: You Can Defend Yourself Without Retaliating.
nah Imma just stick with flaming the shit outta them {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
: Who is/are the worst champion(s) to date?
: Would you rather have Vayne and Riven be gutted to the ground or keep their current state?
Reav3 (NA)
: I want to take a minute to answer this from my perspective. First of all our intentions of doing less VGUs and more New Champs was actually based on caring for the playerbase as well as from player feedback we have gotten over the years as we have done New Champs and VGUs. Let me go into a bit more detail though. First when I said less VGUs I didnt mean we would stop doing them, I just meant we would slow down. Expect to still see plenty of VGUs in the future, just not as many as we have been doing last year. The reason why I feel that his is coming from a caring place is this. There are many players that share your perspective, that they want their main updated, and changed. But you have to understand there are also many other players that love their Champion, and find it very frustrating when they are updated even if many other players think the update makes them way better. We have to care about these players as well, and whenever we do VGUs we also cause a lot of disruption and frustration from players over their Champion being changed. New Champions generally don't cause this player pain. Last year we actually saw a lot higher player frustration over change, partly due to how many old Champions we were updating and changing, with many older players feeling alienated by the changes. At this point, after Morde, many of the Champions we would consider for a VGU have much higher players bases then the Champions we were doing VGUs on in the past. This isn't to say there isn't value in doing them, but if we were doing them at the rate we were doing them last year, on Champions with bigger player bases, then that is many more players that would feel frustrated or alienated by the changes, even if many other players like them. This isn't to say we want to stop doing them as we feel there is value in the game feeling modern and up to date, which means we value updating the things that are getting old and dated. The Champions on the list just aren't as dated as some of the ones we did over the last couple years, and as a result the value in updating them isn't as high, and also has a higher disruption and player pain cost since the Champions have bigger player bases.
> New Champions generally don't cause this player pain. Just a different kind of pain {{champion:142}}
: No new info on this year's ultimate skin
Based on recent trends, it probably for either {{champion:67}} {{champion:8}} or {{champion:92}}
Critty92 (EUNE)
: Which supports counter Blitzcrank the most
{{champion:12}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:111}} thx for bringing me to your adc bro
: Champions I think should be reworked
IMO Gameplay updates : {{champion:10}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:37}} Visual updates : {{champion:54}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:32}} VGU : {{champion:82}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:42}}
Kalikain (NA)
: I'm excited for the Vayne Nerfs
Hoping for a gutting
: Please make adc great again
I'd rather not go back to adc's being the only thing that matters in the game tbh
: When you just want to play a relaxing game of Bard
: "Buff them for normal play while dropping their power in professional play"
{{champion:266}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:427}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:2}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:421}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:4}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} Edit: Forgot {{champion:51}} {{champion:245}}
Anatera (NA)
: What's actually fun to play atm?
Warframe, Path of Exile, the latest WoW raid is pretty good
: Can we PLEASE see some real changes to Zoe
I think I still have that video of zoe _legitimately _ one-shoting an ezreal in pro play somewhere.
Saezio (EUNE)
: Lol, even before the changes, you have a busted ass teamcomp vs your enemy. Ali+Mao in the same team? Imagine if mao wasn't nerfed too xD Your enemies also have no ADC so... IDK what your point is.
{{champion:12}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:420}} can you imagine **_not_** winning with this?
: Kayle and Constant Nerfs
Because her late game is so fucking absurdly powerful. They seem to want to keep her being a 1v9 monstrosity once 35 min hits, so in order to """"""""""balance"""""""""""" it they have to keep hitting her early game until it kind of evens out. It will never actually work, since that balance sweet spot is not only hard to find but is also constantly changing because it's reliant on the meta and general state of the game in addition to, you know, kayle's actual power level. It's basically the whole issue with crit marksmen except magnified to another level.
Galiö (NA)
: {{champion:32}}
Is that some new unreleased champ? I've never seen him before
: Honestly as top laner i'm sick of playing against Vayne, so sick of this BS
: Bans in ARAM?? No thanks
Let me guess, do you have an ARAM only account?
: Remove, Rework or Revert: urgent changes for League of Legends.
You forgot {{champion:157}} {{champion:142}}{{champion:39}} {{champion:7}}
: My concern would be how this impacts the survivability of ranged champions. Part of what lifesteal does is push the "burst these characters" gameplay concept while providing them some ability to get back into the fight or lane if they survive the initial burst. Without solid lifesteal options, assassins and burst mages would more reliably be able to completely remove carries from the fights for longer periods of time, or force them to back and turn the game into a 4v5 for an extended period of time. That feels like a pretty fundamental change in the gameplay flow for marksmen, and also definitely punishes them for having a life-stealing melee character close to them. I wouldn't be opposed to exploring the idea, but I'm not convinced that if ranged characters aren't gated enough that *lifesteal* is the correct place to gate them further.
> Part of what lifesteal does is push the "burst these characters" gameplay concept while providing them some ability to get back into the fight or lane if they survive the initial burst. Without solid lifesteal options, assassins and burst mages would more reliably be able to completely remove carries from the fights for longer periods of time, or force them to back and turn the game into a 4v5 for an extended period of time Except that's already the reality for mages/ any squishy that can't build lifesteal. Why should marksmen be any different?
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts March 29
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 27
> Vayne - At time of writing we're still debating whether or not we should hit Vayne in 9.7 though probably won't. Power wise our take is she's on the border of needing a nerf, _**but not clearly over it. **_ u high m8?
Zeanix (OCE)
: RISE - Theme song for Worlds 2018
So many neat details, from the opening scene showing all the losers of 2016 worlds (including Ambition/ssg), to the top of the page in faker's book showing his name in korean and the torn page at the end saying "The indestructible demon king is the fundamental guide to win Worlds" in Korean:" (credit to some guy in the comments)
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: September 14
Any updates on the Zoe changes?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: September 12
Any word on the zoe changes?
Rioter Comments
: Happy 2:30 everyone
Sadly still 1:30 here, so I will take my leave for an hour. I deeply apologize for posting while being a male and ruining people's lives with my shear overwhelming privilege
Reav3 (NA)
: Overall I find Zoe to have been very successful. She is one of more popular mages and despite some people finding her theme/personality annoying, many people love her and connect wit her theme. I also value that she feels different and stands out in our cast. When you look at our entire roster she stands out and adds a lot to the roster imo. She can be frustrating to play against, but that only one aspect of many that goes into a champions success, and often times a Champions popularity contributes towards the communities perception of a Champion, which is something CertianlyT Champions can suffer from. When a Champion is popular you play against it a lot so it can make that Champion seem more frustrating then a Champion that might actually be more frustrating to play against but you rarely ever see it in games.
Yeah, who cares if 95% of players hate playing against Zoe, as long as she's unique it's a great success!!!!!!!!!!! /s
Chermorg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Blu 1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z4JUFKk7,comment-id=000500000001,timestamp=2018-09-06T17:57:59.757+0000) > > I would argue that regardless of the state of the product, being publicly insulted by members of the company is our concern. Whether or not it's endorsement or just tolerance, the fact that riot has been completely silent on the matter says to us that they either do not care or that they do not find anything wrong with their employee's behavior towards their customers. Yes, I agree that the Twitter can concern players. If one employee being a jerkface makes you hate an entire company, I have some words for you, including grow thicker skin. Jesus Christ Riot has literally thousands of employees. It's statistically impossible for none of them to be assholes and make shit choices. Our concern is the product. Not the execution. Riot's concern is the execution.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z4JUFKk7,comment-id=0005000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-06T18:02:40.616+0000) > > Yes, I agree that the Twitter can concern players. > > If one employee being a jerkface makes you hate an entire company, I have some words for you, including grow thicker skin. Jesus Christ Riot has literally thousands of employees. It's statistically impossible for none of them to be assholes and make shit choices. > > Our concern is the product. Not the execution. Riot's concern is the execution. again, it's less that one employee was an asshole and more the lack of communication from riot.
Chermorg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Blu 1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z4JUFKk7,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-06T16:59:18.363+0000) > > Yes we may not know everything about what's happening internally, but that's because riot has been completely silent about it. The only rioters who post anything are those that have nothing to do with the whole fiasco. > > So what are we, the paying customers, supposed to do? Respect that you are not an employee or agent of Riot. You are the customer. Your concern is the product. If you like the product or not. Not who they hire and how they discipline employees for bad actions.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z4JUFKk7,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-09-06T17:32:33.359+0000) > > Respect that you are not an employee or agent of Riot. You are the customer. Your concern is the product. If you like the product or not. Not who they hire and how they discipline employees for bad actions. I would argue that regardless of the state of the product, being publicly insulted by members of the company is our concern. Whether or not it's endorsement or just tolerance, the fact that riot has been completely silent on the matter says to us that they either do not care or that they do not find anything wrong with their employee's behavior towards their customers.
Chermorg (NA)
: Where do I buy this crystal ball?
Yes we may not know everything about what's happening internally, but that's because riot has been completely silent about it. The only rioters who post anything are those that have nothing to do with the whole fiasco. So what are we, the paying customers, supposed to do?
Chermorg (NA)
: The issue is that’s not the point of discussion. The point of discussion is not to form a consensus, or to find a “one true answer” - the point is to **discuss**. We aren’t Riot. We don’t make decisions, and there is no need for the boards or player base to present a “unified” front of ‘this is what we all agree with’. The point of the boards is discussion - and you cannot have discussion when there is an echo chamber. On the contrary, removing downvotes without removing upvotes has been shown in other forum environments to lead to voting used more truly - for *quality* instead of *agreeability*.
> removing downvotes without removing upvotes has been shown in other forum environments to lead to voting used more truly - for quality instead of agreeability. I think that very well could be the case if it were that way on all the boards. But as of right now on a lot of boards, up/downvoting is mostly used for agreement/disagreement. So having one board (not sure if others are this way) be different from the norm most likely will not yield the results you are looking for. Removing voting entirely forces people to discuss, whether they agree or disagree, and on a curated board like this we should not have to worry about post quality.
Meddler (NA)
: I'm sad we've lost some of the diversity in bot lane but don't think we'd gone about getting it in the right way. Getting variety needs to involve a range of options feeling decent and useful, while 8.11 at least pushed a lot of marksmen into too poor a state. It's possible in retrospect we might have put more power back in than was needed, so might have traded off a bit of variety unnecessarily, hard to tell though given performance and play rate trends lag somewhat behind when we lock patches, plus there's just not the same degree of experience with non marksmen in botlane, so still unclear what optimal from some other picks there looks like when really polished. Glad to still see the occasional other champ get picked there (e.g. Swain), would want to take a pretty gradual approach to get some others back if trying though rather than swinging too hard at once. Jhin's mobility seems somewhat excessive to me. I incline somewhat towards hitting Hail of Blades, at least for Jhin, as a result. I haven't looked into Jhin in depth personally though, so possible there's some other change that would be more appropriate. I think perceptions of radio silence most commonly happen when the issues people want to talk about/get a response on are ones that most Rioters aren't the right people to answer. Regardless of your position at Riot you're still looked at as an official source on anything you post about to some degree, so some topics have a chilling effect on Rioter talking if they're the main things players want to discuss.
If you feel you may have put too much power back into marksmen, couldn't you go back and revert some of the changes? You increased a lot of stats across the board for marksmen, then when that didn't seem to have enough of an effect on how they felt to play you then went and lowered the cost of several items, which seemed to do the trick, so why not go back and revert some of the stat changes? Also the removal of banner pretty much killed double melee bot, any thoughts on maybe bringing it back to the game?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: September 5
Thoughts on current level of diversity bot lane? Thoughts on jhin running around at mach 5? Thoughts on what has essentially been radio silence from rioters lately?
Yago (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Blu 1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7aHvuEYA,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-04T15:32:04.593+0000) > > Seriously, 0 responses or statements to probably one of the biggest PR disasters the company has faced. Not even a "We know we fucked up" > > But by all means riot, keep on alienating 97% of your customers, SURELY those brownie points you got are worth it right? > {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} Good. I hope the entire industry alienates you. You're not irreplaceable. A lot of us are sick and tired of your entitled bigoted bullshit.
> [{quoted}](name=Yago,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7aHvuEYA,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-09-05T06:12:27.271+0000) > > A lot of us are sick and tired of your entitled bigoted bullshit. And we're sick and tired of **your** entitled bigoted bullshit as well.
: Reddit mods are removing every post about the recent drama.
Just in case anyone was skeptical https://gyazo.com/eb46a866c8b0fa16f9c7f1f6aeefc00a Reddit does not even allow any new threads on the topic to be created, they are _**actively**_ blocking any discussion there
AD Yuumi (NA)
: No downvotes is a great voting method for curated boards IMO (where mods can manually filter out spam posts and other nasty threads) People don't downvote objectively bad threads. They downvote things they disagree with. Creates echochambers. Makes it difficult to have discussions, especially if you disagree with the majority.
If people downvote things they disagree with, then when things get downvoted into oblivion it means that the vast majority of people disagree with the post. And it's not like the opposite is not true either, people upvote things that they agree with. Removing downvoting without also removing upvoting is an issue because it _**heavily**_ biases towards those that agree with the post in question.
Rioter Comments
: How Do Support Mains Stay Sane?
Play carry supports {{champion:63}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:45}} Flame the shit out of your adc (maybe don't actually send the messages, just type them then delete)
: Lucian getting buffed on PBE
Honestly are you even surprised any more? It's probably so they can have more #WorldsBigPlays while making the game worse for the 99.999% of us who aren't pro players
Lowvyr (NA)
: If you could delete one champion, who would it be and why?
{{champion:142}} But since I can't pick Zoe, {{champion:105}} : There is a special place in hell for the monster who created this
: Master Yi is way over powered
jUsT cC hIM bRO LMaO
S V (NA)
: Just because a person's banrate is huge doesn't mean that the champion requires a rework. Banrates for champions can hugely vary from patch to patch as some people get direct / indirect nerfs and buffs through items or straight stats. Even buffing other sets of champs can knock champs like Yasuo down a few pegs. As of the current meta, Yasuo isn't in need of a rework as much as people like Ivern, Kalista, or Kog'maw since they have been dumped out due to patches that nerfed them at their peek performance. Or maybe Riot will just nerf all the high tier champs so the low tiers can actually have an impact idk.
I think the idea is that his banrate is consistently one of the highest every single patch in every single meta
: What big things were removed that I'm missing? His ult only does damaged once and his shield only shields one ally what other big changes happened? And he isn't overloaded now.
Those were the big two, the multi-hit box and the team shield on the lantern.
: Stop With CertainlyT
You forget that Thresh had to have parts of his kit removed because he was so damn overloaded (and arguably still is).
: Former Pro Maria claims Riot Balances too much around Casual Play
God forbid a company listens to 99.9% of it's consumers!
: Why were champs like yorick,poppy, galio evelyn dumpster-ed
Probably because Tryndamere is the screen name of Marc Merrill, one of Riot's co-founders
Erïx (NA)
: THANK YOU FOR RUINING QUINN ---> RANK 16 NA WITH QUINN (1500+ GAMES QUINN RANKED)
> do you guys at Riot realize any hard cc instantly stops quinn? You mean like literally every single champion in the game except Olaf?
Rexxiee (NA)
: Riot can you stop ignoring champs like Heimer, Brand, Swain and Fiddle ruining bot lane?
: Yw, we're always happy to get things fixed. With marksmen in a good place after 8.15 we will see how some of the diversity sticks and if we want to bring in non marksmen we will probably try more targeted individual buffs or changes to champs that we've seen like swain, vlad, heimer, ori, etc.
What about bruisers? Like the bruise-bros {{champion:82}} + {{champion:516}} or {{champion:122}} +{{champion:12}} There used to be **a lot** of things you could take bot lane, then it pretty much just became swain, vlad, heimer and marksmen, and now we're pretty much back to 100% marksmen every single game.
Show more

Blu 1

Level 91 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion