: i really hate the mentality ranked breeds in players
It's interesting how little of this we find in real life sports, it's still there but not in the same way.
: > [{quoted}](name=HideSide,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WKqY1VbQ,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-12-24T02:43:57.069+0000) > > Ye, because in early she does even more dmg than most adcs... That's why I said she's the best anti-hook support in the current meta. There's other options, but she's the best so why wouldn't you play her.
I am one trick leo and I concur.
: Morgana. But anyone playing a engage based champion will ban her every time because she is their only really counter now.
And if they do they cowards and deserve to get smacked on.~~
Kythers (NA)
: wait i misread the post {{champion:412}} this guys release is when everything started going to shit
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nyvaABEt,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-16T03:37:05.047+0000) > > wait i misread the post > > {{champion:412}} this guys release is when everything started going to shit Bro you're nutty if think thresh was the starting point, I'll give it to you that patch nearly killed my potato back then but he wasnt the reason league started going bad. Pretty sure that was Yasuo who did it.
rujitra (NA)
: But see, it wasn’t a new player. Your account was labeled as having good skill because you let someone with good skill play on it.
One game can throw off your whole matchmaking. Back in the day it wasn't so rough, but you know live and learn if you need a friend to play with throw me an invite.
Mradr (NA)
: ***
This may invalidate what I have to say but usually as a one trick support who just brawls my way to a win, but the one thing I have learned is that even 45 seconds with vision can kill your lead. So 1-2 minutes may be a lot more detrimental than you may think. Also new tanl support items at lower levels give less gold when executing minions and because there's no way to boost it by buying the next upgrade it ends up creating that new gap of 1-2. I'm not a fan to be honest.
: Got it. Thank you so much! I'll take note of that and be more cautious in the future. What should I do with this account if I make a new one? Any advice?
Kuro SF (NA)
: I don't understand how this is related. Nothing I've said has anything to do with how long it takes to get wards. The support item is nerfing the gold a support gets by catching a wave mid/late game. Instead of getting ~25g per creep, we (eventually) get 6g per creep because of the support item. I'm saying that this is fine during laning phase, when your ADC should be the one CSing. However, when the game evolves, and I'm running around catching waves that are crashing, or there is a teamfight in lane and my spells are blowing away creeps, or my mid/ADC/top afks and I need to be the carry, or who knows what else, I need to get the full gold value for the creeps. Otherwise the support item is a liability not an assistance. Two ways to do this would be to (a) make the diminishing return only apply until the support item is fully upgraded (to it's final state), or (b) make the diminishing return only apply when friendlies are nearby. Neither of them completely solves the problem.
Think he's talking about how support items are now, on average before if a support was efficient they could have wards by 9ish minutes now it takes almost until 15ish because of how diminutive the gold gain on the first support item is only for it to just turn into a regular old sightstone later on. Which in a way was just him commenting on the added affect the new support items including what you said.
: After just over a year of balancing, Riot was able to get Akali's presence at worlds from 80% to 87%
Well I mean that's akali at the highest level. And I don't see her too often normally but I'd imagine those who play akali put in the "thousand hours". My own opinion is when did we stop talking about the skill and dedication it takes to play champs at the degree required to be good or visibly op with them.
: There has been like, one good victorious skin and that's morgana. All the others are average at best. Nothing new here.
> [{quoted}](name=Cronofuge,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pbMWlgxp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-06T17:10:52.219+0000) > > There has been like, one good victorious skin and that's morgana. All the others are average at best. Nothing new here. Elise and Janna you blind bat.
: > [{quoted}](name=BigfootNamedYeti,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kWNXBekh,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-04T01:40:01.527+0000) > > It was a riot employee running it down mid. I don't remember it being a Riot employee running it down. Gonna need some sauce for that.
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kWNXBekh,comment-id=00030000000000000002,timestamp=2019-11-04T03:22:39.878+0000) > > I don't remember it being a Riot employee running it down. Gonna need some sauce for that. There was a video that got pulled I think within a day of it's release. I'm sure that seems beyond unreliable now but it was a riot employee playing anivia.
: > [{quoted}](name=BigfootNamedYeti,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kWNXBekh,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-04T01:40:01.527+0000) > > It was a riot employee running it down mid. See my second sentence.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kWNXBekh,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-04T01:45:49.313+0000) > > See my second sentence. In a full fives group, k.
: > [{quoted}](name=huhndog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kWNXBekh,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-11-04T01:25:56.030+0000) > > The ban was Dunkey's last straw though. Riot did not treat him right as a top league player at the time. The game he got banned for happened because they had a player running down mid because they did not get their way. Tbh flaming that person is justified on all counts. And it would get you banned now just as much as it got Dunkey banned then. The rule against flaming people doesn't have an asterisk followed by, "...unless you think they're trolling."
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kWNXBekh,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-11-04T01:37:26.078+0000) > > And it would get you banned now just as much as it got Dunkey banned then. > > The rule against flaming people doesn't have an asterisk followed by, "...unless you think they're trolling." It was a riot employee running it down mid.
: They banned Dunkey for being toxic. And when he wanted to be unbanned to finish his [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjzgbZL12VI), they told him that it isn't going to happen because he is toxic. Since then, they have parted ways. I don't see them remembering him in good faith for what he _did_ compared to who _are_, right now. Tyler1 is the perfect poster boy for all the toxic players out there. Once a toxic player who went through 22 banned accounts. To now, someone who is minting money while promoting League of Legends on Twitch. Lots of people who _are_ or _used_ to be toxic may be on their way to being _reformed_ while watching their favorite idol on twitch. He is an inspiration for those who have anger issues and play League. It works because they want less toxicity, less reports and less of a headache. Can you imagine the number of reports they probably get daily?! All the work force required to sort this out? And you guys are forgetting one thing! The reason why Tyler1 got unbanned was not only because of the player support but because of that one Riot employee who was snitched out for calling tyler1 a _homunculus_ on discord. Its quite rare for Riot to otherwise unban toxic players, especially streamers. I guess, Tyler1 should be indirectly grateful to that ex(?) Riot Employee or else he wouldn't be here today. Famous on twitch? Yes. But on Riot events, Riot's 10 year anniversary or with increasing number of viewers on twitch? Nope! So, in conclusion. Unlike Dunkey who is still banned and not playing League at all, Tyler1 never gave up on trying to play his favorite game despite being toxic. Given, he was really lucky and that one unfortunate Riot employee ended up being mince meat for allowing him back in with a clean slate as a way to make up for what he was called by someone representing their company. He has since worked his way through and done his best to be as reformed as possible. I think that he did deserve it. He just loves the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Yin Yang Taoist,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kWNXBekh,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-03T23:59:17.637+0000) > > They banned Dunkey for being toxic. And when he wanted to be unbanned to finish his [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjzgbZL12VI), they told him that it isn't going to happen because he is toxic. Since then, they have parted ways. I don't see them remembering him in good faith for what he _did_ compared to who _are_, right now. > > Tyler1 is the perfect poster boy for all the toxic players out there. Once a toxic player who went through 22 banned accounts. To now, someone who is minting money while promoting League of Legends on Twitch. Lots of people who _are_ or _used_ to be toxic may be on their way to being _reformed_ while watching their favorite idol on twitch. He is an inspiration for those who have anger issues and play League. > > It works because they want less toxicity, less reports and less of a headache. Can you imagine the number of reports they probably get daily?! All the work force required to sort this out? > > And you guys are forgetting one thing! The reason why Tyler1 got unbanned was not only because of the player support but because of that one Riot employee who was snitched out for calling tyler1 a _homunculus_ on discord. Its quite rare for Riot to otherwise unban toxic players, especially streamers. I guess, Tyler1 should be indirectly grateful to that ex(?) Riot Employee or else he wouldn't be here today. Famous on twitch? Yes. But on Riot events, Riot's 10 year anniversary or with increasing number of viewers on twitch? Nope! > > So, in conclusion. Unlike Dunkey who is still banned and not playing League at all, Tyler1 never gave up on trying to play his favorite game despite being toxic. Given, he was really lucky and that one unfortunate Riot employee ended up being mince meat for allowing him back in with a clean slate as a way to make up for what he was called by someone representing their company. He has since worked his way through and done his best to be as reformed as possible. I think that he did deserve it. He just loves the game. Dunkey got hit with a two week ban in the middle of working on a video. Was unbanned and was playing with a rioto employee and was banned after that for a month. Since then Dunk decided to not make content anymore which then triggered the same thing from Keyori.
: What do you guys miss most from league?
The community. The everyone of your friends is playing league community. The Dunky/Sky/Keyori/Nightblue community. The I'm gonna be pro one day community.
: Every person deserves a chance at earning that. Don't say to me that just because someone got in on something early that they deserve it more than someone who say, has a million mastery in a champion. Just buying something doesn't have to be how you earn these old skins. But everyone person deserves a chance.
Not everyone deserves a chance for something that was decidedly limited per the decision that's why I'm still mad about Champ Riven. I understand the legacy skins for a chance for people to have them but not the Victorious Skins. The Victorious skins are a symbol of being good(ish)at the game. I understand that season 1 not everyone was playing and it's unfair that no one can have j4 but those were the rules and it comes with the aggravation of not having it. And that's okay.
: Not ONLY does the Aatrox Victorious Skin look bad but....
I may be one trick, but Leona deserved it. Or Brain or Thresh. Give it to a damn support.__
: > [{quoted}](name=Pumpedhero,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=o2s9t8k9,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-24T20:14:49.665+0000) > > Devalues... the skins.. Don't exactly know how people dont understand that. Specially for older skins such as S1-5.. Devalues them alot. WHAT Value!? You can not sell your accounts without getting banned. It is purely valued on a personal level. And NO ONE should be locked out of older skins because they joined at a later date.
There's a lot of pride that comes with being an OG. That's the value, not everything has to be monetary sometimes it's about the blood sweat and tears or in the case of J4 being one of the first. To those that did it in a way it's their Moon Landing, their first kiss, their first anything really. To be honest I'm a huge Elise fan and that spot where I don't have V Elise haunts me for not being good at the game when I could get it.
: > [{quoted}](name=BigfootNamedYeti,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vnkWBIck,comment-id=00010007,timestamp=2019-10-25T05:48:24.365+0000) > > Or you Start to earn tokens after you reach Gold, so you get one at gold 4 and then one after you get to play 4 and so on. Making older Victorious skins cost more so like making V J4 or Janna worth 5 tokens each so you have to really earn it. That's a thought, but I think it just makes things too complicated. My personal thoughts are 1 Token at Gold 4+, another if you're Diamond 4+. This way players can get victorious skins they may have missed while still getting the current season's Victorious skin.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vnkWBIck,comment-id=000100070000,timestamp=2019-10-25T06:38:53.796+0000) > > That's a thought, but I think it just makes things too complicated. > > My personal thoughts are 1 Token at Gold 4+, another if you're Diamond 4+. This way players can get victorious skins they may have missed while still getting the current season's Victorious skin. I feel it, but I just think this idea still devalues the first 2 Victorious skins. They may not be the best being more akin to a 975 skin but there's a certain amount of pride and envy that surround them. A token system would undermine having originally sort of the same way with Championship Riven.
: The biggest reason against Victorious Tokens is that the skins were meant to be earned in the season they were made in. I personally would not be opposed to a Victorious token (especially since I want Victorious Morgana). However, there's not much of a solution to appease the long term players who are still here. If they implemented the token idea, they would need to compensate players for all previous seasons while adding borders for Victorious skins earned in their respective seasons. - Players with Victorious skins prior to token implementation would gain borders for all Victorious skins they possess. - Players gaining borders for Victorious skins in prior seasons are given at least 1 free Victorious token. - Victorious skins released after the implementation of tokens would only grant borders if the token was used in the season they were released in. At least, that's how I see the checklist.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vnkWBIck,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-24T17:57:29.909+0000) > > The biggest reason against Victorious Tokens is that the skins were meant to be earned in the season they were made in. > > I personally would not be opposed to a Victorious token (especially since I want Victorious Morgana). However, there's not much of a solution to appease the long term players who are still here. > > If they implemented the token idea, they would need to compensate players for all previous seasons while adding borders for Victorious skins earned in their respective seasons. > > - Players with Victorious skins prior to token implementation would gain borders for all Victorious skins they possess. > - Players gaining borders for Victorious skins in prior seasons are given at least 1 free Victorious token. > - Victorious skins released after the implementation of tokens would only grant borders if the token was used in the season they were released in. > > At least, that's how I see the checklist. Or you Start to earn tokens after you reach Gold, so you get one at gold 4 and then one after you get to play 4 and so on. Making older Victorious skins cost more so like making V J4 or Janna worth 5 tokens each so you have to really earn it.
: NEW LEAGUE OF LEGENDS CINEMATIC LEAKED!!
Bro, I can't wait till you get what's coming to you. 0.0
Rioter Comments
Pika Fox (NA)
: {{champion:89}} Star Guardian Dark Star Arclight
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=th7AwXB5,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-30T14:25:07.701+0000) > > {{champion:89}} > > Star Guardian > > Dark Star > > Arclight I feel you on that arclight, but I'm going to say shadow isles themed.
: And buffed her Q cd. for some reason.
Yeah but that was after she spent nearly a year nerfed because of aftershock, because God forbid riot fix the real problem.
: Kind of funny to see Blitz at 23% ban and 54% Win rate and Morg at 53% Ban and a 49% Win rate. Two Simple Kits. Two very different results in the games they are allowed to be played. One has an insane win rate. The other drops off a cliff. You'd think that if people didn't ban Blitz, they'd be ready to beat him. Right?
They nerfed Leona's tankiness making her squish as hell, and only buffed her dmg on one ability by 10 dmg. She is by far not as abusive as those others.
Vuuduu (NA)
: ME SEE CHAMPION, ME FIGHT THAT CHAMPION
Rioter Comments
vyoda (NA)
: Support Mains of the Boards: Why do you supp? ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I did it because the praise my friends used to give me, I became a one trick because I like bodying the enemy support. {{champion:89}}
: Just Darkin Stuff
But there are 2 A's in Varus
afmghost (NA)
: They make money by in game purchases, not how many games are played. A "league strike" would honestly help them, as it would put less stress on the servers. If you did one where everyone played as much as possible while keeping their wallets shut, then you might do something. Sadly, as stated above, Asia is where the money is. I'd be surprised if they gave a rat's ass about NA anymore
> [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H9z3OUWp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-14T20:05:39.842+0000) > > They make money by in game purchases, not how many games are played. A "league strike" would honestly help them, as it would put less stress on the servers. > If you did one where everyone played as much as possible while keeping their wallets shut, then you might do something. Sadly, as stated above, Asia is where the money is. I'd be surprised if they gave a rat's ass about NA anymore If they don't give a rats ass about NA cool it just shows that they really have lost their roots as a developer.
Tanerian (NA)
: Here's the truth of it. There is one thing that will reach them, and this isn't it. Speak to them with your wallet, and by that I mean lack thereof. Do not buy RP. The simple fact is, if Eternals makes them money, stuff like that will continue to happen. And why wouldn't it? People complained about event passes, but I see a metric **** ton of Prestige skins and boarders etc. The idea clearly makes them a lot of money. Your anger should be directed at the players who pay for it, honestly. Riot has all the numbers. They know if their playbase drops, what makes money, etc. They wouldn't do something like this if the data didn't suggest it would be a net positive for them.
> [{quoted}](name=Tanerian,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H9z3OUWp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-14T19:51:22.648+0000) > > Here's the truth of it. > > There is one thing that will reach them, and this isn't it. > Speak to them with your wallet, and by that I mean lack thereof. Do not buy RP. > > The simple fact is, if Eternals makes them money, stuff like that will continue to happen. And why wouldn't it? > > People complained about event passes, but I see a metric **** ton of Prestige skins and boarders etc. The idea clearly makes them a lot of money. Your anger should be directed at the players who pay for it, honestly. > > Riot has all the numbers. They know if their playbase drops, what makes money, etc. They wouldn't do something like this if the data didn't suggest it would be a net positive for them. I don't think getting mad at other players would be the correct course of action it only breeds more problems between us. Even one day of players not playing would take away some revenue. Maybe it's a poor idea, but you talk about speaking with your wallet this is a good way to do so taking your business to another game.
: Unfortunately it would be no difference at all. Everyone on the boards combined make up an irrelevant percentage to Riot. Hell even if you got everyone in NA, you still only have a minority as the Asian market puts the NA market to shame with how massive it is. The reality is there is nothing we can do to fix league, and Riot knows this. That's why they have gotten so greedy and unlikable, as they are abusing this fact. All you can do is decide if you are willing to keep playing it as it is, or if Riot has ruined it too much for you to enjoy it. But unfortunately, Riot won't what your decision is either way.
> [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H9z3OUWp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-14T19:30:00.764+0000) > > Unfortunately it would be no difference at all. Everyone on the boards combined make up an irrelevant percentage to Riot. > > Hell even if you got everyone in NA, you still only have a minority as the Asian market puts the NA market to shame with how massive it is. > > The reality is there is nothing we can do to fix league, and Riot knows this. That's why they have gotten so greedy and unlikable, as they are abusing this fact. > > All you can do is decide if you are willing to keep playing it as it is, or if Riot has ruined it too much for you to enjoy it. But unfortunately, Riot won't what your decision is either way. Regardless of how small the wave it always gets bigger.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=BigfootNamedYeti,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TuLpwoXv,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-31T23:44:16.161+0000) > > I hear you, I just enjoy paladins. I think most Targon characters would be war clerics except for Zoe. Hmmm well Leona could easily make a good Paladin of Devotion,Zoe would be a decent Warlock of The Archfey,Diana could be Bard College of Lore so she can get Moonbeam from Druid and from Paladin Branding SMITE!!! Amazing how there are like 15 Cleric Domains and yet Human FIghters are the most common things. Now go SMITE!!! some bitches.
> [{quoted}](name=The Stripy Bag,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TuLpwoXv,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T02:19:12.115+0000) > > Hmmm well Leona could easily make a good Paladin of Devotion,Zoe would be a decent Warlock of The Archfey,Diana could be Bard College of Lore so she can get Moonbeam from Druid and from Paladin Branding SMITE!!! Amazing how there are like 15 Cleric Domains and yet Human FIghters are the most common things. Now go SMITE!!! some bitches. Lol I'm still new to D&D but I dm 2 games and play in 2 others, but Paladins are in my opinion the best class
: > [{quoted}](name=BigfootNamedYeti,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TuLpwoXv,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-31T12:41:34.647+0000) > > Possibly, but Oathbreaker Paladin is all about sheer force of will being more powerful than faith or godly intervention. Okay so I see your point of view.Now the way I can see it going down with a War Cleric though is by working with your DM you can probably get some kind of story where your God in fact dies after a Divine Intervention gone wrong but your faith and willpower alone let's you keep your abilities plus I find the abilities the War Cleric gets fit better with Pantheon's theme than the Oathbreaker's plus while I don't like class descriptions to be one sided but Oathbreakers tend to be dicks. I mean at the end is Pantheon gonna be more of a shadowy blob monster or a super powerful martial warrior?
> [{quoted}](name=The Stripy Bag,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TuLpwoXv,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-31T22:58:34.150+0000) > > Okay so I see your point of view.Now the way I can see it going down with a War Cleric though is by working with your DM you can probably get some kind of story where your God in fact dies after a Divine Intervention gone wrong but your faith and willpower alone let's you keep your abilities plus I find the abilities the War Cleric gets fit better with Pantheon's theme than the Oathbreaker's plus while I don't like class descriptions to be one sided but Oathbreakers tend to be dicks. I mean at the end is Pantheon gonna be more of a shadowy blob monster or a super powerful martial warrior? I hear you, I just enjoy paladins. I think most Targon characters would be war clerics except for Zoe.
: I'm not gonna lie that I've been considering doing a build for him and the thing is it might be ironic but I actually like and think Cleric of the War Domain fits better considering the spells you get and it's a Cleric about going in and f#@king shit up. Maybe Paladin Oath of Vengeance or event a Warlock of the Celestial with Pact of the Blade.
> [{quoted}](name=The Stripy Bag,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TuLpwoXv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-31T09:25:01.624+0000) > > I'm not gonna lie that I've been considering doing a build for him and the thing is it might be ironic but I actually like and think Cleric of the War Domain fits better considering the spells you get and it's a Cleric about going in and f#@king shit up. Maybe Paladin Oath of Vengeance or event a Warlock of the Celestial with Pact of the Blade. Possibly, but Oathbreaker Paladin is all about sheer force of will being more powerful than faith or godly intervention.
Rioter Comments
: It sure doesn't feel like Riot wants you to climb in ranked
I once went from bronze 1-5 and then up to Gold over the span of a couple of weeks, fuck shield meta. {{champion:89}} ONLY SHIELD I NEED
Riot Pls (NA)
: Hey! Morde's writer here. Appreciate you sharing your thoughts! A couple thoughts to share back. First, know that with any champion rework, we first seek to understand as deeply as possible what makes a champion great, what excites players about that champion, and what are the core essences that define who that champion is. From there, we set out to craft their place in wider Runeterra. Any change has the potential to be painful. Know that the folks on the team are all highly passionate players and story geeks to the Nth degree; no change was made lightly, and no expansion or shifted emphasis was done without heavy thought and robust discussion. One of the things I most appreciate about being at Riot is the space and time we give projects to do things as right as possible. Do we miss the mark sometimes? Well, to be human is to err. (Unless you're Mordekaiser. Then you just cease being human. :P) But I am grateful to have teams who are super passionate and knowledgeable all working to craft something to share that excites us and, we hope, the players that love this content. Onto some Morde specific thoughts: 1) Mordekaiser is an extremely accomplished necromancer - a soul of iron will and arcane power, and a warlord of deep intellect. Mordekaiser defied death by sheer force of will - a feat literally no other mortal on Runeterra had accomplished. The ghosts of the Shadow Isles are in the living realm because of a magical catastrophe; Mordekaiser _refused to accept the reality around him_. He gained necromantic powers in the death realm by listening to the maddening whispers of souls and *deciphering an unspoken language* over untold time, teaching himself Ochnun. (I barely learned some broken Spanish after 4 years of studying, so, uh, there's that.) Through those profane whispers, he also figured out how to speak across the veil of death and deceive mortals into thinking they could bring him back and bind him to their will - only to slaughter them all. Once returned, he didn't kill without a plan, despite what his enemies thought: > To his foes, it seemed he cared only for massacre and destruction. Entire generations perished under his relentless campaigns. > However, there was far more to Mordekaiser’s plan. He raised the Immortal Bastion at the center of his empire; while most assumed it was merely a seat of power, some came to know the secrets it held. Mordekaiser hungered for all the forbidden knowledge of spirits and death, and a true understanding of the realm… or realms… beyond. Mordekaiser sought out more arcane knowledge about the dead and about spirits, growing his necromantic powers while doing what he did best in his first life - conquering - all to serve his bigger purpose. He also built an impossible physical monument to his power that has secrets yet untold. And all of that empowered him to harvest souls, grow his necromantic power, and build an army of spirits bound to his will. It takes a necromancer of some power to exert such control. Also, Mordekaiser's rebuke of death was so thorough that he learned how to forge his own afterlife and realm. He is a necromancer not bound to physical totems or phylacteries, but has managed to reject the very cycle of life and death that seemed his destiny. 2) Mordekaiser is the warlord that inspired the entire Noxian empire. Take a look at his quote: "Destiny. Domination. Deceit." You might find it maps to the Noxian / Trifarix principles of strength: "Vision, Might, Guile." Consciously or not, Mordekaiser's legacy spawned an entire culture that emulated his conquests and his philosophies. Yet to him, Noxians are a watered down imitation of his previous glory. At the same time, to every day Noxians, his legacy as a conqueror is of mythic proportions - legends so big, they are hard to believe as history. (A real world comparison is the Romulus and Remus mythos around the founding of Rome.) 3) Mordekaiser is an unstoppable threat and a major force that looms over Runeterra. His first return, when his necromantic powers were new, resulted in a massive period of tyrannical rule that took both betrayal from within and united enemies from without to stop him. Now, he has amassed an army of souls, collected powerful arcane knowledge, and has plans and machinations in place... 4) There was a lot of discussion that led to Morde no longer being associated with the Shadow Isles. It was not a decision we made lightly. In fact, I originally argued against it, but came to agree with our narrative lead and lead editor on why it is the stronger story choice. Ultimately, we made the call due to a number of factors: **Death magic and necromancers exist beyond the Shadow Isles.** Runeterra is a big place, with a long history. The Shadow Isles was just one (albeit enormous) cataclysmic event that caused a specific area of Runeterra to become frozen in time, and to have a very specific form of undeath permeate the land. Ultimately, Mordekaiser's old connection to Shadow Isles felt primarily driven by a feeling that we had to shoehorn him into our "ghost faction". In our current storytelling efforts, we're interested in expanding our factions out beyond some of those wide (and as a result flat) characterizations that were made in years past. Another great example of this is how Demacia is more than just "the good guys" faction, as seen in how they deal with their relationship to magic, brought to the forefront with Sylas and Lux's story (shameless comic plug here - go read it!). **Questions of geography / narrative complexity** In terms of our geography, Shadow Isles is far flung from where the Immortal Bastion is. (Yay, Runeterra Map!) While I loved the idea that it took taking Morde's remains across the world to prevent him from returning, ultimately it felt honoring Morde's connections to the Immortal Bastion yielded more rich storytelling space. It also simplified a narrative beat in his backstory, allowing me to zero in on his arc and agency, rather than a moment of denied choice where outside forces moved him, and then an outside cataclysm happened to bring him back. **I wanted Mordekaiser to shed all mortal weakness.** A big guiding star for me was the question, "what makes Morde metal and terrifying and unique?" How do we take "necromantic warlord" and push him to an 11? One answer that excited us - rather than having a physical weakness of his mortal remains, what if he shed just about everything that made him remotely human? To me, his title, "The Iron Revenant," served a lot of inspiration in this regard, and further cemented the pivot away from his remains being a major weakness or vulnerability. 5) For a character like Mordekaiser, who spans massive swaths of Runeterra's timeline and history, his story has large impacts on larger reaching histories and stories we are setting up to tell. Clarifying and focusing Mordekaiser's story in allows us to help make greater sense of many other characters and champs. Some stories are just subtle hints right now, breadcrumbs that I can't wait to explore more fully in other outlets than just Mordekaiser's bio. This leads to some more general thoughts in regards to writing for Riot and League: 6) A huge challenge of being a narrative writer on League of Legends is the space in which we get to tell the story of a champion. In game, the main narrative outlet is a champ's voiceover script - a very specific set of lines, with very tight gameplay constraints on length. It definitely has its strengths and weaknesses as a storytelling expression. Out of game, we have a champ's biography and color story. A bio is, by its nature, more summary than story, more exposition told as evocatively as possible than scene-driven in depth storytelling. Our color stories are also a very specific length, and are crafted to give a very specific snapshot of the champion in action. With a champ that's larger than life like Mordekaiser, this means that there's much that remains untold in full, many details that must be summarized, and TONS of story space that is ripe for deeper exploration in future storytelling endeavors. And honestly, that's part of the joy as well - leaving tantalizing questions for players to ask, to explore, to theorize, and to discover. For now, I have to leave Mordekaiser with his Bio, VO, and color story. But if players are excited to learn more about his history, I hope we'll have more opportunities to expand and explore as we continue to strive as a narrative team to help move Runeterra's events forward in time. Whew, this got quite long - apologies! I hope these thoughts were interesting, and helped to answer a bit of the question "why did his lore have to change?" as well as address some of your feelings that he isn't the epic, metal champ he was! Thanks for reading and caring about Mordekaiser, this game, and our world and story as much as you do, and sharing that with us. :)
What happens when a small girl stabs him with a knife does she auto win? Doe she stop the oncoming tide of undead or just this one. How terrifying could he be if there's a possibility that a small child could win?
cars3n (NA)
: ezreal has more
> [{quoted}](name=Thaum1568,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4a7hTBJW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-30T22:07:48.551+0000) > > ezreal has more So does MF and many other but they both got skins this past year and I just forgot to put ezreal
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Amor Omnia ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dOnG7YHH,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-25T20:15:57.830+0000) > > A NFL player beating the crap out of middle school liners. actually it's common practice for Professional atheletes to play a bit in lower leagues when they perform poorly. I wouldn't know about NFL, but I believe it happens regularly in baseball and hockey. the only thing I'd argue is wrong about this is when the high elo player gloats about beating the low elo ones and flame them.
> [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dOnG7YHH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-25T21:28:36.499+0000) > > actually it's common practice for Professional atheletes to play a bit in lower leagues when they perform poorly. > I wouldn't know about NFL, but I believe it happens regularly in baseball and hockey. > > the only thing I'd argue is wrong about this is when the high elo player gloats about beating the low elo ones and flame them. It's more the equivalent of a pro pushing around a college kid, middle school just seems way too much of an exaggeration.
: do you always use runon sentences or do you only do it online I personally dont really like reading runon sentences it drives me crazy I never learned proper grammar lol most likely because im 13 and I think I should be able to post whatever i want I'm thinking of getting some chocolate milk later it makes my teeth feel gritty I like grapes.
Yeah I do. Understandably I should in fact separate my thoughts because I often write as I would speak and that is absurdly annoying to read.
Rioter Comments
iTaLenTZ (EUW)
: Thank you Morello for all the wonderful years you gave us
Agreed. Also Gypsylords design were some of the most fun to play with and against.
: Is YOUR name OFFENSIVE???????
: Definitely not Rakan and Definitely not Xayah
Or a skin where rakan didn't coordinate with xayah for the costume party so he's just wearing dressup clothes because no one told him it was a costume party and Xayah went as Sneaky
Rioter Comments
: Apex looks to be taking Fortnight's Crown by purely being a better game. Maybe that's Leagues Secret
: >But outside looking into the state of things as viewed by the boards Well there's your problem - you're expecting the boards to say anything remotely useful about the actual state of the game. It could be literally perfect and they'd COME UP with problems about it.
True that, I'm just wondering why people are ticked.
Show more

BigfootNamedYeti

Level 129 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion