Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Back from the item graveyard
Drop the CDR, reduce the Spellvamp to 10% and make it a unique passive and I think it would be pretty good, could be bought by some battlemages in tandem with visage to increase their damage output while safeguarding their survability. Maybe the unique passive could be changed a bit too, but something similar, preferably just number changes.
: Normals are no different once your MMR gets to a certain point. The main difference between normals (blind pick in particular) and ranked is that people tend to be much better at dealing with champs that are often banned, since said champs are pretty much in every game.
> [{quoted}](name=Elkington VI,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YQbNJjQU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-21T01:01:26.646+0000) > > Normals are no different once your MMR gets to a certain point. The main difference between normals (blind pick in particular) and ranked is that people tend to be much better at dealing with champs that are often banned, since said champs are pretty much in every game. I guess if your high elo you can't have fun with off-meta in normals or ranked- oh wait hello SoloRenektonOnly, Nightblue3, ProfessorAkali...etc.
: Scuttle Change Is Fine EXCEPT... their not.. remotely... fine... at all.. you're crazy...
> [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y14O5XuE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-20T23:44:30.518+0000) > > Scuttle Change Is Fine EXCEPT... > their not.. remotely... fine... at all.. you're crazy... It's healthy to have objectives worth fighting for and it does encourage a jungler to rotate to a lane to grab the scuttle. I'm mostly not opposed to RNG, but I do think it should be pseudo-random generation.
Rioter Comments
Malak (NA)
: Won't ADCs abuse the new spear fighter item?
koshkyra (NA)
: Singed is such a horrible champion.
Singed is fine if you don't like playing the game for about 20 minutes and you chose a champion that outscales him. Honestly he needs to deal more damage to minions with higher costs, less to champions, and focus on increasing stats he gets from items rather than a fixed amount. This would reward a good Singed who proxy's well, CS's well, and makes good plays by getting gold and using his ult which increasing bonus stats by a percentage. A bad Singed or one that gets outplayed, etc. cannot boost stats with ult as much because he would be behind. His kit would be a little annoying, but I think this would be enough to not make him as toxic until a potential rework or mini-rework.
focuself (NA)
: They are trying to appeal to the new generation of gamers who are into fast pace, low learning curve games. Which in my opinion will just kill the older playerbase who are loyal to the pre 2015 version of the game.
> [{quoted}](name=fried butter,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=819VN7qr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-20T19:41:15.984+0000) > > They are trying to appeal to the new generation of gamers who are into fast pace, low learning curve games. Which in my opinion will just kill the older playerbase who are loyal to the pre 2015 version of the game. "New generation" "Low learning curve" Tell that to every Genji main and kid with a Dark Souls T-shirt.
Rioter Comments
KoKoboto (NA)
: Elise is in the patch notes again
I think everyone is afraid of Elise becoming meta again and that's why they're just minor number changes for now.
: Why do all the cool, and extremely powerful, defensive mechanics belong to carries?
Spear of Sho can't be used by marksmen because of its range, it's only viable on fighters like Riven, Jax, Renekton, Camille who go into fights and get instantly murdered by marksmen. If you mean Carry as in "Melee carry" and maybe Yasuo, then sure, but what's cool about something that just gives you damage reduction? My favorite item personally by design is {{item:3512}}. It gives you a little voidling army that attacks the enemy base, it's pretty damn cool and no carries, melee or ranged, use it.
: Do we really need new champs with full mobility, like seriously, look at 15 last champs
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Riot doesn't know how to balance Melee carries
The vast majority of fighters that go in and unleash their combo like {{champion:164}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:24}} etc. just get murdered instantly after. Riven's shield exists to block damage as Camille's, but that doesn't mean they'll survive the engage, it just means they'll survive long enough to kill someone. Who would like a playstyle where you're just a kamikaze pilot? Nobody and I haven't liked it, you have to be extraordinarily good or the enemy has to misplay somewhere otherwise it's a one for one trade and why turn every fight into a 4v4? Melee carries should of course remain late game scaling champions with bad early games why is this an issue? That's why {{item:3053}} is getting a change. Can you imagine a Camille jumping into a fight, taking very little damage, **and** getting off her full combo so she is practically untouchable? They're removing damage from them to add more health and survability that's how balance works. Champions who use sterak's lose damage but can use Spear to survive.
: "nothing really heavily outclasses anything else" Haha. You haven't really played top lane, have you? First of all. Top lane has been dominated by bruisers and juggernauts for over a year. Renekton, Riven, Camille and Darius always win their lanes, unless they're up against each other. At the moment, we see a lot of assassin junglers without stealth - Graves, Nidalee and Kayn - but we also see a lot of bruisers, like Xin Zhao and Warwick. Zac is still a mainstay of the jungle, and actually stealthy junglers like Shaco and Evelynn are fairly rare. Actually, the only manaless mid laner that is even remotely succesful is Vladimir. He typically gets outclassed by mid laners that can actually utilize some of the extremely numerous mana items, such as Leblanc, Anivia, TF and Viktor. Bot lane is very true. Whenever a bot laner says they're autofilled, the other bot lane says the same. However, Thresh, Nami and Lulu are just as frequent as Janna. You also see a bit of Tahm kench and a lot of Rakan...
> [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hnvIkPTH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-19T09:55:45.538+0000) > > "nothing really heavily outclasses anything else" > > Haha. You haven't really played top lane, have you? > > First of all. Top lane has been dominated by bruisers and juggernauts for over a year. Renekton, Riven, Camille and Darius always win their lanes, unless they're up against each other. > > At the moment, we see a lot of assassin junglers without stealth - Graves, Nidalee and Kayn - but we also see a lot of bruisers, like Xin Zhao and Warwick. Zac is still a mainstay of the jungle, and actually stealthy junglers like Shaco and Evelynn are fairly rare. > > Actually, the only manaless mid laner that is even remotely succesful is Vladimir. He typically gets outclassed by mid laners that can actually utilize some of the extremely numerous mana items, such as Leblanc, Anivia, TF and Viktor. > > Bot lane is very true. Whenever a bot laner says they're autofilled, the other bot lane says the same. > > However, Thresh, Nami and Lulu are just as frequent as Janna. You also see a bit of Tahm kench and a lot of Rakan... 1. What? Riven hardly wins her lane all the time, especially since Riven is absolute trash until 6 and is bullied into oblivion by most laners. Camille can win lane but her strength is one-shotting your turrets. Renekton is strong but he isn't guaranteed to win, actually he has some pretty bad matchups and {{item:3123}} guts him like a fish in duels. But what's odd is saying bruisers and juggernauts have been meta top for "a year". For starters, that's kind of where bruisers and juggernauts _go_. Yeah they're strong in a lane that's kind of good for them? I mean that's like saying Marksmen have been dominating bot lane. Well yeah, because that's the lane where their role is strongest (mostly due to dragon's placement). 2. Graves is not an assassin lol. But {{champion:35}} and {{champion:121}} are the premier stealth junglers that bypass wards and use {{item:3147}} blade to one shot you. So he isn't wrong and both are played quite frequently. 3. {{champion:55}} and {{champion:238}} are notorious for just stomping lane, especially a skilled one. My issue is you saying "remotely successful" when there are a few manaless champions mid that are very viable if difficult to play. Altogether what game are you playing because it isn't League in season 8.
: Annnnddddd........... There Goes My Secondary Role
Junglers have been an issue for a while. The new change to scuttle is bad, but why should a game be decided by one person from the very beginning with some having no counterplay or being so strong you would throw? And not just you because after getting fed they go to another lane and win that one for them? It was awful. Remember the legendary 2:45 instagib from Kha if you were red side trying to ward? Who wants to deal with that every game unless they are forced to ban him but oh wait no {{champion:19}} was an issue too.
Rioter Comments
: Silent Majorities don't exist. People are vocal. The game is going downhill and the facts prove it.
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vgv11EnK,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-04-15T00:50:34.193+0000) > > Silent Majorities don't exist. People are vocal. > > The game is going downhill and the facts prove it. What facts? Riot hasn't released player count at all. Sounds like these facts don't exist.
Rioter Comments
Zeykra (NA)
: Most Hated Laner?
Given that I play mostly late game scaling champions or at least ones with not so great laning {{champion:420}} {{champion:240}} and, though not as much now since some changes, {{champion:80}}
Xyzx (NA)
: I agree with increase base armor/magic resist and maybeeee health? maybe. Everything else, eh not really. 1. even though you say what you say, it will still end up being who has more late game champs while everyone safe plays until late. incoming GP/ryze every game... while at the same time early game champs will suffer hard for the extreme safe play that will emerge. 2. reducing base AD, might (depending how much of a nerf happens) result in some unfortunate stuff like AP mages returning to the top lane and (prob unlikely, but still possible) adc role again All they really needed to do was compensate for the mass loss of armor/magic resist loss from runes, which they really didn't do.
> [{quoted}](name=Too Unlucky,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TY9lnRcd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-08T19:05:44.527+0000) > > I agree with increase base armor/magic resist and maybeeee health? maybe. > > Everything else, eh not really. > > 1. even though you say what you say, it will still end up being who has more late game champs while everyone safe plays until late. incoming GP/ryze every game... while at the same time early game champs will suffer hard for the extreme safe play that will emerge. > > 2. reducing base AD, might (depending how much of a nerf happens) result in some unfortunate stuff like AP mages returning to the top lane and (prob unlikely, but still possible) adc role again > > > > All they really needed to do was compensate for the mass loss of armor/magic resist loss from runes, which they really didn't do. To an extent I feel like the power creep was more like a power spike since some champions got some compensation while others got none so some matchups have insanely high damage outputs while others have unreasonable, but not absurd, levels. Regardless, you end up with too much damage in any matchup. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Rioter Comments
: a mobile champion in lane deserves bad base stats kled or camille or any champion you listed are not as mobile as irelia in lane, and they do not have a ranged stun either if irelia had good base stats, trading against her would be difficult
> [{quoted}](name=Je suis Rubick,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3Xq8EPZV,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-08T16:51:45.347+0000) > > a mobile champion in lane deserves bad base stats > > kled or camille or any champion you listed are not as mobile as irelia in lane, and they do not have a ranged stun either > if irelia had good base stats, trading against her would be difficult Technically Kled has a ranged pull and he has a decent dash. Camille has a dash that is doubled when going toward ranged champions Riven has 4 dashes, though short range, are still decent for escapes and engagements (though riven should only use 2 Q for gap closing at most) Renekton can have up to two rather long range dashes, albeit on a high cooldown Voli and Jayce don't have dashes, but the former can close gaps rather quickly and tosses people over him and the latter just fires shots at you from a distance.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: The New Ping will be Misused just like the "?" Ping
Kayge (NA)
: So everyone`s talking about these vayne buffs but...
I think it's rather hypocritical given they removed mana potions and clarity for a similar reason.
: Hey guys is this the correct Runes/Mast for riven, zed, and kayn?
: how do you explain this player who i reported 3 times for hate speech still playing and flaming racist remarks all game long/?
Reports don't work like magic. I guarantee Riot servers are flooded with thousands of reports every day.
: Riot condones racism.
I can assure you they do not condone racism.
Lugg (NA)
: Dear Riot, new champions
A wholesome post that isn't complaining about Ornn even though he hasn't been released? You have secured my updoot.
Rioter Comments
: Can we get shield penetration or something to counter them ?
I think an item would be dumb, but I could see a champion having an ability to remove and silence all shield abilities as an ult or something.
: cho mains want us to believe it's E that broke chogath
He needs to lose stacks upon death, otherwise, there is no reward to killing him.
: we dont need more star guardian skins
{{champion:6}} I want to believe.
awdaf (NA)
: With the release of Ornn, I think it's official
Most MOBAs are going to be spin-offs of DotA: Allstars in some ways, but LoL and DotA II are completely different games with completely different strats, mechanics, and play-styles. In many ways they aren't comparable.
: Alternative syndra nerfs (discuss)
Or don't nerf her because she's fine.
: Garen nerf or rework?
I hope this is a joke.
Rude Name (OCE)
: Damage in League is kinda unruly, here's my 2 cents
I agree with this. I believe some mages should be able to spam, that's what makes Ryze special, but I feel like high-burst champions such as {{champion:134}} and {{champion:103}} who burst you in just a couple seconds should have high costs and high damage and offer some sort of utility as well for a few spells.
: Well the real question is who are you playing into her? I would start by looking into playing her yourself and seeing what some of the biggest threats are to her, and then maybe looking into playing some of her known counters. http://lolcounter.com/champions/riven Lists {{champion:86}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:2}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:31}} as potential counters. I kept getting my ass kicked by Darius as Nautilus so I picked up Darius and then every time I see a Darius now, I pick Illaoi
Garen often gets annihilated, he's actually a poor counter. Pantheon is kind of OP and he shuts an auto off, so yes. Kennen is also a good counter, but he is squishy and a poor player can easily lose lane to Riven even as Kennen. Olaf is also just a solid character, so yes. Darius _might_ but it depends. I'd say it's a coin toss with him. The ol' cho is not great, but not too shabby either. A solid Riven can easily shut him down early enough to allow for her to roam and thus, she throws the game off for the enemy.
Sionata (NA)
: Real question how do you counter riven?
Well, I had just made a post about this. As a Riven main myself: If she's at level 1-2 she will not bother trading with you unless you're fighting a bad Riven. Oh, you're fighting a bad Riven? Then you will win. Step 1 is moot. Around level 3, her high CD will prevent better trades if you just walk away. When she is on CD, rush her and counter the trade and you will have won. Flash won't save you from a turret diving Riven and if you think it will, that's why you'll lose. If you're at around 50% life or if you're 100% but a squishy champion, she's going to ult you and you will die if she can land her combo. She won't even ult at the start, she'll often do it after a spell-cast such as Ki Burst or with her E. If she's running toward you, run the hell away. Takes about two kills or 4-5 waves of minions for her to buy all early items. I know this because I've been in both scenarios. Actually to counter Riven, you'll need sustain and mobility. You'll also need skill. Champs that counter Riven are and . Riven at early game can struggle against ganks too, but her CDs must be up and you must be able to immobilize her to effectively kill her. She is not hard to counter if you're a competent player, but Riven is a hard champion to lane against but **only** if it's a competent Riven you're fighting. Even top-tier Riven mains like Boxbox and AP Riven lose games because they get countered.
hoganftw (NA)
: Riven is one of those champions that Riot allows to be game-breakingly broken. There is no effective way of balancing her. "Muh autoattack animation canceling, muh jumps, muh combos, muh skill" are the usual Riven arguments against nerfs and it works. Riot will not touch Riven simply because she's "hard to use but overwhelmingly broken in the hands of a good player".
Riven isn't a broken champion. People know how to play the game, and you can be a mechanically great Riven, yet still lose games due to poor decision making, not using wards, and not using coordination.
Sionata (NA)
: How to counter Riven (Guide)
As a Riven main myself: 1. If she's at level 1-2 she will not bother trading with you unless you're fighting a bad Riven. Oh, you're fighting a bad Riven? Then you will win. Step 1 is moot. Around level 3, her high CD will prevent better trades if you just walk away. When she is on CD, rush her and counter the trade and you will have won. 2. Flash won't save you from a turret diving Riven and if you think it will, that's why you'll lose. If you're at around 50% life or if you're 100% but a squishy champion, she's going to ult you and you will die if she can land her combo. She won't even ult at the start, she'll often do it after a spell-cast such as Ki Burst or with her E. If she's running toward you, run the hell away. 3. Takes about two kills or 4-5 waves of minions for her to buy all early items. I know this because I've been in both scenarios. 4. OK. Actually to counter Riven, you'll need sustain and mobility. You'll also need skill. Champs that counter Riven are {{champion:5}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:133}} and {{champion:80}}. Riven at early game can struggle against ganks too, but her CDs must be up and you must be able to immobilize her to effectively kill her.
: Swain Rework Concept
"Passive - My Birds Are Hungry Enemies killed near Swain drop carrion pelts. Picking up these pelts recovers Swain's mana. Swain's ravens will also eat any pelt they encounter instead of Swain, which instead recovers a much smaller amount of Swain's health." Take {{item:1056}} and with this passive you will have a disgusting level of sustain. With this passive you won't leave your lane, you won't be stopped, and there's nothing the enemy can do about it if you can CS properly, which, a lot of people can. "Q - Raven's Resolve Passive: Swain starts with Beatrice and gains 1 additional raven that circles around his body for each rank of Raven's Resolve. These ravens periodically attack nearby foes. Ravens doing damage to enemies affected by the Carrion debuff (see below) restore health to Swain. Active: Swain sends his ravens to a specific point to attack, prioritizing champions, but losing them around his own body." This gives him too much harass and lane push, even if you made the damage minimal. It should just be an active with the circling crows as a visual effect so enemies know how many he has. "W - Carrion Trap Active: Places a carrion trap. Swain gains 1 trap at rank 1, 2 at rank 3, and 3 at rank 5 and cannot have any more than this on the field at once. Carrion traps are invisible on the map, though they can be killed if revealed by Control Wards/sweeping effects. An enemy walking over a carrion trap loses no health on its own, but grants very brief vision, and is affected by the Carrion debuff which very briefly slows but has a longer period of causing him/her to take more damage from Swain and his ravens or minions under Noxian Meddling" Useless. It's basically {{champion:76}} trap. "E - Noxian Meddling Passive: Friendly minions and monsters nearby gain a small damage buff per rank of Noxian Meddling. Active: Swain buffs the health and attack speed of a friendly minion or monster and up to one additional minion nearby per rank of Noxian Meddling, or curses an enemy minion, monster, or jungle monster with a damage debuff and damage over time. Noxian Meddling can also be used on turrets, causing an enemy turret to misfire its next single shot or buffing a friendly turret's next single shot. (Possibly also can be used on bare ground or bush to generate a small, short-lived ward?)" Combined with the Q this gives him way too much lane push. If anything, change the Q from this post itself and keep the E if you want him to actually have a "tactical leader" kit and meld it with the lore, because the Q and E combined are way too strong. Again, this is fine, just keep the E. However, it should not affect turrets, we can't have them be any weaker than they are and adding the ability to grant vision when he already has Carrion Trap makes both useless in that regard. "R - Don't Call It A Murder Active: Swain's ravens become enraged and converge on an area underneath a (controllable?) mystic cloud Swain creates that rains carrion, gaining extra damage. Enemies in the area are all afflicted with Carrion as long as the cloud lasts." This is fine.
: nerf brainless peel supports
{{champion:33}} My favorite support
Lùmen (EUNE)
: Please stop asking for ganks when there is no gank condition
So, you're saying that I can't spam for assistance when a full enemy wave with cannon minion is pushing turret at 25% HP while my HP is at 10% and the enemy is full with dash up and full item all the while my abilities are on cool-down and he has ult and I only have first buy and a biscuit? I'm reporting for griefing.
Dr Poro (EUW)
: Duskblade of Draktharr's slow should be for melee only
{{item:3147}} should be for melee in general and things like {{item:3036}} should be for ranged. This is what should be done instead.
: Who's your favorite assassin?
: Irelia is a stat stick with a clunky E that has no clarity to it. Plus her ult is basically just used for sheen procs.
Show more

Blades of Navori

Level 200 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion