Rioter Comments
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: Skill expression is more than just mechanics. It has to do with how much you can adapt to changes, while also being able to identify good strategies to take advantage of certain things in your elo. Playing meta picks is also a skill. Being able to pick up Taliyah for example is a skill on its own. It's not just how many tornadoes I can hit with Yasuo or how many flash outplays I can do; macro is much more important when counting skill expression.
> [{quoted}](name=Snowman Arc,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pq9gObos,comment-id=0006000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-16T23:14:44.301+0000) > > Skill expression is more than just mechanics. It has to do with how much you can adapt to changes, while also being able to identify good strategies to take advantage of certain things in your elo. Playing meta picks is also a skill. Being able to pick up Taliyah for example is a skill on its own. It's not just how many tornadoes I can hit with Yasuo or how many flash outplays I can do; macro is much more important when counting skill expression. Um, at no time did I say "Mechanical skill is all that matters" get a new argument, preferably one that fits the discussion you are having, dimwit.
: And if you actually read what I said, there a 4 other parts of the game that all require skill that are not mechanical. In the case of Annie, you need to have awareness to avoid ganks because of your 0 mobility, you need knowledge of your own damage as well as what your opponent can do so you can win your fights, you need macro to actually turn the kills that take little mechanical skills into actual advantages, and you (more or less because of the power of a multi-man tibbers) need teamwork in order to win the game. Every single part of these are just as important as how far you can push the mechanics (whether high or low) of your champion. If you struggle to do the mechanics, you focus on the other aspects of skill you need. There is a specific reason why a diamond Annie will play much better than a bronze one despite the skill ceiling of the champ.
> [{quoted}](name=Sp33d Zer0,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pq9gObos,comment-id=000e000200000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T00:16:52.850+0000) > > And if you actually read what I said, there a 4 other parts of the game that all require skill that are not mechanical. In the case of Annie, you need to have awareness to avoid ganks because of your 0 mobility, you need knowledge of your own damage as well as what your opponent can do so you can win your fights, you need macro to actually turn the kills that take little mechanical skills into actual advantages, and you (more or less because of the power of a multi-man tibbers) need teamwork in order to win the game. > Every single part of these are just as important as how far you can push the mechanics (whether high or low) of your champion. If you struggle to do the mechanics, you focus on the other aspects of skill you need. > > There is a specific reason why a diamond Annie will play much better than a bronze one despite the skill ceiling of the champ. I was trying to but the first part was just so stupid that my brain literally would not let me finish reading that crap. Also, yeah there is more to the game than mechanical skill, and if YOU could actually comprehend what I said, you'd understand that i already addressed this in my post.
Mewko (NA)
: Riot, I thank you for everything.
> [{quoted}](name=Mewko,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gkKAjTcP,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-16T15:32:15.321+0000) > > So, I recently moved on to play an MMO by NCSoft and let me tell you, I took a long hiatus from it, now returned and boy, oh, boy, shit went down the drain. They barely listen to their player base, they ruined the game for new players who are willing to grind up. When in queue, no one will be available for hours ( for a new player/returned player). The requirements to be accepted (or caught up to others) are harsh as hell. If you don't have the mechanics or stats, you're kicked automatically. You'll have a very hard time to catch up without a group of friends or clan members. There's no such thing as a solo grinder, you're forced to just quit. And its become mandatory Pay to Win status yet you still can't afford much with it. > > Now you must be thinking, what's that got to do with League? How can you compare an MMO with a PVP? > > Well, I have been so depressed from this MMO considering how much I love it that when I compare it to League, I have to say, Riot knows their shit well and that's quality right there. They take our feedback, maybe not everyday but the importance is **they still do it**, no matter the time it takes. They change the game for us, based on our judgements. Even if it's minimal, ask yourself why you're still playing this game? Exactly. > > What are the benefits? > > 1. It's a free game. > 2. Mandatory experience/gear? No. Are you a new player? Here, free runes. Have fun. Veteran? Still gifted, just play the game. > 3. HECK, just for playing, you are eligible to free chests and keys. What does that mean? A CHANCE TO OBTAIN FREE SKINS. > 4. Remember the ramble about keys? Now you're GUARANTEED not only 1 key BUT 2+ keys just for honors. > 5. RNG involved? NO. > 6. Their events? A-w-e-s-o-m-e. Nopay-justplay-freeshit. > 7. New player? Free tutorial, mute the toxics, enjoy your stay. > 8. Tired/Bored/Same? New updates = new excitement every time. > 9. Your effort for the game = more surprises to come. > 10. **You are noticed, you are accepted, you are welcomed. ** > > The only thing that should be complained about within League is the community itself being toxic. > > "But they nerfed this, but omg, this meta.. but - but". There's always something to complain about, it never ends. And Riot has put up with our shit even till this day. Trust me, I used to complain on the boards but I'm done, I've always loved and still love league. If there's a problem, I'll quit. I thank Riot for everything they've taken their time to do with our feedback. > > If you plan to salt over this board, you're welcome to do so; no deal. I will not care nor bother reading. The board will always salt and I feel bad for Riot putting up with the fans but they still do it. And I thank them for keeping the game stable. > > > I forgot to mention, NCSoft has a lot of players crying on the boards, literally raging compared to the boards of League. You should be THANKFUL for a **rioter to even comment on your post**. BE THANKFUL. If you're curious to which game I'm currently playing, it's Blade and Soul. Check their forums and think again when you're back here. > > TL;DR: Riot listens to our feedback and knows how to keep a game running. Stop bitching. Eh, ive played this game since season 1 and i've never had riot actually listen to my concerns. I've had them placate me or lie to me, but never listen.
: Why is toxicity not punished in Korea?
> [{quoted}](name=Dakkimchi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EYGExWI6,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-14T01:53:02.158+0000) > > I don't intend to insult Riot, as I agree with their policies in NA for toxicity (better for player mental health). I've recently watched Cowsep's video, and I was surprised that the system in Korean servers don't punish other players at all. Can the community (players, Riot, admins, etc.) tell me why this is the case? I assumed that Riot was a single company with a universal policy across regions. > > Also, I'm not going to cite this as the reason why Korean server is so competitive, etc. I think that is a rash assumption. because korea doesn't have idiotic SJW's ruining everything they touch.
: > [{quoted}](name=BerylCrab,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pq9gObos,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-05-16T16:44:09.791+0000) > > What I read was : Play easier champions to climb the skilled ladder system. Yes, you literally just said the best way to climb in a game of skill is to play EASIER champions. just let that sink in. No wonder this game has gone down the shitter. They actually listen to people like yourself. He isnt wrong tho, you dont need play Yasuo like a god to reach platinum or even low diamond. Champs like Ashe are perfectly fine, low floor but still played in LCS at times when things are relatively balanced.
> [{quoted}](name=Thefrostyviking,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pq9gObos,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2018-05-16T18:43:58.940+0000) > > He isnt wrong tho, you dont need play Yasuo like a god to reach platinum or even low diamond. > > Champs like Ashe are perfectly fine, low floor but still played in LCS at times when things are relatively balanced. Ashe is only played when the professional esports team that plays league for a living decides they want to babysit an adc. Ashe is not even close to balanced in any game that doesn't have a professional esports team and a vent server with everyone on the team using it. The fact of the matter is that this game is so team oriented that individual skill means absolutely nothing, all that matters is what champion you pick and rolling your face on the keyboard at the right time.
: Except that the ladder tests more than pure mechanical skill and if your mechanical skill is shit you shouldn't be playing mechanically demanding and should instead focus on things that do match your strengths. There are several skill checks in league: Mechanical Macro Knowledge Teamwork Awareness So if you decide to put all your eggs into mechanical look at what else you lack. If you don't put it all into mechanical you can actually improve in multiple ways
> [{quoted}](name=Sp33d Zer0,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pq9gObos,comment-id=000e0002,timestamp=2018-05-16T19:32:58.098+0000) > > Except that the ladder tests more than pure mechanical skill and if your mechanical skill is shit you shouldn't be playing mechanically demanding and should instead focus on things that do match your strengths. > > There are several skill checks in league: > > Mechanical > Macro > Knowledge > Teamwork > Awareness > > So if you decide to put all your eggs into mechanical look at what else you lack. If you don't put it all into mechanical you can actually improve in multiple ways Except that it really only tests your ability to go through the motions. Perfect example of this is annie. Literally no mechanical skill at all involved. All you had to be able to do was play safely, count to 5, and use your flash to land tibbers. Annie can literally burst 98% of the champions in the game at lvl 6 with ZERO mechanical skill required. A tired argument that holds no water.
Xilixer (NA)
: to be fair the logic is sound though. anybody could pick up the same champs and easily climb to where you are at.
> [{quoted}](name=Xilixer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pq9gObos,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-05-16T16:47:43.301+0000) > > to be fair the logic is sound though. anybody could pick up the same champs and easily climb to where you are at. yes, and thats why this game's ladder system is a joke. It matters much more what champion you pick than it does how good you are at the game. Which is pretty sad when you consider the entire point of a ladder system is to measure SKILL not if you follow a meta or not.
: [RANT] Stop losing on Difficult Champions while hating Simpler Champions
> [{quoted}](name=ReportForRefusin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pq9gObos,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-16T13:27:43.205+0000) > > Have you ever heard this before: > > {{champion:64}} (2/5/1): Jax is such a braindead champ. LUL > {{champion:24}} (5/1/3): At least I'm doing well. You failed two flash kicks. Why are you playing Lee? > {{champion:64}} (2/5/1): "At least I'm doing well" YOU ARE PLAYING JAX HAHA. I'm not going to play easy champions > {{champion:24}} (5/1/3): Why not? You mess up on Lee Sin while Jax is harder to mess up on > {{champion:64}} (2/5/1): I'm Dia 3 on my main, I can play Lee Sin. My team is just so bad. No wonder you are hard stuck, LUL > > And then the Jax wins the game with superior scaling and less room to make mistakes. > > Or how about the: > > {{champion:92}} (0/3/0): Oh, you gotta 2v1 me to kill me huh? > > I don't think I have to say any more about that situation. > > League of Legends is not a game about playing the hardest champions ever and ONLY fighting 5v5 in an ultimate standoff to protect one's own honor. No. > > If you are not high elo/not mechanically skilled AND have high ping (50+, relative to lee sin for example) then don't play mechanically difficult champions and hate simpler champions > > You either: > > 1. Play a champion because you like them (not good for ranked mode) > > 2. Play a simple champion because you want to make less mistakes on them (good for ranked mode) > > 3. Play a difficult champion because you are high skill and low ping > > Platinum elo is not high enough to use Lee Sin to his full. There are better picks. Insulting simple champions like Jax, Soraka, and Amumu is pointless. I mean, obviously you shouldn't be toxic, but to even have anger towards them is unreasonable. There are ways to be skilled with mechanically unintensive champions. Maybe you shouldn't use your CC on the {{champion:22}}, but rather peel your own {{champion:51}} by using your CC on their {{champion:238}} when they dive you? Not all mechanical skill has to be timing based, but rather a combination of timing and decision making. > > Did you know? Jax can trigger two of his Sheen procs by activating and deactivating his counterstrike at a precise time. > > **If you want to climb low elo, then play reasonably simple champions** What I read was : Play easier champions to climb the skilled ladder system. Yes, you literally just said the best way to climb in a game of skill is to play EASIER champions. just let that sink in. No wonder this game has gone down the shitter. They actually listen to people like yourself.
Chermorg (NA)
: No, they aren't forced to type at all. But Riot is not going to make it easier to not type. If you can't control yourself, don't play League - Riot would rather toxic players leave altogether than have them play but not communicate in chat.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vFUxUX6P,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-12T02:38:25.739+0000) > > No, they aren't forced to type at all. > > But Riot is not going to make it easier to not type. If you can't control yourself, don't play League - Riot would rather toxic players leave altogether than have them play but not communicate in chat. Every time I see you post I wretch a little. I think its your egotistical manner of speaking, of the fact that you clearly think you are the greatest thing ever. Seriously, you are a disgusting excuse for a human being and you should feel bad.
: Riot has no intention of stamping out toxicity.
> [{quoted}](name=Suckdeezbeez,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vFUxUX6P,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-12T02:26:50.676+0000) > > Now there have already been multiple threads on this, but I figure ill just be the next in line. Riot has spent over 7 years attempting to stamp out hate speech and verbal abuse and in the process has refused to implement suggestions from the community. The biggest one? An opt-out of chat option. Many players that have temper issues know they have chat issues but cant help themselves. Riot hears these people suggesting an opt-out, sees these posts and answers the support tickets, yet never get around to implementing it. There are now three other main ways of communicating in this game, voice chat, emotes and pings system. Many players dont even USE chat in-game anymore yet refuse to help those that cannot help themselves. Its absolutely awful that so many people have accounts locked or just quit playing because of unclear and vague rules regarding their tribunal system. You make a good point about the opt out thing. Really should have been implemented a long time ago, but riot just wants to punish people and feel like they are making a difference. They definitely are making a difference, just not a positive one.
Jango Mage (EUNE)
: Most of the Keystones favor AD
> [{quoted}](name=Jango Mage,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7EHW59az,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-03T21:35:18.713+0000) > > Precision: > -Press the Attack: It is procked by auto attacks, and enhances auto attack dmg > -Lethalt Tempo: It gives attack speed > - Fleet Footwork: Heals on auto attacks and gives ms. In theory this could work, but its really not what a mage wants, its only taken on champions who really have no better options.( {{champion:112}} ) > -Conqueror: It only gives AD. > > Domination: > -Electrocute: Its good on some burst mages, but its cd mages it horrible in laning phase. > -Predator: There are like 2 champs who can abuse this very well, and no one else really uses it. > -Dark Harvest: Decent on some junglers, and it is procked by autos > -The new Hail of Blades: Its basically just a better version of lethal tempo, which is in domination only because there are no places left in precision. Like srsly no one who takes domination normally will go for this, it just opens up this tree for marksmen, since it gives atk speed. > > Sorcery: > - Summon Aery: Most champs can only use it to a 50% effectivesness since they cant use the shield part of it. It was meant for supports anyways. > -Arcane Comet: Bascially the mage keystone(altough a lot of other champs take it as well.) Its really good on poke mages, and on some dot mages, bacuse of the cd refund, but its really bad on burst mages and not so good on battle mages. > -Phase Rush: It was meant for battle mages but only Cassio on Aurelion really uses it. Its pretty bad atm. > > Resolve: > - Grasp of the undying and Aftershock: These were ment for ad bruisers and tanks. Neither of them are useable on mages. > -Guardian: A support rune. > > Inspiration: > - Kleptomancy: It has never really been used by mages, even tough it could be easly procked via their ranged autoattacks. Its mostly good on ad champions who can abuse it. > -Glacial Augment: Literally no one uses this one. Even if it was used it would be better on ads since it is procked by auto attacks. The active item part doesnt help it either. > - Unsealed spellbook: Its prolly the second most common rune on mages after comet(altough not sure if it will be, considering it has been changed). I think its so common only because nothing else really works on them atm. But its decent nonetheless. > > So yea. AP champions, mages in particular, could see at least one new keystone. Don't worry, the game favors you in every other way. If you don't believe me, go play Int classes in DOTA.
: Why does Riot give small-scale reworks to those who barely need it while ignoring the ones that do?
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BerylCrab,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=0011000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-17T14:07:18.660+0000) > > Nope, still haven't played league since November 2017. And yet here you are, on the league boards. 7 hours and counting btw.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=00110000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-17T21:34:15.712+0000) > > And yet here you are, on the league boards. 7 hours and counting btw. yep.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BerylCrab,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2018-04-17T07:33:52.318+0000) > > Try 6 months and counting. Sorry, youre still here. Try about 6 hours and counting.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=001100000000,timestamp=2018-04-17T13:54:23.205+0000) > > Sorry, youre still here. Try about 6 hours and counting. Nope, still haven't played league since November 2017.
: I remember back when there was such thing as just being tired of a game and moving on without the need to announce it to the world in a drama queen-like way.
> [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-04-14T15:22:16.395+0000) > > I remember back when there was such thing as just being tired of a game and moving on without the need to announce it to the world in a drama queen-like way. I remember back when kids were capable of comprehending the irony of this post.
: Cant speak for anyone else, but that latest humble bundle is why im quitting.
> [{quoted}](name=Spacesuit Spiff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-04-15T07:18:30.765+0000) > > Cant speak for anyone else, but that latest humble bundle is why im quitting. fair enough, I don't know anything about it but feel free to discuss it and any other reasons people should quit league. There are lots of them.
: i mean why are you so dramatic if you dont have fun and feel that riot has done you dirty dont play?
> [{quoted}](name=Triumphant Mind,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2018-04-15T09:17:22.857+0000) > > i mean why are you so dramatic if you dont have fun and feel that riot has done you dirty dont play? Just curious, did you even check to see if I still play before telling me not to?
Pika Fox (NA)
: 1) Nothing is broken, its just your subjective opinion, where as most people are quite happy and enjoying the game. 2) See you in a week.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2018-04-15T13:49:33.322+0000) > > 1) Nothing is broken, its just your subjective opinion, where as most people are quite happy and enjoying the game. > > 2) See you in a week. Try 6 months and counting.
Aptest (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=BerylCrab,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-14T09:42:47.395+0000) > > If you quit, it forces riot to either fix their broken as hell game, or watch it die and be replaced. Either way, problem solved. how about YOU quit and force riot to fix things, while I stay, and reap the benefits?
> [{quoted}](name=Aptest,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-14T11:18:59.601+0000) > > how about YOU quit and force riot to fix things, > while I stay, and reap the benefits? already did. have a good one.
: Has the game gotten to a point where balance is impossible?
No, it has already been there for a long while now.
: "everyone deserves to be treated with respect"
Onotori (NA)
: All this stuff with Syria (Russia) and Korea makes me sad and worries me. : /
wait, pretend i don't know anything about what ur talking about (because i don't) why should I care?
tieger05 (OCE)
: Riot please explain this Matchmaking Logic.
Matchmaking and logic are mutually exclusive when it comes to this game/community
Rioter Comments
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BerylCrab,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-14T10:36:45.028+0000) > > This is boring since I don't care about convincing you. You're free to love league. This thread isn't really for you. It does make me wonder why you bothered to reply though.. seems to me if you thought league was so great you wouldn't need to defend it here and could instead be off playing it, or at least talking about how great it is to someone who doesn't hate it. Because this is the general DISCUSSION forum, sorry for trying to discuss things? It was an honest question of what needed to be fixed, but once again, I'm sorry for trying to discuss in general DISCUSSION.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=0000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-14T10:40:34.028+0000) > > Because this is the general DISCUSSION forum, sorry for trying to discuss things? It was an honest question of what needed to be fixed, but once again, I'm sorry for trying to discuss in general DISCUSSION. No need to apologize. Please feel free to continue discussing it. I apologize if I made it seem like it wasn't okay for you to do so. What I was saying is that I won't likely be participating in the discussion because It bores me.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BerylCrab,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=0000000200000000,timestamp=2018-04-14T10:27:52.443+0000) > > You misspelled _Starcraft_ Starcraft paved the way, LoL brought it to new heights.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=00000002000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-14T10:30:58.527+0000) > > Starcraft paved the way, LoL brought it to new heights. This is boring since I don't care about convincing you. You're free to love league. This thread isn't really for you. It does make me wonder why you bothered to reply though.. seems to me if you thought league was so great you wouldn't need to defend it here and could instead be off playing it, or at least talking about how great it is to someone who doesn't hate it.
SS Pappino (EUNE)
: Very weak reasoning, not convinced.
> [{quoted}](name=SS Pappino,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-14T10:25:22.974+0000) > > Very weak reasoning, not convinced. Nonexistent reasoning, below average post, not intelligent.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BerylCrab,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2018-04-14T10:21:13.849+0000) > > Over the years across my many accounts i've suggested probably 1000s of things. I've given up on this game as sad as it is to say that. I no longer possess the passion needed to suggest improvements and/or fixes. My only hope is that league doesn't hurt the genre any more than it already has. E sports is now such a world wide phenomenon because of LoL that players can get legitimately work visas to come play it. LoL has pushed e sports to such a grand stage that there is talk of it being in the Olympics, you might not like LoL anymore which is more then fair, but you can't say it hasn't done more good for e sports as a whole then harm.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2018-04-14T10:26:02.694+0000) > > E sports is now such a world wide phenomenon because of LoL that players can get legitimately work visas to come play it. LoL has pushed e sports to such a grand stage that there is talk of it being in the Olympics, you might not like LoL anymore which is more then fair, but you can't say it hasn't done more good for e sports as a whole then harm. You misspelled _Starcraft_
Jamaree (NA)
: What needs to be fixed?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bgAzqoMt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-14T09:49:04.131+0000) > > What needs to be fixed? Over the years across my many accounts i've suggested probably 1000s of things. I've given up on this game as sad as it is to say that. I no longer possess the passion needed to suggest improvements and/or fixes. My only hope is that league doesn't hurt the genre any more than it already has.
Rioter Comments
: Riot does not care about your experience. They will placate you with "uh yeah reports and punishments and stuff" but the fact of the matter is, the deed was already done. They already ruined your game, and the next game, and the next game. They too busy wiping they asses with e"sport" money to care.
> [{quoted}](name=TheLegendaddy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1K0GB3bg,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-14T09:28:47.945+0000) > > Riot does not care about your experience. They will placate you with "uh yeah reports and punishments and stuff" but the fact of the matter is, the deed was already done. They already ruined your game, and the next game, and the next game. They too busy wiping they asses with e"sport" money to care. yep. this is why I quit 6+ months ago. Everyone who is dissatisfied with league should quit. Maybe riot would improve it, but probably not still. Either way, you wouldn't be playing a piece of crap game.
Scuttle (NA)
: perfect tbh
> [{quoted}](name=Scuttle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MRk15XaN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-13T18:32:36.984+0000) > > perfect tbh I was going to disagree, but then I read "if you respect the game" and could no longer disagree because I do not respect the pile of trash this game has become. This game no longer deserves any respect. The small amount that it once did has long since been replaced by greed and laziness. My point is that the reason people behave in a manner that seems to disrespect the game is that the community does not respect the on upon which it is based. Lets be honest. People crap on this game because sadly, that's what it has become good for. The internet is not a daycare. Treating your game as such will leave you with toddlers (mentally as well as physically) who are in need of such a service. The rest will eventually wise up and move on to greener pastures.
Rioter Comments
: Why 3 key fragments don't automatically become a key?
the actual reason is to get you to go to the crafting menu and click craft only to still have nothing, thus teasing you into buying something to open with your freshly forged key. The whole game is based on greed. come on now.
: Instead of playing League, spend your time complaining about League. It's a much healthier, more constructive use of your time.
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UGXuhgPY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-12-11T09:24:32.536+0000) > > Instead of playing League, spend your time complaining about League. It's a much healthier, more constructive use of your time. Except I'm not actually complaining, so much as pointing out to people who are open minded enough to realize what i'm saying is true and that they should stop supporting/playing such a greedy developer. Have a good one guy.
: I've played Garen non-stop since I started in season 1. You don't have to follow the crowd in League, you just have to be a stubborn bastard with your own ideas of what is fun and what can work.
> [{quoted}](name=redniwediS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UGXuhgPY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-11T07:04:38.429+0000) > > I've played Garen non-stop since I started in season 1. You don't have to follow the crowd in League, you just have to be a stubborn bastard with your own ideas of what is fun and what can work. Oh yeah? and when do you expect to hit high elo? In another 10 years?
Rioter Comments
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: >you also can't, for example, give the ball to the opposing team and expect to have a spot on the team season after season Which is, due to MMR, exactly the same in LoL, just that there is a certain randomized factor in it, too. A player that consistently plays badly will eventually stop being put into good players' teams. That's how this works. >people who perform so poorly should not be allowed to play ranked queue This, on the other hand, is not how anything works. This would be the equivalent of banning an individual player from competitively playing a sport because of their bad performance, which I'm fairly certain has never actually happened in the history of sports.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Esu4xY83,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-12-02T00:50:46.977+0000) > > Which is, due to MMR, exactly the same in LoL, just that there is a certain randomized factor in it, too. A player that consistently plays badly will eventually stop being put into good players' teams. That's how this works. > > This, on the other hand, is not how anything works. This would be the equivalent of banning an individual player from competitively playing a sport because of their bad performance, which I'm fairly certain has never actually happened in the history of sports. Actually, it happens all the time when people get taken out of the major leagues in baseball, or any number of sports. If you can't put up, they show you the door.
: > [{quoted}](name=BerylCrab,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Esu4xY83,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-12-02T00:47:40.689+0000) > Seems pretty obvious that, sport or not, you are not capable of treating another person with basic decency and respect. I wouldn't mind one bit if you and your ilk were permanently chat banned or at least put on your own prisoner's island so you can berate each other until your heart's content while the rest of us can enjoy a civilized game. Good day indeed sir.
> [{quoted}](name=Gives No Lux,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Esu4xY83,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-12-02T01:10:33.256+0000) > > Seems pretty obvious that, sport or not, you are not capable of treating another person with basic decency and respect. I wouldn't mind one bit if you and your ilk were permanently chat banned or at least put on your own prisoner's island so you can berate each other until your heart's content while the rest of us can enjoy a civilized game. Good day indeed sir. First of all, I didn't say good day. What I said was "Have a day." Secondly, I am more than capable of treating people with decency and respect. The problem we are having is that I don't deem you to be worthy of either, and as such you will receive neither from me. I wouldn't mind being permanently chat banned or put on "prisoner's island" either, since I have already quit playing this god awful game.
: Ahh yes, when someone puts the words league of legends is like professional football No league is like a children's league of any sport there are basic decency rules So the whole "recreational" vs "professional" lets clear that up you ask to play on someones field they say sure have fun respect our rules Rule above all is "don't be a dick" Great easy enough you go and be a dick on someone else's field and guess what you get thrown out regardless if it was competitive or recreational You want to be a dick in a casual game, go make that game Riot owns this one you're expected to abide the simplest of rules
> [{quoted}](name=Magical Player,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Esu4xY83,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2017-12-01T07:09:08.988+0000) > > Ahh yes, when someone puts the words league of legends is like professional football > No league is like a children's league of any sport > there are basic decency rules > So the whole "recreational" vs "professional" > lets clear that up > you ask to play on someones field they say sure have fun respect our rules > > Rule above all is "don't be a dick" > > Great easy enough > you go and be a dick on someone else's field and guess what you get thrown out regardless if it was competitive or recreational > > You want to be a dick in a casual game, go make that game > Riot owns this one you're expected to abide the simplest of rules So it's only considered being a dick because of what I say while playing said game, and not what I do? So what you are really saying is that it's okay to behave like a dick, just don't talk like one. What a great policy.
: It's not about being a sport at all, it's about treating other human beings with basic respect. Let's face it, being abusive to another person just because you are upset or angry is not the definition of a good person that anyone wants to be around.
> [{quoted}](name=Gives No Lux,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Esu4xY83,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-01T08:20:56.870+0000) > > It's not about being a sport at all, it's about treating other human beings with basic respect. Let's face it, being abusive to another person just because you are upset or angry is not the definition of a good person that anyone wants to be around. I beg to differ, when someone uses the argument that "you cant badmouth people in professional baseball" as an excuse why it is not okay to say anything negative in league, it absolutely is about being a sport. When you call it "esports" it is absolutely about being a sport. When you want to obey certain SPORTSmanship rules and not others, it is absolutely about being a sport. You have not only failed to understand my post, you have failed to respond to it in a way that even begins to make sense. Have a good day you blissfully ignorant soul you.
: Ahh yes, when someone puts the words league of legends is like professional football No league is like a children's league of any sport there are basic decency rules So the whole "recreational" vs "professional" lets clear that up you ask to play on someones field they say sure have fun respect our rules Rule above all is "don't be a dick" Great easy enough you go and be a dick on someone else's field and guess what you get thrown out regardless if it was competitive or recreational You want to be a dick in a casual game, go make that game Riot owns this one you're expected to abide the simplest of rules
> [{quoted}](name=Magical Player,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Esu4xY83,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2017-12-01T07:09:08.988+0000) > > Ahh yes, when someone puts the words league of legends is like professional football > No league is like a children's league of any sport > there are basic decency rules > So the whole "recreational" vs "professional" > lets clear that up > you ask to play on someones field they say sure have fun respect our rules > > Rule above all is "don't be a dick" > > Great easy enough > you go and be a dick on someone else's field and guess what you get thrown out regardless if it was competitive or recreational > > You want to be a dick in a casual game, go make that game > Riot owns this one you're expected to abide the simplest of rules Ahh yes, when someone fails to understand that even children have both recreational, and competitive leagues for sports.
: Boy I still want those logs. Ranked is more like backyard sports until LCS
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Esu4xY83,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-01T06:54:03.375+0000) > > Boy I still want those logs. Ranked is more like backyard sports until LCS The logs that do not exsist since I haven't played a game in about a month? ok, here you go, since you cannot seem to read and comprehend english. CHAT LOGS: THIS CONCLUDES THE CHAT LOGS (thank you for being incredibly thick headed)
: chat logs?
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Esu4xY83,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-01T06:39:36.897+0000) > > chat logs? I don't play this game anymore. It's just an observation about how this community justifies treating the game like a sport when it comes to badmouthing, but not when it comes to ability and skill. If you want to treat it like a sport, then treat it like one. Don't cherry pick things that you want to choose to adopt from sports, while ignoring equally (if not moreso) important things about sports that you should definitely adopt as well if you are going to argue that you can't badmouth someone, then you should also not allow people to want to play casually into competitive leagues. You don't see people who cannot even catch a ball playing for the NBA.
Rioter Comments
Kaìju (NA)
: The "People Got Better" Argument
> [{quoted}](name=Kaìju,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EEN5WLbk,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-11-23T21:38:09.665+0000) > > So when people talk about the short lane phase and games, one comment I see a lot is that people are just naturally improving. I have a response question to that argument. Did people just all improve globally at the same time? Or is it just that games snowball too hard? Because I don't see how everyone could have just improved to such a degree that the meta is getting faster, especially adding on that it would seem EVERYONE suddenly got good at the same time. And before you say not EVERYONE got good, it must be enough people to impact the meta which would make it the vast majority. So what changed? Why did "everyone suddenly get good" at the same time? This reminds me of when people on private vanilla WoW servers try to say that they are "just better than the people who played it way back when." "People understand the game much better now and don't play weird specs." But in reality it's just because they are fighting 1.0 mobs with 1.6 items and 1.6 talents, or in layman's terms, they are fighting monsters with stats how they were on release, while using items and talents from 4 years later.
: Aren't we all tired of two/three items Vaynes, Xayahs etc. bursting people down like assassins?
If you were truly tired of it, you'd quit playing league like I have. They will never balance this game, either accept it and keep playing or move on.
Wuks (NA)
: Looking for Boards Moderators! [CLOSED]
> [{quoted}](name=Wuks,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=vPRmfQWW,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-11-20T17:59:45.017+0000) > > Hey, you! Do you possess a certain set of skills that you feel would be beneficial to the Boards? > > With a restructure of the Boards Volunteers and Moderation in the near future, we're re-opening applications for Boards Moderators here on the League of Legends North American Boards. > > The upcoming changes will break from the current Warden Program and instead have Moderators that work to moderate, maintain, and improve the Boards as a whole rather than with individual sub-boards. > > The deadline for applications will be at the **_end of the day on Wednesday, December 6, 2017_**, and continuing with phase 2 which will include a short voice or chat round-table interview. We will be selecting qualified candidates who possess all or most of the following attributes we are looking for. > > **Qualifications** > > * History of frequent engagement and currently active on the Boards > * Does not have an excessive history of breaking the [Universal Rules](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/4LgZ2EwM-universal-rules) or in-game punishments > * Open to taking constructive direction in moderation and working collaboratively with Riot and other volunteers > * Thick-skinned and the ability to detach personal feelings from moderation activities (stay calm and diplomatic in any situation) > > **Moderator Privileges** > > * Name color, Moderator title, and icon on the Boards > * Visibility to reported content > * Delete discussion and comments > * Disable commenting in a discussion > * Pin a comment > * Sticky discussions > > **Moderator Expectations** > > * Be active in the community and facilitate discussions > * Keeping the sub-board clean per Universal Rules > * Be fair and distance from favoritism > * Escalate discussions or comments as needed to Riot > * Be the voice of the community and share those concerns to Riot Helps if you are a spineless rito fanboy. Actual human beings need not apply
: > [{quoted}](name=BerylCrab,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9UlNX9yA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-11-20T01:18:20.374+0000) > > You know that you are a gigantic pussy right? Honestly, grow a backbone you pathetic excuse for a mammal. crabs lack bones
> [{quoted}](name=UnboundHades,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9UlNX9yA,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-20T01:20:01.193+0000) > > crabs lack bones Crabs are also crustaceans, not mammals.
Show more

BerylCrab

Level 38 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion