: Sorry you have to deal with these type of people OP. Best bet is the moment someone makes any comment gender related is to just ignore them. Mute if you need. League has a lot of toxic people but they'll always find something to comment on no matter what it is. But no, you aren't alone.
> [{quoted}](name=Talons Girl,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-02-25T21:34:24.178+0000) > > Sorry you have to deal with these type of people OP. Best bet is the moment someone makes any comment gender related is to just ignore them. Mute if you need. League has a lot of toxic people but they'll always find something to comment on no matter what it is. But no, you aren't alone. Thank you. It's good to know I'm not the only one this happens to.
: > [{quoted}](name=Blade Vixen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T19:15:50.538+0000) > > I'm glad you have good games and never see this happen. I'm sure it doesn't happen for anyone else either.
> [{quoted}](name=Brony Gaymer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-25T19:21:02.010+0000) > > I'm sure it doesn't happen for anyone else either. I wish it didnt happen to anyone. That would be great.
Jikker (NA)
: I play with my husband every night and have literally never run into this even as someone who mains support. If you don't mind my asking, how did they know you were a girl?
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-02-25T19:19:48.591+0000) > > I play with my husband every night and have literally never run into this even as someone who mains support. > > If you don't mind my asking, how did they know you were a girl? They assumed it before the game started, because my summoner name is Blade Vixen. They asked me several times in game if it was sad that they knew I was an egirl before the game started. I never answered is why they asked several times.
: > [{quoted}](name=Blade Vixen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T19:15:50.538+0000) > > I'm glad you have good games and never see this happen. also i know you are a girl cuz i gave you the damn name {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T19:17:05.857+0000) > > also i know you are a girl cuz i gave you the damn name > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} Yes, I know you did. <3
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Brony Gaymer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=00010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T17:36:41.385+0000) > > Until you find some proof you seem like a troll, sorry to say. Very outrageous claims and all the people in all my games were nice. I'm glad you have good games and never see this happen.
: Look, just gonna say, I'm a conservative white male. I don't believe in modern feminism's tenets because it goes too far, more towards revenge and lies, but I don't want to get too deep into that. What I do want to say is that the OP is right, a lit of guys are jerks to girls simply through disrespect. Those guys are more like animals than fully developed human beings. Like, if a girl wants to play and enjoy league, treat her like you'd treat any guy. It's not feminism, it's just common sense respect
> [{quoted}](name=kingDeDeDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-02-25T17:32:09.870+0000) > > Look, just gonna say, I'm a conservative white male. I don't believe in modern feminism's tenets because it goes too far, more towards revenge and lies, but I don't want to get too deep into that. What I do want to say is that the OP is right, a lit of guys are jerks to girls simply through disrespect. Those guys are more like animals than fully developed human beings. Like, if a girl wants to play and enjoy league, treat her like you'd treat any guy. It's not feminism, it's just common sense respect Thank you for this.
CLG ear (NA)
: are u hot tho
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:53:41.896+0000) > > are u hot tho What does that matter?
: > [{quoted}](name=Blade Vixen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:08:21.734+0000) > > I did not. I never mention my gender to anyone in games. The first sentence of that game was from them saying "Egirl Alert". They were just being bullies. If you want to make highly improbable claims like that you should provide proof. Then we can better assess the situation :)
> [{quoted}](name=Brony Gaymer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:28:28.366+0000) > > If you want to make highly improbable claims like that you should provide proof. Then we can better assess the situation :) I dont think you can see the chat in a downloaded recording of the game. So I have no proof to offer but my husbands witness account.
: > [{quoted}](name=Blade Vixen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:16:53.940+0000) > > I'm not publicly shaming men. This isn't even about men. It's about me and venting/seeking advice for this situation. But I am sorry you feel that way about it. Well, you did *assume* that the people harassing you were men, assuming they were teenagers due to their behavior, proceeded to call them "lovely" multiple times throughout the thread sarcastically, and then asked why men don't have to suffer, as if only women are the target of bullying.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:27:59.052+0000) > > Well, you did *assume* that the people harassing you were men, assuming they were teenagers due to their behavior, proceeded to call them "lovely" multiple times throughout the thread sarcastically, and then asked why men don't have to suffer, as if only women are the target of bullying. Most of the time it is "lovely" teenage boys who I have to deal with in these situations. I also asked the men's suffering question because I do not see it. But again, I'm sorry you feel that way. I meant no offense to you, or anyone else.
: > [{quoted}](name=Blade Vixen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:03:49.504+0000) > > I actually didnt (and never do) say anything about my gender. Vixen is a reference to a female. That's most likely where they get the idea that you're female.
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:20:38.646+0000) > > Vixen is a reference to a female. That's most likely where they get the idea that you're female. Thank you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Blade Vixen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:12:37.857+0000) > > Yes, I am. I did not deny the fact that I was a girl to them. And for this post, it felt relevant to me to let you know I am female. Normally people don't confirm or deny anything that isn't game related. If you focus on the game nobody would even know that you are an egirl much less mention it. You should, in the future, avoid spamming the pre game lobby with "I am a girl so I only like to play female champions" or soliciting assistance to climb etc
> [{quoted}](name=Brony Gaymer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=00040000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:34:06.803+0000) > > Normally people don't confirm or deny anything that isn't game related. If you focus on the game nobody would even know that you are an egirl much less mention it. You should, in the future, avoid spamming the pre game lobby with "I am a girl so I only like to play female champions" or soliciting assistance to climb etc Why would I even do that? It was a normal game I was enjoying with my husband. I dont need to go so low as to spam lobby that I'm a girl to get free rides.
: > [{quoted}](name=General Matty,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:38:35.292+0000) > > Can you provide any evidence that this happened? No they cannot.
> [{quoted}](name=Brony Gaymer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:43:27.668+0000) > > No they cannot. I sent the report to riot. That's really all that matters.
: > [{quoted}](name=Blade Vixen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:08:21.734+0000) > > I did not. I never mention my gender to anyone in games. The first sentence of that game was from them saying "Egirl Alert". They were just being bullies. And that first sentence was where you mute them then and get on with your game. Someone saying "egirl alert" isn't bullying. It's just an asshole being an asshole. And if they WERE trying to be bullies, if you responded to it with anything except "I'm going to mute you and report you if you continue this behavior," you were simply feeding into their attempts to get under your skin. Shut it down early so you are not affected by it. Two words from some idiot on the internet is not going to ruin your entire game, but if you let it continue without muting them, it will. To quote Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:19:44.801+0000) > > And that first sentence was where you mute them then and get on with your game. Someone saying "egirl alert" isn't bullying. It's just an asshole being an asshole. And if they WERE trying to be bullies, if you responded to it with anything except "I'm going to mute you and report you if you continue this behavior," you were simply feeding into their attempts to get under your skin. Shut it down early so you are not affected by it. Two words from some idiot on the internet is not going to ruin your entire game, but if you let it continue without muting them, it will. To quote Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Thank you for the advice. From now on, this is exactly what I will do.
: Can you provide any evidence that this happened?
> [{quoted}](name=General Matty,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:38:35.292+0000) > > Can you provide any evidence that this happened? I dont have screenshots if that's what you are asking. Why is it so hard to believe that I didnt spam chat with "I'm a girl". I never do. The best proof I can give you is my friends/husbands witness accounts.
: > And why is it that guys who main Male champions dont have to suffer? You'd be surprised how much hate men get simply from the fact that they are men. I mean, this thread was just public shaming of men in general.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:12:57.676+0000) > > You'd be surprised how much hate men get simply from the fact that they are men. > > I mean, this thread was just public shaming of men in general. I'm not publicly shaming men. This isn't even about men. It's about me and venting/seeking advice for this situation. But I am sorry you feel that way about it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Brony Gaymer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:05:15.926+0000) > > You told us that you are female here just like you told them or they wouldn't know you were an egirl. Are you being entirely honest with us here? Yes, I am. I did not deny the fact that I was a girl to them. And for this post, it felt relevant to me to let you know I am female.
> [{quoted}](name=Blade Vixen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:12:37.857+0000) > > Yes, I am. I did not deny the fact that I was a girl to them. And for this post, it felt relevant to me to let you know I am female. Also, I am not an Egirl. That's the point of why this bothers me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Blade Vixen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:03:49.504+0000) > > I actually didnt (and never do) say anything about my gender. The first sentence in the game was from them saying "Egirl Alert". I also asked the same question of "why does my gender matter?" You told us that you are female here just like you told them or they wouldn't know you were an egirl. Are you being entirely honest with us here?
> [{quoted}](name=Brony Gaymer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T16:05:15.926+0000) > > You told us that you are female here just like you told them or they wouldn't know you were an egirl. Are you being entirely honest with us here? Yes, I am. I did not deny the fact that I was a girl to them. And for this post, it felt relevant to me to let you know I am female.
: Well if they started right off the bat being assholes, that's where you issue a warning - "One more time, I mute you." Of course, they'll probably say something else, so you mute them, and end it at that. It's always best to mute assholes early before they tilt you to the point of no return, and then report them afterwards. I've had my fair share of people being dicks and I do this. However, one thing I'm curious about though, how do they 100% know you're a girl? I too play support, and female ones at that (Nami, Janna, Zyra, Morgana, etc), and my username is based on a flower, yet I've never been accused of or talked down to because people have assumed I'm an "egirl." I'm a guy, and to date, for 5 years of playing this game, no one has anyone ever assumed I was a girl in game. Are you telling them you're a girl? Are you saying things that may seem goading to them to cause them come at you with these accusations?
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-25T15:33:57.601+0000) > > Well if they started right off the bat being assholes, that's where you issue a warning - "One more time, I mute you." Of course, they'll probably say something else, so you mute them, and end it at that. It's always best to mute assholes early before they tilt you to the point of no return, and then report them afterwards. > I've had my fair share of people being dicks and I do this. > > However, one thing I'm curious about though, how do they 100% know you're a girl? I too play support, and female ones at that (Nami, Janna, Zyra, Morgana, etc), and my username is based on a flower, yet I've never been accused of or talked down to because people have assumed I'm an "egirl." I'm a guy, and to date, for 5 years of playing this game, no one has anyone ever assumed I was a girl in game. Are you telling them you're a girl? Are you saying things that may seem goading to them to cause them come at you with these accusations? I did not. I never mention my gender to anyone in games. The first sentence of that game was from them saying "Egirl Alert". They were just being bullies.
: > [{quoted}](name=Blade Vixen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-25T15:27:48.810+0000) > > So I played a normal game a few night ago with my hubby, and we got put with a "lovely" group of boys. I think they were teenagers, but who knows. Anyway, I will just go ahead and let you know that I am a female, I enjoy playing female champions, and I main support. So, of course these are all the descriptions of an "Egirl". But I do not stream, I do not play naked, and I do not ask for money. I just enjoy LoL and playing/spending time with my husband. Anyway, as the game starts, these "lovely" boys decide to immediately label me as an "Egirl". I tried to ignore them, but it was constant. Everytime I said something positive in chat, or helped get a kill, these boys bullied me. Of course, they received a lovely report from my husband and I after the game. But is this really necessary? Can girls not enjoy playing games as much as guys do? And why is it that guys who main Male champions dont have to suffer? Why is there so much hate in this game? Are there any other girls out there who have had to deal with this? I don't see why your gender has to have anything to do with your gameplay. You should play normally and not start any drama in game. Don't talk about your gender, instead, talk about strategy or something. Words of wisdom, the nail that sticks out the most is the one who gets hammered back.
> [{quoted}](name=Brony Gaymer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t9KUnvZX,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-25T15:57:59.301+0000) > > I don't see why your gender has to have anything to do with your gameplay. You should play normally and not start any drama in game. Don't talk about your gender, instead, talk about strategy or something. Words of wisdom, the nail that sticks out the most is the one who gets hammered back. I actually didnt (and never do) say anything about my gender. The first sentence in the game was from them saying "Egirl Alert". I also asked the same question of "why does my gender matter?"
: Muting is extremely powerful. People talk shit all the time, but you have ALL tools at your disposal to make them stop. Complete silence is 3 clicks away. Mute pings, emotes and their chat if it bothers you. Most of the time the victims give the bullies more things to attack them with. Why admit to being a girl? Did they hit a sore spot? Why would they stop now that they've seen how effective it was? That kind of thing.
You are exactly right. I should use the mute button more. I still do wish ppl weren't so hateful tho.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Ðïana (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Blade Vixen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=F2Ww7NPi,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-11-28T17:13:41.803+0000) > > Thank you so much for your comment. I completely agree with you. Rank doesnt mean anything. All it means to me is free rewards at the end of the season. :3 Anyway, I do want to enjoy the game again. I started playing in season 4 with hubby before we married. He got me hooked on it and we've played it together ever since... well until recently. It was our favorite game and we've both put so much time into it. I feel guilty for not enjoying it anymore. So I made this post to get some feedback from others to maybe help me figure out what changed. Have you tried doing the 1-2 trick life for awhile? It's a whole different challenge trying to figure out how to win every situation always with the same champion. If nothing else, it might just be time to move on, we all move on from things eventually. A short break might be all you need, finding another game to play together for a month or two(FF14 is great for a month or two if you've never played it, and you enjoy MMO style games, as a couple.) He should understand that you're bored with the game, not him. :)
I've been playing MMORPGs myself, but atm I cant get him interested in any. He just doesnt want to play any right now. We play Heroes of the Storm sometimes together. I enjoy it. But I think I will try getting back into LoL and just focus on playing who I enjoy playing.
Ririx (NA)
: I used to like the game a lot, playing for 12+ hours a day before I was working. Now even on my days off I don't really want to touch League. I get urges to play, log in, and then realize that there is a 90%+ chance I'll have to deal with an unpleasant team. I can deal with the changes they throw out butI feel stuck in the way I can build the champions I want to play. I mostly support but that doesn't mean I want to build support-ish items all the time. Sometimes, depending on how the game is going I can stray from typical builds. Other times, when I do build whatever I want, I get flamed, even if it's within reason and not completely outlandish like Critraka or AD Zyra or whatever. The game can be far too much of a snowball which is seemingly what they wanted. They keep bouncing between pushing for shorter games and seemingly longer, more balanced games. It's not working. For instance, the recent changes to runes boosted a lot of the ADCs to being complete powerhouses right at the start. With a good support you can easily push in bot lane by 8 minutes. It's frustrating. I obviously don't want to play a 40+ minute game, but I don't want to be in a 17 min game that wan't fun to be in due to lack of balance.
You sound a lot like me. I used to play a lot solo, but now I dont even want to think about it. So I completely understand how that feels. I get the urges too. I try to just ignore them. But I would like to play again if just to play with my hubby. I'm just having a hard time finding the fun again.
Ðïana (NA)
: I honestly still have a blast playing league. It's probably the most enjoyable part of my average day. I've played since late season 2, early season 3 - And enjoyed it the entire time. Sure, there's changes I don't agree with now and then, or the occasional champ or item or whatever that feels over powered for a bit - But as a whole, the game feels like it continually improves, and provides new content(Champions and skins.) It's important to remember - You're not going to be pro. Your rank means nothing. Literally. Who cares if you're diamond and someone else is bronze? It's a video game that you both enjoy. If you lose some games, you lose some games. You play because you enjoy it, win or lose. Increasing your rank is great, and showing it off in game is great... But it's not like it actually gets you anything. You don't get an improved life due to it. There's no reason to let it consume you. If an item is busted, oh well, it happens - It'll get fixed in some manner, it always does. Same with a champion, or spell, or whatever. Maybe it's just that I'm a 1-trick, and I play into terrible matchups all the time anyway, so a lot of stuff can feel "Broken" to me, regardless of how the game is around me. Then again, that might also be why I've enjoyed the game all this time. I have my champion that I enjoy playing, and she is who I pick. Period. 600+ games with her this past season, 20 with my second highest picked champion. This means that regardless of whether it's a good matchup or bad, she's who I'm picking. I really enjoy when I manage to beat a lane counter, or a "broken whatever", or carry a game. I enjoy finding a new build path for my champion that can work in certain matchups, a new rune set that can help tip the scales. If I get beaten I get beaten, the only way to get better is to play against better. It's a team game, if it bothers you that sometimes the game is out of your control, you're in the wrong game. You're 20% of a team, and sometimes that other 80% is going to have a rough time and you'll lose. On the flipside, you're 20% less likely to have a bad player on your team, if you're not a bad player, due to the fact that you take up a slot. Meaning you win more games due to trolls/inters than you lose, whether it feels that way or not. Basically I'm just saying(TL;DR) - You have to remember that it's just a game. Even if there is a ranked queue, big deal - It's STILL just a game. Your rank isn't going to get you anything by being higher. It's not going to improve your life in any real way. You're not going to be a pro. For 99.9% of players, anyway. You play this game to have fun, and because you enjoy it. If that isn't true anymore, you might want to look into why, how to fix it, or what to move on to. The community seems to think the game has gone downhill, but you have to remember just how many of us are in game happily playing. You don't see the same players in game all the time, you see new ones every game(At most ranks) - There's enough that you won't see the same person more than a couple times throughout a season in most ranks. The boards however you see most of the same names all the time in the valid discussions about how "bad" the game is, as well as randoms who pop in, complain, and never post again. The boards are the vocal minority in this, tons of us still play the game happily every day.
Thank you so much for your comment. I completely agree with you. Rank doesnt mean anything. All it means to me is free rewards at the end of the season. :3 Anyway, I do want to enjoy the game again. I started playing in season 4 with hubby before we married. He got me hooked on it and we've played it together ever since... well until recently. It was our favorite game and we've both put so much time into it. I feel guilty for not enjoying it anymore. So I made this post to get some feedback from others to maybe help me figure out what changed.
Hotarµ (NA)
: I still love the game as a whole, but there are a few elements that I dislike so much that it just tanks the whole experience for me. I'm a support main, so whenever I see an Akali, a strong assassin with Dark Harvest, or other newer, faster paced things I have such a horrible time trying to peel for my team. I also literally cannot keep up. Akali can go over 3+ walls and has true stealth, Kayn can walk through walls, Irelia is still highly mobile, etc, etc. The majority of things coming into the game just shafts older, slower champions even harder and removes a lot of counterplay, too. That being said, when I get into a good match and I'm playing one of my favorite champions and nobody gets fed right away, the game still has that charm that grabbed me back in Season 4. The art and skins coming out are also top notch, and the reworks of Nunu, Aatrox, and Swain were all amazing. I'm so excited for the next reworks of Kayle and Morg, but overall I'm a bit scared of Season 9.
I'm a support main also. So I completely understand how you feel. I think this has also contributed to ruining my fun in the game. Support is so hard to play these days unless you play pyke...
: I like playing League still, even though at times I hate the outcomes of the matches. I really like the feeling of being able to solo carry with a really smooth-to-play champion, like Katarina, Yasuo, Ekko, Fiora, Riven, etc. I also love the satisfaction of learning something new, like finally getting a combo down after multiple tries, along with finally being good and understanding a certain champion.
I'm glad you still enjoy the game. And thank you for sharing that with me. I really want to have fun with it again. I'm hoping that I can find inspiration from others.
: My love for League has died out mostly because Riot has made a number of decisions regarding gameplay that I disagree with. The reason I don't go to a different game is because it's hard to find something better. So while my fun is often fleeting and rare, it's still there.
I thought my fun was lost because of riots decisions as well. I really dislike the new meta. I dislike that if you dont take ignite, you lose. But I really want to enjoy the game again. My husband still loves it and now that I dont play it, we dont really play anything together anymore.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

Blade Vixen

Level 122 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion