. Remember--if man makes it, man can break it. Starforce was broken (for those old enough to remember what Starforce was). Denuvo was broken. And the "IFS" is also broken. You can NOT have a computer do a human's job. Computers are for number crunching and automating tedious inhumane tasks that would make Mister Spock smile.
Kei143 (NA)
: There really aren't that many trolls ingame. Typically those that are saying trolls are running rampant have a pretty poor definition of what a troll is, and is commonly confused with people whom are making bad gameplay decisions or are autofilled and don't know how to play their role / champ as much as their main. S9 Positional Match Making along with Iron Tier to start provisions should be able to take care of the autofilled problems, but you still need to have a better definition of what a troll is. Just know that people can make bad gameplay decisions. Sometimes a good decision and instantly become a bad decision when you team doesn't follow up with that decision. You know .. like how the jungler sees a pick potential, jumps onto the enemy and expects their laner to follow up, but the laner doesn't react, maybe because he feels that he can't take on the enemey. The JG, instead of backing off because his laner didn't react, the Jg dies and the laner now calls him a troll, but the jg calls the laner a troll for not reacting. In that scenario, both players misplayed and made some bad decisions. No one really is the troll.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=pZYJYs5A,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-10T13:07:12.060+0000) > > There really aren't that many trolls ingame. Typically those that are saying trolls are running rampant have a pretty poor definition of what a troll is, and is commonly confused with people whom are making bad gameplay decisions or are autofilled and don't know how to play their role / champ as much as their main. > > S9 Positional Match Making along with Iron Tier to start provisions should be able to take care of the autofilled problems, but you still need to have a better definition of what a troll is. Just know that people can make bad gameplay decisions. > > Sometimes a good decision and instantly become a bad decision when you team doesn't follow up with that decision. You know .. like how the jungler sees a pick potential, jumps onto the enemy and expects their laner to follow up, but the laner doesn't react, maybe because he feels that he can't take on the enemey. The JG, instead of backing off because his laner didn't react, the Jg dies and the laner now calls him a troll, but the jg calls the laner a troll for not reacting. > > In that scenario, both players misplayed and made some bad decisions. No one really is the troll. Completely wrong. Played two games in plat 3 this morning. ran into toxic teenage trolls BOTH GAMES. Very first game, this mentally ill Trist flames me in champselect, begging everyone to dodge saying "I'm going to INT with karthus top, you will regret not dodging". I proceed to get 1st blood 1v2ing at top while Trist rages and flames nonstop and gets LESS THAN HALF MY CS, because he's too busy bitching. Then next game, I have this angry little kid whiny Teemo whining so much he pissed off BOTH teams. Which he is still doing as I write this. Please don't say there are 'few' trolls. I know full well how you guys want to defend people who have mental illnesses, but I call them out because they affect me and my games, my performance and keep my elo where it doesn't belong.
Jo0o (NA)
: I don't think he's been banned for boosting. That's the other guy.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nGtM2qEX,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-10T03:11:33.397+0000) > > I don't think he's been banned for boosting. That's the other guy. Sorry then
SS1986 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nGtM2qEX,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-10T02:07:00.330+0000) > > May 11 and 12, you swapped your flash key and won eight ranked matches in a row with ridiculously high KDAs. > > The real sham is the service you clearly used, since even a non-rioter layman like myself can spot your boost in minutes. Its not my account to start but I had a 25 game winstreak on kog jg before when he had machine gun mode from gold 3 to plat 1 but this thread is rly about elo shaming and being toxic why should my posts get removed for this if riot employees can't even hold up to there own standards cause according them its not about context like if you int my game run down mid 20 times and I call you a stupid troll I get a chat restriction or if someone on here makes a dumb post about Yi being too broken and is impossible to stop at any elo and there bronze and I call them a bronze and that's only bronze it gets removed .
: This is a boosted account Riot, ban it please
> [{quoted}](name=The Öutcast,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bPEFJscW,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-09T05:05:49.301+0000) > > I'm not including the name of the account because it's naming and shaming. > > However, this guy has a 11 percent win rate in top lane, and did less damage than the support. I had the unfortunate displeasure to have him on my team twice in a row. He needs to be banned for boosting his account, because someone who belongs where I currently am isn't going to have an 11 percent win rate in almost 500+ games. > > https://gyazo.com/855ec335e293b674e9a796208dd5f27b > https://gyazo.com/8db4ea5399b2d239dddfb40fff761cab > > These players plague my ranked games, there needs to be more action taken against them. Please grow up, dude. This isn't your personal e-raging hunting ground. No one cares about someone having a bad game making you lose. I had this happen all day to me today and I'm not here whining about it, to make others have sympathy for me. And naming and shaming is NOT allowed. I'm sorry that people don't play perfectly and play up to YOUR expectations. And I'm sure since you are feel like you deserve challenger, everyone else worse than you should be banned, am i right? Try filing a support ticket with Riot. Even though nothing will happen, at least your ego will be satiated and you can go to sleep happy :)
ranyhin2 (NA)
: I see. Well if this is the state of what league has come to and what y'all honestly think is acceptable for a ban, then I'll just leave now . Yall have fun I'm done with this trash community and this game. Thanks for the input though.
> [{quoted}](name=ranyhin2,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IE9kosE7,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-09T01:19:37.902+0000) > > I see. Well if this is the state of what league has come to and what y'all honestly think is acceptable for a ban, then I'll just leave now . Yall have fun I'm done with this trash community and this game. Thanks for the input though. Why are you advertising on forums that you're quitting? Just leave and find a new game to play.
: so riot set my account to honor level 0, but I didn't get a notifaction or an Email?
> [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ZQE6guBY,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-08T23:22:59.115+0000) > > Is everybody else's honor looking normal? I didn't really do anything for the past few days due to a broken finger so idk why i'd be set to 0. I'm mere days away from the rewards too :/ > > Also I went in a bot game to see if there was any restrictions... can still queue up and play and can still chat so idk what happened with the account. Bot games don't show if you have a chat restriction, from what I remember. If it's a custom game that isn't matchmade.
: It seems most of you are missing the point of the post. What I said in the games is irrelevant to the post aside from "KYS". Everything I said in the 2 games is simply response to being hard flamed and not serious or hostile at all.
> [{quoted}](name=Overcastx,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Zq13dc42,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-08T22:11:59.463+0000) > > It seems most of you are missing the point of the post. What I said in the games is irrelevant to the post aside from "KYS". Everything I said in the 2 games is simply response to being hard flamed and not serious or hostile at all. You went on a holier than thou white knight attitude preaching about how literally perfect you are as a human being on the ethics scale, and then you do exactly what you say other people shouldn't do--put yourself on some lofty pedastal while insulting and flaming and harassing your teammates and trying to make it seem like you're a victim. This paints you as a narcissist, who is not only delusional, but completely out of touch with the real world. Ban 100% deserved.
exxpose (NA)
: Perhaps you should have thought twice before account sharing with that Sejuani back in February..
> [{quoted}](name=exxpose,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Tv7nxGf3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-08T20:49:40.475+0000) > > Perhaps you should have thought twice before account sharing with that Sejuani back in February.. LOL ! Nice catch :)
: >Please stop lying. Be a man and tell the truth. I get that his account activity looks suspicious, but that doesn't make it ok to start calling others liars. If this were you, you'd be pretty damn frustrated.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=N4Gs9TX0,comment-id=0004000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-08T17:36:36.967+0000) > > Be a man and tell the truth. > > I get that his account activity looks suspicious, but that doesn't make it ok to start calling others liars. If this were you, you'd be pretty damn frustrated. Periscope, I apologize if you feel I'm being rude, but please hear me out here. Riot does not make unfair bans for boosting, without reversing them, and that situation is very rare (it can happen). This isn't the IFS we're talking about here, that bans people for playing Odyssey. if Riot manually banned his account then it was banned for very good reason. The ONLY unfair bans that have been shown to be reversed are when people wind up moving far away from their previous location. But all those those are constantly reversed, and there is proof that the posters are not trying to get away with something. There are WAY too many red flags here for that to have been in error. If I'm wrong, then it means the OP has multiple smurf accounts and played other roles (Grinding) on them to excel, and then came back to smash people on the other account. In that case, he would post his full match histories on ALL of his accounts as proof he is not lying, as well as sent them in a support ticket to Riot.
: firstly started playing lucian because of the skin i got him no joke for jhin tho i was a main since he came out and for draven i saw how broken he was so i started playing some practice and from low level accs to test him out when i saw i was good at him i went into my main and grinded games if this really sounds suspcious to you idk just trying new things thats all.
> [{quoted}](name=SpaceRazzerKappa,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=N4Gs9TX0,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-11-08T15:03:43.975+0000) > > firstly started playing lucian because of the skin i got him no joke for jhin tho i was a main since he came out and for draven i saw how broken he was so i started playing some practice and from low level accs to test him out when i saw i was good at him i went into my main and grinded games if this really sounds suspcious to you idk just trying new things thats all. Please stop lying. Be a man and tell the truth. This is a skill that parents in the 20th century used to teach their children. But it seems that they no longer do this. ADMIT that you boosted. Man up and tell the truth. Then grow and learn from your mistake. Do you realize that none of us you are lying to will EVER meet you in person or have the luxury or embarrassing you and stopping you from finding a girlfriend or a boyfriend or getting a new job, because you lied about boosting? Think about what you are doing here. Think about it. Maybe you have no morals nor do you care about others around you, but some of us do care. But I'm not here to be your therapist. i'm here to make this community better, and it starts with YOU. With you not lying and trying to cover up your mistakes. What's the problem with doing the right thing for once in your life, man?
: Griefing/Soft Inting
> [{quoted}](name=PonsterMenis,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Tj8ENMIT,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-08T04:26:31.392+0000) > > Likely to get down voted to hell, but this is a trash account anyway. > (https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/get-started/summoners-code/) > > For those of your who aren't aware, League of Legends is a competitive game. I've played for nearly 8 years and there has been a progressive decline in the competitive nature of this game. Sadly it's also corresponded to an apathetic community that no longer calls out griefing behavior. What's worse is it seems to be the social norm for the opposing team of the griefer to troll any of their frustrated team members (bc f#ck everyone else). > > Inb4 people argue this topic is subjective. Clearly when we are discussing complex strategies our opinions of most effective tactics will likely diverge. Clearly people are going to have bad games. Clearly new players are going to do stupid stuff. This is not a flame post. I am not suggesting any of these things. > > When a Plat 5 top laner has a vision score of 3 at 15 minutes, he's too drunk/high to play and is clearly f#cking griefing. Sounds like you need to take a break. You seem angry.
: How far away am I from Honor Rank 2?
You will get there within a few days. If you were playing 10 hours a day, you would probably be there tomorrow or the next day.
: [Suggestion] Disable All Chat By Default
> [{quoted}](name=Firesheath,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1sQhMZo1,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-06T18:10:28.622+0000) > > I have recently been given disciplinary action due to all chat in my game. While discussing further with very helpful support staff to try and understand what exactly it was that I said to trigger the chat suspension and revocation of end-of-season rewards, I was given the following advice: > > > Only use the chat to be kind to others when using it to talk to others. This doesn't mean you have to lace every comment with a kindness, but you should never be "shit talking" or rude to others, even if it is a competitive sport. > > In 5 years of playing this game, I have never experienced the all chat in this game to subscribe to that advice and it has made me wonder, why is all chat a feature in this game? I believe that is should either be removed from the game or set to be disabled by default. > > I hope that someone in the Player Behavior will read this and bring my suggestion up in the Riot HQ. > > Good luck in your climb, all. > > Cheers, > > Firesheath Better solution is something people have ASKED For for years now but Riot doesn't care, in their self-delusional ego tripping. Removing the entire chat parser, except for /whispers and /msg and /r (/reply) and for premade party groups only, and replace it with an intelligent, smart ping system where any single ping can be done every 10 seconds, with an elaborate code wheel for everything needed like "reset", "back", "group up", "push top/mid/bottom", "control dragon", "Control baron","good work", "nice job guys", etc. Then open up the unlocked full chatting parser for LEVEL FIVE honor users only. The problem with this idea is, it makes sense. But it's inconvenient. And people don't like to be inconvenienced. Human Ego is almighty.
Negatif (NA)
: The worst part is the peopel who run the company and these boards, a bunch of offended liberals. They got their participation trophies and Obama taught them that if they want anything in life they could either call someone homophobic & racist, act super offended, or beg for handouts. Look at what it has done.
> [{quoted}](name=Negatif,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AAwq7XZZ,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-11-06T14:11:06.191+0000) > > The worst part is the peopel who run the company and these boards, a bunch of offended liberals. They got their participation trophies and Obama taught them that if they want anything in life they could either call someone homophobic & racist, act super offended, or beg for handouts. Look at what it has done. Upvoted because you made me laugh. On a related note I got another angry plat player perma' for saying KYS in my game.
ßreak (NA)
: riot supp wont let me log in to post a ticket so ill say it here
Asking for reports, flaming your team, extremely abusive and toxic. Ban is 100% deserved. You may need to work on anger management and using /fullmute all if you can't control your temper, before you roll up your next account, but I'm assuming you have other accounts (as most people do).
KooHooP (NA)
: how many matches per honor checkpoint generally?
> [{quoted}](name=KooHooP,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uEQqTLrv,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-04T22:07:13.641+0000) > > It took me approx. 100 matches to go from honor 1 checkpoint 2 to honor 1 checkpoint 3 > I've played about 90 games since then and I have yet to even get a key fragment. Which is making me worry that I'm not close to honor 2. > > What have you guys usually seen? I got flamed and downvoted by immature people here for speaking this, but you need to get about three key fragment popups before you advance a checkpoint in honor level 1. The third popup should be a checkpoint advance.
: lol I cannot play 8 hours everyday. Thanks for the feed back though
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Yordeth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l5NEnlLZ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-11-04T23:03:33.693+0000) > > lol I cannot play 8 hours everyday. Thanks for the feed back though Who downvoted me for telling the truth? Holy cow. Anyway just try to go on a win streak and do good as much as you can and hope for honors each game.
Xidphel (NA)
: >You need to find it yourself. No we don't. You do.
> [{quoted}](name=Xidphel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jsTNdpwr,comment-id=00010000000000000002,timestamp=2018-11-04T20:51:55.192+0000) > > No we don't. You do. Well I'm not going to look for you. You need to deal with it. Have a nice day.
Kei143 (NA)
: It's true that just saying 'report x for y' alone is not a punishable offense. But people are punished when they use that phrase for the purpose of harassment. Which means if you say "report ahri for no skin" or "report soraka for not dying", you'll be fine. In OP's context, the person asking for reports was certainly using it in a way of wanting to get someone banned. Which is of course harassment.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=aNXaFQwg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-04T19:11:59.851+0000) > > It's true that just saying 'report x for y' alone is not a punishable offense. > > But people are punished when they use that phrase for the purpose of harassment. > > > Which means if you say "report ahri for no skin" or "report soraka for not dying", you'll be fine. > > In OP's context, the person asking for reports was certainly using it in a way of wanting to get someone banned. Which is of course harassment. This is wrong. Remember what each and every one of you people have been spamming for the last year here? THE IFS DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CONTEXT !! Now what WILL happen is that you can submit a report ticket and Riot will unban your account if there is no history of toxicity or no toxicity in the logs on the IFS reform card, in that case.
rujitra (NA)
: So we have proof that you're wrong in the form of **many consistent Rioter posts, even from different individuals**, but you have no proof of what you say?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jsTNdpwr,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-04T18:40:25.303+0000) > > So we have proof that you're wrong in the form of **many consistent Rioter posts, even from different individuals**, but you have no proof of what you say? What I verified is that there are 6 checkpoints. At each checkpoint, you get key fragments. (not at honor level 0). Honor 3-5 work differently. Riot is secretive and tries to hide stuff and just throws bones to calm people down. Haven't you figured out how companies work? Look up Electronic Arts. Look what EA Did to Westwood, Maxis. Origin Systems (YES, ORIGIN), the game "NOX" (which was supposed to be a skill based multiplayer RPG originally). Look what they did to bastardize Battlefield 2 (no ship combat? jets were a joke compared to BF1942 prop planes?) etc...
rujitra (NA)
: No, they didn't. If they did, prove it.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jsTNdpwr,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-04T18:28:34.345+0000) > > No, they didn't. > > If they did, prove it. I don't have the link to the Riot support ticket. You need to find it yourself. And I also do not have access to the game code. What I can tell you is there are more than 3 checkpoints. Do not believe Riot. There's actually like 6 checkpoints.
Kei143 (NA)
: If you get validly reported (not just any report), your honors progress will be placed to a screeching halt. Maybe you aren't acting as neutral as you think. I suggest you avoid the things that are considered mildly toxic such as calling / threatening for reports, use of sarcasm, and having a defeatist attitude and giving up early.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jsTNdpwr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-04T17:43:47.114+0000) > > If you get validly reported (not just any report), your honors progress will be placed to a screeching halt. > > Maybe you aren't acting as neutral as you think. > > > I suggest you avoid the things that are considered mildly toxic such as calling / threatening for reports, use of sarcasm, and having a defeatist attitude and giving up early. This is wrong. A riot employee admitted that ANY report stalls honor progress, even if it's invalid. It was posted a few days ago in player behavior here. It's unclear whether it just applies to that game or somehow slows the rate you gain honor afterwards. In Overwatch, ANY report on your account can stop or actually decrease your endorsement level, even if it's invalid (rage report). That includes intentional feeding reports for getting camped hard or having bad games, even if the IFS (and manual Riot review) will pardon you) The ONLY way to gain honor quickly is to be overly nice while keeping chat to a MINIMUM., saying nothing at all except gl hf, gg wp, gj, good job, thank you, nice work, reset, group up, group, and NOT doing badly (getting VERY good scores every game), and by going on win streaks This increases the chance that you get honor, and the chance that everyone honors each other (bonus honor points). This is the only way. You have to game the system. It's a computer system, made by man. If man makes it, man can break it. Remember Starforce? Remember Denuvo? Remember "Parallel Port dongles?" (Yes I'm that old).
: Chat restrictions and end of season rewards
Chat restrictions drop the honor level to 1, not 0. At least the 10 game chat restriction does. The 25 game one probably drops it to 0. The entire problem is that the 10 game restriction drops you to *1* regardless of your previous honor level. Since the 10 game restriction is a warning, it should drop you NO LOWER than Honor 1 checkpoint 3, or honor 2. I saw posts by riot saying that it was originally supposed to drop you a few honor levels (like from 4 to 2 or 5 to 2) way back, but instead it now puts you all the way down to level 1, and locks it. It's pathetic. Leave that to the 25 game chat restrictions.
: Honor lev 2
Hi, it is possible to reach it but only under certain conditions: 1) you have to play about 8 hours a day until the 12th if you are only maintaining a 50% win rate and having clown fiestas and lots of bad games. 2) you have to get honored in a majority of your games. 3) you have to avoid ANY rage reports on your account, even if the reports are fake. A Riot support person in a ticket (was posted either yesterday or two days before) *confirmed* that ANY reports on your account will delay progress. He failed to elaborate on what this "delay" is but I assume it simply stops honor progression for that game, but that's a guess. He did confirm that even fake reports can stall your progress, even if the IFS will discard them as an increase in toxicity level. (I mentioned that a very similar system was admitted by a Blizzard GM to be used in Overwatch, except in OW, you can actually DROP endorsement level from rage reports even if you do nothing wrong). 4) giving honors to teammates speeds up your honor progress slightly. 5) receiving honors speeds up your honor progress slightly. 6) all players honoring someone speeds up your progress a bit more. If you can hard carry multiple times and get multiple /most honors on your team, this will greatly increase your chances before november 12th without having to play 8 hours a day. If you lose a lot or get rage reported for getting ganked often and getting bad scores or 1 shotted (intentional feeding, which the IFS will discard as a fake report anyway), this will severely slow your progress. 7) never ever say anything to your teammates. Never trust them and never argue with them. Start ALL games with /fullmute all at level 1, then say ONLY "gj", "good job", "nice work", "thank you", gl hf, and gg wp, reset, group please, May I blue?, May I red? and nothing else. Being nice decreases the chances of rage reports against you. Good luck.
YUUKI VK (NA)
: late night games are honestly so stupid
Do you think YOU'RE the only person with problems, mister? This leesin (probably some Chinese foreigner) just flatout tower dove FED a Ryze mid DOUBLE BUFFS at LEVEL THREE when i was WINNING my lane, then ryze just snowballs to 5/1 instantly, then he (Ryze) talked shit to me in post game. I reported both Leesin and Ryze for verbal harassment. It's like some people either want to get banned or lose their rewards or something. I'm on a reporting spree right now. Before that it was a bad attitude giving up Ezreal and a rage quitting at level 5 xin zhao who talked shit and took my blue and instantly fed it to the enemy bot when i was already behind.
: The honor system is a mess, but the old system would have been the same in your case. If you received a punishment past a certain date (I believe around 2-3 months before season end), then you would get no rewards. I'm not sure if it was the same for chat restrictions though, but I remember having a friend who didn't get rewards because of a punishment they got end of season. The issue with the current rewards system is they are using it to extend punishments by tying it to ranked rewards. Getting to honor level 2 can take hundreds of games. The system is not transparent either. There's no indication if you're making progress and that's problematic when they choose to make the checkpoints excruciatingly long. Many people are surprised to find out how long it takes and we don't know what exactly halts and aids progress, we just have a general idea, which was fine when rewards were just rewards. Now it is part of the punishment system, and that requires clarity. What the new system does is encourage grinding after you've served out your punishment. If that's the route they're choosing to go, then fine, but at least make it more transparent. I don't know if honor should never be tied to ranked rewards, but the current honor system shouldn't be.
> [{quoted}](name=Baby Ghoul,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rpTkgXGV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-04T04:54:44.459+0000) > > The honor system is a mess, but the old system would have been the same in your case. If you received a punishment past a certain date (I believe around 2-3 months before season end), then you would get no rewards. I'm not sure if it was the same for chat restrictions though, but I remember having a friend who didn't get rewards because of a punishment they got end of season. > > The issue with the current rewards system is they are using it to extend punishments by tying it to ranked rewards. Getting to honor level 2 can take hundreds of games. The system is not transparent either. There's no indication if you're making progress and that's problematic when they choose to make the checkpoints excruciatingly long. Many people are surprised to find out how long it takes and we don't know what exactly halts and aids progress, we just have a general idea, which was fine when rewards were just rewards. Now it is part of the punishment system, and that requires clarity. > > What the new system does is encourage grinding after you've served out your punishment. If that's the route they're choosing to go, then fine, but at least make it more transparent. I don't know if honor should never be tied to ranked rewards, but the current honor system shouldn't be. No this is not true. If you were BANNED 2 months before season end you would not receive rewards. Anyone with an ACTIVE chat restriction would not receive rewards. That was the old system. This new system basically treats a first time chat restriction the same as a ban. How is that fair? It basically forces you to /mute all and never say anything except glhf, gg wp and gj and thank you while your entire team is muted.
Show more

BeatleZzz

Level 166 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion