TrulyBland (EUNE)
: >They are more worried about trying to social justice warrior League ---- >So when they put their entire focus into "flaming", they don't have enough left to focus on trolls. He's not just talking about opportunity costs. he's straightup claiming that Riot invests more focus/dedication/ressources into chat related behaviour. Edit: My death star example also featured opportunity costs. Obviously if that one guy wasn't making a sandwich, the death star would presumably be a whooping 0.00002% faster. My point was taking away neglegible ressources from a very important project can still be a good idea, if it has a significantly stronger effect on the less important project. My analogy covered exactly the points Heisman talked about... to quote you: >The fact that you are failing to understand it speaks to either your bias, or your stupidity. My bet is on the former.
Your death star example is moronic for several reasons. First of all, you give 2 unequal tasks, and 2 unequal amounts of labor. You would fail basic econ. It's clear to me that Riot invests time in punishing flame. It shows in the results. Maybe they should make the same effort for int feeders. They have no prob coming on the boards to post chat logs of toxic players, but are suddenly quiet when it comes to int feeders. The problem is obvious, yet you would give them any excuse to not do a thing. Why do you defend Riot? What do you get out of this? My guess is that you get a sense of self-righteousness.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: How do you know what they focus, or which area is getting more ressources? If you task one person with making a sandwich and five million people at constructing a death star, the guy with the sandwich will probably be done a lot quicker. That doesn't mean the sandwich was "focussed", and it doesn't mean the death star would be finished if he got assigned to the death star instead. Or in other words: One task being done very slowly is not due the other task being finished so fast. Edit: And manually reacting to reports is another massive drain in ressources. If you want them to focus the area of feeders/trolls you will have to accept that their ressources go mainly towards improving the automated detection, as it's simply way more efficient.
He's talking about opportunity costs, which is a pretty basic concept. The fact that you are failing to understand it speaks to either your bias, or your stupidity. My bet is on the former.
Rioter Comments
: IRL if tell a bully to shut the fuck up you will either get in a fight or they will shut up. If you do that online they will just keep talking. In real life, if someone is a dick you have the option of punching them in the face. In the internet all you can do is ignore. There is no real use for fighting fire with fire online.
You also can't ban someone from real life. We should use the tools we have at hand. The current system is lazy. Banning for curse words and phrases, while ignoring context because a program cannot take that into account.
: You do not get punished for saying what the fuck. I curse during the entire match, I tease the hell out of the enemy players, I even open the game with either a "Good luck, get aids" or with a rape joke. So far the worst that happened to me was losing the Crest of Honor. As long as you're not downright toxic, you're safe. Examples: Player A: "Kys, you suck as a top laner" Player A: "Seriously, are you mentally challenged?" Player A: "I hope you choke on the chode of a dwarf while a gorilla fucks you in the ass" Player B: "Fuck you, scrub. I'm carrying this shit, unlike you who's 0/8" **Both can get reported and punished.** Player A: "Kys, you suck as a top laner" Player A: "Seriously, are you mentally challenged?" Player A: "I hope you choke on the chode of a dwarf while a gorilla fucks you in the ass" Player C: "Dude, chill. I'm trying my best to carry. Do not talk shit to me with a score like that" Mutes player A and reports him after the game. **Player A gets it's due punishment and C doesn't have to deal with his bullshit**
Ya know, IRL telling a bully to fuck off is a good thing. I wonder why... People applaud those that stand up for themselves. Not differentiating between bullying and responding to said bully is lazy, and in the end ineffectual. It's a shame that there are people who will stand on this Titanic and claim the iceberg isn't there. Have you ever seen "A Christmas Story?" Was Ralphie wrong for finally giving the bully what he deserved?
: Don't worry about it either, just report them and move on as well. I know I have to sugarcoat it, but you won't see them again unless you go in immediately. If the person continues their toxic attitude, then they will get banned eventually, unless you're like me, and have to report every game because the ingame community is worse than the Call of Duty community by a long shot now. Edit: When I mentioned "unless you're like me", I mean that my reports don't count at all anymore, since I have to report pretty much every single game at this point because of how toxic the ingame League community is.
So do I. I have to. I was just in a game where the jg and supp steal my farm mid, even when asking them to stop. I can't lane anymore, and they are calling me all sorts of shit. My promos. It's hard not to tilt when people play a team game like it's single player. Riot needs to ban these people ruining games. They would rather ban me for getting angry, a perfectly human response to people trying to ruin your good time.
: You were not punished for a single game, in fact you were given 3 games of evidence in your in-client reform card. > some toxic troll was being a jerk, but he had friends and I got reported multiple times. 10 game chat restriction, still on goin Multiple reports do not increase the chance of a game being reviewed. You also cannot be punished for someone else's behavior. > When are you going to fix this? The 10-game chat restriction was your penalty. Because you were penalized, you also lost the benefit of Hextech items. The loss of hextech crafting is not linked to the 10-game restriction. You must show a sufficient amount of good behavior before you are again eligible. This is not broken, and is working as intended.
You guys break your neck to come on here and bust people out for being toxic, yet when someone has a legitimate gripe...crickets.
Rioter Comments
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BigNasty3000,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2RYPEvbV,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-03T02:33:35.640+0000) > > You are wrong. Find me examples. I see people contributing very little to discussion, like the top comment on this thread. "Two wrongs don't make a right." Really? Then why do we lock people in jail? This type of comment is lacking in actual thought, yet upvoted. > > If you agree with Riot on everything, or say something so insanely stupid like "it's their game, they can do what they want," which doesn't add to discussion, only devalues the posters opinion, then you are a minion of Riot's. I can't think of a nicer way to say it. You are so worried about how something is said, that what is said becomes irrelevant. It is the antithesis of discussion, and is what unintelligent people do when they cannot back up their opinions. You want some examples? Very well then, here are some. [Ulanopo's Knowledge Base (created with the help of fellow players).](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4086541) [Deep Terror Nami making the Hextech Crafting Restrictions information more generally known and accessible for forum goers.](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/57wOcrmh-if-you-are-ineligible-for-hextech-loot-read-here-for-info-on-becoming-eligible-again) [Wuks explaining which 3rd Party Apps are and aren't allowed.](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/5dmkJinG-3rd-party-applicationsmodifications-whats-allowed-and-what-isnt) [The Brometheus explaining why flaming someone back isn't worth it.](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/EOc02Ryn-why-defending-yourself-isnt-worth-it) These are just some of the many examples of community members trying to help others out. Also, I most certainly do not agree with Riot on everything. For example, I disagree with their reasoning behind removing Dominion as a permanent game mode when they refused to give it a meaningful update before they decided to remake it as a Featured Game Mode (i.e. they had kept promising to update it for many years but ultimately failed to deliver on those promises. Yes they gave it a VU but that was only after they decided to convert it into an FGM-too little too late if you ask me). Do I agree with them on some things? Yes I do. Do i agree with them on all things? No I don't.
Good examples, my examples are every thread in this section. Doesn't it make sense to want to remove yourself from a toxic situation? If so, then why do the purveyors of this forum think that no matter what you shouldn't leave a game. Let them call you %%%%%%, let them troll you, let them not allow the reasonable people to surrender. You have to stay until the end of the game and endure their abuse or we will punish you. It's bullshit, and it is because Riot wants to let computers police their game. IMO, you should be able to leave a game with minimal punishment if people are trolling. If you disagree, cool, but let's have an actual discussion. Let's not blindly agree with policies, without actually thinking about them. edit - Deep Terror Nami is one of the worst offenders. This person has an "I am right and if you think differently you are toxic" attitude that adds nothing to discussion.
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BigNasty3000,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2RYPEvbV,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-03T01:55:24.862+0000) > > This section seems to exist for people to complain about policies, and then for Riot minions to tell them that their complaints aren't valid. Read through the threads. They even changed it to boards, with an upvote/downvote system so that they can brigade anyone that doesn't agree with Riot's policies. > > These boards are a shithole, and 99% of players avoid them because of the rampant stupidity. > > Cue the idiotic "why are you here" response. Why do you insist on using the whole "riot minion" insult? Seriously it helps nothing. Anyways, the purpose of these boards are for people to get help regarding punishments, punishment systems and behavior. Yes the boards in its entirety have an up/downvote system, but at least for this section generally the people getting downvoted are the people who: * Have lied about their behavior that got them punished (the reform cards and/or their forum behavior generally tell whether they're actually being truthful or not). * Are known trolls who only want to derail threads. * Make claims that have been proven false and insult and harass those who prove them wrong. * Harass others who don't give them the Yesman answers that they want to hear. The people who generally get upvoted are the ones who: * Are knowledgeable about certain topics, such as punishment systems. * Provide proof/context to back up their statements and/or disprove someone elses. * Make helpful, constructive and respectful posts. * Accept responsibility for their behavior and mistakes. Even if someone disagrees with some of Riot's policies, that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll get downvoted right away. Generally as long as they stay respectful and provide a reasonable reason as to why they disagree they generally won't get downvoted. It may seem like only Riot haters get downvoted, but the majority of them tend to be ones who have a history of poor behavior both in-game and on the forums (not all of them, just a very disgruntled vocal majority of them). **TL;DR:** People generally downvote posts that are destructive, desrespectful, not helpful and/or insulting while upvoting posts that are helpful, respectful and/or knowledgeable. Disagreeing in a respectful manner with a reasonable and respectful reason why usually won't get you downvoted, but disagreeing while being a jerk about it generally will.
You are wrong. Find me examples. I see people contributing very little to discussion, like the top comment on this thread. "Two wrongs don't make a right." Really? Then why do we lock people in jail? This type of comment is lacking in actual thought, yet upvoted. If you agree with Riot on everything, or say something so insanely stupid like "it's their game, they can do what they want," which doesn't add to discussion, only devalues the posters opinion, then you are a minion of Riot's. I can't think of a nicer way to say it. You are so worried about how something is said, that what is said becomes irrelevant. It is the antithesis of discussion, and is what unintelligent people do when they cannot back up their opinions.
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BigNasty3000,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2RYPEvbV,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-03T01:32:38.913+0000) > > reporting them will do nothing, as it's "hard to prove trolling." Riot has taken the ez way out. It's easy to flag certain phrases, you can have a computer do that. It's harder to actually police the community, ya know, like almost every other online multiplayer game does. > > People keep asking, "whyis league so toxic?" The answer is right in front of your face, yet you won't accept it. People who troll via gameplay are in fact punished. A recent example of such can be found [here](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/sU5wOfFJ-proof-that-the-automated-system-is-broken?show=rundown). Yes it's just one case of a gameplay troll getting punished but this does prove that reports do work on gameplay-oriented trolls. Yes it's easier to track verbal toxicity than it is to track gameplay toxicity, but it's not impossible to track as evidenced by the case that I linked. If reporting truly did nothing then this section most likely would not exist.
This section seems to exist for people to complain about policies, and then for Riot minions to tell them that their complaints aren't valid. Read through the threads. They even changed it to boards, with an upvote/downvote system so that they can brigade anyone that doesn't agree with Riot's policies. These boards are a shithole, and 99% of players avoid them because of the rampant stupidity. Cue the idiotic "why are you here" response.
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BigNasty3000,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2RYPEvbV,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-07-03T00:48:19.035+0000) > > It isn't being done maliciously. Why should we accept a system that basically traps you with duo's who want to ruin your good time? IRL what would you do? Walk away, right? Why is this not acceptable? Because it's not just you and the duo in the game-you also have 2 other people potentially trying to still win despite the trolls. You leaving/afking lessens the chance of that happening. Yes it's annoying to have a group of trolls ruin a game but you leaving/afking isn't gonna stop them from trolling; only reporting them at the end of the game will.
reporting them will do nothing, as it's "hard to prove trolling." Riot has taken the ez way out. It's easy to flag certain phrases, you can have a computer do that. It's harder to actually police the community, ya know, like almost every other online multiplayer game does. People keep asking, "whyis league so toxic?" The answer is right in front of your face, yet you won't accept it.
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BigNasty3000,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2RYPEvbV,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-07-03T00:56:53.708+0000) > > Let these Riot minions who frequent the boards with their ignorant drivel downvote away. People should be able to walk away from games with obvious trolls. It's what you do when someone is trying to get under your skin, you walk away. Unfortunately it's easier for Riot to let a program do their job, so they don't even consider nuance. That's why they have these "all or nothing" policies, because they are lazy. They dug themselves deep with their banning policies, and now they are too lazy and arrogant to admit it's flawed. The only people who say it's flawed are the people who don't like that they're actually being held accountable for their behavior. Yes the systems are not perfect, but the reality is that no system is or ever will be perfect, meaning that there is always room for improvement. Do you have any actual proof that Riot is too lazy and arrogant with their so-called "all or nothing" polices or any suggestions on how to even improve the systems as they are for the better? If so then please post them here.
: Afking out of troll games gets afker punished
Let these Riot minions who frequent the boards with their ignorant drivel downvote away. People should be able to walk away from games with obvious trolls. It's what you do when someone is trying to get under your skin, you walk away. Unfortunately it's easier for Riot to let a program do their job, so they don't even consider nuance. That's why they have these "all or nothing" policies, because they are lazy. They dug themselves deep with their banning policies, and now they are too lazy and arrogant to admit it's flawed.
Wolfess (NA)
: two wrongs don't make a right. don't use someone doing something wrong as justification for you to do something wrong yourself.
It isn't being done maliciously. Why should we accept a system that basically traps you with duo's who want to ruin your good time? IRL what would you do? Walk away, right? Why is this not acceptable?
: As opposed to the passive hostility you proudly display as if it gives you some sort of moral high ground.
That isn't meteos, and it is clear to me that you are not actually reading posts, just typing idiotic dismissals. Watch the video. This is the classic "move the goal posts" logical fallacy. I give you an example, you dismiss it for dumb reasons and ask for more examples. No matter how many I provide, you will keep going with this inane behavior. Good night.
: As opposed to the passive hostility you proudly display as if it gives you some sort of moral high ground.
It's not that they were punished, one wasn't punished at all. It is how Riot just doesn't seem to give a fuck. That is why phrases like "Riot apologists" get thrown around. People blindly defend them, and hide behind ToS or the whole "just leave" bs. I think it's a sign when Riot will so casually brish off people who have supported them from the start. See what total biscuit has to say about Riot. I guess he is just a complainer too, because nobody should ever have a problem with anything. The ToS absolves Riot of having to address any issues its customers may have, correct? Yes, people are only playing Overwatch because it's new, not because it's a great game made by a company with a great reputation. They aren't sharing the numbers. What more proof do you need? Why wouldn't they share them like they had been? You want me to prove that they refuse to show WHAT THEY HAVEN'T FUCKING SHOWN! Anyways, all of your posts are just platitudes, dismissals, and general bullshit. You aren't interested in taking any complaint that you don't agree with seriously.
He was just as toxic as Tyler. I am not a fan of either, but looking at it from an objective point of view they both were equally toxic. Him being punished while Meteos was not is a clear example of special treatment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtaKd_L-ADc This is a video of pro players trying to get him to flame. How is this not toxic? How is this creating a positive atmosphere?
Do you actually believe those platitudes? Do you honestly think Riot is going to send me their player base numbers through a support ticket? I think it's obvious who I'm talking about, but since you want to be facetious it's Dunkey and Keyori. Stream numbers are down as a whole. Check the numbers for LCS streams. Even combining the 2 streams doesn't add up to what it did a year or two ago. Make excuses all you want, I bet Riot is taking it seriously. If people like playing what's new and popular, doesn't it make it even more sense to pay attention to what your players want and take their complaints seriously? Considering LoL is pretty old now, doesn't that mean it's dying by default?
Meteos is clearly toxic, yet he campaigned to have a specific player banned and it was done. Dominate is still toxic, just watch his stream. Word of advice : nobody asked you for advice.
Stream numbers are down, and Riot is refusing to release player numbers. I already told you that, but again you ignore what you can't dismiss. Lots of youtubers are quitting, which accounts for a fair amount of promotion as well as being less one player. The most popular LoL youtuber was lampooned on these boards for talking shit to a player intentionally ruining his game. This whole "if you don't like it leave" attitude is extremely negative. It's either growing, shrinking, or stagnating in player base. Which do you think it is given the factors we have to work with?
You are sitting around on the forums and complaining right now, are you not? You hurl just as many insults, being passive aggressive isn't saintly. http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-surpasses-league-of-legends-in-koreas-gaming-cafes/ Here is some evidence. You will just casually dismiss it though. Riot also hasn't released player numbers in a few years, i wonder why? Everything you say reeks with an idiotic naivety. You are unwilling to have an actual discussion, all you do is dismiss people who don't agree with you. This is a common forum trope, as the whole upvote/downvote bullshit directly leads to this kind of mob mentality. Everything you say is right, because the number beside your posts says so. It's such a stupid fucking way to have discussions really. i am sorry that you have wholly bought into this bullshit.
I said in the first post i made that people cared about this game. You either aren't reading, or you are just ignoring anything that you can't respond to with "why don't you just leave." That entire mentality is self-defeating. Do you really want a smaller player base? Why don't other games have these problems to this extent? Look at WoW. It was the biggest video game ever made, in terms of number of players, time spent in game, and a number of other factors. They are bleeding subs. People who loved the game felt that Blizzard wasn't listening to what they want, and they left. Now there is no stopping the downhill snowball. Every expansion has initial boosts, then they end up losing more subs than they had before the expansion. This what happens when you don't listen to your player base. Riot better be working on the next Overwatch, because anyone paying attention can see the downturn. I thoroughly enjoy this game in most of it's aspects, so i play it. I'm now losing my interest, and it's mostly due to the community being ridiculous with reports and the overuse of the terms "toxic" and "salty." These terms have become so watered down that they mean nothing in the context of this game anymore. Every game I play, the minute someone types anything that isn't a meme or "gj" they are instantly responded to with "muted and reported." This is not an atmosphere that is conducive to a competitive team game. This is just my reason for not feeling it lately, other people have their own reasons. If you don't like reading complaints, what the fuck are you doing on the boards anyways? To complain about complainers?
Are you so dense that you think disregarding and devaluing complaints is a good way to run a business? Riot is a business. Nothing you say is addressing anything, only saying "if you don't like it, just leave." I doubt Riot shares your sentiment, as it is incredibly stupid and immature.
: I'm not regurgitating a single word. I read the TOS and I abide by their rules.Is that seriously a hard concept? I'm far from a riot fanboy, nor do i agree with their policies. IT IS WHAT IT IS though, crying doesn't change it, riots games, riots rules. I could make a game tomorrow and claim you have to say the n word every 5 days at least 1x per day, and that's how it works. It is FAR from a "go-to" argument, I simply know how to read. As for your baseless "what ifs" I couldn't care less if riot choked off their own mistake, it provides them a valuable learning experience.
I asked you questions, and you dismissed them instead of addressing them. "It is what it is" is the dumbest statement in the english language, made even more dumb by all-caps. "Crying?" Devaluing complaints by referring to them as "crying" is definitely bad business, and something I can't imagine Riot would do. Google Amy's baking company if you want to see an example of a business acting this way. Make your game, and see what happens. Truth is, if Riot wants a successful game, they have to listen to their customers. That's the way it is. You can't even abide by the simple rule of putting two spaces after a period. That seems pretty fucking simple to me.
Unfair automated bans, special treatment of pro players, toxic game behavior, etc... Anytime anyone questions Riot's policies they are greeted with a "if you don't like it, you can leave." I'm sorry that I didn't really understand your point. i have a hard time understanding the writing style of a 12 year old whose second language is english.
MeilinII (NA)
: I mean, people are always going to be as condescending to you as you are to others. Your refusal to believe simple facts is the source of the vomit taste in your mouth, friend. I did in fact work for a gaming company, haha. I can't say which one, but I can say it's not Micro$hit or Nintendo. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Because of that, I learned early on to read everything I sign, since it was my job to tell idiots who didn't the consequences of that decision. if someone didn't read ToS of anything and then has a problem with what they signed, that's on them. Only idiots sign legally binding terms without reading them. But please, don't stop replying. I have an hour of time to kill left in my shift. Watching you go batshit because multiple people are telling you you are wrong is incredibly amusing.
http://www.npr.org/2014/09/01/345044359/why-do-we-blindly-sign-terms-of-service-agreements https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120420/10560418585/to-read-all-privacy-policies-you-encounter-youd-need-to-take-month-off-work-each-year.shtml http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/05/26/consumer-campaigners-read-terms-and-conditions-of-their-mobile-p/ http://gizmodo.com/5901339/its-not-a-crime-to-break-a-terms-of-service-agreement-so-keep-on-not-reading-them https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/24/terms-and-conditions-online-small-print-information
I'm sorry that you don't have the mental capacity to understand a conversation at any depth. People say those things because there are people on the boards who will defend Riot no matter what. They use the same half-assed reasons you do. They are the reason why a large majority of players think that these boards suck. Full of memes and waifus, and no actual content. Any actual discussion is derailed by a small army of Riot supporters who show up in almost every thread and say the same inane shit. They refuse to acknowledge a problem, preferring to invalidate and disregard. Do you want this game to die? This is the beginning of the end, and there will be nobody to blame but the Riot apologists.
: Says the person who can't seem to read the topic. Not to mention all of the blatant hostility you randomly decided to bring here.
As opposed to the passive hostility you proudly display as if it gives you some sort of moral high ground.
: You're adorable. :3
MeilinII (NA)
: I've read every ToS since I turned 18 and anything before that it'd be my own problem if something happened. Frankly, anyone who'd try and punch a girl in the mouth for pointing out the truth would deserve the ass kicking they'd get from me after. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} Also, no, not just on the internet. Like I said, I made a living for several years telling idiots who didn't read TOS why they were banned.
Oh, you're a girl! That means you get to be rude and condescending with no repercussions! Insult away! Another girl will punch you quicker than guys will punch other guys. You are full of shit. You never worked at a video game company, and you definitely haven't read every word of every Tos you've ever signed. What is the point of lying? Are you seriously this pathetic? edit - I'm done replying to you. Every post of yours makes me throw up in my mouth a little. From the obnoxious anime character, to the idiotic writing style, to the blatant and obvious lying; it's all disgusting.
: > 'Riot Supporter', 'Riot Lover', 'Riot Apologist', ect. > > I'm sorry, but why exactly are people using these as insults? ^ Entire point of the thread that I started. You decided to ignore that in your very first post and tell me that my problem was with people complaining in general. You also completely ignored where I pointed that out in the quote below. > Never said that people couldn't complain. Take a look at my original post. I was talking about people who were going so far to use terms like 'Riot Lover' as an insult on the very forums of the company they were bitching about. And I've never said anything about agreeing with everything they did. If it's gotten that bad that anyone that agrees with the company deserves to be insulted in someone's eyes JUST for supporting that company, which is what using it as an insult implies, I actually feel outright sorry for that person if it weighs on them that much. Good on you to go ahead and assume someone's age while putting words in their mouth though. ;) Greetings Mr. Pot. I'm the Kettle. You're right, I _AM_ looking rather black today, aren't I? :3
Have you read the entire ToS? Answer the question or stfu.
MeilinII (NA)
: I didn't say they did read ToS. I said only idiots don't. There are a lot of idiots on this planet. For someone who talks about addressing the truth, you don't have good reading comprehension. :)
You just literally called pretty much everyone an idiot. Have you read every ToS you've ever signed word for word? You're just baiting, and being passive aggressive. This is what this game has taught you is proper behavior. Try it in real life, it won't be long until you receive a proper punch in the mouth. Won't be me, but there's plenty of people (or idiots as you call them) who will not hesitate to give you a mouth shot for slick little insults. You probably only do this on the internet though. It is what a coward would do.
MeilinII (NA)
: I worked for video game companies in the past. It's EXACTLY that simple. I, in fact, opted not to use many apps after reading their TOSes. Frankly, if you're too stupid to understand the Terms, you shouldn't be signing them. ^_^ For example, I have no problem with Tumblr's term that they own my firstborn child, as I have no plans to propagate in the future.{{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/15/i-read-all-the-small-print-on-the-internet If you are so blindly ignorant that you will keep thinking that everyone reads ToS, then there is no helping you. I am sincerely glad you have no plans to procreate. edit - honestly it's impossible to conversate with people like you. You refuse to address the truth, and force the conversation into a fantasy world where everyone reads every word of a ToS. It's a really silly way to derail a conversation. You aren't looking to make a point or express a concern, only to invalidate others concerns using weak ass platitudes.
: Why? I don't generally go out of my way to please people with sour attitudes, so I think I'll stick to how I usually communicate. Mind you, getting the chance to be 14 again would be pretty neat. Getting up early and having to put up with teenager bullshit would be irritating, but it beats the hell out of worrying about rent/bills/food/ect. But that would mean living out in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere again, so it might be more of a coin flip than I originally thought. With that little tangent aside, what you believe to be my actual age doesn't actually mean anything. It just amuses me that you like to judge people on that based on forum posts. :3 And "Looking into" LoL before deciding to spend money on it is almost painfully easy given the fact that they make you agree to their ToS when you first install their game and at every patch after that. Live and learn.
You have addressed none of my points. You only have said "I don't care, and I don't have to take anything anyone says seriously if I don't want to." Great way to communicate. Your post exemplifies the problem. There are ways in which we agree to communicate, yet you are too special to follow the standards. You are willfully ignorant of how to actually communicate through writing, and you deflect any and all criticism with complaints of "sour attitude" or "toxic." This entire persona translates directly to the game world. Have you read the entire ToS? If not, you should probably refrain from telling others that they should.
: Never said that people couldn't complain. Take a look at my original post. I was talking about people who were going so far to use terms like 'Riot Lover' as an insult on the very forums of the company they were bitching about. And I've never said anything about agreeing with everything they did. If it's gotten that bad that anyone that agrees with the company deserves to be insulted in someone's eyes JUST for supporting that company, which is what using it as an insult implies, I actually feel outright sorry for that person if it weighs on them that much. Good on you to go ahead and assume someone's age while putting words in their mouth though. ;) And who on Earth wouldn't look into a game before spending money on it? Or almost anything for that matter? I mean, if you're not all that attached to your money then go ahead with that mindset, but not everyone has an endless amount of disposable income at their finger tips. Some people have to work for a living.
Your posts have a certain naivety that only is present in the extremely youthful. If I assumed wrong, I apologize. I've got a feeling there is nothing to apologize for though. "Looking into" a game, and "researching" have different connotations. As someone who has done actual research, it isn't easy and should not be a requirement for picking up a game and playing it. Stop starting sentences with conjunctions.
MeilinII (NA)
: It's very simple. Don't sign a legally binding TOS agreement if you A: don't know what's in it and B: don't agree with it. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Is is that simple though? It may be to you, but that is because you are either choosing not to actually think, or you lack the capability to actually think. "legally binding?" Are you seriously this dense? As we enter a world with more and more apps and programs doing things we used to do manually, people like you are dangerously moronic. Have you ever read an entire ToS? Of course you will say yes, but we all know it's bullshit. Imagine reading every one you have to "sign." Not only would it be an immense waste of time, but they are filled with legal jargon that the average person does not comprehend. Nothing is that simple. I guess if you are 11 years old maybe, but if you are you should let the grown ups talk.
: So don't pay for it. The game is free to play. Any money you put forward is completely optional and given to support the 'Big Bad Riot' that the people with this mindset are so opposed to. Why didn't you do a little more research to make sure you agreed to their rules first?
People have a right to complain about things. Whether you like it or not. Don't look at it if you don't like it. You've got to be like 14 with that logic. It is never good to just go along with whatever a company wants to do, and never speak up about it. People care about this game, so they argue and debate over policies and other stuff. I don't see why this offends you. Research? Get the fuck outta here. Nobody needs to "research" before playing a video game. It is pretty weak to just agree with whatever a company says, because they are the company. It's circular, and incredibly stupid. Think for yourself. I'm more offended that I spent time to read something you put zero thought into. Maybe you should do some research before commenting on why people think you are a sheep. Maybe it's because you are herded towards whatever ideas the person or people in power have. In this game, it's Riot.
: I Keep Seeing The Same Phrases Used On This Board
Yes, there is never any reason to complain about something you pay/paid for. If you don't like it, just throw it away. Right?
: I need to ask, have you ever played any other pvp based online game? Riot certainly does not foster toxicity, even before the automated system was put in place. Most of the intel the automated system uses was gathered from real players via the old tribunal, hence why simple things like "gg ez" became ban worthy, the community felt it toxic. I'd like to know how this is simply a band-aid, while other companies don't do half as much for "bad players" other than ban hackers (which in my opinion, riot could be doing better with - see 3v3 bots). I also loved how you flat out contradicted yourself, you have been banned for toxicity. You sit there and accuse others of trying to provoke bad gameplay patterns, meanwhile admit to doing it yourself... You are, in fact, a "plain jerk" as you call them. I'm also sick of people make crappy real life analogies, this is a virtual playground. You may as well cite freedom of speech, even though it has no basis here. When you are playing ranked, guess what? You are **_NOT_** playing professional soccer, you're playing a video game. You are basically saying "I should only get a 5 minute penalty for assaulting another player, because he instigated it". No. You are playing Riots game, you abide by their rules. Simple, no?
This is the typical board post. Defending ridiculous rules (gg ez banworthy, c'mon son), and then pulling the same card they always do; the "Riot's game, Riot's rules" argument. We are Riot's customers. If Riot's rules are bad, we will leave. When they start losing money, you'll see them make some drastic changes. So, who really "owns" the game, Riot or the players? Then there is the other go-to argument for these minions; the "this game isn't comparable to any other competitive game/sport." Why isn't it comparable to soccer? Not pro soccer, but a pick up game at the park? Why isn't it comparable to basketball at the park? I bet you have no answers for these questions, as you are just regurgitating the same bile you see spewed across these boards everyday.
: Actually positive sports psychology coaching has been proven to be much more effective than negative reinforcement style. I teach Brazillian Jiu Jitsu and pumping everyone up when they do something good works a lot better than smoking everyone with pushups when they mess up. You can research all this on your own if you're interested. Also, you don't have a coaching role in League of Legends unless you're being paid so your analogy doesn't make sense. Unpaid coaching is of course, BM and tilting to people.
Does that mean they eliminate negative reinforcement? No consequences for negative actions within a team? That's what you advocate? Brazil jiu-jitsu is not a team sport. It's one on one. Not really applicable to this convo at all. "Do the players always stay positive with each other?" That was my question as well. You conveniently ignored that part, because it didn't fit your narrow narrative. People need to communicate within team competitions. Deeming any negative communication as "toxic" not only devalues the word, but over-enforces a policy that could be fine-tuned to get rid of real toxic players. The ones who spam racial slurs, the ones who say kys, etc....
Naag One (NA)
: I'm what? How can you possibly reach this conclusion, that I'm a troll?
Welcome to the boards. Where no matter what, you were being too negative. Only positive players win games, didn't you know that?
: Nah you can't cuss your team out above certain ELOs cause the games are really balanced and people tilting will cause a loss. I just play support singed right now and act like a dick but you need to stop typing dumb stuff if you want to climb, impossible to climb being negative.
Do the coaches in team sports never say anything negative? Do the players always stay positive with each other? There is literally no proof that your opinion has any merit. You can pretend it can't be compared to other team sports/games, but you would be wrong. Nothing in life is all positive, and forcing everyone to fake smile is ruining this game.
: Everyone tilts at some point, were you doing all you could to keep your team relaxed? If your team tilts you will lose a ranked match silver and above, it's pretty important. The way you type is kind of annoying, if you tilt people you will not climb in this game unless you're a god.
This type of comment right here exemplifies the real problem with this game. He is blaming another persons actions on this guy's writing style. It's like the twilight zone in this game. It's a competitive team game, there will be some negative communication. This whole "everyone needs to be nice like you're talking to your grandparents" crap makes the game unfun, and pretty much unplayable. If you say one thing that isn't a meme in game chat, you are responded to instantly with "muted." It isn't Riot ruining this game. It's the entitled, ove-sensitive, whiny piece of this community they seem to be catering to. Great job guys, maybe you can get more people to quit because they "aren't having fun."
VeGeTaJr (NA)
: Tribunal
I've been playing video games since Atari was big, and the tribunal is by far the dumbest, most ham-fisted idea I have ever seen. You sensitive ass kids wouldn't have been able to handle the arcade. Stop taking yourself so seriously. Nobody cares if you're offended.
Aerothal (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BigNasty3000,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=RB3E2EAA,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2015-05-29T13:51:12.976+0000) > > What's annoying is the fact that you constantly have to worry about offending someone in this game. This isn't how the world works, and I'm not sure why you people think that everyone is beholden to your sense of morals. Riot is preparing a generation of kids for a hard life. Since when is telling on someone respectable behavior? Nobody likes a tattletale, except in league. this is exactly how the real world works. I dare you to walk out on the street and insult random people you never met because they do something you dont like. Do it. To every action in real life there are consequences. negative or positive or neutral. why should that be different in this game.
I get the finger while driving all of the time. We both move on with our days. Literally, nothing happens. If, for example, someone is standing in the way at the grocery store and doesn't respond to a polite "excuse me," then I will be rude. Nothing has ever happened to me as a result. I have done it. Why don't you walk around oblivious and uncaring about others and see how quick people call you things you don't like.
: > [{quoted}](name=BigNasty3000,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=RB3E2EAA,comment-id=00070001000000000000,timestamp=2015-05-29T14:39:19.359+0000) > > Where's the personal attack? Are you saying that you are that dumb? Maybe you are too sensitive. You can stop your opinion from being challenged by keeping it to yourself. If you share it, somebody might disagree. Tough shit, I am under no obligation to respect your asinine opinion. ok... these are personal attacks > - that leads me to believe you are too young to have an actual worldview that isn't incredibly naive. - If you are too dumb to see this, - I guarantee that you will have no social life outside of this game. - People like you judge others. You judge quickly and harshly. It's a fast road to being lonely. - I know who never gets invited to parties, YOU!!!!! about the 1st amendment... The First Amendment starts with the words “Congress shall make no law …” Does the First Amendment apply to private companies and organizations? No. The First Amendment applies to the government — to protect individuals from government censorship. While the text of the First Amendment says “Congress shall make no law … abridging the freedom of speech,” it means that no federal, state or local government official can infringe on your free-speech rights. A private company is not a government or state and therefore generally is not subject to the requirements of the First Amendment. http://1forall.us/teach-the-first-amendment/the-first-amendment/#a4 > . It isn't "clear" at all. riot has stated in vry clear terms that rasist remarks such as the one the OP is talking about is not allowed, this is from lyte http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/34rghy/why_does_it_say_the_tribunal_system_has_improved/ > We have very specific definitions of what it means to be negative, neutral, or positive. > > Negative: these are players that are consistently verbally abusive, or consistently have signs of racism, sexism or homophobia in their language. In League today, less than 1% of players fit this bucket. On average, these players could show negative behaviors in as high as 25% of their games. i dont feel continuing this conversation is helping anything so i believe i will stop here and leave it at we have different opinions on the OP's topic
Attacking your opinion is not a personal attack. Calling you fat and ugly is a personal attack, see the difference? Notice the context of all those statements. What's clear is your usage of grammar and punctuation is so atrocious that you aren't worth arguing with. You try to keep your moral high ground, even though you have none. As far as the 1st amendment, it applies in the context of how the world works. Thank you for your elementary interpretation of the first amendment. Once again, you will not be banned from society (jailed, for example), for speech. The first amendment applies in the context of how the world works, not that Riot is breaking it. Do you understand? Nothing in that quote from Riot is clear. It is all vague. Just because it says "specific" doesn't mean it is. Work on your reading comprehension.
: no actually i was comparing reporting a crime like a mugging to you saying > Since when is telling on someone respectable behavior? Nobody likes a tattletale, except in league. reporting a crime is "tattletaling" > "behaving in a way that is offensive" is not the same for everyone you are correct, which is why i said we are following the TOS, the guidelines, the rules... which are the same for everyone and which riot has very clearly stated that certain things are offensive to the community and to riot as a game company, and are not allowed the 1st amendment has little to do with this matter your personal attacks on me are unneeded for this conversation, i have an opinion you have yours, please stop personally attacking me, and i would love to continue this discussion so we can maybe clarify each others personal opinions and maybe make a change in the other person
Where's the personal attack? Are you saying that you are that dumb? Maybe you are too sensitive. You can stop your opinion from being challenged by keeping it to yourself. If you share it, somebody might disagree. Tough shit, I am under no obligation to respect your asinine opinion. The 1st Amendment is literally how the world (or at least America) works. That's why it applies. You skipped over the part about all those rules being vague and very wordy. It isn't "clear" at all. It uses vague descriptive terms for behavior, and provides zero concrete examples. Reporting a crime, and reporting everyone that offends your moral code are two different things. The fact that you think that swearing in a video game is comparable to a crime is telling. Get your priorities straight. I know who never gets invited to parties, YOU!!!!!
: > [{quoted}](name=BigNasty3000,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=RB3E2EAA,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2015-05-29T13:51:12.976+0000) > > What's annoying is the fact that you constantly have to worry about offending someone in this game. This isn't how the world works, and I'm not sure why you people think that everyone is beholden to your sense of morals. Riot is preparing a generation of kids for a hard life. Since when is telling on someone respectable behavior? Nobody likes a tattletale, except in league. what is annoying to me is that people think behaving in a way that is offensive is acceptable. that is not how the world works. I also dont know why you think we should be beholden to your morals, we are following the TOS, the guidelines, the rules... not a moral argument, although a moral argument could be made i suppose. life if going to be very hard for the next generation if they think they can act any which way in real life and have no consequences for their actions, reporting violators of rules and laws is a civic duty, that personally i take very seriously, i have personally assisted in many emergency's because i report, and provide aid when able... if you were being mugged, assaulted, violated, or were in need of help.... would you want someone to tattle to authorities to assist you?
Mugged? A better example would be if someone gave me the finger while driving. Do you think the cops would care? You are comparing in game squabbles to muggings and assault. Not even close to a fair comparison. "behaving in a way that is offensive" is not the same for everyone, and the fact that you don't understand that leads me to believe you are too young to have an actual worldview that isn't incredibly naive. The entire bs summoners code is a moral argument. It's also very long and vague, so that it covers anyone being banned at any time. If you are too dumb to see this, I feel bad for you. If you tell on everyone, I guarantee that you will have no social life outside of this game. People like you judge others. You judge quickly and harshly. It's a fast road to being lonely. Have you read the 1st amendment? It says that IRL, I can say whatever the fuck I want, and not be banned from society. That's how the real world works. Maybe you'd be more comfortable under ISIS, where they punish you heavily for saying "offensive things."
: Inappropriate Words
What's annoying is the fact that you constantly have to worry about offending someone in this game. This isn't how the world works, and I'm not sure why you people think that everyone is beholden to your sense of morals. Riot is preparing a generation of kids for a hard life. Since when is telling on someone respectable behavior? Nobody likes a tattletale, except in league.
Show more

BigNasty3000

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion