: I don't get the question...
> [{quoted}](name=HungryAngry2SPP,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hABEWepm,comment-id=000e0001000000000000000000010001,timestamp=2019-08-05T21:19:02.724+0000) > > I don't get the question... I was replying to a dude that said that people relate to the champions they play. How about Karthus? Do they relate to a dude who literally wants people to join him in death?
Ackelope (NA)
: another thing to keep in mind that no one has mentioned so far; banrate. when other champions reach giant popularity peaks, if they're really overpowered, they often garner a monumental banrate to go along with it, while ezreal's banrate almost always stays around the 10-15% range, if not lower. People just don't mind playing against him when compared to other champions, even ones that are less popular than him.
> [{quoted}](name=Ackelope,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hABEWepm,comment-id=000500000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-05T10:48:46.980+0000) > > another thing to keep in mind that no one has mentioned so far; banrate. when other champions reach giant popularity peaks, if they're really overpowered, they often garner a monumental banrate to go along with it, while ezreal's banrate almost always stays around the 10-15% range, if not lower. People just don't mind playing against him when compared to other champions, even ones that are less popular than him. Akali sends her regards
: Because people have different likes. A lot of people like playing a cooler version of themselves. If you're a white guy aged 15-25, Ezreal could easily be a cooler version of yourself. Others place high priority on design or general coolness. Others are just thirsty as fuck. Ezreal and, to an extent, Kai'sa both have that "Ok but what if I *wasn't* lame and I was actually cool and did interesting things" aspect to them.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hABEWepm,comment-id=000e0001000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-05T13:10:42.468+0000) > > Because people have different likes. A lot of people like playing a cooler version of themselves. If you're a white guy aged 15-25, Ezreal could easily be a cooler version of yourself. Others place high priority on design or general coolness. Others are just thirsty as fuck. > > Ezreal and, to an extent, Kai'sa both have that "Ok but what if I *wasn't* lame and I was actually cool and did interesting things" aspect to them. That is true, to an extent.
: If it is really true then... YIKES, the community is shittier than I thought. BTW, nothing personal
> [{quoted}](name=HungryAngry2SPP,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hABEWepm,comment-id=000e00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-05T00:02:21.060+0000) > > If it is really true then... > > YIKES, the community is shittier than I thought. > > BTW, nothing personal if that is true than what about the people who play morde, eve, or karthus?
: well, not really. Her gameplay is decent, though the traps are annoying for opponents she has two execute-capable abilities in her kit, both absurdly ranged she has the highest base defenses (or close to it) of marksmen headshot makes her damage a bit harder to predict she has a net launcher! XD and she's one of only two champions that have the sniper theme
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hABEWepm,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-08-05T01:49:51.032+0000) > > well, not really. Her gameplay is decent, though the traps are annoying for opponents > > she has two execute-capable abilities in her kit, both absurdly ranged > she has the highest base defenses (or close to it) of marksmen > headshot makes her damage a bit harder to predict > > she has a net launcher! XD > > and she's one of only two champions that have the sniper theme With BT,IE, ER you can basically one shot squishies with trap+headshot. _That's_ the fun in Cait.
: well Ez is super safe and does alot of mixed damage, and kaisa is just busted af, i mean when your passive does 15% of your targets max hp there is an issue, also both can build defensively and still do alot of damage, and i love when kaisa players say she aint busted, she been top 3 adc since she dropped, and Ez is just the love of everyones life so yea, i miss diversity in bot lane
> [{quoted}](name=TheBrothersGrymm,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hABEWepm,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-08-05T04:56:03.006+0000) > > well Ez is super safe and does alot of mixed damage, and kaisa is just busted af, i mean when your passive does 15% of your targets max hp there is an issue, also both can build defensively and still do alot of damage, and i love when kaisa players say she aint busted, she been top 3 adc since she dropped, and Ez is just the love of everyones life so yea, i miss diversity in bot lane it's missing HP.
: Can confirm with {{item:3146}} being stupid on Ezreal during the late game. Tbf though, he has mixed scalings and most of his damage is single-target, so it makes sense to buy the item on him. At least with Ezreal though, he's ridiculously hard to solo carry with unless you're a god with skillshots. Kai'sa though, is a whole other kind of broken.
> [{quoted}](name=RainXBlade,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hABEWepm,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-08-04T19:45:32.365+0000) > > Can confirm with {{item:3146}} being stupid on Ezreal during the late game. Tbf though, he has mixed scalings and most of his damage is single-target, so it makes sense to buy the item on him. At least with Ezreal though, he's ridiculously hard to solo carry with unless you're a god with skillshots. > > Kai'sa though, is a whole other kind of broken. I can vouch for that as a Kai'Sa main. With lifesteal I can basically 1v5 late game(although whether I live to tell the tale is a matter of luck)
Dynikus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T20:22:06.476+0000) > > its not fucking counterplay. there is no counterplay to vaynes w. not to mention kaisa also deals single target damage. > > youre infront of vayne. shes auto attacking you. how do you counterplay her w in that situation? go. Oneshot her because she's extremely squishy with low attack range for a ranged champion. If she positions and kites well, that's her showing some of that mechanical counterplay you're going on about. Vayne's not even a problem right now, draven, sivir, ashe, jinx, there are so many better adcs you could complain about. But being you're presumably a garen main by the name and play a champion that's very specifically counterred by vayne, you think she's broken.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-23T20:35:07.246+0000) > > Oneshot her because she's extremely squishy with low attack range for a ranged champion. > If she positions and kites well, that's her showing some of that mechanical counterplay you're going on about. > > Vayne's not even a problem right now, draven, sivir, ashe, jinx, there are so many better adcs you could complain about. But being you're presumably a garen main by the name and play a champion that's very specifically counterred by vayne, you think she's broken. No one mentions Caitlyn when she deletes you from 1300 range.
: I reached out to Graham to ask about the scale-shields, and, paraphrasing, he said he had been thinking of something kite-shield-like, and with actual scales on it - likely from a sandswimmer (but possibly claimed to be from dragons). Lightweight and tough. So pretty much as you suspected! :)
> [{quoted}](name=Bioluminescence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=A5RGYV5A,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-08T17:35:23.112+0000) > > I reached out to Graham to ask about the scale-shields, and, paraphrasing, he said he had been thinking of something kite-shield-like, and with actual scales on it - likely from a sandswimmer (but possibly claimed to be from dragons). Lightweight and tough. > > So pretty much as you suspected! :) On universe Ixtal is listed as being a vassal state of Shurima back when it was an empire. Maybe they took the scalse from the drakes.
: Jax goes commando.
> [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ywEb2oXq,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-07-08T17:52:45.667+0000) > > Jax goes commando. I do not get this expression.
  Rioter Comments
: League of Legends 2019 Comic Contest
Why can't we enter photo entries?
Reav3 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Gapybo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2UYbbJzH,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-06-07T17:25:07.473+0000) > > Cool, so she is still a human like Lux? Is this a common trait among her people or is she unique? > Honestly I'm really sorry for the unfortunate splash leak and people jumping on the generic female hate train since you can't tell this from the art. Yeah she is human. It's not unique to her people, she is just a really short human
> [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2UYbbJzH,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-07T17:35:25.083+0000) > > Yeah she is human. It's not unique to her people, she is just a really short human Hard to give of the air of "empress" when you can't see over anyone's shoulder XD
Voluug13 (NA)
: Karthus wont kill Zed early. Not only he has a free izi escape but also Zed takes things like magic shield rune and hexdrinker.
> [{quoted}](name=Voluug13,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mWZr7Hnr,comment-id=000900000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-05-26T23:39:59.107+0000) > > Karthus wont kill Zed early. Not only he has a free izi escape but also Zed takes things like magic shield rune and hexdrinker. his r is global. Btw Karthus can build a lot of penetration. It's just bad karthus' that are giving us a bad rep.
: Nah, karthus problem isnt assasins. its champions that can kill him with no counterplay. Assasins like zed sure, thats unfun, champions like katarina also why not that things disgusting. But talon? Kassadin? nah karthus eats those pretty easily. Karthus problem isnt mobile champions, as udyr is a MASSIVE threat for Karthus and that dude doesnt do anything but casually walk. Its targets that are tanky enough to ignore him, and also have the ability to kill him via their damage. Anything without mobility can build rightous glory and run Karthus down if they can A kill him, B live afterward. Assasins actaully struggle vs karthus till they hit 6, and then they require a certain amount of gold to all in him and kill him and get away successfully. Karthus E and R and runes do like 70% of most damage champs health with ignite/barrier/exhaust pushing it closer to 80/90%, its the champions that are tankier than normal that give him problems. (dont get me wrong fed assasins/certain assasins like fizz do give him trouble, its about front loading damage high enough to kill him, get to him, and get away). Karthus Q is only hard to hit, if the enemy knows you NEED to hit several to kill them. If you casually walk away from talon with EW up, and dont let him hit his second w, he is no threat pre 6, and post 6 he dies anyway. Max E walk away, free farm with q recovering more mana than you spend. If a champion dodges your q they take 1 more tick of your E, if they dodge 2 or 3 qs the fight has been drawn out so long they are low anyway. its the champs like {{champion:55}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:142}} That give karthus problems
> [{quoted}](name=Eonslegacy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mWZr7Hnr,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-27T03:40:11.413+0000) > > Nah, karthus problem isnt assasins. its champions that can kill him with no counterplay. Assasins like zed sure, thats unfun, champions like katarina also why not that things disgusting. But talon? Kassadin? nah karthus eats those pretty easily. Karthus problem isnt mobile champions, as udyr is a MASSIVE threat for Karthus and that dude doesnt do anything but casually walk. Its targets that are tanky enough to ignore him, and also have the ability to kill him via their damage. Anything without mobility can build rightous glory and run Karthus down if they can A kill him, B live afterward. Assasins actaully struggle vs karthus till they hit 6, and then they require a certain amount of gold to all in him and kill him and get away successfully. Karthus E and R and runes do like 70% of most damage champs health with ignite/barrier/exhaust pushing it closer to 80/90%, its the champions that are tankier than normal that give him problems. > (dont get me wrong fed assasins/certain assasins like fizz do give him trouble, its about front loading damage high enough to kill him, get to him, and get away). > Karthus Q is only hard to hit, if the enemy knows you NEED to hit several to kill them. If you casually walk away from talon with EW up, and dont let him hit his second w, he is no threat pre 6, and post 6 he dies anyway. Max E walk away, free farm with q recovering more mana than you spend. > If a champion dodges your q they take 1 more tick of your E, if they dodge 2 or 3 qs the fight has been drawn out so long they are low anyway. > its the champs like {{champion:55}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:142}} That give karthus problems Q isn't that hard to hit lol. And you've just listed basically all the mid laners and half the top laners. The only ones I have any trouble with is a godlike Irelia or Leblanc(m7 Karthus main)
: no karthus is fine vs zed if he wants to be. Zed is already really bad at everything other than killing someone, so why not slightly hinder yourself by maxing E, and building zhonyas, you will have infinite mana, safe waveclear and poke, and 0 threat of being allinned by zed. Zed isnt a threat in teamfights unless ahead, he is the cleanup crew. Karthus should have no trouble with him if he differs his build and plays correctly. Karthus shouldnt try to kill zed, zed is a safe champion, playing like you can kill zed is pointless. Zed cant kill anyone with a brain on anything close to meta
> [{quoted}](name=Eonslegacy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mWZr7Hnr,comment-id=0009000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-27T04:27:36.586+0000) > > no karthus is fine vs zed if he wants to be. Zed is already really bad at everything other than killing someone, so why not slightly hinder yourself by maxing E, and building zhonyas, you will have infinite mana, safe waveclear and poke, and 0 threat of being allinned by zed. > Zed isnt a threat in teamfights unless ahead, he is the cleanup crew. Karthus should have no trouble with him if he differs his build and plays correctly. Karthus shouldnt try to kill zed, zed is a safe champion, playing like you can kill zed is pointless. Zed cant kill anyone with a brain on anything close to meta bad karthus players get shit on by assassins. but only bad karthus players.
: JG karthus begs to differ.
> [{quoted}](name=Eonslegacy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mWZr7Hnr,comment-id=000800000001,timestamp=2019-05-27T03:29:30.576+0000) > > JG karthus begs to differ. but he has been mid lane since release tho.
Voluug13 (NA)
: Zed can get his ult before you can buy Zhonia's (and before that the Commencing Stopwatch is ready for that matter). > steraks or stoneplate Zed is mostly in midlane what makes you think any mage will buy steraks. > I sort of feel like ADCs need to be that vulnerable I dont care about ADCs in any case because they have a peel slave anyways, this is mostly about his midlaning performance against anyone that isnt an specialized counterpick, and the fact he is hard to punish, safe energy assassin with long range poke and a point and click initiation. > Plus, they recently nerfed him anyway. It kinda doesnt matter, because its his design. People still ban him a ton even after nerfs, and its because he is boring and annoying to lane against, while having enough mechanics and tools to ignore or defeat even his most dedicated counterpicks.
> [{quoted}](name=Voluug13,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mWZr7Hnr,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-26T03:39:10.198+0000) > > Zed can get his ult before you can buy Zhonia's (and before that the Commencing Stopwatch is ready for that matter). > > Zed is mostly in midlane what makes you think any mage will buy steraks. > > I dont care about ADCs in any case because they have a peel slave anyways, this is mostly about his midlaning performance against anyone that isnt an specialized counterpick, and the fact he is hard to punish, safe energy assassin with long range poke and a point and click initiation. > > It kinda doesnt matter, because its his design. People still ban him a ton even after nerfs, and its because he is boring and annoying to lane against, while having enough mechanics and tools to ignore or defeat even his most dedicated counterpicks. Karthus' death defied lets you kind of ignore zed killing you in about 2 seconds. He's going with you.
Voluug13 (NA)
: > He still has his Q and Voidlings for waveclear. And, unless he wants to bully his opponent, Malz can constantly spam his abilities to shove. And this subject has been discussed for years, mages with very powerful waveclear are given bad AAs to force them into wasting their Mana on Spells to CS safely. Doesn't change the fact that they have great waveclear tho. His Q has a big mana cost and his voidlings need both spells to spawn more that one and they are extremely easy to kill. Sure he can spam spells until he runs out of mana but so can everyone, and his E returns arent that big because they went from flat to nerfed bases and mana scaling on it and he doesnt really build mana. > Malz is boring to play against. His Shield makes him hard to engage, he can waveclear to ignore bad match-ups or constantly float around the minions to point-and-click E his opponent. He is supposed to be ~uninteractive~ but only against melee assassins and thats by design. He is their counterpick, and its still not as bad as a normal mage going against an assassin, because then its ''hug tower or get grey screened''. Assassins cant engage him, sure, but Malz has no solo kill potential on his own without you diving him so you can either roam or simply fake a roam and let him push to his dead. His E doesnt deal much damage and its mainly a tool for his minions, and just using it on you leads to him going oom in minutes. His rework nerfed his Q and E into ''tools to enable voidlings'' and then nerfed voidlings. > Once he is 6, the opponents have to avoid his Flash+Ult range in order to be safe. I hope this is a joke because Malz isnt Annie, and never has been. He couldnt kill someone with flash+ult before the rework and he cant now that they neutered its flat damage on it. His kill potential is dependant on landing all his spells before his ult, which makes his kill potential with flash only a thing if someone is trying to escape after diving on you after you landed all your spells on them or if they have like 15% hp left. > If he is aided by his jungler, Anyone can win lane if their jungler aids them and the other jungler is nowhere in sight. Using it is a bad argument. > It has nothing to do with counterpicking, that is simply how he works. Range midlaners shit all over him because he has no way to initiate on them and they can quite literally poke him out of lane while farming in peace away from all his spell ranges. He is just a better duelist (but worse teamfighter and with no lane kill potential unless you dive him to close range) version of Annie.
> [{quoted}](name=Voluug13,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mWZr7Hnr,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-26T04:10:02.254+0000) > > His Q has a big mana cost and his voidlings need both spells to spawn more that one and they are extremely easy to kill. Sure he can spam spells until he runs out of mana but so can everyone, and his E returns arent that big because they went from flat to nerfed bases and mana scaling on it and he doesnt really build mana. > > He is supposed to be ~uninteractive~ but only against melee assassins and thats by design. He is their counterpick, and its still not as bad as a normal mage going against an assassin, because then its ''hug tower or get grey screened''. Assassins cant engage him, sure, but Malz has no solo kill potential on his own without you diving him so you can either roam or simply fake a roam and let him push to his dead. His E doesnt deal much damage and its mainly a tool for his minions, and just using it on you leads to him going oom in minutes. His rework nerfed his Q and E into ''tools to enable voidlings'' and then nerfed voidlings. > > I hope this is a joke because Malz isnt Annie, and never has been. He couldnt kill someone with flash+ult before the rework and he cant now that they neutered its flat damage on it. His kill potential is dependant on landing all his spells before his ult, which makes his kill potential with flash only a thing if someone is trying to escape after diving on you after you landed all your spells on them or if they have like 15% hp left. > > Anyone can win lane if their jungler aids them and the other jungler is nowhere in sight. Using it is a bad argument. > > Range midlaners shit all over him because he has no way to initiate on them and they can quite literally poke him out of lane while farming in peace away from all his spell ranges. He is just a better duelist (but worse teamfighter and with no lane kill potential unless you dive him to close range) version of Annie. Malz is less annoying than annie. Annie needs to be reworked or nerfed.
Anaphiel (NA)
: I agree entirely. It may be frustrating to have fiddle dare to press the Q button in your vicinity, but he can do that to one man alone. If you dont wish to get killed by that, don't ram the entire enemy team with your yas/irel/pyke/satans left testicle. Remove the point and click murder buttons, and the game becomes a duckshooting expedition. 10,000 xerath's feebly attempting to land someting on Leagues legion of hypermobile irritants as they sail through the air murdering people. You can and should keep the numbers low, but they NEED to exist. Mobility has always been difficult to increase without increasing frustration for immobile champions. Point and click CC is the last vestige of defense allowing mages to even dare go mid. It is the last thing preventing the hopelessly fed irel/akali from killing their team just because they were lucky enough to fight an autofilled toplaner and think themselves skilled. It is the last reason that a shutdown is even possible on a decent subset of the trash-heap of champions that is modern league.
> [{quoted}](name=Anaphiel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mWZr7Hnr,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-05-26T01:22:49.032+0000) > > I agree entirely. It may be frustrating to have fiddle dare to press the Q button in your vicinity, but he can do that to one man alone. If you dont wish to get killed by that, don't ram the entire enemy team with your yas/irel/pyke/satans left testicle. > > Remove the point and click murder buttons, and the game becomes a duckshooting expedition. 10,000 xerath's feebly attempting to land someting on Leagues legion of hypermobile irritants as they sail through the air murdering people. You can and should keep the numbers low, but they NEED to exist. > > Mobility has always been difficult to increase without increasing frustration for immobile champions. Point and click CC is the last vestige of defense allowing mages to even dare go mid. It is the last thing preventing the hopelessly fed irel/akali from killing their team just because they were lucky enough to fight an autofilled toplaner and think themselves skilled. It is the last reason that a shutdown is even possible on a decent subset of the trash-heap of champions that is modern league. Karthus has no hard CC to speak of at all. He's been going mid lane since 2009.
: Ok where to begin. "Can an ADC dish out extreme damage when behind" no. Play an ADC and let the mid laner farm you for 10 minutes straight, then try to get back into the game. You're paper thin and going for so much as a caster minion will get your health bar disemboweled on the spot. If you've ever played Vayne, Jinx, Miss Fortune, Jhin, or Kai'sa you would understand that. "Caitlyn is good early game" Have you played the champ...like....at all? As someone who plays Caitlyn to the point where she's my #2 most played champ (gotta love Jinx tho), her early game hinges on her range. That's it. Her damage is pathetic, and so is her AS. Yes you can get the cheeky headshot in to help, but more often than not if they have an aggressive support, good luck. Especially if yours is a potato. Caitlyn doesn't do anything aside from fire a peashooter for the first few minutes of the game. If you close the gap on her to negate her range Advantage literally every ADC has the edge on her.
> [{quoted}](name=pickcollins,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HE5QZwEr,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-09T03:14:23.933+0000) > > Ok where to begin. > > "Can an ADC dish out extreme damage when behind" no. Play an ADC and let the mid laner farm you for 10 minutes straight, then try to get back into the game. You're paper thin and going for so much as a caster minion will get your health bar disemboweled on the spot. If you've ever played Vayne, Jinx, Miss Fortune, Jhin, or Kai'sa you would understand that. > > "Caitlyn is good early game" Have you played the champ...like....at all? As someone who plays Caitlyn to the point where she's my #2 most played champ (gotta love Jinx tho), her early game hinges on her range. That's it. Her damage is pathetic, and so is her AS. Yes you can get the cheeky headshot in to help, but more often than not if they have an aggressive support, good luck. Especially if yours is a potato. Caitlyn doesn't do anything aside from fire a peashooter for the first few minutes of the game. If you close the gap on her to negate her range Advantage literally every ADC has the edge on her. Her early game is good because of her range. She can bully people by poking their health bar when they last hit. The thing about lower elos is that they straight up don't care and just go for you. That is why in the chaos of soloq she seems bad. Play with your range intelligently. 650 aa range is loads more than the 575 most have. Skillcapped Challenger shows that she is viable higher up. Mobalytics ranks her B tier(which is fairly good btw)You are supposed to poke, which is different than say, Kai'Sa or Vayne's playstyle. I think the type of play you're looking for is the MSI highlight ones. Where the bot lane tower dives the other. Cait has to poke them down. To try and play her like Jinx(rockets everywhere, anybody?) is not a good idea. She isn't meant to be that way. Btw, the "let the enemy farm you and see how you do" scenario applies to everyone. If Karthus lets people farm him, he can't delete you with the R key.
: Sum up your last played champion with a single song.
Queen's we will we will rock you one. For Karthus
: > [{quoted}](name=RavenMagus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5vwvykI2,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-05T20:45:17.103+0000) > > So how would we, as squishy carries, ever be supposed to kill you then? > > Do you just want to be invincible forever while probably still 100-0 killing us with your own abilities? That's not very fair from our viewpoint, either. Seems like almost every other adc can still manage to kill tanks without having percent max health true damage like vayne does. You can get a bork and/or up to 59% armor pen with LDR and Black Cleaver. Granted, you would have to sacrifice crit if you want all 3, but it's a fair tradeoff for tank shredding capabilities.
> [{quoted}](name=Bob the Toastr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5vwvykI2,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2019-05-05T22:56:12.465+0000) > > Seems like almost every other adc can still manage to kill tanks without having percent max health true damage like vayne does. You can get a bork and/or up to 59% armor pen with LDR and Black Cleaver. Granted, you would have to sacrifice crit if you want all 3, but it's a fair tradeoff for tank shredding capabilities. The second someone builds Tabi, Caitlyn does 200 per hit with headshot crit(I'm serious, I've actually seen this).
yuuum chan (EUNE)
: > As a M7 Karthus main, I can tell you Karthus is better than you think in mid. It is true that he no longer shows up in mid lane champ select, because people purely play him jungle, and never show up(his gank is really just pressing R). What you described as Karthus was me like a year ago. That is a very bad Karthus. A good Karthus can circumvent all that. They can manage their mana and hit Qs. Lay Waste has the most damage potential, and his W is actually better than most take it to be. He's pure damage, and he's got a lot of that. For him, trading=poking. If the player knows the enemy rotation and positioning, they can win the duel. Karthus has the best level 1-3 in the entire game. > > Good players can make him really good. I think you've only seen the bad ones play. Sure, but the problem with this is that any champion can be good assuming that you've mastered them. Diana could probably be a good champion if you're a one-trick. Gp probably has really high potential once you've mastered him, and so on. I would argue that a person that has spent the exact same amount of time on a champion like Azir will, GENERALLY speaking, do better than somebody on Karthus, if that makes sense. Now, I will admit that I am really fucking bad at Karhtus, and since i rarely see him played, maybe I was a bit too harsh. In hind-sight, he's probably more somewhere along c tier, b-tier if you're ready to invest the time, I'll confess that much. But, I would still argue that you can do much better than Karthus with your time investment.
> [{quoted}](name=yuuum chan,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QAA2n7Bt,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2019-05-02T13:37:53.114+0000) > > Sure, but the problem with this is that any champion can be good assuming that you've mastered them. Diana could probably be a good champion if you're a one-trick. Gp probably has really high potential once you've mastered him, and so on. > > I would argue that a person that has spent the exact same amount of time on a champion like Azir will, GENERALLY speaking, do better than somebody on Karthus, if that makes sense. Now, I will admit that I am really fucking bad at Karhtus, and since i rarely see him played, maybe I was a bit too harsh. In hind-sight, he's probably more somewhere along c tier, b-tier if you're ready to invest the time, I'll confess that much. But, I would still argue that you can do much better than Karthus with your time investment. He's was freaking godlike in preseason. Mobalytics had him A or S in every single role except support. Now he's B-C if you're not good, A if you're good. He's not even that difficult. It takes less games of to master him than say, Ryze or Azir. I would say B tier
yuuum chan (EUNE)
: A platinum players opinion on every midlane champion P.2
I applaud you for effort, but I do not agree with you in the list. Irelia is bad against AP damage because her W no longer gives magic dmg reduction. Heimer is much more annoying in lane. If you're melee, you're screwed. But in his core, He's really just a swiss knife that does everything but doesn't do anything well. As a M7 Karthus main, I can tell you Karthus is better than you think in mid. It is true that he no longer shows up in mid lane champ select, because people purely play him jungle, and never show up(his gank is really just pressing R). What you described as Karthus was me like a year ago. That is a very bad Karthus. A good Karthus can circumvent all that. They can manage their mana and hit Qs. Lay Waste has the most damage potential, and his W is actually better than most take it to be. He's pure damage, and he's got a lot of that. For him, trading=poking. If the player knows the enemy rotation and positioning, they can win the duel. Karthus has the best level 1-3 in the entire game. Good players can make him really good. I think you've only seen the bad ones play.
: I'm going to channel another Rioter who knows about these sorts of things :D > Hello! > >The current web fonts we use on the Universe website are Beaufort for LoL (which is the official brand font for League of Legends) and a font called Spiegel for body copy and other contrasting type elements. > >I hope that helps :) -- _Riot MrParkinson_ (Visual Designer on the web team)
> [{quoted}](name=Bioluminescence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tcNWV9p7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-30T17:33:28.694+0000) > > I'm going to channel another Rioter who knows about these sorts of things :D > > -- _Riot MrParkinson_ (Visual Designer on the web team) thanks.
  Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=VanaQuish,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZEFL8ofI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-20T10:06:16.867+0000) > > Mages can invest in tabis and still remain a dmg threat? Yes they sure can. Sorc boots are indeed a strong damage option, but if you have cc and the advantage of enemy control on your side what can they do?
> [{quoted}](name=Craft Zeppelin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZEFL8ofI,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-04-20T10:08:24.128+0000) > > Yes they sure can. Sorc boots are indeed a strong damage option, but if you have cc and the advantage of enemy control on your side what can they do? Karthus can't afford to do this. He is pure magic damage. No CC to speak of save his W slow.
Mortdog (NA)
: ARAM Balance Update Thread
not playing aram again.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=VoraciousX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HE5QZwEr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-11T05:09:14.995+0000) > > I agree for the most part(mainly about supports), but one thing I majorly disagree with is that mid laners have good defense. I want old Banshee's back, and I want old Abyssal Scepter back. Also Abyssal Mask only works on like 3 mid lane champions. Abyssal was too strong, yet even in its current incarnation it's powerful. Zhonyas is also bar-none the best defensive item in the game and the gold standard for defensive items for damage classes. If any other class would take it, everyone would take Zhonyas. Mage items also allow for the greatest double-dip in terms of defense and offense, itemization that bruisers wish they could partake in, making almost every class of mage good in some capacity: Short range battle mages (Lissandra, Ryze), medium range mages (Swain, Neeko), close range dive mages (Galio, LeBlanc, Karthus) and even some stall champs like Anivia. Again, it's a myth perpetuated by boards that mages are in some crippled state when in actuality mages haven't truly been bad since about Season 3 or 4.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HE5QZwEr,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-11T05:26:18.628+0000) > > Abyssal was too strong, yet even in its current incarnation it's powerful. Zhonyas is also bar-none the best defensive item in the game and the gold standard for defensive items for damage classes. If any other class would take it, everyone would take Zhonyas. Mage items also allow for the greatest double-dip in terms of defense and offense, itemization that bruisers wish they could partake in, making almost every class of mage good in some capacity: Short range battle mages (Lissandra, Ryze), medium range mages (Swain, Neeko), close range dive mages (Galio, LeBlanc, Karthus) and even some stall champs like Anivia. > > Again, it's a myth perpetuated by boards that mages are in some crippled state when in actuality mages haven't truly been bad since about Season 3 or 4. Assassins can take the defensive items and ruin your day. Akali takes Zhonyas and with rank 5 shroud 45% cdr,she can have literally 22.5 seconds of invuln/invis. Zed/LB/Talon messes up and they walk away with like 50 hp. Zhonya to negate any finisher ult that comes after them. Kai'Sa can also take Zhonyas(or any defensive item with any type of offensive capability). It's annoying.
: > An ADC can absolutely do their job if they're behind. Can an ADCarry melt towers and dish out extreme DPS from a huge gold deficit if played well, protected, and untouched? Yes. This is how you know someone has never played ADC. Most ADCs already suffer from pathetic early games for any particular reason and if they don't get fed in their weakest point in time, they'll either be anywhere from mediocre to useless for the rest of the game.
> [{quoted}](name=pickcollins,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HE5QZwEr,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-11T11:50:19.644+0000) > > Can an ADCarry melt towers and dish out extreme DPS from a huge gold deficit if played well, protected, and untouched? > Yes. > > This is how you know someone has never played ADC. Most ADCs already suffer from pathetic early games for any particular reason and if they don't get fed in their weakest point in time, they'll either be anywhere from mediocre to useless for the rest of the game. Caitlyn is good early game. One of the best ADCs actually
: > [{quoted}](name=Done25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HE5QZwEr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-11T04:52:21.835+0000) > > The difference is that defensive creep slows down fights and allows for tactics over than suicidal 5v5 death ball crash dives in mid lane. > > Offensive creep means Ezreal WEQ gunblades over a wall at you to proc Muramana four times in 0.25 seconds and you die instantly. > > Same for Rengar's leap out of stealth, or Zed/Talon/Fizz ruining your day with instant burst. This is false. Defensive creep slows down fights, yes, but the end result is that tactics go out the window. There is no punishment, no "strategy", and no actual thought put into these fights. Tank metas are slow, brainless matches of attrition where the winner ends up being who can outstat who. This myth that "Tank meta fights are big brain!" needs to be dispelled because they are poison to strategy, not a buffer to it. Comparatively, while you can argue it, damage metas actually require MORE strategic play. Because the punishment threshold is so high, it means there is less room to make mistakes. Every move, cooldown and tool must be used sparringly. It's also why damage metas upset lower-tier players the most while conversely they love tank metas the most: Punishment is highest in a damage meta, meaning their blatant and frequent mistakes are punished. Punishment is lowest in tank metas, where a player can ~~dive 1v5 and get out with 1/2 HP~~ get little-to-no punishment for bad plays that are frequently made. Both can be a problem but we need to get rid of this myth that tank metas are high strategy. They're just problematic for different reasons: One can be too punishing while the other is not punishing enough.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HE5QZwEr,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-11T04:59:05.415+0000) > > This is false. > > Defensive creep slows down fights, yes, but the end result is that tactics go out the window. There is no punishment, no "strategy", and no actual thought put into these fights. Tank metas are slow, brainless matches of attrition where the winner ends up being who can outstat who. This myth that "Tank meta fights are big brain!" needs to be dispelled because they are poison to strategy, not a buffer to it. > > Comparatively, while you can argue it, damage metas actually require MORE strategic play. Because the punishment threshold is so high, it means there is less room to make mistakes. Every move, cooldown and tool must be used sparringly. It's also why damage metas upset lower-tier players the most while conversely they love tank metas the most: Punishment is highest in a damage meta, meaning their blatant and frequent mistakes are punished. Punishment is lowest in tank metas, where a player can ~~dive 1v5 and get out with 1/2 HP~~ get little-to-no punishment for bad plays that are frequently made. > > Both can be a problem but we need to get rid of this myth that tank metas are high strategy. They're just problematic for different reasons: One can be too punishing while the other is not punishing enough. Karthus wants to eat as many skillshots as he can to die and nuke the enemy team. He wants to die lol.
: 💬 C&C Discord -- [Information & Verification]
564758643501826059[ BenLegend443#2809](/verify https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/aUYGtfde-u-cc-discord-information-verification)
: If I win because someone on the enemy team went AFK or started trolling then I say sorry before the game ends. Unless the enemy team was previously beating us and being assholes about it. Then there's no mercy.
> [{quoted}](name=SpecterVonBaren,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O6ikf8iF,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-05T03:58:50.905+0000) > > If I win because someone on the enemy team went AFK or started trolling then I say sorry before the game ends. > > Unless the enemy team was previously beating us and being assholes about it. Then there's no mercy. Yup.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VxaUEdka,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-05T05:58:59.864+0000) > > Are you really implying that a dash that needs prior set up mind you has MORE team utility then, an ultimate that negates all damage, an AoE ultimate that negates all damage, a two man TP, TP with a knock up that buffs the person being TPed too, a TP that also reveals everyone on the map, a team wide TP, a TP that also shields, an AoE initiate that knocks up, an AoE initiate that fears, and instant heal/knock up? > > You HAVE to be joking me, in what iron world is a DASH more powerful then ANY of those effects? Hello? In the world where that dash also provides it's user a 1k+ hp shield in a world where that same user deals hybrid damage and blows up targets regardless of health or resistances in a matter of 2 seconds in a world where someone that deals enough damage to blow up anyone in a matter of 2 seconds can turn invisible in a world where this someone also heals themselves for damage they deal in a game where there are three entire classes of characters designed around buffing and protecting characters that can blow up anyone in a matter of 2 seconds. Kaisa's ult is basically a Thresh Lantern from a 1200+ AP Thresh that she can put ANYWHERE she wants. It's a perfect offensive AND defensive tool - she can't be cced while dashing so it's a "press button to win" ability with no counterplay whatsoever. You can't interrupt the dash, and there are only two champions in the game that can prevent her from using it - IF they can manage to force her to stand in extremely limited locations. A champion that can turn invisible on command and gain an enormous movement speed boost on a very short cooldown. She's literally Vayne but with magic damage and a dash that can cover 1/8th of Summoner's rift in the blink of an eye along with a 1000+ HP shield. She's also a class of champion that has resistances designed around building full damage, leaving her so tanky nothing short of a 1000 AP Veigar can actually kill her without an entire team going at it alongside him. Marksmen are supposed to be glass cannons. Building offensive items is supposed to come at the tradeoff of defenses. Well guess what? Kai'sa's shield scales with damage! There's no tradeoff! Which leaves her one of the ultimate stat-check cases in league of legends.
> [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VxaUEdka,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-05T06:35:38.666+0000) > > In the world where that dash also provides it's user a 1k+ hp shield in a world where that same user deals hybrid damage and blows up targets regardless of health or resistances in a matter of 2 seconds in a world where someone that deals enough damage to blow up anyone in a matter of 2 seconds can turn invisible in a world where this someone also heals themselves for damage they deal in a game where there are three entire classes of characters designed around buffing and protecting characters that can blow up anyone in a matter of 2 seconds. > > Kaisa's ult is basically a Thresh Lantern from a 1200+ AP Thresh that she can put ANYWHERE she wants. It's a perfect offensive AND defensive tool - she can't be cced while dashing so it's a "press button to win" ability with no counterplay whatsoever. You can't interrupt the dash, and there are only two champions in the game that can prevent her from using it - IF they can manage to force her to stand in extremely limited locations. A champion that can turn invisible on command and gain an enormous movement speed boost on a very short cooldown. > > She's literally Vayne but with magic damage and a dash that can cover 1/8th of Summoner's rift in the blink of an eye along with a 1000+ HP shield. She's also a class of champion that has resistances designed around building full damage, leaving her so tanky nothing short of a 1000 AP Veigar can actually kill her without an entire team going at it alongside him. > > Marksmen are supposed to be glass cannons. Building offensive items is supposed to come at the tradeoff of defenses. Well guess what? Kai'sa's shield scales with damage! There's no tradeoff! > > Which leaves her one of the ultimate stat-check cases in league of legends. That's rank 3 Kai'sa Ult, not rank 1. It's simple math. True, her damage is pretty high, but that's what you get from full damage builds. But you also need to set up with an aa or Void Seeker. It is also quite telegraphed(the others are more versatile), and a dash that makes you vulnerable to the enemy(you have to dash to an enemy). The utility also only applys to her, not anyone else. A shield is also worse than invulnerability. Karthus' Requiem can't do shit against a Kayle ulti, but Requiem goes right through the shield and kills Kai'Sa anyways(the shield amount is negligible to him). It's not that OP.
Colte (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=anatasjhsh01,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UtOzO0bE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-02T11:38:36.129+0000) > > What is your point?? that taiwan players are bad i guess {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=Colte,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UtOzO0bE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-02T12:23:24.986+0000) > > that taiwan players are bad i guess > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} That the environment is so different. Other than the toxicity, it's all different.
Rioter Comments
: Play a Champion with a small Health pool. Less Health, less percent-Health true damage. Simple.
> [{quoted}](name=Everyday Legends,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FA4TR7xv,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-03-27T16:26:08.095+0000) > > Play a Champion with a small Health pool. Less Health, less percent-Health true damage. > Simple. The AA physical damage still applies. You're still going to die.
Kelg (NA)
: Actual question: how do you play against irelia?
Karthus has the single strongest early game in the entirety of LoL(debatable, but strongest in mid). If she tries to dive you(or poke you for that matter), the dive/trade is fairly telegraphed and you should be able to just beat her with E and Q spam(R if needed)
: For the 1st time in my life I think Nasus needs changes/straight nerfs
Karthus playing into a Nasus: Defying death after 1 second.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akenero,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FoqMZERH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-26T16:56:53.463+0000) > > {{champion:89}} {{champion:12}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:555}} > > Certain champions fulfill certain roles, and expecting them to do other things is ludicrous. You don't want {{champion:40}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} to engage, do you? > Also, the person may not be super comfortable on their pick. One can argue that you may want Sona to engage at the right time and place--just not barreling down the lane right into the enemy in plain sight.
> [{quoted}](name=Son Golin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FoqMZERH,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-26T19:12:01.273+0000) > > One can argue that you may want Sona to engage at the right time and place--just not barreling down the lane right into the enemy in plain sight. I'm a Karthus player(that plays him in every single role). Barreling down the lane and committing suicide is my specialty.
: I mean it's not unexpected tbh. A lot of lower-tier players in Gold-to-Iron like playing champions like Azir or Ryze because they have a cool thematic. I'm basically telling them "You won't play them until you git gud", which can definitely peeve some peeps.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YcAEWK3I,comment-id=00000000000000040000,timestamp=2019-03-26T01:31:09.674+0000) > > I mean it's not unexpected tbh. > > A lot of lower-tier players in Gold-to-Iron like playing champions like Azir or Ryze because they have a cool thematic. I'm basically telling them "You won't play them until you git gud", which can definitely peeve some peeps. Hehehe... down here I'm seeing LB in ranked. I play Karthus(who's supposed to get rekt by assassins btw) and proceed to destroy her.
Falrein (EUW)
: If you could meet your favourite champions once...
{{champion:30}} Me: I willingly join you, Karthus!!
: Male to female champ Ratio -- way more male champs....
Y'all sound like my eighth grade class now. XD
Done25 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5wfEu0Zg,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-03-19T13:31:18.589+0000) > > Karthus is not a well designed champion. Karthus is a dps AP hyper carry. You can't really give him much CC without breaking him. (Ex. Ryze, Vladimir, and Cass.)
> [{quoted}](name=Done25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5wfEu0Zg,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-03-19T14:45:41.226+0000) > > Karthus is a dps AP hyper carry. You can't really give him much CC without breaking him. (Ex. Ryze, Vladimir, and Cass.) He's also got half your health on damage reserve(unless you're a tank).
333lom (EUNE)
: The Thief of Bluewind Court, is it? Another one I really liked! I think the exposition, the event of discovering Karthus and realization that the Harrowing is attacking Piltover is really cool. I would definitely read more of this to see what happens. The way it's written also suits my taste, immersive. On the other hand what I think could have been done better: the flow changes very quickly from the exposition to the reveal, and suddenly it's over. It is hard to cram a relatively big idea into a 1000 word story, but if you sacrificed some of the descriptions of the exposition (Caitlyn searching for the thief) in order to expand more the reveal, it would improve. If this was an unlimited story, you wouldn't need to cut anything from the exposition, but definitely add more details to the reveal of Harrowing. Add more impact to the deaths of important characters.
> [{quoted}](name=333lom,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=RiVNswBT,comment-id=000500020000,timestamp=2019-03-19T20:10:32.249+0000) > > The Thief of Bluewind Court, is it? > > Another one I really liked! I think the exposition, the event of discovering Karthus and realization that the Harrowing is attacking Piltover is really cool. I would definitely read more of this to see what happens. The way it's written also suits my taste, immersive. > > On the other hand what I think could have been done better: the flow changes very quickly from the exposition to the reveal, and suddenly it's over. It is hard to cram a relatively big idea into a 1000 word story, but if you sacrificed some of the descriptions of the exposition (Caitlyn searching for the thief) in order to expand more the reveal, it would improve. If this was an unlimited story, you wouldn't need to cut anything from the exposition, but definitely add more details to the reveal of Harrowing. Add more impact to the deaths of important characters. In hindsight, I should have started from Karthus' POV instead of Caitlyn's, but the main point isn't even the Harrowing. It was Caitlyn's discovery of Noxus' impending invasion/they've been infiltrated for a long time. I should've cut a bunch of random crap out of the the thief-search but it felt more complete doing it. It's a 1000 word story after all. I should cut some things and focus more on the Harrowing. It would have been much better(and perhaps I would have won).
Moody P (NA)
: Karthus is not a well designed champion.
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5wfEu0Zg,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-03-19T13:31:18.589+0000) > > Karthus is not a well designed champion. Probably just cause his kit was designed in 2009, when pure damage was OK.
333lom (EUNE)
: Hello everyone! I was one of the judges, and I'll gladly give feedback on your entry if you'd like, ask away. All of the entries had intrinsic value to me and appreciate all the effort you put into creating something!
> [{quoted}](name=333lom,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=RiVNswBT,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-03-13T13:01:25.103+0000) > > Hello everyone! I was one of the judges, and I'll gladly give feedback on your entry if you'd like, ask away. All of the entries had intrinsic value to me and appreciate all the effort you put into creating something! My Entry?
Show more

BenLegend443

Level 54 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion